PDA

View Full Version : I nearly died

turtle boy
19th January 2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah, well riding home today from work, i guy came into an intersection and didn't give way. it was raining (still is) and he pulled right out in front of me and i had to come is a skidding halt. thats not fun on a motor bike. any who. i thought WTF and continued along behind him after he fixed up his cruddy driving and odd angle one the road.

just after the intersection theres another one and theres a stop sign there. he didn't stop. he just powered threw and slid his car out side ways hit a gutter , the car bounces off the gutter into my direction, I'm just happy that i just brought the bike new, so it has good breaks.

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2008, 05:34 PM
(O_o) did you report this driver to the police?

iceburn
19th January 2008, 05:57 PM
glad you're fine, safe and sound
yeah, what happened to the 2 drivers?

dirge
19th January 2008, 06:12 PM
Cops won't do anything Gok, except to want to charge you $ for their time taken to listen to you.

It's good to see you haver faith in the Queensland police, dude! One would hope Victoria Police would react in a more positive manner.

turtle boy - did you manage to get the guy's number plate?

Tiby
19th January 2008, 06:13 PM
Definitely report this scumbag. As a fellow rider these people need to be taught! This guy is a danger to not only bikes but cars, passengers, pedestrians and private property!

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 11:11 AM
lol thats amusing guys, turns out my sisters mates with this guy, i have steel cap boots, thats what a use when i ride, so hes going to have a nice crow bar shaped crack in his windscrean, also, no head lights.

dirge
20th January 2008, 11:26 AM
Ahh vigilante justice...

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 12:50 PM
Ahh vigilante justice...
yes, its a good thing

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2008, 02:36 PM
...or you could just report him now that you know who it is and get this guy's licence suspended or revoked. Smashing his car would inconvenience him some and put him a bit out of pocket, but once he gets it all repaired he'll be back on the streets endangering other road users. :/

I reckon you should report him. Then kick him in the janglies. ;)

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 06:34 PM
I reckon you should report him. Then kick him in the janglies. ;)

That would be a more justified way of doing things, would be less fun, but yeah, it could work.

Tiby
20th January 2008, 07:27 PM
And less likely that you'll be charged too!

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that also a bonus. not as rewarding though. :P

Borgeman
20th January 2008, 07:57 PM
i say go with the car damage - be aggressive

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 08:00 PM
Reporting him won't work. The cops won't care because nothing happened. Just your word against someone that didn't end up having anything happen. It'll be just like me reporting the D.Head on the motorbike on the freeway that just rode wherever he felt like it last monday. Traffic is at speed (100km/h) and not at all dense, he decides to just overtake me on the shoulder instead of any of the other three lanes, then later off the freeway decides to just ride in between at speed traffic again. So what would the cops do? Put me in the lockup for wasting their time.

What you want to do is confront that guy and let him know in person who you were and what he did. He'll crumple like a little weenie when confronted with a real person.

Lol I liked the Little Weenie, and the damage just makes me smile, i think i'll go with MV75 on this one.

STL
20th January 2008, 09:47 PM
Well, i'm just glad u got outta it okay

Soundwarp
20th January 2008, 10:12 PM
*Evil laugh* You know what i would do :D

benben2142
20th January 2008, 10:31 PM
Hey turtle boy, this is a different question, I went to titan’s tower a while ago and I told the owner to join Ozformer then he said he knows you I think the owners name was Luke is this true?

Is it true ????

dirge
20th January 2008, 10:38 PM
Hey turtle boy, this is a different question, I went to titan’s tower a while ago and I told the owner to join Ozformer then he said he knows you I think the owners name was Luke is this true?

benben, I think this question is best in a personal message. Aside from the fact that it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, I'm not sure that the rest of us need to be witness to the question and reply.

;)

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 10:45 PM

Is it true ????

umm dunno, where and what is titans tower. i know a few lukes

Saintly
21st January 2008, 08:44 AM
report him and kick him in the janglies

just glad that you didn't get hurt though :)

Tiby
21st January 2008, 09:53 AM
I don't see how confrontation will work - he is likely to be incesed that you would criticise his excellent driving, and then he will blame you for what happened.

The RTA and police are really pushing the safe biking message. Even if the cops do nothing about this guy now, if he gets enough reports (or the cops catch him in the act later) there is a history for him.

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2008, 10:55 AM
I agree - think about what will be more productive in the long run and for the wider community. Hopefully with enough reports from you and others, the police can mount a case against him and get him off the roads for the interest of other road users (not just bikers - I'm a driver, cyclist and pedestrian myself and I certainly wouldn't want to share the road with someone like that).

For instant gratification, kick him in the janglies. :) http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/32/100px-Garys.jpeg

TheDirtyDigger
21st January 2008, 11:13 AM
My advice would be not to report him to authorities. Don't rely on others to fight your battles. Take matters into your own hands and let the situation dangerously escalate to the point of no return.

Alternately, make friends with him, become lifelong buddies and have a torrid affair with his wife and sister.

Saintly
21st January 2008, 11:37 AM
Alternately, make friends with him, become lifelong buddies and have a torrid affair with his wife and sister.

oh i like this... backstab him :D

Bartrim
21st January 2008, 12:09 PM
That would be a more justified way of doing things, would be less fun, but yeah, it could work.

Less fun? Have you ever kicked someone in the janglies? Take a photo of their face as you do it. It's priceless:D

oh BTW good to hear your ok.:)

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2008, 12:27 PM
LOL!!!!!! :D