Target toy sale Thurs 9th - Wed 15th October

http://www.target.com.au/html/catalogue/catalogues.htm

Marvel Crossover TF - $24.99
Animated Activators - $13
Animated Deluxes - $22
Animated Voyagers - $35
Evolution of a Hero (deluxe 2 pack) - $35
Animated Cyber BB - $35

20% Transformer Puzzles (i think they are ~6.40 each)
TF movie with Bumblebee mask - $20

Could return voyagers brought during the 10% sale if they restock or if possible apply the discount to your existing layby (not sure on that)

jaydisc
6th October 2008, 08:54 PM
Animated Deluxes - $22
Animated Voyagers - $35

Nice work Bread! I knew it was coming!

STL
6th October 2008, 10:53 PM
Other than the Voyagers, it doesn't seem like very good prices. :( They realise the economy's in decline, right? Right?

i_amtrunks
7th October 2008, 10:47 AM
hrmmm, this would require my local targets to actually stock Animated figures, rather than movie figures...

STL
7th October 2008, 11:16 AM
Any Lego, Bread?

autobreadticon
7th October 2008, 11:18 AM
Any Lego, Bread?

i can't remember seeing any in the catalogue, but err i don't want to look at the catalogue right now ;):o

jaydisc
7th October 2008, 11:29 AM
Any Lego, Bread?

None I can see.

JuzMel
7th October 2008, 11:31 AM
Hey guys, just a question, I have some animated voyagers on layby from the last 10% off only sale, so can I ask them to match the layby price to this new sale price of $35?

jaydisc
7th October 2008, 11:38 AM
The official policy is that they'll price match a competitor's price for anything you have on layby. It would be tough for them to argue. It's certainly worth a shot.

JuzMel
7th October 2008, 11:55 AM
I mean asking Target to price match their sale price from a layby I have with them -> Target. If they are willing to price match with competitors, would they have reason NOT to price match with their own sale price? Ta

jaydisc
7th October 2008, 12:24 PM
I mean asking Target to price match their sale price from a layby I have with them -> Target. If they are willing to price match with competitors, would they have reason NOT to price match with their own sale price? Ta

Yup. That's exactly what I'm saying too. :) While there policy doesn't say it, it would be tough for them to argue.

Stompy
7th October 2008, 09:24 PM

I did this when I lay-by'd MP-04 and was angrily told by the cranky-manager-on-duty that they cannot do that. Even when I said, that it is a bit ridiculous that they wouldn't price match their own sale price on a lay-by'd item. Eventually the nicer-check-out-lady told me to just go to the service desk and ask there.

I went there and the angel-of-a-girl-attendant said no worries at all and refunded the item and rebought it on the sale price.

I think their policy does not allow them or they are unable to change lay-by item prices.

My point is though, there's no need to get so narky when being asked for service when you work IN customer service. I HATE bad service.

Firecracker
7th October 2008, 09:30 PM
Any Lego, Bread?

I do believe it's 20% off Lego.

STL
7th October 2008, 10:38 PM

Woot!!! Thank you!

Golden Phoenix
8th October 2008, 12:45 AM

Awww nuts. I told my misses I'd be good this week, there goes that plan.

STL
8th October 2008, 02:10 AM
Awww nuts. I told my misses I'd be good this week, there goes that plan.

U know u like it when ur naughty. :p

JuzMel
8th October 2008, 09:28 AM
I did this when I lay-by'd MP-04 and was angrily told by the cranky-manager-on-duty that they cannot do that. Even when I said, that it is a bit ridiculous that they wouldn't price match their own sale price on a lay-by'd item. Eventually the nicer-check-out-lady told me to just go to the service desk and ask there.
I went there and the angel-of-a-girl-attendant said no worries at all and refunded the item and rebought it on the sale price.
I think their policy does not allow them or they are unable to change lay-by item prices.
My point is though, there's no need to get so narky when being asked for service when you work IN customer service. I HATE bad service.

Wow Stompy, now I am really afraid to ask them to adjust the layby prices. :( I'm hoping I can find more Animated Lugnutz, Grimlock and Blitzwing again then I can layby again together with more LEGO... hehe, otherwise I'll just do what you did, refund and re-purchase at the service counter. :)

P.S: Honestly some of this bad service usually occurs to us non-Caucasians -> a bit of a racist thing I believe. :rolleyes:

Yeah + 1. I just got the catalogue this morning, 20% OFF ALL LEGO, some promoted on page 8:

- Star Wars Magna Guard now $63.99, save $16
- Star Wars Droid Gunship now $47.99, save $12
- Agents Mission 1 Jet Pack Pursuit now $11.99, save $3
- Agents Mission 2 Swamp Hunt, now $23.99, save $6
- City 4 Wheel Drive now $14.39, save $3.60
- City Coast Guard Helicopter & Raft now $47.99, save $12

jaydisc
8th October 2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah + 1. I just got the catalogue this morning, 20% OFF ALL LEGO, pictured on page 8

Wow! I just went back and looked at the online catalogue and there are gaps of pages missing (including 8 of course)! Sorry for my false advice.

TheDirtyDigger
8th October 2008, 10:48 AM
P.S: Honestly some of this bad service usually occurs to us non-Caucasians -> a bit of a racist thing I believe. :rolleyes:

I don't believe that's correct Mel. STL has no problems like that. Ask him for some tips on how to approach these things.

Stompy
8th October 2008, 11:02 AM
Wow Stompy, now I am really afraid to ask them to adjust the layby prices. :( I'm hoping I can find more Animated Lugnutz, Grimlock and Blitzwing again then I can layby again together with more LEGO... hehe, otherwise I'll just do what you did, refund and re-purchase at the service counter. :)

When you get tot he service desk, don't ask to get it refunded, just let them know if they can match the current price, if they can't then do as above.

No. It's just general bad service. I see it all the time happen to all different people. Some people just shouldn't work at customer service. Like that chick at KFC when she told off STL for putting his TF figures on an empty adjacent table. That made my blood boil.

Krayt
8th October 2008, 11:08 AM
As far as i'm aware, they have to match a price reduction if it occurs while your items are on layby. All stores are obliged, Myers does it as does Kmart....

The catch is, you have to be the one to bring it up.... they won't drop it automatically, and they won't offer it if your collecting withing the sale time.

I did it t kmart the other day, last time they had 20% off TF and SW as i'd laybyed Powerglide and some SW 2 packs... didn't even need the receipt, just went in and they did it.

What they can't do is add an employee discount after the layby is started, or alter it (in the case of kmart and the 15% employee they had the first weekend.... had to cancel my m Falcon lego and redo to get the 15% staff, but the price reduction from laybying before the sale was fine)

iceburn
8th October 2008, 11:09 AM
the KFC chick probably wants STL's TFs that's why.
she thought if they weren't his..she could have them but too bad!

let's go back and do it again :)

STL
8th October 2008, 11:15 AM
Great news on the Lego. I'm itching to buy some. I spend more on Lego these days than TFs, I'd wager!

I don't think it is. There is a certain stereotype, I do agree. Hell, I have a mindset where there are pesky Indian/Asian people who always want to squeeze you myself so I don't think it's a racist thing necessarily. Just bad customer service skills b/c we shouldn't be ascribing such labels.

Most of the time, it's a degree of patience and courtesy which they too often are willing to return in kind. Like for instance, asking them how their day is genuinely, little casual conversation, if the line's busy in a price match, saying that you'd be happy to stand aside if that helps. It all makes them all the more eager to help you.

TheDirtyDigger
8th October 2008, 11:20 AM
Great news on the Lego. I'm itching to buy some. I spend more on Lego these days than TFs, I'd wager!

I don't think it is. There is a certain stereotype, I do agree. Hell, I have a mindset where there are pesky Indian/Asian people who always want to squeeze you myself so I don't think it's a racist thing necessarily. Just bad customer service skills b/c we shouldn't be ascribing such labels.

Most of the time, it's a degree of patience and courtesy which they too often are willing to return in kind. Like for instance, asking them how their day is genuinely, little casual conversation, if the line's busy in a price match, saying that you'd be happy to stand aside if that helps. It all makes them all the more eager to help you.

...and smile and flirty eyes, yes?

iceburn
8th October 2008, 11:22 AM
well STL always has the charms with checkout chicks...now he's upgraded to even layby chicks

[edit] but not hot enough for the KFC chick

JuzMel
8th October 2008, 11:53 AM
Ok FINE, with all the hype about the racist thing, I take that back, I guess it's because most sales personnel are chicks and I'm one too, so they are NICER to guys :rolleyes: and yeah the KFC chick probably found THAT was the only way she can create a conversation with STL... hehehe :D

And thanks guys, I will try to ask them to match the sale price at the layby counter first. I think I mentioned before the sales pple at Target Foresthill are quite ok.

Pulse
8th October 2008, 12:45 PM
... Like that chick at KFC when she told off STL for putting his TF figures on an empty adjacent table.

Heehee! :D STL got told off by a KFC chick... :p

autobreadticon
8th October 2008, 01:02 PM
well STL always has the charms with checkout chicks...now he's upgraded to even layby chicks

[edit] but not hot enough for the KFC chick

hahahah

JuzMel
9th October 2008, 10:10 AM
Did I mention I absolutely love the Target at Forest Hill? :p They always have stock for sales. Unfortunately just not the new Animated Wave 3 and 4 yet.

But they do have Animated Voyagers:
- 2 Blitzwing, 3 Grimlocks, 3 Lugnutz and 4 Earth Mode Primes and 4 Supreme Class Roll-Out Primes left after I grabbed my share to layby again.

(So happy didn't have to go through the dreaded scene of asking them to adjust the layby amount! :) )

Gutsman Heavy
9th October 2008, 02:32 PM
My target only got wave 1+2 deluxes, didn't even bother with voyagers. Pricks.

jaydisc
9th October 2008, 03:32 PM
Same here. Maroochydore had zilch.

Golden Phoenix
9th October 2008, 05:19 PM
City was dismal as usual. Bunch of Screen battles, Night Watch Movie Primes and the occasional Movie deluxe.
They did have a bunch of Supreme animated primes though

Fungal Infection
9th October 2008, 07:11 PM
This Target sale is a crock of shit. Went to 3 Targets, none had any on show and no tickets on shelf either and there doesn't appear to be any evidence there ever was anything on show. I even asked the guy if they had any and he said yeah but they sold out which is bull cause I was in the store before closing time yesterday and there was nothing and in again at opening time just before I started work and still nothing. Then I returned at lunch, nada still. :mad:

Pulse
9th October 2008, 07:59 PM
A local Target had a tonne of those Bumblebee 2-packs & basically nothing else... :rolleyes:

STL
9th October 2008, 10:56 PM
Absolutely nothing to show for today. TF-wise it was a friggin' joke. One place had a smashed up Grimlock and another had Wave 1 Voyagers. Barely even an deluxes and all I have to show is a very pissed off girlfriend. I don't have a car at the moment and so we used her car to go around "together" today and boy was she pissed by the time we finished up at Greensborough.

I should add that others should try and grab a Myer catalogue and price-match Supreme Prime down to $69.95 if they want it.

jaydisc
10th October 2008, 11:15 AM
I found the latest wave of Voyagers today. Looks like they had more, but by this morning only had 2 x Lugnut, 1 x Grimlock & Blitzwing. A few wave 1 deluxes.

1orion2many
10th October 2008, 12:13 PM
Checked the local Target and as per usual with this one nothing that is on sale is on the shelves:rolleyes:.

sifun
10th October 2008, 02:01 PM
target had nothing worth buying :/

Kyle
10th October 2008, 02:42 PM
If your Target happens to still have any of the older Movie Optimus Blaster WITH the bonus FAB Optimus figure in stock, it'll scan at $9.86 :eek: (At least my Target did.)

STL
10th October 2008, 08:27 PM
If your Target happens to still have any of the older Movie Optimus Blaster WITH the bonus FAB Optimus figure in stock, it'll scan at $9.86 :eek: (At least my Target did.)
If anyone in Melb, finds one, colour me interested

autobreadticon
11th October 2008, 04:20 PM
frekin awesome time to have this animated sale at target even though no new stock is ariving at Target, since the new wave 3&4 deluxes and new voyagers are released at Kmart, its price match heaven and if your lucky an extra 10% off the matched sale price ;)

Kyle
11th October 2008, 08:58 PM
frekin awesome time to have this animated sale at target even though no new stock is ariving at Target, since the new wave 3&4 deluxes and new voyagers are released at Kmart, its price match heaven and if your lucky an extra 10% off the matched sale price ;)

Sigh... If only we in Perth manage to find Wave 3 or 4 at our Kmarts here... :(

1orion2many
12th October 2008, 01:37 AM
Don't worry Kyle they'll show up, about a week or 2 after the sale:rolleyes:.

Kyle
12th October 2008, 08:29 AM
Don't worry Kyle they'll show up, about a week or 2 after the sale:rolleyes:.

I'm sick of visiting Kmart like twice a day... before and after work. :o

Pulse
12th October 2008, 01:03 PM
I hardly even bother checking the stores for figures I want anymore - it's always just a fruitless exercise... :rolleyes:

(Online shopping has become one of my new best friends... :D)

jaydisc
12th October 2008, 07:30 PM
I hope you're shopping in AUD.

Pulse
12th October 2008, 07:36 PM
Not necessarily...

I really don't pay attention to where I make my purchases - As long as they've got the item in stock & for a good price, I'm sold! :) (Although Amazon seems to be a store I frequent quite a bit :o)