PDA

View Full Version : ToyBento (new online store)

OptimusNerd
8th September 2016, 12:42 PM
Hey everyone - just wanted to give you a heads up about a new (sort of) store opening later this month. The stock is still being added, but he will be carrying official and 3P/KO items.

http://www.toybento.com/

The owner has operated for quite a while via a private FB group called "Ben's Shop of Delights" but he's now moving to a full fledged website.

He's been great to deal with, and I have no doubt this will continue on the new site. He has a loyal customer following already from the FB group.

Official opening is 22/September but he has some stock loaded on the site now and is accepting orders. Pretty fair policies regarding shipping, $150+ USD ships free to Australia. Shop operates from Singapore.

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
8th September 2016, 01:16 PM
Hmmm AU$10 per shipment (http://www.toybento.com/why-buy-from-us/) (if you don't manage to get the free shipping), that's really good! Definitely a shop to look at when it opens completely!

Cheers!

UltraMarginal
8th September 2016, 03:54 PM
Some pretty good prices on there too.

reillyd
8th September 2016, 08:57 PM
Ben spruked it on one of his videos, and I've had it bookmarked for over a month and waiting for it to open :)

liegeprime
9th September 2016, 07:36 AM
Ben is pretty easy to deal with. Its where i got my E Ness mp prime hands and the little apple accessories i use for my TFs. :)

WeallscreamforStarscream
9th September 2016, 10:44 AM
hopefully be able to hold his own because we all know what happens to retailers when they get busier... THEY LOSE THEIR SHIT AND WE GET STUFFED AROUND!

So i got hopes again for a decent retailer... see how we go!

Jenko21
9th September 2016, 10:52 AM
Not really that keen on the Bayformers but that nemesis prime looks pretty damn sweet

drifand
9th September 2016, 12:43 PM
I don't mind looking at this store as other stores I may have tried are over loaded and this could be better service which some are looking for.

OptimusNerd
9th September 2016, 03:53 PM
FYI - $113.50 AUD for a MP Starsaber... and Ben confirmed that it's legit, not the KO.

drifand
11th September 2016, 03:19 AM
FYI - $113.50 AUD for a MP Starsaber... and Ben confirmed that it's legit, not the KO.

And I bought one for my friend. Let's see how good is the service.

drifand
12th September 2016, 02:52 PM
Well for those who want fan toys willy, he can get it in at $125 shipped.
Also immediately chats with you (for now when new). So if you were wanting a more personal service approach, this will be it.

DaptoDog
12th September 2016, 03:13 PM

They have my attention.

OptimusNerd
13th September 2016, 02:28 PM
$98.50 AUD (each) for both G2 Superion and G2 Menasor

drifand
13th September 2016, 05:01 PM
Just bought more items from him and got discount.
I think I found myself a new store for some of my needs.

OptimusNerd
11th October 2016, 04:33 PM
Update on Star Saber from Toybento:

"Update: This has been confirmed to be factory stock. These are built from extra parts, and early mold runs of the actual MP24 Star Saber. In terms of quality and finishing, it is on par with the original, and it has even tighter joints than the original. However, in terms of purchasing, you should still consider this to be very high quality KO."

Oh well, it was always a little too good to be true, but Ben's done his due diligence and got one himself to clarify before shipping them out to anyone.

drifand
11th October 2016, 07:12 PM
Bought several items from him that are not on the site.

Quite okay so far but eBay prices are also on par with his sometimes.

philby
14th October 2016, 10:53 PM
lol
$98.50 for G2 combiner wars sets
$66 for a fort max sword

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
16th October 2016, 09:49 PM
Interesting... TB just listed the pre-production version of MP Hot Rod:

http://www.toybento.com/takara-mp28-hot-rodimus-factory-stock.html

This is the initial run of MP28 Hot Rodimus with clear windows and visors, recently disowned by Takara.

In terms of quality and paint apps, it's is the same as (or actually, better than) the one in retail. The chrome stays on MUCH better than the retail ones.

Since this is disowned by Takara, this should be considered KO when you purchase

1AZRAEL1
16th October 2016, 10:08 PM
Interesting indeed.

I decided to pull the trigger and buy G2 Menasor off them. First time using them, we'll see how it goes

CHILENO20
16th October 2016, 11:24 PM
Just bought Go Shooter. If he comes through, will happily buy from him again.

OptimusNerd
17th October 2016, 10:55 AM
lol
$98.50 for G2 combiner wars sets
$66 for a fort max sword

Supply/demand. There's a glut of the G2 sets in the market, and not that many swords about. Niche item, but it's important for some people.

drifand
17th October 2016, 02:21 PM
Remember guys they don't go to parcel lockers s I have dhl in several occasions.

Bato
21st October 2016, 01:58 PM
I wanted to register, but that password policy..... :(((

16 chars max, no special characters? That doesn't make me feel very safe giving out my personal info.

DarkHyren
21st October 2016, 06:09 PM
I wanted to register, but that password policy..... :(((

16 chars max, no special characters? That doesn't make me feel very safe giving out my personal info.Not sure of the problem? Just means you can't have ?!@#$%& etc, you can still use all the letters (both upper and lower case) and numbers in any combination up to 16 characters, seems pretty secure to me unless your passwords are like +%uyxn5y7TYsAU?4@43s#SsAFM=Kb^

Bato
22nd October 2016, 08:56 AM
My passwords are like that :)

16 characters passwords can be cracked quite fast, especially without special characters: http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/05/how-crackers-make-minced-meat-out-of-your-passwords/2/

Now I don't know what kind of data the website is storing (since I couldn't register), but if at some point they're asking for financial info, I'd rather be covered by a strong password :(

drifand
22nd October 2016, 07:51 PM
You only pay through their Paypal and they don't ask you for financial info.
But go nuts

BigTransformerTrev
25th October 2016, 03:45 PM
Can anyone tell me how fast their shipping is?

1AZRAEL1
25th October 2016, 03:54 PM
Can anyone tell me how fast their shipping is?

From order? Or just from notification of shipping? I have G2 Menasor coming currently

BigTransformerTrev
28th October 2016, 11:07 AM
From order? Or just from notification of shipping? I have G2 Menasor coming currently

Moot point as I decided not to order the product in question, but it would still be good to know for future reference :)

1AZRAEL1
28th October 2016, 11:23 AM
Moot point as I decided not to order the product in question, but it would still be good to know for future reference :)

Will let you know. It appears my order arrived apparently according to the courier tracking. Can't confirm coz I'm not home. Just hope it wasn't left out the front of my house

drifand
28th October 2016, 03:44 PM
Depending on item it varies from 1 1/2 to 3 weeks. Ben is happy to update you where the item is at but I feel he is getting busy.

1AZRAEL1
29th October 2016, 06:44 AM

Ordred on 15/10, arrived 28/10. Was in transit itself about a week. Well worth it

CHILENO20
8th November 2016, 01:45 AM
My order arrived yesterday. Very happy :) Will happily do business with again.

1AZRAEL1
8th November 2016, 08:54 AM
I had an order turn up yesterday too. Well packed

Thurmus
8th November 2016, 10:50 AM
Placed my first order today. A preorder and a couple of Sharkticons.

Initial_G
8th November 2016, 12:08 PM
I placed my first order on the weekend and my item is currently awaiting dispatch, will be interesting to see how things go :)

Amalgamous
8th November 2016, 10:20 PM
So I have ordered something that shows, Availability: In stock, and still does.
But received an email, Order Placed (Awaiting Stock Confirmation).
On the face of it this is something I really dislike and have in the past cancelled the payment because of, or is it part of the process with toybento?

drifand
8th November 2016, 11:31 PM
So I have ordered something that shows, Availability: In stock, and still does.
But received an email, Order Placed (Awaiting Stock Confirmation).
On the face of it this is something I really dislike and have in the past cancelled the payment because of, or is it part of the process with toybento?

He will refund if it's not available, why you are not emailing him?

Amalgamous
8th November 2016, 11:57 PM
Ordered from him because of the good feedback here, so I take it that this is not normal.

1AZRAEL1
9th November 2016, 12:08 AM
I had same thing when I ordered the sweeps sets. Don't stress about it.

Amalgamous
9th November 2016, 12:25 AM
Cool that is what I hoped, and confirmed from Ben, just part the process:)

Batfan007
11th December 2016, 08:40 PM
If you have not already seen updates on the TOY BENTO facebook group (formerly sales, now feedback based)
https://www.facebook.com/toybento/?fref=ts

there are some issues with the mobile version of the site. He says there to use desktop PC etc which is still working for orders until it is sorted out.

Remember you can easily get in touch with about whatever through that page, and I always get responses pretty quick.