PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Pages : [1] 2 3

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
21st October 2016, 11:33 PM
So it's official (https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.stfu/posts/1181719778560627)!:

http://i.imgur.com/gOMVEBY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5ioa25G.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rrGZPdQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wPMz1qL.jpg

1AZRAEL1
21st October 2016, 11:33 PM
Sounds like it is legit. Now to wait to get one

Borgeman
21st October 2016, 11:35 PM
Yeah just saw it too. So happy to see it comes with the extra gun accessories

Ralph Wiggum
21st October 2016, 11:39 PM
Sold! Anyone want to buy an Appolyon? :D

Megatran
21st October 2016, 11:45 PM
Is the gun barrel too far off centre in bot mode? It appears to be way out to Meg's shoulder.

GoktimusPrime
21st October 2016, 11:50 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/meme_throwmoney_zpsa69472a8.jpg

21st October 2016, 11:51 PM
Is the gun barrel too far off centre in bot mode? It appears to be way out to Meg's shoulder.

Yeah, it does look a bit too far out, but then in the pic with the battle damage it looks a bit further in towards the body, hopefully it means there's some adjustability.

doublespy
22nd October 2016, 12:18 AM
The Movie battle damage head and chest plate, and the Galvatron scanning inner structure....

The gun barrel looks to be adjustable as in the earlier prototype pics it's where it should be~

TAAUBlaster
22nd October 2016, 12:20 AM
Wonder how hard its going to be getting this guy to Aus? Would be awesome if PC are able to offer him!

Jazzman
22nd October 2016, 12:21 AM
Wonder how hard its going to be getting this guy to Aus? Would be awesome if PC are able to offer him!

Fingers crossed! :)

drifand
22nd October 2016, 12:22 AM
All so excited and we going over all the gun laws again soon.
I don't like his back but then again who cares? Nobody is going to see it that often.

22nd October 2016, 12:23 AM
Would be awesome if PC are able to offer him!

I wonder if it would be easier for them to obtain a license to import given they have a reason to do so...

Maybe we should all flood their inbox with queries! :D

Firestorm
22nd October 2016, 12:23 AM
This looks surprisingly good
What are the chances it will even be possible to own one here

Initial_G
22nd October 2016, 12:27 AM
Looks alright, it's very toon looking but I guess follows the current styling of
the MP line.

Personally, still prefer the look of Apollyon, Mightron, Despotron, they just seem more menacing (like Megatron should be) but I'll still get this cos it's official lol :D

Hoping that TT will at least help by shipping it in bot mode and that aussie importers will be able to get it in as well

Smint
22nd October 2016, 12:28 AM
Looks good. Good enough for me to reconsider buying Mightron. Have to see pictures of him next to MP10 first.

It's a tough choice. Despotron's headsculpt is as bad as Mightron's back kibble. Megatron 2.0 doesnt have aesthetics of the third parties and no silver finish. Headsculpt is perfect though.

drifand
22nd October 2016, 12:36 AM
Looks good. Good enough for me to reconsider buying Mightron. Have to see pictures of him next to MP10 first.

It's a tough choice. Despotron's headsculpt is as bad as Mightron's back kibble. Megatron 2.0 doesnt have aesthetics of the third parties and no silver finish. Headsculpt is perfect though.

Somehow you will still buy this. I reserve my 3p for other things as they have their own plus. My concern is that the extension barrel and grip is going to ring red flag as that is what customs will pick up.

22nd October 2016, 01:00 AM
Comparison pic (https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.stfu/photos/a.193516854047596.45210.190726147660000/1181763985222873/?type=3&theater):

http://i.imgur.com/LL4AByp.png

GoktimusPrime
22nd October 2016, 01:40 AM
Hoping that TT will at least help by shipping it in bot mode and that aussie importers will be able to get it in as well
1/ Shipping it in robot mode stopped working with AU Customs in 2007 (which is when they learnt to identify Megatron's silhouette in robot mode).
2/ AFAIK anyone attempting to import this toy - either as retailers or private owners - will need to satisfy legal owning criteria where applicable.

See the sticky thread about owning Gunformers in Australia here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20265).

Smint
22nd October 2016, 01:58 AM
Somehow you will still buy this. I reserve my 3p for other things as they have their own plus. My concern is that the extension barrel and grip is going to ring red flag as that is what customs will pick up.

Haha...well that comparison pic just about seals the deal i guess.

I like the legs and feet. The feet i do not like at all on 3p's. Looks like some clever engineering in the feet.

Ralph Wiggum
22nd October 2016, 02:04 AM
The gun mode looks a lot better than the prototype pics we previously saw. Looking at all the lines on his back and shoulders, he looks pretty complicated to transform.

I feel like this is my definitive version of MP Megatron.

drifand
22nd October 2016, 03:25 AM
1/ Shipping it in robot mode stopped working with AU Customs in 2007 (which is when they learnt to identify Megatron's silhouette in robot mode).
2/ AFAIK anyone attempting to import this toy - either as retailers or private owners - will need to satisfy legal owning criteria where applicable.

See the sticky thread about owning Gunformers in Australia here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20265).

It has worked for Apollyon Desportron and mightron FYI for someone who had not been bothered with 3p counterparts . I think they are looking at an outdated shadow lol

I believe even members in Sydney Melbourne and qld all have one of these pass through undetected

Tober
22nd October 2016, 06:54 AM
It would look so much better if they got his crotch to sit about a centimeter lower. And lost the hip flaps. :rolleyes:

Trent
22nd October 2016, 10:39 AM
It would look so much better if they got his crotch to sit about a centimeter lower. And lost the hip flaps. :rolleyes:

That's quite the Harry Highpants impersonation he's pulling off.

DaptoDog
22nd October 2016, 10:52 AM
I think he looks magnificent. The hip flaps are entirely cartoon accurate, unlike Ironhide / Ratchet. Definitely ordering doubles of him to have one on display. After 30 odd years of Transformers collecting I will finally have a G1 Gun style Megatron! :)

TAAUBlaster
22nd October 2016, 11:14 AM
Fingers crossed! :)

I wonder if it would be easier for them to obtain a license to import given they have a reason to do so...

Maybe we should all flood their inbox with queries! :D

Being in QLD, it might be easier for them to get an import permit than if they were in some other parts of the country. Because we don't require any permits for owning a replica weapon (only need a free permit for importing.) Fingers crossed :D

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd October 2016, 12:21 PM
More pics up, tformers.com has a pretty decent set.

The gun-mode stock becomes a Tamashii-esque stand for him in robot mode. That's pretty clever.:cool:

DELTAprime
22nd October 2016, 12:25 PM
At least we don't have to get someone in Japan to glue an orange plug into the barrel of Megatron like the US collectors do just to import one.

griffin
22nd October 2016, 05:54 PM
Being in QLD, it might be easier for them to get an import permit than if they were in some other parts of the country. Because we don't require any permits for owning a replica weapon (only need a free permit for importing.) Fingers crossed :D

Owning one, yes it is easier in QLD, but importing in bulk and selling them as a business could probably require a gun dealers license, as some other states require it if selling an imitation gun (legally).

spiderken17
22nd October 2016, 06:26 PM
I'm hoping there is no problem for PC since they sold Apollyon.

drifand
22nd October 2016, 06:45 PM
I'm hoping there is no problem for PC since they sold Apollyon.

You need to ask them how many did they have? And if it's limited minus VIP takes leaving almost zip. Too early to say I guess

Robzy
22nd October 2016, 07:09 PM
Outstanding

Penetrator
22nd October 2016, 07:48 PM

so that would mean PC should be able to bring this in pretty easily and ship via local couriers/aust post and get this across to everyone?

MayzaPrime
22nd October 2016, 08:09 PM
So happy that I have a current gun licence still... :D

BigTransformerTrev
22nd October 2016, 08:20 PM

Worked for me in 2008 no problem

griffin
22nd October 2016, 08:27 PM
Another couple of images from that hobby magazine (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/10/21/masterpiece-megatron-v2-0-new-updated-full-color-images-326633) show us that you can build the weapons unit like the Gen1 toy, plus the accessories it will have - the usual ball/chain weapon, the Movie gun and sabre, plus the key to vector sigma, the controller helmet of the Clone Optimus Prime, as well as the three different faces and damaged chestplate.

Bidoofdude
22nd October 2016, 08:30 PM
Looks great, probably expensive though.

Sinnertwin
22nd October 2016, 09:19 PM
I'll be buying 2.
This is a must open and run around pew-pew'ing figure.

Chevron Action Flash
22nd October 2016, 09:27 PM
Looks hella good. Shame the fun police may make it difficult to get one. Will start hitting up a few local sellers to get their thoughts on it.

Mr_K
22nd October 2016, 10:08 PM
So bought!

Looks better to all 3rd party offerings as well....much more toon accurate.

CaminusPrime
22nd October 2016, 10:14 PM
Not sure if want or need!

Also I believe I saw somewhere that the gun barrel is actually bent downwards at an small angle so that it can be legal in some place (perhaps could be a regional variant?) I remember hearing about that when the prototype was leaked a while back

drifand
22nd October 2016, 11:02 PM
Looks great, probably expensive though.

Plastic I doubt it be more than thrust.

DELTAprime
22nd October 2016, 11:19 PM
I just hope this new Megatron doesn't lean like this one after a few years.:p

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/megatron2.jpg

Smint
23rd October 2016, 12:08 AM
Makes me wonder what they were thinking with Megatron 1.0. It's like they actually tried to recreate the G1 toy. It really looks awful in those pics.

bakakun
23rd October 2016, 12:09 AM
The first MP Megs looks like he's about to pull a jojo pose

DaptoDog
23rd October 2016, 08:23 AM
Interesting take on the colour scheme from the TFW boards. Apparently the translation says this is a 3D printed model and as such is more matte than the final version will be.

GoktimusPrime
23rd October 2016, 09:55 AM
I've already been a permit holder since MP5 Megatron, so paperwork wise I'm right. And I'll most likely be turning to a Japan-based store. My MP5 was pre-ordered from HLJ.

Makes me wonder what they were thinking with Megatron 1.0. It's like they actually tried to recreate the G1 toy. It really looks awful in those pics.
To be fair, that toy was released in 2007 - 10 years apart from when this new MP Megatron will be released. TakaraTOMY have progressed a lot in the way that they engineer and design their toys. And while MP36 looks much nicer in robot mode, MP5 still looks more accurate in gun mode. MP5 compromised robot accuracy for alt mode accuracy whereas MP36 has compromised alt mode accuracy for robot accuracy.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/MP_megatron_comparisons_zpsz1vc9qkk.jpg

UltimateGalvatron
23rd October 2016, 10:00 AM
MP-36 Looks like it'll have one hell of a transformation!

IT LOOKS AWESOME!

danny-boy
23rd October 2016, 11:23 AM
I think just send an email to PC first and see if they are willing to get the paperwork done in order to import and sell.

If they know the demand is there from us, then they might be willing to go through all the red tape.

If the answer is no, then think about getting the required paperwork yourself.

I'm buying 2 from Premium Collectables if they stock him.

kovert
23rd October 2016, 11:50 AM
Battle damage and internal optics look great. Neat reference to the 1986 movie there.

DELTAprime
23rd October 2016, 02:57 PM
To be fair, that toy was released in 2007 - 10 years apart from when this new MP Megatron will be released.

Also don't forget MP-5 was designed in 12 days. Normally it takes months to years to design a Transformers toy. I'm not a fan of Yuki's work but even I will admit that wasn't a useful time constraint to be under.

GoktimusPrime
23rd October 2016, 03:25 PM
I did not know that (reference link for anyone else who didn't know (http://news.tfw2005.com/2014/08/05/takaratomy-staff-interview-hisashi-yuki-on-masterpiece-180888))! :eek: That makes MP5 extra cool. :D It usually takes a year to create a Transformer from inception to final product.

DELTAprime
23rd October 2016, 04:01 PM
I did not know that (reference link for anyone else who didn't know (http://news.tfw2005.com/2014/08/05/takaratomy-staff-interview-hisashi-yuki-on-masterpiece-180888))! :eek: That makes MP5 extra cool. :D It usually takes a year to create a Transformer from inception to final product.

He also designed MP-4's trailer in a single night and if I recall correctly MP-24 wasn't a typical length development cycle either. He works fast, but some extra time would probably be good for my overall opinion of his work.

drifand
23rd October 2016, 04:10 PM
He also designed MP-4's trailer in a single night and if I recall correctly MP-24 wasn't a typical length development cycle either. He works fast, but some extra time would probably be good for my overall opinion of his work.

TT shouldn't had rushed him as he left out roller for MP4

WeallscreamforStarscream
23rd October 2016, 06:57 PM
I always wished for a replacement for MP-5 in bot mode (because i have MP-1) so i could display him properly with out worrying about falling over all the time.

might have to get me an MP-10 to display bot modes i guess. I think MP-36 looks rubbish as a gun (compared to MP-5).

GoktimusPrime
23rd October 2016, 07:38 PM
MP5 is a fine display piece, but I'm really looking forward to getting an MP Megatron that I can PLAY with! ...and isn't infuriatingly counter-intuitive to transform. I can think of several positive words to describe MP5, but "fun" isn't one of them.

Jazzman
23rd October 2016, 07:50 PM
I've never transformed my MP5... always heard too many reports of breaking stuff. I'm sure if you're careful it'd be ok, so when I get MP36 I think it'll be time to change MP5 Megs into gun mode. ;)

GoktimusPrime
23rd October 2016, 10:04 PM
You've owned a toy for 9 years that you've never transformed? :eek: The little tabs are fragile, I did end up snapping off one of those, and the shoulder panels are prone to falling off (but are easy to put back on). But the transformation is a combination of being heinously difficult/complex and counter-intuitive which leads to it being more frustrating than fun to transform. Other toys like Big Convoy, BT/ALT Grimlock/Wheeljack and RotF Leader Optimus Prime tend to suffer from this. Toys like MP Ironhide/Ratchet are complex toy, but they're intuitive and fun to transform. All the post-MP10 MPs are generally fun and intuitive, which has possibly contributed to the rise in popularity in this line (which translates to TakaraTOMY producing more figures to satiate consumer demand).

P.S.: This stop motion video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkA9f8rUvKE) shows how MP5 transforms (both from gun to robot then robot to gun). This poor sod's MP5 has that ugly orange plug in the barrel, which is another reason why I'll probably pre-order MP36 directly from a Japanese dealer. I don't want any barrel plugs.

Jazzman
23rd October 2016, 10:13 PM
You've owned a toy for 9 years that you've never transformed? :eek: The little tabs are fragile, I did end up snapping off one of those, and the shoulder panels are prone to falling off (but are easy to put back on). But the transformation is a combination of being heinously difficult/complex and counter-intuitive which leads to it being more frustrating than fun to transform. Other toys like Big Convoy, BT/ALT Grimlock/Wheeljack and RotF Leader Optimus Prime tend to suffer from this. Toys like MP Ironhide/Ratchet are complex toy, but they're intuitive and fun to transform. All the post-MP10 MPs are generally fun and intuitive, which has possibly contributed to the rise in popularity in this line (which translates to TakaraTOMY producing more figures to satiate consumer demand).

Haha, nah only got into collecting again 3 years ago and that's when I scored him... been on display since. One good thing, though - he never fell over during the Mackay earthquake a few months back. I heard he can shatter.

Chevron Action Flash
24th October 2016, 12:16 AM
Errr...I've owned my MP05 for 9 years and never Transformed him. Also, I display him without tbe fusion cannon as it's way too heavy. He holds his pistol instead.

1AZRAEL1
24th October 2016, 12:46 AM
Mine is displayed using a doll stand to hold him upright. Works fine and can't really notice it. But I do want this one

Civic Bossman
24th October 2016, 12:49 AM
I find it amusing that the US require an orange plug in an hair dryer sized plastic gun yet almost anyone can wander into Walnart and buy a rifle!

Ralph Wiggum
24th October 2016, 02:02 AM
I broke my MP5 whilst transforming him...the arm snapped off at the swivel. It's an annoying "C" shape broken in half which makes it nearly impossible to fix as it is a piece which clicks into place and thus placed under strain.

My MP5 sits boxed in the cupboard now.

24th October 2016, 05:32 AM
PC has made a survey regarding MP-36:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JWWLYCF

DaptoDog
24th October 2016, 06:47 AM

I thought that survey was rather pointless.

aching878
24th October 2016, 07:20 AM

:-/ a survey that basically will result in all answers being buying from PC at any cost...

And there's no fee/cost to obtain an import permit in QLD.. pretty much anyone can just fill in the form and submit it for free. so that part of the survey is strange..

once imported tho, would PC knowingly sell to states that have either banned or require a permit to own

Or will they simply waive all responsibility and liability and put that back on the buyer so if anything happens once it leaves PC HQ, it's not their problem regardless if it reaches the intended recipient or not..?

24th October 2016, 07:54 AM
I thought that survey was rather pointless.

I see the survey more as an expression of interest to see if it's worth PC's time to get the paperwork. I don't think they know yet whether there will be any costs associated.

once imported tho, would PC knowingly sell to states that have either banned or require a permit to own

Or will they simply waive all responsibility and liability and put that back on the buyer so if anything happens once it leaves PC HQ, it's not their problem regardless if it reaches the intended recipient or not..?

Yeah, that's going to be interesting to see what they do!

Sinnertwin
24th October 2016, 08:06 AM
That's also one of my main concerns about this figure
Could there be legal ramifications for those that do purchase it through PC, if they don't have the required paperwork? I would assume so.

For example, could big brother request details of those that have purchased through PC to ensure that they are complying?

24th October 2016, 08:10 AM
TFW user Deruji has provided a translation (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/masterpiece-megatron-v2-0-is-happening-in-2017.1088513/page-121#post-14037491) of the text from the Figure King scans:

http://i.imgur.com/9HBHPHb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ypJQJbt.jpg

DaptoDog
24th October 2016, 09:14 AM
I see the survey more as an expression of interest to see if it's worth PC's time to get the paperwork. I don't think they know yet whether there will be any costs associated.

I get that. But they sold Apollyon, why is this any different to that except the order numbers being much higher? Surely the steps they took to import Apollyon should also apply here since each figure represents a replica gun?

aching878
24th October 2016, 09:29 AM
I get that. But they sold Apollyon, why is this any different to that except the order numbers being much higher? Surely the steps they took to import Apollyon should also apply here since each figure represents a replica gun?

Or maybe no steps were taken back then and just wing it blind hence such a different "more legal" approach this time

drifand
24th October 2016, 09:52 AM
:-/ a survey that basically will result in all answers being buying from PC at any cost...

And there's no fee/cost to obtain an import permit in QLD.. pretty much anyone can just fill in the form and submit it for free. so that part of the survey is strange..

Good question is probably PC wants to see if it's worth selling it to us or making a good reason for a price increase on this piece.

Obviously for wa we will judge which is cheaper as paper work is free to begin with.

Raider
24th October 2016, 11:22 AM
Good question is probably PC wants to see if it's worth selling it to us or making a good reason for a price increase on this piece.

Obviously for wa we will judge which is cheaper as paper work is free to begin with.

Won't PC need some sort of firearm's licence to sell it IF the various state governments classify it as an imitation firearm? I wonder then if they have an obligation to ensure that the people they sell it to hold any requisite imitation firearms permit?

MayzaPrime
24th October 2016, 11:23 AM
Won't PC need some sort of firearm's licence to sell it IF the various state governments classify it as an imitation firearm? I wonder then if they have an obligation to ensure that the people they sell it to hold any requisite imitation firearms permit?

It could be a possibility... I highly doubt many people have a firearms licence so it will be almost impossible to source one.

drifand
24th October 2016, 11:32 AM
Many here think just because you buy local you are free from the law. I suggest these people to think again, because it is your duty to comply with your individual state laws if you are being stopped.

Note, just highlighting a fact, not saying it will happen in real life but if it does, you need to comply with the requirements .

1AZRAEL1
24th October 2016, 11:43 AM
TFW user Deruji has provided a translation (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/masterpiece-megatron-v2-0-is-happening-in-2017.1088513/page-121#post-14037491) of the text from the Figure King scans:

http://i.imgur.com/9HBHPHb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ypJQJbt.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

I'm guessing Spring 2017 is Japan season? When is that in relation to us?

aching878
24th October 2016, 11:44 AM
It could be a possibility... I highly doubt many people have a firearms licence so it will be almost impossible to source one.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

I'm guessing Spring 2017 is Japan season? When is that in relation to us?

their 2017 Spring our 2017 Autumn

DELTAprime
24th October 2016, 02:46 PM
I got a response this morning from PC about MP-36. They said they are investigating in regards to the laws.

Also they are looking on OTCA and other forums to see how many people want to get it locally vs internationally. So if you want to get it locally post here that you want to buy local to sway their opinion as to if they will go through the necessary paperwork for us.

I will get it from PC if they get it, but if they don't then I'll go HLJ and deal with getting a permit myself.

millhouse
24th October 2016, 04:04 PM
This looks brilliant. For all the whinging I'm seeing only (grey not silver/legs too long/torso too short) I'm excited beyond words.

I'm actually considering ordering 3, because I'm such a fan of TFTM that I need to display the battle damaged version alongside the regular version (plus an alt mode display too!).

danny-boy
24th October 2016, 05:43 PM
I got a response this morning from PC about MP-36. They said they are investigating in regards to the laws.

Also they are looking on OTCA and other forums to see how many people want to get it locally vs internationally. So if you want to get it locally post here that you want to buy local to sway their opinion as to if they will go through the necessary paperwork for us.

I will get it from PC if they get it, but if they don't then I'll go HLJ and deal with getting a permit myself.

Survey limit exceeded according to PC on facebook. They're going ahead with legal consultation. Great news. I hope it's not limited to one per person. I really want two.

philby
24th October 2016, 11:41 PM
great news on an updated version! i love the look of the accessories :) it does look very 'busy' though with panels and stuff. also the back could be nicer. if you want to do photos and poses and interactions with other figures then having a nicer back would be good.

could be interesting choices with colour scheme, if they want to go full cartoon accuracy then i imagine there wouldn't be any chrome or silver shinyness. or maybe they will do that and then some time later there will be a '+' version... :p

drifand
25th October 2016, 10:48 AM
great news on an updated version! i love the look of the accessories :) it does look very 'busy' though with panels and stuff. also the back could be nicer. if you want to do photos and poses and interactions with other figures then having a nicer back would be good.

could be interesting choices with colour scheme, if they want to go full cartoon accuracy then i imagine there wouldn't be any chrome or silver shinyness. or maybe they will do that and then some time later there will be a '+' version... :p

+ is anime version hence that should be no chrome

DaptoDog
26th October 2016, 07:50 AM
Take a deep breath everyone. There is literally six months before Megatron is released. Plenty of time to work out the licence requirements. Everyone should be able to get their toy. I suggest this convo be taken to the Gunformers thread.

drifand
26th October 2016, 10:57 AM
Take a deep breath everyone. There is literally six months before Megatron is released. Plenty of time to work out the licence requirements. Everyone should be able to get their toy. I suggest this convo be taken to the Gunformers thread.

+1000

Can we just talk about the toy and have all licensing requirements in the gun formers thread? I second this.

I heard Megatron 2.0 comes in grey as shown in the pics and not silver, that was an interesting take on TT

Jazzman
26th October 2016, 11:15 AM
+1000

Can we just talk about the toy and have all licensing requirements in the gun formers thread? I second this.

I heard Megatron 2.0 comes in grey as shown in the pics and not silver, that was an interesting take on TT

I guess there's a lot of potential for various redecos in the future...

1AZRAEL1
26th October 2016, 11:28 AM
I'm all for some kind of black repaint haha

Ralph Wiggum
26th October 2016, 11:29 AM
I'd be ok with a grey variant without silver. I hope its painted though as MP-11 Starscream showed unpainted grey looks really bleh. Megatron is a worthy figure to put a bit more effort in.

Jazzman
26th October 2016, 11:33 AM
I'm all for some kind of black repaint haha

I'm waiting for the Eva redeco! haha :p

drifand
26th October 2016, 11:37 AM
I guess there's a lot of potential for various redecos in the future...

Yeah is a sneaky move considering I would buy silver if they had the two but I Definately take this now too. I can see black and gold being involved in other variant .

Was that a small red/orange button near the scope I see?

1AZRAEL1
26th October 2016, 12:17 PM
I'm waiting for the Eva redeco! haha :p

You know what, that would be awesome, but make it one of the other EVA. Although a funky Jackson Pollock would look great too

Jazzman
26th October 2016, 01:04 PM
You know what, that would be awesome, but make it one of the other EVA. Although a funky Jackson Pollock would look great too

Or an Angel... haha

Jazzman
26th October 2016, 01:10 PM
Yeah is a sneaky move considering I would buy silver if they had the two but I Definately take this now too. I can see black and gold being involved in other variant .

Yeah... we'll get Anime version, G1 Toy version, U.N.C.L.E version, Shattered Glass version... Who knows, maybe even another crossover version from an anime other than Evangelion... Let the milking start! (even though the first release is 6 months off yet haha) :p

FruitBuyer
26th October 2016, 01:18 PM
Definitely the best looking MP Megatron to me, the typical TT cartoon-slavishness makes me giggle when it was pointed out to me he has his pants really high up.

26th October 2016, 06:21 PM

Exactly!

Preorders haven't even hit yet, so it could be even longer than six months!

Remember when Primal was going to be MP-31, but then got pushed back to MP-32?:

http://i.imgur.com/HCrgmdh.jpg?1

I would not be surprised at all if Megatron 2.0 gets delayed.

drifand
26th October 2016, 06:38 PM
Rumours leak mp-37 is hoist with 38 as jazz but I am not sure how creditable is this even though people had trusted the persons source.

26th October 2016, 06:46 PM
Rumours leak mp-37 is hoist with 38 as jazz but I am not sure how creditable is this even though people had trusted the persons source.

I don't trust the MP numbering so much because TT can always throw in a repaint (like Delta Magnus) to take up a slot to buy more time.

DELTAprime
26th October 2016, 07:46 PM
Remember when Primal was going to be MP-31, but then got pushed back to MP-32?:

I thought I imagined that. I guess it was real.:p

27th October 2016, 03:34 AM
PC has announced on FB (https://www.facebook.com/premiumcollectaus/posts/1245420465479539) that it will offer Megatron.

nsm034
27th October 2016, 04:53 AM
come on pre order

VERT
27th October 2016, 05:56 AM
Yep come on pre order. Hope they are getting a ton of them.

DELTAprime
27th October 2016, 07:51 AM
PC has announced on FB (https://www.facebook.com/premiumcollectaus/posts/1245420465479539) that it will offer Megatron.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I won't have to deal with customs myself. I really hate dealing with government stuff.

Deonasis
27th October 2016, 11:58 AM
Looking forward to more magazine scans and yuki tweets as this gets closer to release. Maybe a hostage pic with Hot Rod, Megatron sitting in the Nemesis, Laserbeak on his forearm, Ironhide.. well, you know ....all such cool memories.

I imagine a battle damaged MP+ Optimus will be released sometime to go with Megatrons epic fight scene.

drifand
27th October 2016, 12:01 PM
come on pre order

No panic I think it's a regular release and knowing well stores will do 3 per customer.

Robzy
27th October 2016, 04:20 PM
Thanks. Excellent news.

27th October 2016, 09:25 PM
Hope they are getting a ton of them.

They mentioned on FB (https://www.facebook.com/premiumcollectaus/posts/1245420465479539?comment_id=1246062605415325&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22%7D) that the standard limit of three units max per person applies, so it doesn't seem there's any limit on the amount they're getting.

DELTAprime
28th October 2016, 10:41 AM
Anyone else find it odd that no one has preorders up yet? This might be a really early announcement cause normally there would be at least someone with preorders up by this point after announcement.

aching878
28th October 2016, 11:02 AM
Anyone else find it odd that no one has preorders up yet? This might be a really early announcement cause normally there would be at least someone with preorders up by this point after announcement.

not really given it is still a while to go till their expect eta ..

Jazzman
28th October 2016, 11:09 AM

I would have thought MP Dirge would be up by now... But I know it's not a general release like Megs

aching878
28th October 2016, 11:10 AM
Def keen to see more of the actual transformation, right now it looks to be something that has a significant number of steps but based on their recent release, it would be safe to say it'll still end up being an intuitive / smooth process

1AZRAEL1
28th October 2016, 11:26 AM
If Inferno/Grapple is anything to go by, I'd say quite intuitive. I too am keen to see that. And hope preorders don't go up soon until I have some more money haha

DaptoDog
28th October 2016, 12:15 PM
If Inferno/Grapple is anything to go by, I'd say quite intuitive. I too am keen to see that. And hope preorders don't go up soon until I have some more money haha

Now you have said that pre orders will probably go up tonight. :p

Any guesses on what PC will list this one at? Hoping for around $150 but I'm wary from the survey that we could be looking at a "this is hard to import tax" of say $50, giving a total cost of around $200.

Smint
28th October 2016, 12:52 PM
$190 I reckon. Just a feeling.

aching878
28th October 2016, 01:09 PM
Now you have said that pre orders will probably go up tonight. :p

Any guesses on what PC will list this one at? Hoping for around $150 but I'm wary from the survey that we could be looking at a "this is hard to import tax" of say $50, giving a total cost of around $200.

"hard to import tax" lol

you mean "legal counsel" fee :-p

DELTAprime
28th October 2016, 03:05 PM
Given that he has the P38 UNCLE accessories I bet he is MP-10 priced from Takara Tomy. Just a question of how much PC needs to add on to cover the legal cost.

drifand
28th October 2016, 03:38 PM
Anything below $180 I have no idea why anyone seem to think highly of it, is unpainted plastic, and nowhere as heavy or big as mp-10 with trailer. It be shockwave price range. But that's my guess, anything ridiculous I will just self import it.

Why Po not up? Simple, this was an leak attack on 3p megatrons and stopped their sales quite considerably. This is not till next year. If anything I can almost bet you that they are waiting on maketoys to release pre orders for nightbeat jazz to shock everyone with their own jazz mp. I know I would, that's how I would take down 3p. So there isn't any rush to open pre orders.

Trent
28th October 2016, 06:55 PM
If it's going to jack up the cost of the toy then I might as well get it from another source.

Yep. No point paying he same price as HLJ only to get it 4 months after the rest of the world.

Sinnertwin
28th October 2016, 09:12 PM
Yep. No point paying he same price as HLJ only to get it 4 months after the rest of the world.

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/funny_zpsvahpd0ey.png (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/funny_zpsvahpd0ey.png.html)

DELTAprime
28th October 2016, 09:35 PM

Come on, their not that bad. It will only be 3 months after the rest of the world.:p

But seriously that's one thing PC needs to work on. If HLJ and RK can ship all their orders for an item in 24 to 48 hours PC should be able to do the same.

aching878
28th October 2016, 09:40 PM
Come on, their not that bad. It will only be 3 months after the rest of the world.:p

But seriously that's one thing PC needs to work on. If HLJ and RK can ship all their orders for an item in 24 to 48 hours PC should be able to do the same.

Not if you want low low low prices :rolleyes:

Sinnertwin
28th October 2016, 09:49 PM

I just like watching the rowboat pull up to port with the sun setting behind it...

28th October 2016, 10:00 PM
If HLJ and RK can ship all their orders for an item in 24 to 48 hours PC should be able to do the same.

Well, they're getting f$%ked over logistically by firstly not being in Asia and secondly by Australia Post not delivering everything in one hit.

Go onto the international boards, and when you compare PC to US stores, it's not as bad.

Plus if you're at the front of the queue, you're likely to get delivery on the first or second business day after release.

DELTAprime
28th October 2016, 10:11 PM
Well, they're getting f$%ked over logistically by firstly not being in Asia and secondly by Australia Post not delivering everything in one hit.

Go onto the international boards, and when you compare PC to US stores, it's not as bad.

Plus if you're at the front of the queue, you're likely to get delivery on the first or second business day after release.

The only US store I've dealt with is BBTS and not for a long time. Give me an example of what the US stores are doing.

28th October 2016, 10:13 PM
The only US store I've dealt with is BBTS and not for a long time. Give me an example of what the US stores are doing.

Just reading on the US forums like TFW, people who've ordered from say BBTS and TFSource (and TFSource in particular) are complaining of wait times for figures when you compare with release dates.

Head on over to the various threads on each particular figure and go through them.

aching878
28th October 2016, 10:18 PM

it's always other sevices faults :rolleyes:

Being in Oz is irrelevant as depending on distribution channel any biz can pay the $$$ and have everything arrive in single shipment around same time if not just week or two after asia.

If that happens then the $ of items will go up and people will be upset hence it'll never happen

28th October 2016, 10:24 PM
it's always other sevices faults :rolleyes:

Being in Oz is irrelevant as depending on distribution channel any biz can pay the $$$ and have everything arrive in single shipment around same time if not just week or two after asia.

If that happens then the $ of items will go up and people will be upset hence it'll never happen

They mentioned here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=530199&postcount=390) the Australia Post situation.

If you think they're lying then call them out on it.

DELTAprime
28th October 2016, 10:25 PM
Just reading on the US forums like TFW, people who've ordered from say BBTS and TFSource (and TFSource in particular) are complaining of wait times for figures when you compare with release dates.

Head on over to the various threads on each particular figure and go through them.

Ok found some examples. Sounds like BBTS has lost it's mojo, and it wasn't in particularly good shape when I last used them.

That said what I object to about PC is I order the same item as other people on the board and they get it weeks before mine ships. I just imagine a pallet sitting a warehouse and some decides, yep I'll ship another one of these today.

aching878
28th October 2016, 10:37 PM

They mentioned here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=530199&postcount=390) the Australia Post situation.

If you think they're lying then call them out on it.

Dunno what your reading but my comment states any biz can get stocks faster if more $ is spend, austpost is not the only package distribution service in Aust but will likely incur a higher cost which would need to be passed on to the consumer , thus will likely never happen

Anyhoo the thread is getting off topic so we should get back to talking bout mp36 anyway

28th October 2016, 10:53 PM
Dunno what your reading but my comment states any biz can get stocks faster if more $ is spend, austpost is not the only package distribution service in Aust but will likely incur a higher cost which would need to be passed on to the consumer , thus will likely never happen

Firstly, just pointing out the reason for why some of their shipments to customers may seem erratic.

Secondly, as you've noted, there's costs involved to speed up shipments, and as much as you want to be snide about their services, are you willing to pay more money?

aching878
28th October 2016, 10:58 PM
Firstly, just pointing out the reason for why some of their shipments to customers may seem erratic.

Secondly, as you've noted, there's costs involved to speed up shipments, and as much as you want to be snide about their services, are you willing to pay more money?

Yes I would pay more for better service and speed, hence I only make new purchases from local and overseas sellers that can provide both. :)

28th October 2016, 11:04 PM
Yes I would pay more for better service and speed, hence I only make new purchases from local and overseas sellers that can provide both. :)

Yeah, well that's the thing, if I wanted absolute and guaranteed speed I would shop overseas from one of the Asian stores. But I do like the option of having a store that's aiming for cheap prices with a possible wait time.

If PC jacks their prices up for speed, then the option of low cost with wait time is gone, and having reduced options is not a good thing in my book!

But anyway, as you said it's off-topic, so we'll just close it!

Trent
29th October 2016, 12:13 AM
I just like watching the rowboat pull up to port with the sun setting behind it...

You're such a romantic ;)

GoktimusPrime
29th October 2016, 02:30 PM
But it's often not that low. Trent is right in that you're often paying the same price to get toys much later. I find there's usually no cost advantage with using PC. Sometimes they may be cheaper than overseas sources, sometimes they're dearer, but when I average them out it works out to be about level overall.

This is not meant as a criticism towards PC - there's nothing wrong with matching your competitor's prices. Sure beats TRU's model of being far above anyone else's prices. :rolleyes: And PC would be a much smaller business than say HLJ or a multinational corporation like Amazon, so to be able to match prices with some of these heavy hitters is still pretty good.

Most of my MPs have been pre-ordered through PC, so I am still giving them the bulk of my business. But occasionally I will order through competitors, and this is often because I was too late to jump on PC's pre-order. e.g. I was initially not planning on pre-ordering MP Beast Convoy, but only recently decided that I wanted one when high quality in hand photos of the toy appeared. PC were already sold out as were HLJ, but Amazon JP still had pre-orders available. Price-wise there's not a huge difference, but Amazon was the only one that still had pre-orders available, so I went with them.

If I can hop onto a PC pre-order for MP36 then that'd be great, but at the same time I'm not going to stress over it if I miss the boat because there are other boats that I can catch. ;) We're actually really spoiled for choice nowadays when it comes to sourcing toys from Japan. In the 90s and early 00s I always got my Japanese imports by trading/dealing with individual fans in Japan, which is not nearly as convenient as purchasing online from an e-store (it's a hassle for the person on the other end who has to physically hunt for the toys in store, package it, post it etc.). So yeah, whenever I see people whinge about all these options that we have now, I can't help but wonder how the hell they survived being a TF collector 15 years ago. (-_-)

philby
29th October 2016, 10:26 PM
I just imagine a pallet sitting a warehouse and some decides, yep I'll ship another one of these today.

lol :D

drifand
29th October 2016, 11:20 PM
Well I had items sitting in the post office for 5 days before they decide to notify me to collect. Can be annoying especially if you paid ems.

griffin
1st November 2016, 11:06 AM
All questions and discussion about the laws behind the importation and/or ownership of this toy should be directed to the Gun-Formers information topic here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20265).

The toy is still about six months away - when the relevant law enforcement bodies get back to me about confirmations or updates to the applicable laws and ownership processes, that topic will be updated, and maybe a post might be posted here to alert people of the update in that topic.

All of those particular posts here have been moved to that topic, so that this one can be just about the news of this toy (reveals, images, information, etc).

DELTAprime
1st November 2016, 07:29 PM
^Thanks for cleaning it up Griff, appreciated.:)

Deonasis
1st November 2016, 07:36 PM
Thanks griffin.

I'll be happy with the proportions but i do think a thicker neck on Megatron helped his look in the G1 cartoon.

1AZRAEL1
1st November 2016, 07:49 PM
For the first time ever, I think I am not sure which face to display an MP with. They all look fantastic. The cool calculating base face, the angry screaming face, and the maniacal laughter face. Even the battle damaged looks good. And with the last one, wonder when Takara will release MP10 again with new features like battle damaged Prime. Or likely a 3P has already started on the idea :rolleyes:

ZoonMaster5000
1st November 2016, 08:07 PM
For the first time ever, I think I am not sure which face to display an MP with. They all look fantastic. The cool calculating base face, the angry screaming face, and the maniacal laughter face. Even the battle damaged looks good. And with the last one, wonder when Takara will release MP10 again with new features like battle damaged Prime. Or likely a 3P has already started on the idea :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing and then I thought maybe this where the + line comes into play a mp-10+ with battle damage to accompany megatron.
Just like red alert with inferno.

doublespy
1st November 2016, 09:48 PM
Maybe it's time for an MP OP 3.0?

The aesthetics have changed pretty heavily since the start of the MP 2.0 era.

Jazzman
1st November 2016, 10:16 PM
I was thinking the same thing and then I thought maybe this where the + line comes into play a mp-10+ with battle damage to accompany megatron.
Just like red alert with inferno.

And it'll be hard to pass up if they do, as the MP Megs comes stock standard with the battle damage, you almost have to have a battle damaged Optimus to accompany.

drifand
2nd November 2016, 11:43 AM
Maybe it's time for an MP OP 3.0?

The aesthetics have changed pretty heavily since the start of the MP 2.0 era.

I heavily second it , in fact I don't mind a light ver without trailer.
Light blue windshield, solid yellow pieces and lighter anime colour for the grey legs

MayzaPrime
2nd November 2016, 02:32 PM
I heavily second it , in fact I don't mind a light ver without trailer.
Light blue windshield, solid yellow pieces and lighter anime colour for the grey legs

What about MP10+ version? That could work, I really like my MP14+ Alert

aching878
2nd November 2016, 02:37 PM
What about MP10+ version? That could work, I really like my MP14+ Alert

MP10+ would be nice maybe as a special release, but do rather they take on other characters before doing it...

drifand
2nd November 2016, 02:41 PM
MP10+ would be nice maybe as a special release, but do rather they take on other characters before doing it...

But the whole idea is to match this Megatron so this should be the next character.

aching878
2nd November 2016, 03:04 PM
But the whole idea is to match this Megatron so this should be the next character.

guess we'll find out soon enough

Sinnertwin
2nd November 2016, 05:41 PM
Can't wait for another MP Optimus. :rolleyes:
They should then rerelease all of the existing MP Autobots to match that Optimus, so we can have a more cohesive display.

UltraMarginal
2nd November 2016, 06:04 PM
They should then rerelease all of the existing MP Autobots to match that Optimus, so we can have a more cohesive display.

:D:D:D

You're a funny guy. that would be a lot of toys I could skip, practically saving money!

Borgeman
2nd November 2016, 06:24 PM

Don't forget death scene Screamer, and the battle damaged seekers that were thrown out of Astrotrain.

Ralph Wiggum
2nd November 2016, 07:33 PM
Don't forget blink-and-you'll miss it green chest Devastator.

TT are still getting good use out of the 'ol MP10 Optimus mold so an anime version would be sadly unsurprising.

drifand
2nd November 2016, 07:34 PM
Just waiting on jazz and I am done.

DELTAprime
2nd November 2016, 07:34 PM
I hope we don't get another MP Optimus mould for a long time. If they do Optimus you know they will replace every other current MP over time. I don't want to buy them all again. A MP10+ tho since MP10 is a little more toy accurate than show accurate would be ok with me. I really wonder how the first MP14's colours got chosen tho, he was the least cartoon accurate MP in the current era.

Lord_Zed
2nd November 2016, 07:43 PM
I hope we don't get another MP Optimus mould for a long time. If they do Optimus you know they will replace every other current MP over time. I don't want to buy them all again. A MP10+ tho since MP10 is a little more toy accurate than show accurate would be ok with me. I really wonder how the first MP14's colours got chosen tho, he was the least cartoon accurate MP in the current era.

And yet that's what collecting TF's is all about, sure we get some new characters too, but how much often do we get new versions of the same old flagship characters?

Mp 10 is what? 6 years old so he's getting on in marketing years, though I'm sure they will wait a few years before making a complete new mold.

GoktimusPrime
2nd November 2016, 09:59 PM
Alternatively you could just skip MP Optimus Prime 3.0. I got MP10 because unlike MP1 it had the trailer and Roller, and it was a freebie (:p). Both MP1 and MP10 are excellent toys in their own right and I see no reason to get another MP Optimus Prime. TakaraTOMY can go ahead and release another one if they want, but I'll probably skip it just as I skipped MP11 Starscream and the subsequent Thundercracker and Skywarp redecos of that mould. I'm happy enough with the original MP3 versions (and I do own 2 versions of the MP11 mould w/ MP Acidstorm and Sunstorm).

Jazzman
2nd November 2016, 10:04 PM
Is there anything really wrong with MP10, though? Or do people just have issues with colours etc. Would anyone prefer a version like what we're getting with Inferno (the ability to change between show accurate, or toy accurate features)???

Smint
2nd November 2016, 10:08 PM
His arms a bit long and there's something about his head sculpt. It super nice and all but i'd really like a G1 styled head like the optional head that comes with the MPP10v KO.

Jazzman
2nd November 2016, 10:33 PM
His arms a bit long and there's something about his head sculpt. It super nice and all but i'd really like a G1 styled head like the optional head that comes with the MPP10v KO.

I just had a look MPP10v KO, but I'm just not feeling it. :p I like some of the additional decorations though.

hYpNoS
2nd November 2016, 10:47 PM
Is there anything really wrong with MP10, though? Or do people just have issues with colours etc. Would anyone prefer a version like what we're getting with Inferno (the ability to change between show accurate, or toy accurate features)???

I guess he was made to be more a good general representation of optimus prime with features from both the toy and the show, not accurate to the line but very recognizable.

This new megatron is more in favor of anime accuracy and doesn't match what mp10 achieved, an mp10+ would have little to "improve" upon unless it has a new head since he just needs his back colors changed, shins in all blue, take out the silver chrome and make it white...

I honestly dislike what they're doing with mp's lately, what mp10 had was a beautiful merger of both toy accuracy AND show accuracy (from anime featured accessories to certain paint apps that homage both toy and show appearances), still I'm a sucker for them and whatever they do with a new mp optimus, its gotta be mind blowing

1AZRAEL1
2nd November 2016, 11:24 PM
I love MP10, but a battle damage Op to go with battle damage Megs

Jazzman
2nd November 2016, 11:36 PM
I love MP10, but a battle damage Op to go with battle damage Megs

I agree - will be sweet! But does some serious damage to the wallet! haha

doublespy
2nd November 2016, 11:44 PM
I guess he was made to be more a good general representation of optimus prime with features from both the toy and the show, not accurate to the line but very recognizable.

This new megatron is more in favor of anime accuracy and doesn't match what mp10 achieved, an mp10+ would have little to "improve" upon unless it has a new head since he just needs his back colors changed, shins in all blue, take out the silver chrome and make it white...

I honestly dislike what they're doing with mp's lately, what mp10 had was a beautiful merger of both toy accuracy AND show accuracy (from anime featured accessories to certain paint apps that homage both toy and show appearances), still I'm a sucker for them and whatever they do with a new mp optimus, its gotta be mind blowing

Agreed. It's not much of the colors but more of the aesthetics of a balance between toy and cartoon accuracy.

Since Kobayashi took over the focus has shifted towards cartoon accuracy. Nothing wrong with it and I like both styles. However a complete re-shell may be necessary to give MP10 an updated look

I'd totally agree that there's no real need for a new MP OP but for someone like me who's particular about how their toy robots look next to each other, the difference is quite noticeable.:D

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2016, 12:20 AM
IMO MP10 is a nicer toy as a play set and interactivity with the MP cars, but as a stand alone toy MP1 is the better action figure. I can't really imagine what they could do to significantly improve over the existing MP1 and MP10 figures. Even making it look more show-accurate is merely a cosmetic variation.

MP36 excites me not really because it looks more like the cartoon, but because it just looks like a better toy (although MP5 still looks to have a more accurate looking gun mode). It looks to be a significant improvement, and hopefully one that is more intuitive to transform and fun to play with (my two main gripes with MP5). I have no gripe with MP1 or MP10.

drifand
3rd November 2016, 12:33 AM
Hate both hasbro and TT mp-10 with a passion. Just on one fact, all paint apps or no apps making both just missing out not being there.

As stated till date Eva mp-10 wins hands down as the most properly painted mp-10 fig.

I don't want to even talk about TT choice in mp-10 eyes as they don't match anything at all, screen or toy is out.

Yes I know, replace or paint them myself. But in that case I should just paint and redo the entire mp line myself.

Imo they did not define the mp line properly and that's what the issue is. Standards are off as they paint one nicely and don't paint another.

If TT do a proper premium line, I will sell my entire mp line and restart. I am fine with it because I know the current TT is not the Takara I know and really loved as before.

1AZRAEL1
3rd November 2016, 05:22 AM
When they release toys, they make them to try to appeal to as many people as they can. There will always be people who won't be happy with them. Don't have to buy them though. Or like I did with my Generations Scourges, I painted their eyes red. Modify them if they don't suit perfectly to your own tastes

drifand
3rd November 2016, 05:49 AM
When they release toys, they make them to try to appeal to as many people as they can. There will always be people who won't be happy with them. Don't have to buy them though. Or like I did with my Generations Scourges, I painted their eyes red. Modify them if they don't suit perfectly to your own tastes

The worse part is I waited 4 years to be disappointed, I bought the hasbro for the eyes but the cab is not painted. I bought the TT version but the eyes are just not there with the rest of the current mp line. I thought shadow fisher may be the answer but I am not looking for led eyes. I think that company that is making mp-10 eyes has stopped selling too.

Heck swing back to Megatron , at least this is defined . It is just anime version, and is at least correct. I understand people who want the g1 toy as well in this case as I would want it to sit with the current mp10 properly.

1AZRAEL1
3rd November 2016, 08:49 AM
I think he'll stand well next to all my other MP figures. Aesthetically he is appealing to me. I am yet to be disappointed by a release

Ark-Ivor
4th November 2016, 05:52 PM
I'm still waiting on a G2 version of MP-10 with the trailer airfoil, new guns & new Yaniger style head with optional battle damage, I know we can just swap the trailer from SG OP, but it's missing the pulse side decos and the blue components are too washed out for my liking - also no airfoil.

As for MP-36, it's almost inevitable that we'll get recolours as US style Silver Megatron, Black Megatron & Megaplex, but we might also get UK Marvel Megatron (where the silver is more gold) and I'm certain there'll be a Lucky Draw/Golden Lagoon Megatron.

GoktimusPrime
4th November 2016, 06:26 PM
For our younger members who didn't grow up with G1, the half gold half silver colouring on Megatron which Ark-Ivor speaks of did indeed appear in the early Marvel UK comics and was actually based on G1 Megatron's colours on his original box art (http://botchthecrab.com/archive/decepticon/1984/megatron.jpg). ;) Perhaps they should call it Kaon Gladiator Megatron (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/6/67/State_games_1.JPG) and include an axe and shield (similar to how Marvel US coloured MP Grimlock came with the crown).

ZoonMaster5000
4th November 2016, 07:04 PM
I'm still waiting on a G2 version of MP-10 with the trailer airfoil, new guns & new Yaniger style head with optional battle damage, I know we can just swap the trailer from SG OP, but it's missing the pulse side decos and the blue components are too washed out for my liking - also no airfoil.

As for MP-36, it's almost inevitable that we'll get recolours as US style Silver Megatron, Black Megatron & Megaplex, but we might also get UK Marvel Megatron (where the silver is more gold) and I'm certain there'll be a Lucky Draw/Golden Lagoon Megatron.

I'd say there would be a definite black megatron but i would also go as far to say that there will be homage to browning at some stage too.

GoktimusPrime
4th November 2016, 08:33 PM
I'd love to see a reissue or separate MP Browning figure, but I fear that the character may be too obscure to warrant it. Of course, I'm also waiting for a reissue and MP version of Time Warrior, so... :p

DELTAprime
4th November 2016, 08:46 PM
I'd love to see a reissue or separate MP Browning figure, but I fear that the character may be too obscure to warrant it. Of course, I'm also waiting for a reissue and MP version of Time Warrior, so... :p

Is too much to hope for the Autobot Headmaster Jrs. while we are wishing for obscure Japanese G1 toy reissues?:rolleyes::p

Megatran
4th November 2016, 10:55 PM
Of course, I'm also waiting for a reissue and MP version of Time Warrior, so... :p
Still bringing that up eh? Time will tell... :D

Bidoofdude
5th November 2016, 01:03 PM

Why not a retool/redeco of the Real Gear watch Meantime from the movieline?

GoktimusPrime
5th November 2016, 02:32 PM
Still bringing that up eh? Time will tell... :D
Meanwhile I'm a worrier. :p

Why not a retool/redeco of the Real Gear watch Meantime from the movieline?
I used to have a G1 Meantime! (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Meantime_(G1)). Unfortunately Movieverse Meantime was only redecoed as another Decepticon (Midnighter XR-4). The sculpted Decepticon logo on the watch face/chest makes it impractical to redeco as an Autobot without retooling said portion. I would've loved a Movieverse Time Warrior though.

9th November 2016, 06:28 PM
Megatron preorders (https://www.facebook.com/premiumcollectaus/posts/1259438580744394) at PC set for 8.30pm Qld time tonight.

DELTAprime
9th November 2016, 08:27 PM
Megatron preorders (https://www.facebook.com/premiumcollectaus/posts/1259438580744394) at PC set for 8.30pm Qld time tonight.

Awesome, one hour to go. Also saw this on the PC Facebook page.

AS THANKS ANY CUSTOMER WHO HAS PLACED AN ORDER SINCE JULY 2016 - HAVE 10% off your next order,
CODE - supportlocal
PC OWNER

Gonna use that tonight on Megs.

9th November 2016, 08:36 PM
Report from TFW user Cheem The Rup that RRP is 23,000 yen (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/masterpiece-megatron-v2-0-is-happening-in-2017.1088513/page-155#post-14076778)!

So roughly AU$290! Pretty steep! :eek:

Edit:

Robot Kingdom has their preorder up -- US$190 (http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp36.html).

DELTAprime
9th November 2016, 08:55 PM
Report from TFW user Cheem The Rup that RRP is 23,000 yen (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/masterpiece-megatron-v2-0-is-happening-in-2017.1088513/page-155#post-14076778)!

So roughly AU$290! Pretty steep! :eek:

Edit:

Robot Kingdom has their preorder up -- US$190 (http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp36.html).

No wonder people seem excited about KO's all of a sudden with prices like that.

9th November 2016, 09:12 PM
No wonder people seem excited about KO's all of a sudden with prices like that.

Not to mention the crapshoot of QC at TT these days!

DELTAprime
9th November 2016, 09:23 PM
Not to mention the crapshoot of QC at TT these days!

I know what you mean. I've been lucky as of late, but Ramjet was a disaster even tho the shoulders were put together correctly.

Robzy
9th November 2016, 09:29 PM
Awesome. Thanks :) Is it up yet?

9th November 2016, 09:30 PM
PC's listing is live, lads and ladies!

http://www.premiumcollectables.com.au/products/masterpiece-mp-36-megatron

Jazzman
9th November 2016, 09:31 PM
Woohoo! Got him :D
Don't forget the discount code: supportlocal

DELTAprime
9th November 2016, 09:33 PM
Just ordered 197.96 with the 10% discount.

MrTrick
9th November 2016, 09:33 PM
and sold out... that's quick!

Robzy
9th November 2016, 09:34 PM
Phew - got one!

GoktimusPrime
9th November 2016, 09:35 PM
Pre-ordered! :D

Awesome. Thanks :) Is it up yet?

Go, go, go!

http://www.premiumcollectables.com.au/products/masterpiece-mp-36-megatron

DELTAprime
and sold out... that's quick!

He's still available for me. Maybe cause your in Sydney.

Robzy
9th November 2016, 09:36 PM
Go, go, go!

:D I did - thanks to you I got one! Wouldn't have known otherwise. Thanks again :)

9th November 2016, 09:37 PM
He's still available for me. Maybe cause your in Sydney.

He's still live on my end.

9th November 2016, 09:37 PM
:D I did - thanks to you I got one! Wouldn't have known otherwise. Thanks again :)

No worries! :)

Glad you got one! :D

drifand
9th November 2016, 09:39 PM
Hmm $220? Feels a bit high.

9th November 2016, 09:43 PM

Japan retail is 23,000 yen -- AU$290. Minus 30% from say Anime export and you get ~AU$204.

Use the "supportlocal" code at PC and get him 10% off -- AU$198.

Decent price with 10% discount.

DELTAprime
9th November 2016, 09:43 PM

It's fairly good when you look at TT's MSRP and what RK has him listed at.

drifand
9th November 2016, 09:49 PM
Japan retail is 23,000 yen -- AU$290. Minus 30% from say Anime export and you get ~AU$204.

Use the "supportlocal" code at PC and get him 10% off -- AU$198.

Decent price with 10% discount.

I didn't expect the rrp to be that high.

Yeah not having a go at PC but TT actually.

9th November 2016, 09:53 PM
I didn't expect the rrp to be that high.

Yeah not having a go at PC but TT actually.

Yeah, I was shocked at the RRP!

But then again, with the way they priced Inferno/Grapple, it was sort of expected to be quite high.

drifand
9th November 2016, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I was shocked at the RRP!

But then again, with the way they priced Inferno/Grapple, it was sort of expected to be quite high.

It's sold out

DELTAprime
9th November 2016, 10:03 PM
I expected MP36 to be the same price as MP-10 since he has the UNCLE accessories. The extra $20 was a little surprise but that 10% off code took the sting out of it.

DELTAprime
9th November 2016, 10:04 PM
It's sold out

Still in stock for me. I wonder what's going on.

9th November 2016, 10:05 PM
It's sold out

Just checked, still live.

Robzy
9th November 2016, 10:06 PM
I was expecting to pay more. I'm happy.

Still in stock for me. I wonder what's going on.

Same here

drifand
9th November 2016, 10:10 PM

My bad is on again

MayzaPrime
9th November 2016, 10:38 PM
Preordered 😀

doublespy
9th November 2016, 11:44 PM
Stupid me. Was in a hurry on my phone and didn't realize you can't use two coupon codes for one purchase. Could've saved my Energon points for something else..

Ah at least I got one:p

drifand
9th November 2016, 11:55 PM
Stupid me. Was in a hurry on my phone and didn't realize you can't use two coupon codes for one purchase. Could've saved my Energon points for something else..

Ah at least I got one:p

edit wrong code I was thinking the other.

10th November 2016, 01:36 AM
Preorder up at BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12431&mode=retail) -- US$230!

OUCH! :eek:

1AZRAEL1
10th November 2016, 01:38 AM
Preorder up at BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12431&mode=retail) -- US$230!

OUCH! :eek:

This is why I am grateful for PC heh. With the dollar the way it currently is, I avoid BBTS

10th November 2016, 01:56 AM
This is why I am grateful for PC heh.

Same! Not only do we get a good base price, but a discount promo on top of that and energon points!

We're definitely living in a good time for collecting!

drifand
10th November 2016, 02:01 AM
Now that we ordered one TT can now milk us more with the silver one lol

I can't make out all the price differences, where skywarp is an exclusive and is sky high and starscream is at 9,000jpy at ny.

And I am surprised Megatron cost more than Optimus prime.

I hope the qc is better with this piece.

nsm034
10th November 2016, 02:03 AM
This is why I am grateful for PC heh. With the dollar the way it currently is, I avoid BBTS
Word

nsm034
10th November 2016, 02:10 AM
plus out of the US you get that gumby orange barrel tip.

hYpNoS
10th November 2016, 03:16 AM
I can't make out all the price differences, where skywarp is an exclusive and is sky high and starscream is at 9,000jpy at ny.

I hope the qc is better with this piece.

Online exclusives on the consumer side outside of japan would also include the shipping paid by the retailer, cost of the item plus profit (and being an exclusive this can fluctuate) where's general retail is more direct.

They seem similar but after years with bandai gunpla plamo it made more sense, still annoying as always.

I hope the qc is good, my ramjet's chipped nose still haunts me

GoktimusPrime
10th November 2016, 03:38 AM
Yes, this toy is very expensive - no doubt's there. Even with PC's good discount price and added with discounted code, I paid $198, which is still very expensive. If the rumour about MP36's 23000JPY RRP (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/masterpiece-megatron-v2-0-is-happening-in-2017.1088513/page-155#post-14076778) is true, then this will be the second most expensive MP to date (the dearest is still MP10 at 23100JPY (AU$288). Actually, even at discounted price it's already the second most expensive, so yeah, that's a definite. But at full RRP it's almost the same price as MP10 (MP10 beats it by just $1.25 :p).

But here's the thing... look at the level of design and engineering behind this toy. MP5 cost 10290JPY ($130), but we know that the design wasn't the greatest (for reasons which aren't the designers fault considering that he was literally rushed). Fans have complained about MP5 for years and wished that TakaraTOMY would make a whole new better one. They have now. And yeah, this improved engineering obviously costs more. 2.2 times more to be exact. But doesn't MP36 look twice as good as MP5? Would the difference between MP5 and MP36 be comparable with say the difference in design/engineering quality between a Deluxe and Voyager figure? Because a Voyager costs about twice the price of a Deluxe.

Now to put things in perspective, rather than paying 220% the cost of MP5, PC are instead allowing us to pay 52% more. Okay, a 52% price hike is still significant, let's not ignore that elephant in the room, but if TakaraTOMY's asking price is 220% greater, then it's actually a really good deal.

I hope my maths is right. I woke up in the middle of the night because I got a massive mozzie bite on my right thumb and was having trouble getting back to sleep. Good night, folks.

10th November 2016, 03:50 AM
If the rumour about MP36's 23000JPY RRP (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/masterpiece-megatron-v2-0-is-happening-in-2017.1088513/page-155#post-14076778) is true...

The Robot Kingdom listing (http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp36.html) mentions 23,000 yen so i'd say it's true.

Plus the MP-10 reissue's RRP (http://www.anime-export.com/product/33835) is 22,000 yen, so it was never going to be below that.

sifun
10th November 2016, 08:54 AM
won't let me preorder!!!

MayzaPrime
10th November 2016, 09:07 AM
won't let me preorder!!!

It might have sold out and they just haven't removed the link to order. I saw a PC tweet last night that said there was only 83 left and that was about 1030pm

VERT
10th November 2016, 09:10 AM
Snagged mine at 5.45am today. :)

1AZRAEL1
10th November 2016, 09:13 AM
I managed to nab one at about 1.30am. Probably one of the last. Tried a couple times before it relented and put me through to payments haha

MayzaPrime
10th November 2016, 09:19 AM
I jagged mine at 1030pm. I am so glad that I jumped on Twitter, I was staying off cause of the whole US election.

1AZRAEL1
10th November 2016, 09:34 AM
I jagged mine at 1030pm. I am so glad that I jumped on Twitter, I was staying off cause of the whole US election.

Hang on, there was an election? :p

Kranix
10th November 2016, 09:38 AM
I get all my info regarding PC releases from this forum and hadn't seen this thread but I managed to snare one around 7:30 am, awesome!!!!

1AZRAEL1
10th November 2016, 10:04 AM
Me too. I saw it at 10.30ish last night and nearly bought one then but thought against it because I've spent so much this year. Then I caved hahah

MayzaPrime
10th November 2016, 10:39 AM
Me too. I saw it at 10.30ish last night and nearly bought one then but thought against it because I've spent so much this year. Then I caved hahah

Hahaha... You made the right choice :p

1AZRAEL1
10th November 2016, 11:10 AM
Hahaha... You made the right choice :p

Considering PC are probably the cheapest choice, happily made it. Can't wait for my tax money to come in and pay off my credit card hah

drifand
10th November 2016, 11:38 AM
Just a matter of time now and we see mp37 and 38

ampoldj
10th November 2016, 12:48 PM
Crap totally forgot about this one :( was just reading about it last night going live then got busy with the kids

Edit: in stock again after 30mins, ordered, good i looked up again and never lost hope :D

Now calling attention of Mayza Prime, mate any news on licencing for ACT ?

Starganderfish
10th November 2016, 02:58 PM
Apologies if this has been asked before (tried to search the thread but couldn't find any definite results) but what's the deal with orange barrel plugs in Aus?
I know all about the replica gun licence requirements etc. and that's all fine, but is there anything in any of our state legislation requiring the blaze orange plugs on these or is that purely a US thing?
I know it's not required in Japan and Megs won't come with one installed out of the factory (US sites are all stating they'll be opening the package to glue the plug in) but will PC have to do the same here in Australia? I've already pre-ordered mine last nigh (pissed off with myself because I totally forgot about PC's 10% discount code they FB'd a few weeks ago) but just curious as to whether PC will need to install the orange plugs in these to comply with local rules?
I picked up Apollyon from TFDirect and pretty sure he came with the orange plug (which was easily removed) In hindsight that was kind of weird but I didn't think about it. Are the orange plugs a thing in Aus as well?

Borgeman
10th November 2016, 03:09 PM
The orange plug is irrelevant here - its the overall look of the gun that determines it's realism, since the orange plug can be painted over.

The removable orange plug is an idea to conform/sneak by US laws without ruining the toy.

MayzaPrime
10th November 2016, 03:28 PM
Crap totally forgot about this one :( was just reading about it last night going live then got busy with the kids

Edit: in stock again after 30mins, ordered, good i looked up again and never lost hope :D

Now calling attention of Mayza Prime, mate any news on licencing for ACT ?

Not yet mate, I only had information in regards to importing the MP-36. Now that it is already imported by PC and we will be sourcing it locally, I will have to check about ownership laws in the ACT. I will keep you posted.

ampoldj
10th November 2016, 05:06 PM
Not yet mate, I only had information in regards to importing the MP-36. Now that it is already imported by PC and we will be sourcing it locally, I will have to check about ownership laws in the ACT. I will keep you posted.

Cheers buddy :D

Megatran
10th November 2016, 06:18 PM
Yes, this toy is very expensive - no doubt's there. *snip*
I find all this talk of how expensive MP-36 Megatron is inconsequential once an official, to scale MP Omega Supreme is confirmed. :D

DELTAprime
10th November 2016, 07:34 PM
Mayza, Starganderfish and ampoldj please keep legality question to this thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20265) Griff has already had to purged this thread once of legality questions, don't make his life harder.:p

Lord_Zed
10th November 2016, 07:50 PM
Overall MP prices have increased, but as ine inherent value of main line Transformers has decreased significantly, I don't see Megatrons cost as that big a problem.

I find all this talk of how expensive MP-36 Megatron is inconsequential once an official, to scale MP Omega Supreme is confirmed. :D

Just get the third party one these days the're cheaper than offical toys again. :p

Starganderfish
10th November 2016, 08:13 PM
Mayza, Starganderfish and ampoldj please keep legality question to this thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20265) Griff has already had to purged this thread once of legality questions, don't make his life harder.:p

Apologies. Haven't been following thread and wasn't aware of this. Consider me duly chastised. 😔🙂

10th November 2016, 09:04 PM
Stock pics (https://www.facebook.com/loopaza/posts/1263582697036576):

http://i.imgur.com/WKqNjRh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lzvZA1V.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6mRVTJB.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/X2J9zpG.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/0HEvmy7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BaYr5aX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FTygdeh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HIaouw3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0sqHuDJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZiKrXq7.jpg

Starganderfish
10th November 2016, 09:25 PM
Looks good in dynamic poses but awkward in a static front on pose. Huge head, long legs small chest.

Ralph Wiggum
10th November 2016, 09:35 PM
That flying pose made me giggle as Megatron looks way too happy with that stand up his bum :)

Initial_G
10th November 2016, 09:47 PM
I think he looks pretty good! ... up until the pic with MP-10, then they just don't match up :(

DELTAprime
10th November 2016, 10:16 PM
Gee MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! your all over this thread with new info on MP36, it''s like your a Megatron fan or some.;):p

hYpNoS
10th November 2016, 10:16 PM
How disappointing, was hoping they'd post an image of the tray layout like they did with shockwave (not that it matters all things considered), what's also disappointing is the price.

For mp10, I understand its a BIG figure with a HUGE trailer, is the gunstock worth the bump up or is this really just an outright price hike?

Regardless he looks beautiful, he may not be in all silver but they grey is nice, its still a major shame his back makes the 3p efforts look good, even the dx9 mightron has a better back only because its "clean" and without a massive gap.

10th November 2016, 10:22 PM
Gee MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! your all over this thread with new info on MP36, it''s like your a Megatron fan or some.;):p

LOL! Nah, just bored and searching for things to do! :p

I'm not actually a Megatron fan per se, I just liked how Optimus Primal used to scream out the name in Beast Wars:

https://youtu.be/ZQzXdox9wbQ?t=2m1s

Sinnertwin
10th November 2016, 10:28 PM
Now I'm curious
I wonder how his head ends up coming up from under the chamber and up over it?

kovert
10th November 2016, 10:33 PM
Is MP-36 comparable in size or the same size as MP-29 Laserwave (Shockwave)?

MP-29's list price (which I interpret as RRP) is around JPY 17,000. That converts to AUD $205 as per current rates. MP-10's list price is around JPY 22,000 which is around AUD $265. Just putting the numbers out there.

A number of overseas online stores offer these two items below the list price, which is fantastic.

hYpNoS
10th November 2016, 10:42 PM
Now I'm curious
I wonder how his head ends up coming up from under the chamber and up over it?

Possibly a hinge, but looking at the gun mode and his chest, it might be using some sort of voodoo magic, used to be an image of the theoretical transformation sequence floating around but it seems I never saved it :S

Is MP-36 comparable in size or the same size as MP-29 Laserwave (Shockwave)?

MP-29's list price (which I interpret as RRP) is around JPY 17,000. That converts to AUD $205 as per current rates. MP-10's list price is around JPY 22,000 which is around AUD $265. Just putting the numbers out there.

A number of overseas online stores offer these two items below the list price, which is fantastic.

He'll be scaling to mp10

http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/mp3610.jpg

Megatran
10th November 2016, 11:02 PM
Is that a faux chest piece in bot mode? (1) It doesn't match the chamber in gun mode, and (2) there is a battle damaged alternative chest piece.

GoktimusPrime
10th November 2016, 11:19 PM
I believe you may be correct. Well spotted. :)

I like how Megatron's stock becomes articulated as the gun emplacement. Not only does it allow the cannon to be able to aim in more directions, but it kinda makes the stand look like it can absorb recoil.

Heh, after owning MP Convoy for nearly 13 years (it'll be definitely past the 13 year mark by time MP36 comes out) I'll finally have an MP Megatron for Convoy to have that Sherman Dam duel with! :eek:

ZoonMaster5000
10th November 2016, 11:58 PM
I found his head, it's in front of the trigger guard in gun mode. So there's some definate tt wizardry going on there somewhere.

DELTAprime
11th November 2016, 12:57 AM
I found his head, it's in front of the trigger guard in gun mode. So there's some definate tt wizardry going on there somewhere.

Yep that looks like the back of his bucket, err I mean head.

I was thinking if you asked a TT employee to defend the MSRP on Meg's they would probably say the figure + UNCLE accessories add up to a MP10 price tag, then add on the faces, chest plate and the Key to Vector Sigma and you get the MP36 MSRP.

Oh and Gok, I hate to break it to you, but that 13 year old Convoy ain't gonna scale well with MP36.:p

GoktimusPrime
11th November 2016, 11:40 AM
Where did you get that RRP for MP10 from? Because according to official MP site (http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/search/masterpiece/) MP10's RRP was 23100JPY ($285).

Oh and Gok, I hate to break it to you, but that 13 year old Convoy ain't gonna scale well with MP36.:p
Eh, scale doesn't bother me that much (hence why I don't care about getting the Walgreen Brainstorm, my Voyager is fine ;)). Although I do have MP10 as well (t'was a freebie from Hasbro since I did the adaptslation for the booklet ;)). :)

11th November 2016, 08:59 PM
Preorder up at Anime Export:

http://www.anime-export.com/product/33874

RRP confirmed at 23,000 yen, list price at 16,100 yen.