PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Revolution #1 Zing Pop Culture Exclusive

OptimusPrime24
18th January 2017, 01:56 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Zing Pop Culture Exclusive cover to Transformers Revolution #1. I've been checking their web site regularly since the book came out, but have never seen it available. I have tried contacting them through their site, but they apparently don't bother to respond to questions. None have popped up on eBay. I was able to confirm with IDW that it was produced and sent to them. If anyone has any info or could even help me get a copy, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lewis

A ROM Curator
22nd January 2017, 02:27 PM
Oh!...I'm not alone? Neither are you buddy. But we might be the only two. ;-) I signed up here just to commiserate with you, Lewis, about wanting a Transformers: Revolution Zing Variant & not being able to find one.

Something I can add is that the Zing website did respond to my inquiry, saying they didn't know about that particular comic book but they don't ship internationally so wouldn't sell me one even if they did (I'm in West Virginia, by the way). I've still checked their online inventory at least once a week, and also ebay searches & a google search that alerted me to this post.

I even messaged a few ebay.au sellers that had Transformers or Revolution comics listed (so they'd know what I was going on about), and they graciously went to a physical Zing store only to be told the same "know nothing about it."

Finally, I think some past Zing variants have been sold by Gamestop in the USA, so I've visited two different ones, both of which no longer carry comics & suggested I join their club or something to maybe find more information. But I feel like if this comic had ever actually been released, we would have seen it on ebay by now. I will continue to monitor it until it shows up, someday.

Perhaps the only thing I hadn't gotten around to yet was asking IDW directly, so I'm glad(?) to know you had already, also to no avail.

It's kind of a bummer that, since ROM's revival brought me back to subscribing to new comics last year after a long hiatus away, I've been able to acquire every possible variant of the titles I wanted to collect...every ROM, Micronauts, and Revolution...except that darn Zing thing. And then, a few days ago, I see an online preview of Revolutionaries #1, specifically the covers gallery page that shows all the variants & usually the first place I find out about what Retailer Exclusive covers they've deigned to provide us completist hunters, and what do I see but the only RE being a ZING. "Seriously?!"

---A ROM Curator, Gary Martin, Jr.

OptimusPrime24
22nd January 2017, 04:08 PM
Well, at least it's not just me. :-) Will post it here if I find any info. (I'm not holding my breath.) I did just e-mail a letter to IDW about this. It's lousy of them to keep giving store exclusives to a place that doesn't make them available.

Thanks,

Lewis

griffin
22nd January 2017, 07:39 PM
When and where was it officially (originally) released?

Paulbot
22nd January 2017, 08:20 PM
Turns out there was another Zing exclusive cover (Revolution: Transformers (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:TFRev_Zingcvr.jpg)) in addition to Revolutionaries #1 (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Revolutionaries1_zingcvr.jpg).

Wasn't aware the shop sold comics at all. The issue only came out last Weds/Thursday so maybe the stores take a bit longer to get them than comic stores?

OptimusPrime24
23rd January 2017, 02:21 AM
griffin: Transformers Revolution #1 came out October 26th. It's not unusual for the store exclusives to take a few weeks longer to be released, but it has been an awful long time.

Paulbot: Which one do they have now? Transformers: Revolution #1 or Revolutionaries #1? Either way, any chance you could help me get one?

Thanks,

Lewis

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2017, 09:09 AM
Wasn't aware the shop sold comics at all.
Ditto. This is news to me. :eek:

OptimusPrime24
23rd January 2017, 09:20 AM
Ditto. This is news to me. :eek:

Apparently it is news to Zing as well.

Lewis

Gouki
24th January 2017, 02:20 AM
Possibly stupid question, but are we sure this does apply to Australian ZING stores? Looks like both the initial posters are US based. Maybe it's a region thing.

OptimusPrime24
24th January 2017, 04:13 AM
Possibly stupid question, but are we sure this does apply to Australian ZING stores? Looks like both the initial posters are US based. Maybe it's a region thing.

The cover gallery in both comics list the exclusive as Zing Pop Culture, and the more recent Revolutionaris #1 even has the Zing logo on the cover. I confirmed they did get the exclusive with IDW.

Thanks,

Lewis

i_amtrunks
24th January 2017, 06:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing, perhaps it's British based thing as the Zing stores here sometimes carry comic trades from Marvel and DC but I've never seen Dark Horse, Image or IDW stuff there.

It would seem strange for them to get exclusives out from a smaller publisher out of the blue without any fanfare or media releases.

I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I spot them but perhaps an email to IDW to clarify what and where these zing exclusives are actually from.

OptimusPrime24
24th January 2017, 07:13 AM
I was thinking the same thing, perhaps it's British based thing as the Zing stores here sometimes carry comic trades from Marvel and DC but I've never seen Dark Horse, Image or IDW stuff there.

It would seem strange for them to get exclusives out from a smaller publisher out of the blue without any fanfare or media releases.

I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I spot them but perhaps an email to IDW to clarify what and where these zing exclusives are actually from.

I did e-mail IDW. It is confirmed that they went to Zing Pop Culture, and those stores, as near as I can tell, are only in Australia. They suggested they could be for a convention. Does Zing have conventions?

IDW essentially said they make exclusives, but have nothing to do with them after that. One would think if you're creating exclusive merchandise you would at least find out how it was meant to be used. They get their money and after that, they don't care.

Thanks,

Lewis

GoktimusPrime
24th January 2017, 12:50 PM
They suggested they could be for a convention. Does Zing have conventions?
Zing don't do conventions, but they do appear as vendors in conventions such as the EB Games Expo which is held in October.

philby
24th January 2017, 06:51 PM
i have definitely seen comics at my local zing but generally collected volumes, not individual isssues. i will probably be in the area tomorrow so i can go and ask. is there an isbn or code or something that will help?

OptimusPrime24
25th January 2017, 12:19 AM
i have definitely seen comics at my local zing but generally collected volumes, not individual isssues. i will probably be in the area tomorrow so i can go and ask. is there an isbn or code or something that will help?

I don't have an isbn, but I'm not sure that would help. To my knowledge, all the covers have the same isbn. Here are links to images of the two exclusive covers. Only one has the Zing logo on the cover, but both are listed in the cover gallery as Zing exclusives, and IDW has confirmed that.

Transformers: Revolution #1
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:TFRev_Zingcvr.jpg

Revolutionaries #1
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Revolutionaries1_zingcvr.jpg

I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Lewis

A ROM Curator
25th January 2017, 01:54 PM
Scroll down at this page and you'll see the Transformers: Revolution #1 cover with the Zing logo on it.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-transformers-revolution-1-thundercracker-and-b/4000-555350/

i_amtrunks
25th January 2017, 03:01 PM
So I walked into zing today and in the counter they had them sitting there!

I grabbed two so there's one each. I'll add a photo when I get home, if it's what you are after, PM me so I can get them shipped out to you!

A ROM Curator
25th January 2017, 03:58 PM
I need a pair too, trunks. I can't figure out how to PM, most of what I click on around here says I don't have permission (even my own name next to Welcome), but I hope you will help me please after you take care of the original poster, Lewis. Thanks, ---Gary Martin, Jr. in WV USA

GoktimusPrime
25th January 2017, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Rank 1 members don't have access to private messaging.

griffin
25th January 2017, 11:02 PM
Zing don't do conventions, but they do appear as vendors in conventions such as the EB Games Expo which is held in October.

Zing is a part of EB Games, either as separate stores or as a section within EB Games stores, so a Zing exclusive has the potential to be an exclusive for the EB Games Expo... but now it's been found at a Zing store, it was too late/early for an EB Games Expo.

I will have to check my nearby Zing store to see if they have it as well... as Australian Exclusives for anything Transformers is so rare.

griffin
26th January 2017, 01:53 PM
I went to my nearest Zing store today and they had the first one (Revolution).
They looked up the second one (Revolutionaries) and it has a March release date, but you can pre-order it already.

The comic was $10... and it shows how long it has been since I last bought single issue comics, as that seemed like a lot for one issue.

i_amtrunks
26th January 2017, 01:59 PM
It's a big mark up. I can get the normal IDW comics like lost light for about $7 normally.

A ROM Curator
26th January 2017, 02:47 PM
This type of cover variant (RE=Retailer Exclusive) always costs more than a regular edition of the same issue, and REs are sold for whatever price the particular retailer decides; $10 is on the low-end of what I've seen, actually.

I can confirm that the comic that trunks bought at Zing IS the Transformers: Revolution RE variant that Lewis and I were searching for. (my PM settings kicked in, so trunks was able to show me a photo there). I'm going to assume, then, that griffin's information is also pertaining to the RE variants, and we can expect the Revolutionaries Zing cover to appear in March.

Mysteries solved...ThAnKs guys!! I hope Lewis shows up & gets the good news soon. :) ---A ROM Curator, Gary Martin, Jr.

OptimusPrime24
28th January 2017, 09:50 AM
Yes!

That's great. Who had the book for me? I saw griffin posting and also iamtrunks. Someone let me know where to send paypal and how much with shipping.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Lewis

SuspectimusPrime
29th January 2017, 01:01 PM
Came across a Zing in Eastgardens. They had 7 copies of the exclusives leaned against their POS machine's monitor pole, so each of them had creases in the spine (I hate seeing any sort of damage on my comics) :( Picked one up with the least damage.

philby
1st February 2017, 12:22 PM
I've been away and realised I forgot to check the store near me. I might be there today. If they have some did anyone still want one?

Darth_Malificent
4th February 2017, 02:00 AM
Hello! I am new to this site from across the pond, and wanted to know if by any chance someone would be willing to help out a couple of collectors with 2 copies of the Zing! exclusive Transformers Revolution cover, with Megatron and Cobra Commander on the cover...? Philby, please let me know if no one has taken you up on your generous offer! I need one for my TF comic collection and one for a buddy who focuses on anything GI Joe. Willing to send PP with a few extra dollars to say thank you for making this possible. Please help! Thank you again...

Darth_Malificent
8th February 2017, 04:23 AM
Not certain if this link will post properly, but this is supposed to lead to an image of the Zing! exclusive cover being discussed here:

http://comicbookrealm.com/series/45287/389497/transformers-revolution-issue

Is anyone able to assist a fellow collector with 2 of these, if they are at all available in your area...? I can send Paypal or trade with other Revolution comics if you are in need of any. Thank you again!

philby
10th February 2017, 08:14 PM
Not certain if this link will post properly, but this is supposed to lead to an image of the Zing! exclusive cover being discussed here:

http://comicbookrealm.com/series/45287/389497/transformers-revolution-issue

Is anyone able to assist a fellow collector with 2 of these, if they are at all available in your area...? I can send Paypal or trade with other Revolution comics if you are in need of any. Thank you again!

I will be at the shopping centre tomorrow so I will look again. They did have some last time I was there, but they had a price sticker on the actual comic and not in a protective wrap or anything. Does that matter?

Darth_Malificent
11th February 2017, 03:43 AM
Thank you! I did check with my Joe collector friend as well, and we are both 100% good with price stickers on the actual comic. We will try to carefully remove them from each copy if it looks like we might be able to. For each of us just to have one in our respective collections is all that matters to us, honestly...thank you again for trying!

GoktimusPrime
11th February 2017, 08:44 AM
Eh... some of the Transformers comics that I collected in the 80s still have their price stickers on them. Adds to the charm IMHO. :D What I found interesting was how the comics I bought from newsagents* had bar codes on them, but later comics that I bought from comic book stores had additional artwork in those rectangles. ;)

------------------------------
*it wasn't until the 90s that I discovered comic book stores - did they exist in Australia before then? :confused:

BruiseLee
11th February 2017, 01:34 PM
Eh... some of the Transformers comics that I collected in the 80s still have their price stickers on them. Adds to the charm IMHO. :D What I found interesting was how the comics I bought from newsagents* had bar codes on them, but later comics that I bought from comic book stores had additional artwork in those rectangles. ;)

------------------------------
*it wasn't until the 90s that I discovered comic book stores - did they exist in Australia before then? :confused:

The ones with the bar codes are sold in newsagents and those which are sold to the direct market like comic book shops have the artwork where the UPC code is. What I found funny was newsagents in Australia did not use the barcode to scan in the 80s. There may have been a small number of comic shops around in the 80s but I was still ordering stuff from USA that time. Foreign currency bank drafts as no credit cards for school kids like me. Shifted to buying in local comic stores in the early 90s.

MayzaPrime
11th February 2017, 06:40 PM
Got my copy today... ended up talking to the Zing dude for ages much to my Wife's annoyance. But it was 41 degrees in Canberra today so I really didnt want to go back outside :D

Darth_Malificent
14th February 2017, 03:53 AM
By any chance is someone willing to help me with 2 copies of this TF Revolution Zing cover, in any condition, even with price stickers applied to it...? I have other Revolution comics for trade, or Paypal, please let me know! Thank you for any help...

philby
15th February 2017, 01:50 PM
Done, just grabbed 2 for you :) do you have private messages enabled yet? I don't remember if there is a post number you have to reach before you can do that. The store happened to be playing 'you got the touch' while I was in there too!

Darth_Malificent
16th February 2017, 12:59 AM
Nice! Even heard some Stan Bush while in the store?!? Wow...too funny. Thank you again for making this possible, PM sent moments ago!

OptimusPrime24
21st March 2017, 05:19 AM
Anyone see the Revolutionares #1 Zing exclusive? If so, can anyone help me get one?

Thanks,

Lewis

Darth_Malificent
4th April 2017, 07:54 AM
I saw this on the Zing website:

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/books---comics-222062-Transformers---Revolutionaries-01-Comic-Book-Books--Comics

...and I e-mailed them about shipping to the U.S.A., but their response was a polite "no, sorry, we do not" but I am uncertain if this is their Revolutionaries #1 exclusive cover because the photo on their website is that of the basic Cover A, not the exclusive retailer variant. Has anyone in Australia ordered this book via the website to see if it is in fact the Zing exclusive cover by any chance...?

philby
5th April 2017, 06:16 PM
I saw this on the Zing website:

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/books---comics-222062-Transformers---Revolutionaries-01-Comic-Book-Books--Comics

...and I e-mailed them about shipping to the U.S.A., but their response was a polite "no, sorry, we do not" but I am uncertain if this is their Revolutionaries #1 exclusive cover because the photo on their website is that of the basic Cover A, not the exclusive retailer variant. Has anyone in Australia ordered this book via the website to see if it is in fact the Zing exclusive cover by any chance...?

Check PMs

A ROM Curator
1st May 2017, 09:43 PM
A little public thanks to this board and its members Philby, I_amtrunks, and OptimusPrime24, for helping this curator keep his ongoing ROM comics collection complete...couldn't've gotten those darn Zing things without 'em. ---A ROM Curator, Gary Martin, Jr.