PDA

View Full Version : TFSS 5.0 Is Live For Members

CHILENO20
30th April 2016, 09:35 AM
Well, as the thread states, TFSS is now live. Currently it's only for members but accoringly to the email I got, it will be open to past members as well.

http://transformersclub.com/

Ordered mine already :D

MayzaPrime
30th April 2016, 09:42 AM
Well, as the thread states, TFSS is now live. Currently it's only for members but accoringly to the email I got, it will be open to past members as well.

http://transformersclub.com/

Ordered mine already :D

Orders will be open until 26th of May (US time)... Which is lucky cause pay day is next week

Krayt
30th April 2016, 10:37 AM
657 aud for cheap shipping with insurance.....

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th April 2016, 12:34 PM

Don't forget about the extra for bubble wrap.

Krayt
30th April 2016, 01:19 PM
Not an option for the tfss

DELTAprime
30th April 2016, 05:12 PM
When are they delivering these? With TFCC shutting down at the end of the year I'd be worried I'd never get the toys.

CHILENO20
30th April 2016, 06:41 PM

Depending on conversion rates & adding the 7th figure, equates to roughly about $93.00-$96.00 a figure. Looking forward to the CW ones, more combiner limbs to customize :D I wonder what the 7th figure for the 4th series will be? Kinda hoping for a Con but I doubt it as basically the whole 4th line are Cons aside from Impactor.

fatbot
30th April 2016, 07:59 PM
wow, that time just flew by, i just tried to order mine & it's saying the subscription is closed

prjkt
30th April 2016, 08:42 PM
Heh someone probably set the closing date to 29/04 not 29/05 by mistake

griffin
30th April 2016, 09:31 PM
When are they delivering these? With TFCC shutting down at the end of the year I'd be worried I'd never get the toys.

They have until December 31st to have these manufactured, shipped to America and then posted out to customers. (as well as any other Club exclusives yet to be offered, like Skywarp and the GIJoe/TF 5-pack).

They have enough time to send out the 5th series every 3 weeks like the 4th series, if there aren't any delays... but even if there are delays, they will just make sure everything is sent out by the end of the year, even if it means being sent out all together (and FunPub makes a killing on the postage they save).

Worst case scenario, if there are significant delays and the toys don't get to FunPub by December 31s, Hasbro would send out the toys to the customers (like they did in 2005), and just bill FunPub for the shipping expenses (as they would still be operating as a business after 2016, unlike Glen Hallit in 2005).

Raider
1st May 2016, 06:31 AM
Any members offering to purchase for us lowly non-members? :p

fatbot
2nd May 2016, 03:32 AM
Any members offering to purchase for us lowly non-members? :p

I'll be doing a Sydney one again, I'll put a post up in the group orders page on Wednesday.

griffin
2nd May 2016, 08:25 AM
I will post up something in the saleyard too by the end of this week, which still gives us a lot of time. (but obviously go with fatbot if you are in Sydney and can save yourself postage)

griffin
2nd May 2016, 10:05 AM
The new official images of the six regular toys have been mirrored here (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/29/transformers-figure-subscription-service-5-0-orders-open-314825), as you still need to log in as a member to view them.

And these could be the bios that were with them, as they were posted up on TFW....

Counterpunch
Former Double Agent

“Truth. As terrible as death, but harder to find.”

The double spy known as both PUNCH and COUNTERPUNCH had been deep undercover for so long, even he had begun to question his true allegiance. After millions of years, the false history of his undercover persona had been burned into his datatracks, becoming indistinguishable from his true memories. Eventually, PUNCH and COUNTERPUNCH had each come to believe that the other was a disguise.

After a ruthless squad of Decepticons discovered his dual identities during a raid on an Autobot base, he was savagely beaten, labeled a traitor, and left to rust. However, thanks to a talented medic from the planet Paradron, he was saved. But only by removing the damaged components of his PUNCH form—including the barriers between PUNCH and COUNTERPUNCH’s mental processes. Reborn as a single entity, COUNTERPUNCH seeks to uncover the truth of an identity hidden within two conflicting sets of memories. His brutality has been tempered by a constant struggle between the Decepticon he thinks he is, and the Autobot he thinks he may be.

Utilizing an unreleased head sculpt which has never before been seen, Counterpunch becomes a special addition to any Combiner Wars collection! Arm him with his bladed Photon Cannon and Twin Mortar Launcher and send him on his newest spy missions to infiltrate your toy shelves!

--

Fractyl w/ Scorponok
Predacon Scientist

“Victory is achieved more quickly by the sharpened mind than by the berserker rage.”

As a scientist, FRACTYL was an anomaly among the PREDACONS. Favoring brute force as a method of subjugating their opponents, the PREDACONS seemed to have little use for carefully thought out strategies and highly technical weaponry. After the destruction of the Cybertronian wars, FRACTYL set out among the stars to find a new home where his scientific acumen would be appreciated. However, upon entering the atmosphere of a previously uncharted planet, FRACTYL crash-landed and was discovered by the native lifeforms – a primitive race of mechanoids in the early stages of evolving a techno-organic conversion ability. FRACTYL’S geological experiments established him as a sort of deity to these mechanoids – much to his chagrin.

FRACTYL has retained his Cybertronian jet mode and made modifications to better suit the atmosphere of his new home. Unlike his fellow PREDACONS, FRACTYL’S weapons are more defensive in nature.

Fractyl uses the new head sculpt first introduced on the BotCon 2016 attendee Terrorsaur figure and comes with a Twin-Barreled Laser Rifle and Air-to-surface Missile Launcher to aid him in his survival on strange new worlds that only your imagination can bring to life! Also included is the Scorponok accessory figure – so that now you can finally complete your vehicle-mode Beast Wars show cast Predacons.

--

Double Pretender Megatron w/ Spacewarp
Decepticon Commander

“Embrace tyranny or forfeit peace. Those are the choices the universe offers.”

MEGATRON is the embodiment of the next Generation of Transformer technology: the Double Pretender! Faced with his own survival and the survival of the Decepticon legacy, MEGATRON upgrades with an impenetrable outer shell that combines cybernetically reinforced superstructure and Cybertronic alloy to ensure victory on the battlefield!

MEGATRON also harnesses the power of his robot partner, the enigmatic Mini-Con SPACEWARP. A displaced explorer, SPACEWARP's innate spacebridge abilities give MEGATRON valuable mobility as well as added firepower as she can connect her Transwarp Blaster mode to any distant singularity in the mapped galaxies.

Robots who stand in MEGATRON's way ought to beware, he's in no mood for distractions!

The Double Pretender Megatron action figure reintroduces the famously rare and never before available outside of Japan “Grand Maximus” Pretender shell. This is the original vintage tooling brought out of storage for this special figure which will only be available through the Transformers Collectors' Club Transformers Figure Subscription Service 5.0! Also comes with Megatron's Fusion Rifle, Repulsor Blade, and the Spacewarp Mini-con partner accessory, any of which can be placed into the Decepticon Commander's hands as he battles Optimus Prime and the Autobots!

--

Double Pretender Optimus Prime w/ HI-Q
Autobot Commander

“Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”

OPTIMUS PRIME steps into the next Generation of Transformer evolution as a Double Pretender! As the strongest and wisest of the Autobots, OPTIMUS is dedicated to protecting all life forms. Now he has added a whole new level to his considerable arsenal using Double Pretender technology!

Splits into three autonomous modules 1) His fearsome outer battle shell that combines cybernetically fused musculature and high-density Cybertronic alloy to truly dominate the field 2) The Commander Robot form which carries a high-density ion cannon and converts into an all-terrain vehicle capable of off-road travel in any environment 3) The Autobot cyborg partner Hi-Q, who transforms into both an aerial reconnaissance spy jet as well as a repeating particle beam cannon!

Decepticons should be wary of what OPTIMUS can bring to the battlegrounds. With his new capabilities, OPTIMUS PRIME continues to be both a respected commander, and a feared warrior!

The Double Pretender Optimus Prime action figure uses the fan favorite Pretender shell that debuted at BotCon 2015, and also features a brand new head sculpt for the inner robot! Equip Optimus Prime for combat with his Photo Rifle, High-Density Ion Blaster, and Hi-Q partner accessory, and your Decepticon toys won't know what's coming for them!

--

Lifeline w/ Quickslinger
Paradron Medic

“Don’t let my smile fool you, it is part of my root programming.”

LIFELINE is one of the last remaining members of the Paradron Medic Corps, a group which famously shared an identical body-type amongst all its units. The near-pastel color scheme of the Medic Corps is based off of Rungian insights into the psychological status of most would-be patients, it's meant to put them at ease and offer less risk of accidental provocation. LIFELINE does not fight and is a pacifist at spark, and she loathes that her programming drives her to accept patients injured from combat. Behind her ironic smile hides a detachment she’s developed for repairing bots who return to war. Naturally pragmatic, LIFELINE repairs when possible and deactivates when not.

LIFELINE and her practice are aided by the one-time Targetmaster QUICKSLINGER who was one of the most rough-and-tumble robots in the Autobot military, taking on missions that defied her size and bearing. When the war seemed lost, she left Cybertron in search of a rumored lost colony world and a new mission for her life. She has achieved that goal as a loyal attendant to LIFELINE.

Gather Lifeline's included medical implements – Energon Infuser, Plasma Projector, Hard-Light Scalpel Blades (x2) – as well as the Quickslinger Targetmaster partner accessory, and prep her for surgery as she treats your other Transformers action figures!

--

Toxitron

Decepticon Experiment and Secret Weapon

“Pursuit of perfection creates demons, demons have a way of
coming back to haunt.“

Forgotten. Abandoned. Left to rot in purgatory. This will not be the legacy of TOXITRON. A brute found by SHOCKWAVE on the edge of the Sea of Rust foraging for scraps of Energon, TOXITRON was promised a better life, modifications, enhancements and surely a reputation that would last for eons. In a single word: Perfection.

However, perfection failed to live up to its promises and “failure” became the word attributed to TOXITRON's intended upgrades. Left without any of the ‘gifts’ SHOCKWAVE had predicted, TOXITRON was a living weapon. A being who constantly discharged lethal toxins and poisoned anyone around him. When not on missions, TOXITRON had to be kept in a state of Cognizant Stasis to protect his fellow comrades.

Eventually other bots came to process special abilities from SHOCKWAVE’s modifications. More and more time passed between missions until finally TOXITRON was forgotten about altogether. Becoming more and more angered by his abandonment, he vowed to take revenge on those SHOCKWAVE found to be more ‘Perfect’.

The Toxitron action figure utilizes a never-before-released head sculpt, which captures the visage of an evil version of the heroic Optimus Prime! He also comes with a Distortion Rifle and Agonizer Sword, both of which can be equipped in either mode during his missions to infect the other Transformers action figures on your shelves!

Krayt
20th May 2016, 10:51 PM
Finally got around to ordering my set today.... Don't forget people!!! Only a few days left...

DELTAprime
21st May 2016, 09:01 AM
Seibertron said they have opened up orders to all members from spring 2012.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-collectors-club-subscription-service-50-available-to-all-members-since-2012/35404/

reillyd
21st May 2016, 05:52 PM
Don't forget the deadline is approaching. Also you can save a BOATLOAD of shipping coast by using an American mail-forwarding service. By my estimate, I've shaved about $100US of shipping off it by not paying their outrageous prices.

griffin
22nd May 2016, 11:51 PM
Three prose stories are now on the Club website (http://transformersclub.com/), to cover three of the Subscription toys - Counterpunch, Fractyl, and Toxitron.

Krayt
23rd May 2016, 12:25 AM
Don't forget the deadline is approaching. Also you can save a BOATLOAD of shipping coast by using an American mail-forwarding service. By my estimate, I've shaved about $100US of shipping off it by not paying their outrageous prices.

Hmmmmmm.....

49.80 to send to a US address....

142.50 to send direct to here....

So your saving 92.7 straight up.... And have a mail forwarding service that's free?

And that 92.7 works out to 15.45 postage per delivery to budget from US to here, in case you were wondering

Personally, I think they do the sub service postage pretty close... 23.75 each, and gets here within 10 days of the US

griffin
25th May 2016, 10:27 AM
The Club has sent out an email to let people know that they have an extra day to sign up to the Subscription set, extending the cut-off to Friday 27th 11pm (Texas Time).
That's Saturday 2pm East Australia time.

The Transformers Figure Subscription Service (TFSS) 5.0 order period has been extended until Friday at 11PM central time.

You can order (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/login.cfm?eid=1014) your TFSS 5.0 until then. Please note, there is no limit on the number of subscriptions you can purchase as the TFSS is built to order.

You can either pay in full or by installment. Also, everyone that completes the full TFSS will also receive a BONUS 7th deluxe figure! This bonus 7th deluxe figure features a head sculpt not yet released at U.S. retail.

Thank you for your support! This is it! The last Transformers FSS! Don't miss it.

BigTransformerTrev
25th May 2016, 12:31 PM
I couldn't find it on theior page but are you able to get specific figures without getting the whole set? I jsut want the Paradron medic. Still kicking myself for missing out on Krok from the 3.0 because I wasn't interested in the rest.

CHILENO20
25th May 2016, 12:52 PM
I couldn't find it on theior page but are you able to get specific figures without getting the whole set? I jsut want the Paradron medic. Still kicking myself for missing out on Krok from the 3.0 because I wasn't interested in the rest.

Dude, check it out:
http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=2789

As for individual bots, I don't think so. Last few have come randomly as they want it to be a surprise.

BigTransformerTrev
25th May 2016, 01:48 PM
Dude, check it out:
http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=2789

As for individual bots, I don't think so. Last few have come randomly as they want it to be a surprise.

Oh you magnificent bastard! :D

Thanks man! I've been trying to track him down for ages!

CHILENO20
25th May 2016, 02:00 PM
Oh you magnificent bastard! :D

Thanks man! I've been trying to track him down for ages!

Happy to help a bro out :D

griffin
25th May 2016, 05:37 PM
I couldn't find it on theior page but are you able to get specific figures without getting the whole set?

No.
But some people who are only wanting one or two of a subscription set will sign up for the instalment option, and if they are lucky to get their figure sent out before the second or third payment, they just don't make the rest of the payments and sell off any unwanted figures they got stuck with.
(and if your preferred figure ends up being released 5th or 6th, you get the bonus figure to sell with the other unwanted ones, to help offset your total cost)

Krayt
29th May 2016, 10:58 PM
I hate the club sometimes...

They have just published a new story, making Alpha Bravo and Offroad limbs for Toxitron. What the hell??? What about Impactor? The unknown bots? Damn mixing and matching!

prjkt
29th May 2016, 11:10 PM

They have just published a new story, making Alpha Bravo and Offroad limbs for Toxitron. What the hell??? What about Impactor? The unknown bots? Damn mixing and matching!

Read the whole story ;)

That was published so that if someone had this subscription, but NOT #4 with Impactor, they'd still have an "official" or canon Wreckage combiner. Smart move.

Krayt
29th May 2016, 11:33 PM
I did....

But I also keep my combiners as they are configured in cartoon/comic etc. so this is how mine would need to be, when I was planning on using the extras from 4 with 5. Now it'll bug me!

prjkt
30th May 2016, 01:14 AM
I did....

But I also keep my combiners as they are configured in cartoon/comic etc. so this is how mine would need to be, when I was planning on using the extras from 4 with 5. Now it'll bug me!

That's just one configuration... Once the rest are out we'll see the other one

Deonasis
30th May 2016, 07:26 AM
What will bug me is tracking down the final Wreckage combiner. The CW parts will be pricey as they form a team and will be used to offset the rest of someones FSS purchase.

reillyd
30th May 2016, 02:03 PM

Never did trust that shifty Alpha Bravo. An aerialbot that's not a jet. Phfh!

Krayt
8th July 2016, 07:10 AM
Can anyone remember if fractyl will come with a hfg?

reillyd
8th July 2016, 10:08 PM
What's a hfg?

griffin
8th July 2016, 10:29 PM
What's a hfg?

Hand-Foot-Gun - that combiner accessory that all the Deluxes have, but BotCon Terrorsaur was missing (which might have some people worried that Fractyl will also be missing it... but I think since Fractyl wasn't yet produced at the time of FunPub getting Terrorsaur, they would make sure it isn't forgotten this time - I would hope).

Krayt
8th July 2016, 10:57 PM
I asked coz tfwiki says it's not included.... And a lot of post Botcon talk people think it's not included.... So trying to find something that says it is

griffin
8th July 2016, 11:39 PM
That would be disappointing if it doesn't. Even if it isn't noted as a combiner limb in their fiction (comic or prose story), it doesn't mean that a collector who gets it shouldn't be prevented from using its third or fourth modes (combiner arm or leg) because it didn't have the foot/hand accessory included.

I don't know why they wouldn't include it regardless of how the character is portrayed in their (semi-fanfic) comic... how many people would complain about it being included with a character that never becomes a combiner limb in the FunPub comic... and how many people would complain about it being left out of a toy that has two of its four modes needing it. That's half the function of the toy, that everyone getting it will try out at some stage. (few people will read the Club's stories that have this character in it anyway, and seriously, who is going to refuse to turn Fractyl into a Combiner limb because the comic says it cant be one?)
If one option creates negativity and the other doesn't, why be stubborn and go with the negative option just to be accurate to a story that most buyers of that toy will not even read.

It's almost like they are looking for ways to generate complaints from fans (if this ends up being true).

prjkt
9th July 2016, 12:28 AM
Fractyl IS a combined limb in the prose stories... I wonder if this is all due to tfwiki stating this based off the fact the part hasn't been pictured with the mockups?

griffin
9th July 2016, 11:11 AM
Fractyl IS a combined limb in the prose stories... I wonder if this is all due to tfwiki stating this based off the fact the part hasn't been pictured with the mockups?

Well there you go... I don't read their prose stories.

I don't think some of the BotCon toy images had the hand-foot either so shouldn't be an indicator.

griffin
9th July 2016, 10:15 PM
An email today from FunPub lets us know that they aren't expecting the toys to arrive until "late Fall", which would be November... warning those who chose the instalment option that their 2nd & 3rd payments could be very close together.

Hello Subscribers,
Just a quick update to remind you that the FSS 5.0 figures will not ship until late fall. As stated at BotCon, based on the manufacturer's schedule, we may end up having to ship multiple products in the same month in order to have them all shipped by the end of our contract.
In addition, this also means that for you on the installment payment plan, that the second and third installments may be due very close together. When we have a firm ship date from the manufacturer, we will let you know. We are currently trying to get them to move the date sooner.
Thanks for your support,

If they end up having less than six weeks to send out the six shipments, FunPub will make a lot of extra money from what they charged to cover six separate shipments... not that they haven't made a lot of money from postage over-charges before.

Megatran
10th July 2016, 12:47 AM
An email today from FunPub lets us know that they aren't expecting the toys to arrive until "late Fall", which would be November... warning those who chose the instalment option that their 2nd & 3rd payments could be very close together.
It's refreshing & pleasing to know that FunPub are getting on the front foot to let Subscribers know of the situation.

If they end up having less than six weeks to send out the six shipments, FunPub will make a lot of extra money from what they charged to cover six separate shipments... not that they haven't made a lot of money from postage over-charges before.
Perhaps people should buy from the aftermarket if they feel postage cost is too excessive by FunPub. ;)

Krayt
17th August 2016, 01:06 AM
With the end of 4.0 shipping now, I got to thinking of how I want 5.0 to go...

Limb 3
Limb 4
Toxitron (or any order for those 3)
Prime
Megs
Blue girl + bonus....

Would have had the pretenders the last 2.... But then the bonus would have bulked out the box too much...

Krayt
12th October 2016, 07:28 AM
Damnit damnit damnit!

Email from the club overnight has pushed these into next year :-(

due to delays at the manufacturer, these should arrive in time to ship around the end of the year. However, there has been a change in the process. These figures will be packed into only three shipments, 2 figures, 2 figures and the final 2 figures with the bonus figure.

This means that there will be an installment payment due in January and one in February. The billing dates will not be set until we know the shipment is on it's way here.

MayzaPrime
12th October 2016, 09:57 AM
Damnit damnit damnit!

Email from the club overnight has pushed these into next year :-(

Is it really a suprise? :p

Krayt
12th October 2016, 10:28 AM
Is it really a suprise? :p

Not really... but the last update had them shipping about now, and finishing by end of year/Jan. Now this pushes us out to like March....

Which annoys me as I want see all my CW Combiners together, and the one spot i have in the house to show the "current line" is too full now....

And Current line is now TR, so CW needs to get stored....

Right now I don't even have the space to open and have UW out....

But yeah, mainly i just wanted to see all 17 Hasbro combiners together, and then laid out in lines by mould, then they were to get stuck in a storage box

UltraMarginal
12th October 2016, 03:50 PM
It's frustrating and not surprising all at the same time.

reillyd
13th October 2016, 09:16 PM
How much you want to bet they won't meet the deadline, and Hasbro has to bail them out with a license extension?

Trent
14th October 2016, 08:16 AM
It's good to see the club maintaining the reputation they've become famous for even at the very end.

At least they were consistent at something

griffin
16th March 2017, 11:46 PM
The fifth subscription series has finally arrived in America, and FunPublications will send out the first of three shipments next week.

The other two shipments will occur in April and May, as they have the remaining billing days for those on the instalment plan, is April 3rd and May 1st.

Believe it or not the container is FINALLY here!
We will be preparing your first of three shipments this week so we need you to l (http://www.mastercollector.com/fss/event.cfm?eid=1014)og in (http://www.mastercollector.com/fss/event.cfm?eid=1014) and verify your address on file by 5 pm on Tuesday March 14.
We have packed this final version in sets of two so you will only receive 3 shipments instead of 6.
Also for those of you on the installment payment plan, the billing dates will be April 3rd and May 1st. Please make sure your CC on file is current and correct.

Thanks for your patience!

They only gave a day to update mailing addresses... although, people should have updated their address as soon as there was a change.

MayzaPrime
16th March 2017, 11:52 PM
I will be glad once the figures have shipped to be finally done with this mob...

CHILENO20
26th March 2017, 09:22 PM
Looks like the first shipment is arriving to members in the US. Won't say what it is so as to not spoil the surprise.

griffin
26th March 2017, 10:43 PM
Looks like the first shipment is arriving to members in the US. Won't say what it is so as to not spoil the surprise.

It will take another 2-3 weeks until they show up here... so if someone in Australia wants to be surprised, they will have to stay away from fansites and facebook for the next 3 weeks.

As such, we usually allow for the toys to be revealed here, for the 99% of members here who aren't getting these toys... but for now, the identity of the first two toys can be seen here (http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/03/23/transformers-figure-subscription-service-tfss-5-0-finally-arriving-336088) (they are sending them out in three shipments instead of six... which will save them a lot of money on the postage they have already charged people, which was estimated on their being six shipments).

Has anyone here actually ever got their subscription toy in the mail and been genuinely been surprised because they managed to avoid finding out which toy it was?

prjkt
28th March 2017, 09:16 PM
I've always had the ID spoiled, or gone looking for it, even with the "bonus" figure.

Paul Agnew
30th March 2017, 05:34 PM
The first shipment arrived today.

griffin
31st March 2017, 02:55 PM
That was fast... maybe they took on my suggestion to post out foreign orders a week or two earlier, so that we'd get them at about the same time.

CHILENO20
31st March 2017, 08:01 PM
That was fast... maybe they took my suggestion to post out foreign orders a week of two earlier so that weed get them at about the same time.

Mine arrived today bossbot :D

griffin
31st March 2017, 09:16 PM
I'll have to check my mailbox in the morning then.

Krayt
3rd April 2017, 08:52 AM
I was sceptical seeming one guys "location" says Kentucky.... But this morning Galvatronus finally grew an arm and my lil boy stole "green car green car!"

Shipping sticker says 22/3/2017.... 12 days including weekends.... How it should always have been

griffin
3rd April 2017, 09:16 AM
Mine hasn't arrived yet. :(

I was sceptical seeming one guys "location" says Kentucky..

For some it's forever BotCon...

prjkt
3rd April 2017, 06:34 PM
Mine is in my parcel locker. Too lazy to go get it ATM though

bowspearer
5th April 2017, 07:41 PM
Any word of figures 3 and 4? I'm wondering based on what we know so far, if they'll be the 2 Pretenders.

prjkt
7th April 2017, 03:16 PM
I was thinking they'd have one combining member per shipment, which after 1&2 seems possible

griffin
7th April 2017, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I'd be really surprised if they sent out the two pretenders together. One will probably come out next and the other will be in the third shipment.

And I think the next shipment will have Toxitron, otherwise the third shipment would be pretty big with a pretender, a Voyager and a Deluxe.

CHILENO20
7th April 2017, 06:42 PM
Wonder what the mystery figure will be? :confused:

Krayt
7th April 2017, 07:45 PM
Wonder what the mystery figure will be? :confused:

Most likely is sunstorm from the UW thrust mould

CHILENO20
7th April 2017, 07:57 PM
Most likely is sunstorm from the UW thrust mould

Speculating or coz you know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy? :confused:

Krayt
7th April 2017, 09:02 PM
Speculating or coz you know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy? :confused:

I guy who knows a guy read a tweet that got deleted... Apparantly it said "it will brighten the sky" or something.

And Botcon Pete on podcasts has said CW, and a "non-us head" which lends towards the UW thrust head

CHILENO20
7th April 2017, 09:10 PM
I guy who knows a guy read a tweet that got deleted... Apparantly it said "it will brighten the sky" or something.

And Botcon Pete on podcasts has said CW, and a "non-us head" which lends towards the UW thrust head

Sweet, an all Decepticon Combiner Wreckage then :D

Krayt
8th April 2017, 11:33 AM
Sweet, an all Decepticon Combiner Wreckage then :D

Was just looking at Fractyl and Terrorsaur together.... Fractyl is 1000x better then Terrorsaur! Overall finish is just lacking on T's...

But it made me realise.... Screw a sunstorm, I want a Lazorbeak!

CHILENO20
8th April 2017, 11:53 AM
Was just looking at Fractyl and Terrorsaur together.... Fractyl is 1000x better then Terrorsaur! Overall finish is just lacking on T's...

But it made me realise.... Screw a sunstorm, I want a Lazorbeak!

Or Hydra :D

reillyd
12th April 2017, 09:17 PM
Mine arrived today from my American reshipper.

Lifeline is just adorable as a Paradron medic , but I was disappointed to find out her hands couldn't hold her Targetmaster partner Quickslinger. Sure enough though they rewrote her bio card to say that Lifeline "never uses her in this mode"!

Krayt
12th April 2017, 11:50 PM
So... Looks like BBTS changed all their preorders to account for the double shipping

So if you've ordered there, check your email

prjkt
13th April 2017, 06:03 AM
Mine arrived today from my American reshipper.

Lifeline is just adorable as a Paradron medic , but I was disappointed to find out her hands couldn't hold her Targetmaster partner Quickslinger. Sure enough though they rewrote her bio card to say that Lifeline "never uses her in this mode"!

I wonder if the original plan was to use the Titan Hunters retool, but something got "lost" in translation/communication with the factory.

I just gave he little jet to Scorponok, colours are close enough.

bowspearer
13th April 2017, 06:09 PM
Unless Toxitron and the heavier of the 2 pretenders had a combined shipping weight of over 2lbs, 3 and 4 can be confirmed as both pretenders.

Here's an email I got from fupub re a problem with processing my order for 2 sets:

Hi ______, I did find out why your order did void vs process as normal. It did not have anything to do with your credit card I don’t believe. It looks like it is due to the shipping selection. Due to this next shipment weighing over 4lbs(anything over 4lbs must ship via Priority Mail International) your order cannot ship via First Class Mail International as you originally selected. It looks like the order will have to ship via Priority Mail International. Since the system did not know how to manually change this it just voided out the order. I do have your correct credit card details from you but I just wanted to make you aware that this is how your order will have to ship and that the shipping is $65.70 vs $47.50. This is due to the post office rules and regulations now ours, I do apologize. Please confirm this is ok and I will proceed with your manual order. Thank you.

prjkt
13th April 2017, 07:51 PM
strange, I got charged less shipping for round 2 than I did for round 1, and it was First Class Mail International...

Krayt
13th April 2017, 11:07 PM
47.50 x 4 = 190
65.70 x 2 = 131.4

So you going to end up in front from all this?

bowspearer
14th April 2017, 07:21 PM
Actually Krayt, it was $67.50 all up for 2x#3 and 2x#4. I'm not complaining either way as it gets here quicker. The reason I posted it is because we're all in the dark about figures 3 and 4 for now and the fact that 2 sets mailed out were going to weigh more than 4lbs (which we only know about because of a glitch in Funpub's system), suggests that it could quite possibly be both pretenders - depending on how much say, Prime and Toxitron would weigh (if a pretender was made 5 or 6, you can bet it would be Megs as it'll weigh less than Prime will).

Krayt
15th April 2017, 11:35 AM
Yeah I got that dude.... But if the system was going to charge 47 shipping for just #2x2, extrapolate that out as same for 3, 4, 5, 6.....

But now there are only three shipments, you end up in front don't you?

bowspearer
15th April 2017, 05:46 PM
Most likely, tbh wasn't really fussed and was glad the problem happened - means that we at least have something to go on in terms of what 3 and 4 might be. Given that Optimus' pretender shell weighs way more than Megatron's, it's a pretty safe bet that he's #3. As for #4, well it all depends on whether Toxitron or Megatron weighs more. Given that this box sounds much bigger than the norm, given the tone of the message, my gut says that 3&4 are the pretenders and that #5 and #6 will be Counterpunch and Toxitron

CHILENO20
15th April 2017, 09:17 PM
Don't forget the 7th mystery figure as well

bowspearer
16th April 2017, 12:57 PM
Don't forget the 7th mystery figure as well

Indeed, that's what's making me think that in terms of space and possibly weight, that it'll be Toxitron in the final lot. If that is the case, I'd expect a 'leak' of the mystery figure via Taobao not long after 3 and 4 are officially revealed to keep us all hanging on. I'm personally hoping for a CW Quake.

bowspearer
21st April 2017, 02:33 PM
Called up last night because I hadn't received a tracking number - looks like the 2nd shipment is still being packed and will apparently mail out next week on the 27th.

griffin
28th April 2017, 04:34 AM
Yeah, I'd be really surprised if they sent out the two pretenders together. One will probably come out next and the other will be in the third shipment.

And I think the next shipment will have Toxitron, otherwise the third shipment would be pretty big with a pretender, a Voyager and a Deluxe.

Looks like I was wrong... as the word is (https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/137861-tfss-50-spoiler-thread-figs-3-4-arriving-27th-april/page-12#entry3494566), the two Pretenders are toys 3 & 4, leaving Toxitron, Counterpunch and the mystery Deluxe toy for the final shipment.

Krayt
28th April 2017, 08:33 AM
:(

Rats... As much as I wanted the pretenders, I want to pack away my CW collection so I have room for TR!

Oh well, only a month to go

Krayt
28th April 2017, 08:35 AM
Called up last night because I hadn't received a tracking number - looks like the 2nd shipment is still being packed and will apparently mail out next week on the 27th.

You actually get a tracking number sent to you?

griffin
28th April 2017, 11:41 AM
Photos of the second pair of toys (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-inhand-images-of-transformers-subscription-service-double-pretenders-optimus-prime-and-megatron/37948/), including images of the new accessory for Megatron that allows the targetmaster to attach to it for placing inside the pretender shell... which is the original Gen1 pretender shell for the Japanese Grand Maximus toy, so it is shaped to fit the "Cerebros" head.
There are also photos of their biocards as well.

ChlorHex
28th April 2017, 12:00 PM
Photos of the second pair of toys (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-inhand-images-of-transformers-subscription-service-double-pretenders-optimus-prime-and-megatron/37948/), including images of the new accessory for Megatron that allows the targetmaster to attach to it for placing inside the pretender shell... which is the original Gen1 pretender shell for the Japanese Grand Maximus toy, so it is shaped to fit the "Cerebros" head.
There are also photos of their biocards as well.

I've had no interest in these toys but after looking at the pics, I really want the Grand Max shell!

griffin
28th April 2017, 03:12 PM
If anyone here was on the installment plan, they sent out an email to say that they were charging people on Monday (about Tuesday our time), warning people to have money ready, or they might miss out on the last three toys.

reillyd
28th April 2017, 03:17 PM
That's lovely. Before they have even shipped out the 2nd set, they charge you for the third. Grr.... I'll be happy when they arrive safely, because I have my doubts about funpub.

griffin
28th April 2017, 05:26 PM
Well, they were late with sending out the second set... and they are trying to get these out quickly.

bowspearer
28th April 2017, 10:31 PM
Called it.

reillyd
1st May 2017, 03:13 PM
Well my package arrived in the US, and to reship is cost 39.99 with 4-5 business days couried delivery. Why funpub charged so much I'll never understand.

prjkt
2nd May 2017, 07:09 AM
Final payment taken overnight. Hopefully the second set arrives soon (first was within a week of the second payment from memory)

This subscription is probably the one of the last three that I'm not all that keen on all the figures, but I did want that last combiner...

I guess once I have the pretenders in hand it might be a different story

Civic Bossman
4th May 2017, 02:01 PM
Just got figures 3 and 4 delivered

bowspearer
4th May 2017, 10:00 PM
Figures 3 and 4 turned up and boy was Double Pretender Megatron a bit of a miss - never mind the fact that I think it's safe to say that he has the worst instructions for a Transformers figure ever.

Civic Bossman
4th May 2017, 10:04 PM
Figures 3 and 4 turned up and boy was Double Pretender Megatron a bit of a miss - never mind the fact that I think it's safe to say that he has the worst instructions for a Transformers figure ever.

The instructions are simply terrible.

bowspearer
4th May 2017, 10:16 PM

It's not just that - the whole thing is really poorly thought out - something made abundantly clear by how badly shoehorned and cobbled together the entire figure feels. Comparing this Optimus to this Megatron is like comparing chalk and cheese.

CHILENO20
4th May 2017, 10:20 PM

It's not just that - the whole thing is really poorly thought out - something made abundantly clear by how badly shoehorned and cobbled together the entire figure feels. Comparing this Optimus to this Megatron is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Think of it this way my fellow bots, if you have an original or reissue G1 Fort Max, Cerebros now can be a pretender like Grand Max :D

(May be a bit of a stretch I know)

griffin
5th May 2017, 12:26 AM
For what they were working with (a 30 year old toy), and probably a shorter time-frame (or just a rush job because they didn't have to care about losing future customers anymore), I think the result was very commendable, especially going to the effort of sculpting an accessory to allow for both Megatron and Spacewarp to fit inside the shell without rattling around loose.
I don't have mine yet, but I will value it like the Gorrilla shell they created and used twice now... because this was their way of outdoing themselves once again (from a new headmaster Scorponok in 2014 to a new pretender shell in 2015) - resurrecting a 30 year old mould in 2016, and getting TakaraTomy to produce a few hundred units of it for them... I can't even imagine what it took to make that happen.

bowspearer
5th May 2017, 04:01 PM
While I appreciate where you're coming from Griffin, it's pretty clear that because you haven't gotten your shipment yet, that you're arguing about the concept rather than the execution - which whatever way you slice it, clearly comes down to sloppiness and laziness on their part - that they clearly didn't care about losing people from a half-assed execution of what could have been an amazing figure.

We can all agree that the Legends Megatron mould was never designed for the Frand Maximus Pretender shell. We can all equally agree that trying to fit Megatron and Spacewarp into that pretender shell is akin to trying to fit a square peg into a round hole - to the point where to their credit, Fun Pub constructed a plate to try and get around the problem (too bad it's so loose that Spacewarp falls out of it most of the time).

I'm confident that we can all agree that if the plate has missiles mounted on it in one direction, that it is intended to be able to be mounted on Megatron and/or Spacewarp outside of the pretender shell.

We can also all agree that the designers at Fun Pub came up with a specific way for Megatron to fit into the Pretender Shell- at least we hope they did.

The problem is that going by the instructions, none of this is clear. Double Pretender Megatron is in even more need of instructions on how to fit the figure into the shell than Prime is. Fun Pub's instructions for fitting Megatron into the Pretender Shell were literally a cut and paste of the instructions for fitting Cerebros into the shell. There is no clear way of knowing just how Megatron is officially meant to fit into the shell - let alone that the plate is meantvto be used to attach Spacewarp to Megatron and slot both of them combined into the shell. As for the plate, why were missiles sculpted on it if it was only meant to be for inside the shell and if it is meant to ne mounted as a static missile emplacement, who is it meant for and where is it meant to go?

Clearly the instructions are the worst in the history of Transformers in that regard. So if it wasn't mere laziness and Fun Pub regarding their customers with contempt, why did noone catch the mistake and why did noone bother to correct it?

You can't tell me that noone would have seen the mistake had they actually compared the figure to the instructions.

Either way this is clearly a QC fail combined with laziness to the point of contemptuous indifference for their customers on Fun Pub's part.

Krayt
5th May 2017, 09:42 PM
This is where Twitter is your friend.... The official way is pretty damn good, and while not an actual nice position for the arms and legs of Megs, remember all the original pretenders were just "fold arms in narrow and shove in shell"

"official instructions" (https://mobile.twitter.com/JesseWittenrich/status/857749521190801409)

bowspearer
6th May 2017, 07:01 PM
Yeah I caught that tweet when I did some research, but unless you were up on the politics of Fub Pub in terms of who is who there, "Jesse Wittenrich" might as well me some 'John Smith' out there. It wasn't until you said it was "official" (I saw the images not through Twitter originally, but TFW2k5) and I went to the actual tweet, that I saw the name, researched who he was and then was able to recognise it as official.

I shouldn't need to do that much running around for an accurate set of instructions and if you want proof of that, just check out the Youtube reviews of Double Pretender Megatron where people aren't even sure what the plate is for. Never mind the fact that we still don't know how the plate is also meant to be mounted (why else are there those 2 missiles on it).

It's sloppy execution whichever way you slice it.

Krayt
6th May 2017, 07:38 PM
It's a homage to megatrons G1 gun.... Nothing more. Just wasn't able to keep the peg as a 5mm peg and allow it to do its job as a holder.

reillyd
6th May 2017, 11:47 PM
Peaugh has a video with very clear instructions, showing how easy it is to fit him in the shell (https://youtu.be/MWzRCdcSUAY)

I always get my transformation steps from a professional, rather than looking at videos by 'randoms', even when it's well intentioned

reillyd
10th May 2017, 05:16 PM
While I appreciate where you're coming from Griffin, it's pretty clear that because you haven't gotten your shipment yet, that you're arguing about the concept rather than the execution

Mine just arrived today, and I have to say I'm quite delighted with it. Megatron is awesome as a Pretender, and its nice to have a foe for MonkeyTrukk Optimus.

We can all agree that the Legends Megatron mould was never designed for the Frand Maximus Pretender shell.

I've done it twice thus far, and I'm not even bothering with the add on part. Its not like I'm going to be tossing the toy like a football, so it sits fine on the shelf. You just need to play around with him to get the transformation right (its not intuitive).

If you find you're disappointed with yours, I guarantee you can sell just the shell to people who want to repaint him for Cerebros and slap an autobot logo on.

Getting a toy mold that old for such a short production run must have taken some wrangler. I really hope it (and the BossFight Oilmaster MonkeyTrukk Prime shell) might spark some interest in a Pretender line at some point. I just can't get enough of Pretenders (so I may be completely biased here Bowspearer).

Out of the two molds though (and since I already have Oilmaster), I think Megatron is the best. It splits light a real Pretender shell did, rather than a backpack opening up. In fact, I'm going to dig out some of my old Pretender shells to display together.

I HEART Megatron

Krayt
10th May 2017, 06:53 PM
Peaugh has a video with very clear instructions, showing how easy it is to fit him in the shell (https://youtu.be/MWzRCdcSUAY)

I always get my transformation steps from a professional, rather than looking at videos by 'randoms', even when it's well intentioned

Ummm.... But Isn't Peaugh the "random" and Jessie the pro?

Krayt
11th May 2017, 02:54 PM
Looks like the final 3 are about to be sent!!! TFW peeps are reporting the shipping labels are in their USPS accounts...

So who's going to look for the Mystery figures ID, and who's going to run and hide for 2-3 weeks?

Although since playing Forged2Fight recently, i have realised we never got a Sideswipe to go with Sunstreaker....

Krayt
13th May 2017, 12:35 PM
There's a new rumour out... Still a seeker and non-us head.... But linked to 2008...

reillyd
13th May 2017, 06:25 PM
There's a new rumour out... Still a seeker and non-us head.... But linked to 2008...

RedWing. RedWing. RedWing!

Krayt
13th May 2017, 07:51 PM
RedWing. RedWing. RedWing!

No No No SNo GNo No SNo SNo No No No

bowspearer
13th May 2017, 09:19 PM

That's beside the point. If I buy a $10 Titan Master, I expect the instructions to be accurate and if by some weird coincidence, Hasbro were ever officially pressed on that, they would in all likelihood say that it was a reasonable expectation on my part. This isn't a mere $10 figure and it isn't even a mainstream release. This is a premium collectable which we're paying a premium price for. Why shouldn't I find it appalling that Fun Pub screwed up what Hasbro can get right on the most basic of figures - not by a mere accident, but by blatant negligence, laziness and contemptuous indifference?

You just need to play around with him to get the transformation right (its not intuitive).

Which is precisely my point - it isn't intuitive, which is all the more reason why the instructions sheet shouldn't have been some half-assed copy and paste which doesn't even bother to explain how to transform Megatron into his 'pretender' mode at all.

If you find you're disappointed with yours, I guarantee you can sell just the shell to people who want to repaint him for Cerebros and slap an autobot logo on.

Getting a toy mold that old for such a short production run must have taken some wrangler. I really hope it (and the BossFight Oilmaster MonkeyTrukk Prime shell) might spark some interest in a Pretender line at some point. I just can't get enough of Pretenders (so I may be completely biased here Bowspearer).

I think you are being more than a little biased in the sense of wearing rose coloured glasses. The fact is that I loved the concept from the getgo - in fact the two pretenders were the sole reason I signed up for TFSS 5.0. The concept in and of itself works and being able to make Tank Megatron work for a Pretender shell that was never designed for it is absolutely a masterstoke. However that's all the more reason why this laziness - to the point where I actually had to research how to transform a transformer on the internet because the instructions didn't even bother trying to explain it (just think about the insanity of having to actually do that for a minute), really does tarnish what should have been an amazing collecting experience.

The figure works, so I'll definitely hang onto it, however my opinion of Fun Pub at this point couldn't possibly get any lower.

prjkt
18th May 2017, 06:32 AM
Well it seems the identity of the seventh figure has been revealed...

Krayt
18th May 2017, 07:44 AM
Well it seems the identity of the seventh figure has been revealed...

Welp...

griffin
18th May 2017, 02:48 PM
For those wanting to find out the mystery figure (http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/05/17/final-tcc-subscription-service-figures-arriving-339118).
The hints were leading to Sunstorm, so I wonder if the clues were false, or just going by a certain, vague story perspective.
It isn't surprising that it is a mirrorverse character, as they managed to squeeze in a few toys in this final set from their three original story universes - pre-Beast Wars, post-Animated and Shattered Glass. Anyone else who does a toy of those themes (like the MP Shattered Glass Optimus last year) are homaging FunPub's input into the Transformers Universe.

The character (to me) just doesn't look right... it is the wrong alt-mode and robot mode... to me at least... so I just don't "feel" it.

Anyway, when it starts arriving at Australian houses, I guess we can talk more openly about it (but I doubt it, as there probably won't be anyone left who doesn't know who it is).

I wonder how many people here are getting this fifth subscription set. I wonder if it is even more than five.... and how many of those will be genuinely surprised when it arrives in a couple weeks time.

CHILENO20
18th May 2017, 03:20 PM
For those wanting to find out the mystery figure (http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/05/17/final-tcc-subscription-service-figures-arriving-339118).
The hints were leading to Sunstorm, so I wonder if the clues were false, or just going by a certain, vague story perspective.
It isn't surprising that it is a mirrorverse character, as they managed to squeeze in a couple of toys in this final set from their two original story universes - pre-Beast Wars, post-Animated and Shattered Glass. Anyone else who does a toy of those themes (like the MP Shattered Glass Optimus last year) are homaging FunPub's input into the Transformers Universe.

The character (to me) just doesn't look right... it is the wrong alt-mode and robot mode... to me at least... so I just don't "feel" it.

Anyway, when it starts arriving at Australian houses, I guess we can talk more openly about it (but I doubt it, as there probably won't be anyone left who doesn't know who it is).

I wonder how many people here are getting this fifth subscription set. I wonder if it is even more than five.... and how many of those will be genuinely surprised when it arrives in a couple weeks time.

I couldn't wait so I had to find out. I'll admit it definitely surprised me as I thought the same (regarding Sunstorm). I'm happy with it though I may use it as something else and not the character it's meant to be. :)

reillyd
18th May 2017, 04:34 PM

When I read it on Allspark, I thought it was a fan prank (its not April!), especially after reading the bio. Its like it was the mirror-reverse of who that character is.

So thanks Griffin for pointing out its Shattered Glass - I was in complete disbelief and it didn't occur to me it would be that timeline.

But I'm really kinda bummed that its not Sunstorm. I bought a set of Skydives, and am already making a Combiner Wars Redwing (who I had hoped might be the mystery one too if Sunstorm fell through). I'm going to have to do a gold Sunstorm now too.

Deonasis
18th May 2017, 06:18 PM
Seeing the final images it just rams home that FunPub were never that good with the paint layout. Some figures they released were beautiful but a lot weren't. IMO the mystery figure sadly applies good colours in a poor way.

bowspearer
21st May 2017, 06:33 PM
Actually, looking at the 7th figure, I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully this doesn't go into spoiler territory, but I can see where they're coming from. The character in question of course a mirrorverse character whose initial colour scheme was an homage to a regular character. What strikes me is that they seem to have taken a Unicron Trilogy homage to this regular character and applied its colour scheme to the mirrorverse character in question - almost as if it were a Combiner Wars version of this Unicron Trilogy Character. I'll clarify this once it's deemed safe to do so.

Krayt
22nd May 2017, 11:19 AM
Actually, looking at the 7th figure, I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully this doesn't go into spoiler territory, but I can see where they're coming from. The character in question of course a mirrorverse character whose initial colour scheme was an homage to a regular character. What strikes me is that they seem to have taken a Unicron Trilogy homage to this regular character and applied its colour scheme to the mirrorverse character in question - almost as if it were a Combiner Wars version of this Unicron Trilogy Character. I'll clarify this once it's deemed safe to do so.

Apparently there are 2 SG universes.... the one started in 2008, and a G1 cartoon inspired one with different personalities that was in the JoeCon convention comic....

prjkt
22nd May 2017, 07:45 PM
Apparently there are 2 SG universes.... the one started in 2008, and a G1 cartoon inspired one with different personalities that was in the JoeCon convention comic....

Shattered-shattered Glass?

Fig 7 is kinda meh for me but I'm looking forward to the other two and completing wreckage.

bowspearer
22nd May 2017, 09:12 PM

So which one is the 7th figure from?

bowspearer
22nd May 2017, 09:22 PM
Also, I just checked my tracking for the third shipment and it looks like it's currently in transit from Dubai (presumably a stopover or something). I'd be surprised if we don't have them by the end of the week.

reillyd
22nd May 2017, 11:10 PM
So which one is the 7th figure from?

Seems to be the 2008, but I wondered if earlier in continuity because Megatron should be Galvatron.

Either that or they were just phoning the bio details in. Look at the instructions for the Pretender.

Krayt
23rd May 2017, 12:59 PM
No, fig 7 is all alone in the new G1/Sunbow SG universe...

And again BowS... how'd you get tracking numbers?

prjkt
23rd May 2017, 01:16 PM
No, fig 7 is all alone in the new G1/Sunbow SG universe...

And again BowS... how'd you get tracking numbers?

I think he had the more expensive shipping option

griffin
23rd May 2017, 03:59 PM
Backtracking a bit to figure 3 & 4...

Subscription Optimus and Megatron are in the middle, with their original versions next to them - Gen1 Grand (Maximus) is on the far left, while BotCon 2015 Oilmaster is on the far right.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/d579.jpg

The gorilla shell, for those who don't know, was solicited by FunPublications two years ago as a brand new Pretender shell, some 26 years after the last Pretender shell was produced and sold by Hasbro and Takara.
It is based on an unproduced Double Pretender Shell that was seen with two different decos - red/grey (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Double_Pretender_Gorilla_Grey_Red.jpg), and dark grey/brown (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Double_Pretender_Gorilla_Brown_Gunmetal.jpg) - both of which FunPub managed to replicate before the end of their run with Transformers.
The inner robots for those unproduced Pretender shells (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Double_Pretender#Unreleased) were never known, and I personally don't know if they were originally intended to be "double" Pretenders (as the tfwiki article notes "combiner" but that could be like the Pretender Monsters with single inner bots that combine), or if that was what FunPub decided to turn them into.
And as I had come to realise in a facebook posting on these two toys (https://www.facebook.com/griffinofoz/posts/421035538263912), the JP Pretender shell was just the third time a 1980s mould was used in the 23 year history of the Club and endorsed Conventions, and the first/only use of a Japanese exclusive 1980s mould (that I know of). The first two were G2 Breakdown in 1994 (which wasn't really sought after by the BotCon team so doesn't count as an achievement), and the Nebulan head for BotCon 2014 Scorponok (which was actually a modified Spike head from the recently reissued Fortress Maximus toy). That's pretty impressive, because that probably took a lot of effort to achieve.

Krayt
24th May 2017, 08:44 AM
The inner robots for those unproduced Pretender shells (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Double_Pretender#Unreleased) were never known, and I personally don't know if they were originally intended to be "double" Pretenders (as the tfwiki article notes "combiner" but that could be like the Pretender Monsters with single inner bots that combine), or if that was what FunPub decided to turn them into.

Here is the interview that you use to extrapolate the double pretenders being 2 bots into the "spider" shell, and likewise the ape shell.

http://obscuretf.com/hhk/BC04interviews.html

Read the middle of page 2

griffin
24th May 2017, 01:17 PM
Here is the interview that you use to extrapolate the double pretenders being 2 bots into the "spider" shell, and likewise the ape shell.

http://obscuretf.com/hhk/BC04interviews.html

Read the middle of page 2

I wonder why I never saw (or read) that before. That has a few nuggets of info in it that was news to me.

Krayt
25th May 2017, 08:31 AM
Ok people...... THAT'S A WRAP!!!

Aka... THEY'RE HERE!!!!

What the hell funpub..... MODULUS???

Looks like, no ones opened 7s instructions... Coz no-one has mentioned the suggested combiner.... Ratchet, rook, Medix, Scattorshot and 7

Griffin, can you make Modulus up when your box arrives

bowspearer
25th May 2017, 12:27 PM
I think he had the more expensive shipping option

No, cheaper shipping this time, but I selected insurance, meaning that I think they went with a trackable "LZ" tracking number, rather than an untrackable "LC" one.

CHILENO20
25th May 2017, 12:28 PM
Got mine :D Man it's awesome!

prjkt
25th May 2017, 01:03 PM
Excellent - I should be getting mine soon too.

I recap reading something about Modulus on Seibertron I think?

Krayt
25th May 2017, 01:11 PM
No, cheaper shipping this time, but I selected insurance, meaning that I think they went with a trackable "LZ" tracking number, rather than an untrackable "LC" one.

So did i... but not once got tracking. Got the insurance coz they said they would not fix or replace any bots without it...

griffin
25th May 2017, 02:44 PM
Looks like, no ones opened 7s instructions... Coz no-one has mentioned the suggested combiner.... Ratchet, rook, Medix, Scattorshot and 7

I wonder if that combo is story related, or if it is the left over limbs to partner up with a Voyager who had no team.

Looking at mine, you will still have one Hasbro Voyager and one Deluxe spare (if you got every different one from Hasbro)... and you will still have the one JP Voyager spare too (Grand Scourge).
I guess if the Club had been operating this year we might have ended up with several more redeco Deluxes, as I would need another 7 to complete the last two Voyagers (or just three if you are only dealing with the Hasbro Combiner toys).

Krayt
25th May 2017, 06:15 PM
I wonder if that combo is story related, or if it is the left over limbs to partner up with a Voyager who had no team.

Looking at mine, you will still have one Hasbro Voyager and one Deluxe spare (if you got every different one from Hasbro)... and you will still have the one JP Voyager spare too (Grand Scourge).
I guess if the Club had been operating this year we might have ended up with several more redeco Deluxes, as I would need another 7 to complete the last two Voyagers (or just three if you are only dealing with the Hasbro Combiner toys).

Grand scourge doesn't count in my CW.... But anyway he has a set of Butkus limbs here...

Scattorshot has a set of Computron limbs....

And I did a proper magnaboss...

So I have 6 leftover limbs and 2 bodies.... Rook, alpha b, Offroad, terrorsaur, that's galvatronus done...,

7 and still sealed Botcon ratchet can go sit with prime...

griffin
25th May 2017, 08:43 PM
Grand scourge doesn't count in my CW.... But anyway he has a set of Butkus limbs here...

Scattorshot has a set of Computron limbs....

And I did a proper magnaboss...

So I have 6 leftover limbs and 2 bodies.... Rook, alpha b, Offroad, terrorsaur, that's galvatronus done...,

7 and still sealed Botcon ratchet can go sit with prime...

The Scattershot that was sold on its own didn't have Technobot limbs, so I was using it for various Club Deluxe limbs (currently has Fractyl, Bluestreak and Impactor).

I guess if you are only looking at Hasbro toys, and include the BW Magnaboss trio (Voyager Silverbolt, DLX Ironhide, DLX Prowl), it would leave you with one spare Voyager and a combiner missing a limb.

When the last three Subscription toys arrive, I will do up some photos and do a complete rundown of all the different Hasbro and TakaraTomy Combiners.
When they do get here, I will have 17 full Hasbro combiners with one Voyager and one Deluxe spare... and 10 full TakaraTomy combiners with one Voyager spare.

Paul Agnew
29th May 2017, 01:18 PM
Final TFSS 5.0 shipment arrived today. So sad, so sad. :(

Sinnertwin
29th May 2017, 03:54 PM
What's with the Voldomort'ing?

bowspearer
29th May 2017, 07:23 PM
I got mine today and all I can say is.... ugh.

The fin began when my plan to have 2 salvageable sealed set with a decent mailer box went out the window when some idiot slapped the invoice envelope sticker down on the lower box- even at the end, it never ceases to amaze how a collector's club can't get their head around collector expectations of packing or that some people are getting multiples to keep things sealed where the packaging matters as much as the figures. When I wind up having to damage cardboard to remove tape- all because they're too stingy to put the mailers in a larger posting box, then it just goes to show that Hasbro taking the reigns will be a massive improvement.

With the exception of Toxitron, the other two are honestly so so. The deco on Counterpunch is ok, but there's a problem with getting the chestplate to lock in place in vehicle mode which isn't there on Breakdown.

Then there's the 7th figure which I don't know if we're still treating as a spoiler, but there are issues. I can see what they were aiming for with the deco, but the white is too bright imho and throws the whole thing off - a slightly dull white would have looked so much better.

As for Modulus- really Funpub?

You're making the requirements for it 2 copies of the 2016 custom class figure (guessing we're not talking about TT Ratchet in those instructions). How many people are even going to be able to make that combiner?

Seriously, why not Alpha Bravo or Offroad, given that the official combination for Wreckage is apparently Toxitron, Bluestreak, Impactor, Fractyl and Counterpunch?

Honestly, at this point, bring on the new Hasbro club.

prjkt
30th May 2017, 07:34 PM
My version of Modulus is Scattershot for the torso, Groove and Wildrider (or whatever his name is now) for legs and Fig 7/Alpha Bravo for the arms

CHILENO20
30th May 2017, 07:46 PM
I'm making my version of Betatron. Use Scattershot as the body, the 7th figure whom I've repurposed as Rescaté for the right arm, Dogfight as the weapon and two of the customs I've done (Highjump and Slapdash) as the legs. Will hopefully soon start working on the final custom for the left arm.

griffin
9th July 2017, 10:23 PM
Ok people...... THAT'S A WRAP!!!

Aka... THEY'RE HERE!!!!

What the hell funpub..... MODULUS???

Griffin, can you make Modulus up when your box arrives

I came across this old topic while looking for something else, so thought I had better respond (eventually) to the query.

Walky on the Allspark site posted up his version of Modulus (https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/137861-tfss-50-spoiler-thread-final-figures-arriving-17th-may/page-32#entry3509882), but it included the Gen2 Ratchet, instead of a Gen1 Hasbro Ratchet (as per the instructions that you can see at that Allspark link)... here is one I put together tonight.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/e723.jpg

For those like me who are unfamiliar with Combiner Modulus, it was the "possible suggestion" on the instructions for the Subscription SG Starscream toy, made up of Scattershot (single pack version), Gen1 Ratchet (Custom Class or JP version), Rook (for those who bought the Groove toy and had Rook left over from the Defensor combiner), Medix (BotCon 2016 custom class toy), and Shattered Glass Starscream (Subscription toy).
Surprisingly, TFwiki doesn't actually have a page for Modulus yet, even though I would have thought it was probably some of their team would have been involved in the Subscription toy universe, like they do with other Club stories and characters.
But I did find this regular wiki page (https://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/Modulus_(Transformers)) with some info on this (final?) combiner.

What's with the Voldomort'ing?

Well, now that these toys are out, and any Australians on the subscription service should now have them, the fifth subscription series had (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Figure_Subscription_Service)...
- Lifeline (w/ Quickslinger), Fractyl & Scorponok
- Optimus Prime (w/ HiQ & shell), Megatron (w/ Spacewarp & shell)
- Toxitron (forms Wreckage), Counterpunch, SG Starscream (the mystery toy)

I should do a group photo of the set, as I haven't been able to find one online yet. I guess by the time this whole FunPub drama dragged out to a last gasp, there weren't too many people who cared anymore.

griffin
10th July 2017, 07:15 PM
The group photo of Series 5 Subscription toys...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/e724.jpg