PDA

View Full Version : ToysRUs 'Our biggest toy sale of the year!' catalogue. 21 June - 11 July

Megatran
16th June 2017, 05:20 PM
Link to catalogue HERE (https://www.toysrus.com.au/vip-catalogue/?utm_source=eDM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=[Wk20_ROTO_1606]#page=catalogue&params=our-biggest-toy-sale-of-the-year-%2F14974941740644&pageNo=4) (page 4).

+ GEN-TR Leader Figure. $80 (save $10)
+ GEN-TR Voyager Figure. $40 (save$10)
+ GEN-TR Deluxe Figure. $25 (save $5)
+ GEN-TR Legends Figure. $17 (save $3)
-
+ RID Power Surge Optimus Prime & Aerobolt Figure. $40 (half price)
+ RID Hyperchange Heroes Figure. $35 (save $5)
+ RID Activator Combiners Figure. $30 (save $5)
+ RID Warrior Figure. $25 (save $5)
-
+ TF5 Movie Tiny Turbo Changers Blind Bag. 2 for $8 (single price $5)
+ TF5 Movie 1-Step Turbo Changer Figure. $17 (save $4)
+ TF5 Movie 30cm Titan Changers Figure. $20 (save $5)
+ TF5 Movie Figure 2-Pack $69.96 (save $10)
+ TF5 Movie Legion 2-Pack Figure. $24.94 (VIP only - save $5)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/061602.jpg

WIN a Private VIP Screening of TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT for you and 34 friends! Simply tell us in 25 words or less “Who is your favourite Transformer and why?” Enter online at www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-privatescreening-comp (http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-privatescreening-comp)
(competition opens Monday June 19th)

griffin
16th June 2017, 05:32 PM
Phew, when I saw the title I feared that some of the sale prices might be better than the 20% off prices from the coupon yesterday... but fortunately for me, none of the items I bought yesterday are cheaper in this sale.

A nice range there though, so it would have been a welcomed sale (finally) if I still wanted something from there at the moment.

DarkHyren
16th June 2017, 05:33 PM
~looks at catalog~ wait since when did TRU have TR Soundwave? I havent seen one at TRU yet and I've been checking every month or so since his release.
On the plus side some of those prices are now the same as every other store has them for (or a little less) so it might be worth going and having a look.
Thanks for the heads up

BruiseLee
16th June 2017, 05:39 PM
Hmm Powersurge Optimus at $40. Think i've found a present for the Autobub.

griffin
16th June 2017, 06:04 PM
Toy tester Zeke needs to be beaten with a rusty Gobot for recommending that trainwreck of a toy, that isn't even worth $10.

Hmm Powersurge Optimus at $40. Think i've found a present for the Autobub.

Hmmm... maybe someone REALLY young will appreciate it then. :p

BruiseLee
16th June 2017, 06:21 PM
^ he's six. Is it that bad??

griffin
16th June 2017, 07:33 PM
If you are okay with $40 (which isn't much these days for the bigger TFs toys), it should be fine.
It's very simple to transform, and is a nice big toy for a young kid to "have an Optimus toy" to play with.
Robot mode is it's better mode, which is probably a good thing, but just be aware that the plug-in blue wings come off very easily.
Your kid should like it... at least you won't be paying $80 for it, and at least it isn't for you, as it isn't much of an "older collector" toy.

Megatran
16th June 2017, 10:38 PM
Toy tester Zeke needs to be beaten with a rusty Gobot for recommending that trainwreck of a toy, that isn't even worth $10.
Bit harsh don't you think? I empathise with the rusty Gobot.

BruiseLee
16th June 2017, 11:16 PM
Ok, just looked up a vid review of it and yeah it's got a neat minicon gimmick for kids but the alt mode is a steaming mess. Will have to see what else $40 gets these days. I'm not ready to knock Zeke around with that rusty gobot but I'm partial to chucking a few fidget spinners at him.

Megatran
17th June 2017, 09:07 PM
TF5 Movie Legion 2-Pack Figure. $24.94 (VIP only - save $5)
Perks of being a VIP customer. :rolleyes:

JuzMel
20th June 2017, 01:20 PM
The sale prices have kicked in as of 12pm today. Just put a whole lot of RID figures on lay-by. My son and I have started to watch the series and we love it. :)

Got him combiner force bumblebee and told him the rest of the figures will come at Christmas. :o

BruiseLee
20th June 2017, 01:30 PM
Got him combiner force bumblebee and told him the rest of the figures will come at Christmas. :o

Might have some play wear on them by then if mum gets to them before! :D

Sinnertwin
20th June 2017, 07:18 PM
Perks of being a VIP customer. :rolleyes:

Hey, at least you get something at TRU :p
I only got this email today, might go for a stroll during lunch and see if I'm still keen on the legends 2 pack.

Gold. Pure gold. :D

DarkHyren
20th June 2017, 08:17 PM
I havent seen these in store yet but I noticed two new items on the AU TRU website, so I thought I'd mention them so that others know they are out there.
The first one is Transformers: The Last Knight Autobot Sqweeks RC (https://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-the-last-knight-autobot-sqweeks-rc_1181150/) for $120.
Second up is Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm (https://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-the-last-knight-mega-1-step-turbo-changer-dragonstorm_1181150/) also at $120.
Cant say I'm interested in BB8 or Dragonbrick, but hey sharing is caring :p

Megatran
20th June 2017, 10:09 PM
Hey, at least you get something at TRU :p
Boom-tish!

JuzMel
21st June 2017, 11:02 AM
Might have some play wear on them by then if mum gets to them before! :D

Haha what you talking about? :p He wouldn't even me anywhere near his Bumblebee. Wants to keep it in car mode. :)

On the other hand we couldn't find the hyperchange heros, he so wants a big Grimlock and Optimus Prime, might have to try other branches over the weekend.

UltraMarginal
21st June 2017, 12:15 PM
The sale prices have kicked in as of 12pm today. Just put a whole lot of RID figures on lay-by. My son and I have started to watch the series and we love it. :)

Hey JuzMel, you might want to check out Big w for RID warriors, they have had them for $20 for the last few weeks, it doesn't seem to be a huge selection but a better price overall. our Toymate stores here have also had them at that price so perhaps toyworld or similar might have them at that price as well.

JuzMel
21st June 2017, 03:48 PM
Hey JuzMel, you might want to check out Big w for RID warriors, they have had them for $20 for the last few weeks, it doesn't seem to be a huge selection but a better price overall. our Toymate stores here have also had them at that price so perhaps toyworld or similar might have them at that price as well.
Awesome thanks UltraMarginal! Will certainly check that out. I didn't really pay attention to RID figures until we started watching the cartoon. Don't have Toymate stores here but will have to check out Toy World. :)

griffin
22nd June 2017, 02:03 AM
WIN a Private VIP Screening of TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT for you and 34 friends! Simply tell us in 25 words or less “Who is your favourite Transformer and why?” Enter online at www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-privatescreening-comp (http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-privatescreening-comp)
(competition opens Monday June 19th)

Just a reminder that this competition has started, and entries close July 11th.... for VIP members only.
Multiple entries area allowed, provided they are a different answer each time (the winner will be chosen based on creativity, not by random).

The one prize contains the following, valued at about $5,000...

1 x VIP Private screening of Transformers: The Last Knight for the prize winner and 34 friends. (Screening to be booked in the winners nearest capital city and cannot be booked on a Tuesday, Friday or Saturday. Travel expenses, food, beverages and parking are not included in the prize. Screening dates, times and location are subject to availability and at the discretion of Paramount Pictures. If prize winner’s nearest capital city is Sydney, the screening will take place at the Paramount Pictures Theatrette).
35 x Transformers: The Last Knight Merchandise Packs

If the movie ticket is worth about $20, the merchandise pack would be worth about $125... but no details on what is in it. (probably just some regular release toys)

Terms & Conditions here (https://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-privatescreening-comp-terms/).

JuzMel
22nd June 2017, 03:56 PM

Really annoyed, so I put the RID Warriors on lay-by at TRU for $25 each and I found them today at Big W for $20 each. I called up TRU to ask if they can price-match and adjust the lay-by amount, they said they can't. I had two options:

1) Either cancel the lay-by and lose a $10 cancellation fee and start a new one with the newly adjusted price-match or
2) Complete the lay-by now and then they will refund the difference.

I don't really want to complete the lay-by now because it's supposed to give me time to pay them off. Grrr. :mad:

BigTransformerTrev
22nd June 2017, 04:46 PM
I went to TRau the day before the sale as it was the only time I was in a capital city.

If I'd been another day after I could have saved $10 on my two RID figures

FatalityPitt
22nd June 2017, 04:51 PM
Hmmm.. I don't suppose the stores will begin stocking TR Cosmos and Seaspray before the 11th?

Sinnertwin
11th July 2017, 09:42 PM
Didn't want to start a thread for 1 item that I could see
On sale from 12/07-25/07

http://i.imgur.com/FuzymXS.png

UltraMarginal
12th July 2017, 11:23 AM
Really annoyed, so I put the RID Warriors on lay-by at TRU for $25 each and I found them today at Big W for $20 each. I called up TRU to ask if they can price-match and adjust the lay-by amount, they said they can't. I had two options:

1) Either cancel the lay-by and lose a $10 cancellation fee and start a new one with the newly adjusted price-match or
2) Complete the lay-by now and then they will refund the difference.

I don't really want to complete the lay-by now because it's supposed to give me time to pay them off. Grrr. :mad:

I think the big W price might be continuing past the sale, it's not advertised I don't think. it's just their new shelf price, even for the latest waves. you might be able to wait if your willing to risk it.

DarkHyren
12th July 2017, 11:36 AM
I think the big W price might be continuing past the sale, it's not advertised I don't think. it's just their new shelf price, even for the latest waves. you might be able to wait if your willing to risk it.Correct, the $20 price on RiD Warriors at BigW is a permanent price drop not a sale price, was in place well before their toy sale, and will persist after the toy sale ends

CaminusPrime
12th July 2017, 02:12 PM
Big w's price on warriors at $20 is its standard price. Considering the longest time period is 6 months warriors should still be around allowing you to price match them once you are able to pull your lay buy

Edit: just realised this had been responded to on the page after (whoops)

reillyd
12th July 2017, 03:55 PM
Squeaks looks cute, but I would watch a YouTube review before buying. The only word he seems to be able to speak is chihuahua which might get pretty annoying after awhile.

JuzMel
12th July 2017, 05:13 PM
I think the big W price might be continuing past the sale, it's not advertised I don't think. it's just their new shelf price, even for the latest waves. you might be able to wait if your willing to risk it.

Correct, the $20 price on RiD Warriors at BigW is a permanent price drop not a sale price, was in place well before their toy sale, and will persist after the toy sale ends

Big w's price on warriors at $20 is its standard price. Considering the longest time period is 6 months warriors should still be around allowing you to price match them once you are able to pull your lay buy

Edit: just realised this had been responded to on the page after (whoops)

Thanks guys! No worries I had a win-win situation! So just a couple of days after I complained I went to TRU Knox where my lay-by was and the girl was nice enough to suggest to me how to fix things. I basically paid off for my full lay-by and then she did a refund and put the whole same lot on lay-by again for the discounted price of $20 each. So I landed up saving about $30-40 bucks including the set-up fee which was free during the toy sale period.

Also managed to get them to price match the new TLK Voyagers Hound and Megatron for Big W's $35 sale price before the sale ends today. :)

UltraMarginal
12th July 2017, 05:16 PM
Good to hear! And now after that quality customer service, we'll all likely go back to TRU for more product in the future, with less hesitation than we would have otherwise.

liegeprime
12th July 2017, 05:48 PM
That was good of that TRU personnel. Glad it turned out well Mel

CaminusPrime
13th July 2017, 07:13 PM
Ive posted in the sightings thread already but the new movie combiner infernocus has been released at toys r us along with leader figures. Had arrived at toys r us erina today not sure on prices. Infernocus doesn't look bad actually, comes with a small clear blue quintessa, would be good depending on price. Holy shit leader megatron though is amazing