PDA

View Full Version : Encore Trailbreaker & Hoist

Robzy
11th October 2008, 01:30 AM
Could it be??? Am I finally gonna get my hands on Trailbreaker? :o tfw2005 seems to think so... (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/encore-13-and-14-revealed-to-be-trailbreaker-and-hoist-165980/)

roller
11th October 2008, 01:32 AM
Trailblazer would be nice for me

iceburn
11th October 2008, 01:45 AM
very nice!!! been wanting a Trailbreaker for so long...

kup
11th October 2008, 01:55 AM
You have no idea how happy this makes me feel. I have been after Trailbreaker parts for ages.

Pulse
11th October 2008, 01:59 AM
I'm just glad they decided to re-use that mould for Trailbreaker that had sat idle since '01... :)

Adzma
11th October 2008, 08:34 AM
Hmm not too shabby, but I hope Takara releases an encore Ultra Magnus at some point soon, I can't bring myself to buy Hasbro's nerfed version. And I can always lie in hope that someday, Hasbro and Takara could aquire those bootlegged moulds of Mirage and the Dinobots... but sadly that isn't too likely. :(

hanprimus
11th October 2008, 08:39 AM
They prob will be pack together like the seekers.....Trailbreaker, yes!!

Krayt
11th October 2008, 09:34 AM
These 2 were the hardest 84 G1's for me to get.... oh well, i don't get encore anyway.....

Ehobby repaints though..... they had like 3 colours each.... which is it gonna be!!

Soundwarp
11th October 2008, 09:49 AM
Wicked, my poor Trailbreaker is in bad shape.

Paulbot
11th October 2008, 10:19 AM
I'd be very happy to get a Trailbreaker and a new Hoist.

Different "Encore" numbers though suggests different packaging (not a double pack like Thundercracker and Skywarp)

STL
11th October 2008, 11:22 AM
Awesome! I'll get a new Trailbreaker AND a tech spec card! :D

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2008, 01:09 PM
Hazar! :D I'm in the same boat as Soundwarp, I have a G1 Trailbreaker but it's in pretty crummy condition and needs a replacement. :)

Hmm not too shabby, but I hope Takara releases an encore Ultra Magnus at some point soon, I can't bring myself to buy Hasbro's nerfed version.
Or why not just get the 2001 Takara reissue? *shrugs*

And I can always lie in hope that someday, Hasbro and Takara could aquire those bootlegged moulds of Mirage and the Dinobots... but sadly that isn't too likely.
Nor is it legal!! :p I wouldn't hold my breath on those. Save your money and get the originals!

dirge
11th October 2008, 01:24 PM
They'll be seperate if they have different numbers, as Goktimus alluded to.

Ultra Magnus is actually fairly likely, since the mould is out there and he's consistently fairly popular.

Vector Sigma 13
11th October 2008, 01:25 PM
Time to start saving... again!

Gutsman Heavy
11th October 2008, 02:11 PM
Sweet, I don't have Trailbreaker. My Commemorative Hoist will do fine.

gamblor916
11th October 2008, 02:32 PM
Nice, I kinda hoped these were going to show up.

Adzma
11th October 2008, 03:15 PM
Or why not just get the 2001 Takara reissue? *shrugs*
I had some shopping around in the past but the few that I did find were a little expensive, and now with the dollar the way it is, they'll be more so. :( There is this (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160290420012) one of interest however... it's about the price of Hasbro's UM (for the time being) so that ain't too bad.

Pulse
11th October 2008, 04:13 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if E-Hobby were to reissue Diaclone repaints of these guys? (Red Hoist (http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190250501687)/Blue Trailbreaker (http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260271746270&indexURL=)) :)

But it'd be hard to see them selling very well... :rolleyes:

Zippo
11th October 2008, 04:37 PM
Great. Been trying to get a eHobby 2001 reissue of these guys for ages, but always too expensive.

roller
11th October 2008, 06:30 PM
i hope Trailbreaker reissue is true, i passed on buying one today, it was in fine condition but with no accessories

Pipesqueak
11th October 2008, 07:08 PM
Looks like almost everybody needs a Trailbreaker - me too!

MV75
11th October 2008, 07:31 PM
They'll be seperate if they have different numbers, as Goktimus alluded to.

You mean Paulbot, and that was two posts previous. You need to go to the optomitrist on Monday.

Sweet, I don't have Trailbreaker. My Commemorative Hoist will do fine.

Exact same situation here. I've never had a trailbreaker, but I do have a commemorative hoist.

I think the encore line is kickstarting nicely again after the few large slow selling moulds.

The_Damned
11th October 2008, 07:32 PM
my one is quite nice but everyone needs a minty fresh one:)

Pulse
11th October 2008, 07:36 PM
I think the encore line is kickstarting nicely again after the few large slow selling moulds.

I hope future Encores' will include something from '87 onwards... :)

MV75
11th October 2008, 07:40 PM
I hope future Encores' will include something from '87 onwards... :)

Only worthy things there are combiners. We do know that piranacon is the most possible, but will they compete with the tfcc, or even use the tfcc toys in encore packets....... ? :)

I'm just glad there is more possible reissues. The encore news just went all dead for a while there. Now my hope for shockwave has increased again. :)

Pulse
11th October 2008, 07:45 PM
I'm sure a headmaster/targetmaster would sell :) (What a cool gimmick that was! :D)

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2008, 08:09 PM
...they've already reissued three Targetmasters.

liegeprime
11th October 2008, 08:14 PM
Only worthy things there are combiners. We do know that piranacon is the most possible, but will they compete with the tfcc, or even use the tfcc toys in encore packets....... ? :)

I'm just glad there is more possible reissues. The encore news just went all dead for a while there. Now my hope for shockwave has increased again. :)

Well. Encore basically is from Takara/TOMY whose market as per agreement with Hasbro is purely Japan so they might reissue Piranahcon for the japanese market as surely the Jap collectors do tend to get left out of several figures themselves, (e.g. Omega/ Skylinx) when most are issued overseas. Im guessing the researchers from TAKTOM are momentarily observing their market and seeing what to issue next based from it. So as to get maximum profit as well as shelling out a product that is demanded for by their target clients. Im hoping for encore sideswipe though, the booktype ones are far too pricy these days :mad:. I still need a red one. My Black one couldn't "migrate" to the G2 shelf until I get one. LAST autobot car I need in the G1, sigh.

dirge
11th October 2008, 10:14 PM
...they've already reissued three Targetmasters.

That's mainly incidental. Hot Rod & Kup aren't primarily thought of as Targetmasters, but TT did the Targetmaster versions anyway (which was a good idea). Stepper is the only pure Targetmaster reissued, and he's one of the most obscure.

I doubt the "proper" Targetmasters (ie those introduced in Rebirth) will be released anytime soon.

MV75
11th October 2008, 10:47 PM
Well. Encore basically is from Takara/TOMY whose market as per agreement with Hasbro is purely Japan so they might reissue Piranahcon for the japanese market as surely the Jap collectors do tend to get left out of several figures themselves, (e.g. Omega/ Skylinx) when most are issued overseas. Im guessing the researchers from TAKTOM are momentarily observing their market and seeing what to issue next based from it. So as to get maximum profit as well as shelling out a product that is demanded for by their target clients. Im hoping for encore sideswipe though, the booktype ones are far too pricy these days :mad:. I still need a red one. My Black one couldn't "migrate" to the G2 shelf until I get one. LAST autobot car I need in the G1, sigh.

Wanna swap my misb commemorative sideswipe for anything then? :)

Geminii
12th October 2008, 02:14 AM
Hmm, I could use an old Trailbreaker for kitbashing; don't need the accessories (including the camper top, and even the fists would be optional).

Just idly wondering whether there would be room in the altmode to replace the wrist-launchers with fists which turned 90 degrees inward like Long Haul's.

Kyle
13th October 2008, 01:31 PM
These are now confirmed according to my own source. Expected shipping date: December.

Pulse
13th October 2008, 01:47 PM
These are now confirmed according to my own source. Expected shipping date: December.

Kyle, Does your source have any additional info on this (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/alternators-10/rumor-masterpiece-grimlock-in-march-2009-alternity-nissan-fairlady-z-megatron-165991/)? :)

griffin
13th October 2008, 03:45 PM
We seem to have sympathy over those who spent a fair amount on re-released Sunstorm and Black Megatron, but we should keep in mind that some of these Gen1 reissues were of even lesser quantity exclusives to Ehobby back in 2001 as well. Only 1000 produced of some of them, and many collectors spent a fortune on them then and since, as the only mint alternative to the originals.
Not so much sympathy on those who bought them for investment purposes though, as they are just toys after all and need to be played with... :p
At least the encores (and some of the book style reissues) brought more affordable Gen1 goodlyness to old and new fans alike. (not many of the TFs on my 1984 shelf are originals now, just so I can have a nice minty display)

sifun
13th October 2008, 03:58 PM
I want encore insecticons the most.

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2008, 08:05 PM
What's wrong with the TFC Insecticons? They came with Energon cubes!
http://www.citycyberanime.com/acatalog/insecticons-sm.gif

I would rather see Encore continuing to focus on reissuing toys that have never been reissued in mass quantities before (e.g.: Trailbreaker & Hoist) or just have never been reissued before (e.g.: Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx, Metroplex etc.).

Gutsman Heavy
13th October 2008, 08:13 PM
What's wrong with the TFC Insecticons?

probably the lack of availability and the price that goes hand in hand with it. glad I got mine :D

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2008, 09:34 PM
Muh? TFC reissues were produced in pretty generous quantities - as big a run as you would expect from any reissue sold in retail stores. They weren't limited exclusives like say the e-Hobby Insecticon Clones. As for price, I think 3500JPY is a pretty decent price for three G1 reissues. That's like $35 for people in Japan... 3500JPY currently equals about 52AUD atm, but of course the AUD is really weak right now. It wasn't that bad in 2004 (probably around forty-something dollars).

Pipesqueak
13th October 2008, 09:54 PM
I think Gutsman means on the secondary market, where that set now goes for a lot.

Rampage
13th October 2008, 09:55 PM
Muh? TFC reissues were produced in pretty generous quantities - as big a run as you would expect from any reissue sold in retail stores. They weren't limited exclusives like say the e-Hobby Insecticon Clones. As for price, I think 3500JPY is a pretty decent price for three G1 reissues. That's like $35 for people in Japan... 3500JPY currently equals about 52AUD atm, but of course the AUD is really weak right now. It wasn't that bad in 2004 (probably around forty-something dollars).

TFC Insecticons & Blitzwing command $65-90US on ebay probably due to their little extras (energon cubes/diaclone style sword)

E-Hobby Clones sell for less than the TFC reissue most of the time also:(

im sure most newer collectors would appreciate Encore Blitzwing/Insecticons/Blaster as the TFC reissues are pretty expensive nowadays

Gutsman Heavy
13th October 2008, 10:53 PM
I think Gutsman means on the secondary market, where that set now goes for a lot.

bingo

1orion2many
13th October 2008, 11:47 PM
:)Santa saw my wish list as Trailbreaker is the last car i am missing in my G1 collection. Now I just have to worry about some of the Powermasters, Pretenders and Targetmasters:rolleyes:.

liegeprime
14th October 2008, 12:18 AM
Wanna swap my misb commemorative sideswipe for anything then? :)

oooh got nothing to swap really, interested in buying it though hehehe. :D

JuzMel
14th October 2008, 10:43 AM
Encore 13 and 14 which is the two talked about here is available for pre-order from RK, US$26.90 each, due to arrive Dec 27. Hopefully the dollar gets better by then, maybe we can do group orders to save $$ too.

TheDirtyDigger
14th October 2008, 10:54 AM
Is it wrong for me to feel selfish about a Trailbreaker reissue as I have an original G1 100% complete in excellent condition and don't want anyone else to have one???:o

GoktimusPrime
14th October 2008, 11:14 AM
Well... yes.

There have been quite a few reissues which I've skipped because I've had the original in decent enough condition - Blitzwing, Laser Optimus Prime, Omega Supreme etc., but at the same time I was really happy that they were reissued because of the way it benefitted the fandom as a whole (everyone ought to have a Laser Optimus Prime!). I still got the e-Hobby versions of the reissues I skipped though (e.g.: Overcharge, Laser Ultra Magnus, Gadep).

It'd be neat if one of the blue versions of Diaclone 4WD Hilux (http://www.diaclone.net/orid/dia040/index.html) was reissued as an e-Hobby TF character. ;) Thank goodness Hasbro doesn't do it cos they'd probably name it "Recon Trailbreaker." :p

griffin
14th October 2008, 11:51 AM
It's funny to see some fans (including me) getting more excited about the potential Ehobby recolours than the actual Gen1 reissue.

roller
14th October 2008, 05:09 PM
So, these 2 are really going to be encore releases?

If so, are they a 2 pack or individual boxed?

Rampage
14th October 2008, 05:21 PM

they are individual releases

iceburn
14th October 2008, 05:23 PM

the Encore numbers suggest they will be individually released and box unlike Encore 11 which is TC and Skywarp

GoktimusPrime
14th October 2008, 07:03 PM
Separate is better. *nods* Never been a huge fan of multiple reissues in the same package with a few exceptions like Minibots and cassettes.

dirge
14th October 2008, 08:19 PM
Is it wrong for me to feel selfish about a Trailbreaker reissue as I have an original G1 100% complete in excellent condition and don't want anyone else to have one???:o

I don't know about "wrong", but it's a little bit selfish.

I should by rights be really annoyed that Landcross was reissued - I paid $360 for the Taiwanese original back in 2001 or thereabouts... the reissue set was going for $20 at Casefresh at one stage. I wasn't annoyed, since it allowed other fans to enjoy the set I like so much :)

Pulse
14th October 2008, 09:14 PM
but your's came with stickers... ;)

GoktimusPrime
14th October 2008, 10:02 PM
Painted metallic gold chest plate >>> yellow sticker chest plate.
Other than the orange they used on Tackle I think the reissues look better overall. The separately painted eyes on each figure is also a big plus for me. The originals are technically more show-like which would be a bonus for people into show-likeness.

dirge
14th October 2008, 10:06 PM
I prefer the originals, mainly for the vermilion used on Tackle - instead of the orange. I do like the stamped Autobot logos on the reissues, but don't care for the charcoal (instead of black) on the reissue thighs...

GoktimusPrime
14th October 2008, 10:32 PM
...meh, I don't have a preference for either charcoal or black with the thighs.

MV75
30th October 2008, 05:47 PM
EARLY BIRD UP NOW ON TRAILBREAKER.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT31681

Zippo
30th October 2008, 07:04 PM
Cheers for that link. Strange no Hoist.

kup
30th October 2008, 07:37 PM
I made my move, same with the Henkei figures which Universe version I don't like.

MV75
30th October 2008, 08:22 PM
Yea, I'm still debating on whether to get cyclonus henkei or not. Well, I got until Monday to decide.

Trailbreaker is IN though. I never had that toy at all.

kup
30th October 2008, 08:59 PM
Yea, I'm still debating on whether to get cyclonus henkei or not. Well, I got until Monday to decide.

Trailbreaker is IN though. I never had that toy at all.

I preordered Henkei Cyclonus just in case. I can always cancel it if I don't like the Henkei provided I do so before release. The good thing is that the final figure is always announced well beforehand.

MV75
30th October 2008, 09:02 PM
Hey, good point. :)

I think I'll order it then. If the local one is "good enough in the flesh", then I could just can the order. :)

EDIT: Done. :)

kup
30th October 2008, 09:08 PM
I also preordered Henkei Hound which I will certainly get from TakTom because I don't like the way too cartoony look of the Universe bright green paint.

MV75
30th October 2008, 09:09 PM
Do we know how the henkei version looks though? ;)

If I get that figure, I'll only get it for ravage anyway and toss/giveaway the hound either way, (it's not a jeep, it's an SVU :mad: ), so I'm just going local on it.

I have noticed though, that there is quite a lot of early birds up for transformers right now too. MP grimmy, that disney thing, bunch of henkeis, so yea. :)

kup
31st October 2008, 03:08 PM
Do we know how the henkei version looks though? ;)

If I get that figure, I'll only get it for ravage anyway and toss/giveaway the hound either way, (it's not a jeep, it's an SVU :mad: ), so I'm just going local on it.

I have noticed though, that there is quite a lot of early birds up for transformers right now too. MP grimmy, that disney thing, bunch of henkeis, so yea. :)

I suspect that they will aim for a darker green like Binaltech/original toy but we can't be sure until we see pics.

GoktimusPrime
31st October 2008, 05:03 PM
Do we know how the henkei version looks though?
We don't. But I'm going to wait until pics of Henkei Cyclonus comes out so that I can compare it with images of Universe Cyclonus and make an informed decision about which version I want.

If the Henkei version isn't substantially better than the Universe one then I might as well get Universe Cyclonus (especially with the current state of the AUD v. JPY), but if the Henkei version is substantially better I will get that one instead.

Right now I'm not going to make a call in terms of which one I prefer because I simply don't know without having seen any pics of Henkei Cyclonus (assuming that he will come out as part of Henkei - he probably will). But yeah, I'm gonna wait until I've seen pics of Henkei Cyclonus before deciding.

kurdt_the_goat
31st October 2008, 07:32 PM
I'm starting to think you're living under a rock there Goktimus - Henkei Cyclonus was confirmed a couple weeks back, though we still don't have colour representations.

http://f20.yahoofs.com/hkblog/_veuUfCRGAWrg4Yh5fHHppkdSmv8eCE-_73/blog/ap_20081015073433296.jpg.jpg?ib_____DKKaxd3X4

GoktimusPrime
1st November 2008, 09:35 AM
Anyway, as you've said we've yet to see a real Henkei Cyclonus pic (i.e.: what the colours will be like and how it differs from Universe). Once I see that then I can make a more informed decision. If it's going to be nearly identical to the Universe version then I might as well get the local one.