PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Wrestlemania! (Damn Noob :P

Pulse
20th January 2008, 02:35 PM
Heya! I'm another Death Valley boy (shout out to Liege) who's been a TF Loser for way too long & blown way too much on them as I can care to remember.

Thought I'd give you a brief history of my relationship with TFs.

In the late 80's, I was at a giant Garage Sale where I found a junker Blue & Black transforming jet (Dirge) but because he was ready for the scrapheap, I left him behind.

A year or so later, My mum bought me 4 micromasters which I took to school to show off. I only came home with 2 them & then somehow I lost the other 2 as well - as you do.

Sometime during 2001 (when I was still at uni) I bought a RID Prime & Magnus and when I tried to combine them - I realised I was a sap & put them away.

Halfway through 2005 I saw Energon Unicron in a local David Jones & picked him up. This was followed by Energon Landmine in an Uncle Petes, Energon Galvatron in a TRU & then I was hooked. I seem to pick up TFs going through one line at a time and only get what I want. I can't wait to get my hands on TFTM incinerator, Stockade, Big Daddy & the Scout Repaints. Following that - Classics 2.0 (Universe) is definitely in the firing line.

I'll be posting pics of my humble collection in a bit (the ones that are out on display that is) & my latest acquisition.

Oh & one more thing, these are the only TF related things that survived my childhood.

The Bowls I can remember having forever but the Audiotape story book I only found a couple of months ago at a garage sale I had where I sold all of my Stars Wars lego for $520 - Woo Hoo! Anyway, you reckon the bowls & book (I have no idea what happened to the tape) may actually be worth something?

liegeprime
20th January 2008, 03:44 PM
I shout back fellow Quaker!! Welcome!!!! :D:D:D

iceburn
20th January 2008, 03:52 PM
welcome to Ozformers Pulse!
have a great one

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2008, 04:04 PM
Aaargh! I wanna hear that tape! LMK if you ever find it because I actually have a small portable cassette tape player that I could bring along to a fan meet - we can all gather around it's little mono speaker and read along with the story! :D

"Turn the page when you hear the blood-curdling scream..."

Pulse
20th January 2008, 05:50 PM
Gok, I think that tape is long gone. But I'll definitely try to get along to the next Syd fan meet.

Reflecting on TFs & related things, I can also recall times in primary school where other kids used to throw Rocklords at each other & then ask whether or not they hurt like real rocks.

Tiby
20th January 2008, 06:53 PM
Welcome! But there's no such thing a TF loser here!

Soundwarp
20th January 2008, 07:10 PM
Welcome....

Wrestlemania?

1orion2many
20th January 2008, 07:25 PM
:)Welcome to the board and I agree with Soundwarp, Wrestlemania:confused:

Pulse
20th January 2008, 08:12 PM
Me being a huuuuuuuge rasslin' fan, I'll be tying in as many rasslin' references as I can - or maybe I shouldn't

Borgeman
20th January 2008, 08:26 PM
nah man, rasslin is teh shizzle (sometimes :p)

welcome aboard mate

George

Rampage
20th January 2008, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the Board :)

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 09:15 PM
Ahoy matey, Welcome abord, How the dickens are ya?

roller
20th January 2008, 09:26 PM
welcome

Wrestleing hasnt been real since Chips Rafferty and David Irving duked itout in 1999

dirge
20th January 2008, 09:44 PM
This thread is staged! d:

(welcome aboard)

Soundwarp
20th January 2008, 09:50 PM
Me being a huuuuuuuge rasslin' fan, I'll be tying in as many rasslin' references as I can - or maybe I shouldn't

Go for it mate, i am a huge wrestling fan. Have been my whole life!!

Pulse
20th January 2008, 09:53 PM
You're not suggesting that rasslin' is fake, are you?

Don't mention that to David Schultz or he'll do this to ya...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbl92RqHVmk

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2008, 12:27 AM
...I have nothing pleasant to say about Pro Wrestling...

LOOK! A purple distraction!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Transfan%20Meets/Sydney%20Meet%20January%202008/sydmeet0108_10.jpg

1orion2many
21st January 2008, 12:31 AM
:)Not as real as it used to be when they used to show the Australian wrestling back in the mid seventies(this is really showing my age:eek:).:D

Saintly
21st January 2008, 09:47 AM
welcome again pulse! hope you enjoy your stay!

Bartrim
21st January 2008, 02:00 PM
Welcome. Yay another wrestlin' fan.

Where as I can't remember as far back as 1orion I have been a fan my whole life. My earliest memory is probably when the Dream Team won the tag team titles from The Great American Express when Brutus Beefcake used brass knuckles on Barry Windham whe the ref wasn't looking (conveniently enough;))