PDA

View Full Version : Target Sale starting today 25 September 2008

STL
25th September 2008, 09:53 AM
My girlfriend called and told me that Target has a toy sale today??? (I thought she was screwing w/ me like she usually does but no its true which surprised me cos I'm normally on top of these things)

She told me that Transformers is 20% off and Lego is also 20% off. She picked me up a Blitzwing and another Grimlock. Flock thee forth, I tell ye all.

JuzMel
25th September 2008, 10:19 AM
Ahhhh :O you mean animated blitzwing and grimlock are out in the stores now?!

i_amtrunks
25th September 2008, 10:26 AM
Thats a quiet sale then...

Time to get back to Blacktown to get yourself a Lugnut Pulse!

JuzMel
25th September 2008, 10:28 AM
OMG Yes it's true! I got the catalogue last night! Argggh, if only I had flipped to the back, I was at Forest Hill Big W this morning!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/milassilem/target-sale.jpg

Pulse
25th September 2008, 10:44 AM
Time to get back to Blacktown to get yourself a Lugnut Pulse!

Ah, that's ok :) (I've got quite a few G1/BW figures arriving that'll keep me happy :o)

Paulbot
25th September 2008, 11:05 AM
Cool. Looking for Blitzwing!

Robzy
25th September 2008, 11:17 AM
Great news... except for my wallet! :(

swoop
25th September 2008, 11:28 AM
My nephew has been nagging me for ages to get him Grimlock so hopefully I'll be able to find one for him and me this afternoon and save some money while I'm at it

JuzMel
25th September 2008, 12:17 PM
Icy just went to Target in City, TFs only 10% off. So voyagers after discount is still $40.50. Current wave Voyager Grimlock, Lugnutz, Earth Mode Prime and Blitzwing. I'll be checking up Forest Hill in about 10 mins time. Will update when I get back.

iceburn
25th September 2008, 12:37 PM
BACKSSSS....

I've taken both Blitzwing (one for me and one for Paul).
The shelf is left with 3 Lugnut, 1 Prime, 1 Grimlock....

yeah..as i've told Mel, it's just 10% (not 20%) unless other Target have it at 20% which i'm unaware of. i'm off to another Target at night and will keep everyone informed.

JuzMel
25th September 2008, 02:24 PM
Just came back from Target Forest Hill couple of hours ago, only 1 of each Grimlock, Blitzwing, Lugnutz and Prime of which I grabbed the first 3.

Yes confirm that the discount is only 10% for TFs. I'm guessing they will re-stock in the next 1-2 days the forest hill branch is pretty good.

Lego is also 10% discount only.

komikskolektor
25th September 2008, 05:19 PM
got blitzters at Target Westfield Burwood $40.40

Robzy
25th September 2008, 07:23 PM
I visited 2 Targets today... Nothing! :(

SilverDragon
25th September 2008, 08:25 PM
Oh, if only the Target in Broadway would restock with toys which aren't masses of Wreckage and Dropkick.

SofaMan
25th September 2008, 09:09 PM
Nothing new at Sefton Plaza Target. :(

Stompy
25th September 2008, 09:27 PM
Went to a few targets today and nothing as well. Although I think I got beaten by others, there was always a lonesome Voyager Prime so they definately were there. :/ All I want is Blitzy.

sifun
26th September 2008, 09:26 AM
I'm going to check city target again see if they restocked over night.
Neeeed Blitzwing.

I haven't opened my lugnut yet. is it worth opening?

JuzMel
26th September 2008, 09:48 AM
I think the Targets today brought out the Transformers Marvel Crossovers as well. Forest Hill had Ironman and Venom which I bought for Icy and myself. They had 2 Spidermans left, but no Hulk. Priced at $23.99, way cheaper than Big W. A pity there's no catalogue to price-match.

liegeprime
26th September 2008, 10:16 AM
So, up til when is the sale?I was out yesterday and didnt bother to check the local Target AAAArrrgh! Im too tired to go out today, plus Ive got walls to finish painting:(:( Darn!

hanprimus
26th September 2008, 12:06 PM
I think the Targets today brought out the Transformers Marvel Crossovers as well. Forest Hill had Ironman and Venom which I bought for Icy and myself. They had 2 Spidermans left, but no Hulk. Priced at $23.99, way cheaper than Big W. A pity there's no catalogue to price-match.

Any more Animated Blitzwing or Grimlock?

Saintly
26th September 2008, 12:10 PM
Would someone please grab me a Blitzwing? :)

Paulbot
26th September 2008, 01:32 PM
No more Animated Voyagers put out today, but first and second wave Animated deluxes were to be found.

It's 20% off for the Marvel Crossovers.

iceburn
26th September 2008, 02:53 PM
I've found 2 spare (individual) Blitzwings in different Target today so please know how tiring and precious they are to you guys...

http://images.icebu12n.multiply.com/image/3/photos/46/500x500/72/Animated-Blitzwing.JPG?et=LGkAOxEeJv%2Cn8eK%2CbghOOw&nmid=108506756

STL, stompy and sifun (in order of interest), please let me know if you want 1. thanks....

[edit] picture update and

also stompy is out...sifun will have 1, waiting for STL before it becomes available

Stompy
26th September 2008, 03:39 PM
Well I did the smart thing and just called up all Targets instead of going around wasting time (plus I really can't as I'm stuck at work). Called about 20 stores until jackpot! On hold for me is Blitzwing. WOO! A lot of places had them all but obviously sold out as they had spares of Lugnut and Grimlock.

Mmmm. Love the hunt. It's kinda dissapointing to finally have it due to the thrill of the hunt.

sifun
26th September 2008, 03:45 PM
woot that means one for me from icey! thanks stompy :D

Stompy
26th September 2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for looking out for me and the rest of us ICE. I didn't see your post until I already found one. Works out, since sifun now have one secured. :)

Thanatos
26th September 2008, 06:24 PM
Nothing at Target in Brisbane City unless you want Heavy Load :(

STL
26th September 2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks heaps Icey but I actually have 4 Bltizwings for whoever needs it. I was hunting too today and picked up a fair few extra Grimlocks. Lemme know if any Melbournians need 'im before 12 Saturday. If not, he's going straight back tmrw cos I have cash flow issues atm. I'll check back tmrw morning for PMs for anyone who needs 'em.

STL
26th September 2008, 07:37 PM
I should add clarifications to the Target sale. Marvel toys are 20% off hence why the Marvel Crossover Transformers are so cheap. Lego is actually only 10% off too which peeved me off a bit.

iceburn
26th September 2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks heaps Icey but I actually have 4 Bltizwings for whoever needs it. I was hunting too today and picked up a fair few extra Grimlocks. Lemme know if any Melbournians need 'im before 12 Saturday. If not, he's going straight back tmrw cos I have cash flow issues atm. I'll check back tmrw morning for PMs for anyone who needs 'em.

Glad you got us Melbournians covered too....
okay..both of mine has gone to Demonac and sifun.
if anyone wants Blitzwing...it's via STL

Tropisetron
27th September 2008, 11:24 AM
Fellow adelaideans!

Spotted Animated Voyager Lugnut, Grimlock and Blitz at Target RM.

I took Blitzzz and there's still the other two on shelve. Very tricky place to spot. Just look around!

Cheers

loophole
27th September 2008, 04:41 PM
damn it now i'll have to go there tomorrow hopefully there open sundays

autobreadticon
27th September 2008, 09:47 PM
I don't think Target had evolution of a hero 2 packs before. But it seemed they just dumped a heap of them with sub-standard packaging. I was happy to see a kid finding the battle begins 2pack at Target tho.

Pulse
27th September 2008, 10:16 PM
I don't think Target had evolution of a hero 2 packs before. But they seemed they just dumped a heap with sub-standard packaging. I was happy to see a kid finding the battle begins 2pack at Target tho.

Seems as though Hasbro Aus convinced Target to stock these too... :rolleyes:
(Poor Target, They're gonna have to sell these at atleast 50% off to move them all... :D)

jaydisc
28th September 2008, 11:09 AM
I don't think Target had evolution of a hero 2 packs before. But it seemed they just dumped a heap of them with sub-standard packaging. I was happy to see a kid finding the battle begins 2pack at Target tho.

Bread, are you sure you meant Evolution of a Hero as in 2 x movie Bumblebees? Or do you mean the Animated Battle Begins?

iceburn
28th September 2008, 11:27 AM
nah it's the 2 pack Battle-Damaged Bumblebees.
i saw them too, not in every Target

Robzy
28th September 2008, 12:34 PM
Fellow adelaideans!

Spotted Animated Voyager Lugnut, Grimlock and Blitz at Target RM.

damn it now i'll have to go there tomorrow hopefully there open sundaysThey're everywhere guys!! I picked up Grimlock last week from a different store!

JuzMel
29th September 2008, 12:26 PM
I have a MISB Marvel Crossover Venom if anybody wants it, $24 + shipping extra (or pickup for Melbournians). Let me know otherwise it's gonna be refunded to Target on Friday. Too broke and need the cash. :(

hanprimus
2nd October 2008, 01:44 PM
Received an e-catalogue from Target saying that there's another toy sale starts next Thursday October 9th, no pic yet but with title saying 'Over 40 NEW toys and Interactive games!'

autobreadticon
2nd October 2008, 01:53 PM
Received an e-catalogue from Target saying that there's another toy sale starts next Thursday October 9th, no pic yet but with title saying 'Over 40 NEW toys and Interactive games!'

well f#k me.... if new animated toys come out i must get them :eek:

jaydisc
2nd October 2008, 02:29 PM

I was with someone purchasing a cross training exercise machine today and had to go to the Target warehouse to pick it up. There were skids of boxes from Mattel and Hasbro which said "Do not put out until July 28" but also said for Dept/Event: "Oct Toy Sale". So, something is cooking...

iceburn
2nd October 2008, 03:35 PM
"Do not put out until July 28"

this doesn't sound right..it's way overdue!

Paulbot
2nd October 2008, 03:48 PM
this doesn't sound right..it's way overdue!

I've been googling trying to find what toys might have had a (US?) street date of 28 July. Nothing comes to mind though.

STL
2nd October 2008, 11:56 PM
So last week's sale was to move old stock, clear shelf space whereas the upcoming sale is the real deal... my pockets are gonna hurt!