PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest way to send large transformers boxes to Perth from Melbourne?

laproblematique
24th October 2016, 06:00 PM
I've listed some larger Combiner Wars gift sets on ebay and have had a buyer purchase one. I've only listed shipping at $20 - roughly what it costs to Adelaide, Queensland, N.S.W etc. but Perth is always dearest.

Are there any other methods that east coasters use to send to the west coast that is affordable? I think Startrack requires setting up an account and I tried couriersplease but they were charging even more. :eek:

DarkHyren
24th October 2016, 06:10 PM
Try looking at some other courier services, https://www.transdirect.com.au/ does a quick comparison of a few different ones and lets you pick whatever option you think is best.
I've also heard others mention Officeworks Mailman as a cheaper option http://www.officeworks.com.au/mailman but I've never used them myself

GoktimusPrime
24th October 2016, 08:08 PM
The cost of posting stuff coast to coast is ridiculously expensive. It's actually cheaper to post things to Japan than it is to post to Perth, I kid you not. :rolleyes:

Jetfire in the sky
27th October 2016, 02:42 PM
The 5KG pre paid satchel is pretty big from Australia Post, if you can box up the CW box to protect it, it might still fit in the bag.
Also with e-bay if you use an Aus Post Bx4 box (5 kg box) it is charged at a flat rate through your seller account.

DELTAprime
27th October 2016, 07:25 PM
My Aunt is a business manager at Australia Post, she let me know Star Track still requires you to spend a minimum dollar amount on shipping each month. They are out the question for any private individual. Australia Post was looking into allowing AP Business Centers to sell Star Track services to anyone but they have gone quite on that idea.

Personally I wish anyone could use Star Track, it's cheap and fast.

drifand
27th October 2016, 09:12 PM
Transdirect is based on size of box as I sent 13kg of baby formula to nsw only cost $21 while a toy of 3kg with bigger box cost $25.

Don't forget to login before you get a quote as you get discount and you miss out if you get quotes directly.