PDA

View Full Version : October Q's for Hasbro (closes 5th Oct).

griffin
1st October 2008, 02:13 AM
First month up, and because today is the first of October, we are allowed to submit our first 20 questions on the 10th. Please post your questions by the 5th, to give me enough time to sort and check out the best ones, and to converse with anyone who posted something that needs or could be reworded.
Make sure you read the 'Rules' posting before you post your questions.

Soundwarp
1st October 2008, 06:30 AM
I'll ask all my questions to you in person, too much reading in the rules :p

TheDirtyDigger
1st October 2008, 09:18 AM
Q: Would Hasbro consider doing an Australian and/or international themed figure and/or line of Tf's?

(Please rephrase my question to make it more palatable if need be).

i_amtrunks
1st October 2008, 09:32 AM
Are Hasbro planning to release any "preview" figures for the second Transformers movie, ala Protoform Optimus and Starscream?

TheDirtyDigger
1st October 2008, 10:10 AM
Q: Anecdotal evidence suggests poor quality control seems to be becoming more and more of a problem with each subsequent line. Are Hasbro aware of these problems and, if yes, are there any plans to rectify this?

griffin
1st October 2008, 12:51 PM
That's a good way of putting QC as a question, to have a better chance of getting a responce (by asking if they are aware of it instead of accusing them of doing it).

TheDirtyDigger
1st October 2008, 01:12 PM
Q: Without being specific, are there any future Machine Men homages being talked about as was done with the Fracture/Crasher figure?

Paulbot
1st October 2008, 01:39 PM
Are there plans for a global competition next year along the lines of the one run for My Little Pony's 25th Anniversary?

jaydisc
1st October 2008, 01:51 PM
We have received varying responses from Hasbro Australia as to the availability of Movie Premium toys. Is there any updated information or schedule for the release of these items in Australia?

Specifically,

Leader class
Optimus & Megatron

Voyager class
Blackout & Ironhide

Deluxe class
Bumblebee, Jazz and Barricade sighted at TRU AND David Jones. Thanks Kurdt.

Also, does Hasbro Australia hope to make available the 3rd and 4th Movie Screen Battles: The Capture of Bumblebee and Desert Attack and if so, when?

jaydisc
1st October 2008, 02:09 PM
Also...

What about Universe SDCC Nemesis Prime?

swoop
1st October 2008, 02:13 PM
Is there any plans for hasbro aus to have an online store like hasbro us where australian collectors can get exclusives like the recently previewed classics overkill, dragstrip and figures not picked up by australian stores?

griffin
1st October 2008, 03:01 PM
Is there any plans for hasbro aus to have an online store like hasbro us where australian collectors can get exclusives like the recently previewed classics overkill, dragstrip and figures not picked up by australian stores?

The Star Wars FAQ covers that (the link was in the 'rules' post)

Hasbro Australia has been discussing the idea of an online outlet for HasbroShop.com here in Australia for some time. Hasbro Australia does not have any firm plans to look into this kind of venture for the next 12-18months.

But a question you could ask is if there is any other way we can get in a 'collector quantity' of toys not released in Australian retail stores, either through Hasbro AUS or with their help through an independant toy importer.

sifun
1st October 2008, 03:17 PM
Are there any plans to bring over more Japanese takara exclusives? The likes of Mp04 etc.

jaydisc
1st October 2008, 03:55 PM
Are there any plans to bring over more Japanese takara exclusives? The likes of Mp04 etc.

Great question in light of pending MP2/6 re-releases.

iceburn
1st October 2008, 03:57 PM
On the MP note..could it be an add-on asking about the defects of MP04 that was never answered when i sent an email to them a "WHILE" ago...

kurdt_the_goat
1st October 2008, 04:47 PM
I'd like to know when the 25th Anniversary toys (Hound, Cyclonus etc) will start being released in Australia.

Vector Sigma 13
1st October 2008, 08:19 PM
Q: Anecdotal evidence suggests poor quality control seems to be becoming more and more of a problem with each susequent line. Are Hasbro aware of these problems and, if yes, are there any plans to rectify this?

Ditto.

MV75
2nd October 2008, 11:23 AM
1. Will Hasbro consider an Australian based TFCC?

2. Is there any way we can get robot points going again to get exclusive toys not released in stores? That could also include toys that arn't going to see a general release here so no special production runs would be neccesary, although, they would be nice.

3. Would it be possible, if Hasbro does open an online store, to work closer with the current TFCC and allow some of their exclusives, such as the recent piranacon? That is, if an Australian based TFCC is not formed.

4. Possibility of an Australian Botcon? It could even be a general Hasbro convention spanning all of their toylines.

5. Regarding toy instructions, I find the original G1 style of instructions, which also give written descriptions in each transformation sequence, far far easier to follow than the current picture only instructions. With the modern toylines, being more and more complex to transform, could these be seen to be reviewed to make it easier for the general consumer?

6. With the advances that Lego has had in their Technic range and also the mecha-like and popular exoforce series which can all create fully transformable vehicles if engineered correctly, (the parts in their catalog are more than capable of fully articulated robots), would a series of Lego transformers be considered?

Soundwarp
3rd October 2008, 06:15 AM
4. Possibility of an Australian Botcon? It could even be a general Hasbro convention spanning all of their toylines.

+1

GoktimusPrime
5th October 2008, 07:29 PM
Q: Are the plastic bubbles on carded figures made from recyclable plastic?

Tommy K
6th October 2008, 05:28 PM
darn a day late, ah well i only wanted to ask them this question

will there be any more anniversary beastwars toys comming out?

roller
9th October 2008, 06:29 PM
Q:
Can we have all the Original Transformers Toy commercials released on DVD?

jaydisc
9th October 2008, 06:57 PM
This round is closed folks.

griffin
10th October 2008, 03:08 PM
Just emailed in the first submission to Hasbro.
The following are the 20 Qs sent in. Apologies to anyone who feel that their reworded question misses the point of their original wording. I did contact people I did major re-writes to, and if you feel your question is not being properly asked, resubmit it in the next month. Any questions missing this month will be carried over to the next month (posted in the first topic).

1 - Are there any plans for a global competition next year for Transformers 25th, along the lines of the one run for My Little Pony's 25th Anniversary?
-
2 - Would Hasbro US consider doing an 'international themed' line (or redecos) of Tf's, and include at least an Australian themed/redeco toy?
-
3 - Are the plastic bubbles on carded figures made from plastic that can be recycled?
-
4 - Are Hasbro aware of the noticeable increase in quality control issues (weak plastic, messy paint aps, etc) being found by collectors and even reported to Hasbro Customer service in the past, and if so, are there plans to rectify the problem or is this just a result of sourcing more affordable production methods to offset higher production costs (and as such, won't be changing any time soon)?
-
5 - Are there any plans to bring over more Japanese Takara exclusives, like Masterpiece Convoy and Ultra Magnus?
-
6 - Are we likely to see more Machine Men/Gobots homages, like the Fracture/Crasher figure?
-
7 - Is there an update on the creation of a Hasbro AUS online store, as it was last mentioned at Toyfair to be likely by the end of this year or early next year?
-
8 - Is there any way we can get in a 'collector quantity' (couple hundred) of the toys not released in Australian retail stores, either directly through Hasbro AUS or through an independant toy importer with Hasbro AUS's help?
-
9 - Is it possible to have an Australian-based Official Collector Club, or does the Official one in America cover all international jurisdictions, preventing a local one?
-
10 - Regarding toy instructions, I find the original G1 style of instructions, which also give written descriptions in each transformation sequence, far far easier to follow than the current picture only instructions. With the modern TFs toys, being more and more complex to transform, could this be passed on and reviewed by Hasbro US, to help make it easier for the general consumer?
-
11 - With the advances that Lego has had in their Technic range and also the mecha-like and popular exoforce series which can all create fully transformable vehicles if engineered correctly, (the parts in their catalog are more than capable of fully articulated robots), would a series of licensed Lego transformers be considered, as opposed to Hasbro's own attempts at competing with Lego with its own version in the past?
-
12 - Are robot points ever going to be seen or used again?
-
13 - Will the Universe Special Edition toys (Optimus, Megatron, Dragstrip, Overkill) be a general release in Australia, available to all stores, or be a store exclusive, and what sort of approximate price range can we expect?
-
14 - The 25th Optimus toy is being released here in late November, will more of the 25th wave of the Universe product line (deluxe, legend, etc) start shipping at that time as well?
-
15 - What will Hasbro Australia be doing this year to prevent a repeat of last year's shortage of Transformers toys last Christmas, which saw empty shelves in most stores from November to late January, (because of Hasbro America under-estimating their own demand, preventing retailers here and in other countries from being able to rely on supply from their Hasbro branches)?
-
16 - Was Hasbro AUS aware of all the Target Exclusive MP04 Masterpiece Convoys found to have missing parts, that were even emailed to Customer Service (without reply)? Were they excess stock from TakaraTomy, which could have included returned stock from JP retailers because they were defective/missing parts?
-
17 - Do you know if TakaraTomy are going to continue releasing reissues in their Encore line, or how long they plan to continue that series?
-
18 - What is the inspiration (if any) behind the vehicle modes chosen for the Marvel Crossover Transformers?
-
19 - Are any of the following US store exclusives being released in AUS stores?
Optimus Prime Vs Crumplezone (CYB Leader Vs Voyager repack) (US Costco/AUS unknown)
Battle for the Cyber Planet Keys (Deluxe 5-pack - repack) (US Sam's Club/AUS unknown)
Freeway Brawl (Battle Scene 2-pack) (US Target/AUS unknown)
Battle Over Mission City (Battle Scene 2-pack) (US Target/AUS unknown)
Bulkhead (Voyager) w/ Autobot Jazz (BBat) (repacks) (US unknown/AUS unknown)
Optimus Prime (Voyager) w/ Autobot Ratchet (BBat) (repacks) (US unknown/AUS unknown)
Animated Optimus Prime Vs Blackarachnia (Deluxe repacks) (US Walmart/AUS unknown)
Animated Prowl Vs Megatron (Deluxe repacks) (US Walmart/AUS unknown)
Stealth Lockdown (redeco) w/ Optimus Prime & Bumblebee (Leg repacks) (US Target/AUS unknown)
Rescue Ratchet (redeco) w/ Prowl & Starscream (Leg repacks) (US Target/AUS unknown)
Gunbarrel (Basic Decepticon) (US Target/AUS unknown) (EN Tank)
Decepticon Reverb (Basic Decepticon) (US Target/AUS unknown) (EN Jet)
Backtrack (Basic Autobot) (US Target/AUS unknown) (CYB Motorcycle)
-
20 - Have any of the following AUS release details changed since the last update?
The Legacy of Bumblebee (3xDeluxe Autobot) (US Walmart/AUS Kmart Sep/Oct)
Crankcase (Deluxe Decepticon) (US Walmart/not here)
Decepticon Fracture (Deluxe Decepticon)(US Walmart/not here)
Breakaway (Deluxe Autobot)(US Walmart/not here)
War Within Grimlock (Titanium Autobot) (US TRU/not here)
War Within Prowl (Titanium Autobot) (US TRU/not here)
Bulkhead (Leader) w/ Bumblebee (Act) (repacks) (US TRU/AUS TRU Oct)
Megatron (Leader) w/ Starscream (Act) (repacks) (US TRU/AUS TRU Oct)
Unicron w/ Dead End (Supreme 'Decepticon' - repack) (US TRU/not here)
Nemesis Prime (Universe/Classics Voyager Decepticon) (US SDCC/AUS maybe in 2009)
Skywarp (Titanium Decepticon) (US SDCC/not here)
Minicon 12-pack (US Kmart/AUS Kmart Oct)
Leadership Team/Special Team Leaders (Legends 5-pack) (US Target/AUS Target Oct)
Aerial Rivals Team (Legends 5-pack) (US Target/AUS Target Oct)
Standoff Beneath the Streets (Comic 2-pack) (US Target/AUS TRU Sep)
Autobot Ambush (Comic 2-pack) (US Target/AUS TRU Sep)
Optimus Prime Vs Megatron (Classics 2-pack repack) (US KB/not here)
Premium Ironhide (Movie Voyager) (Not here)
Premium Blackout (Movie Voyager) (Not here)
Premium Megatron (Movie Leader) (Not here)
Premium Optimus Prime (Movie Leader) (Not here)

Some of those questions are fishing to see what scope we have with this, but most should get some sort of answer, even if it is a partial answer limited by what they are allowed to publically admit to.
Fingers crossed though. Hopefully we get a response within a week or two. I'll disceminate the answers here and the relevant news sections when I do get them.

jaydisc
10th October 2008, 03:10 PM
8 - Is there any way we can get in a 'collector quantity' (couple hundred) of the toys not released in Australian retail stores, either directly through Hasbro AUS or through an independant toy importer with Hasbro AUS's help?

This is a great idea. Boy that would be awesome. But I suspect highly improbable.

Paulbot
10th October 2008, 03:13 PM
This is a great idea. Boy that would be awesome. But I suspect highly improbable.

SDCC Alternator Nemesis Prime and Rodimus both made it here in these kind of small numbers to limited stores...

griffin
10th October 2008, 03:18 PM
Exactly. There were about 200 Alt Rodimus toys imported to Toyworlds in Brisbane. I want to get that sort of thing happening with all other figures not released here. I probably should have mentioned this precident in the Qs submission, so that they don't just dismiss it lightly.

jaydisc
10th October 2008, 03:36 PM
My bad. My reaction was to the 'direct from Hasbro' part. I missed the indy shop part.

griffin
10th October 2008, 04:17 PM
No probs, as I'd prefer to go through Hasbro, as it would probably be cheaper and easier to source items direct from the source.

jaydisc
10th October 2008, 04:25 PM
Perhaps you just need to setup the appropriate business entity Griffin, making yourself, or OTCA, THE indy shop. :cool:

Kyle
10th October 2008, 09:47 PM
Perhaps you just need to setup the appropriate business entity Griffin, making yourself, or OTCA, THE indy shop. :cool:

Great idea! :D

Golden Phoenix
11th October 2008, 01:59 PM
Nice list of questions.

19 - Are any of the following US store exclusives being released in AUS stores?
Optimus Prime (Voyager) w/ Autobot Ratchet (BBat) (repacks) (US unknown/AUS unknown)
When were these announced? I haven't heard of them. Are the Universe or Animated?

Pulse
11th October 2008, 04:34 PM

When were these announced? I haven't heard of them. Are the Universe or Animated?

The Animated Voyagers/BBat's 2-packs were stumbled across here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/185449-hasbro-website-instructions-hint-more-value-combos-voyager-w-bumper-battlers.html) while Gunbarrel, Reverb & Backtrack are Movie Allspark scout repaints (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/in-package-images-of-transforers-movie-breakaway-reverb-backtrack-and-gunbarrel-165095/) :)

Golden Phoenix
11th October 2008, 08:23 PM
The Animated Voyagers/BBat's 2-packs were stumbled across here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/185449-hasbro-website-instructions-hint-more-value-combos-voyager-w-bumper-battlers.html) while Gunbarrel, Reverb & Backtrack are Movie Allspark scout repaints (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/in-package-images-of-transforers-movie-breakaway-reverb-backtrack-and-gunbarrel-165095/) :)

I remember the Scouts now, not the voyager ones though.
Thanks though

reillyd
14th October 2008, 03:38 PM
I only just discovered this thread, and that's an awesome line up of questions for Hasbro to answer. Some sites are starting to post replies, so I can't wait to see what was answered.

liegeprime
15th October 2008, 10:31 AM
3 - Are the plastic bubbles on carded figures made from plastic that can be recycled?
-
4 - Are Hasbro aware of the noticeable increase in quality control issues (weak plastic, messy paint aps, etc) being found by collectors and even reported to Hasbro Customer service in the past, and if so, are there plans to rectify the problem or is this just a result of sourcing more affordable production methods to offset higher production costs (and as such, won't be changing any time soon)?

6 - Are we likely to see more Machine Men/Gobots homages, like the Fracture/Crasher figure?
-
7 - Is there an update on the creation of a Hasbro AUS online store, as it was last mentioned at Toyfair to be likely by the end of this year or early next year?
-
9 - Is it possible to have an Australian-based Official Collector Club, or does the Official one in America cover all international jurisdictions, preventing a local one?
-

11 - With the advances that Lego has had in their Technic range and also the mecha-like and popular exoforce series which can all create fully transformable vehicles if engineered correctly, (the parts in their catalog are more than capable of fully articulated robots), would a series of licensed Lego transformers be considered, as opposed to Hasbro's own attempts at competing with Lego with its own version in the past?

Of the questions, these are the ones I'm keen to see Hasbro answer. Particularly 11, that would be awesome combining my two biggest collections together :D

Golden Phoenix
15th October 2008, 11:16 AM
Of the questions, these are the ones I'm keen to see Hasbro answer. Particularly 11, that would be awesome combining my two biggest collections together :D

Tell me about. Lego Transformers would send me completely broke.

1orion2many
19th October 2008, 08:37 PM
:confused:Have we got the October Q's answered and posted up somewhere or are they still on their way:confused:.

griffin
20th October 2008, 02:36 AM
Haven't got em yet, but with four times as many Qs, it might be a while.

Tommy K
23rd October 2008, 04:10 PM
well, itll be good to see my question answered by christmas lol