PDA

View Full Version : Advance screenings at some Australian Cinemas June 20th

griffin
3rd June 2017, 09:51 AM
The Australian Transformers Movie site has a page now (http://tickets.transformersmovie.com.au/) to find all the Tuesday June 20th sessions (and regular sessions after that).

EDIT -
Event Cinemas have now listed advance screenings of the Last Knight Movie (https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Movie/Transformers-The-Last-Knight#date=2017-06-20) for people to pre-purchase tickets, for Tuesday June 20th (two days before its release here).

The first ones listed were at eight Brisbane theatres.

The first sessions listed there (others are now listed)...

Browns Plains - 6:15 PM Vmax
Chermside - 6:15 PM Vmax
Garden City Mt Gravatt - 6:15 PM Vmax
Indooroopilly - 6:15 PM Vmax
Loganholme - 6:15 PM Vmax
North Lakes - 6:15 PM Vmax Dolby ATMOS
Springfield - 6:15 PM Vmax Dolby ATMOS
Brisbane City Myer Centre - 9:30 PM Vmax

It means that Australia still manages to sneak back in front with being the first to publicly show the Last Knight movie, despite IMAX in America just announcing their advance screenings on June 20th as well.

griffin
3rd June 2017, 10:45 AM
Well, I was able to purchase some tickets at the Garden City session (in case I am free to see it that night, and in case some others want to go that night too), so that should hopefully mean this is all legit, and isn't a mistake, like being listed on the wrong day.

djanscak
4th June 2017, 11:35 AM
Grand Cinemas in WA has Gold Lounge preview screenings on the 20th:

https://www.grandcinemas.com.au/Promotion/Boys-Night-Out-Transformers-The-Last-Knight

ILikeSoundwave
5th June 2017, 09:38 PM
Just booked my tickets for the 20th at Event Cinemas Campbelltown.

griffin
5th June 2017, 09:43 PM
Ah, so Event Cinemas have added other theatres to the list, as there are 10 now in NSW that have the advance screening session on the 20th.
They also have some listed for WA, SA and NT as well.

G1Optimal
6th June 2017, 11:42 AM
Hoyts Blacktown (Extreme Screen) and Mt Druitt has it available for Tuesday 20th June at 6:45 pm.

RobinT
8th June 2017, 09:34 PM
Hoyts Chadstone too at the same time.

Chadstone
20th June
06:45PM Session

Dolby ATMOS
RC Recliner Chair
SPECEVENT Special Event
XTREME Xtreme Screen

Paulbot
8th June 2017, 10:34 PM
I keep checking but no Village Cinema tickets available yet.

griffin
8th June 2017, 10:40 PM
Not sure why, but it looks like Brisbane has the earliest times for some reason - 6.15pm.

Not that 30 minutes is a huge amount, but it does mean that someone from Brisbane could be the first Australian to post online their thoughts about the movie.

Hehehe... I can just imagine seeing dozens of people, as the credits start, pulling out their phones to be the first to tweet/post about it.

OptimusNerd
9th June 2017, 12:04 PM

Chadstone
20th June

Dolby ATMOS
RC Recliner Chair
SPECEVENT Special Event
XTREME Xtreme Screen

Yeah bummer I'm overseas that day otherwise I'd sneak out to the Chaddy Hoyts (it's really, really good now since the remodel if you haven't been). Hope to catch it later that week.

Holdobot
10th June 2017, 09:32 AM
Just booked Gold Class at Loganholme. Looking forward to it, as being a dad to two little ones the only movies I generally get to see are kiddy flicks.

BigTransformerTrev
10th June 2017, 06:43 PM

Chadstone
20th June

Dolby ATMOS
RC Recliner Chair
SPECEVENT Special Event
XTREME Xtreme Screen

Same time at Greensborough with the recliner seating. Just booked a half doz tickets 😁

Not sure why, but it looks like Brisbane has the earliest times for some reason - 6.15pm.

Not that 30 minutes is a huge amount, but it does mean that someone from Brisbane could be the first Australian to post online their thoughts about the movie.

Hehehe... I can just imagine seeing dozens of people, as the credits start, pulling out their phones to be the first to tweet/post about it.

I'll have to race home the 4 hour drive from Melbourne the next day to get a review up on my blog before most others :D

Paulbot
14th June 2017, 08:51 AM
There's 20 June sessions at Village Cinemas (VMax and Gold Glass) available too. Earliest seems to be 6pm in a regular cinema at Airport West. You can even take your Autobot to see it at the Coburg drive-in

griffin
14th June 2017, 10:41 AM
Quite a few places are now having June 20th screenings... Paramount must really be worried about this movie.
(it will have heavy competition after two weeks with the Spiderman movie, which is already being heavily promoted, so it might have some people prefer to wait two weeks and spend their limited movie money for that one)

griffin
14th June 2017, 11:43 AM
Apparently... there is a "review embargo" until Wednesday 21st at 9.01am AEDT.

Now how are they going to enforce that?

And why 9am Wednesday morning?

(and do they really think that the thousands of people who will see it on the 20th are going to be willing to keep quiet until the next morning)

Paulbot
14th June 2017, 12:28 PM
Quite a few places are now having June 20th screenings... Paramount must really be worried about this movie.
(it will have heavy competition after two weeks with the Spiderman movie, which is already being heavily promoted, so it might have some people prefer to wait two weeks and spend their limited movie money for that one)

No. If they were "really worried" Mark Walhberg would be in Sydney doing press (see Tom Cruise visiting Sydney to promote The Mummy)

Apparently... there is a "review embargo" until Wednesday 21st at 9.01am AEDT.

Now how are they going to enforce that?

And why 9am Wednesday morning?

(and do they really think that the thousands of people who will see it on the 20th are going to be willing to keep quiet until the next morning)

That's a press embargo, there won't be any print/online media outlets posting reviews until Wednesday morning - but nothing will stop fans blogging, forum posting, tweeting.

griffin
14th June 2017, 12:52 PM
No. If they were "really worried" Mark Walhberg would be in Sydney doing press (see Tom Cruise visiting Sydney to promote The Mummy)

Yeah... that Universal Studios Mummy just isn't giving off a good movie vibe to me, so I don't think it will be much competition to Transformers. Spiderman on the other hand, is going to cash in on it's ties to Avengers, as the trailers are heavily promoting Ironman (who may not end up having much screen time... but then again, neither did Grimlock in TF4, but it was the primary promotional element for that movie).

That's a press embargo, there won't be any print/online media outlets posting reviews until Wednesday morningNot according to the fineprint of conditions on the invite I got yesterday to attend a Tuesday screening. Then again, maybe it was just a spare "media" ticket being offered to me... but since I already bought tickets almost 2 weeks ago, I can at least say that it wasn't a condition of my ticket. :p

griffin
16th June 2017, 06:35 PM
Event cinemas have now listed some Gold Class sessions for Tuesday... if you want to pay extra for the reclining seats and overpriced food, while having people walking around throughout the movie.

Yeah, it's a nice novelty... and fun if you are happy to spend that much on a special treat of an outing.... and if I was sure that this would be a good movie, I probably would have chosen GC seats (if the others going with me were willing). But too late now.

EDIT - looking at a Gold Class session for Event Cinema, they have a package ticket offer, for two adults at $141.50 ($71 each). :eek:

Admit 2 - Transformers: The Last Knight Package
Includes 2 x Gold Class Tickets Plus:

Start with your choice or mac n cheese balls or cheeseburger dumpling. Then 2 angus with cheese sliders and 2 pulled pork sliders with a serve of seasoned waffle fries. Includes your choice of 2 beverages; either a Corona, Prime cocktail, Glass of house wine or soft drink.

Doesn't look like it comes with anything Transformers related, like a souvenir or merchandise item.

griffin
16th June 2017, 10:38 PM
Updated the first post with the Australian Transformers Movie site, that has a page (http://tickets.transformersmovie.com.au/) to find all the Tuesday June 20th sessions (and regular sessions after that).

lfpnrg
17th June 2017, 10:27 AM
Oh brilliant, thanks griffin, Tuesday session in Toowoomba, fantastic!

griffin
19th June 2017, 06:10 PM
For all the marketing and hype about this being filmed in 3D, and that it needs to be seen in 3D to fully appreciate the movie, there are very few sessions here that are 3D.
At the cinema closest to me, they have 20 sessions each day in the first week, and only 2 of them are 3D.
That's so weird.
Gives me more reason to see it on IMAX later I guess, as all IMAX sessions should be in 3D.

Paulbot
19th June 2017, 06:25 PM
For all the marketing and hype about this being filmed in 3D, and that it needs to be seen in 3D to fully appreciate the movie, there are very few sessions here that are 3D.
At the cinema closest to me, they have 20 sessions each day in the first week, and only 2 of them are 3D.
That's so weird.
Gives me more reason to see it on IMAX later I guess, as all IMAX sessions should be in 3D.

Australia is bored with 3D. The marketing "3D" hype is an American thing, and 3D is still big in America (I guess?).

If you follow Australian cinema (as I do) you'd notice 3D sessions are fewer and fewer. Mostly only kids/animated films get a run now with the gimmick, and most recent big films that have 3D versions (like Wonder Woman, King Arthur, Guardians 2, Pirates 5) only have limited screenings, if you can find any at all for those films after a week or two of release.

griffin
19th June 2017, 07:34 PM
That is surprising (to me)... and I guess it shows how much I've been out of movies since the ticket prices went through the roof when the big multiplexes took over. I think I've seen one movie per year in cinemas in the last 6 or 7 years... and since I prefer 2D, I never looked for 3D movies to notice their drop in session numbers.