PDA

View Full Version : TFCC Subscription Service 5.0

UltraMarginal
9th February 2016, 03:26 PM
I first noticed this on my Twitter:

It looks like the club is starting to promote their next subscription service.

I really like the look of these two.

there are two (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/08/first-figures-transformers-subscription-service-5-0-revealed-309257) reveals (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/tcc-and-tfss-50-thread/34703/)

BigTransformerTrev
9th February 2016, 05:41 PM
Can't say I like Pretender Prime much but the Paradron Medic looks good. Wonder if she will ever get a name? Even my HOC version called her by her title

BigTransformerTrev
9th February 2016, 06:01 PM
Paradron Medic looks good. Wonder if she will ever get a name? Even my HOC version called her by her title

Personally I like 'Nightingale' :)

Golden Phoenix
9th February 2016, 06:14 PM
I more imagine her being like Nurse Joy from Pokemon. There are lots of them, they all look pretty much the same and have the same name.

UltraMarginal
9th February 2016, 06:15 PM
I wonder if this confirms that they'll be around next year.
or if they are just going to be doing exclusive figures.

BigTransformerTrev
9th February 2016, 06:19 PM
I more imagine her being like Nurse Joy from Pokemon.

Yeah it's so weird they named the nurse/s in Pokemon after the trailer-trash ex-wife character in My Name is Earl :confused::rolleyes:

But then I've known nurses and I know what some of them get up to ;)

prjkt
9th February 2016, 06:34 PM
Pretender Optimus, homaging his Movie alt mode, Beast Wars shell, G1ish headsculpt.
Pretty cool concept right there. Oh and the Gen Orion Pax short rifle is the perfect size for the Legends class figure to use as his traditional weapon.

As for the medic, that's something that I thought was a given, based on the animation model basically being Arcee without the shoulder pylons.

Looking forward to the next reveals.

Paulbot
9th February 2016, 06:56 PM
This looks like a "leak/spoiler" rather than a reveal. I assume someone got their latest newsletter early and took a pic of that page.

griffin
9th February 2016, 07:16 PM
This looks like a "leak/spoiler" rather than a reveal. I assume someone got their latest newsletter early and took a pic of that page.

It certainly looks like a photo of a page from the Club Magazine (which should be out this week for Americans)... but I wonder why both Seibertron and TFW were willing to post it up, as they are both pretty good with not showing images from the Magazine (as per the request of FunPub).

I wonder if this confirms that they'll be around next year.
or if they are just going to be doing exclusive figures.

It could also mean that they will promote this over the next month and take pre-orders within the next two months... then send out the set all at once before the end of the year, after the fourth series is sent out by October.

If FunPub don't answer any questions or make a statement, I guess their panel at BotCon will let us know for sure.

Mr_K
9th February 2016, 08:45 PM
Not a member of the club so does anyone know how (apart from eBay) I might be able to get ahold of the Optimus Pretender?

Paulbot
9th February 2016, 08:49 PM
Not a member of the club so does anyone know how (apart from eBay) I might be able to get ahold of the Optimus Pretender?

BBTS usually stocks these figures with markup although if unpopular they may end up cheaper. See here (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=265) although these news one are unlikely to be on order yet since they aren't all "announced" yet.

prjkt
9th February 2016, 09:50 PM
Now a photo from the magazine appears of Ramjet and Skywarp. Does Funpub not care anymore about this stuff?

Mr_K
9th February 2016, 10:05 PM
BBTS usually stocks these figures with markup although if unpopular they may end up cheaper. See here (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=265) although these news one are unlikely to be on order yet since they aren't all "announced" yet.

Cheers :)

BigTransformerTrev
10th February 2016, 11:07 AM

Yeah I got most of TFSS 1.0 from BBTS actually cheaper than it would have been from TFCC :rolleyes:

I was hoping for the same for Krok from the 3.0 but looks like BBTS preorders sold out

reillyd
10th February 2016, 03:00 PM
Or they could just be planning to bill us then bail off into the sunset *cough*OTFCC*cough*

SuspectimusPrime
11th February 2016, 03:23 PM
Yeah I got most of TFSS 1.0 from BBTS actually cheaper than it would have been from TFCC :rolleyes:

I was hoping for the same for Krok from the 3.0 but looks like BBTS preorders sold out

Yeah, looking back at the past few years there's always been more duds than gems. I ended up selling my TFSS 1.0 set through eBay for 2/3 what I paid, and when I met up with the buyer he said he basically only really wanted Nemesis Prime. He didn't even know about TFCC but he was a big Masterpiece/CHUG collector that missed out on G2 Black OP from the Tokyo Toy Show.

prjkt
11th February 2016, 03:54 PM
Yeah, looking back at the past few years there's always been more duds than gems. I ended up selling my TFSS 1.0 set through eBay for 2/3 what I paid, and when I met up with the buyer he said he basically only really wanted Nemesis Prime. He didn't even know about TFCC but he was a big Masterpiece/CHUG collector that missed out on G2 Black OP from the Tokyo Toy Show.

I was happy with all but Serpentor from last year's set, and picked up Chromedome and Jackpot from the previous services. Wouldn't mind Treadshot, but there's not many others I'd be after...

TFSS 4 has me wanting them all (not just cause it's a combiner) but due to the characters in use.

Unconvinced on #5 yet...

SuspectimusPrime
11th February 2016, 05:26 PM
I was happy with all but Serpentor from last year's set, and picked up Chromedome and Jackpot from the previous services. Wouldn't mind Treadshot, but there's not many others I'd be after...

TFSS 4 has me wanting them all (not just cause it's a combiner) but due to the characters in use.

Unconvinced on #5 yet...

Treadshot is a solid toy. Strong joints all around, zero mould degradation and quality paint/colours. I like to keep him with Krok and would be interested in other even more obscure Actionmasters getting the Classicsverse update with an Arms Micron partner.

I love the choice of team for TFSS 4.0, but can't justify the price. I think this set and together with the Botcon exclusives has the biggest chance of catching up to Botcon 2006's Dawn of Futures Past boxset in being highly sought after.

griffin
12th February 2016, 12:51 PM
The current issue of the Club Magazine has apparently noted that the fourth Subscription set (Thunder Mayhem & Impactor) will start shipping in April (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1060797-tfss-5-0-pretender-optimus-prime-paradron-medic-revealed-10.html#post13344172) (after BotCon which is in the first week), with each toy being send out 3 weeks apart... further supporting the suspicion that they are trying to squeeze in the fifth Subscription set before the end of the year, as if their license ends this year.

I just got my club magazine and there's some info up front about TFSS 4.0. It says that toys will start shipping in April and will be sent out about every three weeks. Presuming this schedule holds (presuming also a late April since Botcon is 7-10), that would have the last 4.0 shipment in mid-to-late August (example, if they start shipping on April 22 and we have exactly three weeks between each, the last shipment would be sent out Aug 5).

This could mean that the fourth set could be sent out by the first week of August, giving them 21 weeks to get the fifth set sent out, when they only need 18 weeks at this 3-week schedule.
That could give them enough time to get the pre-orders done in March/April (which are often only about 2-3 weeks), and get the toys made and sent to them by August/September.

So, giving FunPub a week to get back from the convention and get back to their usual routine, these are the likely postage dates for the fourth set...
Toy 1 - Week starting Monday April 18th
Toy 2 - May 9th
Toy 3 - May 30th
Toy 4 - June 20th
Toy 5 - July 11th
Toy 6&7 - August 1st

That gives them until September 12th to then start sending out the fifth set at 3 week intervals, to still get the last one posted out in the last week of the year.

UltraMarginal
12th February 2016, 01:23 PM
HaHa, you're assuming that they would get the 5th set shipped to them without piggybacking it on another Botcon set... (ooh bitter Twisted me just got out for a second.)

UltraMarginal
12th February 2016, 01:26 PM
I have to echo this, I think some of the best TFCC Subscription toys have been the Homages to the original Actionmasters.

griffin
12th February 2016, 02:26 PM
You can thank John (https://twitter.com/ThatJohnD/status/696854681188839424) DeLuna (https://twitter.com/ThatJohnD/status/696864832415354880). Not that people bother to credit him or double check the source, but I digress. :rolleyes:

Both Seiberton and TFW2005, linked in the first post of this news topic by UltraMarginal, credited him and his twitter page.

griffin
20th April 2016, 07:19 AM
The new issue of the Club Magazine has started arriving at American addresses, and people are noting that the fifth Subscription set is supposed to open up pre-orders "this week".
FunPub are famous for not meeting their own schedule, so it could still be a while (especially if they have to work out a way for non-members who were a member last year, to be able to order a set)... and I don't know if they actually stated "this week" or if they stated a date in April that people are noting as this week.

Either way, it should be very soon (if they aren't going to do a quick public promotion of the images first), so get your money ready, as it will be a four week pre-order period, and the last one was about AU$580 (when buying a single set).

Krayt
20th April 2016, 08:14 AM
Pics are up on seibertron, and the mag states the 17th.

As well as finally saying there is a 7th figure (no Botcon reports I'd found mentioned no7)

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-details-about-transformers-subscription-service-50/35188/

CHILENO20
20th April 2016, 12:24 PM
Hmmm, these are actually peaking my interest. Damn you FunFub!

Raider
20th April 2016, 12:26 PM
Yeah same, unfortunately for my wallet. I ordered 4.0 and I think I will do it again with 5.0.

Paul Agnew
21st April 2016, 09:04 AM
As well as finally saying there is a 7th figure (no Botcon reports I'd found mentioned no7)

The mystery seventh figure was definitely confirmed during the TFCC panel at BotCon (though his/her identity was kept a secret).

SuspectimusPrime
21st April 2016, 09:16 AM
Double Pretender Megatron's outter shell looks a bit too heroic? Is there an obvious Autobot repaint here?

Paul Agnew
21st April 2016, 09:37 AM
Double Pretender Megatron's outter shell looks a bit too heroic? Is there an obvious Autobot repaint here?

It's a repaint, though not the one you're expecting. (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/0/0d/Grandmax_toy.jpg)

SuspectimusPrime
21st April 2016, 11:40 AM
It's a repaint, though not the one you're expecting. (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/0/0d/Grandmax_toy.jpg)

Thanks for clearing up my G1-noobness :)

Wouldn't Legends Megatron rattle around inside the shell? His combined mass with the Targetmaster partner should still fall short of G1 Cerebros?

UltraMarginal
21st April 2016, 12:48 PM
I'm very tempted to get this set. very tempted. it will be interesting to see if I can log in with my old password when the time comes.

prjkt
21st April 2016, 03:37 PM
Thanks for clearing up my G1-noobness :)

Wouldn't Legends Megatron rattle around inside the shell? His combined mass with the Targetmaster partner should still fall short of G1 Cerebros?

They've probably got a moulded inner shell to fit Megatron nicely

BigTransformerTrev
21st April 2016, 04:12 PM
While Im looking forward to getting my 4.0's, I can easily give the 5.0 a miss. Only the Paradron medic remotely interests me. As for Punch/Counterpunch, this one looks crap compared to the awesome one they did a few years ago (and I'd give my right arm to get a hold of!).

Plus it might be somewhat pessimistic but with Fubpub closing up shop, Im worried about defects with the 5.0 happening and having noone to return them to for a replacement/refund.