PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest price you have ever seen a G1 BLACK VARIANT powermaster prime go for in OZ?

Batfan007
10th November 2016, 12:22 AM
Have you ever seen any of the BLACK VARIANT of G1 Powermaster Prime sold in Oz, and what is best prices you have seen him for?

Ebay prices are way up there, so just looking to get some idea of what is sensible to pay for it.

Could have asked in that "other" thread, but stuff gets steamrolled over every day and ignored there when 10 questions immediately followed, it, and everytime so far I've posted in that thread nobody answered anything.

Thanks for any tips pricemongers!:cool:

DELTAprime
10th November 2016, 12:44 AM
Yeah he is super expensive, not sure what the current prices are but they have been very high for a long time.

Megatran
10th November 2016, 12:56 AM
Are you referring to the 2001 Japanese C-307X Nucleon Quest Super Convoy?

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/NucleonQuestConvoy/nqconvoy.htm

It was a TRU Japan exclusive limited to 1,000 units. Hence why the relatively high price on the secondary market, though ebay can be highly inflated. IIRC sold mine earlier this year on this forum for $250, perhaps a little less.

Batfan007
10th November 2016, 03:57 PM
Are you referring to the 2001 Japanese C-307X Nucleon Quest Super Convoy?

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/NucleonQuestConvoy/nqconvoy.htm

It was a TRU Japan exclusive limited to 1,000 units. Hence why the relatively high price on the secondary market, though ebay can be highly inflated. IIRC sold mine earlier this year on this forum for $250, perhaps a little less.

Yup. Thanks for posting. That at least gives me a ballpark figure I can compare with curernt ebay prices.

ebay prices 9/10 times higher than local collector prices, that is why I asked. Of course condition, loose vs MISB etc all comes into it.

Looks like one of those toys that will keep going up, or at least stay high.
Watched a youtube review of it, and the guy paid around $150 US at the time, which was maybe several years ago.

Megatran
10th November 2016, 06:04 PM
The one I sold was MISB.

DELTAprime
10th November 2016, 08:46 PM
Keep in mind ebay prices are higher than normal most of the time. But some times you can find someone that is selling at a more normal price. Also I've noticed from your postings that you seem to be concerned with what the Australian prices are. Australian prices for Transformers can be even higher on the secondary market than buying from the US, China inc HK and Taiwan or Japan and paying the extra shipping. Don't be afraid to buy from overseas sellers with high feedback scores, it can save you some cash.

Jetfire in the sky
12th November 2016, 04:32 PM
The price that Megatran sold his for was probably on the cheap end for collector to collector sales, but I wouldn't go more than $450 on e-bay for MISB on e-bay. Be patient and one will turn up somewhere, just stick toy a budget, sometimes if an item has been on ebay for a very long time, say about three months, it may be worth sending an offer to the seller.

Batfan007
13th November 2016, 08:23 PM
Keep in mind ebay prices are higher than normal most of the time. But some times you can find someone that is selling at a more normal price. Also I've noticed from your postings that you seem to be concerned with what the Australian prices are. Australian prices for Transformers can be even higher on the secondary market than buying from the US, China inc HK and Taiwan or Japan and paying the extra shipping. Don't be afraid to buy from overseas sellers with high feedback scores, it can save you some cash.

The point of this thread was that if someone in OZ already had one, and sold it here, those were the prices I was interested in, I look everywhere for stuff, but when possible buy from other collectors in OZ as it cheaper than slapping on another $50-100 to import from wherever.

And yeah I'm aware we pay though the nose for everything in this country.
But we get paid higher on average than Americans for doing the same shitty jobs so...
Thanks for posting.
I buy like 90% of my toys on import, mostly chugs and whatever current lines are in OZ as readily available.

GoktimusPrime
13th November 2016, 10:35 PM
I don't recall ever seeing this toy being sold here, and I'm talking about specialty import stores (which were still plentiful at the time). Does anyone in Sydney remember if AV Super Store sold it? (they'd be the most likely to have done so)... Games Infinity may have, but their price would've been ludicrously expensive. I do remember the regular version of Ginrai shelfwarming at dirt cheap prices though.

And yeah I'm aware we pay though the nose for everything in this country.
MP Soundwave was released here at a really good price. Also, one advantage of living in the Asia-Pacific region is that we pay much cheaper shipping from Japan. :)

Batfan007
14th November 2016, 01:50 PM
I don't recall ever seeing this toy being sold here, and I'm talking about specialty import stores (which were still plentiful at the time). Does anyone in Sydney remember if AV Super Store sold it? (they'd be the most likely to have done so)... Games Infinity may have, but their price would've been ludicrously expensive. I do remember the regular version of Ginrai shelfwarming at dirt cheap prices though.

MP Soundwave was released here at a really good price. Also, one advantage of living in the Asia-Pacific region is that we pay much cheaper shipping from Japan. :)

It is? I had no idea. Most of my new TF ebay stuff was from china (other than postage from eastern states).

I've bought a couple items from HLJ, but that is it.

GoktimusPrime
14th November 2016, 10:22 PM
It is? I had no idea.
I've posted Transformers from Japan to North America and Europe... freakin' expensive. Posting between Australia to North America or Europe is also ridiculously expensive. I only shopped from Amazon USA when the AUD was above parity with the USD, otherwise what online shopping I do is from stores based in Japan or Australia. Never use eBay so can't comment on that.

Jetfire in the sky
21st November 2016, 07:36 PM
The point of this thread was that if someone in OZ already had one, and sold it here, those were the prices I was interested in.

There was one in a collectables store in Box Hill which I am pretty certain was priced at $200 - $300 which also close to that time we had the TRU reissue non black version that was $150 :confused: I think, so the black one was fairly well priced. This was over 10 years ago but it is to the point :) ;)

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2016, 08:47 PM
Animezone's prices were always on the high side though, even at the time. It was a nice place to window shop. ;)