PDA

View Full Version : Big W's cheap Screen Battles and Robot Replicas

Paulbot
7th October 2008, 09:55 PM
As reported by LCZ128 via Jaydisc and Kryat in the Movie Toy Sightings (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3&page=65) thread, Big W are stocking

Movie Screen Battles for $15
Movie Robot Replicas for $10

Screen Battle packs 3 + 4 have been sighted in the Melbourne stores for the first time (Capture of Bumblebee and Desert Attack).

For more joy to the price matchers, these prices are in the latest Big W Catalogue on sale from Oct 9 to Oct 15.

The Catalogue shows Final Stand and Desert Attack packs, and Barricade and Bumblebee Robot Replicas.

Kyle
7th October 2008, 09:57 PM
This is GREAT news. I can finally make my Premium Bumblebee helmet-less! (Need Screen Battle BB's grey mouth to match Premium BB's grey body parts...)

jaydisc
7th October 2008, 10:06 PM
For more joy to the price matchers, these prices are in the latest Big W Catalogue on sale from Oct 9 to Oct 15.

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/renstimpy1.JPG

Woah. That means you can get the 1st two Screen Battles for $12.50 from Kmart! :eek:

kay-al
9th October 2008, 05:41 PM
http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/renstimpy1.JPG

Woah. That means you can get the 1st two Screen Battles for $12.50 from Kmart! :eek:

Which I did :) .... and the Kmart staffs weren't very happy!

Autocon
9th October 2008, 06:19 PM
Big W midland have them

off to aquasition thread:cool:

King Atlas
9th October 2008, 06:27 PM
You know, I don't think the desert attack screen battle is new here, just think there wasn't many around or it was only at Toy r us because I saw it before.

jaydisc
9th October 2008, 06:53 PM
Perhaps you're confusing the Desert Attack 2-pack of Blackout & Scorponok which is a TRU exclusive?

King Atlas
9th October 2008, 08:17 PM
Nah dude, it was out at the same time last year as the 2-pack. I saw them at parramatta westfield's toy r us, side by side. But they had their own section, apart from the rest of the line. Like I said, my have been exclusive and/or shortpacked.

G1Optimal
9th October 2008, 09:34 PM
This is GREAT news. I can finally make my Premium Bumblebee helmet-less! (Need Screen Battle BB's grey mouth to match Premium BB's grey body parts...)

I was thinking about doing that myself...:D

jaydisc
10th October 2008, 04:57 PM
Nah dude, it was out at the same time last year as the 2-pack. I saw them at parramatta westfield's toy r us, side by side. But they had their own section, apart from the rest of the line. Like I said, my have been exclusive and/or shortpacked.

Awesome. Before Big W, that would be the first AU sighting then.

MV75
10th October 2008, 05:10 PM
Infront of me right now on the table, Desert attack and Capture of bumblebee sets. $15 each.

Makes me glad I didn't get scorponok yet, because you couldn't find a deluxe for $15 ever anywhere here. And these come with the little people figures. :)

Just a shame these are the only two sets they had.

jaydisc
10th October 2008, 05:27 PM
Take the catalog to Kmart for the other two.

kurdt_the_goat
10th October 2008, 07:00 PM
I failed at getting a price match at kmart last nite :( The woman (who saw me virtually steal Animated Voyager Prime for 19 bucks a couple months back) was keen to not let me get away with it this time, actually calling Big W and checking for the exact same toy. I would have pressed, but figured my money is better spent tomorrow at Nexus anyway :)

Kyle
10th October 2008, 08:29 PM
My Screen Battle BB has very loose joints in the legs. At least his head looks very good on my Premium BB now... :o

STL
11th October 2008, 11:32 AM
I failed at getting a price match at kmart last nite :( The woman (who saw me virtually steal Animated Voyager Prime for 19 bucks a couple months back) was keen to not let me get away with it this time, actually calling Big W and checking for the exact same toy. I would have pressed, but figured my money is better spent tomorrow at Nexus anyway :)

The one in their catalogue shows First Stand but my understanding is that that is only available at K-Mart. So if you take one of those plus the two others, they will be able to locate it at a BigW and you'll get the discount off the other two as well.