PDA

View Full Version : MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition

Tober
6th April 2016, 03:32 PM
From TFW2005 (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/06/takaratomy-masterpiece-mp-14-alert-anime-color-edition-312528)

Hot off the release of MP-29 Laserwave, TakaraTomy has announced the next entry of their Masterpiece toy line, MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition. As its name suggest, this version of Masterpiece Red Alert will be paint in a color scheme much closer to the character’s on screen appearance. The most telling difference between the two versions is the off-white paint replacing the pure white seen on the original release. The silver on the rims, weapon and robot mode feet will also be replaced by that off-white color. Lastly, the accessory part used for emulating “Circuit Trouble” will be molded in a clear orange instead of clear blue.

According to the listing, this release will be priced at 8,424 yen and is schedule for released on September 24th. This item is a TakaraTomy Mall exclusive within Japan with preorders open from April 11th to May 9th, but if history is any indicator, we may see this released through Hasbro Asian and consequently through online retailers as well. If you did not get the chance to pick up Red Alert the first time around, stay tuned to this space for the latest preorder information for MP-14+.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/MP-14-Alert-Anime-02_zpsjhaeptcm.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/AUST_Tober/media/MP-14-Alert-Anime-02_zpsjhaeptcm.jpg.html)

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/MP-14-Alert-Anime-06_zpsj4fwe2hm.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/AUST_Tober/media/MP-14-Alert-Anime-06_zpsj4fwe2hm.jpg.html)

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/MP-14-Alert-Anime-09_zps4falhkuw.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/AUST_Tober/media/MP-14-Alert-Anime-09_zps4falhkuw.jpg.html)

llamatron
6th April 2016, 03:45 PM
Oh man I hope they do this for MP soundwave

DaptoDog
6th April 2016, 03:54 PM
Man, and we've still got the Deep Cover one in black yet to be released. These things are going to fill a whole Detolf lol

Ralph Wiggum
6th April 2016, 03:58 PM
I'm collecting my MP's based on characters from the cartoon but honestly the difference isn't enough to make me fork out another wad.

Whilst they're spending time and money on recolours, there's a certain black seeker which needs re-issuing *cough*

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
6th April 2016, 03:59 PM
Whilst they're spending time and money on recolours, there's a certain black seeker which needs re-issuing *cough*

They're giving the seeker mold a rest while they abuse this mold...

DaptoDog
6th April 2016, 04:04 PM
This will be a good chance for me to test out buying it direct from TakaraTomyMall since I didn't get through the whole process when I was going for the EVA Prime. This one won't sell put quickly so I can take my time doing it right.

drifand
6th April 2016, 04:06 PM
I take it as I missed this one due to late collecting

FruitBuyer
6th April 2016, 04:18 PM
TakaraTomy know how to wring every dollar out of a mold.

kurdt_the_goat
6th April 2016, 05:31 PM
This one's almost taking the piss... thankfully for myself an easy pass!

drifand
6th April 2016, 05:34 PM
Shouldn't the "colour " subject to Lamborghini approval?
Hence I think colour was never the case just like lemon yellow bee when they do release.

ampoldj
6th April 2016, 05:40 PM
Shouldn't the "colour " subject to Lamborghini approval?
Hence I think colour was never the case just like lemon yellow bee when they do release.

nice point tigertrack yellow color was chosen by Lambo

prjkt
6th April 2016, 06:35 PM
I think based on cartoon colours, and not an official Laborghini colour (red/yellow) there was no need to worry about such requirements with Alert.

I don't mind this rendition, but I'm ok with the edition I already have, matches Lambor more closely (black area around door handles, painted lights, wheel rim colour)

philby
6th April 2016, 06:49 PM
Interesting...I am missing MP Alert but not sure about this deco. Maybe I could nab an older one from someone who gets this version as a replacement :D

ZoonMaster5000
6th April 2016, 07:06 PM
I quite like the colours that red is very vibrant.

Not sure about the headlights just being painted over though, surely they could of just moulded it out?

As long as the price is consistent with the other mp releases I'll happily grab this and my mp-14 will either go back in its box or be displayed elsewhere.

Ultra Mackness
6th April 2016, 07:08 PM
My initial reaction is "you've got to be kidding, right?", and it shouldn't be. I picked up the regular Takara Streak and the special edition Bluestreak which realistically only had a different coloured bonnet. But I justified that to myself that I was getting MP versions of the JP G1 toy and the Hasbro G1 toy.

This just doesn't feel the same. It feels like Tak-Tom (or is it just Tomy now?) really are just squeezing one more in before they do MP Deep cover. And it forces a choice - can I look at a shelf of every release of this mould except this one? Given how OCD I get about things like that, I practically have to get it...but it's effectively the same character in virtually the same colours...

I normally try to stay positive about new MP releases, but this has almost exhausted my goodwill.

DarkHyren
6th April 2016, 07:14 PM
Interesting...I am missing MP Alert nut not sure about this deco. Maybe I could nab an older one from someone who gets this version as a replacement :DI was thinking the same thing, while this gives me a chance to get Alert new as I don't have him yet I'm no sold on the colour difference, slight as it might be

drifand
6th April 2016, 07:17 PM
I take any version for now as is a missing piece.
It will be price at bluestreak range.

Ralph Wiggum
6th April 2016, 07:40 PM
How much does a Red Alert go for nowadays? I could be tempted to get this one if the costs are covered by offloading my current one.

Smint
6th April 2016, 07:50 PM
I like this colour but i feel the paint apps are really rough on red alert.

DELTAprime
6th April 2016, 07:54 PM
Takara Tomy knows how to siphon money out of my account.

6th April 2016, 08:46 PM
Why did they colour the seizure spark things orange when they were blue in the 'toon?:

http://i.imgur.com/tyKZ9n3.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/NTkV3Be.jpg

6th April 2016, 08:52 PM
TF Prototype has done a few comparison shots:

http://s14.postimg.org/g58gbtqa5/xz_Rmrjgv.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/g58gbtqa5/)
http://s21.postimg.org/kqdbo9z6r/i_Mnjg_BZk.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/kqdbo9z6r/)
http://s14.postimg.org/xav3u6aml/k_PWSHRzo.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/xav3u6aml/)

philby
6th April 2016, 08:53 PM
How much does a Red Alert go for nowadays? I could be tempted to get this one if the costs are covered by offloading my current one.

Well for a while at Chimungmung it was around the 50 to 60 US range like other older MP autobot cars, then it suddenly went up to about 100 US and now isn't listed. I'm not sure what other online stores have him at the moment, I look every now and again to see if he's available but haven't noticed it for a while.

Raider
6th April 2016, 08:54 PM
Geez was this really necessary... I mean come on... I really don't want to buy this but it's not a complete collection if you are missing one, no matter how much of a clear cash grab it is... not impressed :(

ampoldj
6th April 2016, 09:27 PM
^Yeah now i hate to be a completist...atm i only skip the Bapes since they are way over reason for me. This one is gonna be a very difficult decision for me (and i was still thinking this is one of the April Fools thing) :confused:

Edit: listing now up at Takara Tomy Mall

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810875215/

...and they are serious with the "PLUS" series so this aint the last :eek:

ZoonMaster5000
6th April 2016, 10:01 PM
^

And here I was thinking the whole idea of tt masterpiece series was to be as screen accurate as possible?

DaptoDog
6th April 2016, 10:02 PM
^Yeah now i hate to be a completist...atm i only skip the Bapes since they are way over reason for me. This one is gonna be a very difficult decision for me (and i was still thinking this is one of the April Fools thing) :confused:

Edit: listing now up at Takara Tomy Mall

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810875215/

Damn I thought for a second that the pre order was already open, then realised it doesn't start til 11 April. I was too tired to try ordering it in Japanese tonight anyway.

DaptoDog
6th April 2016, 10:14 PM
And here I was thinking the whole idea of tt masterpiece series was to be as screen accurate as possible?

This one doesn't have the approval of Lamborghini it seems because the insignia is painted over. Lamborghini must not have approved of the colour. So perhaps these PLUS series one's won't be licensed releases in some cases.

Magnus
6th April 2016, 10:27 PM
This one doesn't have the approval of Lamborghini it seems because the insignia is painted over. Lamborghini must not have approved of the colour. So perhaps these PLUS series one's won't be licensed releases in some cases.

I don't know, the original Red Alert wasn't an official Lamborghini colour scheme, yet it too has Lamborghini branding because it's a licensed use of the Countach design. Even without the Lamborghini badge, I suspect this one will also have Lamborghini branding for that reason.

I'm calling it now: there will eventually be a MP-20+ screen-accurate Wheeljack, since the animation model didn't have the Alitalia livery.

6th April 2016, 10:30 PM
If you translate the TTMall page, you'll see this:

New series birth to Masterpiece brand!

The traditional popular items were closer to the anime set color "PLUS" series will start.

Ralph Wiggum
6th April 2016, 10:45 PM
Eurgh wtf have I been collecting this whole time if I've been trying to build a cartoon-accurate collection. If TT are releasing a whole new wave of toon accurate recolours, then bugger that. Notwithstanding the colour inconsistencies at times, I'm not dismissing my years of collecting and a couple of k's worth of money.

I can't help but feel a little disheartened with where this series is heading. I kinda feel sorry for the completionists. The bastard in me makes me want to pickup a 3P Jazz, Mirage and Hound, maybe a KO Skywarp. Then call it a day.

6th April 2016, 11:34 PM
I don't think they're going to re-release everyone, just the main suspects that are out of whack colour-wise like Wheeljack, Bumblebee and (possibly) a couple of the seekers.

DarkHyren
6th April 2016, 11:52 PM
I actually wouldn't mind if TT DID re-release every bot claiming "more accurate colours", it would make the molds themselves easier to come by and hopefully decrease the number of knock offs flooding the market.
I'd rather be able to have an official version of a character available out there to buy at a good price then these things being limited run buy it now or miss out forever

drifand
6th April 2016, 11:53 PM
Famous last words.

I already said they should have done this from the start and split the MPs line.
I will buy a toon accurate mp-10 if is done 100% and so is grimlock where gold is yellow.

But I think this is normal as I am not surprised if is left over white from our friend Ratchet maybe?

Civic Bossman
6th April 2016, 11:55 PM
Why not do Breakdown while they at it?

DarkHyren
7th April 2016, 12:08 AM
I'd be hoping that if TT do do MP Stunticons they give them the ability to combine, so they probably couldn't use this mold as it is, but I agree that we need more MP 'cons that aren't seekers

ZoonMaster5000
7th April 2016, 12:42 AM
I'd be hoping that if TT do do MP Stunticons they give them the ability to combine, so they probably couldn't use this mold as it is, but I agree that we need more MP 'cons that aren't seekers

That was the sole reason I bought mp-23, I don't even like it but I just felt my collection was getting completely one sided.

ampoldj
7th April 2016, 06:21 AM
I don't think they're going to re-release everyone, just the main suspects that are out of whack colour-wise like Wheeljack, Bumblebee and (possibly) a couple of the seekers.

Actually as said in their TT Mall listing the popular bots will get (may get) this PLUS treatment series so yeah may be aside from those mentioned definitely Optimus as well and hopefully Soundwave

drifand
7th April 2016, 09:59 AM
Actually as said in their TT Mall listing the popular bots will get (may get) this PLUS treatment series so yeah may be aside from those mentioned definitely Optimus as well and hopefully Soundwave

Sounds like entire line except Exhaust and road rage.
Welcome back starscream in white lol

FruitBuyer
7th April 2016, 10:22 AM
God I find this just sad but I don't know what's sadder, TT doing this or the fans that will ensure this will sell-out.

griffin
7th April 2016, 10:40 AM
What a waste, when there is still the dark blue Deepcover version to do.

FruitBuyer
7th April 2016, 12:03 PM
Then there will be the Plus Xtra line where they release versions to match all the famous animation errors.

1AZRAEL1
7th April 2016, 02:48 PM
Then there'll be a Ramjet with a fully black head limited to 500 pieces and cost 2 arms and a leg. And possibly something more personal :p

aching878
7th April 2016, 04:02 PM
Then there'll be a Ramjet with a fully black head limited to 500 pieces and cost 2 arms and a leg. And possibly something more personal :p
I initially thought so too for Ramjet but doubt it now, the face is actually quite dark but it has a really glossy metallic finish, thus any light shining on it makes it seems lighter than it is

Ralph Wiggum
7th April 2016, 04:16 PM
https://itsamaddoworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.jpg

Jenko21
7th April 2016, 05:02 PM
Yeah not something I'll be buying, I'm happy with the red alert I have... I folked out for bluestreak but I can't justify doing the same for different shades of the same colour. I just hope my OCD dosent get the better of me haha

drifand
7th April 2016, 07:27 PM
Just wait on Mp-10, MP-13 and MP-7
People will start justifying which is better etc....

What gives alarm bells here is "Anime Color Edition" in simple terms they had a discussion on which direction Mps should take.

Jetfire in the sky
7th April 2016, 07:29 PM
https://itsamaddoworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.jpg

Comedy gold :D:D

Trent
7th April 2016, 07:37 PM
Hmm.

The only reason I'd consider picking this up is because I've been toying with the idea of going complete on the Lamborghini moulds. But this seems unnecessary.

On one hand the fan rage is highly amusing, on the other hand I completely understand it because, like, WTF Takara???????

Ralph Wiggum
7th April 2016, 09:28 PM
After sleeping on it, I've worked out that my trepidation is based on the uncertainty of how Takara plans future releases, especially for new molds. Will they release anime AND toy colourings at the same time? Or will they only release one, with no hint of the other in the near future? Thus playing on collector's compulsiveness just so they can have a representation of a sought after figure.

Red Alert is an interesting figure given there are more prominent figures to try. Perhaps Takara are testing the waters first with an easy figure to see how the market goes.

7th April 2016, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they end up offering both 'toon and toy colours (although maybe not at the same time) -- it satisfies the repaint requirement and exploits completionists who must buy both!

drifand
7th April 2016, 10:11 PM
There are 5 versions

G1 Toy accurate
Anime colours
Masterpiece realistic version (what all your sideswipe red, etc.)
Diaclone
Exclusives > Eva, Bape etc...

7th April 2016, 10:15 PM
There are 5 versions

G1 Toy accurate
Anime colours
Masterpiece realistic version (what all your sideswipe red, etc.)
Diaclone
Exclusives > Eva, Bape etc...

That's a lot of money to be made!

Borgeman
7th April 2016, 10:39 PM
I just find it strange they did it on a mold where they already have plenty of other characters/colours to maximise mold usage - instead of doing it on Wheeljack first as people have mentioned.

drifand
7th April 2016, 10:43 PM
I just find it strange they did it on a mold where they already have plenty of other characters/colours to maximise mold usage - instead of doing it on Wheeljack first as people have mentioned.

+1 The white was a let down.

Ralph Wiggum
7th April 2016, 10:49 PM
So theoretically:

My collection is built around collecting G1 cartoon MPs, or the closest approximation. MP Jazz gets released in G1 toy deco only. No mention whatsoever of whether toon colour Jazz will be released if ever. So I'm either forced to buy it so that I get a MP Jazz or hope for the best for a future release.

It reminds me of Disney releasing The Force Awakens blu ray next week, but making those who want 3D wait or buy two versions.

Borgeman
7th April 2016, 11:09 PM
It reminds me of Disney releasing The Force Awakens blu ray next week, but making those who want 3D wait or buy two versions.

Except you know that a 3D release is a given, whereas this 14+ release was completely unexpected, and we are completely in the dark if any others will ever be released

drifand
7th April 2016, 11:16 PM
Oh I forgot, there is also the comic book version. hence 6 types.

7th April 2016, 11:20 PM
Oh I forgot, there is also the comic book version. hence 6 types.

Add G2 colours as well.

yoshi594
7th April 2016, 11:24 PM
have they actually done G1 Toy accurate? that used to be hasbro's job right? till they got lazy/tight (remember mp-09 and soundwaves yellow visor ;p?)

DarkHyren
7th April 2016, 11:45 PM
Add G2 colours as well.Dont forget about shattered glass!

1AZRAEL1
8th April 2016, 01:44 AM
I initially thought so too for Ramjet but doubt it now, the face is actually quite dark but it has a really glossy metallic finish, thus any light shining on it makes it seems lighter than it is

Meant they'd find a way to have the back of the head black too without hindering the colour scheme of the jet mode ;)

But great to know about the face, can't wait to get mine really

1AZRAEL1
8th April 2016, 01:45 AM
They may remold the head to make Breakdown. And then there is the G2 version of him too :p

MayzaPrime
8th April 2016, 12:19 PM
I was on the fence about getting this... But I will. The colours do look very nice, better than the original IMHO. I even have a place for him in one of my Deltofs :p

I wonder when PC will put up a preorder

drifand
8th April 2016, 04:17 PM
I was on the fence about getting this... But I will. The colours do look very nice, better than the original IMHO. I even have a place for him in one of my Deltofs :p

I wonder when PC will put up a preorder

already counting the numbers as we speak.

Penetrator
8th April 2016, 09:35 PM
So where can I order him from?

drifand
8th April 2016, 09:36 PM
So where can I order him from?

April 11th to May 9th and you will see stores open for orders.

Starscream77
8th April 2016, 10:10 PM
Meh

ampoldj
9th April 2016, 09:09 AM
PC will take pre orders next week, and im still not decided coz for sure this is gonna be 100bucks :(

Penetrator
9th April 2016, 09:58 AM
April 11th to May 9th and you will see stores open for orders.

great! since i havent got this one. :)

drifand
9th April 2016, 01:19 PM
PC will take pre orders next week, and im still not decided coz for sure this is gonna be 100bucks :(

$90-110 mark consider the shipping.

VGMStudios
9th April 2016, 01:42 PM
Wow.. he looks SO much better. Cant remember if I have this one or not! :O

yoshi594
9th April 2016, 01:43 PM
clampdown was 99.95 i think. So i presume this one will be a similar price. Still gonna get it as i'm all about screen accuracy :o

drifand
9th April 2016, 02:31 PM
The only cheaper option is our dear jetfire in the sky gets some and sell them here on the boards.

Kazza
9th April 2016, 03:03 PM

Where was this specified?

DaptoDog
9th April 2016, 03:30 PM
Where was this specified?

I saw it in the PC newsletter on seibertron.com (http://seibertron.com)

Kazza
9th April 2016, 03:32 PM
I saw it in the PC newsletter on seibertron.com (http://seibertron.com)

Cool, thanks!:)

aching878
11th April 2016, 01:33 PM
and takmall PO listing is opened 30mins ago

DaptoDog
11th April 2016, 02:34 PM
and takmall PO listing is opened 30mins ago

Sweet, I just pre-ordered it. It's free shipping to my Tenso address so will probably work out to around $120-$130 all up delivered to Australia. While this is higher than what it will sell for at PC, I wanted to use this as a test run for ordering from TakaraTomyMall. So when MP-11SW Skywarp comes out as an exclusive I'll know what I'm doing. ;)

MayzaPrime
11th April 2016, 08:38 PM
Red Alert + is live on PC

I am not sure about the + line, but $100 is an ok price to see if I want to continue with the + MP line

DaptoDog
11th April 2016, 08:40 PM
Red Alert + is live on PC

I am not sure about the + line, but $100 is an ok price to see if I want to continue with the + MP line

It's for collectors with + size wallets.

philby
11th April 2016, 11:36 PM
I think I will pass. It just looks more "plain" compared to the initial version.

Ralph Wiggum
12th April 2016, 12:04 AM
For me it's not so much the plain factor as the fact that he's really not that much different from what I've already got.

nsm034
12th April 2016, 05:02 AM
must not be as popular , still up for pre order on PC

DarkHyren
12th April 2016, 05:31 AM
After looking at both the original and this one closely I decided to order it, the colouring's grown on me, I don't have MP Red Alert, and the only cheaper originals I found (as in cheaper then PCs 99.95 MP14+) were all knock offs on evilbay so I figured meh why not

ampoldj
12th April 2016, 05:53 AM
It's for collectors with + size wallets.

I think I will pass. It just looks more "plain" compared to the initial version.

Yep and yep true. This may separate the MP audience with those who will stick to the main stream MP line or going to MP toon accurate line (well depends on which ones are they planning to do).

MP line is already just too luxurious to handle for me to add another line of toon accurate decos and wallet is all (-) atm than (+) :D

drifand
12th April 2016, 07:36 AM
Yep and yep true. This may separate the MP audience with those who will stick to the main stream MP line or going to MP toon accurate line (well depends on which ones are they planning to do).

MP line is already just too luxurious to handle for me to add another line of toon accurate decos and wallet is all (-) atm than (+) :D

I don't think it separates anything. I am buying only because I don't have red alert period. You be missing out on any MP if you were to "predict" if there is going to be an "anime" version and personally I don't think is worth waiting.

Borgeman
12th April 2016, 08:48 AM
This is the first recolour during my active collecting time that wasn't stupidly expensive that I actively don't want, because its a weak attempt at moneymaking by them. Obscure characters as recolours? At least they're different colours to make the cabinet pop more.

Having said that, I got one... I have every other newly scaled MP, if it's the only "+" release then I'll take it for completeness - I'll re-evaluate going forward if they start smashing out anime colours for virtually every mold. While it would be awesome to have 2 of each toy (1 bot mode and 1 alt mode) and them both actually being different, financially that isnt gonna work.

Ralph Wiggum
12th April 2016, 09:49 AM
New MP's are going to be looked at with an even finer scope to see how different they are from the anime version, and any differences will raise a lot of uncertainty over whether a + version will be released.

drifand
12th April 2016, 09:56 AM
New MP's are going to be looked at with an even finer scope to see how different they are from the anime version, and any differences will raise a lot of uncertainty over whether a + version will be released.

I so want a + Grimlock/Optimus/Soundwave as I think is a refreshing look and I always didn't like how mp-10 is currently is. Tint the windows light blue, light up the dead eyes, get rid of the sickening translucent yellow bits and damn center screw, heck I don't want a transforming rifle, just do a solid yellow piece like MP-1

But saying this, is not a priority over NEW Mps I like to see.

DaptoDog
12th April 2016, 10:33 AM
But saying this, is not a priority over NEW Mps I like to see.

Yes they should treat this "+" line like G2. Continue doing all the characters they plan on putting out. Then do all the anime accurate colours to reinvigorate the MP line.

ZoonMaster5000
12th April 2016, 11:53 AM
If they have done red alert I reckon we will see prowl and wheeljack getting the + treatment before any others.

Raider
12th April 2016, 12:38 PM
I'm hoping to never see the + symbol again... I really only want to collect one MP version however the completionist in me desires every MP issued... is the demand really that high for both a toy accurate version and an anime accurate version? I would rather they focus on different bots (more decepticons please) rather than on repaints of the same bot (this comment excludes G2 repaints or different bots altogether).

ZoonMaster5000
12th April 2016, 01:44 PM
Sadly for me the more cartoon accurate the better. So I'm going to buy every + version they bring out. Which is really bugging me because now when I look at my mp collection I'm thinking great! How many more of these am I going to have to buy again:(

drifand
12th April 2016, 01:55 PM
Sadly for me the more cartoon accurate the better. So I'm going to buy every + version they bring out. Which is really bugging me because now when I look at my mp collection I'm thinking great! How many more of these am I going to have to buy again:(

Same for me. I have been thinking that G1 Toy version may have been the wrong colours to begin with, and Masterpieces are meant to correct what was wrong in the past. I would hate to see a Robotech Jetfire Masterpiece as we know it doesn't even look anything like whats shown in the cartoon.

I know is each to their own, and some would prefer homage to G1 toys, but for me is more to screen accuracy. I would sell off my duplicate though, unless I am not feeling it when I get the + version. It is funny when you think about it, like Hound toy version makes sense in military green jeep, but the toon colours are lighter.

Is not a big fuss in honesty, I just prefer to see new MPs toys as first priority.

philby
12th April 2016, 02:14 PM
I so want a + Grimlock

What would you change? Just like this Red Alert I can't see how always going for cartoon accuracy is a positive. Would you change the sculpted gold detail and translucent parts for plain yellow?

drifand
12th April 2016, 02:23 PM
What would you change? Just like this Red Alert I can't see how always going for cartoon accuracy is a positive. Would you change the sculpted gold detail and translucent parts for plain yellow?

Yup sure wont mind solid yellow exactly like from the tv show. Remember is all in your head how you seen the G1 Toy so you may not like it. I would agree that not everyone would like it. Secondly, I don't have to care about gold tarnishing or chrome tarnishing.

While at it, I would take off the light gimmick and give proper gripping hands on both sides.

12th April 2016, 03:37 PM
Sadly for me the more cartoon accurate the better.

... but for me is more to screen accuracy.

Yep! Same here! The more screen accurate the better!

My parents couldn't afford to get me a lot of the toys as a child, so all I had was the cartoon.

Luckily I started collecting MPs late, so this + line is coming just in time!

ZoonMaster5000
12th April 2016, 03:55 PM
Luckily I started collecting MPs late, so this + line is coming just in time!

This is where my problem lies, ive just spent the last 12 months picking up every mp I could find cause I thought that the longer I take the harder they will be too find.

Then they go and do the + line, almost feels like I'm starting all over again

DaptoDog
12th April 2016, 04:28 PM
This is where my problem lies, ive just spent the last 12 months picking up every mp I could find cause I thought that the longer I take the harder they will be too find.

I've been doing the same thing over the last 18 months. The more I get into this hobby, the more I've learnt the lesson of staying super focused if you want to spend within your means.

So my rules are all Takara MP's from MP-10 onwards and all original G1 combiner teams from the UW line. And I will only pick up the Titan Class (Fort Max etc) in Titans Return. No more G1 reissues after Trypticon. I'm actually glad that given my lack of interest in Titans Return there will be less cash drain, which will offset the extra MP releases coming.

aching878
12th April 2016, 06:23 PM
I've been doing the same thing over the last 18 months. The more I get into this hobby, the more I've learnt the lesson of staying super focused if you want to spend within your means.

So my rules are all Takara MP's from MP-10 onwards and all original G1 combiner teams from the UW line. And I will only pick up the Titan Class (Fort Max etc) in Titans Return. No more G1 reissues after Trypticon. I'm actually glad that given my lack of interest in Titans Return there will be less cash drain, which will offset the extra MP releases coming.
You have the will power to resisit the takara TR versions of the original 6 headmasters.. They are looking sooo nice

DaptoDog
12th April 2016, 07:42 PM
You have the will power to resisit the takara TR versions of the original 6 headmasters.. They are looking sooo nice

That they are. Honestly it comes down to two things for me. Firstly, I only had 1 Headmaster toy as a child (Horri-bull) so I don't have as strong of a connection with them as I do for seasons 1-3 G1. Second, I expect Takara to eventually do them in the Masterpiece line, whereas there is no guarantee that they will do Combiners / Titan class figures.

aching878
12th April 2016, 07:47 PM
That they are. Honestly it comes down to two things for me. Firstly, I only had 1 Headmaster toy as a child (Horri-bull) so I don't have as strong of a connection with them as I do for seasons 1-3 G1. Second, I expect Takara to eventually do them in the Masterpiece line, whereas there is no guarantee that they will do Combiners / Titan class figures.
Im sure takara will get to it eventually, but not soon since it seems they are avoiding bots that are being released via the CW/TR lines so no clashing of character release, really keen to find out who's coming next in the MP line tho

spiderken17
12th April 2016, 09:03 PM

I agree. I only collect G1 MP's so none of the variants, re-colours, Diaclone colours, no 3rd party MP stuff (man that is hard) and although it is tough when you see an awesome random figure that you want it means I can keep my theme consistent and afford MPs as they come out. It also gets easier the longer you stick to it.

ZoonMaster5000
12th April 2016, 09:23 PM
I agree. I only collect G1 MP's so none of the variants, re-colours, Diaclone colours, no 3rd party MP stuff (man that is hard) and although it is tough when you see an awesome random figure that you want it means I can keep my theme consistent and afford MPs as they come out. It also gets easier the longer you stick to it.

Man I wish had the will power of you guys I only have 1 rule, if its G1 cartoon accurate or pretty darn close ( mass shifting aside ) I buy it and this includes 3p mp's.

I'm also not interested in any variants but I purchased exhaust because well we all know the decepticons are lacking in numbers.

11th September 2016, 04:59 AM
Display at the Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.stfu/posts/1147367021995903):

http://i.imgur.com/NSmyeMh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HEyYbDA.jpg

21st September 2016, 08:37 PM
Box shots (https://www.facebook.com/Robotkingdom/photos/a.1275084045843641.1073743721.168147899870600/1275086445843401/?type=3&theater):

http://i.imgur.com/obg8X5X.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/6dUyJlV.jpg

aching878
21st September 2016, 08:58 PM
Takmall started shipping their mp14+

Frank
29th September 2016, 09:31 PM
Should be get it today from PC, but Aussie Post get it going away a circle to NSW than will back to my address in QLD. Hope will get it tomorrow :o

nsm034
30th September 2016, 05:07 AM
Got mine yesterday

ampoldj
2nd October 2016, 01:07 AM
Any news for coins or bonus accessory?

2nd October 2016, 01:28 AM
Any news for coins or bonus accessory?

Here we go -- bonus coin (https://www.facebook.com/Robotkingdom/photos/ms.c.eJwzNLIwNjY3sTQ2NLMwNDK01DOECgApE3MLCzMAckkGx g~-~-.bps.a.1275084045843641.1073743721.168147899870600/1283374931681219/?type=3&theater):

http://i.imgur.com/86un3Ka.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/usFZTxS.jpg

drifand
2nd October 2016, 03:13 AM
I didn't get any

2nd October 2016, 03:19 AM
I didn't get any

A guy on TFW said he got an email from RK (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/mp-14-anime-color-alert-takaratomy-mall-exclusive.1064432/page-35#post-13978683) about his coin only after he got the figure mailed to him.

Maybe the retailers received theirs late or are going to get them later? Would explain why RK posted the coin info on Sept 30 when MP-14+ was available from them since Sept 21...

drifand
2nd October 2016, 12:38 PM
Not that I really care about the coins but I have two more arriving and I wonder if it's still no coins.

Anyway I be frustrated if collecting the coins as there is no consistency as the latest MPs are not coins.

DELTAprime
3rd October 2016, 12:43 PM
Hmmm, I better send an email off to PC. I haven't even gotten a shipping notice from them.

drifand
13th October 2016, 10:03 PM
Opened and nice to see a lot of paint apps. However they miss out on weapons leaving it plain bare plastic making it off a little.