PDA

View Full Version : $70 Platinum Edition Trypticon at ToysRUs

Wormz
3rd March 2016, 03:48 PM
Just letting everyone know that Tripicon is clearance at toys r us for $70
http://m.toysrus.com.au/transformers-platinum-edition-collectible-trypitcon_10486288/

Link for those not on a mobile device - http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-platinum-edition-collectible-trypitcon_10486288/

drifand
3rd March 2016, 03:50 PM
Just letting everyone know that Tripicon is clearance at toys r us for $70
http://m.toysrus.com.au/transformers-platinum-edition-collectible-trypitcon_10486288/

I posted at the tru thread. I think some people will scream.

Wormz
3rd March 2016, 03:54 PM
I posted at the tru thread. I think some people will scream.

I screamed a little bit

Gutsman Heavy
3rd March 2016, 03:57 PM
I didn't even want one, but at that price I'm in!

CoRDS
3rd March 2016, 04:05 PM
OMG Thankyou so much . i always wanted one, but never at $300+

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
3rd March 2016, 04:08 PM
And this is what playing the waiting game is all about! :D

megatren
3rd March 2016, 04:11 PM
I just reserved 1 to be picked up later.

I hope they will do the same for MP10.

spiderken17
3rd March 2016, 04:12 PM
Is it online only?

megatren
3rd March 2016, 04:14 PM
Is it online only?

Available in store

Mythirax
3rd March 2016, 04:16 PM
And this is what playing the waiting game is all about! :D

Yeah I waited it out as well, was hoping to get it for at least $150 - 200. Very thankful I just snagged this online for that price.

Thanks so much guys :D:D:D:D:D

Raider
3rd March 2016, 04:19 PM
I had no desire to buy a second but damn I am going to at that price. Either leave it MISB for my son one day or bust it out and do a custom.

DaptoDog
3rd March 2016, 04:23 PM
Oh dear. I have my original G1 that has seen better days. I have 2 copies of the reissue, one opened and the other MISB. I don't think I can justify a fourth one but it feels criminal to not snap one up at that price!

DaptoDog
3rd March 2016, 04:25 PM
You just know those $399 Unite Warriors Superion sets are going to end up on clearance too.

leej84
3rd March 2016, 04:33 PM
there are about 6 still available at bankstown TRU if anyones interested. it is marked at RRP, but when scanned, its at the clearance price =]

Borgeman
3rd March 2016, 04:33 PM
Well I snapped it up online

I only just got one for $190, so Imma have to offload that for a bit less down the line to offset.

Ralph Wiggum
3rd March 2016, 04:37 PM
Holee sheet. Gonna leave work early and head to my local TRU.

drifand
3rd March 2016, 04:38 PM

Now that will really be sold out in seconds if they do that

spiderken17
3rd March 2016, 04:40 PM
Whats postage from online?

Borgeman
3rd March 2016, 04:42 PM
$25 for me, but probably varies on location

BigTransformerTrev
3rd March 2016, 04:47 PM
Holy f***ing $h!t :eek:

Even with the $22 postage to Swan Hill it was only $90! :eek::D I nearly bought two!

Massive thanks for the heads up guys! :)

Wonder how long it will take scalpels to buy a ton then flig'em online for 3 times the price :rolleyes:

snaketales
3rd March 2016, 05:00 PM
Too early to pick best news of 2016?

:D

UltraMarginal
3rd March 2016, 05:10 PM

there are about 6 still available at bankstown TRU if anyones interested. it is marked at RRP, but when scanned, its at the clearance price =]

haha, I called bankstown at about 4.45 and they said there was none in the computer. I freaked and bought one online. the earliest I'll be able to get to a TRU is Sunday and I don't expect any to be left by then.

Megatran
3rd March 2016, 05:13 PM
MP-10 Masterpiece Optimus Prime / Convoy (http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-cybertron-commander-convoy-mp10_10486288/) $300 (save $100)

megatren
3rd March 2016, 05:15 PM
2 units available in TRU Parramatta

3rd March 2016, 05:16 PM

I'm in Sydney/Metropolitan region and it was $10 for one Trypticon, $17 for two.

Kind of spewing since i'm so used to free shipping from PC, but I only have a motorcycle for transport so getting figures this big is a hassle!

The year is still young and TRU is way overpriced, so there could still be some discount bargains to come! :p

leej84
3rd March 2016, 05:25 PM
haha, I called bankstown at about 4.45 and they said there was none in the computer. I freaked and bought one online. the earliest I'll be able to get to a TRU is Sunday and I don't expect any to be left by then.

I can grab one for u if u want. Pm me.

BigTransformerTrev
3rd March 2016, 05:26 PM

$25 for me, but probably varies on location

Really? They charged more to post to Altona in Melb than to the bush? Weird! :confused:

jazzcomp
3rd March 2016, 05:28 PM
2 units available in TRU Parramatta
Sold out when I called. Had to reserve one at Penrith which they will only hold for today.

Castle Hill sold out.

Wormz
3rd March 2016, 05:33 PM
$22 postage to South West Vic but i just tried ordering a second online and was told it is out of stock.. lucky i ordered one as soon as i found it :/

megatren
3rd March 2016, 05:50 PM
Sold out when I called. Had to reserve one at Penrith which they will only hold for today.

Castle Hill sold out.

They are just lazy to look for the item. I also called around 4 and they said they don't have it. I still went there around 5:30 and they have 2 units.

BruiseLee
3rd March 2016, 06:01 PM
$22 postage to South West Vic but i just tried ordering a second online and was told it is out of stock.. lucky i ordered one as soon as i found it :/

Think it might depend on area perhaps. I bought one online for the Autobub and postage to metro Melb was $10. Thanks for the heads up on this. Awesome deal at that price!

After I saw this post I tried to see if it was sold out but I was still able to add to cart. Didn't buy another but tried to see how many I could buy in which I got a message when I tried to add more than 3 to the cart as it said it was a max of 3 in my area. So maybe different areas have different levels of stock avails?

Ralph Wiggum
3rd March 2016, 06:02 PM
I called Cannington store (WA) and she said they had none left, people have been calling all day and putting them on hold.

So I ordered online and shipping was $10. Probably would've spent that much on petrol getting there anyway (she needs premium duude! Premium!!)

UltraMarginal
3rd March 2016, 06:08 PM
I can grab one for u if u want. Pm me.

thanks mate, I've already ordered one on the line.

Ploughmans Lunch
3rd March 2016, 06:10 PM
I ordered one from TRU online for about $80 and if anyone misses out you can buy mine for cost xoxoxo

MayzaPrime
3rd March 2016, 06:22 PM
Got a 2nd one online... $79 (+ postage) for Trypticon :D:D:D

Trent
3rd March 2016, 06:22 PM
That's a great price.

Bidoofdude
3rd March 2016, 06:35 PM
Damn. $120 sure, but this is outrageously good.

DarkHyren
3rd March 2016, 06:42 PM
1 left at Bankstown NSW. I grabbed a spare on top of my one so on the off chance someone misses out either in store or on the online store (or can't use it for whatever reason) let me know ;)

TAAUBlaster
3rd March 2016, 07:00 PM
Wow, I didn't think TRU knew how to mark down prices like this :p

Lint
3rd March 2016, 07:03 PM
Wow, I didn't think TRU knew how to mark down prices like this :p

Ironically they arguably would have made more profit off Trypticon if they went with a reasonable retail price to begin with.

3rd March 2016, 07:13 PM
Ironically they arguably would have made more profit off Trypticon if they went with a reasonable retail price to begin with.

Makes you wonder whether the bean counters will learn from this and start pricing things competitively...

Ralph Wiggum
3rd March 2016, 07:17 PM
My guess is nope, based on their previous pattern of overpricing MPs and then reducing them on clearance.

ampoldj
3rd March 2016, 07:40 PM

mine was 9.99 i think

Jetfire in the sky
3rd March 2016, 08:24 PM

Couldn't be more true with that comment.

3rd March 2016, 08:42 PM
And out of stock online.

Ploughmans Lunch
3rd March 2016, 08:59 PM
If you missed out, I made a post in the sales section (no, not scalping).

autobreadticon
3rd March 2016, 09:22 PM
insanity, $9 postage too me

CyberiusPrime
3rd March 2016, 09:24 PM
Damnit they are out of stock, seriously!!!

jazzcomp
3rd March 2016, 09:54 PM
They are just lazy to look for the item. I also called around 4 and they said they don't have it. I still went there around 5:30 and they have 2 units.
Didn't want to take the risk. Parra is known for reserving everything

5FDP
3rd March 2016, 10:08 PM
And out of stock online.

Wow, these things sold like hot cakes. Not surprised though. I managed to snag one about 4 mins after your post so I must of had one of the last ones in my cart before it went out of stock. One less for the scalpers to get the grubby hands on :cool:

Joshy
3rd March 2016, 10:32 PM
1 left at Bankstown NSW. I grabbed a spare on top of my one so on the off chance someone misses out either in store or on the online store (or can't use it for whatever reason) let me know ;)

Anychance i can put my hand up for this? im away for work atm in the middle of nowhere.

DarkHyren
3rd March 2016, 11:03 PM
Anychance i can put my hand up for this? im away for work atm in the middle of nowhere.You're currently third in line then lol I'll get back to you.

I think everyone and their dog has bought Trypticon today, I swear Toys R Us probably moved more in this one day then in the whole what, six months, they had him at scalper pricing?

Joshy
3rd March 2016, 11:47 PM
You're currently third in line then lol I'll get back to you.

I think everyone and their dog has bought Trypticon today, I swear Toys R Us probably moved more in this one day then in the whole what, six months, they had him at scalper pricing?

Thanks, Yeah looks that way.

4th March 2016, 12:05 AM
There might still be some in-store, as the online orders are taken from their warehouse(s) and not floor stock.

jazzcomp
4th March 2016, 01:09 AM
Still got one in my cart :D The website is asking me to remove the item from my cart due to stock levels when trying to checkout and pay :p

Pig's_A_King
4th March 2016, 03:00 AM
I tried 4 times online.... Not in your area... Not in your area.... Stock level 0... Blab blah blah.... Out of stock... But one in cart... And I was in TRU at the time... Anyone got a spare? Willing to pay a little extra but not scalper prices

valkyrie_76
4th March 2016, 07:37 AM
If someone in Perth has a spare one or if they see one can they grab it please as its for someone.

Meister
4th March 2016, 09:55 AM
One left at Shellharbour store at 9:30am this morning, had a display at the entrance

drifand
4th March 2016, 10:10 AM
I called Cannington store (WA) and she said they had none left, people have been calling all day and putting them on hold.

So I ordered online and shipping was $10. Probably would've spent that much on petrol getting there anyway (she needs premium duude! Premium!!)

Some prick on gumtree tried to low ball me $30 because of petrol for 15km.
That's was a bit excessive considering the price of petrol today.

drifand
4th March 2016, 10:11 AM
If someone in Perth has a spare one or if they see one can they grab it please as its for someone.

Did you try Morley as they had heaps last time I visited.

jazzcomp
4th March 2016, 10:42 AM
Some prick on gumtree tried to low ball me $30 because of petrol for 15km.
That's was a bit excessive considering the price of petrol today.
Better sell it to valk then :)

jazzcomp
4th March 2016, 10:45 AM
Still got one in my cart :D The website is asking me to remove the item from my cart due to stock levels when trying to checkout and pay :p
Refreshed the cart today and it's empty. I logged in and it's still there. Wonder what will happen if I paid for it???:confused:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/complicated8/TF_stuff/Cart_TRU.png

M-bot
4th March 2016, 11:25 AM
All gone at Fountain Gate TRU (Victoria). 5 went yesterday, 3 of those online.

snaketales
4th March 2016, 11:28 AM
Did you try Morley as they had heaps last time I visited.

I had a look last night and there were none on the Transformers shelves.

DarkHyren
4th March 2016, 12:27 PM
Well at least one person on Transformers collector club Australia Facebook page has had their online order cancelled and refunded due to toys r us over selling, so good luck to all those that made online orders :(

Gutsman Heavy
4th March 2016, 12:29 PM
welp, mine was cancelled :/

5FDP
4th March 2016, 12:39 PM
Well at least one person on Transformers collector club Australia Facebook page has had their online order cancelled and refunded due to toys r us over selling, so good luck to all those that made online orders :(

welp, mine was cancelled :/

Seriously??! :mad: I ordered around 7 o'clock last night so my order will be cancelled for sure. I don't have an email yet though...

Borgeman
4th March 2016, 12:39 PM
If your order was cancelled, might be worth posting what time you made your order, interesting to see when these cancelled orders were made

Ralph Wiggum
4th March 2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah I'm not really surprised this has happened. My order was done at around 3pm WST so we'll see.

Not the end of the world if I lose my order, I'll just use the money for some MPs :D

Gutsman Heavy
4th March 2016, 12:56 PM
If your order was cancelled, might be worth posting what time you made your order, interesting to see when these cancelled orders were made

About 4pm sa time

DarkHyren
4th March 2016, 01:12 PM
The guy on Facebook said he placed his order 3pm Sydney time if that helps anyone, but who knows how they're prioritizing it.

drifand
4th March 2016, 01:17 PM
I was wondering what to do with it when the Titans version comes out

Raider
4th March 2016, 01:40 PM
I placed my order at 4:13pm and just received dispatch notification.

BigTransformerTrev
4th March 2016, 01:43 PM
Apparently a few of the online orders for Trypticon are being cancelled :eek:

I haven't received a cancellation email but nor have I received a shipping email (many others have received either one or the other) so fingers crossed they don't f' me over like their USA division a few years ago :rolleyes:

jazzcomp
4th March 2016, 01:55 PM
And this is why I drove to pick up mine instead of online order.

drifand
4th March 2016, 01:57 PM

Always best to get it live if possible.

MayzaPrime
4th March 2016, 01:59 PM
Apparently a few of the online orders for Trypticon are being cancelled :eek:

I haven't received a cancellation email but nor have I received a shipping email (many others have received either one or the other) so fingers crossed they don't f' me over like their USA division a few years ago :rolleyes:

Well, I have been charged so I hope they don't cancel, cause I haven't received either email as well.

Raider
4th March 2016, 02:02 PM
Well, I have been charged so I hope they don't cancel, cause I haven't received either email as well.

The pic floating around FB of the guys who was cancelled showed that he was charged already too and that it would take 3-5 days, if i recall correctly, for the refund to occur.

Fingers crossed there are only very limited cancellations.

MayzaPrime
4th March 2016, 02:06 PM
The pic floating around FB of the guys who was cancelled showed that he was charged already too and that it would take 3-5 days, if i recall correctly, for the refund to occur.

Fingers crossed there are only very limited cancellations.

If it does happen, I won't be too concerned as I already have one MSIB and I was buying a 2nd one to open and play with :p:D

UltraMarginal
4th March 2016, 02:37 PM
mines been cancelled too, I ordered around 4 or 5 yesterday afternoon .

BigTransformerTrev
4th March 2016, 02:41 PM

Always best to get it live if possible.

I live 5 hours from the nearest TRU - wasn't really an option for me

CoRDS
4th March 2016, 02:42 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf
mine just got cancelled.
damn

MayzaPrime
4th March 2016, 02:56 PM
Mine got cannned as well... :confused:

BigTransformerTrev
4th March 2016, 03:02 PM
mines been cancelled too, I ordered around 4 or 5 yesterday afternoon .

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf
mine just got cancelled.
damn

Mine got cannned as well... :confused:

And mine!

Well, my now my hate-grudge against TRU in the USA has progressed to our shores as well.

Go f*** yourself TRU :mad:

5FDP
4th March 2016, 03:04 PM
F*ck TRU :mad: They either try and screw you with their scalper pricing or screw you with advertising out of stock items :mad: How bloody hard is it to have an up-to-date inventory for their online store. Sh!t, we're in the year 2016, this kinda crap shouldn't happen!!

I'm sending my dollars OS from now on.

Jetfire in the sky
4th March 2016, 03:08 PM
Mine got cancelled, I ordered at 7:30 ish QLD time last night as soon as I saw this thread, they took my payment but I received cancel notice today, I went into my store this arvo and it looks like they haven't had him for a while, no gap/tag on the shelf, we are also out of MP-10's! Anyway, that makes me glad I didn't drive in last night.
Bummed about missing out, but that's the way she goes. :(

snaketales
4th March 2016, 03:09 PM
My order has been binned too.

:(:mad:

I paid via paypal but the funds came from our savings account - which account gets the refund?

Ralph Wiggum
4th March 2016, 03:10 PM
Aaaand mine got cancelled.

TRU are clearly guilty of bait advertising which is unlawful.

https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection/bait-advertising

TRU at the very least needed to restrict one per customer and have a "no holds" policy. First come first served, and if you can't make it in the store then bad luck. Harsh but fair.

5FDP
4th March 2016, 03:14 PM
Aaaand mine got cancelled.

TRU are clearly guilty of bait advertising which is unlawful.

https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection/bait-advertising

TRU at the very least needed to restrict one per customer and have a "no holds" policy. First come first served, and if you can't make it in the store then bad luck. Harsh but fair.

Having had some experience in this area, they absolutely ARE guilty of bait advertising!

CoRDS
4th March 2016, 03:15 PM
ok so lets start a campaign with the ACCC against toysRus's bait and switch advertising . anyone got any media contacts?

snaketales
4th March 2016, 03:17 PM

Best AND worst news of 2016???

Megatran
4th March 2016, 03:36 PM
Total stock when first released was 300 units (150 cartons).

Not suprised about these cancellations.

Raider
4th March 2016, 03:57 PM
Yeah good luck on getting them on bait advertising. It just won't happen. ACCC will not get off their back side and investigate and even in the unlikely event they did, it would come down to the word 'reasonable'. Any half decent lawyer will cover their back side on this.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that it is not bait advertising. I am saying that they can probably establish at law that it is not.

4th March 2016, 04:07 PM
Yep, got cancelled as well! :mad:

Feckin' TRU!

Demonac
4th March 2016, 04:09 PM
I don't think it would classify as bait advertising.
It wasn't really 'advertised', just on clearance. Or am I missing something?

Ralph Wiggum
4th March 2016, 04:34 PM
I don't think it would classify as bait advertising.
It wasn't really 'advertised', just on clearance. Or am I missing something?

That was my thought too just after I posted it. Clearance of an item could mean the difference as it was about liquidating stock, not maintaining it.

UltraMarginal
4th March 2016, 04:49 PM
either way it's fairly inappropriate to not have control of stock levels, even if everything is warehoused at stores, there's still a large number of people getting cancelled, I can't imagine it would be hard to stop orders happening past the number of stock spread over their entire network. then at least only a few people would be missing out because their item was purchased off the shelf before it could be gathered by staff.

between here and FB, I'd have to count at least 20 or 30 people missing out so far.

Demonac
4th March 2016, 04:54 PM
either way it's fairly inappropriate to not have control of stock levels, even if everything is warehoused at stores, there's still a large number of people getting cancelled, I can't imagine it would be hard to stop orders happening past the number of stock spread over their entire network. then at least only a few people would be missing out because their item was purchased off the shelf before it could be gathered by staff.

between here and FB, I'd have to count at least 20 or 30 people missing out so far.

They can't even sort out case assortments, leaving you to buy 'random' figures...all the way up to leader class. What makes you think they can track stock in real time? :P

DarkHyren
4th March 2016, 05:09 PM
Well I just hope two things. That toys r us takes this as indication that they can make sales when they aren't heavily inflating the prices, and that the majority of sales went to actual fans and collectors rather then resellers and scalpers

BigTransformerTrev
4th March 2016, 05:16 PM
Well I just hope two things. That toys r us takes this as indication that they can make sales when they aren't heavily inflating the prices, and that the majority of sales went to actual fans and collectors rather then resellers and scalpers

Some scalper ones have already shown up on eBay. One guy in Perth advertising one for $190 - nearly 3 times what he would have paid :eek::mad:

DarkHyren
4th March 2016, 05:27 PM
Some scalper ones have already shown up on eBay. One guy in Perth advertising one for $190 - nearly 3 times what he would have paid :eek::mad:Well it could be worse, it's still 50% less then the original toys r us price of 400 :p

Wormz
4th March 2016, 05:36 PM
After a long anxious wait i just received a dispatch order.. took a while.. i was starting to panic.. I placed my order shortly after i originally put the post up but i was definitely starting to worry

Paulbot
4th March 2016, 05:54 PM
This story went from one of triumph to one of despair!

Some scalper ones have already shown up on eBay. One guy in Perth advertising one for $190 - nearly 3 times what he would have paid :eek::mad:

While that's likely, I paid more than $190 for mine and if I sold mine I would try to get that money back.

BigTransformerTrev
4th March 2016, 05:56 PM
While that's likely, I paid more than $190 for mine and if I sold mine I would try to get that money back.

This was a brand new listing as of today - don't think it's someone selling their old one

Paulbot
4th March 2016, 06:18 PM
This was a brand new listing as of today - don't think it's someone selling their old one

Very likely then.

I just fear being called a scalper down the track! ;)

UltraMarginal
4th March 2016, 07:07 PM

pm the seller and offer $70. see what they say. :D

Sharky
4th March 2016, 07:14 PM
I wonder how long before we see Superion reduced...

DaptoDog
4th March 2016, 07:26 PM
That is really lousy news for everyone that got their orders cancelled. These retailers who aren't pure play online just have terrible stock tracking.

yoshi594
4th March 2016, 07:34 PM

i haven't seen superion at my local toys r us...maybe he already sold out?

4th March 2016, 07:46 PM

If it does get reduced, get in quick before your order gets cancelled!

JuzMel
4th March 2016, 08:19 PM
Guys, I'm looking for a $70 Trypticon, if you managed to nab one extra, please let me know. Thanks heaps.

DarkHyren
4th March 2016, 08:26 PM
i haven't seen superion at my local toys r us...maybe he already sold out?Nah, plenty of them shelf warming at one of my locals, I dont think many are willing to pay $300 for a set that you can get online for half that (or even less then that if you go the Hasbro version)

yoshi594
4th March 2016, 08:29 PM
Nah, plenty of them shelf warming at one of my locals, I dont think many are willing to pay $300 for a set that you can get online for half that (or even less then that if you go the Hasbro version)

ah k. it seems like a storm hit cannington toys r us as they only had g2 bumblebee and the AOE dinobot pack. No other masterpieces or import toys to be seen (on the ground level, not sure about the ones high in the sky).

BigTransformerTrev
4th March 2016, 08:36 PM
Guys, I'm looking for a $70 Trypticon, if you managed to nab one extra, please let me know. Thanks heaps.

Good luck with that. There are dozens of us that missed out so lots of active hunters :(

Hope you luck out though - I don't begrudge anyone getting one

5FDP
4th March 2016, 08:39 PM
Can I ask - for those that have had their orders cancelled, did you pay by Paypal or Credit Card? Just wondering because I used the later and haven't received either a cancellation or shipping confirmation. Just wondering if this has made any difference.

4th March 2016, 08:54 PM
I paid by paypal and got the cancellation notice at about half past midday and nearly three hours later got an email from paypal notifying me of the refund.

BigTransformerTrev
4th March 2016, 09:11 PM
I paid by paypal and got the cancellation notice at about half past midday and nearly three hours later got an email from paypal notifying me of the refund.

Same

Ploughmans Lunch
4th March 2016, 10:32 PM
Ordered @ 6:08pm on the 3rd but haven't received a refund notice so idkwtf.

Civic Bossman
5th March 2016, 01:29 AM
I laybyed one last week at the "special" $199 or $299. Looks like I need to head down there and cancel and rebuy him.

ampoldj
5th March 2016, 03:36 AM
Ordered @ 6:08pm on the 3rd but haven't received a refund notice so idkwtf.

Mine was 3:03pm and just confirmed cancelled and getting refunded...crap

DaptoDog
5th March 2016, 08:29 AM
So I guess this qualifies as both the best and worst news of 2016 since some managed to get him for that price.

Sharky
5th March 2016, 08:31 AM

Atleast 10 sitting on the shelf at Ctown

Borgeman
5th March 2016, 09:25 AM
From the TCCA fb page:

"Hey all, was talking to a manager at toys r us, in regards to trypticon, the sale was somehow a mistake, each otem is worth more than the 70 you all paid for him, each store actually lost money on each sale, an email was sent out friday morning around 11am saying to remove stock from the shelves and that new tickeys would need to be printed up for something in the vacinity of $169-$189, she said that someone higher up has messed up, all online orders are backed up because they simply didnt have the stock.
This happened to me once with boutbon and coke from dan Murphys online, they cancelled the whole order stating that, while purchasing instore if the label.is incorrect, you get to pay that price, online however, these terms do not count and we can change and cancel orders as we need to.
Good luck all, to those who got one or 10...well done."

Sinnertwin
5th March 2016, 09:26 AM
curious to see if theyre scanning at the correct price now. Apparently the $70 was a pricing mistake & should have been rectified by now

BigTransformerTrev
5th March 2016, 11:04 AM
curious to see if theyre scanning at the correct price now. Apparently the $70 was a pricing mistake & should have been rectified by now

From the TCCA fb page:

"Hey all, was talking to a manager at toys r us, in regards to trypticon, the sale was somehow a mistake, each otem is worth more than the 70 you all paid for him, each store actually lost money on each sale, an email was sent out friday morning around 11am saying to remove stock from the shelves and that new tickeys would need to be printed up for something in the vacinity of $169-$189, she said that someone higher up has messed up, all online orders are backed up because they simply didnt have the stock.
This happened to me once with boutbon and coke from dan Murphys online, they cancelled the whole order stating that, while purchasing instore if the label.is incorrect, you get to pay that price, online however, these terms do not count and we can change and cancel orders as we need to.
Good luck all, to those who got one or 10...well done."

It will be interesting to see if there are any on the shelves at the larger price. I've a Melb mate having a probably futile look for me today. If he finds any I think it means that TRU broke their contract with online shoppers as they DID still have ones in stock but chose not to fulfil orders due to accidentally setting the price too low.

DarkHyren
5th March 2016, 11:27 AM
From the TCCA fb page:

"Hey all, was talking to a manager at toys r us, in regards to trypticon, the sale was somehow a mistake, each otem is worth more than the 70 you all paid for him, each store actually lost money on each sale ~snip~HAHAHAHAHA, yeah right mr manager.
Lets face it, what's probably happened is that they got flooded with orders and someone's said "oh, this must be popular again, well if they'll pay $70 they'll pay $170" and they are using the whole "pricing error" shtick as an excuse to cancel all the orders they can.
As for the brick and mortars, they weren't at a loss, they might have gone as low as braking even, but do they expect us to believe that they paid more then $70 per unit when the online stores sold them at $200 and made a profit?
That somehow the online stores paid less per unit then Toys R Us did?
Yeah, I don't think so Tim :rolleyes:

BigTransformerTrev
5th March 2016, 11:36 AM
I don't think so Tim :rolleyes:

Ha! A Home Improvement reference - years since I heard one of those :D

Hidy-Ho good neighbour :D

Jetfire in the sky
5th March 2016, 12:44 PM
Ha! A Home Improvement reference - years since I heard one of those :D

Hidy-Ho good neighbour :D

ehhherrrrr (Tim's confused sound he makes)

Easy to say hard to spell, love that show. :p

Ploughmans Lunch
5th March 2016, 02:05 PM
Those who had their orders cancelled- did you buy more than one at a time?

DarkHyren
5th March 2016, 02:46 PM
Online orders cancelled due to finite stock, yet this guy was able to go in today and they magically found one out the back. Good luck for him but I suspect there will be more and more cases of these being moved out back rather then head office honoring all the online sales they made

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1573011742988972

UltraMarginal
5th March 2016, 02:59 PM
Can I ask - for those that have had their orders cancelled, did you pay by Paypal or Credit Card? Just wondering because I used the later and haven't received either a cancellation or shipping confirmation. Just wondering if this has made any difference.

I bought a single one with credit card. around 4 pm on the day of the 'sale'

5th March 2016, 03:06 PM

Two at a bit before 4.30.

Online orders cancelled due to finite stock, yet this guy was able to go in today and they magically found one out the back. Good luck for him but I suspect there will be more and more cases of these being moved out back rather then head office honoring all the online sales they made

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1573011742988972

From what I understand, online orders are sourced from warehouse stock which is independent of store stock, so it wouldn't surprise me if they canned the online orders and divvy that stock out to stores, because it would look mighty suspicious, if in a couple weeks time, the listing for Trypticon suddenly comes back online at an inflated price.

jazzcomp
5th March 2016, 04:31 PM
What price is it? Still $70? Tempted to go but it's 100km ddrive total.

DarkHyren
5th March 2016, 04:38 PM
What price is it? Still $70? Tempted to go but it's 100km ddrive total.This was in reference to the Unite Warriors Superion set I believe otherwise I'd be down there buying all 10 for you guys :p

rhynox
5th March 2016, 05:43 PM
Went to Ctown this morning and nothing on the shelves, asked front counter and computer said none left, older lady chimed in that some guy went in friday and bought the lot at once and she was not happy about there being nothing she could do about it.
She did say it was a pricing error and it had already been fixed up...

BruiseLee
5th March 2016, 05:48 PM
^ wonder if this is our fist pumping Devy scalper as he's from Ctown right?

ILikeSoundwave
5th March 2016, 06:15 PM
There was one left at Ctown Thursday evening after I bought one.

Ralph Wiggum
5th March 2016, 06:51 PM
Those scumbags who purchase multiple items for the express purpose of scalping ought to get a certain black/purple dinosaur shoved up their ass...and then said dinosaur's walking mode should be turned on :mad:

I wonder if this whole "oh noes it was a pricing error" memo is just damage control to try and cover their asses. Consumer law does not necessarily obligate a company to honour their customers' purchases if the pricing code was in error. This could be the route TRU are taking. If they simply didn't account for the large influx of customer sales, then that's a different matter. Unfortunately it's hard to prove. What's sad is that TRU is counting on most people to just whinge, complain and move on, rather than following up with something like consumer affairs. Sadly I'm probably one of those people.

Jetfire in the sky
5th March 2016, 08:32 PM
Those scumbags who purchase multiple items for the express purpose of scalping ought to get a certain black/purple dinosaur shoved up their ass...and then said dinosaur's walking mode should be turned on :mad:

I love the anger that this type of behaviour gives us collectors, like the pic of that knob with all the Devvies mid last year, we live in a "free market" capitalist society, while these types of people piss me off to no end as well the only real way we could stop them is if we lived in a truly communist society which at this stage has not existed, the closest would be a big hippie commune but as far as I know they aren't into TF's ;)

DarkHyren
5th March 2016, 09:59 PM
TRU insider here.

Yes the price was meant to be $199.98 .. but magically it scanned up at $69.98 on Thursday morning.. we thought they were just clearing them out by at 11am on Friday we were told it was a mistake.. too late anyway as 90% of the company's inventory had sold through anyway.

who ever got one was just lucky to get it at that price. by the time it was time for us to process our online orders, we had sold out of the stock - hence all the refunds.forgive me if I don't believe what head office is saying to you guys and it's a pretty big error for them not to fix right away.
I know websites and if the price shouldn't have been $70 there is no reason the page couldn't have been disabled in the first 5 mins after the "error" was found out.
And a $400 product being 80% instead of 50% off is a pretty big "error" to just ignore all day.

I love the anger that this type of behaviour gives us collectors, like the pic of that knob with all the Devvies mid last year, we live in a "free market" capitalist society, while these types of people piss me off to no end as well the only real way we could stop them is if we lived in a truly communist society which at this stage has not existed, the closest would be a big hippie commune but as far as I know they aren't into TF's ;)oh it may not be illegal but it's most certainly immoral, I don't know why we shouldn't be peeved at scumbags like that who are just greedy little jerks trying to make a profit at someone else's expense. Put in an honest days work like everyone else I say.

DarkHyren
5th March 2016, 10:09 PM
Went to Ctown this morning and nothing on the shelves, asked front counter and computer said none left, older lady chimed in that some guy went in friday and bought the lot at once and she was not happy about there being nothing she could do about it.
She did say it was a pricing error and it had already been fixed up...if it truly was a pricing error she could have refused sale on that grounds alone. Even if it wasn't stores have the right to refuse to sell to someone.
there was plenty she could have done if she cared, but they don't care where the money comes from so long as they get it.
I'm not mad for me as I already had my own Trypticon months ago and secured two more on Thursday (spare for me and one to offer up at cost to other fans, which is being picked up Monday, sorry guys) I'm mad for the people here that missed out on owning a piece of transformers history for a smashing good price.

Anyway I'll shut up about this matter now and wash my hands of it, just goes further to proving I made the right choice to ditch brick and mortars wherever possible in favour of online retail (I still count a physical stores online store as part of the brick n mortar package)

5FDP
5th March 2016, 11:20 PM
Still haven't received a shipping or cancellation notice. Logged into the TRU website last night and while one screen says 'order received', when I click on 'track order' it states that it was picked up by Fastway Couriers (Campbelltown) and is in transit :confused: I guess I'll find out on Monday.

Just tried to check tonight on their website and it's all messed up. Not sure if they're undergoing maintenance. Probably someone from Anonymous was pi$$ed they weren't getting their Trypticon so they took them down.

Jetfire in the sky
5th March 2016, 11:52 PM
oh it may not be illegal but it's most certainly immoral, I don't know why we shouldn't be peeved at scumbags like that who are just greedy little jerks trying to make a profit at someone else's expense. Put in an honest days work like everyone else I say.

Couldn't agree with you more on that one.

BigTransformerTrev
6th March 2016, 08:15 AM
I love the anger that this type of behaviour gives us collectors, like the pic of that knob with all the Devvies mid last year, we live in a "free market" capitalist society, while these types of people piss me off to no end as well the only real way we could stop them is if we lived in a truly communist society which at this stage has not existed, the closest would be a big hippie commune but as far as I know they aren't into TF's ;)

I used to wear my TF boxers to Confest, until it came time to nude-up anyway :p

5FDP
7th March 2016, 09:19 AM
Well, my $70 Trypticon turned up today :eek: If it weren't for the pricing error, I'd be pissed that they taped the shipping bag to the actual box.

jazzcomp
7th March 2016, 10:08 AM
Well, my $70 Trypticon turned up today :eek: If it weren't for the pricing error, I'd be pissed that they taped the shipping bag to the actual box.
Lucky! ???

Ploughmans Lunch
7th March 2016, 10:19 AM
Mine is still pending @ warehouse, no cancellation yet.

ampoldj
7th March 2016, 10:21 AM
i cant believe what TRU did... i beleive this is no error since they are also clearing a Kitchen Toy Set at 250 to 50aud so Trypticon makes sense being cleared at that price yet they noticed how people are taking all their stocks that they have to rethink their pricing

Ploughmans Lunch
7th March 2016, 10:29 AM
If they'd price things reasonably then maybe just maybe they'd not have to do shit like this? thx tru.

llamatron
7th March 2016, 11:32 AM
If it was a legit clearance price then the goal is to get rid of all the stock... So yeah, probably was a pricing error.

laproblematique
7th March 2016, 11:44 AM
i cant believe what TRU did... i beleive this is no error since they are also clearing a Kitchen Toy Set at 250 to 50aud so Trypticon makes sense being cleared at that price yet they noticed how people are taking all their stocks that they have to rethink their pricing

Compared to U.S sales pricing, I can't see how it wasn't a pricing error to be honest.

tangy
7th March 2016, 12:25 PM
shout out to DarkHyren for helping a brother out with Trypticon - good vibes coming your way mate :D

spiderken17
7th March 2016, 09:26 PM
good vibes coming your way mate :D

I think there is an ointment for that :D

Civic Bossman
8th March 2016, 12:20 AM
Went back to TRU Cannington to see if I could reprice my layby from last week. Lucky for me the $69.98 tag was still on the shelf as the register tried to charge $198.98, and they had to honour it :)

devilg11
8th March 2016, 10:24 AM
I put an order around 11am on the day even before this post came up.

My order got cancelled. The excuse was they were out of stock.However, they could not explain why someone ordered at 4pm could get his order fulfilled but I could not.

What a joke TRU! I can not think out a reason why their sales is not keeping going down hill.

Ralph Wiggum
8th March 2016, 10:53 AM
The biggest tell is if TRU gets anymore stock in. By all accounts the clearance sale managed to move every bit of stock in their stores and warehouse in Australia. If they get so much as a box back on sale, they are obliged to sell it at the $70 price and not a cent higher.

BruiseLee
8th March 2016, 11:04 AM
I put an order around 11am on the day even before this post came up.

My order got cancelled. The excuse was they were out of stock.However, they could not explain why someone ordered at 4pm could get his order fulfilled but I could not.

What a joke TRU! I can not think out a reason why their sales is not keeping going down hill.

From what I understand its unfortunately not by who orders first but rather by which store your online order is placed with and how efficient they are in filling that order. For those who ordered online, there was quite a varied postage cost which would be due to which store the order is being filled by.

Getting the order in is one thing but having it fulfilled is another as the stock in each store is limited so online orders have to be filled from what's on the shelf and in the back which means if your order went into store with 5 units and before someone is able to get around to fulfilling the order (physically taking the item off the shelf/back) those 5 units are either sold in store then the online order can't be finalised from that store hence the out of stock email. :(

llamatron
8th March 2016, 12:23 PM
Nah I like the armchair expert conspiracy theories better.

Seraphim Prime
8th March 2016, 01:18 PM
The biggest tell is if TRU gets anymore stock in. By all accounts the clearance sale managed to move every bit of stock in their stores and warehouse in Australia. If they get so much as a box back on sale, they are obliged to sell it at the $70 price and not a cent higher.

No they are not.

In the case of a price error, the seller is not obligated to automatically honour the incorrect price. (Although there may be occasions where the seller chooses to.)

By all accounts TRU have done exactly what they are required, which is remove the item from sale until the price is corrected.

If standard retail toy markups are applied, the cost price for Trypticon would have been somewhere near $200. Even accounting for a typical Toys R Us markup, they would be losing money for every unit sold at $70.

Ploughmans Lunch
8th March 2016, 02:54 PM
Nah I like the armchair expert conspiracy theories better.

This!

I got shipping notification today so I'm guessing Lint will be thrilled.

We all miss out, let it go~

Ralph Wiggum
8th March 2016, 03:03 PM
No they are not.

In the case of a price error, the seller is not obligated to automatically honour the incorrect price. (Although there may be occasions where the seller chooses to.)

By all accounts TRU have done exactly what they are required, which is remove the item from sale until the price is corrected.

If standard retail toy markups are applied, the cost price for Trypticon would have been somewhere near $200. Even accounting for a typical Toys R Us markup, they would be losing money for every unit sold at $70.

Where is the information regarding a pricing error, other than internet forums? That may be the case, however all customer orders were cancelled, and I quote directly from the email, because "As we are unable to locate stock of the above in our warehouses we will need to cancel the above item from your order."
Nor is there any price correction announcement under "catalogue notices" on the TRU website. As far as the consumer is rightly concerned, their order was cancelled on the basis of inability to meet order numbers. This is evidenced fact.

If TRU had cancelled their orders because of a pricing error, which they have every right to do so, then that would have been fine. I would've accepted that and moved on. However this did not happen in their correspondence to customers.

The whole point of my original post was wondering to see if TRU end up getting more Trypticon stock in, and selling at the increased price. Because if they did so, then that would be a breach of consumer law. If they've stopped selling Trypticon because it's a clearance sale, then it ends at that.

Truth be told I'm not that bothered on missing out. But it sucks when these big companies keep on screwing the little guy and count on people just letting things go because they're afraid to speak up.

devilg11
9th March 2016, 10:17 AM
From what I understand its unfortunately not by who orders first but rather by which store your online order is placed with and how efficient they are in filling that order. For those who ordered online, there was quite a varied postage cost which would be due to which store the order is being filled by.

Getting the order in is one thing but having it fulfilled is another as the stock in each store is limited so online orders have to be filled from what's on the shelf and in the back which means if your order went into store with 5 units and before someone is able to get around to fulfilling the order (physically taking the item off the shelf/back) those 5 units are either sold in store then the online order can't be finalised from that store hence the out of stock email. :(

Thanks for your explanation. Does this mean when we order online, we are actually placing order on 1 single store other than to the whole company? If this is the case, Toysrus must hold the most ridiculous online shop I have ever heard.

Ralph Wiggum
9th March 2016, 11:23 AM
The only advantage I can think of with such a system is that it keeps postage costs to a minimum, because they are posting locally. I was quoted $10 postage for Trypticon which would have been a lot higher from Eastern States given the size of the box.

But the lack of an up-to-date inventory count just leads to gross over demand and a lot of unfulfilled/cancelled orders.

Wormz
9th March 2016, 12:03 PM

At least came in a bag.. Mine just arrived in a box that is 3 times bigger than trip himself with no padding.. Luckily he a toughass decepticon and didn't cop any damage bouncing around in the big empty delivery box..

5FDP
9th March 2016, 12:11 PM
At least came in a bag.. Mine just arrived in a box that is 3 times bigger than trip himself with no padding.. Luckily he a toughass decepticon and didn't cop any damage bouncing around in the big empty delivery box..

Let me clarify, it was one of those express post type plastic bags i.e. non-padded. Trypticon didn't fit completely inside the bag so they taped the end of the bag over and onto the box so the only way to remove it was to rip off the packing tape taking some of the box with it. It also removed the tape holding the box closed so now it's only MIB (not sealed).

I'd take your oversized box with no padding any day of the week ;)

Wormz
9th March 2016, 01:23 PM
Let me clarify, it was one of those express post type plastic bags i.e. non-padded. Trypticon didn't fit completely inside the bag so they taped the end of the bag over and onto the box so the only way to remove it was to rip off the packing tape taking some of the box with it. It also removed the tape holding the box closed so now it's only MIB (not sealed).

I'd take your oversized box with no padding any day of the week ;)

Ooo thats rough.. I apologize.. Kinda feel like a dick now

5FDP
9th March 2016, 01:30 PM
Ooo thats rough.. I apologize.. Kinda feel like a dick now

No apology required :)

Megatran
9th March 2016, 02:28 PM
Looks like they took a feather out of Amazon's cap.

5FDP
9th March 2016, 03:00 PM

Hmmm... that does sound familiar. Was it you or someone else that had that happen to them with Amazon?

Megatran
9th March 2016, 05:04 PM
^ Someone else (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=373906&postcount=11). :D:o

Lint
9th March 2016, 07:30 PM
^ Someone else (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=373906&postcount=11). :D:o

Wahey! I had the pleasure of finally disposing of that box last month.

That reminds me, I think I may actually have some amazon credit to spend from that snafu.

5FDP
9th March 2016, 07:32 PM

I cringe every time I see that picture.

Lint
9th March 2016, 07:34 PM

Oh comon my photography ain't THAT bad :p

Jetfire in the sky
9th March 2016, 09:17 PM
Thanks for your explanation. Does this mean when we order online, we are actually placing order on 1 single store other than to the whole company? If this is the case, Toysrus must hold the most ridiculous online shop I have ever heard.

Close, but I know of one more ridiculous ;):p

EDIT: Possibly being too much of a di#k with original post and link.

griffin
9th March 2016, 10:35 PM

The same thing happened with Masterpiece Soundwave, after too many people ordered one online than their nearest stores had in stock (I think the website was showing a national inventory, but would only fulfil orders that stores in your area could handle... if the stock wasn't missing).

We got a really good price here for Soundwave (which is very rare for us), and everyone was trying to order it on their website (it was one of the first collector items they sold online)... but since there is no central warehouse for their stock (the orders are charged first and then sent to the nearest store to you that "should" still have stock). People were kept waiting for days without answers, because their nearest stores either didn't have any left, or were missing... so the order then gets bounced to the next nearest store, up to a certain distance (probably just within your state).
As such, some stores can still be seen by members here to have stock, but you might get an out of stock notice due to it no longer being in stock in the stores in your (cheap postal) area.

It's awesome if you were lucky to get one, but if you missed out, error or not, in the end it's just a plastic toy in a fancy box. It might really suck if you missed out or thought you got one (I've been collecting long enough to have experienced it myself a few times), but life goes on and there's nothing we can do to change it.
:)

Mythirax
9th March 2016, 10:51 PM
I ordered a single one online shortly after this post went up. It came in the mail in a giant box today, a stupid amount of bubble wrap and giant air pockets. The box is pretty much perfect. I'm really shocked at how they did this for toysrus. Usually I get something trashed to no end.

SuspectimusPrime
10th March 2016, 10:09 AM
The same thing happened with Masterpiece Soundwave, after too many people ordered one online than their nearest stores had in stock (I think the website was showing a national inventory, but would only fulfil orders that stores in your area could handle... if the stock wasn't missing).
:)

I think a lot of established retailers are using older systems that are only updated to HQ at the end of the day, and the website will be drawing data from it. This was the case when I was working as a casual during uni - sales data was not sent until 30 mins after COB. I've noticed BP does this as well, however at midnight because they're 24/7 (sorry to digress - my card got double changed when I bought petrol within 10mins of midnight and their team explains that it was something to do with the midnight data upload). I think there is little immediate incentive to update to newer systems with live updates unless online sales becomes a substantial part of their business, or unless they get a new leadership that strongly believes in online/omnichannel as the future.

Megatran
10th March 2016, 01:42 PM
No one acts like a village idiot when its Bumblebee. :rolleyes:

Trent
10th March 2016, 02:20 PM
Loving all the tin hat wearers with their conspiracy theories on this. The assumption that someone at TRU head office was watching this sale and the stock vanishing and pulled the sale to put the price back up is gold. Thy probably think that the CEO himself was in on it :p

GoktimusPrime
10th March 2016, 10:10 PM
Loving all the tin hat wearers with their conspiracy theories on this. The assumption that someone at TRU head office was watching this sale and the stock vanishing and pulled the sale to put the price back up is gold. Thy probably think that the CEO himself was in on it :p
This assumes that TRU actually have working knowledge of their stock... :p

Trent
10th March 2016, 10:12 PM
This assumes that TRU actually have working knowledge of their stock... :p

Exactly.

BigTransformerTrev
11th March 2016, 09:01 AM

Hmmm... that does sound familiar. Was it you or someone else that had that happen to them with Amazon?

Wahey! I had the pleasure of finally disposing of that box last month.

That reminds me, I think I may actually have some amazon credit to spend from that snafu.

I was pretty shocked to find the 21 Rescuebots I ordered from Amazon each came within their own little box inside the big box. Very safe and secure. Usually anything I order gets treated like Lint's did

philby
13th March 2016, 01:49 PM
when I was at TRU in chaddy the other day I saw they still had 1 trypticon in the cabinet. I asked how much it was out of curiosity as there was no sticker and the girl scanned it and said $200. So not quite $70 but still a bit cheaper than the original price. did that 'memo' say it was supposed to come down to $170 though? what a schemozzle....