11th June 2016, 09:33 PM
Long shot...but worth a try :o

Anyone?

Ralph Wiggum
11th June 2016, 10:39 PM
Long shot indeed.

I had a go at this auction, but prices are exorbitant :/

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201599747427

I was really hoping for an announcement from TT at the Tokyo Toy Show for Skywarp, alas that seems unlikely :(

ITZTRU
11th June 2016, 10:42 PM
I saw that one. But I don't think he ships internationally anyway? :o

Ralph Wiggum
11th June 2016, 11:00 PM
Lol whoops. Good thing I didn't win, though I have a cousin in New York.

I think it's a case of waiting patiently or pillaging your wallet. I have a Hasbro Skywarp which keeps me content for now.

micfox001
13th June 2016, 05:08 PM
I am waiting to get one too.. I believe a lot of people are eager on this piece..

Ralph Wiggum
13th June 2016, 06:38 PM
That auction ended at $AU 550.

Jesus Christ, good luck if anyone sells it to you for a reasonable price. Can someon remind me again why Skywarp turned out to be so rare? How many pieces were released?

Ploughmans Lunch
13th June 2016, 08:33 PM
Can someon remind me again why Skywarp turned out to be so rare? How many pieces were released?

Edit: From TFWiki: "Skywarp was only released in China via Hasbro Asia under the TakaraTomy label; marking the second time an original TakaraTomy Masterpiece toy wasn't released for the Japanese market"

I guess there was low demand initially, leading to a low production run and no subsequent reissue/re-release.

It'll get a proper reissue one day. Much like MP-08X and well... every single one of them, really.

ITZTRU
13th June 2016, 10:26 PM
Well my budget was around $400au (shipped?) lol

So yeah I'm willing to pay a bit more than the rrp. Dunno bout 550 though.

micfox001
14th June 2016, 09:41 PM
Edit: From TFWiki: "Skywarp was only released in China via Hasbro Asia under the TakaraTomy label; marking the second time an original TakaraTomy Masterpiece toy wasn't released for the Japanese market"

I guess there was low demand initially, leading to a low production run and no subsequent reissue/re-release.

It'll get a proper reissue one day. Much like MP-08X and well... every single one of them, really.

which one was the first MP toy in Takara Tomy box but not released in Japan?

Krayt
14th June 2016, 10:51 PM
which one was the first MP toy in Takara Tomy box but not released in Japan?

MP gold Megs (the tf wiki page says it at the end of the line)

micfox001
15th June 2016, 08:58 PM
MP gold Megs (the tf wiki page says it at the end of the line)

I see.. But Mp-5G was not that rare and its price is actually quite low..

Ploughmans Lunch
15th June 2016, 09:02 PM
I see.. But Mp-5G was not that rare and its price is actually quite low..

Yeah, but MP-05G was a toy no one really wanted. MP-11SW is part of (what is now) a very popular post-MP10 set. Also it's distribution probably wasn't the best and there weren't many made. Possibly because MP-05G sold poorly. Who knows? It's a very strange thing. But I think there'll be a Japanese market release at some point (along with a wider Hasbro Asia release).

ampoldj
15th June 2016, 10:09 PM
MP05G and MP11SW are MPs released exclusively thru Transformers Asia (same with the APS series) and so are very limited especially MP11SW Skywarp which has only been released in China that even Taiwan based distributors at ebay sold it at 300 to 350aud during its release

Ralph Wiggum
15th June 2016, 10:59 PM
It just seems odd TT aren't doing their own release anytime soon given their release choices are all about squeezing / milking as much money as they can from molds.

DaptoDog
15th June 2016, 11:11 PM
Whenever you guys find a case of this guy please put me down for one.;)

In fact I'm sure half of the members here want one.

Ploughmans Lunch
16th June 2016, 09:02 PM
It just seems odd TT aren't doing their own release anytime soon given their release choices are all about squeezing / milking as much money as they can from molds.

It's all a giant tease.

drifand
9th July 2016, 03:31 AM
The wait is over.