PDA

View Full Version : Practice sketch

Sam
3rd August 2016, 11:57 PM
This was mainly for me to learn and try to memorize (keyword being "try") Omega Supreme's features.

http://orig15.deviantart.net/9f15/f/2016/216/2/0/omega_supreme___rough_sketch_by_wildspark-dackb8b.png

Soviet Fox
4th August 2016, 12:53 AM
Nice job. looks great

haydenite
9th August 2016, 10:40 PM
Nice work !!

doublespy
10th August 2016, 09:13 PM
Love it. Excellent lines!

philby
10th August 2016, 10:24 PM
cool :) is that a conquered Bruticus?

Sam
10th August 2016, 11:33 PM
cool :) is that a conquered Bruticus?

Yep. :)

The composition of the whole is pretty bad though, I mean the pose does not convey Omega's size and it just felt very "restricted" given the paper's dimensions. I am probably going to do it over two pieces and stitch them in photoshop or something...

Soviet Fox
11th August 2016, 02:06 AM
Just chuck a vanishing point above his head and work some major perspective for grandiosity.
Put the horizon mid shin to knee height and add some depth for bruticus to fade away.
Still think it looks great.
You could just mess with free transform in photoshop to play with how much perspective to use

UltraMarginal
11th August 2016, 10:35 AM
Yep. :)

The composition of the whole is pretty bad though, I mean the pose does not convey Omega's size and it just felt very "restricted" given the paper's dimensions. I am probably going to do it over two pieces and stitch them in photoshop or something...

Just chuck a vanishing point above his head and work some major perspective for grandiosity.
Put the horizon mid shin to knee height and add some depth for bruticus to fade away.
Still think it looks great.
You could just mess with free transform in photoshop to play with how much perspective to use

I was also going to say that I liked it, but then I read these two comments and they both make good sense. I still like it, but I get what you're saying about a sense of scale. With that in mind I'm looking forward to round 2!