PDA

View Full Version : ohmyprimus feedback

Pages : 1 [2]

VERT
22nd February 2021, 11:03 PM
Did you messenger them? they always answer

Yeah that too. Still no answer. Last time I ever use them.

yoshi594
23rd February 2021, 03:54 AM
Yeah that too. Still no answer. Last time I ever use them.

i'm waiting patiently for my reply. i've messaged him on fb, used their website contact page, and emailed both dewtoystore and through their ohmyprimus email. Hopefully they don't ghost me like nippon-yasan.

drifand
25th February 2021, 04:18 PM
Omp shipping price increase is not parallel to the dhl price increase. 4% or so dhl increase doesn?t mean a shipping increase of $20-30 extra.

If thats a deal breaker dont use them, vote with your wallet, quite simple really. I am not sure why some people are comparing "other" Singapore stores that didn't raise the shipping prices but NOT order from them? Is kind of silly. They broke your package raise a ticket with them and see what they can do.

yoshi594
25th February 2021, 07:32 PM
If thats a deal breaker dont use them, vote with your wallet, quite simple really. I am not sure why some people are comparing "other" Singapore stores that didn't raise the shipping prices but NOT order from them? Is kind of silly. They broke your package raise a ticket with them and see what they can do.

Are you presuming I ordered my arcee after they hiked their prices? I ordered before the price hike and there was no way out. The other sg stores charge in USD so their items are relatively more expensive.

?Raise a ticket? yeah I guess me contacting them from all avenues doesn?t count as raising a ticket eh?

Back on topic, OMP Replied and are gonna speak with the packaging team before getting back to me. They don?t work wednesdays apparently

drifand
25th February 2021, 09:19 PM
Nah, was more to the other poster who made a remark about another retailer in Singapore.

I figure either the other retailer didn't have the item hence the whine about it, otherwise it was what it is. If shipping price was a deal breaker you look elsewhere.

Tranceblade
25th February 2021, 09:24 PM

Being locked in on pre-orders made before the shipping increase, makes that difficult. The AUD has recovered anywhere up to 20 cents against the SGD during that time, so I'm hesitant in requesting refunds.

yoshi594
26th February 2021, 10:41 PM
Omp offered $40 compensation lol. I rejected. 6 boxes out of 7 damaged and 3 FUBAR?d and the others have rips in the boxes lol.

Apparently the warehouse knowingly shipped them damaged. According to their protocol they usually ask if it?s ok to accept damaged boxes...I defo would have declined!

graza78
27th February 2021, 03:14 AM
Being locked in on pre-orders made before the shipping increase, makes that difficult. The AUD has recovered anywhere up to 20 cents against the SGD during that time, so I'm hesitant in requesting refunds.

OMP charge for shipping the moment you preorder though don't they? I haven't been charge extra for shipping on my preorders, just the balance of the preorder.

Sinnertwin
27th February 2021, 09:02 AM
OMP charge for shipping the moment you preorder though don't they? I haven't been charge extra for shipping on my preorders, just the balance of the preorder.

In my experience, yes. I pay a deposit and the shipping costs when orders are placed.

nalops
27th February 2021, 09:07 AM
They have asked for more to cover the increased shipping on a few of my orders now. Had to pay 14sgd more for my ER Wave 3 Deluxes once they were in stock.

SMHFConvoy
27th February 2021, 10:00 AM
They have asked for more to cover the increased shipping on a few of my orders now. Had to pay 14sgd more for my ER Wave 3 Deluxes once they were in stock.

That's dodgy, you've already paid, that sale should be final.

Tranceblade
27th February 2021, 10:45 AM

Yep I thought so too, but no.

SharkyMcShark
27th February 2021, 09:51 PM
I got asked to kick in 12sgd more after having paid already for one order with them this week, but not another. Shipped seperate. Odd.

graza78
28th February 2021, 12:12 PM
I got asked to kick in 12sgd more after having paid already for one order with them this week, but not another. Shipped seperate. Odd.

Could it depend on weight? Was the item you didn't have to pay extra shipping a large heavy item (of which you may have already paid more shipping when you pre-ordered?

DELTAprime
28th February 2021, 12:23 PM
How long ago did you guys order? DHL has increased their rates in recent months.

nalops
28th February 2021, 12:39 PM
I ordered and paid deposit on ER Wave 3 Deluxes in October and got payment request end of January.

SharkyMcShark
28th February 2021, 02:03 PM
Could it depend on weight? Was the item you didn't have to pay extra shipping a large heavy item (of which you may have already paid more shipping when you pre-ordered?

The one I was asked to pay more for was BFB Kavalinka.

The one I wasn't asked to contribute extra for was IF Ultra Magnus (the new chunky boi one).

Not sure how big the box on either is, or how heavy.

graza78
28th February 2021, 07:44 PM
The one I was asked to pay more for was BFB Kavalinka.

The one I wasn't asked to contribute extra for was IF Ultra Magnus (the new chunky boi one).

Not sure how big the box on either is, or how heavy.

Its a mystery. Maybe its just up to the packer's discretion whether they can be bothered to charge more...

yoshi594
4th March 2021, 03:06 PM
lol they said the max they can give me is 5% of the items which equates to $55 sgd. very poor form. I?m done with them. Sending damaged stock and offering little in refunds. Not risking ordering from them again. Cancelling my remaining orders and blacklisting ohmyprimus. Not worth the risk.

Tranceblade
4th March 2021, 05:40 PM
PayPal claim then?

yoshi594
4th March 2021, 06:48 PM
PayPal claim then?

yea. been saving the necessary documents/pics to tackle it that way.

VERT
5th March 2021, 11:38 PM
I'm still trying to get a response from them. Been over a month now.

drifand
10th March 2021, 09:09 AM
Got my mp-arcee from them no issues.

Tranceblade
11th March 2021, 12:22 PM
I was going to run through my waiting orders to check some dates and see if anything is now going to go through PayPal claims, but the site conveniently seems to be down at the moment.

Hopefully the site hasn't gone kaput again and needs to be rebuilt.

1AZRAEL1
11th March 2021, 05:29 PM
Still working now

ZoonMaster5000
21st March 2021, 05:01 PM
Question, I pre ordered the dairugger vehicle force Voltron was due this month but I noticed that it?s been pushed to April and the price went from $470sgd to $550sgd will they honour my pre order price or try and charge me the latter?
Thanks in advance for any info

SharkyMcShark
23rd March 2021, 04:26 PM
Received IF Ultra Magnus and BFB Kalavinka yesterday. Can't say I had any issues with the transaction at all. Everything shipped within a few days of full payment and it was all in good nick when it reached me.

Tranceblade
24th March 2021, 11:08 PM
Still not responding to questions about existing orders, but I can get a reply to an address change email.

Frustrating.

AJ_Prime
25th March 2021, 01:43 AM
For the first time in years of buying from OMP I've had an issue getting items shipped to a parcel locker. It looks like DHL international have recently? outsourced to Aramex (used to be called Fastaway Couriers). Aramex aren't affiliated with Australia Post, so they apparently can't deliver to a parcel locker. DHL must've previously used Australia Post. Anyway, not OMP's fault, I doubt they're aware of what happens with DHL Australia's choice of contractor. It's just disappointing to have items held up in transit on the other side of the country with no contact.

Oh btw, Googling reviews of Fastaway aren't pretty... DHL advised they have received a lot of complaints about Aramex as well, so hopefully they'll see the light and choose another provider.

nalops
25th March 2021, 02:10 AM
Oh, so that's why Amazon stuff from the US has been shipping via Landmark or AusPost whenever I choose my Parcel Locker. I wonder if OMP would be willing to use another postal service....

Krayt
25th March 2021, 09:21 AM
Oh, so that's why Amazon stuff from the US has been shipping via Landmark or AusPost whenever I choose my Parcel Locker. I wonder if OMP would be willing to use another postal service....

Apparantly they are sending big stuff by NZ Post due to the DHL price DOUBLING!! So the $10 extra for Volcanicus was to cover the increase in change to NZP, not to cover the DHL increase

Omega Metro
25th March 2021, 10:15 AM
Apparantly they are sending big stuff by NZ Post due to the DHL price DOUBLING!! So the $10 extra for Volcanicus was to cover the increase in change to NZP, not to cover the DHL increase

That will explain why my parcel is sitting in New Zealand for 3 weeks.:p

Edit...my parcel shouldn’t be that big though as it only has 2 Marvel Legends in it

Tranceblade
25th March 2021, 11:35 AM

Well that certainly explains the "NZ Post 2kg - Australia" on my PayPal invoice

Omega Metro
29th March 2021, 01:36 PM
Any ideas how long parcels take to get delivered lately? My NZ tracking has not moved since 10th March

Tranceblade
31st March 2021, 03:55 PM
Any ideas how long parcels take to get delivered lately? My NZ tracking has not moved since 10th March

At least yours has been posted

Omega Metro
31st March 2021, 04:18 PM
At least yours has been posted

I’m starting doubt wether it actually has been posted.

nalops
31st March 2021, 04:25 PM
My Volcanicus says it's in Christchurch atm.

SharkyMcShark
7th April 2021, 04:34 PM
My Kalavinka and IF City Commander both sent by DHL sat in Sydney for about 15 days before being sent on to Perth.

VERT
7th April 2021, 10:57 PM
I'm still waiting on a reply about my selects G2 Sandstorm.

1AZRAEL1
10th May 2021, 01:09 PM
Got Dr Wu Chatter. No issues for me still

ZoonMaster5000
12th May 2021, 02:01 AM
So my SOG vehicle Voltron was shipped and it came straight from Singapore to Sydney then next day to my home town so maybe dhl are just sending stuff wherever is the cheapest route at the time?

Tranceblade
12th May 2021, 12:30 PM
The NZ Post option isn't as bad as it seems.
According to the tracking, items get loaded at Changi Airport SG and go direct to Sydney via Malaysia

drifand
21st May 2021, 08:09 AM
So my SOG vehicle Voltron was shipped and it came straight from Singapore to Sydney then next day to my home town so maybe dhl are just sending stuff wherever is the cheapest route at the time?

No, its always been like this even stuff from Japan goes by this route. DHL for me goes from Singapore to sydney, then to Perth.< when reached Sydney Australia post actually takes over.

Lint
21st May 2021, 05:58 PM
Received Volcanicus and Abominus after a bit of back and forth professional communication regarding shipping. No issues at all.

danny-boy
7th July 2021, 10:19 AM
The NZ Post option isn't as bad as it seems.

It?s as bad as I thought and worse. My package has been sitting in NZ for a week with no movement.

djanscak
11th July 2021, 11:33 PM
It?s as bad as I thought and worse. My package has been sitting in NZ for a week with no movement.

Australia Post tracking says my package is in NZ but the NZ Post site?s tracking says my package is in Malaysia. Who really knows?

1AZRAEL1
12th July 2021, 12:06 AM
I've had discrepancies between different tracking sites before and still do. Who knows exactly. It'll show up sooner or later

danny-boy
12th July 2021, 12:00 PM
Australia Post tracking says my package is in NZ but the NZ Post site?s tracking says my package is in Malaysia. Who really knows?

I?m the same. NZ tracking says it?s in Malaysia, Aussie post says it?s in NZ. Although both updated today saying it landed in Sydney.

edit: delivered. 14 days total. Definitely not as bad as I thought.

BigTransformerTrev
17th July 2021, 02:54 PM
Ordered the Ramjet-Dirge 2-pack last September.

Contacted in January and got a reply of 'you will be contacted when this item arrives'

Contacted in May and never got a response.

Contacted early July asking for either the product or a refund. Got a response two weeks later saying I would get a refund which I did receive. No explanation as to why I didn't receive my item or apology for not getting it.

Will not be using this company again.

Wormz
18th July 2021, 06:42 PM
MP Starscream arrived and for the first time in my collection I have encountered a QC issue straight out the box.. Shot the guys an email a few days back but no response as of yet.. Any suggestions on where to go from here ?? Obviously I understand that the guys at OMP aren't at fault but a response outlining my options (if any) wouldn't go astray

1AZRAEL1
18th July 2021, 07:03 PM
Wish there was more advice I could give but hopefully you'll get a response soon. I wouldn't be bombarding them with daily/weekly emails coz that would likely slow them down. Maybe once a month until you get a response, keeping it civil too. I know waiting for a response from a retailer can be frustrating. Not sure of any other way to contact then outside of emails. Maybe shoot a message on FB, not sure how responsive they are on there too

Wormz
18th July 2021, 10:01 PM
Yea Na im pretty easy going.. As stated I completely understand it's not their fault.. I've asked the question now and they haven't failed to respond to me previously so I'm happy to wait.. I was just checking to make sure their wasn't a different avenue I should have taken as this is my first out of box QC issue, so I wasn't sure if it's a contact the seller or not issue haha

Krayt
19th July 2021, 01:49 AM
I’ve been waiting since April for the final payment of abominus :-(

VERT
19th July 2021, 03:50 PM
Well I finally got my email and refund. Only took nearly a year

danny-boy
19th July 2021, 08:02 PM
MP Starscream arrived and for the first time in my collection I have encountered a QC issue straight out the box.. Shot the guys an email a few days back but no response as of yet.. Any suggestions on where to go from here ?? Obviously I understand that the guys at OMP aren't at fault but a response outlining my options (if any) wouldn't go astray

What?s the QC issue straight out of the box?

Wormz
19th July 2021, 09:36 PM
Cracks in the the Gray plastic housing the right tail fin..

Update : got a reply and they they have tried to make contact with their distributor to see what course of action to take..

Skyfire
19th July 2021, 10:08 PM
Cracks in the the Gray plastic housing the right tail fin..

Yup. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/27291-New-Masterpiece-Starscream-MP52?p=643929#post643929)

yoshi594
23rd July 2021, 07:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sKhEhrV.jpeg

is this why our shipping is so high? double handling? i've no reason why they must send to new zealand then to australia...

nalops
23rd July 2021, 07:31 PM
They're using NZ Post because it's cheaper than DHL for bigger stuff and I guess NZ Post diverts their stuff to NZ first.

Could be wrong but pretty sure they were subsidising their shipping prices to be so low before but DHL and others raised and they could no longer do that.

yoshi594
23rd July 2021, 08:48 PM
They're using NZ Post because it's cheaper than DHL for bigger stuff and I guess NZ Post diverts their stuff to NZ first.

Could be wrong but pretty sure they were subsidising their shipping prices to be so low before but DHL and others raised and they could no longer do that.

Welp I got charged $176 sgd for 2 mp thundercracker and 2 screamer lol. This package was just screamer.

The dhl increase isn?t that much compared to what they?re charging

Skyfire
23rd July 2021, 09:19 PM
Hmm, I don't know about these OMP shipping issues, but I did look at The Falcon's Hangar (also in Singapore) with regards to MP-52 Starscream. Screamer weighs 960 grams according to TFH, and so according to TFH's calculator, they would charge SGD$29 for shipping to Australia via Singapore Post (direct flight to Perth, 6 days, for my recent Kingdom Red Alert). As a side note, TFH MP-52 was the same price as OMP ($280) until OMP jacked up their last few copies to $300.

Tranceblade
23rd July 2021, 09:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sKhEhrV.jpeg

is this why our shipping is so high? double handling? i've no reason why they must send to new zealand then to australia...

NZ Post are offering a service direct from Singapore. They load up at Changi airport in SG and ship to Australia via Malaysia.

I agree that it's not ideal though, especially when TFH can ship directly through SG Post.

Of particular note is that OMP apparently offer a low price guarantee for stores in SG. It's not usually advertised on OMP's page but is often on the main Dew Toy Store page, so maybe someone should try that.

griffin
24th July 2021, 07:15 PM
I think what people are wondering, is why have OMP set up an actual NZ address, and is that double handling (picked up by someone in NZ, re-labled, and re-posted to Australia) the reason for costing more than just posting directly from Singapore to Australia.

Because it isn't just the shipping company going via NZ between flights, like a parcel that comes in through Sydney for a different Australian capital city just because that is the city with the cheapest flight from overseas... this is situation that has the parcels leaving the postal system to be delivered to a NZ address, to then be re-posted from a NZ address to Australia, which includes time and labour that has to add to the price of "total shipping" from Singapore.

Tranceblade
24th July 2021, 09:11 PM
I can't say anything about that sender (and presumably return) address other than it is the address for Auckland airport itself. Probably a catch-all for them.

Parcels wouldn't go anywhere near NZ otherwise, however.

Referring to the tracking on my last order,

Jun 10 19:27 - CHG ETOE NZA, outbound scan
Jun 13 00:52 - Malaysia, scan
Jun 15 01:12 - Malaysia, scan
Jun 17 06:28 - Sydney, inbound scan

CHG ETOE NZA being the following
https://letter.upu.org/Published%2520Documents/Letter_Compendium_NZ_NZA_EN.pdf
"SG operations" branch of NZ Post, situated at Changi Airport SG

I believe that people are indeed paying for an inferior service, but yes, the question is why this service and are the staff at OMP actually being honest to the particulars as of why. The whole "DHL rates" story seems like a crock to me.

Fungal Infection
25th July 2021, 10:53 AM
I have to question their shipping rates as well. I had a deposit for an Earthrise Sandstorm and when that wasn't shipped, I was told that it was out of stock and would be given a refund. Then when I shipped my last order, they said that DHL shipping price had increased and would I like to use that refund (which they had yet to process) to cover shipping. When I received my item, it was not sent via DHL, but through NZ post (it had the same NZ details shown above). Have not used them since which is a shame as they were my go-to for online orders at one point.

Tranceblade
28th July 2021, 09:31 PM
Of particular note is that OMP apparently offer a low price guarantee for stores in SG. It's not usually advertised on OMP's page but is often on the main Dew Toy Store page, so maybe someone should try that.

Funny that this past week, the Singapore store low price guarantee started to show on Transformers listings on OMP. Vote with your wallet, folks.

OhMyPrimus
29th July 2021, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone,

Dennis here, have missed out on alot of messages here so just to clarify some points (some of which are repeated from my last post).

1) Late replies
Ed, who have since left our company in April, was previously tasked with replying to the emails, but think he was never really able to catch up with it (I have to take the blame as well as he was overloaded).
I had a heart operation back in May and prior to that, was still very reliant on Ed to run the show.
We have two new staff who together with me, have since taken over the task so I would say replies should be more prompt since April.

2) Non fulfilment of orders (Hasbro / FT)
Our Chinese supplier got into some issues with Hasbro (details not clear to me), resulting in some previous orders not being fulfilled.
As for FT, we have had zero clarity on the number of stocks nor the price since last year but think except for Astrotrain, most orders would have been fulfilled.
Again, we were always told to wait for updates with some stocks arriving in trickles.

3) Shipping cost
All increases in rates are based on the increases from our courier partners including DHL Ecommerce.
Do also note there are different size restrictions across the couriers, also volumetric weight differs from actual weight and usually results in higher cost for big but light items.
https://ibb.co/zHn57rT

As to why packages go a certain route, it's wholly determined by the logistics company and does not impact the cost charged to us.
Our new partner, NZ post have been quite reliable based on what we can see so far, so if there's any issues, do let us know.

4) Not posting new items on Otca
Nothing against our customers here but simply, we wanted to focus attention on our existing platforms.
Also, we don't always get email notifications when we receive messages here so do reach out to us on our email instead.

5) Low price guarantee
We have been having low price guarantee since we started (not sure if anyone noticed but there are times when the balance request was less than the pre-order amount or along the way, we will announce price reductions).
However, as we increase our product range, we could no longer offer that across all brands, hence, we have started to reinforce the low price guarantee for some postings (also as a selling point for new customers).

Finally, I apologise and am sorry for the drop in standards over the last year or so.
And yes, as customers, you should put your money with retailers whom you trust and have done well for you.

I do know abit of the history here with prior retailers so I do understand your concern. However, as much as possible, I do hope you can clarify any doubts with me.

For those who have been supporting us in one way or another, thank you so much.
Hope you all can see the improvements over the past few months with our new team and that we can repay your faith in us.

Regards,
Dennis

Nevac
23rd February 2022, 05:42 AM
I ordered a MP52+SW Skywarp from Ohmyprimus last year which was delivered a few weeks ago. Unfortunately upon opening the box (Was taped) it was missing one of his null rays. I immediately emailed Ohmyprimus about the situation and was told they would contact their distributor for a spare. After a week from their reply I sent a follow up email asking for an update which they responded by saying they had not heard from their distributor. I waited another week and emailed again this time my email was ignored, I emailed a 2nd time a week later and have yet to receive a response from either.

I'm not sure what to do about the situation while I understand they are not completely at fault since this was a sealed box but it is still incomplete. I will be talking with paypal to find out what my options are if it is still going to be radio silence on my issue.

griffin
23rd February 2022, 09:37 PM
Unfortunately that's the risk of buying from overseas, as most other countries are not required to provide buyer protection like in Australia (if a retail item is faulty or damaged, the seller has to provide a refund or replacement if they have any available).
Sometimes you can get lucky and a foreign seller has replacements or they have a supplier that wants to keep them as a customer (or wants to keep you as a customer and offers a refund if you return the item), but just be careful if you force a refund through your payment medium (paypal or credit card), as that foreign online store may not want to risk selling you anything in the future, as they are now out of pocket for a toy and the money.

If it was an online store that you do want to keep buying from in the future, see if they would be willing to offer a small partial refund so you can buy the missing item off ebay, as people often break up toys to sell in parts to make more money (from collectors who lose or break parts or accessories, and then don't have to buy a whole new toy).

Skyfire
24th February 2022, 12:30 PM
I ordered a MP52+SW Skywarp from Ohmyprimus last year which was delivered a few weeks ago. Unfortunately upon opening the box (Was taped) it was missing one of his null rays. I immediately emailed Ohmyprimus about the situation and was told they would contact their distributor for a spare. After a week from their reply I sent a follow up email asking for an update which they responded by saying they had not heard from their distributor. I waited another week and emailed again this time my email was ignored, I emailed a 2nd time a week later and have yet to receive a response from either.

I'm not sure what to do about the situation while I understand they are not completely at fault since this was a sealed box but it is still incomplete. I will be talking with paypal to find out what my options are if it is still going to be radio silence on my issue.

That sucks. Unfortunately even Skywarp had some QC issues despite being third in the series. Some people had out-of-the-box breaks, missing/duplicate faces and cosmetic blemishes. At least I hope you didn't have any tail fin cracks (mine did - 3 for 3 dammit) and that the joints were tighter than the other two.

This guy on TFW2005 (https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/masterpiece-skywarp-ver-2-0.1208564/page-110#post-20016732) also had a missing gun. I wish you luck. Since it's a stand-alone piece, you might get lucky and suppliers have spares or returns they can cannibalise.

OMP is probably waiting on their supplier. Small retailers are in a bind too. Ultimately it's TT's fault - obvious errors shouldn't happen with such an expensive figure. It lets down the whole MP collecting experience.

DELTAprime
25th February 2022, 01:37 AM
That sucks. Unfortunately even Skywarp had some QC issues despite being third in the series. Some people had out-of-the-box breaks, missing/duplicate faces and cosmetic blemishes. At least I hope you didn't have any tail fin cracks (mine did - 3 for 3 dammit) and that the joints were tighter than the other two.

This guy on TFW2005 (https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/masterpiece-skywarp-ver-2-0.1208564/page-110#post-20016732) also had a missing gun. I wish you luck. Since it's a stand-alone piece, you might get lucky and suppliers have spares or returns they can cannibalise.

OMP is probably waiting on their supplier. Small retailers are in a bind too. Ultimately it's TT's fault - obvious errors shouldn't happen with such an expensive figure. It lets down the whole MP collecting experience.

I can't believe the MP series continues to have major QC issues while the prices keep skyrocketing. It feels like it won't be long until there is an MP more expensive than Unicron and it will be more fragile than a GPS figure.

Nevac
25th February 2022, 07:54 AM
Opened a dispute with paypal and have heard from Ohmyprimus that they will be getting a spare one in March, so fingers crossed it arrives, they also offered a partial/full refund as well. I hope there isn't any bad QC issues I've been reluctant to mess around with the figure in case I have to send it back. As far as I can tell it looks fine aside from the missing gun.

I only opened the dispute with paypal since they ignored 2 of my emails for a fortnight asking about an update. Normally Ohmyprimus communicates in a timely manner and they were very accommodating when I had address issues from moving house, when I failed to update my address in their system correctly.

I always prefer to resolve problems with the retailer directly but I like to know if something is happening and not be ignored as there are limitations on opening disputes.

*Edit* Now been resolved with item returned and full refund of both the deposit and remainder.