PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Action Robo?

DaptoDog
24th May 2016, 02:30 PM
I've stumbled across a website named actionrobo.com based in HK. The site has a purple MP that I'm after at a price cheaper than I've seen at other sites. I've tried contacting them twice via email but have not heard back. They do have a physical store and phone number but haven't tried calling them yet.

Does anyone have any feedback on their experience with them? Specifically, how was the box packed? Did they respond to emails or requests? Would you order from them again?

Many thanks

Trent
24th May 2016, 02:54 PM
A few people on TFW have used them. They have a Facebook page. I've gone to use them a few times but find their prices not that competitive.

llamatron
24th May 2016, 03:02 PM
I've ordered from them online once before, I think it was a MakeToys item. No problems. I've also been to their physical shop in HongKong. It's very dense.

Bladestorm
24th May 2016, 04:15 PM
They have a physical store in Mong Kok.
I go in there every now and then, although their specialty is 3P stuff.

I've never ordered from them online (since I can walk into their store) but they have a good reputation here locally and their staff are pretty friendly so I would say they should be ok to order from.

DaptoDog
24th May 2016, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback!:)

Jetfire in the sky
24th May 2016, 07:22 PM
I've stumbled across a website named actionrobo.com based in HK. The site has a purple MP that I'm after at a price cheaper than I've seen at other sites. I've tried contacting them twice via email but have not heard back. They do have a physical store and phone number but haven't tried calling them yet.

Does anyone have any feedback on their experience with them? Specifically, how was the box packed? Did they respond to emails or requests? Would you order from them again?

Many thanks

I can only speak from shopping in their physical store, great service and range, since they moved from Ins Point to their new shop their range has exploded, all TF based items 3P and official, unfortunately their online prices are in USD and are a lot higher than their in store HKD prices.
Staff were great, same couple doing it for years now.

spiderken17
24th May 2016, 07:59 PM
I've used them on multiple occasions (online) and have never had a problem with them. In fact I am happy to pay their prices because my items arrived promptly and well packed with minimal fuss.

Akky82
24th May 2016, 09:02 PM
I ordered UW Guardian from them, came quick and well packaged with bubble wrap around the original TT shipping box. Recently I ordered 4 third party figures from them (MT ironwill/hellfire, FT spotter/mercenary). Came all quick packaged well as well with a free transformers prime ratbat minicon thing thrown in.

Will be using them in the future whenever the price is right, no qualms at all.

DaptoDog
24th May 2016, 09:48 PM
I can only speak from shopping in their physical store, great service and range, since they moved from Ins Point to their new shop their range has exploded, all TF based items 3P and official, unfortunately their online prices are in USD and are a lot higher than their in store HKD prices.
Staff were great, same couple doing it for years now.

If only I was in HK! Good to know they're legit, I saw their Facebook page has over 5,000 likes.

I've used them on multiple occasions (online) and have never had a problem with them. In fact I am happy to pay their prices because my items arrived promptly and well packed with minimal fuss.

I ordered UW Guardian from them, came quick and well packaged with bubble wrap around the original TT shipping box. Recently I ordered 4 third party figures from them (MT ironwill/hellfire, FT spotter/mercenary). Came all quick packaged well as well with a free transformers prime ratbat minicon thing thrown in.

Will be using them in the future whenever the price is right, no qualms at all.

And nice to know they pack their items well.

DaptoDog
25th May 2016, 11:58 AM
Ok I've just bit the bullet and made my order. My search for MP-10 EVA is finally over! Hopefully it goes well.

Zippo
25th May 2016, 07:30 PM
I wanted to get some stuff from them in store, but they had just received massive amounts of items that were blocking access to all of the cabinets so I couldn't see prices on the items and if the conditions were ok.

So once I get some funds back, I need to see what their online store is like to use

valkyrie_76
25th May 2016, 09:39 PM
Mr Lam is a very nice person and I have been to his shops on many occasions and ordered from him. He and his wife have always been friendly when I have been there and yes sometimes the prices are not the best, I rather go to him first than a few other places.

DaptoDog
2nd June 2016, 12:50 PM
Well EVA Prime arrived safely today. It was marvelously packed. It came in its original shipper box which was then bubble-wrapped, and then placed in a larger box with paper filling. The box is in very nice condition as per my photo in the acquisitions thread.

My only letdown was it arrived double taped at both ends but at least I was able to open one end and inspect the contents. And it was a fair bit cheaper than RK or ebay so it was a reasonable trade off. Would definitely use this shop again.

Thanks again to everyone who replied to my post. Given the substantial feedback provided in this post can a mod please move this to the dealer feedback section as an Action Robo thread?