PDA

View Full Version : MP Inferno Teaser

kurdt_the_goat
20th April 2016, 03:44 PM
The wait for Hound/Jazz/Galvatron/Sunstreaker and so on continues while....

From TTMall's MP14+ page (http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810875215/) comes this new teaser... not sure what the pic says yet but it mentions Winter (end of year) schedule above the pic on the site...

A strange choice considering i think there's 3 unofficial ones due soonish?
And i'm starting to notice too many red MP's on my shelf dammit!

http://i.imgur.com/H6AsCBA.jpg

DarkHyren
20th April 2016, 04:03 PM
A strange choice considering i think there's 3 unofficial ones due soonish?
Actually if it is MP Inferno it makes complete sense to me, same thing happened when 3P Shockwaves and Coneheads became popular, TT announced their versions

MayzaPrime
20th April 2016, 04:04 PM
If this is true, I will be very happy that I held off buying any 3rd Party MP Infernos :D

DarkHyren
20th April 2016, 04:09 PM
If this is true, I will be very happy that I held off buying any 3rd Party MP Infernos :DMe too but I will say this, the 3Ps are good at lighting a fire under TTs butt.
Pity they haven't gotten the hint RE Dinobots yet, but I'm more then ok with the FT IronDibots anyways :p

MayzaPrime
20th April 2016, 04:15 PM
Me too but I will say this, the 3Ps are good at lighting a fire under TTs butt.
Pity they haven't gotten the hint RE Dinobots yet, but I'm more then ok with the FT IronDibots anyways :p

Agreed... I really like my IronDibots.

I also really like what the 3rd Party companies had to offer for their MP infernos. But I took a gamble that Takara would be offering their own version.

DaptoDog
20th April 2016, 04:16 PM
Me too but I will say this, the 3Ps are good at lighting a fire under TTs butt.

I reckon they just wait to see what's put out and then try to improve on them. Can't say Inferno was ever one of my favourites but still sweet that they continue to release the seasons 1-2 G1 figures.

aching878
20th April 2016, 04:32 PM
or..... mp14+ simply comes with a cardboard cutout display to hold him like the cartoon.. :rolleyes:

ZoonMaster5000
20th April 2016, 04:57 PM
All I have to say is I'm glad this teaser came out before my 3p pre-order arrived.

At least its a new mould and we will definitely be getting a grapple/hauler from this as well.

DaptoDog
20th April 2016, 05:10 PM
All I have to say is I'm glad this teaser came out before my 3p pre-order arrived.

At least its a new mould and we will definitely be getting a grapple/hauler from this as well.

Yep and you know Grapple will eventually bring Hoist. And with Hoist comes Trailbreaker - the pick of the Inferno/Grapple/Hoist/Trailbreaker quartet in my opinion.

doublespy
20th April 2016, 05:17 PM
I'm pretty convinced now that HasTak are trying whenever they can to compete with the 3P releases.

So there's goes the next 2 slots in MP, and I'm still hoping for a Megatron 2.0..

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
20th April 2016, 05:42 PM
Son of a! I thought it said Beast Wars Inferno! :mad:

or..... mp14+ simply comes with a cardboard cutout display to hold him like the cartoon.. :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/qbckenX.gif

ZoonMaster5000
20th April 2016, 05:58 PM
Yep and you know Grapple will eventually bring Hoist. And with Hoist comes Trailbreaker - the pick of the Inferno/Grapple/Hoist/Trailbreaker quartet in my opinion.

Well theres the mp's for the rest of the year and me personally would welcome every single one of them.

Ralph Wiggum
20th April 2016, 06:01 PM
Oh hell yeah, Inferno was one of my original G1 figures and I still clearly remember where I got him. He'll take special place on my shelf.

And lol how all the speculating on other forums don't even come close.

DELTAprime
20th April 2016, 06:25 PM
I wonder if the eventual Grapple repaint/mould will have a black or yellow helmet. #AnimationError

Bladestorm
20th April 2016, 06:34 PM
I'm pretty convinced now that HasTak are trying whenever they can to compete with the 3P releases.

I'm thinking the same thing... a 3P comes out and BAM there's the MP announcement.

Make more 3P Jazz please! He's the one car I REALLY want the MP of.

As much as I don't mind Inferno for me this is yet a few more $$ saved this year as I won't be getting him.

loophole
20th April 2016, 06:44 PM
Not the biggest fan of Inferno but would love me a MP Grapple as he was my first TF so.... I guess I'll be getting a MP Grapple XD

Sinnertwin
20th April 2016, 06:51 PM
I'm leaning more towards a happy coincidence with Ramjet and Inferno, rather than Takara trying to keep up with third party manufacturers.

If that was the case, we'd have at least seen teasers for Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge to accompany the reissued MP22 and MP29 for the movies 30th anniversary. Instead, it's left to the 3P manufacturers.

Just look at the sheer number of characters the third party manufacturers have produced or have in the pipeline that fit in with the MP range, then compare that to Takara's offerings. Not even close to following and responding to what the others are doing.

Verno
20th April 2016, 07:00 PM
http://orig04.deviantart.net/d79a/f/2016/111/3/d/mp_inferno_by_rh1n0x-d9zoo3v.jpg

Lord_Zed
20th April 2016, 07:13 PM
http://orig04.deviantart.net/d79a/f/2016/111/3/d/mp_inferno_by_rh1n0x-d9zoo3v.jpg

You tease! BW Inferno is one of all time favourite toys, I'd love an MP version to fight the new Primal.

A MP G1 Inferno is good too, but not Beast Wars good.

tinyJazz
20th April 2016, 07:51 PM

So there's goes the next 2 slots in MP, and I'm still hoping for a Megatron 2.0..

It's free market research for TT. :p I really like the look of the 3P Infernos and Grapples, so I'm looking forward to Takara's take on them. So far I reckon they've done a better job every time.

Man, looking at the current MP lineup of Autobot cars it's still painfully obvious that Jazz is the one they're missing. If they could bring Hasui back to work on Jazz that would be perfect! (Or the guy who did RTS Jazz whose name escapes me rn)

20th April 2016, 08:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/L4pCAar.gif

philby
20th April 2016, 08:23 PM
Did Inferno feature much in the cartoon? I can't really remember many episodes centered on him. Or Red Alert for that matter. I know there was 1 or 2 for Grapple.

Raider
20th April 2016, 08:50 PM
I agree with Sinner, nothing more than coincidence in my opinion. They would have a rough outline of what bots they intend on releasing or are planning for the next few years for sure. I just want to see more Decepticons outside of seekers. Looked at my Decepticon MP cabinet yesterday and it's like 80% seeker mould.

Paulbot
20th April 2016, 08:58 PM
The BW Inferno pic is great :D

Did Inferno feature much in the cartoon? I can't really remember many episodes centered on him. Or Red Alert for that matter. I know there was 1 or 2 for Grapple.

Well there is an ep centered on Inferno and Red Alert then ;) (more Red Alert to be fair). Inferno's also one of the bots that has a gal pal back on Cybertron and he shows up a bit (fire truck!) but doesn't have a featured episode.

And he's almost entirely absent from the US comics (until his classic and action master toys come out) but he had a pretty memorable appearance in the UK book and hung around for a while as a supporting character.

But really "Fire truck" is an easy toy to sell. :)

Deonasis
20th April 2016, 09:17 PM
I think Takara have many MPs at dfferent stages of design. Sometimes they (if the stars align) they will move MP releases around to compete with 3P offerings. The best known example of this was MP Soundwave who's shock announcement (even to "insiders") made a 3P withdraw from their investment just before production.

While Shockwave and Ramjet have come quite late after the first 3PMP release, Takara Inferno (while not as early as Soundwave was) is hot on the heels of the 3P releases. This image/news was definately announced to make people second guess their purchases.

BigTransformerTrev
20th April 2016, 09:18 PM
I said this about a month ago in the Hall of Fame thread:

I reckon G1 Inferno is definitely an underrated character. He was one of my fav G1 toys back in the day and had a very cool gung-ho personality he had to reconsile with his Search & Rescue job. Also very underrated/underused in both the Dreamwave and IDW comics where he has really only served as crowd filler. I would have voted for him over Cosmos.

He is also on the top of my list for characters I would love to see an MP of :)

Whats that song? "Dreams do come true" :D

Son of a! I thought it said Beast Wars Inferno! :mad:

A MP G1 Inferno is good too, but not Beast Wars good.

Let me get this straight. You would rather see an MP of an ant than of a Fire Truck?!

I mean, props to BW Inferno - For the Colony and all that, but G1 Inferno is da bomb! :D

This is one of those few figures where I don't give a rats what it costs - I'm getting him!

ZoonMaster5000
20th April 2016, 09:34 PM
I'm thinking the same thing... a 3P comes out and BAM there's the MP announcement.

Make more 3P Jazz please! He's the one car I REALLY want the MP of.

As much as I don't mind Inferno for me this is yet a few more $$ saved this year as I won't be getting him.

I know right! The only 3p jazz being made just pushed there release date back another 3 months. I just want one, unofficial or not but hopefully takara comes to the party first so I don't have to double dip.

spiderken17
20th April 2016, 09:49 PM
I was wondering when a new MP would be announced, once Ratchet arrives there aren't anymore original G1 bots announced (I think). Inferno lets them get Grapple and if they did Hoist they could get Trailbreaker, the problem with Jazz is there is limited retools for other MP's. I hope like hell they do him though.

CyberiusPrime
20th April 2016, 09:56 PM
The MP14 figure is sure getting a good workout!

Civic Bossman
20th April 2016, 10:40 PM
So much yes to Inferno!

20th April 2016, 10:53 PM
Saying that like it's a bad thing~

Not bad, just there are characters who did more memorable things that haven't had the MP treatment, and who should have had by now.

Bumbleb33
20th April 2016, 10:54 PM
The potential repaint fumes are dizzying...

Lord_Zed
20th April 2016, 11:48 PM
It's free market research for TT. :p I really like the look of the 3P Infernos and Grapples, so I'm looking forward to Takara's take on them. So far I reckon they've done a better job every time.

Man, looking at the current MP lineup of Autobot cars it's still painfully obvious that Jazz is the one they're missing. If they could bring Hasui back to work on Jazz that would be perfect! (Or the guy who did RTS Jazz whose name escapes me rn)

Takara always seem to do a better job capturing the G1 toon likeness of the character than third parties, which is as it should be, alas with some of the recent QC issues Takara no longer means better quality.

I think I will likely get the MMC Inferno as well as this one, you just can't beat MMC's quality and finish.

I agree on Jazz, I so want a Jazz, official or otherwise and the only 3rd party one announced is from an entirely untested new company. :(

llamatron
21st April 2016, 12:53 AM
Cool, hope they break up the Inferno / Grapple releases with some other toys like they did for Ironhide/Ratchet. That straight run of Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen was exhausting - but those were early days, different times.

Jetfire in the sky
21st April 2016, 05:59 AM
Artfire inbound perhaps?

That would be glorious :D

ampoldj
21st April 2016, 06:03 AM
nice tactics on TT side also makes you wanna buy that anime accurate version of Alert. well if what they say is right on schedule (winter release in Japan) we may see the last new mold of the year yet to come. i just have a feeling Primal aint the last for this year :rolleyes:

1AZRAEL1
21st April 2016, 10:30 AM
Artfire repaint would be a given I reckon. Maybe even a Hauler repaint, I'd buy that haha.

Though I must admit to being slightly disappointed to see that it wasn't BW Inferno, being that he was my favourite from Beast Wars

drifand
21st April 2016, 10:54 AM
Maybe a skip for me I think I just want my cars,had no intention of buying everything.

UltraMarginal
21st April 2016, 12:46 PM
I'm leaning more towards a happy coincidence with Ramjet and Inferno, rather than Takara trying to keep up with third party manufacturers.

This is much more likely, the common understanding is that the lifecycle from concept to shelf for a transformer is about 2 years. logical when you take into consideration the number of products that would be being worked on at the same time, the lead time for development and manufacture of the steel moulds, the production time to produce the volume required for release.

BRING ME MY JAZZ!

Er..... oooo-kay. Think you might have been reading more into it than was there dude. By that rational all fire fighters are gay if it's gay to save someone from a fire. :rolleyes:

Haha, if that were the case my wife would be a whole lot less interested in Chicago Fire.

I've got to be honest, when I first read the thread title I thought of Beast Wars Inferno and was a bit surprised and disappointed. don't get me wrong, I think there should be some beast wars love out there, I just can't bring myself to be invested in it.
Once I saw the silhouette I was stoked. I've never been super attached to Inferno but I really liked the G1 toy, there is so much detail in the robot mode, which I'm a little worried they'll leave out since TT seem to design for screen accuracy. The leg design in particular on the toy was very cool, I could never figure out why they didn't pin the knee joint when I was a kid.

drifand
21st April 2016, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=UltraMarginal;521134]

BRING ME MY JAZZ!

QUOTE]

I am hoping 3p to start since the coincidence is so striking similar maybe it will help.

Ralph Wiggum
21st April 2016, 05:07 PM
Wasn't there a 3rd party Jazz in the works somewhere out there?

I think TT are too scared to finish off the G1 Ark crew, imagining the worst and expecting collectors leaving in droves once they're completed.

Omega Metro
21st April 2016, 07:13 PM
Awesome news! Inferno is one of my favourites. Let's hope it's not a dissapointment.

nsm034
21st April 2016, 09:35 PM
When's PC pre order up ?:p lol

DarkHyren
22nd April 2016, 07:28 AM
When Megatron asked Soundwave not to leave him in the movie, and Soundwave carried him off.And now I have that scene from the simpsons where homer is carrying off mark hamil playing in my head with the theme from the bodyguard. thanks guys :p

1AZRAEL1
22nd April 2016, 07:31 AM
And now I have that scene from the simpsons where homer is carrying off mark hamil playing in my head with the theme from the bodyguard. thanks guys :p

You're welcome :D

Trent
22nd April 2016, 07:46 AM
On topic:

I really hope this is true. While Inferno was a C list character at best in the show, I had the toy and loved it so I'm really hoping we get him :)

DarkHyren
22nd April 2016, 07:57 AM
Yep I agree, it would be nice to have more variety of MPs, a fire truck is a nice change from lots of cars.
I wonder if an MP Inferno could be retooled into Hot Spot as well

SuspectimusPrime
22nd April 2016, 10:00 AM
I wonder if an MP Inferno could be retooled into Hot Spot as well

I think if collectors starting buying into that it will take MP's down a dark path :p MP10 will be repainted black and renamed Motormaster, MP09/28 into Menasor..

Ralph Wiggum
22nd April 2016, 10:05 AM
Yeah it'd be an upmarket, overpriced version of the CW line. The transformations and figure styles are completely different.

I'm still happy about Inferno, but looking at my Autobot shelf it's mostly a mix of red, white and blue. Really wishing Hound, Sunstreaker or Trailbreaker was on the horizon (first world problems I know)

Omega Metro
22nd April 2016, 10:19 AM
Really wishing Hound, Sunstreaker or Trailbreaker was on the horizon (first world problems I know)

Trail breaker would be my dream MP. My favourite TF as a kid. As much as I want the rest of the G1 cartoon crew, I don't want TT to release them too quickly as there will be nothing for me to buy in the future. They have already released Ratchet, Shockwave and Ironhide etc too close to each other. They could at least break it up a bit with some more crappy Beast Wars/G2 MPs.

DaptoDog
22nd April 2016, 10:22 AM
Yeah it'd be an upmarket, overpriced version of the CW line. The transformations and figure styles are completely different.

I'm still happy about Inferno, but looking at my Autobot shelf it's mostly a mix of red, white and blue. Really wishing Hound, Sunstreaker or Trailbreaker was on the horizon (first world problems I know)

Well earlier I said that Inferno should lead to Grapple. And Grapple's best bud is Hoist. And Hoist shares the same mould as Trailbreaker. Plus the inevitable diaclone and other repaints for those four characters. So there should be a lot more colour variety on your shelf in time.

M-bot
22nd April 2016, 11:42 AM
Well earlier I said that Inferno should lead to Grapple. And Grapple's best bud is Hoist. And Hoist shares the same mould as Trailbreaker. Plus the inevitable diaclone and other repaints for those four characters. So there should be a lot more colour variety on your shelf in time.

Those 4 would make a very happy addition to my MP shelf. Actually, I think I'm going to need a bigger MP shelf. :)

SuspectimusPrime
22nd April 2016, 11:47 AM
They could at least break it up a bit with some more crappy Beast Wars/G2 MPs.

By crappy don't you mean totally badass (http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/8c3a9cbdjw1eduuad74lzj20mo0cdjwr.jpg)? :p

Akky82
23rd April 2016, 02:56 PM
Those 4 would make a very happy addition to my MP shelf. Actually, I think I'm going to need a bigger MP shelf. :)

Yeah I'm getting ready to split movie MP's off and make it completely 1985 catalogue (1985 ?) shelf, hoping for a trailbreaker/hoist from somewhere.

Jazzman
23rd April 2016, 04:06 PM
Yeah I'm getting ready to split movie MP's off and make it completely 1985 catalogue (1985 ?) shelf, hoping for a trailbreaker/hoist from somewhere.

I kinda wish they'd complete the More Than Meets The Eye characters... who's left? Reflector, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, Mirage, Hound, Jazz? Oh, and the minibots - Gears, Huffer, Brawn & Windcharger. Fair enough that the cartoon representation of the minibot's vehicle modes was WAY open to interpretation but the other characters would be awesome... :D

drifand
23rd April 2016, 04:11 PM
I kinda wish they'd complete the More Than Meets The Eye characters... who's left? Reflector, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, Mirage, Hound, Jazz? Oh, and the minibots - Gears, Huffer, Brawn & Windcharger. Fair enough that the cartoon representation of the minibot's vehicle modes was WAY open to interpretation but, the other characters would be awesome... :D

Lets not forget Megatron, pretty main character but seems to be not important in TT eyes.

Jazzman
23rd April 2016, 04:16 PM
Lets not forget Megatron, pretty main character but seems to be not important in TT eyes.

Oh absolutely, I'm sure EVERYONE wants a new MP Megs! Dunno what TT are waiting for... perhaps problems with imitation firearm laws??? :confused:

ampoldj
23rd April 2016, 04:50 PM
Oh absolutely, I'm sure EVERYONE wants a new MP Megs! Dunno what TT are waiting for... perhaps problems with imitation firearm laws??? :confused:

probably fire arms issues with Megs and licensing with Porsche with Jazz :( is Hound a licensed jeep?

drifand
23rd April 2016, 05:05 PM
probably fire arms issues with Megs and licensing with Porsche with Jazz :( is Hound a licensed jeep?

Since we gotten VW I would have thought Jazz isn't a big issue anymore.
Megs was never going to be an issue for Japan or Hong Kong, But I believe now the decision is more about global profit than just what they want to make, so fire arm laws are taken into account.

As for Hound, I thought its a Mitsubishi military jeep?

Mirage MP is already done, you just can't see it. lol

Borgeman
23rd April 2016, 06:08 PM
Mirage MP is already done, you just can't see it. lol

HA

Stug
23rd April 2016, 08:35 PM
As for Hound, I thought its a Mitsubishi military jeep?

I understand he was a Mitsubishi J59 which are built under license from Willys (initially and then AMC or whoever owns the company now). So I guess they would still need to obtain a license from whoever owns Willys's IP now...

Keidatron
23rd April 2016, 09:44 PM
I'm more excited that it's likely he'll be remolded into Grapple, and I love me some Grapple