PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite character that didn't get a toy?

Soviet Fox
24th June 2016, 04:51 PM
Just wondering what characters have slipped through the cracks without representation (or maybe even decent representation ).

Because I myself don't have an exhaustive knowledge of what figures have been made I will open a second part of the question to:

What figure did you really want that wasn't available growing up?

For me in question 2, i always wanted G1 Ultra Magnus but he wasn't sold in my home town. I ended up saving xmas and birthday money for 2 years straight in the hope it would be released. It didnt happen so i got my voltron set and headed down a different path

GoktimusPrime
24th June 2016, 05:07 PM
The original G1 Megatron, for obvious reasons. :o As far as characters who've never had a toy, I'd say...
* G1 Arcee; and part of me actually wants a Headmaster Arcee. I would seriously consider getting one if they made her in Titans Return.
* Emirate Xaaron. I used to have this generic yellow rubber robot toy that I used as Xaaron when I was a kid. :p

UltraMarginal
24th June 2016, 06:01 PM
Quintessons, I realise they probably shouldn't transform, with respect to story and Canon, and if they were sold as transforming toys it would be a bit weird but I feel that any Transformers shelf would probably benefit from a couple quintesons hiding in the shadows.

5FDP
24th June 2016, 07:46 PM
Quintessons, I realise they probably shouldn't transform, with respect to story and Canon, and if they were sold as transforming toys it would be a bit weird but I feel that any Transformers shelf would probably benefit from a couple quintesons hiding in the shadows.

^ This!

griffin
24th June 2016, 09:14 PM
Emirate Xaaron - he was in the UK Gen1 comic a fair bit for a non-toy character, and it was really weird to me that he never had any sort of toy, even a token toy that barely looks like him (like Jhiaxus has had several times now), or even by the Collector Club... who gives us really obscure characters that no one has ever heard of.

Since Xaaron was apparently a small combat tank a long time ago (but could be anything at any time, as characters change their alt-modes all the time)... I think the Japanese combiner Nosecone without the drill accessory would work as a UK Gen1 Xaaron, with a head that looks a little Megatrony.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th June 2016, 09:14 PM
Animated Strika, Cyclonus, and Red Alert.

Soviet Fox
25th June 2016, 07:57 PM
Interesting on the Xaaron one. I didn't even remember him.
An extension of that would be G1 Impactor for me. I don't think there were enough "tough guy" Autobots the decepticons had way better alt modes in general and more substance to the figures.

CBratron
25th June 2016, 08:45 PM
Yes. Definitely the Quintessons.

Aside from them, Ser-ket from Rage of the Dinobots. She was so clearly a repaint of Beast Hunters Ripclaw. I thought BH was a huge misstep for Prime but I was willing to get that mold if it was painted as Ser-ket.

BigTransformerTrev
26th June 2016, 10:05 PM
The Quintessons from G1 (though my 3rd party ones aren't bad)

The Constructions and Omega Supreme from Animated

Deonasis
26th June 2016, 11:33 PM
Deathcobra from Alpha Bravo and DOTM Skyhammer.

Rack n Ruin could use a toy as well.

GoktimusPrime
27th June 2016, 12:35 AM
I really want a toy of the Piano guy from Maccadam's Old Oil House. ;)

Soviet Fox
27th June 2016, 09:54 AM
I really want a toy of the Piano guy from Maccadam's Old Oil House. ;)

I was looking at that last night thinking "why wouldn't someone have made an oddball like that?"

I am considering sculpting a full figure. Xaaron seems like a decent starting point. simple design, Alt mode freedom and a legends size would be appropriate.

Ozgardian
27th June 2016, 10:50 PM
Nancy.:D

GoktimusPrime
27th June 2016, 11:20 PM
I was looking at that last night thinking "why wouldn't someone have made an oddball like that?"
Probably because most kids wouldn't buy it. ;) The last oddball alt moded TF that I can think of was Revenge of the Fallen Ejector, a toaster. :D I bought that toy on sight, but I do remember it peg warming for a really long time too, even though it was a cheap $15 Scout Class figure.

No wait, Titans Return Rewind (and other "Cassettes") have similarly oddish alt modes as data tablets. The Real Gear Robots line was full off everyday object alt modes; phones, personal audio devices, binoculars, cameras, game controller etc.! I love that kind of stuff! :D It reminds me of the G1 toys like Soundwave, the Cassettes, Reflector, Shockwave and Megatron. :) DotM Laserbeak had the same thing happening for him in the movie, but sadly the toy's alt mode didn't represent any of them. I would've liked for Laserbeak to be a printer (cos I love the scene where Laserbeak kept on playing the G1 "More Than Meets The Eye" tune (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujtF0K1pNiA) ;)). Animated Laserbeak and Ratbat are guitars. :cool:

Hasbro would invariably assign a faction to the Piano guy, even though he's meant to be a factionless neutral Transformer. But for marketing purposes Hasbro would probably make him an Autobot.