PDA

View Full Version : Titans Return toys arriving in Australia

Paulbot
19th May 2016, 07:14 PM
Sighting from Sharky today at ToyMate

Wave 1 Titan Returns Legend Class toys for $19.99 each

Full wave of Wheelie, Stripes and Rewind.

Photo by Sharky, shared with his permission.

Wheelie say find friends today!

http://i.imgur.com/rtySfDx.jpg

CHILENO20
19th May 2016, 07:26 PM
Me Chileno20 say we are on our way!

Mr_K
19th May 2016, 07:53 PM
Awesome!

griffin
19th May 2016, 08:06 PM
Lucky for those in Sydney... as Toymate only has 8 stores and they are all in or around Sydney (http://www.toymate.com.au/stores).
I imagine that they get their stock from Hasbro Australia, so the toys should be showing up at other Retailers soon as well.

griffin
20th May 2016, 07:16 AM
Sharky has posted up some photos of Wheelie on our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ozformers/photos/a.219582631413796.56002.214419758596750/1212486142123435/?type=3&permPage=1).

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2016/052001.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2016/052006.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2016/052002.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2016/052003.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2016/052004.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2016/052005.jpg

BigTransformerTrev
20th May 2016, 01:53 PM
I'm liking the look of the new Wheelie. I've got the Universe version but didn't feel the robot mode was good enough for a CHUG representation, and I missed out on the GDO version. This one will fill the gap nicely. :)

Amazing they have shown up here, I haven't even seen them for preorder with the US online stores yet.

VERT
20th May 2016, 02:59 PM
Just found them at toymate

millhouse
20th May 2016, 04:25 PM
Any chance someone can nab me a Wheelie? We don't have Toymate in WA. Happy to pay postage and transfer funds via PayPal. Packaging doesn't need to be great as it will be opened - just preferably no significant slop on the figure itself (visible on shelf anyway!).

Krayt
20th May 2016, 06:36 PM
Saw a pic of Fort Max in a stock cage on Facebook.... WA Myers Apparantly.... And damn, the one week I'm not working in Perth!

GoktimusPrime
20th May 2016, 06:46 PM
Baulko Toymate is sold out but they had lots at Top Ryde.

(sorry millhouse, didn't notice this thread until just now)

mentok27
20th May 2016, 07:45 PM
Look what a mate of mine just spotted in the myer store in Perth city

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo170/mindtaker27/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5bxln0ai.jpeg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/mindtaker27/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5bxln0ai.jpeg.html)

Borgeman
20th May 2016, 07:47 PM
Look what a mate of mine just spotted in the myer store in Perth city

How much?

doublespy
20th May 2016, 07:48 PM
Can't wait for the comments on the American boards!:p

What do they charge for a Fort Max at Myer?

BruiseLee
20th May 2016, 07:50 PM
Wow! Wasn't expecting to see these on the shelves this soon. :eek:

So I'm assuming this has the Myer premium price?

mentok27
20th May 2016, 07:54 PM
A laughable $360

DELTAprime
20th May 2016, 07:55 PM
Well I only need to find one of these guys as I have three of them on preorder at HLJ (well the TT versions anyway).

Frot Max is in the Big W computer for $250, if you want to get the Hasbro version that's a better price than Myer's.

Handsprime
20th May 2016, 07:56 PM
$360? Primus I don't know if this is Myer overcharging or Perth's oddity to have more expensive transformers (seriously your toyworld's are charging $40 for Deluxes)

CHILENO20
20th May 2016, 08:05 PM
A laughable $360

What a joke! Go to PC and get the TT version for $240. I'm glad I did.

Bidoofdude
20th May 2016, 08:40 PM
$360 for Fort Max is laughable. Go home Myer. Hopefully at least Target, Big W or even TRU will get him at a reasonable price. Why do they expect these things to move at such a price?

On the bright side Wheelie and Rewind look great, will pick up asap when they hit here.

JustOwen
20th May 2016, 08:48 PM
Nothing at Myer Brisbane CBD but the staff however managed to find 5 Fort Max at Chermside Myer for 360 bucks. There is 20 percent discount at Myer this weekend.

Harbinger
21st May 2016, 09:23 AM
Well this makes me want to go hunting, even if I can't afford it for the moment.

Jaxius._
21st May 2016, 11:50 AM
Place your bets on how much Stripes will shelfwarm!

Honestly I'm passing on the animals. Unless Steeljaw and Ramhorn come out as impressive... Ravage and Buzzsaw (redecoes etc) look quite bad

prjkt
21st May 2016, 11:59 AM
I'm actually going to pick up Stripes and Lazerbeak and not Wheelie (only because I've got the Takara version on preorder) - I just want character completion

GoktimusPrime
21st May 2016, 06:19 PM
A laughable $360
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_spitdrink-1.gif That's more than what I paid for my G1 Fort Max, Brave Max or Encore Fort Max! :eek:
So an additional $110~120 impatience tax. :eek:

prjkt
21st May 2016, 07:04 PM
Although Myer does have 20% off toys sale this weekend... I wonder if that's just an "introductory" price to prevent making a loss...

Borgeman
21st May 2016, 07:05 PM
Although Myer does have 20% off toys sale this weekend... I wonder if that's just an "introductory" price to prevent making a loss...

How could they possibly be making at loss @ $300 (minus the 20%)
They'd be doing something very wrong business wise if thats the case

Deonasis
21st May 2016, 07:11 PM
So an aussie can get the world first review of this giant figure with a few question marks still (like do the legs open? Does the right arm swivel forward?) BUT.. everyone will know you paid $360! A delemia for someone out there i am sure.

Golden Phoenix
21st May 2016, 07:52 PM
I paid +$100 less than that for the Takara version.
Get stuffed. Even with the 20% off I'm still getting it cheaper, and if the rumours are right I'll get a sword with it too :P

Borgeman
21st May 2016, 08:51 PM
So an aussie can get the world first review of this giant figure with a few question marks still (like do the legs open? Does the right arm swivel forward?) BUT.. everyone will know you paid $360! A delemia for someone out there i am sure.

I reckon you could buy it, review it, rebox it, and carefully retape it and refund it no problem

Deonasis
22nd May 2016, 12:27 AM
I reckon you could buy it, review it, rebox it, and carefully retape it and refund it no problem

I wonder if an arm is detached in the box like Hasbro Metroplex was?

Also, a brief review is up.. www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-written-and-pictorial-review-of-transformers-titans-return-fortress-maxmus/35412/

GoktimusPrime
22nd May 2016, 02:03 PM
As Paulbot calls it, it's an Impatience Tax. ;) What's wrong with posting a review a month or so later? What's wrong with not being the first kid on the block to have a new toy? Even with the 20% discount, you're still paying an extra $38 for no other reason than to have earlier bragging rights. That's $38 that could be spent on other things, like more Transformers toys!

I don't think that's entirely legal, and as per board rule #17:
"Price Scamming at retail stores is also illegal, so shouldn't be something mentioned or boasted about on this board."
(I'm not a mod, just a friendly reminder :))

How long did it take people here to a G1 Fortress Maximus? G1 Fort Max was a toy that was never released here, so I think most of us probably got this toy much later as adult collectors. I didn't get G1 Fort Max until 2007, 20 years after its release! Some people may have never had a Fortress Maximus until the Encore reissue in 2013, 26 years later! So if people are able to wait decades after the release of G1 Fort Max to get it, I don't see how waiting an extra month or so would be so much worse. I sometimes wonder if we've just become a lot more impatient as adults. Could it be because we're more time poor than when we were kids?

Borgeman
22nd May 2016, 03:58 PM
I don't think that's entirely legal, and as per board rule #17:
"Price Scamming at retail stores is also illegal, so shouldn't be something mentioned or boasted about on this board."
(I'm not a mod, just a friendly reminder :))

What I said is not illegal, and is not price scamming.

doublespy
22nd May 2016, 05:53 PM
I think even at that price it's still tempting for some people to get it early. We're talking world's first a much awaited update here, not some old G1 toy. I for one am eager to read a proper review on this.

davieanix
22nd May 2016, 06:15 PM
Not gonna lie, if my local store had it (with the 20% off) I probably would have bought it.

griffin
22nd May 2016, 07:09 PM
Apparently Fortress Maximus at Myer is $370, not $360... which makes the 20% off price $296, which is even further from the expected BigW price.
If there were any around me I might have been tempted at $288 if I could afford it right now, but not at $296.
I'll wait for the BigW release and hope I find one.

griffin
22nd May 2016, 07:28 PM
What I said is not illegal, and is not price scamming.

Unfortunately, that's true with the retailers who do refunds with "change of mind", or accept items that have been opened or used, because who's going to pay full price on something that has been opened...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/d158.jpg

For marketing purposes, it is assessed that it would generate more sales from the peace of mind of returnability, to then offset the increased discounts they have to give to the extra items that people won't touch at full price. (especially if the items are swapped out (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7437) or parts could be missing or broken)

But if a store has a policy of not accepting items that have been used or opened (like games or movies), returning something that a person has resealed to look like it was never opened, would then be wrong.
(and if they do accept returns, I think it would be on the understanding that they weren't used, like clothes or underwear)

But this is all moot, as the original comment was more like an off the cuff speculation, not encouraging it or recommending it.

millhouse
22nd May 2016, 08:06 PM
We're overlooking what is clearly the most important ting from these Fortress Maximus photos.

Myer has the Walmart exclusive classic Ghosbusters figures.

Needless to say, I asked my lovely wife to pick me up a set for the sweet price of $80 including an exclusive build a figure (all the figures are re-releases). Thankfully, she nabbed he last set of four. Winner!

Clearly the big issue.

crankcase76
22nd May 2016, 08:08 PM
Penrith Toymate has heaps of all 3 CW Legends. $19.00 ea so I grabbed 3.:)

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah87/Megatronus76/Mobile%20Uploads/348AE648-F9A3-48F4-B9C0-43FAC1E1D871_zpspghg04fx.jpg (http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/Megatronus76/media/Mobile%20Uploads/348AE648-F9A3-48F4-B9C0-43FAC1E1D871_zpspghg04fx.jpg.html)

Jaxius._
22nd May 2016, 08:40 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_spitdrink-1.gif That's more than what I paid for my G1 Fort Max, Brave Max or Encore Fort Max! :eek:
So an additional $110~120 impatience tax. :eek:

Unless you are smart and wait a few months and get him for $90-$150 :D

GoktimusPrime
22nd May 2016, 09:25 PM
So let me get this straight, with Myer's 20% discount, Titans Return Fortress Maximus costs about the same as a G1 Fortress Maximus or Brave Maximus, including shipping.

...I don't even... :o

liegeprime
22nd May 2016, 10:50 PM
Penrith Toymate has heaps of all 3 CW Legends. $19.00 ea so I grabbed 3.:)

Penrith Toymate? is it within the mall? or are they located in a shop all of their own?

Hmm Ill wait for the other retailers to release Fort Max... Myer's price is too steep...hopefully it doesn't get heavily scalped like how Devastator was....

CaminusPrime
23rd May 2016, 12:11 AM
picked up metroplex for $90 (Very lucky at that price with the availability of stock at that time i must admit(Thank you store transfer)) So i wont be going anything near that price, and i think i can wait for it to come lower after seeing the amount of devastators that are still around

1AZRAEL1
23rd May 2016, 01:31 AM
Penrith Toymate? is it within the mall? or are they located in a shop all of their own?.

Located inside the plaza next to Aldi down near the Woolworths end. I too picked up all 3 yesterday.

SuspectimusPrime
23rd May 2016, 03:12 PM
picked up metroplex for $90 (Very lucky at that price with the availability of stock at that time i must admit(Thank you store transfer)) So i wont be going anything near that price, and i think i can wait for it to come lower after seeing the amount of devastators that are still around

Exactly. Most people didn't have any trouble picking it up for $120, and perhaps $150 for those that wanted to pay the impatience tax.

I think a more realistic price for Fort Max would be circa $200, factoring in an additional Deluxe sized fig and differences in exchange rate.

Zommael
23rd May 2016, 03:42 PM
Interesting to note that from the latest pics it looks like you can put G1 Fortress Maximus' head on TR Fortress Maximus. That bodes well for MEGABOLT MAXIMUS!

Handsprime
23rd May 2016, 04:43 PM
I am willing to wait till it is out in Big W, $250 might be a lot, but I am willing enough to pay that for a Transformer I always wanted in my collection, even if it's a retool of metroplex

liegeprime
23rd May 2016, 06:44 PM
Located inside the plaza next to Aldi down near the Woolworths end. I too picked up all 3 yesterday.

thanks mate, I think I shall have a stroll tomorrow hehehe...

reillyd
24th May 2016, 10:51 PM
I thought after the wide availability of Metroplex I'd have no trouble picking up Devestator, but several of the Big W never got any stock, and were shorted..... They are also cutting back on Transformers, and the shipping cost for the Japenese one will be big. Maybe two hundred odd won't look so bad in a few months time?

prjkt
25th May 2016, 08:40 AM
I'm glad I managed to get the Takara version for $175 (using PCs points system) - I'm happy to wait half a year for it.

I will be trying to track down those Legends as soon as they make it down south though

GoktimusPrime
25th May 2016, 12:22 PM
Looks like nobody's paid Myer's impatience tax then, which I think is good. We all vote with our wallets and I think the best way to tell retailers that overprice toys is to not buy from them.

Borgeman
25th May 2016, 12:27 PM
Looks like nobody's paid Myer's impatience tax then, which I think is good. We all vote with our wallets and I think the best way to tell retailers that overprice toys is to not buy from them.

No one here - definitely a few got them from some of the facebook groups I'm in.

5FDP
25th May 2016, 12:47 PM

I assumed KalEl bought one based on the fact he's done a video review.

SuspectimusPrime
25th May 2016, 01:25 PM
I assumed KalEl bought one based on the fact he's done a video review.

Yeah I think he needs to be an early adopter at every opportunity to boost his Youtube channel, especially when we seldom get figures ahead of the rest of the world.

reillyd
25th May 2016, 09:53 PM
Well I enjoyed watching his reviews last night. Almost had me regretting not buying it on Friday

GoktimusPrime
25th May 2016, 11:00 PM
Well I enjoyed watching his reviews last night. Almost had me regretting not buying it on Friday
Does the fact that you'd probably be saving $120 by buying it later from Big W not give you any solace? ;) Think of all the other Transformers you could buy with $120. :) I personally don't exactly have money to burn. :o
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_moneyburn_zpsa164a9d3.jpg

liegeprime
26th May 2016, 12:14 AM
I only bought the small ones... even then, the prices for such small figures are quite steep....considering there's only $6 difference between a Scout class and Dleuxe class nowadays... they should've been just $12 really, imo.

Fort Max I'm getting at a later time... hopefully BigW , Kmart or Target stocks wont get scalped like Devastator did... I'm leaning towards getting both versions... Hasbro's is more Brave Max colors and Takara's is Fort Max's color hue. but, we'll see.... it would be an expensive Fort Max with the Takara release....

Dimi194
26th May 2016, 05:14 AM
I missed on the on PC preorders (even just for the Hasbro version) by less than a few hours... damn bank transfers not going through immediately :mad:

Myers in my area never have much exciting (and one's closing soon anyway) so I just need to steer clear and hope there isn't a repeat of the Big W/Devastor disaster of last year!

griffin
26th May 2016, 07:36 AM
Does the fact that you'd probably be saving $120 by buying it later from Big W not give you any solace? ;) Think of all the other Transformers you could buy with $120. :) I personally don't exactly have money to burn. :o

It was only $42 difference because of the discount sale last weekend, which would be about a dollar a day of play value while waiting for BigW to get theirs in about a month's time.

Gofigure
26th May 2016, 08:10 AM
Hey guys apologies if this has been answered else where but is fort max going to be at target or Kmart?

philby
27th May 2016, 06:58 PM
It's coming to Big W.

Gofigure
27th May 2016, 07:26 PM
It's coming to Big W.

Yep. Read that

z3r03d
27th May 2016, 08:46 PM
It's coming to Big W.

nice... anybody knows when?

Firestorm
27th May 2016, 09:09 PM
nice... anybody knows when?

Most likely for their mid-year toy sale

z3r03d
27th May 2016, 09:39 PM
Most likely for their mid-year toy sale

oh man... I'll be old by then :)

Thanks mate! looking forward to buying this!

Batfan007
16th June 2016, 03:17 PM
does anybody have any kind of guess at what the Titans Returns toys will sell for in traditional stores such as Kmart, Targer, Big W etc.

Particularly:
Titan Galvatron, Blaster, Astrotrain

The two waves of Headmasters that include the bat dude, wolf, guy, the generic robot dudes (sorry, I forget their names)

The reason I ask is that online preorders are up on various sites, but the prices are all over the place. For example I've seen Titan Headmaster Blaster for $55 preorder and $100 AU preorder.

That's just nutty variance in price.

Any clue what these specific toys will sell for at normal retail brick and mortar stores?
Yes I've read the generic price thing on this site, but it doesn't really help in this case.

SuspectimusPrime
16th June 2016, 03:25 PM
does anybody have any kind of guess at what the Titans Returns toys will sell for in traditional stores such as Kmart, Targer, Big W etc.

Particularly:

The two waves of Headmasters that include the bat dude, wolf, guy, the generic robot dudes (sorry, I forget their names)

The reason I ask is that online preorders are up on various sites, but the prices are all over the place. For example I've seen Titan Headmaster Blaster for $55 preorder and $100 AU preorder.

Any clue what these specific toys will sell for at normal retail brick and mortar stores?
Yes I've read the generic price thing on this site, but it doesn't really help in this case.

Just a broad guess, but most likely similar to current Deluxe, Voyager and Leader RRP prices: Deluxe $30, Voyager $50, and Leader $100

Most of those characters are quite unique (at least the monsters), so I doubt there will be very much repainting opportunity for Hasbro. Given that repainting opportunities are low, they should be trying to generate the most revenue by selling at great volumes. I see the chance of getting all of them at sale prices (20-25% off) to be quite good, though I'd most likely go for Takara's releases pending reviews of differences in quality to justify the additional cost.

requiemau88
16th June 2016, 04:25 PM

Particularly:

I spoke to a few Toyworld store onwers (Mandurah and Cockburn) and they aren't getting them until September apparently. Big W and Target staff don't know a thing ...

Batfan007
16th June 2016, 08:54 PM
I spoke to a few Toyworld store onwers (Mandurah and Cockburn) and they aren't getting them until September apparently. Big W and Target staff don't know a thing ...

Cockburn WA or elsewhere?

And thanks Suspectimus. I'm gonna wait for retail releases, as I don't want to pay outrageous prices for them.
and now that I've finished buying my CW figures, and ordered Titan Max today, I can sit back and wait for these considerably cheaper toys.
I really only want Astro, Galvatron, Bat-bot-man (mindwipe) and the other two animal themed headmasters that are based on the G1 toys that sell for too much.

requiemau88
16th June 2016, 09:03 PM
Yeah WA.

Batfan007
16th June 2016, 09:31 PM
Yeah WA.

Oh, that's the toy world I go to. Well that one and Fremantle as both are local to me.
I bought a second onslaught there last week as he was marked down to $40, and I really like him in bot mode as well as combined mode.
The people are so friendly there.

Batfan007
7th July 2016, 02:25 PM
Will people post sightings of Titans Returns in OZ stores in this thread, or should I go ahead and start a new one?

Saved me a lot of fuel last time getting a tip from someone on here about the only Kmart around that actually had CW Bruticus/Combaticons.

Would be great do the same with this TR line and not waste fuel looking for over 3 months and finding nothing like I did with the late releases in the CW line. The local stores that got them previously I regularly went to had all decided not to stock the later waves, regardless of what their catalogues said. So I didn't find any combaticons or sky lynch stuff till like 3 months after they were released....and everybody had sold theirs except for a couple of stores about an hours drive from where I live.

MayzaPrime
7th July 2016, 03:49 PM
Will people post sightings of Titans Returns in OZ stores in this thread, or should I go ahead and start a new one?

Saved me a lot of fuel last time getting a tip from someone on here about the only Kmart around that actually had CW Bruticus/Combaticons.

Would be great do the same with this TR line and not waste fuel looking for over 3 months and finding nothing like I did with the late releases in the CW line. The local stores that got them previously I regularly went to had all decided not to stock the later waves, regardless of what their catalogues said. So I didn't find any combaticons or sky lynch stuff till like 3 months after they were released....and everybody had sold theirs except for a couple of stores about an hours drive from where I live.

I am sure that they will be posted in the Sightings Thread for each state

griffin
7th July 2016, 07:17 PM
The previous Titans Return toys were an advance release so when they get their general release here it will be a news posting... which people can post their first sightings there if they want but since it is a whole line and not a single exclusive toy, we wont be having an ongoing sightings topic.

Batfan007
10th July 2016, 04:44 PM
I am sure that they will be posted in the Sightings Thread for each state

Ugh, so I have to follow like more than FIVE different threads for ONE toy line?

Megatran
10th July 2016, 04:47 PM
Ugh, so I have to follow like more than FIVE different threads for ONE toy line?
There's the First Sightings for Australia (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3191) thread.

Patience is a virtue. ;)

MayzaPrime
10th July 2016, 06:37 PM

Why? If its that hard just focus on the sighting for your state... :confused:

griffin
10th July 2016, 07:39 PM
Why? If its that hard just focus on the sighting for your state... :confused:

That's true... unless you travel around the country every week, the other state's sightings would only be useful to know if they've appeared in a new store chain. And it's not like we get hundreds of posts in there each day. Just go to the sightings section, click on the "view next post" tab on any topic that has a new posts since you were last viewing it, and the one or two new posts in the last few days will come up.
If you are really keen to find a certain toy or toyline, visiting every day or two will only take about 2-5 minutes to bring up and view the new postings since you were last here.
Pretty quick and easy really, and easier for people who actually post the sightings, to not need to worry about doing it 2 or 3 times in different topics for the needs of a handful of visitors.

This site is set up to have the best balance between doing as much as possible by contributors for the benefit of visitors, without being too much of a chore to spoil their fun and not want to contribute.
We also need to encourage visitors to contribute, so that they aren't just using this site or asking others to do more, without doing more themselves in return.

reillyd
10th July 2016, 08:11 PM
Argh. Every time I see a new post in this thread, I get my hopes out that it has hit retail, lol

I'm checking all states threads obsessively now ;)

Batfan007
10th July 2016, 08:12 PM
I found the WA thread finally. Mostly I post when I see stuff. My CW toys are pretty much complete, and titans a bit off yet, just didn't want to miss out like I did on some of the earlier CW figures when my local stores got NONE of them in.
That was before I found this forum. I would have missed Sky Reign and Bruticus (my fav two CW Gestalts) if not for the sightings thread on this here forum, as south of the river WA is crap for Transfomers, while north of the river is like Transformers mecca (meaning they actually have stock, like any normal store in the eastern states).

It's pretty clear anything not star wars, marvel or other mainline stuff like LEGO south of the river doesn't sell that well. There are exceptions like the limited amount of stock at specialists like Toy World etc.
I used to live in eastern states and was used to just grabing toys wherever and not even thinking about, but here it's CRAP. My local Big W for example doesn't even stock deluxes or voyager figures at all, just the odd legends class, basically it's like Coles but with less Transformers toys. I've seen the same RID/animated whatever stock sitting there for like nearly 12 months, no price reductions, no new toys, just crap.

I have to do (costly) road trips when I want to buy Tformer toys, I usually hit up all the kmarts, target, big w, tru etc north of the river and just take all day and grab what I can, and avoid the after market ebay price jack ups.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone here for your suggestions, you guys have been really helpful, and more polite in general than TFW.

griffin
19th July 2016, 09:40 PM
The regular release of Titans Return toys in Australia has begun, with the Voyagers found at a Toyworld in Victoria.
Expect them to start showing up in other major chains and states very soon.

Toyworld Sunbury has Titans Return Voyagers in $44.99 ea
Still multiple of both characters
http://i64.tinypic.com/2j293eg.jpg

M-bot
21st July 2016, 01:51 PM
Now at my local K-Mart, as per the Vic sightings thread, hopefully this means the wider release of the TR toys has now begun.

VERT
21st July 2016, 06:49 PM
Toymate at Lakehaven has Leader class Prime and Blaster for $78 each I think.

RayRay84
22nd July 2016, 06:51 PM
Galvatron and Sentinel Prime spotted at Kmart Hervey Bay (Regional QLD)

so it would seem they're well and truly in wide release now :)

reillyd
22nd July 2016, 08:59 PM
So we've had Voyagers and Leader class spotted, but no individual heads or deluxes? I really want to try swapping heads around

Paulbot
22nd July 2016, 11:56 PM
So we've had Voyagers and Leader class spotted, but no individual heads or deluxes? I really want to try swapping heads around

You can do that with just the voyagers and leaders :D (though it's more expensive! ;) )

Batfan007
28th July 2016, 04:48 PM
Thanks to everyone posting in these threads.
Just grabbed a big orange dude and a big purple dude at my local Kmart.
I also bought some toys.

Handsprime
28th July 2016, 04:50 PM
Toymate at Lakehaven has Leader class Prime and Blaster for $78 each I think.

Have these been sighted anywhere else? Would love a leader class prime and blaster.

Batfan007
28th July 2016, 05:08 PM
Have these been sighted anywhere else? Would love a leader class prime and blaster.

Some stores may have pre-release stuff.
If those toys (Blaster and Prime) are out I want to know about it people! Not in any stores round these parts, just Sentinel and Galvatron and nothing else.

1AZRAEL1
28th July 2016, 10:50 PM
Some stores may have pre-release stuff.
If those toys (Blaster and Prime) are out I want to know about it people! Not in any stores round these parts, just Sentinel and Galvatron and nothing else.

Soundwave is out and he's part of Wave 2. Blaster and Prime are Wave 1. Give it time, I'm sure they'll be showing up soon

VERT
29th July 2016, 06:00 AM
They are out. My toymate has them but not Soundwave

1AZRAEL1
29th July 2016, 09:28 AM
They are out. My toymate has them but not Soundwave

Seems quite random. Only a couple of stores have put them on the shelves

Batfan007
30th July 2016, 01:09 AM
Soundwave is out and he's part of Wave 2. Blaster and Prime are Wave 1. Give it time, I'm sure they'll be showing up soon

How the hell does wave 2 turn up before wave 1?

And what wave was galvatron and sentinel, because that's the first stuff that has turned up locally, other than a yellow bird for soundwave, I forget his name, I'm tired.

1AZRAEL1
30th July 2016, 04:51 AM

And what wave was galvatron and sentinel, because that's the first stuff that has turned up locally, other than a yellow bird for soundwave, I forget his name, I'm tired.

Some places did get wave 1 as well, just seems random atm. I think Galvatron and SP are wave 1 for their size class

griffin
30th July 2016, 07:10 AM

Hasbro Australia probably got both waves sent at the same time from China and are just sending out which ever cartons their warehouse pickers grab first from the racking or pallet storage area.

As for wave numbers, bookmark the 2016 toy checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22321).

Handsprime
30th July 2016, 09:00 AM
I'm just confused how we did get some wave 1 leaders, but only in very limited quantities (and with it being seen in odd areas, i.e. Lake Haven)

1AZRAEL1
30th July 2016, 10:39 AM
As Griffin said, their warehouse pickers probably just grabbed whatever boxes and sent them on. Quite easy to believe that would happen

Batfan007
30th July 2016, 10:48 AM
Hasbro Australia probably got both waves sent at the same time from China and are just sending out which ever cartons their warehouse pickers grab first from the racking or pallet storage area.

As for wave numbers, bookmark the 2016 toy checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22321).

Yeah thanks for that.
I know what the actual waves are.
I meant what are the "make it up as go Hasbro" waves for Australia don't seem to match the rest of the world.
Like why are we getting leader figures before the deluxes for example?

Paulbot
30th July 2016, 01:01 PM
From past experience the smaller/independent stores tend to get stock and put them out at their own lesuire compared to the major retailers. You can see how Kmart has stocked the new Voyagers and they are at nearly every Kmart it seems (seriously every post on the Vic sighting seems to be the same two at yet another store :) !). Once the big chains get deluxes/leaders etc expect the same.

Keidatron
31st July 2016, 10:14 AM
Hasbro really needs to get their distribution in order. It's been crap for 2years now

1AZRAEL1
31st July 2016, 10:24 AM
Not really Hasbro's fault, retailers aren't picking them up

griffin
31st July 2016, 02:09 PM
Yeah thanks for that.
I know what the actual waves are.
I meant what are the "make it up as go Hasbro" waves for Australia don't seem to match the rest of the world.
Like why are we getting leader figures before the deluxes for example?

Generations is a tough line to push onto retailers, here and in other countries, as it doesn't have a movie or cartoon series (on TV) to "advertise" it for the benefit of retailers, who don't spend their own money to move someone else's brand.
Also, there is no "launch date" to send all the stock out to retailers for them to put on shelf at the same time... it is just more "Transformers Branded" products to order in next time the store or retail chain has the space for it (by selling enough of existing Transformers toys to buy up the new stuff).

The Hasbro warehouse in Sydney probably got all the first (and obviously some second) wave product at the same time from China, but are now just waiting for retailers and franchise stores (like Toyworld and Toymate) to want it.
Toyfair in March would have had Hasbro pre-sell a fair bit of the Titans Return toys to Retailers, but the Retailers are probably not requesting delivery of that pre-ordered stock until they have cleared out their old (Generations) product first.

Next year will be completely different with the Movie toyline, as there will be a release date, and Retailers will be competing with each other to have all of the first waves in store first or on the embargo date if there is one.
(but Generations will still be the secondary toyline that Retailers will only order next year if they have enough space around the Movie toys, and enough demand for the entire Brand by regular customers... IF the Movie toyline isn't too big to shelfwarm with hundreds of trashy gimmick toys again :rolleyes: )

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2016, 04:28 PM
I remember when CW Devastator came out and I was calling around various Big Ws to see if they had any left in stock, a few Big W staff members that I spoke to asked me why Devastator was such a hot item. They had NO clue as to why the toy was so popular. And even when I explained it, half of them still didn't get it - they couldn't fathom why something that doesn't currently have a form of media to promote it can still be so popular. :rolleyes:

Batfan007
1st August 2016, 01:17 AM
Little toy company on eBay has sentinel and Galvatron for $43 Au each with $11 postage.
Posts here as it's not a sale and doesn't need it's own thread. If there is a better thread let me know. This is an oz eBay seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Transformers-Robots/83732/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=*the.little.toy.company*

Batfan007
1st August 2016, 01:21 AM
Generations is a tough line to push onto retailers, here and in other countries, as it doesn't have a movie or cartoon series (on TV) to "advertise" it for the benefit of retailers, who don't spend their own money to move someone else's brand.
Also, there is no "launch date" to send all the stock out to retailers for them to put on shelf at the same time... it is just more "Transformers Branded" products to order in next time the store or retail chain has the space for it (by selling enough of existing Transformers toys to buy up the new stuff).

The Hasbro warehouse in Sydney probably got all the first (and obviously some second) wave product at the same time from China, but are now just waiting for retailers and franchise stores (like Toyworld and Toymate) to want it.
Toyfair in March would have had Hasbro pre-sell a fair bit of the Titans Return toys to Retailers, but the Retailers are probably not requesting delivery of that pre-ordered stock until they have cleared out their old (Generations) product first.

Next year will be completely different with the Movie toyline, as there will be a release date, and Retailers will be competing with each other to have all of the first waves in store first or on the embargo date if there is one.
(but Generations will still be the secondary toyline that Retailers will only order next year if they have enough space around the Movie toys, and enough demand for the entire Brand by regular customers... IF the Movie toyline isn't too big to shelfwarm with hundreds of trashy gimmick toys again :rolleyes: )

Any tips for approaching retailers (I'm thinking toy world and smaller stores) to actually get them to stock something you want?
I mean if I'm like I want to buy 8-10 toys of a range they may or may not get, how big a case box do they have to get in minimum?

I remember asking at a store is they could get in tr fort max, and said I would happy to prepay for the item if they could get it in. And they were like "we don't know if we can get that" I asked multiple times over two months, don't know if they ever got it, I bought it online and now I don't go to shop there anymore . And this was a store where the staff are super friendly and helpful, but they had no interest in my money apparently.
Or it was "up to the distributor" - so my q is were they talking shit and just could not be bothered to find out, any tips on encouraging retailers to actually get toys in and take my money would be appreciated.

And then you tell me stuff just sits there in Sydney, that is frustrating.
Is it just the low selling total units of tf compared to tmnt and star wars, marvel etc that makes them so random to track down? I swear I have to swim through a sea of star wars product in stores to find a few transformer crumbs here and there.

Ploughmans Lunch
1st August 2016, 02:54 PM
Any tips for approaching retailers (I'm thinking toy world and smaller stores) to actually get them to stock something you want?

Just ask and take a "maybe" as a "no".

morg176
1st August 2016, 04:45 PM
Is it just me but itvseems that gnaw suffers terribly from 'hollow back' syndrome
Does this turn anyone off buying the figure? :D

BruiseLee
1st August 2016, 06:57 PM
Little toy company on eBay has sentinel and Galvatron for $43 Au each with $11 postage.
Posts here as it's not a sale and doesn't need it's own thread. If there is a better thread let me know. This is an oz eBay seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Transformers-Robots/83732/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=*the.little.toy.company*

A good seller. They also offer pick up in Richmond for those living in Melbourne.

Batfan007
2nd August 2016, 12:03 AM
Just ask and take a "maybe" as a "no".

Lol that's it man. Pretty much given up asking these days.
Instead I read this site and when shit is in stock I swoop in like laser beak and snatch my prey.

Ploughmans Lunch
2nd August 2016, 02:44 AM
Lol that's it man.

It's good life advice too, just sayin'.

Jason Voorhees
4th August 2016, 08:47 PM
So I noticed on the Toys R Us webpage that they have a listing for Transformers Generations Deluxe Figures http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-generations-deluxe-figure-assorted_10486288/

Megatran
4th August 2016, 10:33 PM
So I noticed on the Toys R Us webpage that they have a listing for Transformers Generations Deluxe Figures http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-generations-deluxe-figure-assorted_10486288/
Assorted Deluxe figures packed at random for online orders. *shudders*

Major_K
5th August 2016, 05:55 AM

I just checked their site this morning looking for a price on mp10, and saw the TR package. They're saying out of stock now though.

MayzaPrime
5th August 2016, 03:57 PM
Deluxes, Titan Master, Legends have turned up at Toys R Us in ACT

Sadly no Hard Head and Scourge (They must have been sold as they had none out the back)

Skull Smasher is not in the picture because he was in my hands at the time of this picture... :p

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/Mayzaprime/20160805_153302_zpsb9ual8uy.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/Mayzaprime/20160805_153639_zpsxpxszwnb.jpg

shockNwave
5th August 2016, 09:37 PM
Deluxes, Titan Master, Legends have turned up at Toys R Us in ACT

Sadly no Hard Head and Scourge (They must have been sold as they had none out the back)

Skull Smasher is not in the picture because he was in my hands at the time of this picture... :p

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/Mayzaprime/20160805_153302_zpsb9ual8uy.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/Mayzaprime/20160805_153639_zpsxpxszwnb.jpg

Thank you Mayza Prime, this is a real morale booster.:D

BJ3226
8th August 2016, 03:52 PM
Today I have found Titans 1 Wave toys in Toys R Us in Bankstown.

BJ3226
8th August 2016, 03:53 PM
How to attach photos?

MayzaPrime
8th August 2016, 04:33 PM
Its already been spotted last week... Mods can you merge thread with Titan Wars sightings

morg176
8th August 2016, 06:01 PM
I saw thr titan masters today for the first time and I was amazed just how tiny these guys are.
I didnt even know they could make tf that small.

1AZRAEL1
9th August 2016, 03:24 PM
How to attach photos?

Gotta upload them to Imgur or photobucket or any other photo hosting site and link them that way

Zommael
10th August 2016, 10:38 AM
Nothing so far at Sunshine Plaza. I'll check again at the weekend, I guess.

reillyd
10th August 2016, 07:58 PM
TRU has instock listings on eBay for Wave 2 deluxes

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transformers-Generations-Deluxe-Figure-Assorted-NEW-/162160105912?hash=item25c17ed9b8

But unfortunately you can't select which one. If you order two you might get duplicates, but good to know it's at the warehouse and we didn't get clogged with only wave 1s

ILikeSoundwave
10th August 2016, 08:09 PM
I have a feeling that they're just wave 1 Deluxes with the wrong image.

Batfan007
11th August 2016, 02:50 PM
TRU has instock listings on eBay for Wave 2 deluxes

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transformers-Generations-Deluxe-Figure-Assorted-NEW-/162160105912?hash=item25c17ed9b8

But unfortunately you can't select which one. If you order two you might get duplicates, but good to know it's at the warehouse and we didn't get clogged with only wave 1s

They ALWAYS have wrong images up for stuff.
Who runs their idiotic online store?
I tried messaging TRU about it on ebay just for shits 'n giggle, oh what a surprise - complete waste of time.

Do they really expect people to order and get sent random shit?
I feel like actually putting in a complaint with ebay about them as it goes against their item description policy.

reillyd
13th August 2016, 01:22 AM
It never occurred to me that it was just stock photos supplied by Hasbro... But yes, that would make sense. They don't know what character, or even what wave they're selling. Probably order a deluxe and get a legends head instead, lol

Batfan007
13th August 2016, 02:15 PM
It never occurred to me that it was just stock photos supplied by Hasbro... But yes, that would make sense. They don't know what character, or even what wave they're selling. Probably order a deluxe and get a legends head instead, lol

Hey maybe I'll order a Wheelie and get a green (blegh) Unicron?
All the random-ness has gotta pay off at some point right? Like the lottery.

DarkHyren
13th August 2016, 05:20 PM
I feel like actually putting in a complaint with ebay about them as it goes against their item description policy.I get the feeling that eBay would just ignore your complaint as Toys R Us is a big retail store. eBay would rather let them do as they want and risk a few peeved buyers then potentially lose income from such a (percieved) major source. Just a guess mind you, I myself am always put off from ordering from Toys R Us online stores because of this random nonsense, if you're going to have over inflated prices at least don't make it essentially a lucky dip, let people choose what they get, it's not like it's that hard to include the option

reillyd
14th August 2016, 03:52 PM
Someone posted a sighting of Astrotrain st a TRU, so they might be Wave 2 figures after all. No way I'd order without being able to select the figure, and TRU US website allows you to buy individual figures.

griffin
14th August 2016, 07:34 PM
Someone posted a sighting of Astrotrain st a TRU, so they might be Wave 2 figures after all. No way I'd order without being able to select the figure, and TRU US website allows you to buy individual figures.

Yes, in NSW at ToysRUs, both Astrotrain and Alpha Trion from wave 2...

over at TRU Erina tonight and I saw that Titans return voyager astrotrain and alpha trion were out, also computron is available

That's both waves of Voyager and Leader here, just need the second wave of Legends, Deluxe and Titanmasters.... and the first wave at most other stores.

1AZRAEL1
15th August 2016, 04:55 PM
Saw the deluxes at Toys R Us Burwood today. I gotta say, wow they look lackluster. Blurr look awful without much paint apps. Scourge doesn't look great either imo.

Batfan007
17th August 2016, 07:48 PM
I get the feeling that eBay would just ignore your complaint as Toys R Us is a big retail store. eBay would rather let them do as they want and risk a few peeved buyers then potentially lose income from such a (percieved) major source. Just a guess mind you, I myself am always put off from ordering from Toys R Us online stores because of this random nonsense, if you're going to have over inflated prices at least don't make it essentially a lucky dip, let people choose what they get, it's not like it's that hard to include the option

Talk about lazy and inept customer service. How many people right now would be happy to but even at the slightly more than retail price If you could actually order what you want?

It's likes somebody actively doesn't want people to bother buying those things online from them.
I don't see this lucky dip BS from kmart, target, big w online or on ebay etc.

I feel it's something that could potentially be rectified easy enough we knew the right person to contact in the right way.
The right person is always somebody above customer service, not whoever puts up those rubbish listings on ebay, who no doubt is just doing their job and has no power to make any decision about what is in the listings etc.

Anyone have any clues on who to contact and I'll give it a go?
It's not the msg system through ebay, that option don't work.
If anyone knows a contact who is higher up the chain perhaps? Or I don't know if they have a P.R. departments, but usually that lot get onto things and actually make changes, rather than fobbing people off like "customer service" often does for various companies.

Soviet Fox
17th August 2016, 09:13 PM
I had heard the problem was that they are distributed to the sellers under 1 id no. They aren't going to go to the expense of having to create their own product numbers and sort them. The whole random toy mess goes further bck thn the retailer

Demonac
17th August 2016, 10:34 PM
Talk about lazy and inept customer service. How many people right now would be happy to but even at the slightly more than retail price If you could actually order what you want?

It's likes somebody actively doesn't want people to bother buying those things online from them.
I don't see this lucky dip BS from kmart, target, big w online or on ebay etc.

Kmart most definitely do the lucky dip with their stock. Target & Big W just don't sell those kinds of things online.

griffin
17th August 2016, 11:50 PM
The demographics that are buying online are different to in-store.
And Toy companies have case assortments in ratios that benefit stores because they much bigger customers than dedicated online stores, and only occasionally have special case assortments just for online retailers (like solid cases of just one toy). They also set up assortment ratios based on the target audience of each toyline, like the Generations toys are often equal ratios in the cases, but movie/cartoon toys have a ratio similar to the character's involvement in the Movie/cartoon or its advertising & promo banners (more Bumblebees & Optimus toys per case than say, Movie Barricade or RID Jazz).
So even though we still often had a lot of Bumblebees shelfwarming at times, a lot of Bumblebees were still sold, because the general consumer who isn't a fan themselves, will more often buy the products that they recognise (or it's just a "safe" gift purchase, like for a nephew's birthday or the friend of your son who invited him to their birthday party)... and it is up to the smaller number of customers who are fans or committed kids, to buy up the short-packed oddities that they know and want.

As for those more serious Collectors, who are the majority demographic for online stores, they usually search for certain characters or collect whole waves, which would leave online stores with lots of the over-packed "feature character" toys that in-store non-fans would normally buy up, but don't make up as many sales in the online arena. And as such, you will see those toys being sold for significantly less, offset by higher prices of the items in the Case that will sell to collectors. (just look at BBTS with the way they sell new waves - they generally sell sets of the new toys in each wave, and charge a lot more if the case has any leftover figures that they then charge a lot less for - and for most of the Generations which are aimed at collectors, they've been able to have equal sets, and very rarely have leftovers that throws out the cost ratio for the complete sets)

This is why major retailers aren't likely to offer individual characters out of a case, because they have to have to price all the items in a case at the same price as in-store, and since most of the people who would normally buy the bulk of the assortment that isn't aimed at us collectors (the Bumblebees) are the ones who mostly buy in-store, the online part of that retailer will get stuck with lots of the products (characters) that weren't aimed at the people who mostly shop online for selected characters (us collectors).

fatbot
17th August 2016, 11:59 PM
Be careful with TR Astrotrain, I just opened mine & found he has 2 left legs. He displays fine in robot & train modes, but it can't be transformed into shuttle mode.

A phone call to Hasbro in the morning is required to try & rectify the situation.

Batfan007
23rd August 2016, 10:03 AM
Kmart most definitely do the lucky dip with their stock. Target & Big W just don't sell those kinds of things online.

Target sells the combiner wars boxsets online, and they are not random?

1AZRAEL1
23rd August 2016, 10:28 AM
Target sells the combiner wars boxsets online, and they are not random?

That's because that is a box set, not individual bots.

Bowser The Second
28th August 2016, 03:20 AM
It seems that all of wave 1 is starting to turn up at Myers now. Robina Myers had all the wave 1 Deluxes, Voyagers and Legends figures when I went there today.

griffin
28th August 2016, 12:26 PM
The second wave of Titanmasters have been found at some ToysRUs stores now. That's the wave with Brawn, Clobber (Grimlock), Skytread (Flywheels), and Apeface.

Batfan007
28th August 2016, 12:56 PM
That's because that is a box set, not individual bots.

But there are multiple box sets. My point was I did not see any of the multiple chain stores who stock them online at their own site and on eBay were not sending those out randomly.

Trent
28th August 2016, 01:04 PM
But there are multiple box sets. My point was I did not see any of the multiple chain stores who stock them online at their own site and on eBay were not sending those out randomly.

It's got to do wit how they are cased at the factory. The Combiner box sets are generally two to a case of the same thing. The deluxes are an assortment.

Yes it sucks, but there is logic behind it.

Sutton
30th August 2016, 04:11 PM
Any ideas on what sort of availabilty Deluxe Brainstorm is going to have in Australia? I'm keen to get all 7 of the original Headmaster crew but I'm not going to buy any if I have to track him down on ebay for $100+

Bumbleb33
30th August 2016, 04:18 PM
Any ideas on what sort of availabilty Deluxe Brainstorm is going to have in Australia? I'm keen to get all 7 of the original Headmaster crew but I'm not going to buy any if I have to track him down on ebay for $100+

I am not sure about Aus distribution but I will have a sole spare Brainstorm (Walgreens version) if you'd like to take it off me? I haven't received it yet but will in the not too forseeable future, it's yours for what I paid which is around $35.00 if you'd like. Drop me a PM if interested.

Fungal Infection
30th August 2016, 06:34 PM
I am not sure about Aus distribution but I will have a sole spare Brainstorm (Walgreens version) if you'd like to take it off me? I haven't received it yet but will in the not too forseeable future, it's yours for what I paid which is around $35.00 if you'd like. Drop me a PM if interested.

If Sutton passes on it, I'd be keen.

Sutton
31st August 2016, 06:38 PM

Cheers, PM'd :D

Harbinger
31st August 2016, 08:39 PM
So, I am right that the only real stores not selling any titan masters currently is target?

Handsprime
31st August 2016, 08:48 PM
So, I am right that the only real stores not selling any titan masters currently is target?

I don't think Big W is selling any at the moment either?

Batfan007
1st September 2016, 09:45 PM

Don't know, but none of my local Target / Big W has anything.
So far it's only been Kmart (voyager) Myer (leader) and TRU (deluxe)
Be nice to have one store to rule them all.

But then some of them didn't even get combiner wars past the first couple waves. They've had mostly the same shelf warming RID stock for a year, literally the exact same toys, and even then like maybe 3-4 diff ones out of a whole line.

G1Optimal
6th September 2016, 06:30 PM
Thought this might be note worthy i saw a transformers titans returns advertisement scrolling in westpoint blacktown bus interchange near stand 8.

All it was was a art of fortress maximus with black w/red lettering Transformers on the side and saying availble now.

Didn't get a picture as i don't have a smart phone

High_Q
6th September 2016, 08:23 PM
Thought this might be note worthy i saw a transformers titans returns advertisement scrolling in westpoint blacktown bus interchange near stand 8.

All it was was a art of fortress maximus with black w/red lettering Transformers on the side and saying availble now.

Yeah, I saw one at a tram stop on the way home just now. I was really surprised to see it given I don't recall ever seeing such large non-movie related TF ads in recent memory. Wonder who their target audience is.

G1Optimal
6th September 2016, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I saw one at a tram stop on the way home just now. I was really surprised to see it given I don't recall ever seeing such large non-movie related TF ads in recent memory. Wonder who their target audience is.

I had give it a second look when i saw it. Lol

Batfan007
8th September 2016, 03:22 AM

I know what that is like. My phone is also lacking in intelligence.
But thanks for mentioning, saw them in that other thread Griffin linked to. Very cool.:cool:

KaRNiV8L PRiME
9th September 2016, 01:00 PM

I've got them at my Big W, Warringah Mall

scavbot
12th September 2016, 06:57 PM
I've got them at my Big W, Warringah Mall

How much are they at Big W?

UltimateGalvatron
12th September 2016, 10:48 PM
Not sure if people know but the Titans Return Deluxes are on the Toys R Us Australia website with the images of Wave 2 figures.

Link
http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-generations-deluxe-figure-assorted_1181150/

hYpNoS
13th September 2016, 01:14 AM
How much are they at Big W?

Same as Kmart exactly

Handsprime
13th September 2016, 09:25 AM
Not sure if people know but the Titans Return Deluxes are on the Toys R Us Australia website with the images of Wave 2 figures.

Link
http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-generations-deluxe-figure-assorted_1181150/

I think it was either here or the FB group that was talking about it, but don't be deceived as Toys R Us have been known to use inaccurate images before. I say this doesn't confirm Wave 2 being out.

Zommael
19th September 2016, 02:35 PM
Zing Pop Culture are now selling Titans Return toys. They had wave 1 deluxe and voyager at the one in Sunshine Plaza earlier today. $30 deluxe, didn't look at Voyager.

Given the sheer number of wave 1 deluxes floating around at the moment, I have to wonder if we will ever see wave 2 without some deep discounting.

Batfan007
19th September 2016, 09:42 PM
I think it was either here or the FB group that was talking about it, but don't be deceived as Toys R Us have been known to use inaccurate images before. I say this doesn't confirm Wave 2 being out.

They have them, but as discussed in other threads, they send out random toys, you can't choose what you get. Fine for parents who just want a toy. Shit for anyone else.

Means you gotta go in store.

ampoldj
20th September 2016, 07:00 AM
I know what that is like. My phone is also lacking in intelligence.
But thanks for mentioning, saw them in that other thread Griffin linked to. Very cool.:cool:

I also saw this Fort Max Ad at a bus stop going to work yesterday saying TR toys in stores now but all i was thinking is how can i have this poster if they will be removing the ad :confused:

I remembered when i lived in Japan that everytime they replace a video game or anime or gundam posters their manager would contact me to ask if i would like to take them.

OZtimus
20th September 2016, 10:02 AM
I Thinks they are all done by Adshel (I only know NSW unsure other states). They have their campaigns that run every 2 weeks (latest began 19/9 ends 2/10) depends on how long Hasbro decided to advertise (how much budget they have).
Wonder if anyone from adshel is on the forum that can shed light on how to get one of these awesome posters? Or is there anyone from Hasbro Australia on the forums?

Maybe a comp or giveaway in each state?

Adshel spiel on disposal of posters
Adshel disposes of all printed poster copy at the end of the display period without liability to the advertiser. Please contact your Adshel account manager at the time of booking to make alternative arrangements

griffin
25th September 2016, 01:09 PM
With the second wave of Deluxes found at a couple of Toyworlds in Brisbane this week, it just leaves the second wave of Legends left to show up somewhere in an Australian Major Retailer, of the 2016 Titans Return toys.

griffin
25th September 2016, 08:27 PM
According to this post on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ozformers/photos/a.219582631413796.56002.214419758596750/1305858502786198/?type=3&comment_id=1305886636116718&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D), the wave 2 Legends have also been found at a Toyworld in Victoria, which means we now have everything from both waves here... but slow distribution might mean some of it will take a while to filter through to every part of the country.

reillyd
25th September 2016, 11:02 PM
According to this post on facebook, the wave 2 Legends have also been found at a Toyworld in Victoria, which means we now have everything from both waves here... but slow distribution might mean some of it will take a while to filter through to every part of the country.

Awesome news, we now have Wave 2 in the country. I hope the rate Wave 1 seems to disappear is a good sign we will get restocks.

Paulbot
27th September 2016, 12:41 PM
It'd be great if the wave 2 deluxes appeared in a store while the $20 price was around, but with the regular price of $25 being more common now I don't mind if they don't. It'd still be cheaper to buy them from Target or Kmart than importing them in.

Sinnertwin
27th September 2016, 01:25 PM
It'd be great if the wave 2 deluxes appeared in a store while the $20 price was around, but with the regular price of $25 being more common now I don't mind if they don't. It'd still be cheaper to buy them from Target or Kmart than importing them in.

They're starting to arrive into NSW Kmart's this week.
Check your local in the next few days if possible

Paulbot
27th September 2016, 01:55 PM
Cool, just in time for the long weekend!

Deano85
27th September 2016, 03:18 PM
Just picked up chromedome and highbrow for $20 each from kmart :)

davieanix
27th September 2016, 05:51 PM
Lol I knew this would happen but I'm not even mad. I bit the bullet and got a set of the W2 deluxe online and totally knew they'd start to be found in stores locally. Awesome!

Batfan007
28th September 2016, 11:08 PM
Just picked up chromedome and highbrow for $20 each from kmart :)

Why were they $20? That's odd, when Kmart has them at $25.

Was it a mistake perhaps.

griffin
28th September 2016, 11:16 PM
Why were they $20? That's odd, when Kmart has them at $25.

Was it a mistake perhaps.

Nope... they have a sale on at the moment, until October 12th - http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=23490

Batfan007
29th September 2016, 08:16 PM
Nope... they have a sale on at the moment, until October 12th - http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=23490

Thanks, I had no idea. Someone in another thread said they got an error price but it was probably the sale price before the advertising was out.

Paulbot
29th September 2016, 08:21 PM
I'm thinking that between the TV and outdoor advertising, sale prices and pretty good stock (and restock) levels, this has been one of the best new TF line launches in a long while. Definitely for one that wasn't tied to a movie.