PDA

View Full Version : TF TLK trailer up

G1Optimal
6th December 2016, 02:04 PM
Full trailer
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KyVKK87hYYM&ebc=ANyPxKr95RUanm3WZUaRQJFtwEDMlCaa47IS1V2Yoq5veI QoIrKPGllTD9DE7vmqJo8p24oAdutpbxMyru9cuvH4LW2gIcJi Lg
Source paramount pictures international

Shocking :eek:

MayzaPrime
6th December 2016, 02:45 PM
Well... That looks pretty cool :eek:

I will remain cautiously optimistic, like I have done with all of the movies.

*edit* Yes I have been letdown, but I am easily entertained :p;)

bassbot
6th December 2016, 02:48 PM
There have been letdowns before, but there was some nifty shocks shown here. I enjoyed Anthony Hopkins voice over - I wonder if he's part of the Witwicky family? Or if his quote connects to them (the never surrender/victory one...) - is it the same?

Bumbleb33
6th December 2016, 02:58 PM
Actually looks pretty dam good!
For a teaser as well, we got to see alot.

reillyd
6th December 2016, 03:24 PM
I'm trying to be hopeful, but remember the lack of plot in the LAST movie.
And I'm tired of the old trope of leader turned bad guy and betraying his troops. They did that with Sentinel Prime in DOTM, and now we're supposed to believe Optimus of all people is going rogue and killing bumblebee? Cmon

Skullcruncher
6th December 2016, 05:05 PM
So Prime caught some cosmic rust disease while on his way to find his makers. That causes him to float around in space for months/years - He is then reconfigured by unicron who is just passing by and is forced back to lead unicrons attack on earth. Because there is something in the deep ocean unicron fears. Which I am guessing is a blobfish :D

IMO thats the worst trailer from all the movies so far. I really should not of watched that.

Bumbleb33
6th December 2016, 05:52 PM
I think the plot will have Optimus head off planet with seed from AOE where he will be engaged and disabled by <insert mechanism for inflicting massive damage here>. Optimus will then float through space for a time until he is picked up by the Quintessons who will re-purpose him to attack Earth for <insert reason here> much like he did in the "The Return of Optimus Prime Pt 1 & 2" from the good ole G1 days. This may also further explain why Rodimus will be in the movie as he too was quintessentially important in both of those episodes. Though with that said Rodi was only important because he kept trying to offload the matrix to an evidently distraught Optimus Prime which won't happen in this film since OP is still carrying the matrix when he departs Earth.

DELTAprime
6th December 2016, 06:34 PM
I hope that's not a movieverse Unicron. Anyway the more I see the first 4 movies the more I hate them so unless the Rotten Tomatoes scores are good I'm not seeing this one.

GoktimusPrime
6th December 2016, 06:41 PM
YAAAAAAH! I cannot wait to watch this and be bitterly disappointed! :D

Actually looks pretty dam good!
For a teaser as well, we got to see alot.
All of the Transformers movies trailers look good. All of the Transformers films look good. One thing that Michael Bay is exceptionally good at is producing visual spectacles, and he does make great trailers.

Hopefully I'll be able to acquire a voucher or something that'll allow me to watch this for free, or at least at a discounted price (which I've done for previous films). Bad enough that I know that I'm going to waste my time watching this, at least I can try not to waste my money too. :o

Starscream77
6th December 2016, 06:43 PM
So this time a 12 year old girl is going to stand and fight?!?! I am sure she will single handed kill a 20 foot killer robot as well

DELTAprime
6th December 2016, 06:54 PM
All of the Transformers movies trailers look good. All of the Transformers films look good. One thing that Michael Bay is exceptionally good at is producing visual spectacles, and he does make great trailers.

Hopefully I'll be able to acquire a voucher or something that'll allow me to watch this for free, or at least at a discounted price (which I've done for previous films). Bad enough that I know that I'm going to waste my time watching this, at least I can try not to waste my money too. :o

Totally agree. The visuals are eye candy. I think Steve Jablonsky's soundtracks are always great for the most part. The story/script, acting and treatment of the Transformers is where the movies make me hate them.

Verno
6th December 2016, 07:26 PM
Is the girl's name Verity?

Lord_Zed
6th December 2016, 07:33 PM
Saw the trailer. some stuff happened and there were robots and spolosions and people looking intense. So the same as usual then.

I guess I might be a bit jaded.

YAAAAAAH! I cannot wait to watch this and be bitterly disappointed! :D

You know, sometimes it's ok to not watch something, even if it has the Transformers logo on it. :p

XMan
6th December 2016, 07:38 PM
Looks brilliant! Really looking forward to it :)

Ralph Wiggum
6th December 2016, 07:55 PM
I honestly try to leave my brain at the door when I watch these movies, but with each subsequent movie I've had to kick it down the hall way and through the window.

I mean when Age of Extinction had to take time out to explain why the Irish dude was allowed to bang Mark Wahlberg's underage daughter it was like:

CBratron
6th December 2016, 08:07 PM
SPOILERS
Excalibur brings Optimus Prime back.:D

Have to get eyedrops with the amount of rolling my eyes were doing during that trailer (and during the Mummy trailer, but that's another story).

SMHFConvoy
6th December 2016, 09:00 PM
I honestly try to leave my brain at the door when I watch these movies, but with each subsequent movie I've had to kick it down the hall way and through the window.

I mean when Age of Extinction had to take time out to explain why the Irish dude was allowed to bang Mark Wahlberg's underage daughter it was like:

And if you watch the cinema sins review, they rightly state that Cade's daughter could've been 18 and Cade still would've been justifiably angry. That whole story point was yuck.

Smint
6th December 2016, 09:17 PM
Lol 10 years on and 5 movies later people are still hopeful Bay makes a good one. I'll skip this and wait for the 20 min HD transformer fight scene supercut on youtube...because these movies are all about explosions and robot fighting right?

Sinnertwin
6th December 2016, 10:12 PM
I like it.
Gold Class, here we come.
Gonna kick my feet up, have a few cold ones, maybe even some sliders and nachos & enjoy the spectacle. :cool:

Paulbot
6th December 2016, 10:32 PM
Not what I expected from some of the comments I've been seeing on Twitter. (Some of which makes me wonder if some of those people have ever seen a movie teaser trailer!)

Will there be a movie speculation thread? Anyway from news bits and pieces I'd seen over the last year I wondered if there'd be time travel/alternative realities but the trailer suggest none of that. Pity actually.

Overall, more of the same, nothing unexpected to see in that trailer. I'll be seeing it.

Is kind of good seeing Transformers trending on Facebook/Twitter. Never hurts!

5FDP
6th December 2016, 10:37 PM
Meh, looks like all the other trailers... which is not a good thing.

Meister
6th December 2016, 10:53 PM
Kids will be excited... And then they'll ask why did Optimus kill bumblebee

Magnus
6th December 2016, 11:33 PM
I'm intrigued.

All the movies to date have had 'alternate history' as part of the backstory/plot, so I'm wondering how the Middle Ages and Nazi Germany fits. Some people have speculated that some Nazi technology could have been Cybertronian-inspired, and Hitler's interest in the occult is well-known, so anything ancient and powerful, like something Cybertronian left over from the Middle Ages - could have had his attention.

Glad to see Josh Duhamel back - I understand Tyrese Gibson will be back, too.

I'm hopeful for this one because it has different writers, and is a product of the writers' room that Steven Spielberg and Akiva Goldsman set up - I maintain that the writing has been the movies' weak spot to date, not Michael Bay's directing.

drifand
7th December 2016, 03:17 AM
Please kill bee, please be real!

UltimateGalvatron
7th December 2016, 07:48 AM
Looks pretty cool!

But so did AOE...

And ROTF...

Trying to remain optimistic here, but HOLY SHIT THEY GOT ANTHONY HOPKINS!

HOLY SHIT WAS THAT ACTUALLY OPTIMUS OR WAS THAT NEMESIS PRIME?

WAS THAT DERPY PIECE OF CRAP WRECK-GAR?

WAS THAT A HUMAN DRONE THAT BUMBLEBEE WAS BEATIN' THE CRAP OUT OF?

BigTransformerTrev
7th December 2016, 08:08 AM
For the love of Primus - how many people are gonna use a short trailer about the new movie as an excuuse to yet again fanboy-bitch about the previous 4? Not unexpected but really - move on people! :rolleyes:

I like the look of the trailer as a whole, I'm wondering if all those chunks around the moon are what is left from Cybertron from DOTM :confused: I don't think it would be their version of Unicron - the Fantastic Four movies where they turned Galactus into a big ball of gas should have taught the movieworld that lesson.

Edit: I just watched the trailer on screen bigger than my phone :p:o Now i'm pretty certain thats Cybertron. Maybe it's gonna cover the Earth like a carapace. :eek: Could be why Anthony Hopkins is saying 'And now, two worlds colliding. Only one survives'

I found it a bit silly, saying 'Optimus Prime has left us' then showing he comes back moments later. Bit of a spoiler that. We would have all assumed he was coming back anyway but now we know, and knowings half the irritation.

Looking forward to seeing Lennox in action again, I really liked his character in the first three.

Dunno how I feel about Optimus fighting Bbee. Like Drifand, I kinda hopes he takes Bee out. But I'm going to see the movie in GC then if I feel its appropriate take my son to see it in the cinemas here and that might be a bit much for a little tacker to handle.

I like it.
Gold Class, here we come.
Gonna kick my feet up, have a few cold ones, maybe even some sliders and nachos & enjoy the spectacle. :cool:

Well said! Could not have put it better myself! :D:cool:

Trent
7th December 2016, 08:41 AM
Well there's 2m 25sec that I'll never get back.

I can't believe people still waste time and money watching these movies :rolleyes:

Meister
7th December 2016, 09:21 AM
Yeah seems like a lot of people suspect that planet thing is going to be Unicron, I'm thinking it's more likely the Quintesson (the creators) mother ship (which to me will sort of make sense if this one, by some miracle, will have anything remotely to do with the last).

Anyway I'm pretty much resigned to just enjoying the pretty lights for these flicks, I'm sure visually it will be pretty entertaining

Still you have to hand it to Bay, the man sticks to his formula no matter what:
Clip from Midieval times EXPLOSION!
Clip from Nazi era EXPLOSION!
Clip from present EXPLOSION!

All within the first few seconds

BigTransformerTrev
7th December 2016, 10:07 AM
Ooohhh boy - Twinferno TLK toy on the way since he's doing a cameo :D

MayzaPrime
7th December 2016, 10:14 AM
Well there's 2m 25sec that I'll never get back.

I can't believe people still waste time and money watching these movies :rolleyes:

Reading and commenting on this post is 1 min that I wont get back :p :D

Sinnertwin
7th December 2016, 11:10 AM
Ooohhh boy - Twinferno TLK toy on the way since he's doing a cameo :D

Isn't that the same 3 headed dino thingy that was shown in earlier promo images?

BigTransformerTrev
7th December 2016, 12:15 PM
Isn't that the same 3 headed dino thingy that was shown in earlier promo images?

Oh yeah - 3 heads - dunno why I saw only 2 last time. :o

I was just being flippant anyway - since Hasbro is bringing out a multi-headed grey flying dragon in the TR series and there is another one here, I figure someone will figure out they can make a Twinferno toy of it :D

Trent
7th December 2016, 01:08 PM
Reading and commenting on this post is 1 min that I wont get back :p :D

Touchè :p

G1Optimal
7th December 2016, 05:27 PM
Possible Spoilers , read at your own risk

Transformers: The Last Knight Set Visits Reveal Movie Info
http://transformerslive.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/transformers-last-knight-set-visits.html
Source: Transformers Live Action Movie Blog

GoktimusPrime
8th December 2016, 01:06 AM
Pure speculation on my part, but...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/optimusprime_darkenergon_zpsca1npfdg.jpg
DAAARK ENERGON!

Amalgamous
8th December 2016, 07:57 PM
Funny, that is what my 9yo said after watching the trailer. Her favorite series is Prime (plenty o' dark energon in that)

CBratron
16th December 2016, 08:55 AM
The trailer makes so much sense that I long for the (good?) old days of Shia and Megan.

griffin
12th January 2017, 11:31 PM
Looks like America has already been getting some TV advertisements from the first trailer (maybe some new footage), with the promos being posted on the official Movie youtube channel.

Promo 1 - Choose a Side (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3oleEYdftw).

Promo 2 - Keep Coming (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYJylqvPsLM).

Promo 3 - Stay and Fight (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRV48hgG6z8).