PDA

View Full Version : Voltron: Legendary Defender Figures?

MightyGrimlock
30th December 2016, 01:40 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm (one way or another) if the new Voltron (Legendary Defender) figures are going to be released in Australia?

WeallscreamforStarscream
31st December 2016, 01:48 PM
check ebay. i think that will be your best bet!

i think i got mine from robot kingdom in the usa years ago.

ZoonMaster5000
31st December 2016, 03:38 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm (one way or another) if the new Voltron (Legendary Defender) figures are going to be released in Australia?

I'd eventually say so, they are already out in the states. I ordered mine through pc (premium collectables) due feb/march. I'd expect all the big retailers to get them in at some point

mknell
31st December 2016, 04:57 PM
I saw them at Comic Kingdom in the city (Sydney) but they would be expensive there so I am waiting till they come on retail here

SMHFConvoy
31st December 2016, 07:06 PM
They're made by Playmates aren't they? It's more than likely we'll get them here.

MightyGrimlock
4th January 2017, 08:04 PM
They're made by Playmates aren't they? It's more than likely we'll get them here.

I believe so. That was kind of my assumption too, just wasn't sure if anyone as sometime Transformers can be a bit hit and miss if they make it to Aus retail (I know its a different company for Transformers).

Bumbleb33
5th January 2017, 11:22 PM
I personally believe they will show up at TRU. TRU currently sell Dinotrux which is a Netflix exclusive show. With that said if TRU are willing to risk selling a previously unknown product advertised through an exclusive payTV service I am sure they will commit to selling a higher profile item such as VOLTRON even if again the show is exclusively available to customers of Netflix.

Eddielai2002
13th January 2017, 01:35 AM
I just can't simply wait and got my black lion from ebay. Cost me over 100 including postage fee. Why are we taking so long to get these guys. And ya, i will be spewing if its under 90 or 80 dollars. I have messaged playmates in America and they told me they have no idea. Instead they asked me to email playmates international. I am still waiting for the response. It does'nt look good for us. I am wondering if anybody heard any news

Eddielai2002
13th January 2017, 07:01 PM
BAD NEWS FOR VOLTRON FANS

I recieve this email from playmates

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your e mail and for your interest in Playmates’ new Voltron product line. We are finalizing plans to distribute these products in Australia probably in late 2017 or 2018. Unfortunately, we are unable to supply Australia consumers directly at this time. May we suggest that you attempt to purchase these products through the on line outlets of major U.S. retailers

Thanks and regards,

Monita Leung

I guess ill be getting mine online.

ZoonMaster5000
13th January 2017, 07:05 PM
BAD NEWS FOR VOLTRON FANS

I recieve this email from playmates

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your e mail and for your interest in Playmates’ new Voltron product line. We are finalizing plans to distribute these products in Australia probably in late 2017 or 2018. Unfortunately, we are unable to supply Australia consumers directly at this time. May we suggest that you attempt to purchase these products through the on line outlets of major U.S. retailers

Thanks and regards,

Monita Leung

I guess ill be getting mine online.

I grabbed mine off pc $135 for all five should have them march sometime.
Not sure if I'd be buying e-scalper prices, would make for a very expensive figure

CHILENO20
13th January 2017, 08:43 PM
Damn, good thing I've started with Black Lion last week, though now its gonna cost me :mad:

CHILENO20
16th January 2017, 12:50 PM
Just got this from ToysRUs:

Hi xxxxxx,

Thank you for your inquiry and our apologies for the delay in responding.

It appears that Toys R Us Australia are due to receive items from the Voltron range in the second half of this year.
This range includes, at this stage, the electronic Voltron with lights and sound, Voltron basic figures, Voltron Deluxe figure, Voltron Role Play, the Transforming Sword, and Voltron Black Lion.

Feel free to contact us towards the end of the year to see if we can provide you with an update.

Kind regards,
Larissa's Signature

So we are going to get them..... but we're going to have to wait a bit. Here's hoping sooner rather than later :)

ZoonMaster5000
16th January 2017, 03:33 PM

Hi xxxxxx,

Thank you for your inquiry and our apologies for the delay in responding.

It appears that Toys R Us Australia are due to receive items from the Voltron range in the second half of this year.
This range includes, at this stage, the electronic Voltron with lights and sound, Voltron basic figures, Voltron Deluxe figure, Voltron Role Play, the Transforming Sword, and Voltron Black Lion.

Feel free to contact us towards the end of the year to see if we can provide you with an update.

Kind regards,
Larissa's Signature

So we are going to get them..... but we're going to have to wait a bit. Here's hoping sooner rather than later :)

Hmm TRU, not that we have one in my state, but i'll be interested to know how much they sell for.

Eddielai2002
16th January 2017, 04:14 PM
PC ? PREMIUM COLLECTABLES? Thats the last place ill shop. They never get it before selling and usually takes long before they send their items. I bought mp optimus primal from october and it still have not arrived. Their excuse is cos I'm on a long que. ya right. But hopefuly you will get your lions. If i cant get it from australia cos how slow our economy is going ill have to get it from BBTS or ebay. Kinda feel bad how we have to pay alot to get them here asap and in america and other countries they get there for a cheaper price.

Megatran
16th January 2017, 04:47 PM

Hi xxxxxx,

*snip*

They referred to you as double, triple-X?

You clean pools & have an awesome mo.

CHILENO20
18th January 2017, 08:28 PM
They referred to you as double, triple-X?

You clean pools & have an awesome mo.

I've been known to do a bit of moonlighting :cool:

Trent
18th January 2017, 09:38 PM
That die cast Voltron will be preordered so fast...

https://twitter.com/peaugh/status/821567410830512133

G1Optimal
18th January 2017, 10:25 PM
PC ? PREMIUM COLLECTABLES? Thats the last place ill shop. They never get it before selling and usually takes long before they send their items. I bought mp optimus primal from october and it still have not arrived. Their excuse is cos I'm on a long que. ya right. But hopefuly you will get your lions. If i cant get it from australia cos how slow our economy is going ill have to get it from BBTS or ebay. Kinda feel bad how we have to pay alot to get them here asap and in america and other countries they get there for a cheaper price.

Make sure you get them before june or july this year as, custom are going to charge 10% when you import them.

G1Optimal
21st January 2017, 09:18 PM
New toys coming, closer to the mid-end in the video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RQFuayOMSKs

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st January 2017, 11:57 PM
Damn, the die cast ones, very interested to see how they come out. I'm sure Playmates will mess it up somehow.

Just makes me want a super expensive SOC version EVEN MOAR!

Paulbot
4th February 2017, 04:35 PM
The more I see of the new combining Lions the more tempted I am to buy the set. Thought I was done with Voltron when I sold my childhood set but it seems maybe not.

Paulbot
13th April 2017, 07:03 PM
I've given into temptation and ordered the set via TheLittleToyCompany. Bout the same price as a CW combiner. I can dig that.

Thanks to Chileno20 who unknowingly brought the preorder to my attention.

CHILENO20
14th April 2017, 08:48 PM
I've given into temptation and ordered the set via TheLittleToyCompany. Bout the same price as a CW combiner. I can dig that.

Thanks to Chileno20 who unknowingly brought the preorder to my attention.

You are welcome :D

XMan
15th April 2017, 07:07 AM
I hope I can get the diecast version when its released.

gekisou
4th May 2017, 03:46 PM
Probably should have brought this to people's attention but the Voltron stuff was confirmed for November at the Australia Toy Fair.

CHILENO20
4th May 2017, 05:15 PM
Probably should have brought this to people's attention but the Voltron stuff was confirmed for November at the Australia Toy Fair.

Now you tell us :cool:

Stealthshdw92
17th August 2017, 11:21 AM
I found 2 full sets(only 1 set left) of the combining lions in ToysRus Belconnen in Canberra yesterday, $60 black lion, $35 for the other ones

Maruten
17th August 2017, 04:46 PM
Ugh. I saw them on the website ("new" but "not available") on the weekend and asked at Majura Park. They said they were "in transit" but it might be a month before they arrived. MP and Belco are each getting only two sets in their initial shipments.

Website shows only black lion in stock currently.

SMHFConvoy
17th August 2017, 06:19 PM
Toymate at Top Ryde has the 1st wave of the Voltron toys

Paulbot
17th August 2017, 06:36 PM
I got my set today (but I'd ordered online). These things are big and look great, but I have to wait until the weekend at least before I can open them

http://i.imgur.com/QlTNn4wl.jpg

Maruten
18th August 2017, 09:05 AM
Picked up a set at Majura Park. I was told two of each lion per store, but apparently that's just the limbs because there were five or six black lions left.

Paulbot
18th August 2017, 10:16 AM
The Black lions come in a case of 2 (I've have the box!). I'd assume the other lions come in a case of 8 with 2 of each?

Other
22nd August 2017, 01:52 PM
The Black lions come in a case of 2 (I've have the box!). I'd assume the other lions come in a case of 8 with 2 of each?

Hahaha, no that would make sense. It's a case of one of each limb, so if a store gets equal amounts of each case they have an left over black lion for each complete set. Caused big limb shortages in the states back when they first came out months ago, wouldn't surprise me if they were probably still ongoing

Draconius76
24th August 2017, 10:09 PM
I picked up a set today at Toymates Warriewood. Got them home and my wife promptly took them off me to be put away for a gift. Hope it's father's day. But then again if it's Christmas it's not like I haven't already waited nearly a year.

Paulbot
26th August 2017, 01:59 PM
Hahaha, no that would make sense. It's a case of one of each limb, so if a store gets equal amounts of each case they have an left over black lion for each complete set. Caused big limb shortages in the states back when they first came out months ago, wouldn't surprise me if they were probably still ongoing

Funnily enough, I went to Chadstone briefly this morning and they had 12 Black lions - but only 1 Yellow Lion, 1 Red Lion, and 2 Blue Lions. You'd hope they would have ordered enough for full sets...

They also had the basic Lions, and a large lights and sounds Voltron figure but I couldn't find anywhere on the latter where it said the Lions didn't separate. (Still holding a grudge for the massive disappointment I felt when I was much younger and bought a Matchbox Voltron that didn't!)

crankcase76
3rd September 2017, 11:06 PM
Father day gift from the wife and kids, I am stoked they thought about it.😁

https://imgur.com/a/MSI1y

G1Optimal
4th September 2017, 03:27 PM
I picked up a set today at Toymates Warriewood. Got them home and my wife promptly took them off me to be put away for a gift. Hope it's father's day. But then again if it's Christmas it's not like I haven't already waited nearly a year.

Dose this mean shes paying for them?:D

And i thought this might help people as the arms can be hard to get off
Voltron Arm Removal
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1avAgUGsEN4
Scott Allen

And
Voltron: Legendary Defender - Arm Removal Tutorial
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=So_L6zb1nPw
Video is from peaugh

And
Arm Removal Tutorial for Voltron: Legendary Defender (Legendary Series) 16 inch Voltron
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3VldDuvVt3Y
Redis Power

And
Review: Voltron Legendary Defender Legendary Black Lion from 18:17
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=arJ3ASiXRNA&t=18m30s
Japanime

Paulbot
5th September 2017, 08:43 PM
Thanks for these links. When I plugged Red and Green lions in, I did a little tug to see how they were supposed to disconnect and thought "maybe they don't!".

I tried the tips here and disconnected Green but it's not an intuitive method and odd that the instructions omit any reference to how to do it.

G1Optimal
7th September 2017, 11:08 AM
No problem

I thought it might help people when heard this was a wide spread problem with the 16inch Legendary Voltron Lions.

z3r03d
20th September 2017, 03:26 PM
I got the Voltron Legendary BLACK Lion but cant seem to find the others yet....

Other
21st September 2017, 12:04 PM
good luck with that, looks like stores here made the same mistake as those in the states did and ordered the two assortments in equal case numbers when they needed to double up on the cases of limbs. you could be searching for quite a while. my advice is to buy a set limbs of off ebay tonight from an overseas seller taking advantage of the 18% off code.

z3r03d
23rd September 2017, 02:05 PM
good luck with that, looks like stores here made the same mistake as those in the states did and ordered the two assortments in equal case numbers when they needed to double up on the cases of limbs. you could be searching for quite a while. my advice is to buy a set limbs of off ebay tonight from an overseas seller taking advantage of the 18% off code.

ok.. thanks for the info... definitely cant find the limbs anywhere....

CHILENO20
3rd November 2017, 08:15 PM
Finally got my limbs the other day from BBTS! My Voltron is now complete! :D:D:D

CoRDS
3rd November 2017, 08:27 PM
got my full set from the little toy company last week. now i just need to work out where im going to put it

CHILENO20
3rd November 2017, 09:50 PM
got my full set from the little toy company last week. now i just need to work out where im going to put it

I know what you mean, it's massive :eek:

hYpNoS
8th May 2018, 10:34 PM
Maybe unrelated but I see the voltron classic figures listed for sale on the tru website.

Any idea if other retailers are getting these like big w?

It'd be cheaper than the soul of chogokin lol

Paulbot
8th May 2018, 10:48 PM
Maybe unrelated but I see the voltron classic figures listed for sale on the tru website.

Any idea if other retailers are getting these like big w?

It'd be cheaper than the soul of chogokin lol

Maybe? I've noticed assorted Voltron figures at TRU, Kmart and Big W so far but after a bit of a delay from the US release.

hYpNoS
9th May 2018, 10:53 AM
Maybe? I've noticed assorted Voltron figures at TRU, Kmart and Big W so far but after a bit of a delay from the US release.

I noticed those too, I'm more after the larger lions that combine, right now (least where I am) its just the "legendary" lions based on the new show, the fact tru online list the classic versions based on the 80's cartoon is promising, I just want to get them cheaper than tru lol

Paulbot
9th May 2018, 10:59 AM
How much does TRU sell the set for? I bought the Legendary combiner last year via The Little Toy Company, but I've been very tempted to order the Classic one too. TLTC sells the set of five for $170 (https://www.thelittletoycompany.com.au/tv-movie-pop-culture-available-now/netflix-classic-84-voltron-legendary-defender-lions-set-of-5).

kovert
9th May 2018, 04:47 PM
How much does TRU sell the set for? I bought the Legendary combiner last year via The Little Toy Company, but I've been very tempted to order the Classic one too. TLTC sells the set of five for $170 (https://www.thelittletoycompany.com.au/tv-movie-pop-culture-available-now/netflix-classic-84-voltron-legendary-defender-lions-set-of-5).

TRU prices:

Blue, Green, Red, Yellow: $39.99
Black: $69.99

Bandai are releasing a 'Super Mini-Pla Beast King GoLion' set in August 2018.

hYpNoS
18th May 2018, 10:28 PM
Whoops, forgot to say but tru werribee plaza had gotten some of the classic voltron lions at the prices mentioned above (and that 20% off would be useful now) but they only have one black lion left, its all the newer ones otherwise.

But big w's are getting stock, werribee plaza had a box opened and ready for shelf stocking at $34 (for the deluxe ones think the black lions are same as tru prices), but those weren't in the system so had to wait for them to ring up some numbers (despite being the same assortment the classic lions aren't configured properly), got the whole set now

So if you want some BIG 80's goodness big w's are stocking as well as tru's

CHILENO20
16th June 2018, 07:32 AM
Binged watched season 6 last night, very cool :D

Raider
20th June 2018, 10:41 PM
Binged watched season 6 last night, very cool :D

I did the same! I think it was my favourite season so far. Have to say that i loved the way this season ended. So much to look forward to!

Tabias Prime
21st June 2018, 09:28 AM
I binged the last season the other night and damn the artwork and animation for the last 2 episodes was amazing particularly for the The Black Paladins due the huge fight scene on the cloning station....

Bemblebuu
29th June 2018, 11:47 AM
Bought the Classic Legendary Voltron set from Big W the other day.

First impressions are mixed. For example, some of the plastic used feels slightly bodge (that slightly soft-ish plastic), which is used on the legs of the lions and weaponry. Also, some of the paint application is poor (looks like I did it).

Design wise, the lions look...OK. Combined, Voltron looks pretty cool. It is a large figure too. The sound effects are VERY loud.

Will do a comprehensive review with photos soon... :)

Paulbot
29th June 2018, 12:13 PM
Design wise, the lions look...OK. Combined, Voltron looks pretty cool. It is a large figure too.

I thought the legs of the individual lions looked a bit off, and that was one of the things that put me off buying it. The combined mode looks good though.

drifand
29th June 2018, 03:21 PM
I go for the Lego Voltron rather than that

Tabias Prime
29th June 2018, 07:09 PM
I go for the Lego Voltron rather than that

I saw this in my FB news feed this morning....and nearly fell off my chair I was so excited. :D:D:D

BigTransformerTrev
29th June 2018, 09:08 PM
I saw this in my FB news feed this morning....and nearly fell off my chair I was so excited. :D:D:D

Yeah the LEGO Voltron looks friggin awesome! :eek::D

CHILENO20
30th June 2018, 08:01 AM

Yeah the LEGO Voltron looks friggin awesome! :eek::D

I remember voting for that last year. Glad to see it got the nod :D

drifand
23rd July 2018, 10:26 PM
Lego voltron is now available for vip

CHILENO20
29th July 2018, 03:58 PM
Picked up the Voltron 84 sign from TRU Highpoint today :D