PDA

View Full Version : MP-07 is Grimlock!?

kup
20th January 2008, 03:01 PM
Looks like MP-07 will be non other than Grimlock! This is awesome news and I am stoked!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=163519

I can't wait for proper pics and of course, the release!
________
Marijuana Vaporizers (http://weedvaporizers.info/)

G1Optimal
20th January 2008, 03:03 PM
DOH! :eek:
someone delete my thread, Please! :o

iceburn
20th January 2008, 03:09 PM
wah hahahaha...a huge Grimlock

Paulbot
20th January 2008, 03:16 PM
Sweet!! :)

G1Optimal I've deleted the double up

Kup I've added the question mark to the thread topic as it's not official yet, but I hope it is

G1Optimal
20th January 2008, 03:45 PM
Sweet!! :)

G1Optimal I've deleted the double up

Thanks Paulbot :)
If it Turns out to be true......
I must wonder can "Slag", "Sludge", "Snarl" & "Swoop" be far behind?

And i personally, would like to hear what Grimlock has to say about this?:D

Thanatos
20th January 2008, 03:59 PM
OMFG.

*wets pants*

Pipesqueak
20th January 2008, 04:36 PM
After the quality of MP line after prime and magnus, I wouldn't hold my breath on this being any good. But if it is, then great, otherwise, meh.

Exactly. It was one thing to stuff up Megatron, but if they make a poor Grimlock I'll be really pissed off and may quit the MP line for good.

Adzma
20th January 2008, 05:22 PM
Oh. My. God... My wish has come true! In your face USA Masterpiece Starscream! I knew MP-07 would be a new mould. If it is Grimmers, I don't care whether it has die cast or not, I'll be nabbing one ASAP.

Tiby
20th January 2008, 05:46 PM
I wonder if it will be the old Godzilla style G1 version or the more scientifically correct more recent version (like BW Megatron).

Robzy
20th January 2008, 05:47 PM
Excellent news if it's true!

The only other Masterpiece figures that would make me more excited would be Soundwave or Shockwave!

:)

Gutsman Heavy
20th January 2008, 06:09 PM
Grimlock finally king!

1orion2many
20th January 2008, 06:11 PM
:)Just when I had given up all hope:eek:, if this is true I want to grovel at the feet of the person who made this decision and kiss thier boots:D.

Tober
20th January 2008, 06:23 PM
That's looking more like an ENCORE figure tho. Neat if it's true tho.

I was hoping MP-7 would be Animation Starscream.

Tober
20th January 2008, 06:25 PM
:)Just when I had given up all hope:eek:, if this is true I want to grovel at the feet of the person who made this decision and kiss thier boots:D.

That would be Aaron Archer. He wanted to design a MP Grimlock.

Borgeman
20th January 2008, 07:22 PM

to be honest i hope this isnt released as a masterpiece - we have the US one, and takara is releasing their Jap version, so why do we need it again. id much rather thundercracker comes out

that said, im rapt that grimlock looks likely to be released :)

George

kup
20th January 2008, 08:14 PM
I hope Aaron Archer doesn't design Grimlock or otherwise we will get a toy filled with electronic lights and sounds with the transforming level of a basic. Probably a 'flip the head and call it a Dinosaur' sort of thing.

There is the distinct chance that this would be a future encore figure (the shadowed picture is that of Grimlock's G1 box art) but I hope that its an MP as most of us have Grimlocks in fairly good condition to warrant another plus an MP would be much cooler!
________
Karl rapp (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/Karl_Rapp)

Kyle
20th January 2008, 08:29 PM
I would have preferred a reissue. But this isn't bad either. :)

Tober
20th January 2008, 08:35 PM
to be honest i hope this isnt released as a masterpiece - we have the US one, and takara is releasing their Jap version, so why do we need it again. id much rather thundercracker comes out

that said, im rapt that grimlock looks likely to be released :)

George

I actually want the Jap release of USA MP SS to be MP-7. Preferably with the nice black box instead of the Classics packaging etc. And NO scorch marks!

roller
20th January 2008, 08:36 PM
for the sake of humanity i hope not

nah, i hope it is since all of you would enjoyit, especially since you all have a fetish for a dinosaur dumber then barney

yeah i know he is smarter in marvel,dw

enjoy it if it is

i wonder how has/tak will repaint a dino mould into a new character to milk it?

eg: mp08 Grimlock with sword

dirge
20th January 2008, 08:43 PM
Ah the fan feeding frenzy has begun.

I agree with kup, if Hasbro design the concept, it will be anything but a Masterpiece. But I'm not worried. I'd be more interested in an encore Grimlock anyway.

Gutsman Heavy
20th January 2008, 09:34 PM
I too would prefer an Encore Grimlock, but I look forward to seeing how MP Grims turns out :)

STL
20th January 2008, 10:14 PM
Any masterpiece addition is a welcome. I'm not sure if it'll be any good but always a start.

Soundwarp
20th January 2008, 10:18 PM

IMO ENCORE would be way better....
I'd prefer to see all this money spent on reissuing all the old stuff.

IMO!

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2008, 11:25 PM
guh, the last thing we want is Aaron Archer designing more Dinobots! :p

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/25/t_megadinobot001.jpg
Mega Dinobot is a neat concept (i.e.: Dinobot combiner/gestalt) but terribly executed.

A Masterpiece Grimlock - like any toy, would be neat if it were executed well, and we've seen the best and worst of Masterpiece.

1orion2many
20th January 2008, 11:38 PM
:confused:Why do people want an encore Grimlock:confused:. Surely most people on this board already have the G1 version.

iceburn
21st January 2008, 12:06 AM
Me (grimlock) want MP and encore *heheheheeeee*

cygnus
21st January 2008, 01:49 AM
honestly ..the description on the picture has no relation to TF at all,
instead it something about gundam.

Therefore, I don't think this is real.

*thought i also want a MP grimmlock* :(

kup
21st January 2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah as time passes that appears to be a distinct possibility, Cygnus.

I too also want an MP Grimlock! Too bad that all this appeared to be wishful thinking only.
________
New Jersey Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

Saintly
21st January 2008, 08:02 AM
give me an encore grimlock anyday :)

the masterpiece would be just another scrap metal (pun intended) (I hope it doesn't come back and bite me!!)

1orion2many
21st January 2008, 08:18 AM
:)You could have done what I did when it came to G1 Grimlock, buy him off the shelf brand new when he was released:D, he has only been transformed a couple of times too, so he is nice and tight;).

Paulbot
21st January 2008, 08:30 AM
While I'm quite happy with my G2 Grimlock, I would like an Encore version with the original colours.

Tober
21st January 2008, 08:44 AM
honestly ..the description on the picture has no relation to TF at all,
instead it something about gundam.

Therefore, I don't think this is real.

*thought i also want a MP grimmlock* :(

Doesn't the text suggest that the designer who worked on Gundam 00 is involved in the design of MP Grimlock?

roller
21st January 2008, 08:50 AM
MP07 is super Tober

liegeprime
21st January 2008, 09:03 AM
And then again Hastak Screws the fans by not completing the Seekers First.... Thundercracker gets no respect at all I tell Yah.

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2008, 09:11 AM
You could have done what I did when it came to G1 Grimlock, buy him off the shelf brand new when he was released,
That's what I did, but he's seen better days after 23 years of play - and one of the dino arms is broken (not by me, other kids were always coming over and breakin' my toys, grrr!). So yeah, I'd definitely scoop up on a reissue.

My Swoop is in good condition, but the joints are really loose, so I'd get a reissue of him too. My Slag is in okay condition... undecided if I would get a reissue of him. My Sludge is in fantastic condition so I wouldn't get a reissue of him. My Snarl is in the worst condition though - I have 2 Snarls and they're both in poor condition ... he was my favourite Dinobot as a kid and got played with the most... that and he and Bluestreak got sat on or stepped (again - other kids, not me!). Snarl is the one Dinobot I most desperately would love to get a reissue of. Grimlock is #2. ;)

And if they ever did reissue Swoop, e-Hobby should definitely reissue the Diaclone version - which features the same colours as the cartoon!

http://www.diaclone.net/orid/diadino/09007.jpghttp://www.diaclone.net/orid/diadino/090box01.jpg
http://cartoons.infinitecoolness.com/01/transformers06.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/Swoop-animated.jpg

Tober
21st January 2008, 09:12 AM
Thundercracker is bound to get a MP release.

Poor Roller, he was completely neglected. Even when MP Prime came with his trailer... Where are those TF Club guys?

Adzma
21st January 2008, 09:13 AM
And then again Hastak Screws the fans by not completing the Seekers First.... Thundercracker gets no respect at all I tell Yah.
Well, my theory in the matter is, assuming MP-7 really is Grimmers, there's going to be more than 2 MPs released this year. If those rumours that a Prime/Megs duo is to be released, then I think that the MP schedule for this year might go something like this:

Early in the Year:
- New Mould, possibly MP Grimlock.
- USA Starscream although not actually credited as part of the MP line.

Middle of the Year:
- The Prime and Megs release, labeled as MP-8.

End of the Year:
- A new redeco, most likely Thundercracker, making him MP-9.

Pure speculation, but if the Prime/Megs rumour is true, I feel this would be a highly accepted plan if announced by TakaraTomy.

Tober
21st January 2008, 09:23 AM
I know the Convoy Vs Megatron reissue is being considered by TakTom but is there really that much demand for another Convoy release? Maybe the Movie has got people wanting it again. As for Megatron - he is on clearence currently.

Adzma
21st January 2008, 09:25 AM
I certainly want another run of MP Prime. I was stupid enough to buy 20th Anniversary Prime in the first place, then tried to remove his burn marks. :mad: Now I keep him in truck mode cause I can't stand to see his de-chromed stomach grill.

i_amtrunks
21st January 2008, 09:41 AM
I wonder if his eventual Re-release will be G2 Grimlock? :p

I hope the quality for this guy is better than MP05, I'm now happy I skipped him after reading QC and license issues with him.

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2008, 12:21 PM
If Takara still has the G2 Grimlock mould (which I'm personally skeptical about) then they would reissue it with G1 colours. They did the same with the G1 Prime reissue (w/ new arms), Jazz (w/ the hole removed from the roof and reconstructed rear window panels for the Hasbro version and Stepper) and probably for Sideswipe and Starscream too (I don't see that much difference between their G1 and G2 moulds - 'cept for the hole in Sideswipe's roof which they could've easily patched up like they did w/ Jazz). I don't own G2 Inferno so I dunno if there were any G2 mould elements in the Inferno reissue.

Tober
21st January 2008, 01:22 PM
So does that test have anything to do woth Transformers? Or is it possible the graphic designer used the wrong graphic or something?

cygnus
21st January 2008, 04:33 PM
Doesn't the text suggest that the designer who worked on Gundam 00 is involved in the design of MP Grimlock?

Actually I don't think thats possible though i can't fully read/see the full script.
As 2 things differ so much in any ways, I think this is just a KUSO from someone.

kup
21st January 2008, 05:15 PM
Well, my theory in the matter is, assuming MP-7 really is Grimmers, there's going to be more than 2 MPs released this year. If those rumours that a Prime/Megs duo is to be released, then I think that the MP schedule for this year might go something like this:

Early in the Year:
- New Mould, possibly MP Grimlock.
- USA Starscream although not actually credited as part of the MP line.

Middle of the Year:
- The Prime and Megs release, labeled as MP-8.

End of the Year:
- A new redeco, most likely Thundercracker, making him MP-9.

Pure speculation, but if the Prime/Megs rumour is true, I feel this would be a highly accepted plan if announced by TakaraTomy.

I want an MP Skywarp and would be awesome to also get a Thundercracker in proper colors. I am holding back any large toy buys (as in expensive) until I can figure out my future financial situation as I am starting a new job soon.
________
Blowjob orgy (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/354/orgy/videos/1)

Lord_Zed
21st January 2008, 05:42 PM
Argh, ya got my hopes up.

As a fan of the masterpiece line I would love to see and MP Grimlock. I don't see it as likely though as they'd want to add more articulation to the Dinosaur mode to be inkeeping with the MP level, and that's quite difficult given Grinlocks transformation.

But it would be great if they did as dinosaurs don't get flaged by customs (as far as I know:rolleyes:). Of course if they did release Grimlock then there's be two MP"S that need a crown accesory.

dirge
21st January 2008, 10:51 PM
I want an MP Skywarp and would be awesome to also get a Thundercracker in proper colors.

... if they released a (good) Thundercracker and announced the end of the line, I'd be perfectly happy. As nice as Screamer and Skywarp are, Thundercracker is easily my favourite of the trio. I am _hanging_ for the announcement of Thundercracker!

kup
21st January 2008, 10:55 PM
I think that a Thundercrakcer repaint is inevitable. If Takara doesn't do it then Hasbro will. Hasbro's MP Starscream sold fantastically well and as we know, they like to milk stuff that works.

Hopefully Archer won't get another dose of 'enlightment' and release a Sunstorm or weird butt ugly repaint instead.

BTW: Welcome to the new board, Lord Zed!
________
Indica Strains (http://strainindex.com)

Saintly
22nd January 2008, 08:20 AM
BTW: Welcome to the new board, Lord Zed!

oh yes, welcome back zed! :)

Total Posts: 340 (139.58 posts per day)

ROFL!! amazing.. I supposed it's achievable!

springah
22nd January 2008, 12:09 PM
screws the fans? screw up the MP line?

and there are so many Starscream figures out already, jeez.

you're all elitists! sure the MPs after Prime weren't the best toys to ever come out, but sheesh, most other toy lines have moved on to bigger and better things. im greatful we get ANYTHING G1 related AT ALL. it was like 20 years ago people..

iceburn
22nd January 2008, 12:16 PM
welcome back Lord Zed.... :P

Lord_Zed
22nd January 2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome, not that I went far, just had nothing to contribute. As the sort of Transfan who's enthusiasm will wax and wane, it's a bit of a dry spell for me at the moment. There's been no big exciting new TF developments since the movie and movie line, so (just about any) new Masterpiece or new classics would really hit the spot.

you're all elitists! sure the MPs after Prime weren't the best toys to ever come out, but sheesh, most other toy lines have moved on to bigger and better things. im greatful we get ANYTHING G1 related AT ALL. it was like 20 years ago people..

Not me I like the whole masterpiece line, I commend Takara for having the guts to release such I highend collector aimed line, sure it ain't perfect but the're trying.

1orion2many
22nd January 2008, 01:33 PM
:)I personally don't have any complaints against the MP line but then again all my MP's are still in stasis lock in thier boxes:D.

kup
22nd January 2008, 03:13 PM
I personally like the MP line too. MP-01 is still above the rest but I enjoyed MP Megatron despite it being more plastic than metal. I have transformed him several times and nothing has ever broken.

MP Magnus was a bit on the 'shameless repaint' side since he had not trailer armor but I dont mind it so much since the white and blues look good on him.

MP Skywarp is an excellent toy that shows that Takara can learn from past mistakes.

The only toy that I have real issues with in the MP line is Greenscream for its fragile plastic and colors and attempt to make him look less G1 and more Kawamori. He just sucked.

However there has been a redemption of sorts with Hasbro's MP Starscream as the colors of that toy are great and the plastic durable enough to remove the awful hip fins and attach them to his legs for a more G1 look and feel. He is also durable enough to Transform several times and even play with. It has grown to be my favorite Starscream representaion yet. Hasbro's release of the MP Starscream mold has kind of neutralize the only real negative that I had agains that line.

I look forward to Thundercracker, the remote possibility of coneheads and if the rumor is true, I am stoked over an MP Grimlock, that would rock!
________
FFM COMPILATION (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/539/compilation/videos/1)

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd January 2008, 08:53 PM
I think an MP Grimbo would be cool. Whenever I did the survey card for the MPs, I always put down Grimbo as then one I wanted next (well, after we got Megatron anyway.

I am wary though, because Greenscreem was done by a different guy and he added all sorts of extra un-wanted shenanigans like the Radar dome in the nose (WTH?!) and he also did the Hybrid G1 COnvoy as well and that was a little wierd. No doubt I will pre-order one if it shows up, but I will cancel it if its too wierd.

Tober
22nd January 2008, 09:32 PM
That guy was Shoji Kawamori. Responsible for the iconic Macross Valkyries and thus Jetfire. He was also on the Diaclone design team and designed the seeker mold as well as the Mazda mold and contributed to Convoy as well. He was working at Studio Nue at the time so it is possible he had a hand in the dinobots, insecticons and Devastator as well. Whirl and Roadbuster from Dvorak are credited to him.

I agree that MP Starscream is a strange mold (and color) for Transformers. I'm not sure why Takara bought him in the modify the origional design into something more Macross-like. As for THS-02, he wanted something that represented C/OP well in robot mode and sacrificed the alt mode to achieve this - sorta the opposite or the origional C/OP from Diaclone.

Robzy
23rd January 2008, 10:09 AM
I'm another one who loves the whole MP line so far. I really hope it continues for a long time (Soundwave/Shockwave would be awesome).

My only complaints are with the repaint of Prime as Ultra Magnus :rolleyes:, and Megatron's flimsy and fragile make... Yet I still think it's one of the best Megatrons ever made!

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2008, 10:29 AM
Kawamori is a very good mecha designer, as seen in Macross, Ghost In The Shell (movie) and other stuff he's done... but he's not very good as a chief Transformer designer. Yes, he was on the design team for the Diaclone Car Robots, but he wasn't the head designer, Ono Koujin was. Kawamori on the other hand was the head designer for Masterpiece Starscream and Hybrid Series Convoy with dubious results for Transfans. :/

The Macross Frontier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQ3xUdCPD0) Valkyries look sweet as - so he definitely still has incredible skills as a mecha designer... I just don't think that he's all that good as a Transformer designer. :/

Macross Frontier Valkyries...

"Ozma Lee" (Skull Squadron) VF-25 Fighter Mode
http://www.mahq.net/MECHA/macross/macrossf/vf-25-fighter.jpg

"Ozma Lee" (Skull Squadron) VF-25 Battroid mode
http://www.mahq.net/MECHA/macross/macrossf/vf-25-battroid.jpg

"Alto Saotome" VF-25 Gerwalk mode
http://www.mahq.net/MECHA/macross/macrossf/vf-25-gerwalk2.jpg

http://www.steelfalcon.com/Macross/Images/VF17title.gif

Tober
23rd January 2008, 05:22 PM
I think his work in Macross shows that he is maybe running out of ideas when it comes to developing Valkyries. The VF-25 looks like .Valkyrie Remix' - Mostly a VF-0S mixed with the SV-51 and some YF-19 as well. It is possiby his most refined Valk to date tho and a beautiful design. Shame that Yamato won't be releasing a toy version initially tho. Hopefully Bandai will come through.

I think his recent work on KISS-DUM (http://www.kissdum.com/mecha.html) is a better testement to his mecha skills. Other recent series of note are Aquarion, Eureka 7 and Armoured Core (game).

I'm not sure how much blame you can attribute to Kawamori for the changes to MP-3 (sans color). TAKARA had a prefectly good mold ready to go and then they bought him in... why? He didn't just kick in their doors and demand that changes be made - he was hired to MAKE changes because there must have been changes that TAKARA wanted made. They must have given him some sort of re-design brief.

My personal theory is that the design for starscream was a part of the Decepticon BINALTECH series that TAKARA was exploring. BINALTECH was cancelled and so the Starscream design was bought into the MP line instead because work had already been done on it to extent of being production ready. MP-3 really looks like a modern update of the F-15 that is asthetically more reminiscent of the BINALTECH series as far as the Japanese Samurai armour goes.

kup
23rd January 2008, 06:09 PM
True, the blame for Greenscream is squarely Takara's fault not Kawamori. After reading the history of it, that much is clear.

Takara basically hired the wrong man for the job, Kawamori may be skilled and revered for his Transforming mecha designs but his style simply does not generally suit Transformers. Takara basically wanted to have some sort of cooperation with Kawamori due to his 'celebrity' status in the Japanese geek world and unfortunately they gave him the completed MP Starscream mold and asked him to do as he wished to improve it. Kawamori did just that, he incorporated his own style on the existing mold without keeping Transformers or the character of Starscream in mind. By his own account he mentions that he wanted to do thing like give the figure a 'Samurai' look and that sort of thing which is more in line with the look of his own designs rather than the Starscream character.

As Gok mentioned earlier, chances are because Takara gave Kawamori the freedom to do as he wished with the mold and his 'celebrity' status, they could not deny his 'improvements' without offending him and his millions of fans. So they just had to go with it.
To his credit however, he did improve the Plane mode considerably and his changes there did not directly affect the 'Starscream' look of the alt mode. His mistake was actually changing the tail fins of the plane by attaching them to his hip instead of his legs. That change with the tail fins attached to the hips were not necessary to the improvements made on the the alt mode but he did it anyway and it severely handicaps the figure's articulation and contributes to taking away the Classic Starscream Seeker look. He could have left them on the legs but he wanted that 'Samurai' look so he attached the tail fin assembly to his hip to resemble swords. Of course the next thing and the one with the most impact were the colors and plastic used. Kawamori is mostly a transforming mecha model designer, not a toy designer. His target audience are mainly collectors and adults who would not normally play with the toy, so he went for what he perceived as appropriate plastic for the mold which is generaly good for model kits but terrible for Transformers. He also attempted some form of realism with the colors and therefore went for the seaweed green (dont ask) and dark magenta like chest, again he went for his own style forgetting or not knowing that this toy is supposed to represent the character of Starscream.

Takara should have given Kawamori strict guidelines in which to make his improvements but instead gave him the freedom to modify the mold as he pleased. Basically they hired the wrong man for the job.

The facts above were actually taken from Kawamori's interview on MP Starcream, so they come straight from the source.
________
Silver surfer vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

Lord_Zed
23rd January 2008, 06:40 PM
I think Kup summed it up pretty well, Kawamori made changes to Starscream inkepping with the sort of designs he creates, Sleek, semi-realistic. Generaly speaking the stlye of G1 is beefy and block like so having someone who designs lithe mecha with long flowin fins and the like is obviously going to be moving away from G1. I happen to like the original MP starscream because he is a Kawamori interpretation for Starscream, but I do agree that he is divergent from Prime who is basicaly a recreation of G1 cartoon prime.

I think his work in Macross shows that he is maybe running out of ideas when it comes to developing Valkyries. The VF-25 looks like .Valkyrie Remix' - Mostly a VF-0S mixed with the SV-51 and some YF-19 as well. It is possiby his most refined Valk to date tho and a beautiful design.

I think a lot of artists when they get older get stuck in there ways, and tend not to try anything as revolutionary as they did in thier youth. so all Kawamoris new Valkyries seem quite similar, also working in 3D has forced him to abandon the cartoony changes in proportion common in his older valkyrie designs. (the VF1's wings and nose cone, and the YF 19's legs are a good example of significant changes in proportion)

Tober
23rd January 2008, 06:48 PM
Takara gave him carte blanche - plus agreed that no additional changes would be made after he had finished. In an interview Kawamori stated that he wanted to take the realism of the F-15 even further but when he reviewed it realised that the design no longer looked enough like Starscream so he reworked it again. The arms were also changed because of the inclusion of the conformal tanks, they have that kinda weird Popeye look to them. Origionally the nulla-rays were attached to the arms by a swing-bar that expanded to position them under the wings in alt mode.

The Animation color version of SS looks like SS. It's the weird green color scheme that throws people off. Inside the instruction booklet Kawamori stated that he chose that color because it is more realistic - but there are NO green F-15s, not even Japanese naval F-15 are green. Apparently the green tone was chosen to blend the colors of the blue arms into the main body. :rolleyes:

Tober
23rd January 2008, 06:56 PM
I think a lot of artists when they get older get stuck in there ways, and tend not to try anything as revolutionary as they did in thier youth. so all Kawamoris new Valkyries seem quite similar, also working in 3D has forced him to abandon the cartoony changes in proportion common in his older valkyrie designs. (the VF1's wings and nose cone, and the YF 19's legs are a good example of significant changes in proportion)

Actually he still does most of his preliminary designs in Lego. His lego model of the VF-1 is how he convinced Takatoku that the transformation of the Valkyrie was possible/achieveable. He also uses graph paper to create proportions and measure volumes along with his own illustration abilities. It's his design team that creates the CAD and 3D prototypes for visualisation.

hoardz01
24th January 2008, 08:49 PM
what about the paint applications, will there be the chrome /gold parts....dont know if it would fit the MP style, but is necessary for G1 throwback?

I would also like to see a stand like starscream, He does fly in the TF: movie as i recall....lol. But seriously, stands/bases rock!

Tober
24th January 2008, 09:01 PM
Optimus and Megatron had chrome parts. And TAKARA seems to like adding chrome to their Transformers (Classics).

kup
25th January 2008, 11:49 AM
I am sure that if MP Grimlock is to happen, Takara would add gold and silver chrome where it is appropriate. One of the great things about Takara is that they don't usualy cheap out like Hasbro does.

News have been very silent since the rumor was announced but it could have been suplanted by the Classics 2.0 Sunstreaker picture craze. I hope we hear something soon.
________
MILF PUNISHMENT (http://www.fucktube.com/video/25157/humiliated-milf-gets-a-severe-punishment)

GoktimusPrime
25th January 2008, 12:55 PM
The VF-25 looks like .Valkyrie Remix' Yeah it's meant to. :) Don't forget that Macross Frontier is Kawamori/Big West's big celebration of Macross' 25th Anniversary. You watch the show and there are so many "echoes" between it an the original Macross, such as...

MACROSS FRONTIER SPOILERS AHEAD!

+ The main protagonist also starts off as a civilian stunt pilot - although this time he flies power armour instead of a plane. Judging from the fact that we've seen pics of a VF-25 with his name attached, we can assume that he'll become conscripted or enlisted into the UN Spacy as a Valkyrie pilot.

+ The elite Valkyrie squad is still the Skull Squadron with the same black and yellow stripes!

+ the capital ships have captains wearing a typical naval uniform much like Captain Global's and they're all manned (or womanned) by female "bridge bunnies."

+ Lynn Minmei is divided into two characters - there's the schoolgirl who works part time at a Chinese restaurant and then there's Sheryl, the pop idol - who like Minmei also has some questionable morals (although arguably more remorseless - but I wouldn't say she's evil like Sharon Apple - just very self-centred, which again is like Minmei)

+ A lot of the capital ships look like they were made from a hybrid of human and Zentraedi technology.

+ The ending theme is a really nice new version of the "Do You Remember Love?" song. I love it! :)
"Do You Remember Love?" from original Macross (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVZyHDA9I6A) (Iijima Mari)
"Do You Remember Love?" from Macross Frontier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CGiI2NQCVc) (performed by Kannou Youko, who also did music for Macross Plus)

Lord_Zed
25th January 2008, 01:26 PM
I'm trying to have a look as we type. The intro and shorts I've seen were a bit of a turn of as they remind me a bit of Macross 7 (eeep!)

Also if it's set only 10 or so years after Macross 7, shouldn't the VF 19 excalibur be the standard combat fighter in circulation still?

Anyways I'll tell you what I think, after I've seen it. Hoping for the best.

Tober
25th January 2008, 02:08 PM
It's a nice looking Valk, I was hoping for something a bit more futuristic tho I guess.

I only ever got about halfway through the first ep of Mac 7 before giving up on it. I might give it another chance later, after all I didn't like Beast Wars the first time I saw it.

Saintly
25th January 2008, 02:51 PM
the frontier valk does look sweet...

sorry to sidetrack... when did this anime aired?

Tober
25th January 2008, 03:27 PM
'Macross F' or 'Fronteer' - It's a new series that started a few weeks ago.

Saintly
25th January 2008, 03:38 PM
'Macross F' or 'Fronteer' - It's a new series that started a few weeks ago.

cool thanks Tober... looks like it started screening just before Animated

I know what I'm downloading tonight :D

ok, back to topic!