PDA

View Full Version : TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE - IDW Pitch

Verno
29th April 2016, 10:25 AM
G'Day all,

As some of you are aware, I recently sent off a pitch to IDW for a 4-issue miniseries titled TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE to celebrate the Beast Wars 20th anniversary this year.

The pitch, scripts for all four issues, as well artwork examples from Issue #1 are currently sitting on John Barber's desk, awaiting his discerning eye to be cast over them. In the meantime, I thought I might share the details of the pitch with you all. So sit back, read on and enjoy.

http://orig12.deviantart.net/1a4c/f/2016/120/d/4/coloursmall_by_rh1n0x-da0st6j.png (http://rh1n0x.deviantart.com/art/IDW-Pitch-TRANSFORMERS-DEICIDE-605832494)
AS THE HEAVENS RAGE, IT'S ALL OR NOTHING AS THE WAR WITHOUT END... ENDS!

(click the logo to read the pitch)

Cheers,
- Verno.

MayzaPrime
29th April 2016, 10:38 AM
Well done, looks good

Verno
29th April 2016, 11:59 AM
Cheers, Mayza. My fingers are firmly crossed.

Bladestorm
29th April 2016, 12:02 PM
Good luck!

The outline sounds intriguing. I like the direction you've taken the idea.

Verno
29th April 2016, 12:07 PM
Good luck!

The outline sounds intriguing. I like the direction you've taken the idea.
Cheers, mate.

It actually doubles as an anniversary comic for TF:TM (1986) as well, with Unicron back in the picture.

BigTransformerTrev
29th April 2016, 12:59 PM
That's excellent mate! I'm not the hugest Beast Wars fan but I'd definetly read that - it sounds like a really intriguing storyline!

Nice work - I admire great creativity :D

Verno
29th April 2016, 01:06 PM
That's excellent mate! I'm not the hugest Beast Wars fan but I'd definetly read that - it sounds like a really intriguing storyline!

Nice work - I admire great creativity :D
Cheers, Trev.

Beast Wars had so many dangling threads that linked it to a larger G1/G2 universe that went unused, so I had a field day with them.

i_amtrunks
29th April 2016, 03:25 PM
Here's hoping they go for a 4-6 issue series if they pick it up, rather than a one shot or a "alternate universe" what if like the recent movie what if.

It'd also be nice to see who they blood on a new series artwise as well!

Goodluck!

Verno
29th April 2016, 08:00 PM
Here's hoping they go for a 4-6 issue series if they pick it up, rather than a one shot or a "alternate universe" what if like the recent movie what if.

It'd also be nice to see who they blood on a new series artwise as well!

Goodluck!
Cheers, Trunks :)

It'd be a dream come true for sure. My first version of the series was written back when IDW were putting out 22-page issues, but then they trimmed them to 20-pages, so I had to trim the updated versions. They're four very full issues.

I've worked with some incredible artists in my collaborations on DeviantArt. Any number of them are well-deserving of an opportunity at IDW.