PDA

View Full Version : Masterpiece Cheetor GPS?

Jinto
27th April 2017, 01:30 PM
Anyone else worried this guy is going to turn into a pile of dust and cheetah parts in about 5 years? That's a lot of gold plastic.

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/3a/BW-Masterpiece-MP34-Cheetor.jpg

Ravagecat
27th April 2017, 03:43 PM
They have more than likely improved the process of gold plastic these days so hopefully MP Cheetor will be ok. On the older toys you could tell there was an issue in the plastic mix as there was generally a swirling effect in the gold parts.

Jetfire in the sky
27th April 2017, 03:47 PM
GPS has only affected figures from a certain era, and was limited to a small number of figures.

Its nothing to worry about today, although if you exposed any plastic to high levels of UV and heat it will increase the chances of GPS like symptoms no matter the colour.

kurdt_the_goat
27th April 2017, 04:31 PM
All of Cheetor's gold looks to be painted so i don't think there'll be any issue.

DELTAprime
27th April 2017, 06:09 PM
Hasbro said at a Botcon panel many years ago that they have fixed the issue and it won't be a problem going forward. Off the top of my head I think the last toy effected by GPS (or rather Brown Plastic Syndrome) is the Hasbro version of TM2 Megatron.

Strike that, last toy that had GPS was 2007's Protoform Starscream.

Jetfire in the sky
28th April 2017, 08:50 AM
Hasbro said at a Botcon panel many years ago that they have fixed the issue and it won't be a problem going forward. Off the top of my head I think the last toy effected by GPS (or rather Brown Plastic Syndrome) is the Hasbro version of TM2 Megatron.

Strike that, last toy that had GPS was 2007's Protoform Starscream.

I stand corrected, wow :eek: 2007!