PDA

View Full Version : Big W 20% off all toys. Ends Sun 24/07/16

SuspectimusPrime
19th July 2016, 01:41 PM
Big W 20% off all toys. Starts Mon 18/07/16 and ends Sun 24/07/16. In store only. See below for terms and conditions.

http://i.email.tgw.com/wpm/489/BigW/Images/160719-bigW_05.jpg

Paulbot
19th July 2016, 02:20 PM
All the terms and conditions have to do with laybuy. Is it 20% off if you laybuy toys?

A $200 odd Hasbro Fort Max is a tempting prospect.

SuspectimusPrime
19th July 2016, 02:35 PM
Should be a standard 20% off all toys. Checked their website before posting, TF's already have various discounts (https://www.bigw.com.au/toys/c/68/?q=transformers%3A) >20%, but all Lego has the 20% applied (https://www.bigw.com.au/toys/block-brick-sets/lego/star-wars/c/6822101122/) (home delivery and click&collect not available).

I believe they mention lay-by because this sale is targeted at parents stocking up for Christmas.

reillyd
19th July 2016, 05:32 PM
Can you believe Devestator for $128 at clearance? My store never got ANY to begin with.

Megatran
19th July 2016, 06:07 PM
CW Victorion $135.20 ($169 less 20% off). 3 at BigW Highpoint.

DELTAprime
19th July 2016, 06:31 PM
I noticed the sign when I walked into work today. Too bad we don't stock anything I'm after. But if anyone in Gladstone is still chasing the Lego Ghostbusters Firehouse we still have some and at 20% off that's a great price. Sorry no Maxs or Victorions left.

Firestorm
19th July 2016, 06:56 PM
Cool. Now if only I could find any transformers at any big W I go to
Want to grab a GroundBuster

Omega Metro
19th July 2016, 10:03 PM
They adjust Toy sale lay buys too if you have a current Laybuy with them. Saved myself $330 today.:)

philby
20th July 2016, 08:09 PM
I noticed the sign when I walked into work today. Too bad we don't stock anything I'm after. But if anyone in Gladstone is still chasing the Lego Ghostbusters Firehouse we still have some and at 20% off that's a great price. Sorry no Maxs or Victorions left.

i can't see the lego ghostbusters on the website. will they transfer to another store if none of my locals have it? what is the sale price?

M-bot
21st July 2016, 05:56 PM
Big W knocked 20% off the Fort Max I had on lay-by from the toy sale. As a result, only needed to pay the last $50 rather than $100, and he's now at home.:)

jazzcomp
21st July 2016, 10:28 PM
They adjust Toy sale lay buys too if you have a current Laybuy with them. Saved myself $330 today.:)
Wow! What did you buy?

griffin
21st July 2016, 10:29 PM

Big W knocked 20% off the Fort Max I had on lay-by from the toy sale. As a result, only needed to pay the last $50 rather than $100, and he's now at home.:)

You guys got lucky - I asked at my BigW but they wouldn't reprocess my layby to knock off the 20%. :(

Megatran
21st July 2016, 10:47 PM
^ Go back there when a different staff is behind the layby counter.

Omega Metro
21st July 2016, 11:30 PM
Wow! What did you buy?

2x Lego Ghostbuster HQs, Helicarrier, Heavy Haul Train, and a Fort Max. Funnily enough, they took 20% off the Lego items but didn't do the Fort Max as it was on sale when I bought it...which was news to me:confused:

jazzcomp
21st July 2016, 11:41 PM
2x Lego Ghostbuster HQs, Helicarrier, Heavy Haul Train, and a Fort Max. Funnily enough, they took 20% off the Lego items but didn't do the Fort Max as it was on sale when I bought it...which was news to me:confused:
Weird.... they way I heard it they wouldn't adjust the ones that are cheaper.

jazzcomp
21st July 2016, 11:52 PM
You guys got lucky - I asked at my BigW but they wouldn't reprocess my layby to knock off the 20%. :(
I was lucky. The manager mentioned receiving an email that they aren't allowed to adjust the layby of the big sets. But it didn't make sense since we can always pay it off first, return and re-layby them which will knock off the price.

Luckily, these staff used logic.

M-bot
22nd July 2016, 09:52 AM

The lady that served me yesterday also set up the layby just prior to the big sale. At that time, she voluteered that they would put the price down for me if Fort Max went on sale later and I hadn't finished paying off the layby. And sure enough, she did exactly that when I asked. I assumed from all this that it was policy, even though there's no mention of it in their terms and conditions posted in-store.

I agree with the suggestion to go back when someone else is behind the counter.

SuspectimusPrime
22nd July 2016, 10:59 AM

^ Go back there when a different staff is behind the layby counter.

I agree with the suggestion to go back when someone else is behind the counter.

Or if the price is worth your while find the same stock in another store, lay-by it there, and cancel the lay-by with the first store?