PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC Bound!

requiemau88
20th July 2016, 12:47 PM
I'm off to USA in September (6th to 19th). Hitting up Washington DC, Arlington VA and the Outer Banks in North Carolina. My question, do any of you know of any decent places to hit up TF's in DC or Arlington? Also going to find Walgreens, TR Brainstorm is one of there exclusives possibly ...

Seraphim Prime
20th July 2016, 02:12 PM
DC is very much a political capital and university city, so there's not much in the way of specific toy stores that I recall.

In terms of general places to go, I'd suggest going to Georgetown and Adams Morgan. Arlington Cemetery is interesting if you're a fan of history and historical figures.

requiemau88
20th July 2016, 03:01 PM
DC is very much a political capital and university city, so there's not much in the way of specific toy stores that I recall.

In terms of general places to go, I'd suggest going to Georgetown and Adams Morgan. Arlington Cemetery is interesting if you're a fan of history and historical figures.

We are hitting up DC for two days to see the Smithsonian's (Air space and US History) as well as trying to get tickets to Washington Monument and White has (My future mother-in-law works for the government, so shes hoping to get us some good sight seeing stuff). After that its down to Williamsburg to see 'Historical Jamestown' and other stuff. Than 4 days in the outer banks. Going to the hill the wright brothers flew off.

Also hoping to go to Arlington Cemetery as you said, really want to see the changing of the Guard at the Tom of the Unknowns.

Lord_Zed
21st July 2016, 11:55 PM
I hear you can pick ups some great Trump Memorabilia in Washington now. :p

On a more serious note, from my limited experience there are plenty of great museums and monuments to see in DC, a TF hunt was the last thing on my mind, maybe look for the local comic shop?