PDA

View Full Version : Video Game sightings

Paulbot
18th October 2008, 05:24 PM
Dick Smith Electronics stores have a big clearance sale on at the moment with some very cheap games across all platforms. If you've not picked up the Movie Transformers game this might be a good chance but stocks seem to be very limited.

DS Autobots game $12.50
DS Decepticon game $12.50

PC DVD version $7.50

PSP version $12.50
PS2 version $30 (only format not on sale)
PS3 version $30

Wii version $20

Xbox 360 version $20

Edit: Check http://www.dse.com.au for current stock availability so you don't waste a trip.

Stompy
18th October 2008, 10:41 PM
Be careful though. I'm not sure how often their website is updated but when I compiled a list of games I wanted from a particular store that the website said is available, I went there and NONE of them were there. Even after I asked, they said all sold out. This is only an hour after i looked at the website.

Although they did have TF game on 360 and DS. I passed on both. Not exactly garnering great reviews and would rather spend the money on another figure. Although, thinking about it now. I should have picked up TF on 360 for $20.

Paulbot
18th October 2008, 10:56 PM
It does say it's updated overnight so it's probably best to call ahead. But at least you can see before you go if there is a chance the store will have it.

Saintly
20th October 2008, 12:23 PM
PB, those links particularly the PSP, PS3 & DS are no longer valid... I think if I checked all of them, it would be the same..

They all just reference back to the homepage of DSE

Paulbot
27th November 2008, 08:16 PM
Transformers Animated for Nintendo DS is out in Australia

EB Games have it for $39.91 ($10 off the regular price)

Big W also have it in this week's catalogue for $39.84

Golden Phoenix
27th November 2008, 08:40 PM
Transformers Animated for Nintendo DS is out in Australia

EB Games have it for $39.91 ($10 off the regular price)

Big W also have it in this week's catalogue for $39.84

Funny thing is is that Big W has imported it. They have just but an Australian rating sticker on it and it says on the back it is the American verison

Paulbot
27th November 2008, 09:10 PM
Ha! Just checked and the one I got from EB Games is the same, complete with "For sale, rental and use only in USA, Canada, Mexico and Latin America"! :p

Stompy
27th November 2008, 09:24 PM
The game is alright. It's aimed for a younger demographic but the gameplay reminds me of an old game called The Lost Vikings.

i_amtrunks
28th November 2008, 10:17 AM
Its not a long game either, so $40 is fair.

So glad the DS is Multi-region it allows for things like this to happen (Im thinking we have the import version due to a shipping/manufacturing error, so that the game is on shelves in time for the holiday season)

Stompy
28th November 2008, 11:31 AM
This happens a lot. Local distributors will get copies of the game from a bigger market (US or Europe) and just slap on local ratings sticker to cut costs on printing a sleeve with the local ratings on it. Especially for games that aren't destined to sell particularly too well. Let alone a market (ours) that's tiny in comparison with the US or Europe.