PDA

View Full Version : Toybot Importz feedback

Pages : 1 [2] 3

GoktimusPrime
26th February 2019, 07:09 PM
The end result for the consumer feels the same as PC: a failure to deliver products that we have already paid for. And while it's unfortunate that personal crises may happen, as a business it would really help if they just made a few posts or updates here and there to keep people informed.

I've heard from other people who are FB friends with Stuart that they can often see that he's online and notice him reacting to posts... and yet he doesn't bother replying to messages? :confused: And I get that responding to every individual message is too time consuming, but even just posting a single update post on their FB page that would answer most if not all queries would go a long way. Or as UltraMarginal said, just post regular updates.

DarkHyren
26th February 2019, 08:28 PM
I can see why they are starting to get that comparison. I ordered IN STOCK items pretty much a month ago.This is the main reason I stopped buying from them, if they can't send out IN STOCK items that are paid for and ready to be shipped until a month after the fact what faith can we have that they will deliver on pre orders?
I sort of agree with this, if you're going to compare retailers then at least compare them with someone in the same country.People who ordered MP-36+ from RoboToyz (another Australian online retailer) have been receiving theirs without issue, so any delays would seem to be exclusively related to TBI.
Well they’ve got a new estimate - delayed March 2019.

Yeah these guys have Premium Collectables written all over them. I’m expecting March to come and go and the inevitable ‘delayed April 2019’.Time to start taking screenshots of the original ETAs I think, you'll need them if you have to proceed with credit card chargebacks.
Not saying TBI is doing this but PC removed old ETAs from product pages to trick the banks into thinking that the original ETA was later then it was.
Those original ETA screenshots helped a lot of people get back money that otherwise would have never been seen again.
Better safe then sorry after all, even if it's all just a misunderstanding it's best to protect yourself.
I've heard from other people who are FB friends with Stuart that they can often see that he's online and notice him reacting to posts...See and that's the thing isn't it, if he has time to comment on silly facebook threads surely he has time to write a short newsletter once a month explaining what's going on with the store.
If you choose to start running a business, whether it be for plastic toys for man children like ourselves or be it for something else... you're a business. If they don't have enough staff or time to run the business then that's something they either rectify, or deal with being compared to someone like PC.

Like I've said before, delays happen. But if those delays in communication and / or shipping are in part due to not having enough resources to run the business, then there has to come a point where they expand or close down. I'd prefer it to be the former as I think they do have good intentions (see my point on the comparisons with PC and RK), but they losing the risk of losing customers.So much this, I want TBI to be "one of the good ones" but after PC any large delays in communications and shipping are red flags.
I said it so many times in the PC threads but I'll say it again, most of us are fine to wait things out but communications and transparency are key.
If you're having issues such as overselling, not having enough stock secured, transport delays etc say so and offer people a full refund, don't just make excuses and hide.

Trent
26th February 2019, 10:07 PM
Speak for yourself, you assume too much.

I gave a suggestion you went anal about it that isn’t the way.

Yeah Az, what's going on? You went totally anal...

:p

drifand
27th February 2019, 01:56 AM
In case anyone didn’t notice, the only retailer that is actually active here in octa isn’t local. Lol

And I think they pretty much update you whenever they close for a certain period.

1AZRAEL1
27th February 2019, 02:54 AM
For those that don't have Facebook

Just the 2 of us.........
This is TBI, Stuart and Kylie Flynn. Not a company just 2 passionate people who also have a family and full time jobs, no we are not PC we are not sitting in Bora Bora sipping on cocktails not replying to anyone please take a minute to remember that. Oh and words hurt too.
We love our business and our customers. We are trying to put a new form of messaging in place so we can offer better customer service. All the while I’m nursing an injury and have had sick kids left right and centre.
I know I should not read negative threads and comments but it really sucks when you think your doing your best and all people can do is put you down.
We are far from perfect and we have delays because distributors let US down and we have to find alternate means.
We try and update our website as often as possible with eta’s on items if they are delayed.
Again I sincerely apologize for the delays and we appreciate you all.

This post isn’t to bring out all the negative I just feel like I never get a say so this is mine.

-Kylie

DarkHyren
27th February 2019, 11:04 AM
I'm going to post something which I'm sure someone will take the wrong way but here goes. I have reservations about the true nature of that facebook post.
It's easy to say TBI aren't PC, but PC also made posts on social media specifically tailored to get the "loyal" customers up in arms, and this is exactly what this post has done (whether intentional or not).
I see several negative posts about the TBI "haters", aka people that have concerns about their orders or those who have had a less then reliable shopping experience, under that post so it's easy to think that it could have been done to silence the "vocal minority".

I for one don't want to post this "publicly" on facebook nor feel I am welcome to share my negative experiences there as I'll just be labelled a "hater" or "crazy" purely because of the "well I didn't have that experience so you're lying/exaggerating" mindset.
Please take note of this, I am NOT saying TBI did this intentionally (so guys if you're reading this please don't take anything I've said as a personal attack). What I am saying is that I have reservations and that they need to be careful to listen to peoples worries.

Most of what I've said and seen others say about the TBI issues aren't meant to put anyone down it's just concern and constructive criticisms with maybe some frustrated venting.
If those concerns can be addressed and TBI can be more transparent about the issues they might be having I for one have no problem becoming a customer again, I'm all about second chances.

XMan
27th February 2019, 11:12 AM
I sent an email the other day and Scott replied in a few hours. He said that stock is hopefully arriving end of the week, latest Monday and hope to be on track from there.

He also apologised for the delays and thanked me for my business.

I’m gonna leave it there, I won’t send anymore emails, I’m happy with his response.

I know we’ve all be burnt by PC and I’m really trying not to let that effect me with TBI

Galvatran
27th February 2019, 11:40 AM
I sent an email the other day and Scott replied in a few hours.
Not Scott Dwyer? :p

GoktimusPrime
28th February 2019, 02:53 PM
The recent FB post makes TBI look more like an amateurish side "hobby" business rather than a more proper/professional business. :( I suppose there's nothing inherently wrong with running a side business, but as a matter of professionalism you've got to run it properly. Scale down the business (or shut it down altogether) if it's something that you cannot cope with. Know your limits. People shouldn't be slaves to their jobs and if balancing their FT work life with family life with TBI life is too much then by all means scale or shut it down.

Family would be their #1 priority as it should be, but then their regular day jobs are their second priority which leaves TBI as being a pretty low priority, which in turns means that TBI customers are very low priority and don't feel valued as customers. I sure don't feel valued. Do it properly or not at all IMHO. There's no shame in acknowledging one's limitations.

Sharky
28th February 2019, 03:48 PM
I've heard from other people who are FB friends with Stuart that they can often see that he's online and notice him reacting to posts... and yet he doesn't bother replying to messages? :confused: And I get that responding to every individual message is too time consuming, but even just posting a single update post on their FB page that would answer most if not all queries would go a long way. Or as UltraMarginal said, just post regular updates.

Sorry, no offence gokky but why are you posting online and not teaching

Raider
28th February 2019, 09:19 PM
The recent FB post makes TBI look more like an amateurish side "hobby" business rather than a more proper/professional business. :( I suppose there's nothing inherently wrong with running a side business, but as a matter of professionalism you've got to run it properly. Scale down the business (or shut it down altogether) if it's something that you cannot cope with. Know your limits. People shouldn't be slaves to their jobs and if balancing their FT work life with family life with TBI life is too much then by all means scale or shut it down.

Family would be their #1 priority as it should be, but then their regular day jobs are their second priority which leaves TBI as being a pretty low priority, which in turns means that TBI customers are very low priority and don't feel valued as customers. I sure don't feel valued. Do it properly or not at all IMHO. There's no shame in acknowledging one's limitations.

Wow... I don't even know where to begin with this... I'll just go with one point - this thread is for feedback on the business for other consumers, not for people (who presumably have no small business experience themselves) to tell others how to run their business in a forum meant for fans...

You might want to take a break from this page Gok. You have given feedback and all I see now is you having a dig consistently at the business. Let others make up their mind and stop flooding the page. That last comment goes for everyone not providing actual feedback too.

Now for my feedback, made an inquiry the other day and was responded to promptly. Perhaps people should check junk mail filters or spam folders and ensure they aren't missing correspondence as I've never had a query go unanswered.

BlackEvora
1st March 2019, 10:42 AM
My feedback:-

I've ordered the JinBao Set C, it's a bit late from the advertised date.

Emailed today to ask what was happening, was replied to within 60 mins.

I think at this stage it's unfair to say they don't care about their customers based on a few examples. I too was burned by PC but so far I'm not concerned about TBI.

It's possible my expectations are pretty low compared to some people though so always keep that in mind when reading peoples feedback.

ChlorHex
5th March 2019, 02:49 PM
My emails were replied to a fortnight later with a refund.

Glad that's sorted now and we move forward.

XMan
21st March 2019, 06:33 AM
I think things are getting back on track with TBI - update to My Account which is nice and my emails have been responded to almost instantly.

PE Beast Gorira on the way!

I hope they keep going this way, I really do. Yes I was mad but as long as they can keep communication up, we'll see how we go :)

FruitBuyer
21st March 2019, 09:08 AM
I think things are getting back on track with TBI - update to My Account which is nice and my emails have been responded to almost instantly.

PE Beast Gorira on the way!

I hope they keep going this way, I really do. Yes I was mad but as long as they can keep communication up, we'll see how we go :)

Congratulations on getting your item, there may be hope yet for what I'm waiting on. I have emailed them twice already about it however received no response, which does leave me concerned.

Ozboticon
25th March 2019, 02:47 PM
Congratulations on getting your item, there may be hope yet for what I'm waiting on. I have emailed them twice already about it however received no response, which does leave me concerned.

Same here :(

I ordered items that were 'in stock' late last year and others that have subsequently released early this year. Have emailed a number of times with no response. I got burned in The Great PC Scandal so admit I am a bit punch-shy. Hoping that I receive any form of communication to let me know where it's up to.

Tober
25th March 2019, 02:52 PM
Has anyone received Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron or MP-29+ Laserwave? :confused:

Tha_Phantom
25th March 2019, 03:17 PM
Has anyone received Masterpiece MP-36+ Megatron or MP-29+ Laserwave? :confused:

I Facebook messaged them about Laserwave on the 18th. Seen, but no response.

The Letter M
26th March 2019, 12:13 PM
Same here :(

I ordered items that were 'in stock' late last year and others that have subsequently released early this year. Have emailed a number of times with no response. I got burned in The Great PC Scandal so admit I am a bit punch-shy. Hoping that I receive any form of communication to let me know where it's up to.

I'm in the same boat.

danny-boy
26th March 2019, 01:17 PM
still waiting for MP-36+..........

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSxtoTrNFexCQXcl2o_THhKsweJAqr MsG--fgJhN2EX0avbvEny

Ozboticon
1st April 2019, 10:06 AM
Has anyone had any experience with asking for refunds from these guys?

XMan
1st April 2019, 10:45 AM
I asked for one for my last order, but they reassured me they had my item on the way, and they came through albeit super late but order fulfilled and I must say very well packaged too.

What toy you looking to get refunded?

Omega Metro
1st April 2019, 01:15 PM
Has anyone had any experience with asking for refunds from these guys?

I sent a message last week asking for refunds for 3 items. 2 of which I bought over a year ago. No response.

Edit: I know that their ‘terms and conditions’ state that they don’t offer refunds but surely they must have some common sense and refund people’s money after a year.

Tha_Phantom
1st April 2019, 01:40 PM
I sent a message last week asking for refunds for 3 items. 2 of which I bought over a year ago. No response.

https://i.ibb.co/H2yBpLR/mODLwhM.jpg (https://ibb.co/VNGJp0b)

drifand
1st April 2019, 01:40 PM

Edit: I know that their ‘terms and conditions’ state that they don’t offer refunds but surely they must have some common sense and refund people’s money after a year.

You can show them the QLD ACCC page etc that "No refunds" is none applicable and should know that it does not apply, especially for items waited for a reasonable amount of time.

When there is no response, it means its up to you to escalate. The decision is entirely you but noted once you escalate to the bank it probably means your account with the retailer from their end will freeze. But at least you get your money back. If you paid by Paypal, you might be out of luck and would require to escalate through your credit card provider directly as Paypal will not entertain purchases over a year.

DarkHyren
1st April 2019, 01:51 PM

Edit: I know that their ‘terms and conditions’ state that they don’t offer refunds but surely they must have some common sense and refund people’s money after a year.They can put whatever they like in their terms but if those terms break australian consumer laws then they are invalidated.
So while they are within rights to say no refunds for change of mind, if an item is overdue by an unreasonable amount of time that counts as failure to deliver, not change of mind.

While it might be related to a different online store all the information in the first post here http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=24252 is relevant to any retailer that seems to be failing to deliver on goods/services.

UltraMarginal
2nd April 2019, 05:02 PM
I got a massive shipment late last week.

including all the following:

Zeta ZB-03 Kronos (Silver Arrow)[Silver Bolt]
MP-9 Rodimus Convoy (Reissue)
Unique Toys Challenger [age of extinction Optimus Prime]
Unique Toys Day and Night [Legends scale snap dragon and Cerebros]
Unique Toys No Minds and Unhappy [Legends scale Highbrow and Ape Face]
New Age flipper [teensy tine legends scale Bumblebee]
Transformers Siege Deluxe Cog
Perfect Effect PC-14 Grand Cannon [gun for fortress maximus]
Add on kit of faces and stand for MP Megatron
New Age H3 Harry [very small legends scale Prowl]

It was well packed with bubble wrap and shrinkwrap, while the shipping box copped some travel damage everything inside was fine. Shipping notifications and delivery updates came to my email account from Sendle.

I think I put up some pictures on my twitter account

No issues here. Except that now I have to find the time to open and enjoy all this awesome.

FruitBuyer
3rd April 2019, 09:28 AM
I think I've been put off TBI given the wait and lack of communication on my waiting items. I entirely understand that they're just a duo that do this in their own personal time, while also looking after their child however if you want to keep expanding then you need to be able to deal with all the rigors that come with becoming a larger business.

Their response to the items being locked at customs is extremely unprofessional. Blaming another party does little to avail the fact that you have my money and do not have my purchases nor have you conveyed that you are doing anything to get the item. Considering that my item was released 6 months ago and is basically sold out everywhere else, I have little faith that I will ever receive it.

To their credit, I do not lump them up in the same category as PC and would never do so. I believe that they are honest hard-working people that want to sell figures at decent rates to Australians. Unfortunately they simply are not able to deal with problems that arise expanding faster than you can support.

Tha_Phantom
3rd April 2019, 10:08 AM
I think I've been put off TBI given the wait and lack of communication on my waiting items. I entirely understand that they're just a duo that do this in their own personal time, while also looking after their child however if you want to keep expanding then you need to be able to deal with all the rigors that come with becoming a larger business.

Their response to the items being locked at customs is extremely unprofessional. Blaming another party does little to avail the fact that you have my money and do not have my purchases nor have you conveyed that you are doing anything to get the item. Considering that my item was released 6 months ago and is basically sold out everywhere else, I have little faith that I will ever receive it.

To their credit, I do not lump them up in the same category as PC and would never do so. I believe that they are honest hard-working people that want to sell figures at decent rates to Australians. Unfortunately they simply are not able to deal with problems that arise expanding faster than you can support.

I agree. They seem like good people with the right intentions, but I see no reason to make someone else's problems mine if I can avoid it. Just waiting for one more item and I'm done with TBI. I gave them a fair shot after hearing a lot of good feedback but I'd rather pay more and get my things sooner in future.

Sigmalock
3rd April 2019, 10:10 AM
Back in August, I pre-ordered Fans Toys Hydra from TBI (ironically, because PC failed to supply it; my credit card provider eventually refunded me).
TBI's ETA is currently listed as Q1 2019, which has now come and gone (I realise not by much, but Hydra has been out at other retailers since about the beginning of the year).
Obviously, I'm outside PayPal's 6-month refund window.

I also pre-ordered Fans Hobby Double Evil back in December.
The ETA was originally listed as February 2019 - they later added a "dispatched date" of 31 January - but now the ETA is listed as June 2019 (which would push it outside PayPal's 6-month refund window).

I contacted TBI back in February, and they said things would be delayed by Chinese New Year. That came and went, so I contacted them again a month later and all I received was an automated reply.

It's great to hear that others are receiving their orders, but having experienced the PC debacle, I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't getting a little concerned.

I guess I'm just wondering if I should pull the plug now; get my money back (hopefully); and then try to get these figures from someone else?

Jeffatron
4th April 2019, 11:04 AM
It's understandable given your history with PC that you're a little edgy about it, but I wouldn't worry about not receiving your items. Where as TBI are going through a tough period of dealing with increased business and personal issues, I don't think they're about to run off with anyone's money.

So it's down to what kind of customer experience and speed of service you want as to whether you cancel your order before the PayPal deadline passes

drifand
4th April 2019, 12:18 PM
His deadline was passed a year ago so Paypal only works six months. They will have zero involvement from here onward.

I will advise people not to take a relaxed approach if the sum of money is quite a bit. Once is passed the credit card limit period, you will not be able to get any funds back.

Whether this retailer is going to be like a PC or not is not of concern. I used to think PC was great, and I was proven wrong. What is important though, is that YOUR circumstances as a customer that you currently experiencing may differ from others. Do not let others influence your current issue to just sit back if there is a real issue, as stated, once the time limit has passed, there is nothing you can do.

I also like to add Fantoys are known for bad Time releases so it can be out of a retailer's control in regards to Fantoys items. However if the toy is released and the retailer is failing to provide, then you got an issue.
I avoid ordering any 3P figures due to this uncertainty and only order when I know the 3p company is able to provide.

Sigmalock
4th April 2019, 03:31 PM
It's understandable given your history with PC that you're a little edgy about it, but I wouldn't worry about not receiving your items. Where as TBI are going through a tough period of dealing with increased business and personal issues, I don't think they're about to run off with anyone's money.

So it's down to what kind of customer experience and speed of service you want as to whether you cancel your order before the PayPal deadline passes

His deadline was passed a year ago so Paypal only works six months. They will have zero involvement from here onward.

I will advise people not to take a relaxed approach if the sum of money is quite a bit. Once is passed the credit card limit period, you will not be able to get any funds back.

Whether this retailer is going to be like a PC or not is not of concern. I used to think PC was great, and I was proven wrong. What is important though, is that YOUR circumstances as a customer that you currently experiencing may differ from others. Do not let others influence your current issue to just sit back if there is a real issue, as stated, once the time limit has passed, there is nothing you can do.

I also like to add Fantoys are known for bad Time releases so it can be out of a retailer's control in regards to Fantoys items. However if the toy is released and the retailer is failing to provide, then you got an issue.
I avoid ordering any 3P figures due to this uncertainty and only order when I know the 3p company is able to provide.

Appreciate the advice, guys. Will keep everyone posted.

danny-boy
8th April 2019, 09:21 PM
MP-29+ Shockwave and MP-36+ Megatron status has changed to shipped (from destination). April ETA. The wait is frustrating but have to give TBI credit for the updates.

FruitBuyer
15th April 2019, 05:05 PM
I finally received an update regarding Flame Toys Tarn. They have procured stock from another supplier and expect to receive them within another week or so.

I have to say I appreciate the lengths they've gone to get the order done, despite the time it has taken. I'm not sure if I'll shop with them again however I will say that my experience with them is more positive than negative.

GoktimusPrime
17th April 2019, 10:17 PM
My MP Cordon was lost by the courier and TBI have given me a refund.
A good result for an unfortunate situation.

Wormz
23rd April 2019, 07:47 PM
Hey all
Just wondering if anyone else whom ordered the MP-32 reissue had heard anything ? The product page says the expected date was due in Feb but alas that is long gone now.. I have tried to contact them through both Facebook and email with no reply..
Cheers

hYpNoS
23rd April 2019, 11:53 PM
Hey all
Just wondering if anyone else whom ordered the MP-32 reissue had heard anything ? The product page says the expected date was due in Feb but alas that is long gone now.. I have tried to contact them through both Facebook and email with no reply..
Cheers

I'm getting worried, different questions, but same...response as you

Nothing

FruitBuyer
30th April 2019, 10:03 PM
I received a shipping notification for Flame Toys Tarn. I had started to give up ever seeing him so this kinda big for me.

I still await the day I receive him; I wish everyone the best with whatever items they have left.

FruitBuyer
6th May 2019, 01:02 PM
Received my FlameToys Tarn today. Despite the time taken, I am happy that I got him, which ultimately is what matters, thank you TBI

reillyd
6th May 2019, 03:28 PM
I am still waiting on two items that are listed as in stock, and haven't shipped for months. No reply to Facebook, no reply to email.

What is so infuriating is that they have the items, just haven't bothered to ship.
I was happy to let it slide for a few weeks, then to send a politely worded email, and just nothing happens.

It's not that they're dishonest like certain other now closed retailers. It's not te's a delay in obtaining stock this time (which had been a problem in the past). It's that they can't be bothered to check email and post it. Maybe I am not a 'big enough' customer for it to be a priority? I don't want to jeopardise the pending preorders I have with them by making a complaint, but it really is crappy service.

BruiseLee
6th May 2019, 08:43 PM
Try shipping it with this link:

https://www.toybotimportz.com.au/products/shipping-add-on

They've been using a pile of loot type system. Free shipping for 4 or more items. For 2 items it will be $11 or if your other preorders aren't far away then can ship them at one go when they come in.

reillyd
6th May 2019, 09:22 PM
Thank you for the advice Bruise. I resent paying twice for shipping but will try the zero dollar option and see if it works.

hYpNoS
6th May 2019, 09:22 PM
I am still waiting on two items that are listed as in stock, and haven't shipped for months. No reply to Facebook, no reply to email.

What is so infuriating is that they have the items, just haven't bothered to ship.
I was happy to let it slide for a few weeks, then to send a politely worded email, and just nothing happens.

It's not that they're dishonest like certain other now closed retailers. It's not te's a delay in obtaining stock this time (which had been a problem in the past). It's that they can't be bothered to check email and post it. Maybe I am not a 'big enough' customer for it to be a priority? I don't want to jeopardise the pending preorders I have with them by making a complaint, but it really is crappy service.

Don't bother with facebook, as per the site faq's and what the NEW automated message says they no longer respond to that, its only that *one* email they respond to, I gotten a response that some of the items I myself am waiting for but...so far no invoices

I got no choice but to wait on them since paypal won't protect me now but the fact they're responding (although it took 3 total emails for any response) gives me some comfort

GoktimusPrime
6th May 2019, 10:53 PM
They responded to me on Facebook. Eventually. :o I still have one more preorder with them and I'd be lying if I said that I had full confidence that I'll receive this toy without fuss (or at all). I hope to be proven wrong (please prove me wrong!)

danny-boy
8th May 2019, 02:06 PM
They’ve started shipping out MP-36+ pre-orders. Hopefully I’ll get a shipping notice soon.

ZoonMaster5000
8th May 2019, 02:43 PM
They’ve started shipping out MP-36+ pre-orders. Hopefully I’ll get a shipping notice soon.

Finally! Hopefully they send mine with my 2 mp-29+ I’ve ordered aswell

Sigmalock
10th May 2019, 01:13 PM
Back in August, I pre-ordered Fans Toys Hydra from TBI (ironically, because PC failed to supply it; my credit card provider eventually refunded me).
TBI's ETA is currently listed as Q1 2019, which has now come and gone (I realise not by much, but Hydra has been out at other retailers since about the beginning of the year).
Obviously, I'm outside PayPal's 6-month refund window.

I also pre-ordered Fans Hobby Double Evil back in December.
The ETA was originally listed as February 2019 - they later added a "dispatched date" of 31 January - but now the ETA is listed as June 2019 (which would push it outside PayPal's 6-month refund window).

I contacted TBI back in February, and they said things would be delayed by Chinese New Year. That came and went, so I contacted them again a month later and all I received was an automated reply.

It's great to hear that others are receiving their orders, but having experienced the PC debacle, I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't getting a little concerned.

I guess I'm just wondering if I should pull the plug now; get my money back (hopefully); and then try to get these figures from someone else?

Well, it's follow-up time:

I contacted TBI (again), but this time got no reply :confused:

I'd been getting increasingly nervous, as my Aug 2018 pre-order for FT Hydra is already outside PayPal's 6-month window, and my Dec 2018 pre-order for FH Double Evil will be outside the window, at the end of this month. (Credit Card charge-backs were never an option for me, because I paid for both pre-orders directly from PayPal, using proceeds from the sale of other transformers).

Up until yesterday (believe me, I've been checking daily!) TBI had Hydra listed with an ETA of 1st Quarter 2019 (which has obviously come and gone). Today, I find they have changed it to "Arriving and Shipping pre-orders" - so, happy days!!!

Double Evil had already been pushed back to a June 2019 ETA (grumble, grumble) but now they've at least added an explanation of sorts: supplier issues, meaning TBI has been bumped to Fans Hobby's second run (due in June 2019). Oh well; at least that wasn't a complete shock (I was aware of FH's second run from viewing their online shop - and pre-ordering their second run of Power Baser! Bring on DE vs PB!)

So I guess I'll just sit tight, and try to be patient...

(Although, would an update via email have been too hard, TBI??? Really??? I know, I know; 'first-world problems'...)

reillyd
12th May 2019, 04:51 PM
Well I finally received all my in stock preorders, so as I said before they're honest but poor customer service. They were across multiple sorders, so I had ended up paying several lots of shipping but at least I have what I paid for.

It's crazy though that you can pre-order and pay for items, with no notification when it arrives and then to have to chase them to ship. I don't mind them not answering Facebook, but emails were polite and just got ignored.
Your results may vary to mine, but I'm wary of using again. It might just be a family run business and they're overwhelmed: so I am willing to cut them a little slack, but now wary.

FruitBuyer
12th May 2019, 11:52 PM
Well I finally received all my in stock preorders, so as I said before they're honest but poor customer service. They were across multiple sorders, so I had ended up paying several lots of shipping but at least I have what I paid for.

It's crazy though that you can pre-order and pay for items, with no notification when it arrives and then to have to chase them to ship. I don't mind them not answering Facebook, but emails were polite and just got ignored.
Your results may vary to mine, but I'm wary of using again. It might just be a family run business and they're overwhelmed: so I am willing to cut them a little slack, but now wary.

Basically the same for me. I'm glad I've received my last item however this whole ordeal shows that they're struggling to deal with the large amount of orders. I believe they'll do the right thing and refund people when necessary otherwise you'll receive your goods after a very long time.

If I order from them, it'll only be unimportant stuff.

ChlorHex
13th May 2019, 02:44 AM
I recently received a delivery from them... aside from one of the toy boxes getting a little squished, I'm back being satisfied with their service.

Then again, I only buy in-stock items these days and I enjoy a good toy sale :)

They appear to be an honest bunch... just overwhelmed with a growing business and not ready with hiring an additional pair of hands as that would eat into their profit margins.

Might benefit them to review their systems and processes if this many customers are unhappy... or do nothing... there'll still be folks willing to buy and wait.

For those who can't wait or aren't willing to take the risk (like myself), just don't pre-order and save yourself the hassle.

Tober
13th May 2019, 04:24 AM
If I do ever receive my MP+ Megatron and Shockwave orders, I'll gladly support them by never placing strain on their ordering system again. :)

XMan
22nd May 2019, 05:58 AM
I bought an in-stock item SH Figuarts Captain Marvel - received notification just a few hours later with confirmation item sent and Sendle Tracking ID :)

Tha_Phantom
22nd May 2019, 08:46 AM
Got refunded for Laserwave and now my business with TBI is concluded.

Tober
23rd May 2019, 11:13 PM
Got refunded for Laserwave and now my business with TBI is concluded.

Did you request a refund?

My MP-29+ Laserwave finally arrived today. MP-26+ Megatron is still sorely missing...

hYpNoS
24th May 2019, 03:29 AM
Nothing for me yet...and people wonder why I don't support australian businesses -_-

Tha_Phantom
24th May 2019, 05:59 AM
Did you request a refund

No it just came out of the blue. I'm fine with it though as I can move on now. I have already purchased a replacement Laserwave.

The Letter M
30th May 2019, 09:27 AM
Has anyone had a response from these guys recently? Still waiting on MP29+ and MP36+.

GoktimusPrime
30th May 2019, 11:16 AM
My next pre-order with them is Big Powered which is currently listed as: "Stock has started to arrive, shipping of pre-orders has started." Hopefully this means that I'll get the toys soon. :)

gamblor916
30th May 2019, 01:22 PM
Received my MP-36+ and MMC Azaela after I sent them a request via their contact form. Not sure if that helped or just coincidence.

Tober
30th May 2019, 02:28 PM
Has anyone had a response from these guys recently? Still waiting on MP29+ and MP36+.

A few days ago I got an email saying they expect another batch of MP-36+ to arrive end of this week or early next week.

GoktimusPrime
7th June 2019, 01:16 AM
TBI sent my LGEX Big Powered on Monday and I received it on Thursday. They even messaged me to personally check that I had received my package. :) :cool:

snaketales
7th June 2019, 09:59 AM
Congratulations: it looks like a nice set

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for a response to an email sent about two weeks ago about when I can expect mine :(:confused:

ZoonMaster5000
7th June 2019, 10:29 AM
TBI sent my LGEX Big Powered on Monday and I received it on Thursday. They even messaged me to personally check that I had received my package. :) :cool:

There’s hope yet! I’m still waiting on 2x mp29+, mp-36+, lg-ex big powered and the golden lagoon 3 pack and replies to the 3 emails I’ve sent this year. Then I’ll be moving on to another retailer.

Sorry to sound negative but I just think the customer service is really bad and for their price point I expect better.

snaketales
8th June 2019, 11:47 AM
Congratulations: it looks like a nice set

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for a response to an email sent about two weeks ago about when I can expect mine :(:confused:

And now it's on its way! Squeaky wheel or good timing?

DaptoDog
8th June 2019, 01:18 PM
There’s hope yet! I’m still waiting on 2x mp29+, mp-36+, lg-ex big powered and the golden lagoon 3 pack and replies to the 3 emails I’ve sent this year. Then I’ll be moving on to another retailer.

Sorry to sound negative but I just think the customer service is really bad and for their price point I expect better.

Yep. I only used them for MP-36+ which I'm still waiting on also. Correspondence not replied to, order continually delayed. Not good enough.

Last pre-order with an Australian retailer. Can't go wrong with the big Japanese and HK retailers.

Sigmalock
13th June 2019, 10:08 PM
Well, it's follow-up time:

I contacted TBI (again), but this time got no reply :confused:

I'd been getting increasingly nervous, as my Aug 2018 pre-order for FT Hydra is already outside PayPal's 6-month window, and my Dec 2018 pre-order for FH Double Evil will be outside the window, at the end of this month. (Credit Card charge-backs were never an option for me, because I paid for both pre-orders directly from PayPal, using proceeds from the sale of other transformers).

Up until yesterday (believe me, I've been checking daily!) TBI had Hydra listed with an ETA of 1st Quarter 2019 (which has obviously come and gone). Today, I find they have changed it to "Arriving and Shipping pre-orders" - so, happy days!!!

Double Evil had already been pushed back to a June 2019 ETA (grumble, grumble) but now they've at least added an explanation of sorts: supplier issues, meaning TBI has been bumped to Fans Hobby's second run (due in June 2019). Oh well; at least that wasn't a complete shock (I was aware of FH's second run from viewing their online shop - and pre-ordering their second run of Power Baser! Bring on DE vs PB!)

So I guess I'll just sit tight, and try to be patient...

(Although, would an update via email have been too hard, TBI??? Really??? I know, I know; 'first-world problems'...)
Follow-up time again... and this time, the news is all good :)
I finally received a reply to my March email - I also sent one in May - and TBI confirmed that my orders are now both on their way (tracking numbers included)!
There's also apparently a huge backlog of emails they are trying to respond to, so I respectfully suggest that my fellow buyers try to be patient.
At the end of the day, it looks like I will get what I paid for, so I can't ask for much more than that.
Took a little longer than I would've preferred, but the second run of Fans Hobby Double Evil wasn't due out until this month, and FansToys are notorious for their delays (notwithstanding Hydra's been out for several months now).
Given they're only a two-person band trying to manage all this and more, I'll give TBI a pass mark (contingent on my orders arriving in pristine condition, of course!)

spiderken17
17th July 2019, 07:48 PM
Ordered Mech Planet HS-02 from them which was in stock. I received no progress reports or anything for a week until I emailed them, it then took another week and a couple of emails to get it posted. I bit too long considering it was an in stock item. I will still use them for in stock items as long as people are still getting their items shipped. I used Paypal so if it all went pear shaped I would just get a refund, they get a B from me.

Convoid
18th July 2019, 03:17 PM
Purchased in stock Ricochet and Red Swoop from them. Took them 4 weeks to ship them.

hYpNoS
18th July 2019, 10:44 PM
Ordered Mech Planet HS-02 from them which was in stock. I received no progress reports or anything for a week until I emailed them, it then took another week and a couple of emails to get it posted. I bit too long considering it was an in stock item. I will still use them for in stock items as long as people are still getting their items shipped. I used Paypal so if it all went pear shaped I would just get a refund, they get a B from me.

Just don't give them the benefit of the doubt for too long...like I've done, responding to a but a few of my many emails and when they do they sound it out like something is gonna happen right there and then...nope.

And people wonder why I import just about everything now, whatever I've lost more than this, I'll just move on I guess

spiderken17
20th July 2019, 05:18 PM
Yes i know it was a risk but it wasn't an in demand item and they were considerably cheaper than anywhere else once a discount was applied. I was basically going to give them a couple of weeks to get it to me otherwise i would get a refund.

hYpNoS
24th July 2019, 03:27 AM
So I finally had my lot come in, well over a year late (from pre-order date, so closer to over 8 months past...when was golden lagoon starscream released again he was the oldest of the lot?), as one could tell I was quite annoyed, getting told one thing and that turning out to be wrong, but I'm relieved that it's all over now.

The story basically is whoever their supplier was unreliable and slow (I presume this is how they cut cost in their business) and they ended up going with another supplier (for those who follow them on FB you may have seen this), what I gathered from my contact and what we really know is that COUPLED with them being a rather busy 2 person team also running full time jobs with a newborn didn't help the situation (infact, its close to 1 and 1/2 of them working), during our last email (which was the most human email I ever got from them, or anybody) they accepted fault, they didn't want to do a refund (they never said that, they just skipped over that from my last few emails) but they were trying their hardest to fulfill their promises which is a tall order all things considered.

So all in all, if you're patient and willing to send them reminders or buy instock only I say go for it, I honestly think they need to cut down on their stock orders (quantity and range) but that supplier issue was not their fault which was the main fault for what happened to me, they aren't big enough to just *SNAP* do refunds to people and not take a hefty loss, and taking on another person may/may not work out for them.

Makes me wonder how (for those who are into gunpla/gundam models) gentei kits did it, it was ONE person, he occasionally had his family step in (was cute when he posted pics of them helping out, kids and aunties I presume), but maybe because his range was limited to one brand, ordering for him even more so (p-bandai have strict limits or I'm told) and he would often (back when I was a regular) close off orders to prevent being overloaded (still had masses of boxes come in judging from his old pics, not a warehouse load but close to filling a room near christmas), he doesn't even advertise himself like he used to no social media presence at all but I still get his emails every few months, last I checked he was a IT guy of some sort so its not his only source of income.

Oh well, enough ranting, the overall experience could have been better but it wasn't their fault entirely, hell the packaging makes amiami look take (box mumified in bubblewrap and packed in with paper), even got some dry transfers thrown in which is a nice touch, only bad thing I could nit pick was I got a sendle message that it was coming yesterday but no prior warning other than my email exchange (which told me it was literally sitting right next to them ready to ship next day), don't get how that works but I have no idea how sendle works since these are the only guys that use them in my experience and I haven't used them enough to work this out (prior time I had a sendle tracking code, this time just that email from them, odd)

XMan
24th July 2019, 06:50 AM
I contacted them two weeks back about MP BW Megatron Stuart replied and said they had started to arrive but a few boxes have some damage, but the figures themselves are unharmed. I'm not a MISB collector so he said he'd send mine asap but have not heard back since.

Not worried at all, it'll come eventually.

XMan
27th July 2019, 07:04 AM
And MP Beast Wars Megatron on the way!

DaptoDog
6th August 2019, 07:40 PM
Do you get a shipping confirmation when they post your order? Mine was meant to ship last week but it still shows as unfulfilled on my order summary.

Omega Metro
6th August 2019, 07:48 PM
Do you get a shipping confirmation when they post your order? Mine was meant to ship last week but it still shows as unfulfilled on my order summary.

Yes, you should get a shipping update email and a Sendle email (if you used Sendle). Also keep track of the items that are stated as ‘Fullfilled’ as its sometimes not the case.

DaptoDog
6th August 2019, 08:23 PM
Thanks I thought so. Guess I'll try contacting them AGAIN.

ZoonMaster5000
7th August 2019, 02:13 AM
Thanks I thought so. Guess I'll try contacting them AGAIN.

Can you let me know if you receive a reply? I?m starting to get the feeling they are ignoring me on purpose.

Raider
7th August 2019, 06:17 AM
Have you guys tried messaging their FB group (TBI's Customer HQ)? They are really active in responding on there.

UltraMarginal
7th August 2019, 10:54 AM
also double check your junk mail for sendle notifications.

ZoonMaster5000
7th August 2019, 12:28 PM
Have you guys tried messaging their FB group (TBI's Customer HQ)? They are really active in responding on there.

I?ve been waiting since Friday for approval. Just get the feeling that they don?t want to speak to me because they still don?t have my items which are becoming long overdue. Just looking for the answer to that age old question ?where?s my stuff??

Sinnertwin
7th August 2019, 03:19 PM
Someone's on the naughty list...

Tober
17th August 2019, 05:09 PM
Has anyone gone through a credit card chargeback process through Oxipay/Humm for a claim against Toybot? It seems like that is what is now necessary in order to get my money back.

TaZZerath
26th August 2019, 12:54 PM
I really REALLY wanted TBI to work out, but i'm losing faith :(

I preordered LG-EX Big Powered back in October last year, paid via OxiPay, then sat and waited and waited, tried contacting via emails and facebook and messenger and allsorts....

I have always been polite during my correspondence and tried to keep my irritation about the lack of communication under control.

Finally I sent an email in which I said I would have to take further action if the lack of responses continued and then the next day FINALLY received a reply stating I had (accidentally) put it in the TBI crate so if I paid the shipping it would be shipped to me.... I did so the very next day.... that was two weeks ago.

Unfortunately now I've gotten to a point of emailing through the various methods wherever I can but I'm starting to think that like Tober I'll have to follow up with Oxipay.

I get that these guys are a small operation, that they have received a lot of orders and had a bad supplier to begin with, but it would be OH so nice if there was a retailer who offered both good prices AND good communication when it came to preorder items.

Omega Metro
26th August 2019, 04:36 PM
You are not the only one. Their communication is atrocious.

ZoonMaster5000
29th August 2019, 10:26 PM
I really REALLY wanted TBI to work out, but i'm losing faith :(

I preordered LG-EX Big Powered back in October last year, paid via OxiPay, then sat and waited and waited, tried contacting via emails and facebook and messenger and allsorts....

I have always been polite during my correspondence and tried to keep my irritation about the lack of communication under control.

Finally I sent an email in which I said I would have to take further action if the lack of responses continued and then the next day FINALLY received a reply stating I had (accidentally) put it in the TBI crate so if I paid the shipping it would be shipped to me.... I did so the very next day.... that was two weeks ago.

Unfortunately now I've gotten to a point of emailing through the various methods wherever I can but I'm starting to think that like Tober I'll have to follow up with Oxipay.

I get that these guys are a small operation, that they have received a lot of orders and had a bad supplier to begin with, but it would be OH so nice if there was a retailer who offered both good prices AND good communication when it came to preorder items.

Im pretty much in the same boat as you, Ive just sent a complaint through Qld fair trading hoping that will force a response from them. Hopefully (a) I get my stuff or (b) they get upset and refund my money and then I wont have to go the bank or anything. Dont let it hang for too long, as a consumer you have your rights

TaZZerath
30th August 2019, 09:21 AM
Im pretty much in the same boat as you, Ive just sent a complaint through Qld fair trading hoping that will force a response from them. Hopefully (a) I get my stuff or (b) they get upset and refund my money and then I wont have to go the bank or anything. Dont let it hang for too long, as a consumer you have your rights

It's just disappointing that i FINALLY received a reply and FINALLY thought there would be traction, I jump through the hoops they asked me to (at great resistance) and then I'm shoved back into the corner again :confused:

I'll have to see what SA has in regards to fair trading...

Tober
30th August 2019, 10:14 AM
I'll have to see what SA has in regards to fair trading...

You'll need to go through Queensland Fair Trading as they are Brisbane based.

Tober
30th August 2019, 10:16 AM
If you paid with a credit card you could start with your bank. They can be very convincing! :)

TaZZerath
30th August 2019, 10:25 AM
I paid via OxiPay at the time so no :(

Thanks for the info re Qld Fair Trading though.

TaZZerath
30th August 2019, 10:44 AM
I bit the bullet and submitted a complaint. I didn't want to go this far, but one scrap of communication in this saga from them just isn't good enough after all this time.

First TLTC and now this, my Aussie online retailer experience hasn't been great thats for sure. Glad I missed the Premium Collectibles boat or I would've had a really bad trifecta *sigh*

I wish those who have had positive experiences with TBI all the best.

Tober
30th August 2019, 12:10 PM
I bit the bullet and submitted a complaint. I didn't want to go this far, but one scrap of communication in this saga from them just isn't good enough after all this time.

First TLTC and now this, my Aussie online retailer experience hasn't been great thats for sure. Glad I missed the Premium Collectibles boat or I would've had a really bad trifecta *sigh*

I wish those who have had positive experiences with TBI all the best.

Who did you start your dispute with, Fair Trades or Oxipay?

I just began with Humm (Oxipay) as they have a resolution process on their site.

https://www.shophumm.com.au/help/ive-got-an-issue-with-a-retailer

TaZZerath
30th August 2019, 03:42 PM
Who did you start your dispute with, Fair Trades or Oxipay?

I just began with Humm (Oxipay) as they have a resolution process on their site.

https://www.shophumm.com.au/help/ive-got-an-issue-with-a-retailer

I started with Fair Trade. We'll see how we go I guess.

ZoonMaster5000
30th August 2019, 03:51 PM
I?m glad you put a complaint as well, now Im not saying everyone grab your pitchforks but it will look better for us especially as it?s the same complete involving the same item. This will at least force an answer from them and a resolution as I?m pretty sure they have to show the ombudsman that have resolved the problem or it goes to court.

Tober
2nd September 2019, 11:45 PM
I started the Humm/OxiPay dispute process on Friday and received a request for additional information that afternoon (mostly personal ID, for some reason...). Today (Monday) I got an email saying that they have contacted Toybot. About two hours ago I have separate shipping notices for both of my disputed items. They are scheduled to be picked up by Sendle tomorrow.

TaZZerath
3rd September 2019, 09:02 AM
I started the Humm/OxiPay dispute process on Friday and received a request for additional information that afternoon (mostly personal ID, for some reason...). Today (Monday) I got an email saying that they have contacted Toybot. About two hours ago I have separate shipping notices for both of my disputed items. They are scheduled to be picked up by Sendle tomorrow.

That's fantastic mate! I've had absolutely no word. So I guess OxiPay disputes is next if I want some form of traction then...

gamblor916
3rd September 2019, 09:14 AM

Result! So the way to get your stuff is by threatening them.

TaZZerath
3rd September 2019, 09:17 AM
Result! So the way to get your stuff is by threatening them.

Sad really isn't it :( But I have gone down the Humm/Oxipay path now too. I just want closure.

Tober
3rd September 2019, 10:31 AM
Yeah. it's not ideal, but I'm running out of options. Oxipay is a soft option compared to a credit card reverse-chargeback as they (Oxipay) would also be fined if Mastercard ruled in my favor. :(

No word from Sendle yet, but it's only 10.30 AM.

Fair Trades can be good, but they often take around two weeks for a standard reply.

EDIT: The tracking number is active. :)

XMan
4th September 2019, 06:58 AM
Pretty shiity its come to that. I got my last figure, MP BW Megatron not long ago and won't be making another order.

TaZZerath
4th September 2019, 09:10 AM
Humm/Oxipay sent me an email yesterday to say that TBI had made an 'adjustment'; when I logged onto my account the Status for my order had changed to Refunded :(

Thats 2 for 2 preorders from Aussie online retaillers I've been burnt by. When (or should i say 'if' considering the situation) the money comes, I'll probably redirect it elsewhere.

Tha_Phantom
4th September 2019, 09:18 AM
When (or should i say 'if' considering the situation) the money comes, I'll probably redirect it elsewhere.

Don't stress, you'll get your money back, I received the same treatment. Thank your lucky stars you can move on now and not have to chase them up anymore.

TaZZerath
5th September 2019, 10:31 AM
Don't stress, you'll get your money back, I received the same treatment. Thank your lucky stars you can move on now and not have to chase them up anymore.

Well after querying the fact I'd had two separate transactions with them via email I received confirmation that afternoon they were refunding everything.

What baffles me is the fact that they responded to this message so quickly when my close to two dozen emails previously (and I wish I was joking) were met with stony silence...

Once the money's back, the chapter will be closed and my quest for finding a good online store for my mini-hobby continues after Zero-From-Two attempts.

Tober
5th September 2019, 09:30 PM
Hardly an ideal outcome, but at least you have closure and your money back. Sugar for the pill.

My two orders arrived today with no drama, so I'm also able to move on.

TaZZerath
6th September 2019, 09:29 AM
Hardly an ideal outcome, but at least you have closure and your money back. Sugar for the pill.

My two orders arrived today with no drama, so I'm also able to move on.

Great mate :)

My refund came in today so case closed I guess. I immediately made lemonade out of lemons and ordered Jetfire and Hound elsewhere :)

ZoonMaster5000
6th September 2019, 01:46 PM
Humm/Oxipay sent me an email yesterday to say that TBI had made an 'adjustment'; when I logged onto my account the Status for my order had changed to Refunded :(

Hey TaZZerath how long did it take for Humm to get back to you?

TaZZerath
6th September 2019, 01:54 PM
Hey TaZZerath how long did it take for Humm to get back to you?

24 hours. It was super quick. I'm very impressed by their dispute resolution speed.

Omega Metro
6th September 2019, 02:01 PM
I need to do the same with Afterpay. But according to their terms and conditions, it’s not their problem.

Tober
6th September 2019, 03:04 PM
Whose terms and conditions, AfterPay or Toybot's?

Omega Metro
6th September 2019, 03:09 PM
Whose terms and conditions, AfterPay or Toybot's?

Afterpay

Tober
6th September 2019, 05:08 PM
That sounds strange. They shouldn't be able to compromise Australian retail law with their own T&Cs.

ZoonMaster5000
6th September 2019, 10:57 PM
24 hours. It was super quick. I'm very impressed by their dispute resolution speed.

Hmm I did mine mine Wednesday night, so I might wait till Monday arvo and try again.

ZoonMaster5000
6th September 2019, 10:59 PM
That sounds strange. They shouldn't be able to compromise Australian retail law with their own T&Cs.

Yeah it?s pretty rubbish you have 120 days from the time of purchase to dispute and if you dispute with your bank they suspend your account.

Omega Metro
6th September 2019, 11:03 PM
Yeah it?s pretty rubbish you have 120 days from the time of purchase to dispute and if you dispute with your bank they suspend your account.

Who?

ZoonMaster5000
7th September 2019, 09:58 AM
Who?

Afterpay

DaptoDog
7th September 2019, 02:09 PM
Finally received my order a few weeks ago after threatening a credit card chargeback. Item was unsealed which went against my plan of keeping it MISB. But just considered myself lucky to get it at all.

Sad that it takes those measures to get a result but life goes on. Thankfully that was my only order.

Tober
7th September 2019, 02:37 PM
You're going to have to weigh up weather it's worth it. Did they say how long the suspension is?

From what we've seen so far, all you really need is for them to put pressure on Toybot to get a result.

Omega Metro
7th September 2019, 03:16 PM
You're going to have to weigh up weather it's worth it. Did they say how long the suspension is?

From what we've seen so far, all you really need is for them to put pressure on Toybot to get a result.

Oh, they will be getting pressure all right. But I have a few items that were due in August so don’t want to jeopardise those for the time being. I’ll give them til the end of September.

GoktimusPrime
9th September 2019, 01:34 AM
Item was unsealed which went against my plan of keeping it MISB. But just considered myself lucky to get it at all.
That's so bullspit. :mad: They've basically sold you a used toy despite leading you to believe that you would be receiving a new/unused product. :mad: Even if it's just the sticky tape that's broken and the toy hasn't been handled, it's still technically loose. A loose mint toy is still loose, it's not MISB. I've picked up a few LMIB toys off Mandarake, but at least Mandarake typically charges about half price for LMIB toys. The audacity of supplying you with an LMIB toy when you paid for an MISB figure is just incredibly poor form.

Tober
10th September 2019, 08:27 PM
So is there anyone still waiting on long overdue orders, or have they sorted them all out? :confused:

hYpNoS
10th September 2019, 11:05 PM
Wow, I thought after mine got resolved (was past 6 months when they sent my stuff, was new and sealed too despite them claiming to have went to another supplier, certainly a better outcome than expected considering paypal couldn't help at this point) I thought everything picked up, I guess that was the problem of a heavily self promoting business run by 2 people still running day jobs (and a new born) and still pushing for new product listings, I hope they settle one day to just "catch up" and then consider a slower business model that suits them, if not then...well y'all already have taken action already, hope that goes well.

All I know is I'm done but watching this thread is concerning.

but at least Mandarake typically charges about half price for LMIB toys.
Don't know what you've bought but I've never had anything at half price from mandarake, if anything the "late comers tax" seems correct for anything I missed a PO

UltraMarginal
11th September 2019, 10:31 AM
I received another massive, actually two seperate boxes, from TBI last week. A bunch of the newage legends scale figures (insecticons, Cosmos, Silversrtreak, smokescreen, ironhide and ratchet), MPM megatron, MPM Ironhide, two more x-transbots stunticons, Leader Siege Shockwave, furai model flame toys Optimus, Siege Jetfire, the last two Zeta Aerialbots. A whole plethora of stuff really. Well packed and arrived quickly after being delayed a couple days to get the Newage Insecticons in.

Tha_Phantom
11th September 2019, 11:01 AM
All I know is I'm done but watching this thread is concerning.
Agreed.

Don't know what you've bought but I've never had anything at half price from mandarake, if anything the "late comers tax" seems correct for anything I missed a PO.
He means boxes that have been tape cut. I never use the term LMIB as something cannot be loose and in box at the same time, but that's another discussion for another thread.

TaZZerath
11th September 2019, 11:19 AM
The saga continues....

While I received a refund from TBI for my initial order, I still haven't received a refund from the additional shipping cost I paid.

In the meantime, QLD Fair Trade have been in touch with me and provided a very comprehensive email detailing the process which i'm happy to share with people if they'd like to see (either here or via PM) what the procedure is they follow. I also had an additional email from them that they had contacted TBI about my claim and that one of the TBI representatives had stated the refund had been processed and that TBI agreed it'd taken too long to action and they were closing the case. While I was tempted to leave it at that, I promptly replied about the other amount still being outstanding.

Krayt
11th September 2019, 11:57 AM
I received another massive, actually two seperate boxes, from TBI last week. A bunch of the newage legends scale figures (insecticons, Cosmos, Silversrtreak, smokescreen, ironhide and ratchet), MPM megatron, MPM Ironhide, two more x-transbots stunticons, Leader Siege Shockwave, furai model flame toys Optimus, Siege Jetfire, the last two Zeta Aerialbots. A whole plethora of stuff really. Well packed and arrived quickly after being delayed a couple days to get the Newage Insecticons in.

Was Jetfire batch 1 or Batch 2?

Sinnertwin
11th September 2019, 11:59 AM
All I know is I'm done but watching this thread is concerning

Why? It's par for course with these low priced Australian retailers

Transformers Down Under went .... under, everyone then smashed the buy it now button at Premium Collectables. They scammed everyone, so the masses decided go up to the elbow at The Little Toy Company. They fumbled the ball, so the masses went to Toybotz Imports & here we are.
Clearly the mom and pop part time online retail model isn't fully working.
But hey, if youre happy with the service you're receiving, go hard.

Tober
11th September 2019, 04:50 PM
Mostly it seems to be items bought about a year ago that customers have problems with. So I'm wanting to know if in the last six months it's been going much more smoothly or not.

According to their Facebook they are moving house.

hYpNoS
11th September 2019, 06:42 PM
Agreed.

He means boxes that have been tape cut. I never use the term LMIB as something cannot be loose and in box at the same time, but that's another discussion for another thread.

I knew that was what he meant and I still never had that much of a discount, though i do admit I see some that are below rrp but those are snipped in seconds of listings, then the next week they shoot up.

I honestly just guessed LMIB what that meant

Why? It's par for course with these low priced Australian retailers

Transformers Down Under went .... under, everyone then smashed the buy it now button at Premium Collectables. They scammed everyone, so the masses decided go up to the elbow at The Little Toy Company. They fumbled the ball, so the masses went to Toybotz Imports & here we are.
Clearly the mom and pop part time online retail model isn't fully working.
But hey, if youre happy with the service you're receiving, go hard.

This is true and its unfortunate, to me they've proven to be trust worthy if....overwhelmed, if only going by the last email they responded to which gave me my nearly year old order and how brutally honest they were while dodging my REPEATED request for a refund instead.

I won't buy from them again but I wish them well, they just need to cut back on the range, stock and have strict order limits, that way they won't have such a massive backlog until they decide to expand, if no expansion their current model is gonna be painful to all involved

UltraMarginal
11th September 2019, 07:26 PM
Was Jetfire batch 1 or Batch 2?

I have no idea, what batch number should I be looking out for? I ordered it about mid February.

ZoonMaster5000
12th September 2019, 03:40 PM
So is there anyone still waiting on long overdue orders, or have they sorted them all out? :confused:

All my orders are long overdue 2 mp-29+, mp36+ golden lagoon 3 pack the lg-ex big powered and fans toys maverick which is only a few months.

No idea on the suspension, I assumed it was permanent.

Tober
12th September 2019, 06:37 PM
I'd try QLD Fair Trades before Afterpay. Hopefully that will be enough.

Batfan007
17th September 2019, 10:11 AM
Hey guys, usually don't post in this thread but thought I would see whats up with other people orders. (as previously had nothing but good experiences with TBI) ;)

I got my last lot of stuff few weeks back (about 8 months worth or pre-orders and stacked items).

About 10+ items, but a couple were missing. I emailed them and posted on customer page, but no response for several weeks.

Also at item I ordered last year, that they could not get - and was supposed to gave been refunded - nothing doing.
3 months straight of no refund, and made new inquiries through their customer email and the customer FB page, a month apart each (over 3 months) and now they don't even respond.

I don't get it, how hard is it to refund for an item they dont have, that was ordered in 2018?

I'm patient for other things to turn up, and so far everything I have ever ordered since they started turned up mostly without any issue.

but not refunding makes me think I'll be shopping elsewhere.
The no response thing is just the icing on the cake.

It's like, hello, thats MY money, I don't just give it away and its still illegal in Australia to just say "sorry, no refunds for anything, even if we cant get it and you've paid for it in advance, thanks for the free money....bye".
:mad:

Batfan007
17th September 2019, 10:14 AM
Yeah can you PM that stuff / process you mentioned in this post please?

Batfan007
17th September 2019, 10:15 AM
You can put up sign in a dog park saying "no dogs" or "no aliens" or "no bears" or really any sign you like - but that don't make it legal.

TaZZerath
17th September 2019, 10:22 AM
Yeah can you PM that stuff / process you mentioned in this post please?

Sorry bud, is this directed at me?

Batfan007
17th September 2019, 10:38 AM

Well said.

I'm hoping to avoid going through any chargebacks and that sort of stuff.
I'd just like them to refund for the thing they said they would refund, and keep being a customer at this point.
But if they don't, what choice am I left with but to shop elsewhere.:confused:

Batfan007
17th September 2019, 10:48 AM
That's what im going to do going forward.

no more pre-orders, and buy in stock items only - and pay for the shipping as the collector crate doesnt always work, some items get forgotten about when its six months later that stuff ships etc.
Or things come in stock, with no notification - but dont ship as you've mentioned.

UltraMarginal
17th September 2019, 03:04 PM
It might be worth noting that they have been moving location for the last few weeks (you should be aware of this if you are on their customer facebook group), I also became aware that Stuart had dropped his phone and his internet access was severely restricted.

Omega Metro
17th September 2019, 03:23 PM
It might be worth noting that they have been moving location for the last few weeks (you should be aware of this if you are on their customer facebook group), I also became aware that Stuart had dropped his phone and his internet access was severely restricted.

Sorry. No offence to you but that’s a pathetic excuse.

TaZZerath
17th September 2019, 03:30 PM
Sorry. No offence to you but that’s a pathetic excuse.

I think the biggest issue here is the fact it can easily be perceived as pathetic excuses, even if they are facts. If they were always communicating with customers and THEN these things happened, people would be a lot more forgiving.

Omega Metro
17th September 2019, 04:03 PM
I think the biggest issue here is the fact it can easily be perceived as pathetic excuses, even if they are facts. If they were always communicating with customers and THEN these things happened, people would be a lot more forgiving.

He must of dropped his phone 6 months ago as his ‘internet access’ has been bad for quite some time.

Krayt
17th September 2019, 06:59 PM
... If they were always communicating with customers and THEN these things happened, people would be a lot more forgiving.

Communication has never been lacking for me... so all is forgiven

Batfan007
19th September 2019, 08:42 AM
Finally got a response this week from TBI.

Missing items are being sent out (no notification yet, just an email to say in process)

and the refund is shown up as verified via email, but still waiting on my end (probably take the usual bank bs several days to process).

I want to still be a customer, but most likely going with in stock items going forward, as I have had some of the same issues now with PC, then Little Toy Never Replies and now TBI. The Trifecta!
The good thing that TBI has always shipped my past items, unlike the other two who were just deceptive from the start with me and didnt ship stuff and had to go forced refunds with both.

Batfan007
19th September 2019, 08:48 AM

True.
I'd rather just hear facts.

Or a weekly status update and not all the in between stuff.

After a while its just starts to LOOK dodgy (regardless of the reality of whatever the situation is). It creates mis-trust with people.

I follow their weekly updates etc and have done so pretty much last 12 months straight. My issue went back way before any of that.:cool:
And my customer emailed query on refund for the items they could not get also precedes any of the recent shenanigans etc.

Omega Metro
19th September 2019, 09:42 AM
Or a weekly status update and not all the in between stuff.
After a while its just starts to LOOK dodgy (regardless of the reality of whatever the situation is). It creates mis-trust with people.

This^. Just a little message or update can go a long way to ease people’s minds.
A bit of an update for me. Got a shipping email last night for one of my ‘missing’ items. And a refund for another. I just went in and ‘shipped my loot crate thingy’ and put the order numbers in it. Seemed to have worked. Will be interesting to see what actually arrives though.

Batfan007
19th September 2019, 08:37 PM
Got an email today from afterpay confirming my refund will show up in 5 days.
I love how banks can take your money right away, but 5$#$^$ about when it comes to giving it back!

ZoonMaster5000
19th September 2019, 09:55 PM
Got an email today from afterpay confirming my refund will show up in 5 days.
I love how banks can take your money right away, but 5$#$^$ about when it comes to giving it back!

So who actually issued the refund? Tbi, Afterpay or did you contact the bank? Just curious as I put up a post earlier stating that Afterpay would suspend your account if you initiated chargebacks

ZoonMaster5000
27th September 2019, 02:39 AM
Small update, just got an email for a refund for LG-ex big powered which I no longer wanted anyway, 1 down 4 more to go!

Omega Metro
27th September 2019, 07:38 AM
So who actually issued the refund? Tbi, Afterpay or did you contact the bank? Just curious as I put up a post earlier stating that Afterpay would suspend your account if you initiated chargebacks

In my case it was TBI that did it.

Batfan007
20th October 2019, 01:54 PM
I got my refund which was actioned by tbi. They sent me an email.
Then following week email from afterpay and eventually the refund which was for siege wave 2 deluxes.
The refund was from afterpay directly into my bank account.

I got my other overdue items but from now forward im only buying in-stock items and no pre orders as i can see the same issues popping up again next year when items dus december this year turn up six months into next year.

drifand
6th November 2019, 07:24 PM
Some caution if you are in tcca and tfdu in Facebook groups. They have banned their ads.

Didn?t need Jedi instinct to predict.
Hope everyone got their purchases or else you know the drill.

1AZRAEL1
6th November 2019, 08:12 PM
I haven't had issues with communication, and do get my stuff. So I'm not grabbing my torch and pitchfork

Sinnertwin
6th November 2019, 08:51 PM
I haven't had issues with communication, and do get my stuff. So I'm not grabbing my torch and pitchfork

Put on the battle vest... cash me outside! How bout dat! Raaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

drifand
6th November 2019, 08:55 PM
I don?t want another pc episode but I advise everyone to trade with caution.
There will be upset supporters but I am sorry we all been down this road before and you know how it ends.
At this stage is up to the owners to address it.

I hope even if you had positive feedback. Is best to have an open mind to observe. That is all as is not in my best interest to protect or bash any retailers. Two popular transformers groups have taken action, is up to you to make your own call and judgement. As I said, you all know the drill. Those who stood up for pc, I just like to say does this look familiar? And are you going the same path? I would observe and act accordingly, that is all, all the best.

I only post because I have genuine concern for members in octa. I won?t be in this thread replying. This information came to me and I am passing on.

Batfan007
7th November 2019, 04:31 PM
I'm cautiously waiting on my Omega Supreme pre-order (that was ordered months ago)

Still no sign of the the overdue Mirage and Thundercracker.
It makes me wonder how they source stuff when it's so many months after every other major and minor retailer in the world has long since had such products (im talking online).

Really hope I dont have to cancel further stuff, as I still have 2-3 orders that were made over six months ago for items due end of year.

Don't want to have to cancel and source another omega supreme, I really hope they post something in the next montha about if they are even still getting them as have not heard anything at all for ages.

Still no sign of the Planet X Grimlock (reissue) that arrived at other stores couple month back either.

https://i.imgur.com/VmXu2by.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aQCQPEw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xYswBQ7.jpg

Omega lists as due OCTOBER. Last status update was october with no change to that month, but october has been and gone and still no sign of it nor any further updates (list includes dozens of other items also due in october) .

December is the cut off for me, if nothing by then I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask for a refund.

At this point I don't think I will buy any more in stock items either (at least not this year), but will wait and see if they actually deliver the outstanding items, as it starts to feel like throwing money away when I end up buying the same toy twice (elsewhere) rather than miss out altogther and then spend several months chasing refunds etc. By the time I get something, and end up with a double - it's almost impossible to even give away the double as anyone who wants one got it like 3-6 months ago etc.

1AZRAEL1
9th November 2019, 09:48 PM
Update in response to concerns raised in social media groups

From the outset, there appears to be concerns raised across some Facebook groups and online forums regarding the delivery of ordered items and response to queries raised directly with us.

First of all, we want to assure the public at large that there is no risk that any goods that you have ordered will not be delivered. We have had no circumstances where we have been unable to deliver any goods ordered and we don’t foresee circumstances where this will change.

We understand that a large number of our customers (past, present and potential) have likely been burned in the past by some local online websites. We have no intention of allowing TBI to go down the same path.

-A little bit more about us

TBI is a family run business with only two staff, Kylie and Stuart. We are not a large organisation and as such we are responsible for all aspects of operating the business from packaging, inventory management, email queries, etc. We both also work full time outside of TBI.

We established TBI as a business for the predominant purpose of bringing collectables to the community at the most affordable price we can offer. Stuart is very passionate about his collection and we are both enthusiastic about the business. The last thing we want to see are customers who are upset with the service that we are providing.

-Recent online comments

We have noticed recently that there has been a number of comments that have been made via online platforms or by direct email to us that are either misleading in their content or just plain upsetting and bullying. We have been the target of direct threats and smears that we would not wish upon anyone.

There has also been an exceptionally high number of emails that we have received, particularly from only a limited number of people. As an example, we sometimes receive up to 20 emails a day from some individuals alone making the same requests for information over and over. In almost all instances, the answers to these queries can be found via our help desk on the website or by checking the item listing pages for updated ETAs.
This is not meant to be an excuse for why it is taking a long time for people to receive a response. However, it is meant to highlight the reason why we cannot promptly respond to emails. We have acknowledged previously (see the news section of the website or our Facebook page) that we have had issues with responding to communications promptly however we are taking steps to remedy this as we will discuss below.

However, on 6 November 2019 there was a decision made by two Facebook groups to issue a “warning” about TBI. This came as a surprise to us and we were not contacted by the Admins of either group prior to this “warning” being issued. This has resulted in a number of abusive emails, a huge increase in email queries from customers, a large demand for refunds and a potential loss of customers. This was very disappointing.

We understand that previous local online retailers’ actions have caused a large distrust among the public about local online retailers. In this regard, it is unfortunate that we feel this “warning” was made. To clarify a few of the matters raised:

1. We have acknowledged criticisms that have been made against us and where appropriate, have taken steps to try and reduce any future concerns.

2. We have not breached any customer’s privacy and take our obligations under the Privacy Act very seriously.

3. The volume of the multiple enquiries appears to be misunderstood. We are not talking about a customer following up a couple times on a query over the course of time; we are talking about customers who send upwards of 20 emails a day, repetitively.

4. The feedback thread on OTCA (at 405 posts at the time of writing this), whilst detailing issues some members of that forum have raised, also includes a significant number of positive feedback comments.

We intend on discussing these matters with these Facebook groups to ensure that there are no misunderstandings.

-What we are doing to address concerns

The main cause of concern that we are hearing is a lack of communication. Whilst a lot of the queries can be addressed through our help desk or by looking at item pages for updated ETAs, we acknowledge that there are some queries we are not addressing in a timely manner. We have taken the following steps recently to try and address these concerns:

~The introduction of Zendesk and the implemented help desk, which gives users the tools to find answers such as where to find updated ETA's on Pre-Orders.

~The removal of the TBI Crate and “4 for free” shipping options; the lack of autonomy with this service created a backlog of inquiries, despite our best efforts to show in detail how to use the service.

~The creation of monthly public updates distributed through our Facebook page and group, published in the News and Updates section of the help desk with links made available also on Twitter. This will be further improved to include a mass email send out to those that have opted-in to receive marketing emails from us.

~Scaling back quantities of goods that we sell.

~Being more selective in what we offer.

~We are also looking into ways of adopting a Deposit Pre-Order system, which will hopefully help reduce any concerns about your money being tied up for extensive periods of time.

The removal of the TBI Crate is very disappointing for us and we suggest that those who have not viewed our news section on the website should do so to understand the reasons why this has happened. This action alone should significantly reduce the number of email queries we receive.

Furthermore, we have been actively seeking a retail location here in Bundaberg, especially after the success and support the locals have shown us when we attend markets and conventions. We hope that once established it will further reassure and reiterate the legitimacy of our long-term goals with TBI.

The majority of you know that we do not have the capacity to send correspondence to each individual who has a delayed item. This is why we constantly update our website with changed ETAs as well as providing stock and pre-order updates in our news section on the website. If there is an item’s ETA that has not been updated and has passed the estimated delivery date, we welcome any queries regarding such items. We are likely waiting on updates from our suppliers regarding delivery times.

As we source the vast majority of our goods from overseas, we have no control over the expected delivery dates of the goods we order. This is why we only ever state an “Estimated Arrival”. We try to be as accurate as possible and acknowledge that it must be frustrating when there are multiple changes made to estimated delivery dates.

We know we are not perfect and we can’t please everyone. Some queries may slip through the cracks and we miss them completely. It happens and for that we are truly sorry.

On a positive note, we have received a lot of supportive emails and messages over the last few days and we would like to thank all of you who continue to support TBI. Your faith in us is not misplaced. It is not always easy to ask for patience as we try and address communication concerns, but keep in mind we are dedicated to ensuring these issues are not ongoing.

-Kylie and Stuart Flynn

GoktimusPrime
10th November 2019, 02:53 PM
We have had no circumstances where we have been unable to deliver any goods ordered and we don't foresee circumstances where this will change.
I know of at least two people who never had their ordered goods delivered, so this statement is untrue.
To TBI's credit, both people did receive full refunds, but just pointing out that there have been at least two instances where they were unable to deliver goods ordered.

And this does not include my MP Cordon which was never delivered, as that was the courier's fault, not TBI's (and TBI did refund me). In the cases I'm talking about the goods were simply never delivered at all.

TAAUBlaster
10th November 2019, 04:21 PM
First of all, we want to assure the public at large that there is no risk that any goods that you have ordered will not be delivered. We have had no circumstances where we have been unable to deliver any goods ordered and we don’t foresee circumstances where this will change.

I call bull. I'd been waiting for almost a year for my order, which was originally released back in November last year. Their "supplier" continuously pushed back the release date further and further (the rare times I was able to get an answer out of them.) Despite my concern of the item obviously not being able to be sourced, they point blank refused to refund me. I ended up doing a credit card chargeback.

Got burned with TFIDU (though to his credit he was the only one to eventually refund me,) PC (lost a small fortune) and now TBI. So, I'm done. They sucked all the fun out of collecting modern lines for me. Sticking to vintage from now on. Fuck Australian online Transformer stores - none of them are getting another cent from me.

Omega Metro
10th November 2019, 04:29 PM
I know of at least two people who never had their ordered goods delivered, so this statement is untrue.
To TBI's credit, both people did receive full refunds, but just pointing out that there have been at least two instances where they were unable to deliver goods ordered.

And this does not include my MP Cordon which was never delivered, as that was the courier's fault, not TBI's (and TBI did refund me). In the cases I'm talking about the goods were simply never delivered at all.

Agree. I have had a few items that they could not supply. I did get refunded though but was a lot of work to do so.

ZoonMaster5000
10th November 2019, 05:36 PM
And I?m another except I didn?t get refunded. But I shall be remaining quiet on the matter until it?s resolved.

hYpNoS
11th November 2019, 12:04 AM
I call bull. I'd been waiting for almost a year for my order, which was originally released back in November last year. Their "supplier" continuously pushed back the release date further and further (the rare times I was able to get an answer out of them.) Despite my concern of the item obviously not being able to be sourced, they point blank refused to refund me. I ended up doing a credit card chargeback.

Got burned with TFIDU (though to his credit he was the only one to eventually refund me,) PC (lost a small fortune) and now TBI. So, I'm done. They sucked all the fun out of collecting modern lines for me. Sticking to vintage from now on. Fuck Australian online Transformer stores - none of them are getting another cent from me.
I feel you, I had the same situation, I just pushed the point when during a fb update I saw some of my items mentioned and kept pushing the point, mind you kept it to one email a month and only drove the point harder when they did make promises.

I did eventually got my orders and an apology as they accepted fault for not keeping up, but one thing to note is when I (often) suggested a refund they just dodged that entirely, and there was something else with my last order that was strange, maybe because I got my notification that it was coming 3 days after our email exchange but no tracking I can't quite remember.

I stopped trusting aussie retail after that, except for zing, but thanks to their cost and slower delivery windows I'm just slowly backing out of the hobby, only way to recoupe what I lost with PC...**** that guy who ran it, still makes me rage

dsaint
11th November 2019, 09:56 AM
None of my orders had changed ETAs when I checked the Toybot Importz page.

I eventually received my near full order, but one item is wrong and one item is missing - I really don't know if I can be hassled trying to get them, I might just chargeback for the missing item.

Unfortunately their "clearing the air" statement does not restore trust. You shouldn't need to sign up to a facebook page for customer service for items you have paid for through an online storefront. I emailed them three times through the address provided on the website, once a fortnight and received no response. I then signed up to the facebook page, was approved for one inquiry that was never answered. Two further inquiries, each a week apart were not approved. They pick and choose which queries they respond to - only got any answer after I stuck my query in as a reply to a comment. If you are one of the lucky ones where everything is in stock you'll get an answer sometimes with a photo of a box about to be posted, but otherwise nothing.

I realise its a small business but don't expand your customer base and range of products, if youre not prepared to shoulder additional costs for customer service, ie cut into your profit margins by paying someone to assist. If they don't want to do that, then only operate at a level where the two of you are able to run the business outside of your full-time jobs. If that means cutting back dramatically on your offerings, so be it. Better to provide a good service for your small but profitable business then to provide a terrible service, where it seems they can't manage the day-to-day logistics of the scale they have expanded to.

I have received previous items from them, but each time the order was posted AFTER queries were made, rather than as part of a normal business operations.

I luckily was not burnt by PC and I am willing to be very, very patient given these are toys and not life saving devices, but if you have taken a not insubstantial portion of money from to provide goods or a service, I expect some follow-up or even pro-active customer service. Its a shame, as I would like to support small domestic operations, but outside of ToysandBeyond, Robotoyz, Xavier and Uncle Petes Toys, I will no longer patronise small online only stores.

None of this is to say it is ok to harass, intimidate and insult the store owners - one should always act like a reasonable adult person.

My two cents, for what its worth.

TaZZerath
11th November 2019, 11:17 AM
"We have had no circumstances where we have been unable to deliver any goods ordered and we don't foresee circumstances where this will change."

Hmmmmm.... is that so?

Well, I for one have posted my feedback in here quite a bit but lets just summarize and if need be expand later:
* I preordered by LG-EX Big Powered and used (then-)Oxipay to pay it off in instalments
* I waited patiently even past the expected ETA
* I sent direct emails, Messenger messages and correpsondence via the "Contact Us" option of their website
* All my emails were professional, non-abusive emails
* I still posted via the feedback that for those who have had positive experiences that was great
* Upon receiving multiple replies of dead silence, I eventually had to follow up with a sterner email explaining additional action may be required
* I FINALLY received confirmation that the order was there, all I had to do was pay shipping (I had gone via their TBI crate option without realising) and it would be posted immediately
* I replied that I would pay this however due to lack of communication did they feel it was fair when a customer has an actual complaint raised about no communication for a status update that paying extra money was fair? (no reply given)
* I paid the shipping the next day and continued to wait
* I attempted more follow ups and even started just sending one email a day requesting an update (ONE email a day, NOT 20+)
* Finally following advice on this thread, I contacted both the Queensland Consumer Affairs and lodged a complaint (with evidence), and using a two-pronged approach I contacted Humm/Oxipay and explained my situation to them
* Humm/Oxipay got in first, and told me a refund was on its way. I then received confirmation from TBI that a refund had been processed. I also asked if the additional shipping I paid would be refunded and they assured me it would (guess what, it never did)
* Queensland Consumer Affairs got back to me and said this situation was now resolved.

While the shipping could've been followed up, honestly I was just too tired to care about this ordeal any more. I never got my Big Powered and funneled the money into Jetfire instead (plus redistributed the leftovers).

At no time was I abusive, at no time did I flood their email correspondence.

Tha_Phantom
12th November 2019, 01:04 PM
Here is the update and original post from TCCA and TFDU:

REGARDING TOYBOT IMPORTZ
(Updated Nov 12 2019): Last week, a notice was posted warning members of our groups against doing business with Toybot Importz for practices considered unacceptable by the admins of TCCA and TFDU. On Saturday, the company posted a response to our complaint, committing to improve their customer service practices and detailing a change in shipping policies that will hopefully reduce the volume of customer service enquiries.
We are encouraged by the response, and look forward to seeing these improvements. Further, we wish them well as they look to set up a physical retail store.
TCCA is restoring the company’s positive feedback rating, and will allow the company’s ads to be placed in the BST group, but a link to this thread will remain in the feedback file. In six months’ time, if the situation has indeed improved by our judgement, we will remove the link and this post.
TFDU has not placed Toybot Importz on its bad seller list and invite them to post ads in our group again. However, the concerns raised by customers were valid, so neither this or the original ‘warning’ will be removed at any point. We may also add TBI to our bad sellers list at a later date if we feel that not enough positive change has occurred.
We recognise that change can’t happen overnight and takes time. For now, we are happy to take the company’s commitment to improve on face value, but we will take action to warn and protect our members again if we start to see negative feedback dominate discussion about the company again in the future.
The original text of our complaint is reproduced below for reference.

——-8<-----

WARNING: TOYBOT IMPORTZ
The admins of both major Australian Transformers Facebook groups are today taking action against Toybot Importz, a well-known Australian online retailers and frequent advertiser in our Facebook groups.
We are recommending that anyone with outstanding orders and transactions from Toybot Importz check the status of their order(s) and monitor them closely.
This follows months of unacknowledged public feedback and criticism from buyers.
Criticisms in general revolve around lack of timely response (in many cases, any response at all) to enquiries over multiple weeks, sometimes even months. This is unacceptable behaviour from a business that's already taken customers' money.
Further, we find that making light of paying customers' enquiries by revealing received queries on Facebook posts is unacceptable, and could constitute a breach of customers' privacy.
Finally, complaining that customers are sending multiple enquiries about orders, causing delays in processing enquiries is unacceptable. If customers don't receive a response to their enquiry, of course they'll resend it. This is a vicious cycle, and it's Toybot Importz' responsibility to handle such enquiries.
There is also a feedback thread some 40 pages long on OTCA detailing issues customers have had with the business.
It is time to act on these signs from the community.
Both TFDU and TCCA will no longer accept ads from Toybot Importz and its owner Stuart Flynn in our groups. TCCA will be deleting positive feedback from its retailer feedback list for the company and leaving a note recommending against placing future orders.
Our message is simple: You've taken money from customers for items, and it's your responsibility to answer queries about orders. If a release date slips, let customers who've ordered the item know. If your CRM system cannot handle the enquiries load, get one that does.
We welcome a public explanation, feedback, apology or assurance from Toybot Importz that such behaviour will cease. Until such time as this happens, the above restrictions and recommendations against continuing to do business with the company will remain in effect.
Please feel free to discuss this decision with any of our groups' admins.
Signed
TCCA Admins
- Brad, Jason, Dylan, Tyson, Chris
TFDU Admins
- Michael, Adam, Ben

unexpectedpanda
29th November 2019, 10:54 AM
Guess I'll relate my experience.

Pre-ordered Fans Toys Phoenix in May 2019 for $330.90, the expected delivery date being July.

Emailed in August for an update, no response.

Followed up in October, no response.

Take in mind both of these requests went through ZenDesk, a ticketing system that makes it hard for anything to "slip through the cracks".

I tried to join their customer Facebook group. No response.

Filed a PayPal complaint in November as buyer protection was running out. The initial stage contacts the seller. No response.

Escalated to PayPal 10 days later, and 11 days after that, they haven't even responded to PayPal. PayPal decides in my favour and I get a refund.

Throughout this entire time, the product page was never updated with a new date, nor was Phoenix included in their pre-order lists that they posted with updated timelines.

Here's the sting in the tail. Just today, I discovered the figure on eBay on what seems to be their tbi_collectables account (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fans-Toys-FT-10-Phoenix-Transformers-Masterpiece-Jetfire/264538382714) as "Found Stock whilst doing a stocktake. 1 Only Brand New and Sealed", for $479.95.

I'm a little floored, to be honest.

This is the second time I've missed out on Phoenix, the first when Premium Collectables also failed to honour the purchase.

Update: Edited to add extra detail and clarity.

yoshi594
29th November 2019, 09:04 PM
anyone else concerned that they are almost ALWAYS ON SALE?

ZoonMaster5000
29th November 2019, 10:55 PM
Here's the sting in the tail. Just today, I discovered the figure on eBay on what seems to be their tbi_collectables account (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fans-Toys-FT-10-Phoenix-Transformers-Masterpiece-Jetfire/264538382714) as "Found Stock whilst doing a stocktake. 1 Only Brand New and Sealed", for $479.95.

I'm a little floored, to be honest.

This is the second time I've missed out on Phoenix, the first when Premium Collectables also failed to honour the purchase.

Update: Edited to add extra detail and clarity.

Interesting I had the same thing happen with fans toys maverick I got the early bird price of $169.95 no updates, no contact then when I used Humm to escalate and see if they could make contact the money was refunded at my request? And then it appears on their eBay site as found during stocktake and highly inflated.

Surely this is illegal? As they obviously had no intention of sending me the item otherwise they would have when Humm asked what?s going on.

yoshi594
2nd December 2019, 05:56 PM
you can no longer create a new post on the TBI's Customer HQ fb group without their APPROVAL. There weren't that many new posts to being with but this is their way of containing the outrage.

unexpectedpanda
2nd December 2019, 09:30 PM
Interesting I had the same thing happen with fans toys maverick I got the early bird price of $169.95 no updates, no contact then when I used Humm to escalate and see if they could make contact the money was refunded at my request? And then it appears on their eBay site as found during stocktake and highly inflated.

Surely this is illegal? As they obviously had no intention of sending me the item otherwise they would have when Humm asked what?s going on.

Sorry to hear you had the same experience. It's extremely poor form on their behalf.

While it's tempting to chalk it up to something sinister, I'm wondering if it's just flat out ineptitude and poor business skills. It's possible that they don't read their emails, or read them but get distracted and forget there's an action to carry out. It's also possible that their inventory management is terrible, so they don't realise that they have something to ship out to someone -- until that someone forces a refund due to their repeated lack of response, which draws their attention to it. Then instead of saying sorry, admitting fault, and trying to make good with the customer -- they figure the trust is already broken, continue the wall of silence, find the stock in their inventory and sell at a higher price on eBay.

Sinister or incompetent, the message is the same. Don't buy from them.

Batfan007
5th December 2019, 07:47 PM
I don't understand their "we don't refund" nonsense.
That's not australian consumer law, so I don't get why they think they can just play by their own rules.
It's nonsense.

Any reasonable business if you order something and they just flat out can't get it - would refund you. Not doing that is just bad business 101.
Why it is that so many retail companies get this, but somehow when it comes to "collectibles" dealers feel like they can just ignore what works for everyone else and makes sense for any normal retail business.

UPDATE:

Still no updates on request for a refund on a couple items (that they did not get, and are around 8 months overdue) I put my "request" in but have heard nothing back. I forget when I put that new request in, but maybe dix weeks ago?
It's a new one and nothing to do with my previous post.

Still have my omega order with them - which I pre-ordered.

I see 1 person on FB says they got their one (SIEGE Omeag) . But have not had any update to the order page on TBI. Will post when/if I actually get it.

Not too hopeful on refunds for the other two items that they could not get, and I have 2-3 other misc things which should have arrived by now but news about them either.

If they don't refund for the two missing items (that they never got), then yeah I'm done and won't be ordering there any more.

I went ahead and picked up some stuff from amazon, seeing as I never got it from TBI - rather than more months going by, everything selling out and not being able to get them at all.

EDIT:

They did change pre-orders to "shipping" but nothing yet on my order page as you can see below. And no emails about anything shipping either (as in shipments posted) that you get when stuff ships to notify of delivery.

https://i.imgur.com/4rnzaU9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cTKiMe8.jpg

Also nothing further on my other outstanding orders.
Listed below all

Planet X Grimlock
Gen Select Smokescreen
SIEGE Thundercracker
SIEGE Mirage
SIEGE Omega
SIEGE AstroTrain

Batfan007
5th December 2019, 07:59 PM
Not so much, they have thay every other month to help clear out old stock of unsold items.

Dinkydarth
6th December 2019, 06:28 PM
Took a chance with two in stock items on black Friday. Still no shipping notice after a week. Should I email them or just wait? Don't want to clog up the line...

Scratch that-. I just checked my account and it shows shipment yesterday.

Batfan007
6th December 2019, 07:51 PM
I've had no issue ever with "in stock" stuff, usually ships out fine in 2-3 weeks.

But due to having about $700-800 of stuff MIA right now, I'm just not buying anything new.

Batfan007
7th December 2019, 11:05 PM
Got a response today from my most recent query which was put in some time in last 4-6 weeks, not sure when exactly.

Requested refunds on some overdue outstanding items that are not in stock, and have not had any updates on in months.

Reponse was
1. Not getting a refund /we don't do that.
2. The items are coming

But no hint as to *WHEN they will actually get them like will it be 1 month? 6 months? Who knows.

*Not addressed in any of their "updates" on facebook. Not updated or mentioned on their site or order page. Still just "MIA" indefinitely with no end date in sight.
....I hate to say "shifting goal posts" cos we all know where THAT leads.

I'll give it to feb 2020 at latest and TRUST that they will deliver the items (for items already 3-6 months overdue) and then I think I'll be forced to do bank chargebacks - only if 1. items never turn up (hopefully they will) 2. They don't refund......so what choice am I left with? Throwing more money in the gutter?

Yeah They have lost my business for good that's for sure.

Around 3 years as a customer and they clearly DO NOT value my business at all.

Oh well, at least they responded - rather than not at all like two other aussie importer companies that did similar things that come to mind and pissed off a lot of people.

NOTE: I only got a response (to my customer query) after having posted a comment on their FB page. Otherwise it was looking nice it would not get answered and I was wondering.. how long is reasonable before making new query? IS one a month too much? I've only put one at all in recent months, and that was not until the previous query (diff items) was settled.

dsaint
10th December 2019, 07:37 AM
Once as week is not "too much" to be inquiring. They have the time to apparently source new stock, have sales, update their web site listings and respond to "positive" comments on their facebook page.

They choose to prioritise their time in a way that results in customer contact being right at the bottom of their pile. And I would do a chargeback now - they have refused to provide a refund, and they cannot provide a date for the product to arrive - they are not fulfilling their end of the contract with you, the consumer.

I only got a response after intruding with comments to other people's stories on their customer facebook page - they would not approve me posting queries after my initial, unanswered one.

DarkHyren
10th December 2019, 10:42 AM
Reponse was
1. Not getting a refund /we don't do that.
2. The items are comingAsking for a refund due to them constantly missing delivery dates is not you the customer asking for a change of mind refund, which they are entitled to say no to, it's you asking for a refund due to failure to deliver which is covered under ACCC guidelines (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/non-delivery-of-products-services).
I've said it before but I'll say it again. They can put whatever they like in their terms but if those terms break Australian consumer laws then they are invalidated, no store terms can supersede a customers consumer rights (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund#-no-refund-signs-and-expired-warranties).

I mentioned this stuff before in the debacle with he who shall not be named. Businesses must not accept payment for products if they know, or should have known, they would not be able to supply the products within the timeframe indicated.
And based on what is now at least a year of them failing to meet delivery dates for many customers they very well should know that they cant/wont meet the dates they have listed on their website.
Them saying "those dates are just estimates" is not an acceptable excuse as far as the ACCC is concerned, if an item is a month overdue any customer is entitled to a full refund if they don't wish to wait and see how things play out.

Wait as long as you wish but I suggest you keep in mind your chargeback deadlines (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/24252-Premium-Collectables-(PC)-not-refunding-help-is-here-for-doing-charge-backs), even if they say "the items are coming next week" if next week would put you over a deadline open the case.
We've seen online stores use that tactic in the past as a way to make people miss their chargeback windows so it's not worth the risk even if they are being honest and it's definitely certainly in the mail.
Chargeback cases can always be closed if the vendor delivers but they cant be opened if the deadlines have passed.

unexpectedpanda
10th December 2019, 06:26 PM
It does make me wonder if all these unreliable Australian stores have had the same dodgy supplier, and if their arms have been tied in some fashion regarding non-disclosure of late delivery reasons.

ozlee
10th December 2019, 11:05 PM
This is getting ridiculous - I have emailed them many times on my orders which I paid around June/July for items that supposed to arrive Sep/Oct/Nov and got no response even after I asked for a refund.
This is also starting to remind me of our old friend PC and we all know how well that went.

I am going to initiate the chargeback process before it is too late which is unfortunate.

Omega Metro
10th December 2019, 11:40 PM
I’m still waiting on FansToys Berserk which I ordered in 2017. But this still hasn’t been released (even though I’ve asked for a refund with no reply). Also waiting on 3 Siege Refraktors which has August as an arrival date. And some NECA TMNT which has an October arrival date. Looks like I need to get in touch with the QLD Fair Trading. Considering I’ve spent over $8000 with these guys and to be fobbed off, is pretty disgusting in my opinion.

yoshi594
11th December 2019, 05:35 AM
they've failed to deliver their promised order update every 10th of the month in their exclusive customer only fb group (TBI Customer HQ)

Batfan007
11th December 2019, 06:26 PM
they dont even let "customers" post in that group anymore - well not most of them anyhow

Batfan007
11th December 2019, 06:29 PM
Yeah that's what I was getting at.
I went through all this BS with PC way back when.

Batfan007
11th December 2019, 06:31 PM
Asking for a refund due to them constantly missing delivery dates is not you the customer asking for a change of mind refund, which they are entitled to say no to, it's you asking for a refund due to failure to deliver which is covered under ACCC guidelines (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/non-delivery-of-products-services).
I've said it before but I'll say it again. They can put whatever they like in their terms but if those terms break Australian consumer laws then they are invalidated, no store terms can supersede a customers consumer rights (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund#-no-refund-signs-and-expired-warranties).

I mentioned this stuff before in the debacle with he who shall not be named. Businesses must not accept payment for products if they know, or should have known, they would not be able to supply the products within the timeframe indicated.
And based on what is now at least a year of them failing to meet delivery dates for many customers they very well should know that they cant/wont meet the dates they have listed on their website.
Them saying "those dates are just estimates" is not an acceptable excuse as far as the ACCC is concerned, if an item is a month overdue any customer is entitled to a full refund if they don't wish to wait and see how things play out.

Wait as long as you wish but I suggest you keep in mind your chargeback deadlines (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/24252-Premium-Collectables-(PC)-not-refunding-help-is-here-for-doing-charge-backs), even if they say "the items are coming next week" if next week would put you over a deadline open the case.
We've seen online stores use that tactic in the past as a way to make people miss their chargeback windows so it's not worth the risk even if they are being honest and it's definitely certainly in the mail.
Chargeback cases can always be closed if the vendor delivers but they cant be opened if the deadlines have passed.

Yeah that's what I was getting at.
I went through all this BS with PC way back when.

I'm waiting til at least Jan, and if they STILL can't deliver (or have shipping notice) of the overdie otmes I'll really have no choice but to try bank chargebacks.

I don't want to..........but what option are they leaving for people?
The infinitely shifting goal posts, the never arriving items and the shitty attitude they have now towards their customers are not winning them any more customers.

Been buying from there for around 3 years, and I can't beliieve how badly things have detoriated in the last 12 months.

STILL no notification of any of the overdue items on 11/12/19

Yeah the FB pages now you can post a comment on existing post, sending a post or msg to page just goes to limbo.
My last one was "pending" for two months. It was just asking about the previous order from november last year (the one they DID refund for and never received)
Yet they can't refund for this years missing orders?

If you give your monet to a Jordan Belfort, you don't expect to see it again, I trusted TBI, they had a good rep but their business practices lately are not trustworthy in my opinion.

https://i.imgur.com/IswWq4d.jpg

Batfan007
11th December 2019, 06:34 PM
Asking for a refund due to them constantly missing delivery dates is not you the customer asking for a change of mind refund, which they are entitled to say no to, it's you asking for a refund due to failure to deliver which is covered under ACCC guidelines (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/non-delivery-of-products-services).

Thanks for the tips /reminding me.

I may have to do that sooner than later for the reasons you mentioned.

Batfan007
11th December 2019, 06:48 PM
I’m still waiting on FansToys Berserk which I ordered in 2017. But this still hasn’t been released (even though I’ve asked for a refund with no reply). Also waiting on 3 Siege Refraktors which has August as an arrival date. And some NECA TMNT which has an October arrival date. Looks like I need to get in touch with the QLD Fair Trading. Considering I’ve spent over $8000 with these guys and to be fobbed off, is pretty disgusting in my opinion.

It is.

I received my Reflector from them around mid year. So that one is a bit odd.
NECA stuff typically sells out in the US, and import stores have to wait for another run or whatever stock is not alloted already to usa (im guessing, but it appears that way)
I've made no new orders at TBI in last two months and I did order some neca shredder/ movie 6" stuff with Robotoyz. Just one items / order for now and will see how that goes. I've bought there before but only in stock items.
I've been going with them now for speciality stuff, amazon for hasbro stuff (as they actually SHIP it) and show Z for 3P type stuff, as found them super reliable over last four years.

DarkHyren
12th December 2019, 05:51 AM
It does make me wonder if all these unreliable Australian stores have had the same dodgy supplier, and if their arms have been tied in some fashion regarding non-disclosure of late delivery reasons.While yes it's likely that certain stores use shady characters that basically only buy dead stock and stock that's fallen off the back of a truck I'm very doubtful that there is some contract forbidding these retailers from saying "our supplier is having trouble sourcing these items, sorry".
It's way more likely that they just don't want to admit that they are using unreliable suppliers in order to cut costs since stating that means they are admitting they can't guarantee that any orders will be fulfilled, which should obligate them under Australian law to refund any customers that don't wish to play some kind of lottery when they are trying to buy toys.

IIRC this was confirmed as the type of supplier that PC was using and we found out near the end that he hadn't secured any stock, that he was basically taking money for items that might become available but were in no way guaranteed.
Since taking payment in full for items that might not ever be able to be provided is at the least in a legally grey area it's no wonder these stores would rather just say "shipping/manufacturing issues", when they deign to say anything at all.
A lot of the more reputable stores that don't have guaranteed stock secured, or that sell pre orders for items that might fail to reach the manufacturing stage (for example, any cancelled third party "masterpiece" toys), only take a deposit which generally is fully refundable.

At the end of the day we can only make educated guesses but it certainly makes one want to avoid small Australian retail and stick with major retailers and overseas businesses.

I’m still waiting on FansToys Berserk which I ordered in 2017. But this still hasn’t been released (even though I’ve asked for a refund with no reply). Also waiting on 3 Siege Refraktors which has August as an arrival date. And some NECA TMNT which has an October arrival date. Looks like I need to get in touch with the QLD Fair Trading. Considering I’ve spent over $8000 with these guys and to be fobbed off, is pretty disgusting in my opinion.You are completely entitled to a full refund for items that have not only been manufactured but are also widely available in retail stores but things might be a bit trickier with items that have legitimately been delayed.
It might still fall under breech of sale laws however, even though there was no product to provide the store still made a promise to deliver by a certain date and failed to meet that date, so I think they are still legally obligated to honor any refund request made.
Definitely talk to fair trading but due to how much time has passed since you ordered FansToys Berserk you might only be able to take them to court if you want to see that money again. Or hope that if it does get released (BBTS says releasing this month but TFSource says not till Feb so it's anyones guess) they actually send you one.

Thanks for the tips /reminding me.

I may have to do that sooner than later for the reasons you mentioned.No worries, it is sad when good options for getting these items for reasonable prices go bad since we generally have to overpay for anything but it seems to be a continuing trend.
After the issues I had with TBI last year I could see the writing on the wall and thought it would only be a matter of time before things got worse, I was hoping I'd be wrong and I could start shopping with them again with confidence but it isn't to be.
So while it may end up costing more I've taken most of my business overseas and to Amazon as well as reliability matters so much more.

ArchAngelDM
13th December 2019, 03:52 PM
I've lodged a dispute with Humm. whilst I haven't been waiting as long for my item as others, I find their blas? approach to customer service to be disturbing. I pre-ordered New Age Megs (limited Edition) paid in full via Humm. Apparently it has been delayed, although other Australian online retailers have had the item since Late September. It took a while to receive a response from Stuart, who I must say is quite arrogant considering the negative feedback their poor excuse for a business has received as of late. I have requested a refund on multiple occasions, he has blatantly refused referring to their Terms and Conditions which they mistakenly believe override Australian consumer law. Apparently the item is stuck in customs since 19 November, their site still states it is en-route. They seem to be full of the same excuses in their play book. I would rather my hard earned money not line their pockets and refunded back in mine. I believe in giving everyone a go, however from what I have witnessed and read, I would not waste my money on Toybot Importz. They seem to have their staunch supporters though.

GoktimusPrime
13th December 2019, 08:08 PM
Everything is very reminiscent of what happened with Premium Collectables. Also, that Jonathan Sorensen guy was previously backing TBI to the hilt -- which in itself is fine -- but was also being really belligerent towards any would-be critics of TBI! :eek: In a previous post he said:

Ignore anyone who is just to spit venom and bile for (sic). Trouble makers (sic) don't make good customers, let them move on!"
I can understand singing TBI praise if his personal experience has been nothing but positive. That's perfectly fine. But to go and attack other people for criticising them? Really? :confused: Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and all of our opinions are going to be based on our individual experiences with TBI. But to rubbish other people's views just because they're contrary to his own? :confused: It also makes this person look silly now that he's singing a different tune, as according to his very own words, he is now a venom-spitting troublemaker (his words, not mine).

This is why emotive language and logical fallacies like ad homina should just be left out of discussions. Had this person just said all those positive things and left it there, then he wouldn't look silly. Basically the positive words he said at the time were true, and the negative comments that he's saying now is also true. Both are true in the context of when they were posted, because really - it wasn't all that long ago that TBI was still reliable. It's actually quite astounding how they've allowed everything to fall down so quickly, and the reason why many customers tolerated them for so long is because they used to be trustworthy. And the reason why so many customers are angry now is because they feel that TBI have betrayed that trust. :(

DaptoDog
13th December 2019, 09:51 PM
The lesson for all of us is to never pre-order items from these small time Australian online sellers. It just always ends in tears. They are not built to handle volume. They are no cheaper than the big international online retailers anyway and at best you are waiting months extra to receive your order.

IF you must do business with them, only order in stock items through them and pay through PayPal with credit card or use humm, Afterpay etc for the protection. All pre-orders should be made with reputable international retailers using PayPal. The only domestic retailers I would pre-order from are Zing or Amazon.

I have empathy for everyone who has been through this. I've been caught too but thankfully always got my money back with chargebacks etc. It's just a pain to have to deal with that so the best option is to avoid these situations.

Hope everyone is able to get a resolution.

yoshi594
13th December 2019, 10:39 PM
The lesson for all of us is to never pre-order items from these small time Australian online sellers. It just always ends in tears. .

That's a bit much. There are other aussie online toy shops with no problems like robo toyz. You just need to do your research before purchasing. How responsive they are, how transparent they are, how detailed are their updates, and you have to read their policies! Tbi has one about no refunds, sorry mate, consumer law overrides ur bull****.

They still haven't posted their update and the non update they gave said some items are en route. What does enroute even mean in this case. one of the items en route was mp-43 megatron and that came out in march LOL.

yoshi594
13th December 2019, 10:53 PM
it wasn't all that long ago that TBI was still reliable. It's actually quite astounding how they've allowed everything to fall down so quickly, and the reason why many customers tolerated them for so long is because they used to be trustworthy. And the reason why so many customers are angry now is because they feel that TBI have betrayed that trust. :(

Wasn't PC the best thing since sliced bread the first 2 years they were in operation?
TBI have definitely gone down the route of PC with their non updates, very poor customer service response time, and they are outright banning ppl from their TBI customer HQ PRIVATE facebook page.

They also keep posting new products like PC did. How hard is it to be transparent with ur customers?

I feel sympathetic to people that purchased from TBI, I had my doubts with them with their Terms and conditions. I remember when they first started, their T&C were a cut and paste from PC? which led to many believing they were a 2nd PC.

DaptoDog
13th December 2019, 11:29 PM
That's a bit much. There are other aussie online toy shops with no problems like robo toyz. You just need to do your research before purchasing. How responsive they are, how transparent they are, how detailed are their updates, and you have to read their policies! Tbi has one about no refunds, sorry mate, consumer law overrides ur bull****.

They still haven't posted their update and the non update they gave said some items are en route. What does enroute even mean in this case. one of the items en route was mp-43 megatron and that came out in march LOL.

I've had one interaction with Robo Toyz on ebay for an in-stock order and it was positive so no knock on them. Problem is for every good one I can name so many ones that started well and then went downhill. Off the top of my head, first it was TFI Downunder, then PC and now TBI and TLTC.

I've never had any issues with Nippon-Yasan, Robot Kingdom etc and I've not had to do all that research. These are very large sellers and they deliver quickly at very competitive prices.

Each to their own but I'm just tired of seeing all these people screwed out of their hard earned.

1AZRAEL1
13th December 2019, 11:30 PM
Gok, I think he was probably talking about people spitting venom and bile at TBI, personal attacks and such. Also imo, whilst I understand frustration, those kinds of people don't make good customers. You can criticise, but as soon as you descend to that level then their true colours show. Ask anyone who works in customer service.

Batfan007
14th December 2019, 07:07 PM

Yeah, and that was added in later on when it was not well known about this "policy". I could be wrong, but it was not anywhere clearly visible and then they started playing it up and mentioning it more and more.
As if mentioning a BS policy more often - that is not legal in Australia to begin with - makes it more valid.

Batfan007
14th December 2019, 07:10 PM
Personally I will not be buying from smaller oz import places now or in the future, and if I get the odd purchase (elsewhere, never again at TBI) it will be in stock stuff.

I don't mind delays. I don't care if something takes 6-12 months. But when something does not turn up at all - and they refuse to refund - that's just total BS. Like get out of town with that sort of attitude.

***Most reliable I have found this year have been amazon and popcultcha - never had any issues, if an item becomes not availble for any reason - it's an automatic refund that I don't have to even ask about, let alone spend six months chasing after.***

Those are "real" businesses imo, these smaller ones are so fly by night with their nonsense that I have just had a gutful of it over the last 3 years, and the thing that stings the most is the never ending excuses.

Batfan007
14th December 2019, 07:16 PM
Everything is very reminiscent of what happened with Premium Collectables. Also, that Jonathan Sorensen guy was previously backing TBI to the hilt -- which in itself is fine -- but was also being really belligerent towards any would-be critics of TBI! :eek: In a previous post he said:

I can understand singing TBI praise if his personal experience has been nothing but positive. That's perfectly fine. But to go and attack other people for criticising them? Really? :confused: Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and all of our opinions are going to be based on our individual experiences with TBI. But to rubbish other people's views just because they're contrary to his own? :confused: It also makes this person look silly now that he's singing a different tune, as according to his very own words, he is now a venom-spitting troublemaker (his words, not mine).

This is why emotive language and logical fallacies like ad homina should just be left out of discussions. Had this person just said all those positive things and left it there, then he wouldn't look silly. Basically the positive words he said at the time were true, and the negative comments that he's saying now is also true. Both are true in the context of when they were posted, because really - it wasn't all that long ago that TBI was still reliable. It's actually quite astounding how they've allowed everything to fall down so quickly, and the reason why many customers tolerated them for so long is because they used to be trustworthy. And the reason why so many customers are angry now is because they feel that TBI have betrayed that trust. :(

I did indeed say that, and there WERE SOME people talking trash, long before there any issues, this goes back well over a year ago. Like complaining that something was like one week overdue, repeadly. Very different than say 2-12 months overdue, or not turning up at all.
their complaints are still "valid" imo, but yeah some people were being borderling trolls and just talking nasty BS - back when thing were pretty good and reliable at TBI.

I don't care about one retailer over another. If amazon delivers something I'll say "here it is, amazon delivered it" Like it's a fact that they delivered it. An I appreciate that they did.

I recommend any place/store is RELIABLE (like the comics ship I went to in person, on foot for over a decade)
But if a service delines, or FACTUALLY does things different, or just is not doing what they should be doing - I'll open talk about that.

But only here in this thread, and on the TBI pages - and nowhere else (other than private message if someone asks me about it, which some folks have)

At the end of the day I don't care about one store over another. But if a place is goor and reliable, I will go / shop there for years on end - unless there is a good reason not to. I mean it's more convenient, I don't like having to looks at like 12 diffs possible stores and sources to buy 1 product - it's ridiculous. But at least its easier with online stores and people posting sightings in threads etc.

Raider
14th December 2019, 10:01 PM
Just got notification on a huge number of bots headed my way just in time for Xmas. My money is on my wife intercepting the packages and I will find them wrapped under the Xmas tree on Xmas day. No complaints here :D

I know everyone is having mixed experiences at the moment but I have nothing but positive things to say. Yes that may annoy some who appear to have been waiting a long time (and understandably so) however my experience remains positive and I would encourage people to give them a chance.

BigTransformerTrev
15th December 2019, 01:36 PM

I did indeed say that, and there WERE SOME people talking trash, long before there any issues, this goes back well over a year ago. Like complaining that something was like one week overdue, repeadly. Very different than say 2-12 months overdue, or not turning up at all.
their complaints are still "valid" imo, but yeah some people were being borderling trolls and just talking nasty BS - back when thing were pretty good and reliable at TBI.

I don't care about one retailer over another. If amazon delivers something I'll say "here it is, amazon delivered it" Like it's a fact that they delivered it. An I appreciate that they did.

I recommend any place/store is RELIABLE (like the comics ship I went to in person, on foot for over a decade)
But if a service delines, or FACTUALLY does things different, or just is not doing what they should be doing - I'll open talk about that.

But only here in this thread, and on the TBI pages - and nowhere else (other than private message if someone asks me about it, which some folks have)

At the end of the day I don't care about one store over another. But if a place is goor and reliable, I will go / shop there for years on end - unless there is a good reason not to. I mean it's more convenient, I don't like having to looks at like 12 diffs possible stores and sources to buy 1 product - it's ridiculous. But at least its easier with online stores and people posting sightings in threads etc.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, and I may well be, but I think there are Ozformer guidelines about quoting what members have said on other forums on here. A senior member (Deluxe) shouldn't be quoting what a Dedicated Member has said on another site or referring to them as 'that guy'. Pretty disrespectful.

I think we've all had enough of whats said on the Aussie FB forums being quoted here, and certainly the other way round, eh Goktimus Prime? Lest we forget how tetchy that makes other members or how cross it makes them at the perpetrator.

Tranceblade
16th December 2019, 08:19 AM
^ I don't think members should just go about name dropping like that, also.

Props to the target for stepping up on his words, as he had no obligation to identify himself publicly on a pen-name message board.

ozlee
16th December 2019, 08:02 PM
Anyway, back to topic ... TBI is now having a 20% sale with free shipping and they could barely handle the existing orders. Is this guy crazy or what?
And isn't also what PC did when shit was hitting the fan?

yoshi594
16th December 2019, 08:08 PM
Anyway, back to topic ... TBI is now having a 20% sale with free shipping and they could barely handle the existing orders. Is this guy crazy or what?
And isn't also what PC did when shit was hitting the fan?

Also delaying his updates.

Krayt
16th December 2019, 10:34 PM
What makes me sad about reading this thread is the apparent lack of knowledge that the members here have about small business... not the delays from TBI.

They give cheap prices by probably (this is a guess) buying from overseas and importing by boat... this takes time, depends on when the container the dock loads is full enoug to send, and has to go through the port AND customs.... so no you won’t get your item on release day.

The one thing that appears to have lots of trouble arriving.... Versions of Megatron... did everyone forget he’s hard to get through customs without getting seized? That didn’t go away guys...

And as for refunds.... this isn’t big box retail with masses of funds from other areas or departments... there’s no shareholders for revenue raising... no hardware division to bail out the department store... no increase on pet food to cover savings on milk... this guy appears to be doing it right. Your money for MP-XX goes to the supplier of MP-XX, for the goods of MP-XX. So when you ask for a refund because you got tired of waiting, your money has already gone to his supplier... it’s not sitting in his bank account waiting for you to want it back. And if he was to refund, then he is stuck with an item no one wants any more, and he would ave to sell at a loss.

All this is common sense and should have been assumed when you placed your order. He had a problem with people understanding shipping and ordering... (who would have thought instock and preorder would be sent together when you paid one lot of shipping!!!) and because of this he had to change what he offered... and people still complain about (making this example up but close enough)wave 2 not arriving yet when it was ordered with wave 5... which hit retail today, so will be sent from his supplier next week sometime... we have become such a bunch of Veruca Salt’s singing “I want it now!!!” I’m embarrassed of our collecting community as a whole!

So if opyou order cheap, be patient... otherwise hope you see the 5 days it’s on preorder, pay the premium, get it from Japan and pay your gst and shipping and gst on shipping and stop complaining that you had to wait longer then those that paid for the “slow boat from China”

ozlee
16th December 2019, 10:36 PM
Also delaying his updates.

His update was a screenshot of a spreadsheet that you can barely read and all it had was "en-route" next to 90% of the items. We want dates not a spreadsheet which means nothing.
And he also threatened to ban a person for sharing it. What kind of business practice is that? This feels more and more like a cult with some people praising the owners like they are gods because they got their items delivered while there are many who received no responses to their missing items or requests for refunds. It is practically PC all over again but I hope for everyone's sake that noone will lose their money this time around because we are learning our lessons.

ozlee
16th December 2019, 10:46 PM
What makes me sad about reading this thread is the apparent lack of knowledge that the members here have about small business... not the delays from TBI.

They give cheap prices by probably (this is a guess) buying from overseas and importing by boat... this takes time, depends on when the container the dock loads is full enoug to send, and has to go through the port AND customs.... so no you won’t get your item on release day.

The one thing that appears to have lots of trouble arriving.... Versions of Megatron... did everyone forget he’s hard to get through customs without getting seized? That didn’t go away guys...

And as for refunds.... this isn’t big box retail with masses of funds from other areas or departments... there’s no shareholders for revenue raising... no hardware division to bail out the department store... no increase on pet food to cover savings on milk... this guy appears to be doing it right. Your money for MP-XX goes to the supplier of MP-XX, for the goods of MP-XX. So when you ask for a refund because you got tired of waiting, your money has already gone to his supplier... it’s not sitting in his bank account waiting for you to want it back. And if he was to refund, then he is stuck with an item no one wants any more, and he would ave to sell at a loss.

All this is common sense and should have been assumed when you placed your order. He had a problem with people understanding shipping and ordering... (who would have thought instock and preorder would be sent together when you paid one lot of shipping!!!) and because of this he had to change what he offered... and people still complain about (making this example up but close enough)wave 2 not arriving yet when it was ordered with wave 5... which hit retail today, so will be sent from his supplier next week sometime... we have become such a bunch of Veruca Salt’s singing “I want it now!!!” I’m embarrassed of our collecting community as a whole!

So if opyou order cheap, be patient... otherwise hope you see the 5 days it’s on preorder, pay the premium, get it from Japan and pay your gst and shipping and gst on shipping and stop complaining that you had to wait longer then those that paid for the “slow boat from China”

I think what is making people frustrated is not because they are not understanding how a small business works but how TBI is not transparent about their orders and not responding to emails about dates and refunds for overdue items.
You cannot just run a business that way and expect people who put in their hard earned cash to sit back and wonder if their items are coming. There are more things wrong with how he runs a business than not but I am not going to list them because I do not want to start a war here. Go and read through the previous posts and FB if you want to learn more.

Krayt
16th December 2019, 11:18 PM
I think what is making people frustrated is not because they are not understanding how a small business works but how TBI is not transparent about their orders and not responding to emails about dates and refunds for overdue items.
You cannot just run a business that way and expect people who put in their hard earned cash to sit back and wonder if their items are coming. There are more things wrong with how he runs a business than not but I am not going to list them because I do not want to start a war here. Go and read through the previous posts and FB if you want to learn more.

Every item has an ETA and the ETAs are noted as being dynamic.

Refunds are defined in the conditions as being NOT AVAILABLE.

So people who email about refunds complain they got no response... but the conditions say no refunds...

And the update is coming.... some people started complaining so he posted a work in progress shot of the update... that was NOT THE UPDATE!... it was also in a private group that isn’t to be shared outside of the group... once again, that’s the conditions of being a member of that group... so stop complaining and follow the rules while waiting for the actual update

DaptoDog
16th December 2019, 11:29 PM

MP Hound is currently sold out at TBI but has a price listed of $250 before shipping. Nippon-Yasan (NY) and Robot Kingdom (RK) for example tend to keep their MP pre-orders open up till release. Hound is $200 delivered with NY and about $210 from RK (both air shipped) and can still be pre-ordered today from both sources.

MP-49 Black Convoy is $380 before shipping on TBI but can be had for around $320 shipped from both NY and RK currently.

Sure you might be able to order these when TBI has a sale but even at the current 20% off you're no cheaper than the offshore sources on those two examples. There really is no premium for ordering offshore and MPs are not selling out in days.

1AZRAEL1
16th December 2019, 11:41 PM
I have to agree with Krayt a fair bit here. Ordering items with different release dates in the same order you have to wait for all items before they would be shipped. I don't know any that do that any differently. The crate and 4 for free idea was great until people couldn't understand that either. It was all written in terms if they were read.

As for the screenshot, it was a minor update because people were whinging saying a small update is better than none. And as for the banning someone for sharing it, one of the rules is what's said in the group stays in the group.

I've spent alot of hard earned cash on them too, but I have faith they'll deliver. Call me a cult follower if you like, I just offer an opposing view and hope to pass on some understandings.

1AZRAEL1
16th December 2019, 11:46 PM
MP Hound is currently sold out at TBI but has a price listed of $250 before shipping. Nippon-Yasan (NY) and Robot Kingdom (RK) for example tend to keep their MP pre-orders open up till release. Hound is $200 delivered with NY and about $210 from RK (both air shipped) and can still be pre-ordered today from both sources.

MP-49 Black Convoy is $380 before shipping on TBI but can be had for around $320 shipped from both NY and RK currently.

Sure you might be able to order these when TBI has a sale but even at the current 20% off you're no cheaper than the offshore sources on those two examples. There really is no premium for ordering offshore and MPs are not selling out in days.

Just as a counterpoint, does those online retailer charge the GST? Don't forget, TBI would have to pay that when ordering their stock. And the sold out part from my assumption would be their cut off date to send their orders in by sending our hard earned dollars off to the supplier to pay for them.

yoshi594
17th December 2019, 12:26 AM
so mp-43 megatron. came out in march. out everywhere for a long time. That's ok? I got my megs by boat and he arrived ages ago (~may i got mine). Small business that are successful will address their customers so they don't lose consumer confidence.

TBI's prices aren't that cheap compared to other retailers. Only the sales make them cheap.

yoshi594
17th December 2019, 12:42 AM

So people who email about refunds complain they got no response... but the conditions say no refunds...
Actually consumer law overrides anything that is contradicted in TBI's terms and conditions.

"they know, or should have known, they would not be able to supply the products or services within the timeframe indicated or if no timeframe was provided, within a reasonable time"

https://www.accc.gov.au/business/treating-customers-fairly/consumers-rights-obligations
(https://www.accc.gov.au/business/treating-customers-fairly/consumers-rights-obligations)
i'll reiterate on mp-43 megatron. it's been 8-9 months after release. That is well beyond reasonable time. If you think this is reasonable then I guess PC had an ok business model.

Mastercard also has a section for goods and services not provided found in this document that helped me win against PC.

https://www.mastercard.us/content/dam/mccom/en-us/documents/rules/chargeback-guide.pdf
(https://www.mastercard.us/content/dam/mccom/en-us/documents/rules/chargeback-guide.pdf)

ZoonMaster5000
17th December 2019, 02:41 AM

Gee that must be why I?m still waiting on 2 mp-29+ they are just sailing round the ocean enjoying themselves. Over 12 months after release is not good enough and to be told a few weeks that they never had them and would have to order more.

They must just think we are all idiots. Even as a customer I?m not privy to Stu?s secret club where he picks and chooses who gets the toys first. Which is a known fact on multiple items

DaptoDog
17th December 2019, 07:48 AM
Just as a counterpoint, does those online retailer charge the GST? Don't forget, TBI would have to pay that when ordering their stock. And the sold out part from my assumption would be their cut off date to send their orders in by sending our hard earned dollars off to the supplier to pay for them.

No GST is applicable for those retailers. Is that fair to TBI? No, but it is what it is. Even if you add GST to those import prices they are still 10%+ cheaper than TBI when you factor in TBI's shipping. So even when TBI does their usual 10-15% off sale it's basically a wash on that basis.

Also I don't fault TBI for closing their pre-orders. I just gave those examples to make the point that importing is not more expensive and that you don't have to get your pre-order in within the first few days with those sources.

Once you then take into account the quick and painless delivery, far better customer support and that you can delay payment to just before release (for NY) it's an easy decision for me.

1AZRAEL1
17th December 2019, 10:37 AM
No GST is applicable for those retailers. Is that fair to TBI? No, but it is what it is. Even if you add GST to those import prices they are still 10%+ cheaper than TBI when you factor in TBI's shipping. So even when TBI does their usual 10-15% off sale it's basically a wash on that basis.

Also I don't fault TBI for closing their pre-orders. I just gave those examples to make the point that importing is not more expensive and that you don't have to get your pre-order in within the first few days with those sources.

Once you then take into account the quick and painless delivery, far better customer support and that you can delay payment to just before release (for NY) it's an easy decision for me.

Not fair but as you say is what it is. I just had to point that out for people playing at home.

All my purchases with TBI have been painless anyway. And one of the reasons I use them over most other retailers is the HUMM and PayPal laybuy options that alot of other places don't have. Using Black Arachnia as an example, I could pay her off easily using PayPal laybuy. Because my pay fluctuates fortnight to fortnight, it's the better option for me.

Raider
17th December 2019, 02:29 PM
Pre-Order Update (https://toybotimportz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040858653-Pre-Order-Update-December-2019) has been posted for December.

yoshi594
17th December 2019, 08:28 PM
well the update doesn't include all the figures. Zoonmaster's mp-29+ isn't on the update. Enroute doesn't really tell us much as mp-43 is still enroute when it has been released in march (if there's a reissue, which i don't think there is one, it shouldn't matter as this was sold as the 1st release).

It should really say enroute and the date it was shipped to them if it hasn't arrived at their "warehouse" and then enroute and the date shipped to the customer.

Krayt
17th December 2019, 09:06 PM
MP-29+ was received damaged.... did zoonmaster have correspondence about this? And was anything else ordered with it?

ozlee
17th December 2019, 11:06 PM

And the update is coming.... some people started complaining so he posted a work in progress shot of the update... that was NOT THE UPDATE!... it was also in a private group that isn’t to be shared outside of the group... once again, that’s the conditions of being a member of that group... so stop complaining and follow the rules while waiting for the actual update

Like what yoshi594 said a business T&C cannot override the law. If a customer requests for refund because deadlines are missed and they are not getting any confidence in the business to deliver their items then they have every single right for a refund.

And I think you are missing the point - my point was ignoring customers' questions and feedback is not a good way of running a business and people have the rights to complain.

I guess you also failed to see that PC were doing exactly the same thing before they disappeared into thin air.

Omega Metro
17th December 2019, 11:53 PM
Sent a message the other day and immediately got a response. Also had a shipping email today.

Raider
18th December 2019, 08:10 PM

This is not true. It is unlawful to state that no refunds are available or words to that effect as it implies that refunds are not available in any circumstance. The T&Cs only refer to the pre-order price being non-refundable if "you choose to cancel your pre-order".

Like what yoshi594 said a business T&C cannot override the law. If a customer requests for refund because deadlines are missed and they are not getting any confidence in the business to deliver their items then they have every single right for a refund.

You need to be careful about what you are saying here. To be clear, consumers have protections under the ACL that no T&Cs can override. That is true. However, TBI's T&Cs do not seem to be breaching the ACL as far as I can tell. A business cannot have a "no refunds" clause. They must provide refunds in certain circumstances as set out in the ACL. As mentioned above, TBI does not have a "no refunds" clause. In fact, their T&Cs states:

"In the event you choose to cancel your pre-order, the full cost, including shipping, is non-refundable due to administrative costs and other fees incurred by us. We keep our product costs low by ordering in bulk and we are still obliged to pay suppliers for any pre-ordered products initially ordered. We are not able to cancel or reduce quantities from our suppliers once ordered." (emphasis added)

"Subject to any relevant legislation which restricts or prohibits the exclusion, restriction or modification of an implied warranty, condition or obligation, Toybot Importz reserves the right to limit its liability in respect of any claim to the refund of an amount equivalent to the price paid for the product or service in question."

"Our policy on returns is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law because we want you to be happy with your purchase. Please read the above carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you."

They appear to be very well aware of the position under the ACL. Now, you have stated "because deadlines are missed and they are not getting any confidence in the business to deliver their items then they have every single right for a refund". That is not true. I presume you are talking about the protections under section 36 of Schedule 2 of the ACL. The actual requirements are:

(4) A person who, in trade or commerce, accepts payment or other consideration for goods or services must supply all the goods or services:

(a) within the period specified by or on behalf of the person at or before the time the payment or other consideration was accepted; or

(b) if no period is specified at or before that time—within a reasonable time.

What is a reasonable time is not really defined. This is where it comes into an analysis of what other comparative stores are providing as their delivery times. No doubt some of the discussion about waiting 12 months past release date is likely to fall outside of a reasonable time, unless of course the item is being held to be shipped with other items that were ordered at the same time and still not available for supply.

They even state in their T&Cs "In placing a pre-order, you understand this fully and accept we are not responsible for any delays in delivery of the products beyond the listed estimated date of arrival." There is also mention that the estimate is an estimate only and that they may update "estimated dates of arrival once we are notified that products are completed and we have notification of shipping from our suppliers". This presumably goes to sub-section (5):

(5) Subsection (4) does not apply if:

(a) the person’s failure to supply all the goods or services within the period, or within a reasonable time, was due to the act or omission of another person, or to some other cause beyond the person’s control; and

(b) the person took reasonable precautions and exercised due diligence to avoid the failure.

Overall, it is not as simple as saying you have lost confidence in the business to deliver the items. The legislation requires an analysis of whether the item will be delivered within a reasonable time. If anyone has concerns about how the law applies, I suggest calling up the ACCC or Fair Trading and seeking some guidance from them.

PS: This is general guidance and not to be taken as legal advice :p

1AZRAEL1
18th December 2019, 08:30 PM
Thank you for posting a lengthy guidance lol. Makes alot of sense.

yoshi594
18th December 2019, 10:28 PM
TBI only mentions the australian consumer law once and that's on returns

"Our policy on returns is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law because we want you to be happy with your purchase. Please read the above carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you."

They however do not mention anything about the consumer law for refunds and "reasonable time". Having said that, it is a choice to cancel/ask for refund for an item that's beyond reasonable (mp-43 if not purchased with another pending item). If the person didn't know about the consumer law, they wouldn't dare to refund/cancel because of the T&C

In the event you choose to cancel your pre-order, the full cost, including shipping, is non-refundable due to administrative costs and other fees incurred by us. We keep our product costs low by ordering in bulk and we are still obliged to pay suppliers for any pre-ordered products initially ordered. We are not able to cancel or reduce quantities from our suppliers once ordered.

Most common people would not know about the "reasonable time" clause as demonstrated in this thread.

Raider
18th December 2019, 11:04 PM
They however do not mention anything about the consumer law for refunds and "reasonable time". Having said that, it is a choice to cancel/ask for refund for an item that's beyond reasonable (mp-43 if not purchased with another pending item). If the person didn't know about the consumer law, they wouldn't dare to refund/cancel because of the T&C

I'm not sure I agree with you on this. Almost any consumer knows that if you pay for a good and don't receive it that you are entitled to your money back. Further, it is not the obligations of a business to point out to consumers every legal right they may have. If they had to point out all the protections under the ACL their T&Cs would be 10 times larger. People clearly don't read them as they stand.

There needs to be a measure of responsibilty that consumers take for themselves. Some people have genuine gripes, no doubt. Some are chronic complainers where no one can meet their expectations. Others are just ignorant of taking personal responsibility. No matter which category someone may fall into, they need to ensure that they are cognisant of the fact that they need to take a measure of personal responsibilty, mixed with tempered and reaslistic expectation.

On another note, has anyone ever cancelled their pre-order and not received a full refund? Whilst their T&Cs state they won't refund in that circumstace, I bet in practice they still do. I am not counting chargeback requests or paypal disputes.

Mikael
19th December 2019, 12:19 AM
Is there a TBI representative on this forum, using an alias or otherwise? It would be helpful to see the real TBI here to respond in a similar way to the FB page. Nothing worse than heaps of questions with no real responses, nothing can be assumed otherwise. Unlike FB, would be more transparent.

Omega Metro
19th December 2019, 08:35 AM
Is there a TBI representative on this forum, using an alias or otherwise? It would be helpful to see the real TBI here to respond in a similar way to the FB page. Nothing worse than heaps of questions with no real responses, nothing can be assumed otherwise. Unlike FB, would be more transparent.

Not sure that they are commenting these days but they are definitely reading the posts.

ZoonMaster5000
19th December 2019, 08:54 AM
MP-29+ was received damaged.... did zoonmaster have correspondence about this? And was anything else ordered with it?

I was never asked if I would take a damaged box and knew nothing about it until I saw a post thanking people for taking them. I did have 1 ordered by itself and another with other items which have been delivered so no reason for them not to deliver.

They just chose to ignore me for 9 months to then say they didn?t have them and would order more. Id imagine in this situation I am well within my right to request a refund which was never offered, back to waiting probably another year I guess

jaydisc
19th December 2019, 10:32 AM
Hi Folks,

Allow me to offer some generic advice, independent of any reseller.

Australian Consumer Law is indeed awesome, and I love quoting it, but in all likelihood, other than verbally wielding it as a scare tactic, you’re probably not going to actually get to use it - as in, you’re not going to be into a situation with lawyers and a judge making a decision based upon it.

Instead, where you probably should to be focusing your attention is on the payment method.

I say this all the time, but I’m always happy to say it again:

Always pay with a credit card

If they only take PayPal, always FUND the transaction with a credit card, and you’re equally protected (just don’t use PP’s dispute system - it’s rubbish)

And for the remainder of this discussion, if you are using a "debit card", with a major credit card logo, for all relevant purposes, that’s a “credit card”.

IN ORDER TO ACCEPT credit card payments, THE MERCHANT (reseller) has agreed to terms and conditions, and in line with those terms and conditions, the credit card processors have NO TROUBLE rescinding the processing of credit cards if that merchant/reseller violates those terms enough. This why Premium Collectables started losing their ability to accept AfterPay, OxiPay, PayPal, credit cards, etc., and in their last days, all they could accept, was bank transfers.

(Don’t ever bank transfer preorders)

And, most importantly, the credit card policies THE RESELLER agreed to are very clear. If they don’t deliver, a dispute can be made, and not only will the credit card company TAKE your money back from the reseller and give it BACK to you, they’ll also charge the reseller a $20-30 punishment for the privilege (chargeback fee). The reseller can point all they want to their own terms and conditions - the credit card company will shrug, and refund your money anyway. There is only one way they won’t, and that is if the reseller provides "proof of delivery". It doesn’t even matter if the reseller no longer has your money, and/or if the credit card company can or can't claw it back…. YOU get it back regardless. There are even clauses in these terms, where if a preorder is delayed, the merchant must offer a refund.

So, while you can most certainly complain to a reseller about them infringing ACL, unless you’re going to lawyer up, it’s a pretty hollow threat. On the other hand, the power of the credit card dispute, is indisputable.

philby
19th December 2019, 12:36 PM
I don't think it is "common sense" to know that shops order stock from multiple distributors and that stock sits in ship containers waiting to be filled.
I think it is common sense that if you advertise something to be available on a date and that date goes by then you update people with a new date and explanation for the delay.

ChlorHex
19th December 2019, 01:26 PM
Hi Folks,

Allow me to offer some generic advice, independent of any reseller.

Australian Consumer Law is indeed awesome, and I love quoting it, but in all likelihood, other than verbally wielding it as a scare tactic, you’re probably not going to actually get to use it - as in, you’re not going to be into a situation with lawyers and a judge making a decision based upon it.

Instead, where you probably should to be focusing your attention is on the payment method.

I say this all the time, but I’m always happy to say it again:

Always pay with a credit card

If they only take PayPal, always FUND the transaction with a credit card, and you’re equally protected (just don’t use PP’s dispute system - it’s rubbish)

And for the remainder of this discussion, if you are using a "debit card", with a major credit card logo, for all relevant purposes, that’s a “credit card”.

IN ORDER TO ACCEPT credit card payments, THE MERCHANT (reseller) has agreed to terms and conditions, and in line with those terms and conditions, the credit card processors have NO TROUBLE rescinding the processing of credit cards if that merchant/reseller violates those terms enough. This why Premium Collectables started losing their ability to accept AfterPay, OxiPay, PayPal, credit cards, etc., and in their last days, all they could accept, was bank transfers.

(Don’t ever bank transfer preorders)

And, most importantly, the credit card policies THE RESELLER agreed to are very clear. If they don’t deliver, a dispute can be made, and not only will the credit card company TAKE your money back from the reseller and give it BACK to you, they’ll also charge the reseller a $20-30 punishment for the privilege (chargeback fee). The reseller can point all they want to their own terms and conditions - the credit card company will shrug, and refund your money anyway. There is only one way they won’t, and that is if the reseller provides "proof of delivery". It doesn’t even matter if the reseller no longer has your money, and/or if the credit card company can or can't claw it back…. YOU get it back regardless. There are even clauses in these terms, where if a preorder is delayed, the merchant must offer a refund.

So, while you can most certainly complain to a reseller about them infringing ACL, unless you’re going to lawyer up, it’s a pretty hollow threat. On the other hand, the power of the credit card dispute, is indisputable.

^This is sound advice... for any online purchase from any online store.

As for TBI, i do not have any issues with them and they've always delivered on what I'd ordered (i only purchase in stock items).

They've grown too big too quickly without a plan and it's just sad to see another aussie online toy shop repeating the same mistakes others made before them.

Mikael
20th December 2019, 06:59 PM
I've had to initiate a chargeback on an overdue item as the TBI duo haven't replied to emails over months. Left no other option really.
But note they have time to update FB, forums, and their other social media accounts.
First and last transaction.

griffin
21st December 2019, 06:31 PM
I understand why Consumer Law may need to use terms like "reasonable amount of time" because detailing a set timeframe could be abused by scammers, or be a problem to retailers who might have their hands tied by overseas suppliers or unreliable shipping mediums. (if a shipment is lost, it could take months for the supplier to send more, or have insurance cover the cost of new stock or refunds)
Because a retailer may have already paid for their stock, they could be bankrupt if one shipment is delayed and all of the customers get their money back too quickly. That's why prompt and frequent communication is the key to delaying the requests for refunds. Over the last few years, delays haven't been the downfall of several local online stores, it was the lack of communication. Delays from suppliers will often earn sympathy and patience from most people... lack of communication just generates negative feedback that others will also object to because it can't be defended.

My thinking is that, if a retailer doesn't communicate a delay before, or within a day of, the release date that was noted when the order is made, then the customer should be entitled to a full refund if they request it, as a penalty to the business for failing to be considerate of the customer's needs.

If they do communicate the problems with their suppliers, then it should be up to that "reasonable amount of time" after that, that the customer can request their money back and get it without dispute or question. Because it isn't fair to be waiting months or years for something that is already available at other sources.
(and if they don't refund you after all of that, follow Jaydisc's advice and do a credit card charge-back if you used one)

I wonder how big a non-refundable deposit can be, before it is just profiteering (if it is even legal), to cover the administrative cost of processing their order and cancelling it, as well as maybe covering any loss of money they might incur discounting the item when it does eventually come in, if it doesn't have much demand.

Batfan007
31st December 2019, 11:02 AM
Hey guys.

End of the month now, has anyone here received ANYTHING at all in December 2019?

No updates, nothing shipped (and I keep seeing posts on Facebook of people saying they received their SIEGE Omega Supremes).

I'm at the point where I just want to cancel everything, but was waiting at least till end of the month to see if any of the half dozen long overdue items were shipped, or at least a site update from TBI like they did for last two months to say if the items were coming at all.......or ever.

But nothing.

Really Disapppointing! :(

Batfan007
31st December 2019, 11:06 AM
They won't LET you cancel anything.

As I've found out the hard way. It's unfortunately the #1 reason not to shop there anymore. #2 is the not refunding for non-delivery of items. Which is basically like saying "hey I'll take free money"
I mean anyone can do that.

I've asked over last two months to cancel/refund for several times several months PAST ETA and they just flat out refused.

and now its a couple more months, and still nothing (no item, no refund, no nothing).

So yeah, not good form or business pratice imo.

I'm like its reasonable to either
(a) deliver item they took money for
OR
(b)Refund.

Just leaving stuff for 6-12 months MIA does not inspire confidence in their service and is really BAD customer service imo.

It forces customers to not only get annoyed, but to have to ask about items that should have turned up months ago........and often get no response at all.

Or it takes them like 2-3 months to get back to you, if at all. Which is ridiculous. That is for a single request, not this "multiple" request nonsense that somebody was supposedly sending every day (if that is even true..........).

I primarily buy now from SHOW Z (3P) or Amazon (official) for my Tf stuff and found them super reliable. I used to dabble here and there with those stores, but now its like 80% of my TF stuff.
Def burned on any small aussie import store -just avoiding them altogether.

I do buy from bigger stores like popcultcha online - and found them very reliable too. But only in stock stuff.

Batfan007
31st December 2019, 11:09 AM
I've seen mentioned multiple times now that they have
*Failed to get a particular item (the dist could not supply)
*Ordered it elsewhere (as in TBI did) and STILL did not get it
*Ordered from a 3rd distributor/supplier and STILL did not get it

So at what point should that be MY (as in the customers) problem and not TBI's problem?
What is reasonable to you guys? Not a rhetorical question, I'm asking asking.
I've given TBI the benefit of the doubt, been lenient in not asking for refunds on items I reall should have (it was only a couple items I asked for refunds for, out of say 30 or so orders over a couple of years)

I actually don't mind if something is 3-6 months overdue, but when its never confirmed if you will EVER get it, or its 6-12 months overdue.......(for products been and gone everywhere else, and sold out, months ago worldwide) and they won't refund - despite being unable to get an item at all - well then it just gets a bit....... silly.

I mean why in good reason, would it take TBI twelve full months to get a hasbro product? As in one full year after retail and online stores wordwide had it in stock, and sold it etc. I really just don't get it.

How bad can these suppliers be?
Did they just sit out back and smoke all day? :cool:

-

EDIT: For the record I have read all TBI "terms and conditions" in the past, and now and am aware of the basics for australian consumer law, and yeah the no refunds things is BS.
In a short term, its reasonable, (but over the long term, its kind of absurd. I mean how long should someone wait 1 year? 2 year ? 5 years? past ETA.

Also, none of this is said/typed in anger or anything like that. I've made my peace with businesses doing dodgy things like two years ago, when I accepted that ANY business out there can rip you off, but most of the time that doesn't happen and at least 95% of the things I order online (elsewhere) turn up, some get lost in post etc. It's just putting things in perspective.

I mean its a hobby and its luxury toys for adults, but I don't throw my money on the ground ( I do donate to charities ) and even the money itself is not what bother me, its the unethical nature of saying "give me $ xx and I'll give you X" in return and then not doing it.

At some point you say okay, I don't trust that Business Y can do that.......so I won't shop there. It's just makes sense, unless you REALLY like giving money away, or gambling.

The same way that my local mechanic does not overcharge me, but if I go to Automasters, they want to charge me $1000 for changing some parts that are worth perhaps $100 at best (or dont even need doing in the first place, yes this actually happened, and I wanted to put a brick through their window.......I didn't ......and sure never went back there again, and told others not to go there).

yoshi594
31st December 2019, 07:12 PM
What is reasonable to you guys?

I?d say 6 months max from release date. 6 months to give leeway for seamail (which would roughly be 2-3 months anyway but you never know if pirates will strike); Anything more is too much(unless the items were bought with other items not yet released).

Batfan007
31st December 2019, 07:35 PM
Yeah so .... THIS.....was just posted.

Acknowledges various problems.............but *still no actual update about anything at all* Which was expected after their announcement couple months back that that is what they would be doing going forward.

https://i.imgur.com/GYYHTt6.jpg

There was an "update post coming" back in the first week of December, but still not materialized.

:confused:

EDIT: Looking at older posts on the "pre-order update" and I found something..........under a comment (not a new post, an old one dated 11th December ) that linked to update pre-order stuff that was (New ETA only).
you would think it would be stickied on the page...but no. Found it by accident despite checking the page every week for last 6 weeks.

I'm not linking to it here.......because (and im not making this up) some folks have been banned from the TBI Customer page........for sharing the pre-order update information "elsewhere"

Like WTF?

If you want to find it yourself head over to the zen desk part of the TBI site to -- >TBI Help Centre -->TBI News and Updates

*Hopefully* I wont get banned as I did not link to it only put down instructions.
In an effort to help others who also may have missed it.

I can see several items from my pre-orders are on the list as "Arrived" but no shipping notification and nothing sent at all this month. Today being 31/12/19

So I'm clueless what to do now, given they dont respond to customer queries. Should I put a new one in and say "please ship the in stock items" Which they might not read/respons to for another month or two?

Raider
1st January 2020, 12:26 PM
Hey mate this seems to be really working you up and from the sounds of it I can understand why. Why not just put through PayPal disputes or chargebacks and be done with it? Remove the stress at least.

Regarding the update, I'm pretty sure I posted the link to their Decemeber ETA update in this thread. That won't get you banned. What got someone in trouble I think was posting information before it was finalised that they said was specifically for their FB group and not to be shared.

graza78
1st January 2020, 10:50 PM
Agree with Raider. They obviously don't care about your business mate. Do your chargebacks. You paid in full, they are way way late (over 6 months wtf?!?).

ChlorHex
2nd January 2020, 12:59 AM
Just do a chargeback on your orders mate... not worth losing sleep over toys.
It's all up to you... ranting here won't get you any progress.
All the best.

Krayt
2nd January 2020, 10:07 AM
You do realise that they have been on holidays, and will be on holidays until the 7th....

And omega is BIG.... they will take time to box up, get delivered/collected by whatever they are using to deliver....

And once again complaining about not getting refunds... the money you paid is already in the hands of the supplier, and whether in TBIs hands or not yet, the stock on its way to you...

And as the ACCC says...
Retailers don’t have to give you a refund or exchange if you simply change your mind.

TBI are intending to deliver... giving updates... trying to be transparent...

ArchAngelDM
2nd January 2020, 10:17 AM
Personally I wouldn't give TBI the time of day anymore not when there are reliable retailers like Saviers Toys to fulfill your transformer needs. They deliver 100% of the time and are usually 10-15% cheaper on most items. TBI are arrogant and full of excuses. Simply put, if they don't have the capacity to run a reliable business and treat their customers with respect then they shouldn't.

Batfan007
2nd January 2020, 10:27 AM
The money I paid for Omega back in March 2019 (and still not delivered, nor any sign of delivery/courier) that is several months overdue (the old ETA was changed, not unlike the *shifting goals* of a certain business that did this also that we all know about.....) should result in delivery of an actual product, or a refund for non delivery of said product.

Not *excuses* from the business for not fulfilling their obligations or excuses from people on the internet?

How they do business is none of my business. They took my money, as a customer and in Australia are obligated to actually exchange something for it, as it was NOT a donation.

If you want to argue against that, feel free. But we will AGREE TO DISAGREE right there and I have nothing further to say on that.

drunkm0nk
5th January 2020, 01:34 AM
I have put in a complaint to QLD consumer protection and they have advised me that they have multiple complaints against tbi and have been trying to contact them since September 2019 and have not responded. They have also tried to send 2 agents to speak to them but since they have moved address and have not updated their address details, they have no way of contacting them other than email.

Quite disturbing since we know that tbi have been online updating their website, facebook and twiiter yet cannot respond to consumer protection. This is going to get interesting....

Raider
5th January 2020, 10:54 AM
I have put in a complaint to QLD consumer protection and they have advised me that they have multiple complaints against tbi and have been trying to contact them since September 2019 and have not responded. They have also tried to send 2 agents to speak to them but since they have moved address and have not updated their address details, they have no way of contacting them other than email.

Quite disturbing since we know that tbi have been online updating their website, facebook and twiiter yet cannot respond to consumer protection. This is going to get interesting....

I'm sorry but I call BS on this post. A Government body is not going to disclose information about an ongoing investigation (if there is one) to a nobody. This is your first community post and it is about TBI.

BigTransformerTrev
5th January 2020, 11:24 AM
I'm sorry but I call BS on this post. A Government body is not going to disclose information about an ongoing investigation (if there is one) to a nobody. This is your first community post and it is about TBI.

A bit like when we had a bunch of new members join in 2014 to talk about how good the show was in the Manspace thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/18508-Manspace-new-Aussie-TV-show-about-man-caves-and-male-collectors/page2?highlight=Manspace). Oddly none of those new members ever posted again :rolleyes:

1AZRAEL1
5th January 2020, 12:09 PM
Gotta love a good spread of misinformation. Goes well on toast

drunkm0nk
5th January 2020, 02:10 PM

So because its my first post and its about TBI its automatically BS? right...

Let me clarify. Consumer protection agent said the following...

* they do have multiple complaints against TBI
* they have been trying to contact TBI since Sept 2019 via email as they have no phone number
* they have tried to send agents to their physical address in Bundaberg to contact them but since they have moved address and not do not have their current address have been unable to contact them.
* current person living TBI's previous address details is frustrated with all the enquiries as to TBI's new address as they do not know.

As for being a nobody I have lodged and official compliant through their website and provided all my details and proof of purchase to Consumer Protection QLD with case number etc.

DaptoDog
5th January 2020, 03:17 PM
I hate when new members get treated like this. It's a bad look and discourages new people from being active here. It's totally believable that Fair Trading would say that. I've been told colourful stuff like this when complaining about a different company previously.

Welcome drunkm0nk, hope you get a resolution.

Tha_Phantom
5th January 2020, 03:34 PM
I hate when new members get treated like this. It's a bad look and discourages new people from being active here. It's totally believable that Fair Trading would say that. I've been told colourful stuff like this when complaining about a different company previously.

Welcome drunkm0nk, hope you get a resolution.

Well said. I have also spoken to drunkm0nk privately and he has shown me proof that he has opened a case with OFT QLD and that he received a phonecall about it. The contents of the call cannot be proven, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that he was told this. We know from this feedback thread and elsewhere there are a number of unhappy TBI customers.

I'll save people from going to the trouble of saying that yes there are happy customers too.

Raider
5th January 2020, 04:14 PM
So because its my first post and its about TBI its automatically BS? right...

Let me clarify. Consumer protection agent said the following...

* they do have multiple complaints against TBI
* they have been trying to contact TBI since Sept 2019 via email as they have no phone number
* they have tried to send agents to their physical address in Bundaberg to contact them but since they have moved address and not do not have their current address have been unable to contact them.
* current person living TBI's previous address details is frustrated with all the enquiries as to TBI's new address as they do not know.

As for being a nobody I have lodged and official compliant through their website and provided all my details and proof of purchase to Consumer Protection QLD with case number etc.

Your first post in the community was to raise very serious allegations (with no proof) about a retailer. I find it highly unlikely that what you are saying is either truthful or accurate. Could a rep have said something they should not have? Sure, it is possible. But you have shown no proof to back up your claims and it seems suspicious that you created an account just to post this feedback.

Yes I agree that this is not an ideal way to address new members. However, most new members arent having their first post raise serious allegations with no proof. I welcome you providing evidence. Most will post a hello in the welcome section or something alike.

If you want to be part of this community other than for this feedback reason, welcome.by all means.

Mikael
5th January 2020, 04:37 PM
Hi drunkm0nk, the address they use in their mailings is 24 Baker Street · Kepnock, QLD 4670.
BTW. Posting in this forum is almost certain to get their attention. Wouldn't be surprised if certain posters are affiliated with TBI. It would seem plausible given repeated recurrences of dissent throughout the thread.
But as a customer don't expect any responses to emails.