PDA

View Full Version : Toybot Importz feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3]

drunkm0nk
5th January 2020, 04:42 PM
Your first post in the community was to raise very serious allegations (with no proof) about a retailer. I find it highly unlikely that what you are saying is either truthful or accurate. Could a rep have said something they should not have? Sure, it is possible. But you have shown no proof to back up your claims and it seems suspicious that you created an account just to post this feedback.

Yes I agree that this is not an ideal way to address new members. However, most new members arent having their first post raise serious allegations with no proof. I welcome you providing evidence. Most will post a hello in the welcome section or something alike.

If you want to be part of this community other than for this feedback reason, welcome.by all means.

OK Fair call

* they do have multiple complaints against TBI - This I cant prove because it was said to me on the phone.
* they have been trying to contact TBI since Sept 2019 via email as they have no phone number - This was also said to me on the phone - however TBI do not have a phone number listed on their website. The only way to contact them is through the online support or email. So the 2nd part is true.
* they have tried to send agents to their physical address in Bundaberg to contact them but since they have moved address and not do not have their current address have been unable to contact them. First part was said to me on the phone - We know they moved as this is on their Facebook page. Not a secret.
* current person living TBI's previous address details is frustrated with all the inquiries as to TBI's new address as they do not know. - Extra information I was told. This has no bearing on anything. Just extra information.

You are free to believe what you like this is the internet after all. I am just telling you my experience. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt I agree however this is my experience. Everyoene's experience with TBI maybe different.

Discosis
5th January 2020, 04:44 PM
How unusual that new members might come to a feedback thread that ranks highly in Google for a controversial retailer.

Very suspicious that people might want to warn others about investigations from government authorities on such threads.

That's a nice gate you have there.

drunkm0nk
5th January 2020, 04:54 PM
How unusual that new members might come to a feedback thread that ranks highly in Google for a controversial retailer.

Very suspicious that people might want to warn others about investigations from government authorities on such threads.

That's a nice gate you have there.

It's actually how i found the thread.. Thank you

ZoonMaster5000
5th January 2020, 09:47 PM
I can back drunkmonk on this as I was the 2nd person to make a complaint against them by the time I spoke to Crimson there had been another complaint but he said they wouldn?t act unless more and more complaints were made which I?m sure they have.

Now remember they visited pc when complaints mounted but were happy with his shipping container of toys in his yard as legitimate. So it is plausible

Still don?t know why the ones of us that have been treated like trash by TBI have to justify ourselves to the same group of people over and over.

ozlee
5th January 2020, 10:06 PM
Hi fellow people,

Just letting you know that I have successfully processed my chargebacks to get my money back from TBI. I still have a few orders to wait till the deadline is over.

Also, all my orders have been cancelled on the orders page without any emails apologising for the trouble but I didn't expect too much given their track record on replying back to emails.

Anyway, I would suggest anyone who is having trouble as well to do the same thing i.e. ask for refunds from Paypal or your credit card providers. Don't be stressed over this - you do not deserve it.

TBI obviously don't give a shit about their customers and this smells so much like some other Aussie online store from a couple of years ago.

Btw, welcome drunkm0nk. I believe what you are saying given what the majority of people are going through (as evident by here and their FB page).

Netero
5th January 2020, 11:34 PM
How long did the chargeback take?

Looking at charging back MP-43 after a whole year of waiting. I've taken screenshots of the product page everytime they've changed the date in preparation (Just in case its needed).

Discosis
6th January 2020, 06:58 AM
Looking at charging back MP-43 after a whole year of waiting. I've taken screenshots of the product page everytime they've changed the date in preparation (Just in case its needed).

TBI's last general update in December said MP-43 was "en route". Have you still not received it?

drunkm0nk
6th January 2020, 09:34 AM
thanks ozlee.

drunkm0nk
6th January 2020, 09:35 AM
TBI's last general update in December said MP-43 was "en route". Have you still not received it?

apparently 'en route' means the item is en route to TBI from the supplier. not TBI to customer.

Discosis
6th January 2020, 02:11 PM
apparently 'en route' means the item is en route to TBI from the supplier. not TBI to customer.

Seems weird that it didn't make it to TBI and out to the customer in the 20 days since the last update was posted. Maybe it needs an updated ETA. I guess we'll have to wait for the January update.

Netero
6th January 2020, 03:03 PM

Its been "En Route" since the october update. I sent them an email (of course no reply) saying it's not good enough. If theres no changes in the update 3 days from now I'm just going to go through chargeback, not going to deal with this crap anymore.

drunkm0nk
6th January 2020, 05:35 PM
Its been "En Route" since the october update. I sent them an email (of course no reply) saying it's not good enough. If theres no changes in the update 3 days from now I'm just going to go through chargeback, not going to deal with this crap anymore.

I would say start it. Charge backs take a while (2-3 weeks).

You can always cancel it if you do get a response which i doubt.

Batfan007
6th January 2020, 06:10 PM

Same here, been 3 months of "wait and see" and everything I've ordered in 2018/2019 is well and truly past the release window for everywhere worldwide, and well past TBI's late late late window too.

they have items listed as "in stock" (supposedly) for some of my pre orders, and have requested them to send them (why, its supposed to ship already...........) and no response, no items, yadda yadda yadda.

Batfan007
6th January 2020, 06:40 PM

Even pre-order stuff (overdue stuff) that is listed in that nov/december update as now "Arrived" has not shipped. Some random few people I saw (on facebook) got some of the same items I ordered (and did not receive) about a month and a half ago. Yet you would think that the shipment of a particular item, once in would get sent out and not take two months to send out an item etc.

ZoonMaster5000
6th January 2020, 06:48 PM
Even pre-order stuff (overdue stuff) that is listed in that nov/december update as now "Arrived" has not shipped. Some random few people I saw (on facebook) got some of the same items I ordered (and did not receive) about a month and a half ago. Yet you would think that the shipment of a particular item, once in would get sent out and not take two months to send out an item etc.

Hey mate if you haven?t contacted OFT I suggest you do. Feel free to pm me

Akky82
6th January 2020, 07:43 PM

^This. As with PC, better sooner rather than later, I missed out on a refund for MP-36 because I deliberated a week before doing chargebacks and missed the window. Still got it back for a bunch of others though, but was close.

DarkHyren
7th January 2020, 07:07 AM
I've taken screenshots of the product page everytime they've changed the date in preparation (Just in case its needed).This is something others with pending orders should take note of. Take screenshots of the product pages asap, it's very likely you will need them if you do a chargeback.
If the current product page shows a delivery date that is further in the future than what it said when you placed your order use a website such as the Wayback Machine (http://web.archive.org/) to try and get a screenshot of the page as it appeared on/near the date you made your purchase.
If TBI changes the ETA on the product page, that new date falls outside of your chargeback window, and you don't have proof that this wasnt the original delivery date, you may lose any chance to get your money back.
The banks tend to require proof that the item is overdue before they can start chargeback procedures.

You can always cancel it if you do get a response which i doubt.From prior dealings with banks they told me you shouldn't cancel a chargeback until you either have the item or your money as they cannot reopen a dispute once it's closed, so keep that in mind.
In the past certain stores have responded to a chargeback by sending the customer or the bank an email claiming the item is on its way, specifically to get the customer to cancel the dispute, but once you do that if they don't send the item you have no action left other than going to court.

Just letting you know that I have successfully processed my chargebacks to get my money back from TBI. I still have a few orders to wait till the deadline is over.

Also, all my orders have been cancelled on the orders page without any emails apologising for the trouble but I didn't expect too much given their track record on replying back to emails.By deadline do you mean TBI's deadline to respond to the disputes, delivery dates that need to pass, or something else?
Not sure if this is applicable in your case but it might be worth trying, you could send a screenshot to the banks showing that the response to the chargeback was to cancel all orders without refunding.
If they are still waiting for a response from TBI it may may speed up processing for any pending disputes, and it should allow you to start disputes on any items whose delivery dates haven't passed yet.

How long did the chargeback take?Chargebacks can take a while depending on a few circumstances. It took about 3 months for my disputes with PC to be settled (mainly because that guy lied to the banks about a lot of stuff which caused delays) but some people had their money back within a month, so your mileage may vary.

new members might come to a feedback thread that ranks highly in Google for a controversial retailer
It's actually how i found the thread.. Thank youYou can also leave feedback on ProductReview (Click here) (https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/toybot-importz) for further exposure if you want to continue to warn and inform.

-----

PS: Apologies for the wall of text, I think I may have posted a lot of this information in the past in another thread, but that thread no longer seems to be available to the public so it's worth repeating for new members.

Omega Metro
7th January 2020, 02:51 PM
My March 2019 orders arrived today. Thank you Toybot:)

Mikael
7th January 2020, 07:58 PM

Couldn't agree more with this ^. The fact is, if you haven't been able to get in contact with them for orders placed a year or two or more ago, and they are still updating social media then it doesn't look good.
The lesson here is that reviewers may be well supplied and stocked, it doesn't necessarily reflect the reality of the situation.
Excuses and ETA changes, well let's just say we've seen it all before.

ozlee
8th January 2020, 11:43 PM
By deadline do you mean TBI's deadline to respond to the disputes, delivery dates that need to pass, or something else?
Not sure if this is applicable in your case but it might be worth trying, you could send a screenshot to the banks showing that the response to the chargeback was to cancel all orders without refunding.
If they are still waiting for a response from TBI it may may speed up processing for any pending disputes, and it should allow you to start disputes on any items whose delivery dates haven't passed yet.

Delivery dates. But you are right, not much point waiting. I have initiated another couple of chargebacks - let's see given that the ETAs are next month.
Actually, I thought my chargebacks were successful but they are still under investigation by my CC provider - they've just credited my money back while they are investigating. Fingers crossed!

Batfan007
12th January 2020, 05:43 PM
Yep.

I've Been through this same non-dlievery year in advance pre-order nonsense with ............... Little Toy Company.............PC........and now TBI.

The Trifecta.:rolleyes:

yoshi594
12th January 2020, 06:32 PM
no January update it seems

Batfan007
17th January 2020, 09:19 AM
Not unless you count the "thanks TBI" posts on their own FB page. Seems cherry picked as nothing else appears there anymore, just a random single items that somebody got somewhere. Still leaving hundreds of other items unaccounted for.

UDATE: 17th Jan / 2020 - Nothing delivered, no notifications of anything posted.

*Sorry* if this is boring /repetetive to read but I like to be consistent and I know ultimately it's all evidence that others can see in this thread for non-delivery of items and their decline of service etc.

Tha_Phantom
17th January 2020, 09:37 AM
Not unless you count the "thanks TBI" posts on their own FB page. Seems cherry picked as nothing else appears there anymore, just a random single items that somebody got somewhere. Still leaving hundreds of other items unaccounted for.

The posts here and the comments on their page tell two very different stories.

Akky82
17th January 2020, 11:11 AM

It's just like with PC, people who were known to post on twitter or somewhere would receive small orders of like GIJoe or something and post to keep up the illusion.

I tested my luck with their ebay and bought something, no issues at all, but wouldn't use their site, and def wouldnt preorder.

Omega Metro
17th January 2020, 11:43 AM

Because they delete all the bad comments.

Tha_Phantom
17th January 2020, 11:54 AM

Or they block customers from the page before they have a chance to say anything, like in my case.

Netero
17th January 2020, 01:15 PM
I ended up getting a reply to my email from Stuart and got a full refund for my Megatron last week. Feels good to have it out the way although I wish I had the figure -_- now just gotta wait till it pops up on special from nippon or something.

drunkm0nk
17th January 2020, 05:46 PM
I ended up getting a reply to my email from Stuart and got a full refund for my Megatron last week. Feels good to have it out the way although I wish I had the figure -_- now just gotta wait till it pops up on special from nippon or something.

was that MP-43 Beast wars Megatron that has been out since early 1st quarter 2019???

drunkm0nk
17th January 2020, 05:50 PM
Or they block customers from the page before they have a chance to say anything, like in my case.

wow... even before you said something... I can understand if they block you or kick you out 'after' you provided some feedback , negative or not but before? why bother having a customer page...ridiculous

drunkm0nk
17th January 2020, 05:54 PM

They did this with one of my comments. The thread was asking what the ETA of GX -71 Voltron which turned into a thread full of memes... got deleted after about 2 weeks of customers posting memes...

drunkm0nk
17th January 2020, 05:58 PM
It's just like with PC, people who were known to post on twitter or somewhere would receive small orders of like GIJoe or something and post to keep up the illusion.

I tested my luck with their ebay and bought something, no issues at all, but wouldn't use their site, and def wouldnt preorder.

But they have 15% sale on at the moment.. and FREE SHIPPING!! (sarcasm) which includes pre orders. I don't understand how they include a discount on pre orders when they themsleves have said that pre ordering keeps the price at the lowest.

Tha_Phantom
17th January 2020, 06:49 PM
wow... even before you said something... I can understand if they block you or kick you out 'after' you provided some feedback , negative or not but before? why bother having a customer page...ridiculous

To be clear, this was on their public Facebook page where they advertise, not the customer service group.
For back story, I had been regularly updating this forum about my interactions (or lack thereof) with them, but most of it was civil and just factual without emotion. I can only think of two comments which were somewhat nasty prior to the block, one was a meme implying a repeat of PC and the other was a message saying basically they seem like nice people but I'd rather shop elsewhere. I was never abusive to them in messages and I never spammed them or anything of the sort. I'd probably message them once or twice a month prior to suddenly getting refunded for my MP Shockwave out of the blue along with being blocked from their Facebook page.

Sinnertwin
17th January 2020, 07:06 PM
Don't cross The Don.
The Toy Mafia isn't one to be trifled with.

Netero
17th January 2020, 09:11 PM
was that MP-43 Beast wars Megatron that has been out since early 1st quarter 2019???

yep LOL

some people got them around August, site said at one point "final amount arriving ___" but never came. So for some reason TBI were receiving them in waves. Theres a few people on the facebook that are still waiting for him but judging by how smooth getting him refunded was I doubt he's arriving anytime soon. Has been enroute since october.

drunkm0nk
18th January 2020, 05:22 PM
yep LOL

some people got them around August, site said at one point "final amount arriving ___" but never came. So for some reason TBI were receiving them in waves. Theres a few people on the facebook that are still waiting for him but judging by how smooth getting him refunded was I doubt he's arriving anytime soon. Has been enroute since october.

It's the same with other things. The charge backs and refunds are coming through thick and fast and they have repeatedly said that they have never failed to delivery on any goods ....

Batfan007
19th January 2020, 05:35 PM

Well yeah, that's why threads like this exist, so people can see what is actually going on.... hence it being a "feedback" thread. I had no issues with TBI service for almost two years with them, but the last 12 months has been total opposite.

*Taking bets now on what feb/march "excuses" will be, as it's well over 6 months of one excuse after another. I mean if they can't deliver stuff, perhaps they should not run the business or do something elase, perhaps on a smaller scale.

But they have 15% sale on at the moment.. and FREE SHIPPING!! (sarcasm) which includes pre orders. I don't understand how they include a discount on pre orders when they themsleves have said that pre ordering keeps the price at the lowest.

They've just about always done sales on in stock and pre-orders. I picked up a few bargains that way, but yeah not receiving stuff kind of puts the kibosh on "sales" or buying anything else.
I had a load of those customer points too I never used as I no longer shop there.

Batfan007
19th January 2020, 05:39 PM
To be clear, this was on their public Facebook page where they advertise, not the customer service group.
For back story, I had been regularly updating this forum about my interactions (or lack thereof) with them, but most of it was civil and just factual without emotion. I can only think of two comments which were somewhat nasty prior to the block, one was a meme implying a repeat of PC and the other was a message saying basically they seem like nice people but I'd rather shop elsewhere. I was never abusive to them in messages and I never spammed them or anything of the sort. I'd probably message them once or twice a month prior to suddenly getting refunded for my MP Shockwave out of the blue along with being blocked from their Facebook page.

Yeah I avoid saying anything nasty about them, just the facts.

Granted I've vented some *frustration* in this thread, but not name calling or other nonsense. They are good people of that I have no doubt. But good people or not if you take people's money you have an obligation to provide the service or else return customers money.

They basically ignore me now and fobbed off my requests for refunds.
I'm over it, but like if I went to my local kmart (where I've shopped for years) and someone stood there, took my money and did not let me have the thing I paid for........then ingored me..... would I shop there again? :confused:

I honestly don't know why people bend over backwards to defend stores lacking in their service etc, plenty of other places to shop.

Tha_Phantom
19th January 2020, 05:55 PM
Batfan007 It looks like we're having a heated agreement. I'm actually on your side man. All good.

drunkm0nk
19th January 2020, 07:48 PM
I'm over it, but like if I went to my local kmart (where I've shopped for years) and someone stood there, took my money and did not let me have the thing I paid for........then ingored me..... would I shop there again? :confused:

I honestly don't know why people bend over backwards to defend stores lacking in their service etc, plenty of other places to shop.

Exactly this. It's not like they've taken a deposit or holding goods until payment. They have already taken your money. Money that they have already spent on something or is accruing interest in their account. Treat one customer bad and its probably an isolated case, but the number customers who have complained here and on Facebook groups... Shame on them.

Edit: spelling

hYpNoS
20th January 2020, 12:00 AM
Wow, the saga continues...

I'm just glad I ended up on a good yet scary moment, pestering them for nearly a YEAR for an order, and yet just after the paypal protection period ran out they actually sent mine, well packed.

Their responses were sincere but (as many others posted) side stepped everything to do with refunds, to me, all considering, they're not scammers, they just...bit off far too much of what they could chew, not that I want you guys to change your mind about charge backs, although with the way things are going I'm not sure if someone actually waiting on an order is gonna get hit in the crossfire or they'll turn to dirty tricks due to the lack of funds to actually get anything.

If they resort to asking their "loyal" fanbase to start posting pics of hauls for rewards or taking bitcoin only that's when I'll get the popcorn

drunkm0nk
20th January 2020, 11:01 PM
Wow, the saga continues...

I'm just glad I ended up on a good yet scary moment, pestering them for nearly a YEAR for an order, and yet just after the paypal protection period ran out they actually sent mine, well packed.

Their responses were sincere but (as many others posted) side stepped everything to do with refunds, to me, all considering, they're not scammers, they just...bit off far too much of what they could chew, not that I want you guys to change your mind about charge backs, although with the way things are going I'm not sure if someone actually waiting on an order is gonna get hit in the crossfire or they'll turn to dirty tricks due to the lack of funds to actually get anything.

If they resort to asking their "loyal" fanbase to start posting pics of hauls for rewards or taking bitcoin only that's when I'll get the popcorn

Nearly a YEAR!?!? Insane patience you have there,

I don't think they have "asked" their loyal fanbase to post pics of hauls but a few have posted regarding their deliveries over after xmas and how well packed they were... I do wonder if these customers would buy from TBI again..

1AZRAEL1
21st January 2020, 10:58 AM
They don't ask. But just as others post "just received this from (another retailer)" what's wrong with saying it's come from TBI? People already jump to conclusions.

jaydisc
21st January 2020, 11:31 AM
They don't ask. But just as others post "just received this from (another retailer)" what's wrong with saying it's come from TBI? People already jump to conclusions.

I think hYpNoS was saying that IF they are asking customers to post pics... AND offering discounts if they do (which is exactly what PC did), it's a warning flag.

No one is saying there's anything wrong with posting pics and providing credit. Just that if a company IS offering incentives to doing so for the sake of PR to cover up the fact that most people are NOT getting packages, that's a concern, at least based on previous experiences.

However, I do think that in light of the current situation (many people not getting their stuff), that if someone has more than just a business relationship with a reseller (eg a friendship), that should probably be disclosed when they post pictures of received loot. Because if it's only friends posting success stories on social media, that looks pretty unfair, if not downright suspicious.

Sinnertwin
21st January 2020, 12:38 PM
I'll be honest, if I served a tour of duty with Stuart, I wouldn't be making that public knowledge when I receive my stuff. It's not worth the headache. People are already getting jumped on when they do.

drunkm0nk
21st January 2020, 01:59 PM
I'll be honest, if I served a tour of duty with Stuart, I wouldn't be making that public knowledge when I receive my stuff. It's not worth the headache. People are already getting jumped on when they do.

I've seen a case where someone posted their haul and thanked TBI.

The comments posted were congratulating the customer for receiving their goods and also around other customers wanting to know where their orders were at in desperation for a response from TBI, even customers who have ordered the same items as the post wondering why one customer has received theirs while their online order status still has not moved. I didn't really see the poster getting jumped on from others.

It's more directed at TBI rather than the customer who has received their goods.

jaydisc
21st January 2020, 03:15 PM

Well, the definition of shill is: "a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest"

If someone is friendly with the business owners, they are not impartial. By not acknowledging or admitting that, they are pretending to be impartial. It's not a good look.

Sinnertwin
21st January 2020, 05:57 PM
Well, the definition of shill is: "a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest"

If someone is friendly with the business owners, they are not impartial. By not acknowledging or admitting that, they are pretending to be impartial. It's not a good look.

Doesn't really matter how you frame it, you're pissing in the wind if you think anybody is going to openly admit being chummy chummy with a business owner, especially since every TFI delivers post is met with a barrage of where's my order etc etc

jaydisc
21st January 2020, 06:06 PM
Doesn't really matter how you frame it, you're pissing in the wind if you think anybody is going to openly admit being chummy chummy with a business owner, especially since every TFI delivers post is met with a barrage of where's my order etc etc

True. Self-declaration would be awkward at best. Maybe others should just call it out when they see it.

drunkm0nk
23rd January 2020, 02:18 PM
True. Self-declaration would be awkward at best. Maybe others should just call it out when they see it.

Saw a FB post where TBI customer sharing pics of their well packed haul from TBI with a buy from tbi hashtag.

Post is littered with comments which seem to be bagging out TBI... comments are turned off by admin...

Poster seemed a little annoyed with others who seem to be bagging out TBI on his post...

I check poster's friend list and to my surprise the owner of TBI's is one of his friends on Facebook.

Not that there's anything wrong with this but hey, just sayin...

Sinnertwin
23rd January 2020, 02:51 PM
Saw a FB post where TBI customer sharing pics of their well packed haul from TBI with a buy from tbi hashtag.

Post is littered with comments which seem to be bagging out TBI... comments are turned off by admin...

Poster seemed a little annoyed with others who seem to be bagging out TBI on his post...

I check poster's friend list and to my surprise the owner of TBI's is one of his friends on Facebook.

That "member" is also a very good friend of mine & I have no reason to doubt his motives when it comes to posting a TBI haul.

As for yourself, don't hide behind thinly veiled insinuations, it makes you look weak... Jus' sayin', sweetheart.

jaydisc
23rd January 2020, 02:56 PM
He did just say "not that there's anything wrong with that" and there certainly isn't, but nobody should consider posts from this company's friends to be any kind of indication of this company's reliability or trustworthiness.

Discosis
23rd January 2020, 02:57 PM
It's not like there's any need to justify ones actions in completely different communities, but as the TCCA admin who turned off commenting on that thread I'll just throw in here that it was done to stop the thread devolving into a shitfight of members accusing each other of being shills/friends/enemies/having an axe to grind/general shenanigans. The OP seemed frustrated at what it had become. *shrug*

jaydisc
23rd January 2020, 02:57 PM
And unfortunately, that's the exactly intent behind the posts (to promote reliability or trustworthiness)

- sorry for the double-post - trying to avoid edits.

Raider
23rd January 2020, 03:45 PM
And unfortunately, that's the exactly intent behind the posts (to promote reliability or trustworthiness)

- sorry for the double-post - trying to avoid edits.

I wouldn't attribute intent to the post. You don't know what his reasons are for posting. It may have been as simple as letting people know that he has received items. People can take from that what they want. It is not fair to assume that those posts where people are saying they received items as having the intent of promoting "reliability or trustworthiness".

I haven't wanted to comment on this thread anymore as it is devolving into a slinging match between those that have a gripe with the business and those that are either defending the business or even just making a post about receiving items. Suffice to say the constant negativity in the fandom of late has really seen me pull back from posting.

Let's try keep it civil people and be more factual and less emotive.

Trent
23rd January 2020, 03:47 PM
I love lamp!

Raider
23rd January 2020, 03:49 PM
I love lamp!

Classic Brick!

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2020, 04:19 PM
Hi drunkm0nk, the address they use in their mailings is 24 Baker Street · Kepnock, QLD 4670.
BTW. Posting in this forum is almost certain to get their attention. Wouldn't be surprised if certain posters are affiliated with TBI. It would seem plausible given repeated recurrences of dissent throughout the thread.
But as a customer don't expect any responses to emails.

So anyone who hasn’t had a negative experience with the company is either in their pocket or a crony eh?

Yep, and the government puts fluoride in the drinking water to keep the populace docile, Autism is caused by vaccinations and all the bushfires were caused by arsonists.

That "member" is also a very good friend of mine & I have no reason to doubt his motives when it comes to posting a TBI haul.

As for yourself, don't hide behind thinly veiled insinuations, it makes you look weak... Jus' sayin', sweetheart.

I’m close friends with that poster too and I find any thinly veiled implication that he is being disingenuous to be insulting to a wonderful human being.

Neither is having your own Aussie-based Transformers sales webpage and not stating it openly to new members in this thread so they know that impartiality may be compromised as less business for TBI may equate to more sales for you.

I’m sure you genuinely are impartial and there’s nothing wrong with this but hey, just sayin...

I wouldn't attribute intent to the post. You don't know what his reasons are for posting. It may have been as simple as letting people know that he has received items. People can take from that what they want. It is not fair to assume that those posts where people are saying they received items as having the intent of promoting "reliability or trustworthiness".

I haven't wanted to comment on this thread anymore as it is devolving into a slinging match between those that have a gripe with the business and those that are either defending the business or even just making a post about receiving items. Suffice to say the constant negativity in the fandom of late has really seen me pull back from posting.

Let's try keep it civil people and be more factual and less emotive.

Well said. For the record I’m not friends with the TBI owner and I have never done business with them so have no positive or negative feedback to give. The only reason I check this thread fairly often is to see if their sales/deliveries have become more consistent. Living in the bush I have to do 99% of my TF shopping online so am desperate for a reliable operator in this country.

So it would be nice to come to this thread and read actual feedback based on experience, instead of all this paranoid BS

jaydisc
23rd January 2020, 05:19 PM
So anyone who hasn’t had a negative experience with the company is either in their pocket or a crony eh?

I've tried combing Twitter and Facebook to find success stories from people that aren't friends, but I can't. That doesn't mean they don't exist. I just haven't seen any in a loooong time.

Neither is having your own Aussie-based Transformers sales webpage and not stating it openly to new members in this thread so they know that impartiality may be compromised as less business for TBI may equate to more sales for you.

I’m sure you genuinely are impartial and there’s nothing wrong with this but hey, just sayin...

1. Firstly, it is in large red type at the bottom of every one my posts.
2. Secondly, my website is more akin to a sales thread here than a business. I just happen to have the programming chops to turn my sales threads into an automated website. Virtually everything is a mere quantity of 1. A reseller / business / competitor I am not.

I wouldn't attribute intent to the post.

You don't think "#iBuyFromTBI" shows intent? OK. :)

Even so, I get it... if I was in the same boat, I too, would be trusting and supporting my friends. But I'm curious at what point do these friends take on board the sheer scale of legitimate grievances against this company, and consider that they might be (unwitting) accomplices in all of this? You can't seriously believe that every single "whiner" is just an impatient collector? That would be a mathmatically challenged opinion.

So it would be nice to come to this thread and read actual feedback based on experience, instead of all this paranoid BS

Sure... here's some feedback from experience:

History has a funny way of repeating itself. TBI was a business that had great prices and great support. Then, things started slipping. Then, there was a loyalty program. Then, the 20% off sales were extended to pre-orders. Then there was hashtag for "everyone" (i.e. friends) to promote their packages on TBI. The sequence of events is sadly identical.

This week, my disputes for ~ $1,000 with my credit card companies finalised, and I have now gotten that money back (with interest!). My attempts to contact them before disputing were thorough. I can still see my pending posts at Facebook. There was not even as much as a response to the disputes put forth by my bank. No self-defence. No offers of rectification. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. That does not seem like the behaviour of an honest company to me.

As such…

As I did with Premium Collectables, I am happy to offer advice and assistance to anyone wanting to down the same route.

I understand that the dispute process might seem daunting, but it really isn't, and I'm happy to help anyone I can. I am making myself freely available to assist anyone in either understanding these processes, knowing where they stand, or in doing what is required to do to achieve a successful chargeback. If you'd prefer to not ask publicly here in the thread, my DMs are open, and I am very happy to keep things confidential.

Too many of us have given the benefit of the doubt for too long. Put the burden back where it should be. This company took your money. The burden is now on them.

And don't be put off by their Ts and Cs. It does not trump consumer law, or more importantly, the Ts and Cs they signed when accepting credit card payments.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2020, 05:29 PM
Wow - what a completely impartial post from a member of the board staff.

I’m sure you didn’t make the members that have posted positive feedback - from basic members right through to deluxe - feel remotely marginalised or intimidated. Or accused of being cronies and liars.

Do you really check out every positive post by someone and then trawl cyberspace to see if they are a friend of TBI/Stuart? Again, I’m sure that as a Lvl 9 admin that won’t remotely intimidate any members here. *cough cyberstalking*

Sinnertwin
23rd January 2020, 05:49 PM
That's the thing with this fandom. Someone posts a TBI haul, and it's automatically assumed that they have an ulterior motive.

We don't know how long they've been waiting, what they've experienced, but no, they're a shill on the TBI payroll. I get it, not everyone has had a stellar experience, but don't shit on people either. Let them enjoy their plastic.

jaydisc
23rd January 2020, 06:11 PM
Wow - what a completely impartial post from a member of the board staff.

I’m sure you didn’t make the members that have posted positive feedback - from basic members right through to deluxe - feel remotely marginalised or intimidated. Or accused of being cronies and liars.

Do you really check out every positive post by someone and then trawl cyberspace to see if they are a friend of TBI/Stuart? Again, I’m sure that as a Lvl 9 admin that won’t remotely intimidate any members here. *cough cyberstalking*

My opinion and posts in this section are not as a representative of OTCA. My capacity as staff here is exclusively to help moderate the "Sightings" section.

As to my assessment, it was only Twitter and Facebook. I searched Twitter for #iBuyFromTBI and "Toybot Importz", and TCCA on Facebook as well. No trawling was necessary. I know the Twitter usernames and Facebook real names for many OTCA members either through following or my own friendships. I don't mean for anyone feel marginalised or intimidated, and I hold nothing against any such picture posters. I just now know not to reflect on those photos with any kind of hope that non-friends will get their stuff.

I don't think friends posting pics is so much a bad reflection on the friends. I've freely admitted that I'd do it too. But I definitely think it's a bad reflection on TBI (yet another sign).

I've shared my feedback and experience. Feel free to share yours. We don't have to agree. Many or you are clearly friends, and I'm glad that you've gotten what you've paid for. I hope others do too.

But if they don't, my offer stands to assist anyone in the community with chargebacks.

Mikael
23rd January 2020, 06:17 PM
Some handy advice here on Visa chargeback if you haven't received goods after the expected delivery date. In my case months had passed after expected delivery with no response to emails.
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/384001

drunkm0nk
23rd January 2020, 06:32 PM

"hide behind thinly veiled insinuations" - see this is where you're wrong, wasn't insinuating anything. was again stating fact. he's friends with the owner. Also said that there wasn't anything wrong with that.

if your brain processes a fact as an insinuation then thats on you.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2020, 06:32 PM
My opinion and posts in this section are not as a representative of OTCA. My capacity as staff here is exclusively to help moderate the "Sightings" section.

As to my assessment, it was only Twitter and Facebook. I searched Twitter for #iBuyFromTBI and "Toybot Importz", and TCCA on Facebook as well. No trawling was necessary. I know the Twitter usernames and Facebook real names for many OTCA members either through following or my own friendships. I don't mean for anyone feel marginalised or intimidated, and I hold nothing against any such picture posters. I just now know not to reflect on those photos with any kind of hope that non-friends will get their stuff.

I don't think friends posting pics is so much a bad reflection on the friends. I've freely admitted that I'd do it too. But I definitely think it's a bad reflection on TBI (yet another sign).

I've shared my feedback and experience. Feel free to share yours. We don't have to agree. Many or you are clearly friends, and I'm glad that you've gotten what you've paid for. I hope others do too.

But if they don't, my offer stands to assist anyone in the community with chargebacks.

Could you please post a link to a post where you have stated you are not engaging in this thread as a member of OCTA staff? I’m more than happy to be corrected.

You’ve been f’ed over by TBI - fine. You’ve got an axe to grind against them - fine. I’d be pissed too if I was out a ton of toys/money. But as a lvl 9 moderator if you haven’t stated you are talking personally and have your own agenda, rather than talking on behalf of the board, then it sounds like you are endorsing the victimisation of other members and calling their credibility into account just because they are the lucky ones that have gotten their merchandise.

And as for your endorsement of the ludicrous judgement of my friend who dared have the audacity to post on FB he got his toys, you couldn’t be more wrong. He is a stand up guy that would never encourage people to enter into trade with a business if he thought they were shonky. Maybe you and the original poster need to check yourselves.

drunkm0nk
23rd January 2020, 06:35 PM
I love lamp!

moth has entered the chat....

jaydisc
23rd January 2020, 06:49 PM
Could you please post a link to a post where you have stated you are not engaging in this thread as a member of OCTA staff? I’m more than happy to be corrected.

You’ve been f’ed over by TBI - fine. You’ve got an axe to grind against them - fine. I’d be pissed too if I was out a ton of toys/money. But as a lvl 9 moderator if you haven’t stated you are talking personally and have your own agenda, rather than talking on behalf of the board, then it sounds like you are endorsing the victimisation of other members and calling their credibility into account just because they are the lucky ones that have gotten their merchandise.

And as for your endorsement of the ludicrous judgement of my friend who dared have the audacity to post on FB he got his toys, you couldn’t be more wrong. He is a stand up guy that would never encourage people to enter into trade with a business if he thought they were shonky. Maybe you and the original poster need to check yourselves.

1. You just quoted the post where I stated it. I didn’t think that anything I said could be construed as a an official OTCA position. I apologise to Griffin and anyone else that might have thought otherwise.

2. I doubt I know the picture poster to the level you appear to, but I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment from what I do know. But, in the Facebook post i think is being referred to, they lashed out when someone challenged their relationship, without being very open about that relationship. That wasn’t a good look to those of us aware of the relationship. But I will continue to say that if it’s only friends posting pics, that is yet another event that seriously reflects badly on TBI.

drunkm0nk
23rd January 2020, 06:54 PM

Even if that shonky business was owned by his friend????

drunkm0nk
23rd January 2020, 06:59 PM

Im also happy to help anyone as my charge back was successful.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2020, 07:02 PM
1. You just quoted the post where I stated it. I didn’t think that anything I said could be construed as a an official OTCA position. I apologise to Griffin and anyone else that might have thought otherwise.

Yeah I was referring to a post that hadn’t been put up within the last hour in response to the questioning of your intent. Got one? Happy to read it.

Even if that shonky business was owned by his friend????

They are mates are they? Got photos of them together? Taken holidays together have they? Lost their virginity together in an awkward yet amusing encounter with an overzealous ladyboy in Thailand did they?

Or are you making a ton of assumptions because someone simply clicked ‘approve’ on a friendship request on FB? And are you some weird little obsessed cyberstalker that checks out the Internet details of everyone that has an opinion different to you? Just sayin...

*cough... another internet stalker*

You know what would be nice? People giving feedback in this thread without judging others and making inferences - might give us a glimpse into what the business is like. Well done to those that have stayed on topic - I salute you! I’m guilty of doing the opposite for which I apologise.

drunkm0nk
23rd January 2020, 07:11 PM
Yeah I was referring to a post that hadn’t been put up within the last hour in response to the questioning of your intent. Got one? Happy to read it.

They are mates are they? Got photos of them together? Taken holidays together have they? Lost their virginity together in an awkward yet amusing encounter with an overzealous ladyboy in Thailand did they?

Or are you making a ton of assumptions because someone simply clicked ‘approve’ on a friendship request on FB? And are you some weird little obsessed cyberstalker that checks out the Internet details of everyone that has an opinion different to you? Just sayin...

*cough... another internet stalker*

looks like you're making all the assumptions... did my post based on facts offend you somehow that you had resort to name calling?

like I've said before.. there is nothing wrong with them being friends. purely an observation.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2020, 07:16 PM
looks like you're making all the assumptions...

Nope, asking questions and looking for clarification- there is a substantial difference.

Still awaiting that evidence I asked you for.

1AZRAEL1
23rd January 2020, 07:16 PM

When the PC situation hit the fan, I stopped as well. Thought things would go back to normal. All this is pulling me away from the hobby I love and it's making me want to distance myself from the Fandom. It's becoming toxic. I do have a fair bit of money riding on TBI but I'm not bailing.

yoshi594
23rd January 2020, 07:17 PM
This thread is getting spicy but not good spicy like hot sauces.

My experience with TBI is worse than PC, as PC at the start responded to my emails and delivered "Some" of my goods.

I got anxious when i saw hot items like GX-71 Chogokin Voltron (Cat) was delayed as well as MP-43 BW Megatron. I spoke to the people that didn't receive their voltron and they either got no-reply or were told to wait.

The mp-43 megatrons are a weird case, if you're a member of the TBI customer service group and search up MP-43 megatron, you will find a thread that TBI mentions they received damaged boxes of mp-43 and would be ordering some more. The funny thing there is, the members that are still waiting today for their megs, requested to have the damaged boxes but were ignored.

The tipping point really came when GX-88 Chogokin Voltron (Vehicle) was in their hand before GX-71 when the release date of cat voltron was much earlier than gx-88.

Like many others, my intense desire to chargeback was nullified slightly due to their promised updates (January hasn't had an update) and seeing some items being posted (siege jetfire that came out ages ago).

I sent them a few emails after the december update requesting their definition of en route and the status of my items. I received no reply. I gave them until a week after their holiday and saw that my paypal window to charge back was closing soon.

Fast foward to today, paypal received no response from TBI and i now have my money back.

Thanks for your patience during our review of your case. We've decided to close this case in your favour since we didn't receive any response from your seller with the required timeframe.

I should have followed my gut and not ordered from them when i saw the warning signs (lack of replies/constant sales which included preorder items/their initial policy), alas my greed got the best of me.

drunkm0nk
23rd January 2020, 07:17 PM
Nope, asking questions and looking for clarification- there is a substantial difference.

Still awaiting that evidence I asked you for.

Evidence for what? That court of law that you think is going to win you internet points? Good one..

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2020, 07:20 PM
Evidence for what? That court of law that you think is going to win you internet points? Good one..

Stillllll waaaittiiinnggg...

drunkm0nk
23rd January 2020, 07:23 PM
Stillllll waaattiiinnggg...

i said they are friends on facebook.. fact... to which you so you ask ridiculous questions that you know there is no answer when they actually had no point of relevance in the argument.

you sir win the internet.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2020, 07:30 PM
i said they are friends on facebook.. fact... to which you so you ask ridiculous questions that you know there is no answer when they actually had no point of relevance in the argument.

you sir win the internet.

STILL

waaaittiiinnggg...

Despite the fact you ‘softened’ it, you and a Mod blatantly inferred my friend was a liar and/or shill. I have nothing to defend. You do. So do it. Justify your inference. I’m listening.

griffin
23rd January 2020, 08:12 PM
Please just comment on your own experiences, and if there is another site that collects feedback or updates, just post a link to that site.
Can we not talk about what goes on with other sites, unless there is a notice posted by the business on that site, or actual evidence of illegal activity has been posted up by someone who isn't a member here.

And since board staff can't turn on and off the status title at will, they should be allowed to post up their own experiences or evidence/guidance for others (within the bounds of our rules of interaction)... and since they are long time members and fans, I think they could be seen as having more credibility than someone who is new to the site and doesn't yet know how best to interact here without being misread or stirring up trouble (intentionally or not).

Trent
23rd January 2020, 08:42 PM
moth has entered the chat....

I don’t get it.

"hide behind thinly veiled insinuations" - see this is where you're wrong, wasn't insinuating anything. was again stating fact. he's friends with the owner. Also said that there wasn't anything wrong with that.

if your brain processes a fact as an insinuation then thats on you.

A blind man in the middle of the night could spot that insinuation 10 miles away. If you’re gonna make a call, at least have the balls to stand behind it and not fold faster than Superman on laundry day.

Have you met in person and are actively real life friends with every person on your Facebook profile? I haven’t. Some of my Facebook friends are people I haven’t seen in real life since high school and would actively avoid them if I saw them in the street. Some are people that sent me friends requests because they are also members here but I couldn’t tell you what their username here is. It’s a loooooong bow to draw to say that because they’re Facebook friends, they’re in cahoots. But hey, that’s not what you were saying was it?

And to keep this on topic as per griffin’s command; Ive had 2 or 3 experiences with TBI. All were flawless.

jaydisc
23rd January 2020, 08:49 PM
So, back to the topic at hand…

One of the important things to know about disputes, aka chargebacks, is the timeframe within which you must request it. Usually, that's 120 days from the date of the transaction.

Now, in pre-order land, when we're preordering things six months in advance, that's obviously not very useful. However, there is a very important clause in every credit guide I've seen... if you have preordered an item with an expected delivery date in the future, the 120 days is actually calculated from the promised date of delivery. Even better, if the supplier extends that date, the 120 counter resets.

Now I've filed disputes where even the bank's customer representative is unaware of this extra clause. My advice is that if you are rebuked for this reason, REQUEST the documentation. The two times this has happened to me, I requested, and received the credit guide which clearly explains this, and in both cases, the bank came to the table and fought and won on my behalf. One of those cases was even an Indiegogo kickstarter. And you can betcha that Indiegogo has specific terms in their agreement to say no refunds, but as expected, those terms are null and void in the face of the credit card terms.

So, as many of you know, TBI was posting monthly updates. Those updates are evidence for your claim. Screenshot them now if they contain any items you're waiting for because your 120 day timeframe starts from those promised dates. I have saved copies of the October and November updates if anyone needs them. Also, screenshot product pages, especially ones with dates that work in your favour. Since PC, I now screenshot EVERY product page I preorder from ANY supplier.

Call me cynical, but I assumed the absence of December/January updates was for this reason. Be diligent. If you want to give TBI the benefit of the doubt, by all means do so, but know when your 120 day deadline is, and file before it hits. (and really, you should probably check the fact that your bank's deadline even is 120 days, but I've never seen any diverge from that).

Also, if you have ever gotten a response in writing from TBI with a promised date, that's also evidence as well for extending the timeframe to claim.

Finally, when it comes to making a claim, you have to provide evidence that you made the effort to contact the supplier. The first thing the bank is going to ask you is when was the last time you contacted them, and did you get a response. Luckily for you, TBI is famous for not responding. Again, this is evidence.

When it comes to various banks, some have better processes than others. For me, ANZ is a dream. You can initiate the dispute from internet banking, but I've always called. They've NEVER even asked for follow-up information. They give you a temporary credit back for the amount, issue a demand for more information from the supplier. In this case, that's likely to be PayPal, who in turn passes the request on to TBI. They have 30-45 days to respond. If there is no response (as there was not in my case) or the response is not adequate (they fail to provide proof of delivery), the credit stays on your account, the case is closed, and TBI likely faces a $20-30 penalty charge for the procedure.

In the past, NAB has been a bit more work. You call, they send you a follow-up letter in the mail with a one page questionnaire which you have to fill out, and sign before they proceed. Once they get that back, the same procedure as above continues (you get the credit, and the supplier has 30-45 days to respond or the credit stays and the case is closed). However, this time around, while NAB sent the letters, I never got a chance to send them back before they sent subsequent letters that everything was going ahead regardless. Your mileage may very. ¯\_(?)_/¯

I've had other disputes with other banks pre-PC (28° being one example), but all my recent experience is with ANZ and NAB.

Of course, all of the above presumes that your payment method was a credit card (or debit card with a credit card logo). Using PayPal as a middle-man makes no difference. Somewhat amusingly, the dispute is actually between your bank and PayPal, and then PayPal has to backchannel their own dispute with TBI.

I would strongly recommend that you DO NOT file a dispute with PayPal (unless you paid with PayPal balance or a bank-transfer). You're at the mercy of the random person who looks at the case. The credit card companies are way more clear and consistent in how they handle these disputes. If you didn't get the goods, and the seller can't provide proof of delivery, you're covered.

As said before, if you're unsure of your situation, please post, or DM me... I've personally found this knowledge invaluable in all walks of life, but annoyingly, it's been most useful when dealing with Australian Transformer resellers.

yoshi594
23rd January 2020, 08:59 PM
if paypal fails, you can still go through with your creditor. Paypal's refund limit is 180 days (roughly 6 months) and they will initially contact the seller. In my case, TBI failed to respond within the allotted time, thus i got an auto win.

To add some more to jay's post, if your financial institution refuses to play ball, go over their head and talk to the type of card you have with them. For example, 28 degrees refused to play ball with me during the pc debacle, so I went and made my case with mastercard themselves, a few days later, 28 degrees from their main office gave me a call and the rest is history.

jaydisc
23rd January 2020, 09:05 PM
For example, 28 degrees refused to play ball with me during the pc debacle, so I went and made my case with mastercard themselves, a few days later, 28 degrees from their main office gave me a call and the rest is history.

Interestingly, the Indiegogo dispute I filed was with 28 Degrees, and initially they refused ("> 120 days"), but I dug out their guide, found the delayed delivery clause, went back to them, and they played ball, and got the refund. They don't seem to have the most well trained representatives.

Trent
23rd January 2020, 09:07 PM
if paypal fails, you can still go through with your creditor. Paypal's refund limit is 180 days (roughly 6 months) and they will initially contact the seller. In my case, TBI failed to respond within the allotted time, thus i got an auto win.

To add some more to jay's post, if your financial institution refuses to play ball, go over their head and talk to the type of card you have with them. For example, 28 degrees refused to play ball with me during the pc debacle, so I went and made my case with mastercard themselves, a few days later, 28 degrees from their main office gave me a call and the rest is history.

Solid advice.

If everyone did that instead of ragging on people that actually get stuff from them, everyone would be a lot happier.

1AZRAEL1
24th January 2020, 03:22 PM
Seeing people threaten Stuart and his family is just, well, I can't say it on here. Seriously, the fandom has become so toxic. There is no need for it. I can't link to the FB post because it was deleted, and rightly so.

Raider
24th January 2020, 03:42 PM
Seeing people threaten Stuart and his family is just, well, I can't say it on here. Seriously, the fandom has become so toxic. There is no need for it. I can't link to the FB post because it was deleted, and rightly so.

It was disgraceful and it was criminal. The scum that posted that should be reported to the police!

Trent
24th January 2020, 07:59 PM

Dickless wonder. That’s what he is. The only group of bikies he could organise would need training wheels.

Raider
24th January 2020, 08:15 PM
Dickless wonder. That’s what he is. The only group of bikies he could organise would need training wheels.

^+1

It is comments like this that make me wish we could like comments.

Discosis
24th January 2020, 08:32 PM
It is comments like this that make me wish we could like comments.

100%

Also why can't we use emoji? Lol

Trent
26th January 2020, 11:08 PM
Congratulations are in order for Toybot Importz securing Retailer of the Year in the Ozformers awards. I guess the happy customers outweigh the unhappy on here at least!

Tha_Phantom
27th January 2020, 09:44 AM
I guess the happy customers outweigh the unhappy on here at least!

The question wasn't are you satisfied or dissatisfied with TBI, so I don't think it's fair to make that call. For all we know the 82% of people who didn't vote for them have had a negative experience (an extreme example I know).

DaptoDog
27th January 2020, 11:24 AM
The question wasn't are you satisfied or dissatisfied with TBI, so I don't think it's fair to make that call. For all we know the 82% of people who didn't vote for them have had a negative experience (an extreme example I know).

True, they would win both best and worst in show.

jaydisc
27th January 2020, 11:33 AM
Congratulations are in order for Toybot Importz securing Retailer of the Year in the Ozformers awards. I guess the happy customers outweigh the unhappy on here at least!

Really? I'm not sure I've ever seen 18% warrant congratulations, but it most certainly doesn't represent any kind of consensus. Looking at the other percentages, my guess is that 18% arose from 6 votes... and you only need to scroll back a few pages to see who those might be from.

For the previous two years, TBI had 20%, and 24% (neither were first place), so, we've definitely witnessed a decline. And the year before that, it was Premium Collectables at 45% (2.5 times as high!) and we all now how that ended.

If you're still in disbelief that there is a large swath of customers that have been ripped off, make a dedicated poll. And if you're really courageous, post it on Facebook too, and not just among the OTCA TBI faithful.

Omega Metro
27th January 2020, 01:05 PM
Congratulations are in order for Toybot Importz securing Retailer of the Year in the Ozformers awards.

This is the funniest thing I’ve read so far today.:D

Trent
27th January 2020, 02:47 PM
Really? I'm not sure I've ever seen 18% warrant congratulations, but it most certainly doesn't represent any kind of consensus. Looking at the other percentages, my guess is that 18% arose from 6 votes... and you only need to scroll back a few pages to see who those might be from.

For the previous two years, TBI had 20%, and 24% (neither were first place), so, we've definitely witnessed a decline. And the year before that, it was Premium Collectables at 45% (2.5 times as high!) and we all now how that ended.

If you're still in disbelief that there is a large swath of customers that have been ripped off, make a dedicated poll. And if you're really courageous, post it on Facebook too, and not just among the OTCA TBI faithful.

Percentages aside, they came first. I’ll save you the pain of quoting Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious.

Also not sure how you get 18% equals 6 votes?

Sinnertwin
27th January 2020, 02:54 PM

Point is, with 18% of the votes, they were the winners. We can debate the decline in numbers etc until the cows come home, but it's not going to change anything.

Speaking of which, if 18% is the highest numbers of votes, what does that say about the rest of the online stores like HLJ who won in 2017 with 32%, placed third in 2018 with 18%, but didn't even make it on to this years list? They must be horrible to deal with based on those figures alone. Avoid.
See? You can massage numbers like I've just done to fit any narrative.

As for your poll, if you're so keen to prove a point, there's nothing stopping you from starting one.

Tha_Phantom
27th January 2020, 03:29 PM
Speaking of which, if 18% is the highest numbers of votes, what does that say about the rest of the online stores like HLJ who won in 2017 with 32%, placed third in 2018 with 18%, but didn't even make it on to this years list? They must be horrible to deal with based on those figures alone. Avoid.

If HLJ has a feedback thread getting bumped every few days with negative criticism and people doing bank chargebacks then I'll believe that.

griffin
27th January 2020, 03:59 PM
Just a reminder...

Please just comment on your own experiences,

Rehashing opinions over and over again will not resolve anything or result in anything positive.
Just post feedback on your transaction if you had one, as visitors need to see the feedback posts, which end up getting buried in pages of debate.

Paulbot
27th January 2020, 04:16 PM
Following a couple of messages about the Awards this morning, I've now caught up on the last six pages of this thread and see why people are asking.

Firstly just wanted to note that I'm not a customer of Toybot Importz and I don't know the owner personally (although we may have crossed paths at one of the meetups I've been to in Sydney and have a connection on Twitter I am not a "friend").

I've gone back over the results and while actually I do have a correction to make, this company received the most votes from the voting pool and it was more than 10. The voting pool was smaller than it's been in a few years but I can't see any suspicious behavior. The same IP address didn't vote 10 times for instance.

Votes were spread across a lot of different retailers and for transparency the full list of sources that got votes is:

toybot importz 18%
Amazon 15%
thelittletoycompany 9%
OhMyPrimus 9%
RoboToyz 8%
Robotkingdom 8%
Saviour toys 5%
Hobbylink Japan 5%
BBTS 5%
Uncle Petes 3%
TBI 3%
Zing 2%
Toys and beyond 2%
Tftoys.com.au/Xin 2%
Tfsource 2%
TF toys 2%
Showz Store 2%
Popculcha 2%
eBay 2%
AmiAmi/HLJ 2%

Raider
27th January 2020, 04:37 PM
Aren't TBI and Toybot Importz the same? Guess it got 21% then.

Paulbot
27th January 2020, 04:45 PM

Yes that would be right.

BigTransformerTrev
27th January 2020, 06:33 PM
Following a couple of messages about the Awards this morning, I've now caught up on the last six pages of this thread and see why people are asking.

Firstly just wanted to note that I'm not a customer of Toybot Importz and I don't know the owner personally (although we may have crossed paths at one of the meetups I've been to in Sydney and have a connection on Twitter I am not a "friend").

I've gone back over the results and while actually I do have a correction to make, this company received the most votes from the voting pool and it was more than 10. The voting pool was smaller than it's been in a few years but I can't see any suspicious behavior. The same IP address didn't vote 10 times for instance.

Votes were spread across a lot of different retailers and for transparency the full list of sources that got votes is:

toybot importz 18%
Amazon 15%
thelittletoycompany 9%
OhMyPrimus 9%
RoboToyz 8%
Robotkingdom 8%
Saviour toys 5%
Hobbylink Japan 5%
BBTS 5%
Uncle Petes 3%
TBI 3%
Zing 2%
Toys and beyond 2%
Tftoys.com.au/Xin 2%
Tfsource 2%
TF toys 2%
Showz Store 2%
Popculcha 2%
eBay 2%
AmiAmi/HLJ 2%

Yes that would be right.

Oh for the love of Primus. This is meant to be a feedback thread - the OzF awards are obvious feedback and everyone is complaining and questioning Paul’s results.

If you have been f’ed over by TBI you have my condolences. And for the record I’ve never done business with them so I voted for Amazon or HLJ- can’t remeber which (Paul I give you permission to confirm this via what otherwise should be a private vote). But you shouldn’t be questioning Paul who has been doing these votes for years and has the highest integrity.

But it couldn’t be more apparent there is now a witchhunt after this company. This Witch-hunt seems to seek, by connection, to attack anyone that has NOT had a negative experience. Bullying tactics by anyone’s standard.

Can you all just chill out and adhere to the instructions Griffin has given out TWICE now?

Just a reminder...

Rehashing opinions over and over again will not resolve anything or result in anything positive.
Just post feedback on your transaction if you had one, as visitors need to see the feedback posts, which end up getting buried in pages of debate.

Would make this thread valid for the rest of us again. Thank you.

Mikael
27th January 2020, 10:50 PM
And for the record I’ve never done business with them so I voted for Amazon or HLJ- can’t remeber which
I would also vote for Amazon and HLJ if I had the chance. Never had any issues with either of them. AmiAmi and 1999.co.jp also get my recommendation.
I would not vote for TBI based on my own customer interactions, or lack thereof. Will be interesting to observe the feedback (positive/negative) from others on this feedback thread in time to come.

Batfan007
29th January 2020, 06:35 PM

No, it would mean that loads of their customers - most probably the majority of customers - have nothing to do with these forums and so their feedback is silent or not heard.

Batfan007
29th January 2020, 06:40 PM
So for anyone else getting refunds through afterpay, were you successful?

Did they say anything like it's over "x" amount of days, and what did you do to respond to them?

This is my current process, for all the non-delivered items as of 29/1/20 - many of which were due 3-6 months ago and that TBI are still refusing to refund, or send, or really respond at all.

I've seen a few random customers receiving stuff on FB, but two more months on, and no sign of the items they indicated they had received back in November being posted, no notificatio email of postage, and they ignored the new customer request I send several weeks ago asking "PLEASE POST THE IN STOCK PRE-ORD ITEMS YOU NOW HAVE IN STOCK THAT ARE PAID FOR" etc etc.

And has anyone at all here received any items in January 2020?

deez
29th January 2020, 11:29 PM
So for anyone else getting refunds through afterpay, were you successful?

Did they say anything like it's over "x" amount of days, and what did you do to respond to them?

This is my current process, for all the non-delivered items as of 29/1/20 - many of which were due 3-6 months ago and that TBI are still refusing to refund, or send, or really respond at all.

I've seen a few random customers receiving stuff on FB, but two more months on, and no sign of the items they indicated they had received back in November being posted, no notificatio email of postage, and they ignored the new customer request I send several weeks ago asking "PLEASE POST THE IN STOCK PRE-ORD ITEMS YOU NOW HAVE IN STOCK THAT ARE PAID FOR" etc etc.

And has anyone at all here received any items in January 2020?

No, still missing MP-10g and soc Gx-71.

No way in hell this "company" should be number one in anything BUT bad reviews.

jaydisc
29th January 2020, 11:30 PM
... and if there is another site that collects feedback or updates, just post a link to that site.

Whole slew of new feedback on Facebook here (https://www.facebook.com/groups/208699415957336?view=permalink&id=1423621234465142) and I just came across ProductReview (https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/toybot-importz) a couple days ago.

deez
29th January 2020, 11:42 PM
Whole slew of new feedback on Facebook here (https://www.facebook.com/groups/208699415957336?view=permalink&id=1423621234465142) and I just came across ProductReview (https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/toybot-importz) a couple days ago.

Thanks, gave a review based on my experience. Horrible company.

Mikael
30th January 2020, 11:42 PM
TBI's response to concerns raised on social media 3 months so far has presented as BS. Still quite a number of customers waiting on email responses and extremely overdue/non-delivered pre-ordered goods. The authorities are aware of this. Appears as though there are TBI friends or the like (some of whom aren't customers) posting in support, it's eminently obvious.

Not really interested in what goes on with their FB page, from what I hear it's censored, and real customers with genuine concerns are kicked off. Hear stories of TBI being bullied, but really this serves to distract from the genuine customers waiting for their goods, and with concerns of those goods not being delivered. Obviously some fanboys don't give two hoots about that. If a supplier falls through, the buck stops with TBI.

On another note there is expected to be more news this year on the PC debacle and Dwyer who has been indicted.

ZoonMaster5000
31st January 2020, 12:03 AM
I?m actually more curious as to how long before they become a high risk merchant from all the chargebacks and having their merchant account frozen? Then I assume it will be curtains for them.

Scott Dwyer indicted! Best news ever

deez
31st January 2020, 11:16 PM
TBH I kinda feel personally attacked each time I see a well packed post from other tbi customers, they kicked me while I was already down with a craptastic auspost bag ship and damaged boxes and won't even own up to it.

griffin
31st January 2020, 11:55 PM
(2 day time out)

calubin_175
8th February 2020, 01:49 PM
Has anyone received anything lately?

Did anyone else order the Metal Build Eva-02?

deez
8th February 2020, 05:31 PM
No word them in a month, said they would look into the damaged box of my dairugger, all lies.

Zero confidence, zero communication.

Batfan007
9th February 2020, 11:09 PM
***PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS POST AND IF SO, PLEASE AT LEAST DO ME THE COURTESY OF SENDING A PM ***

I will no longer be posting in this thread (by request) unless:

(1) I receive refunds for MIA items from TBI (most of which ordered around Feb 2019)
or
(2) I receive the actual items, some of which were listed as "arrived" back in Nov 2019, but nothing had shipped and no refunds either as of 9th Feb 2020.

I will also use my various posts here as further proof of dates / non shipped items. Which is why I preferred to post at least once a month, to keep a running record of TBI not shipping items, that may be helpful to others seeking refunds also for their missing items.

I have created a Facebook Page where all are welcome to talk about their undelivered orders, no communication, or non refunds, that sort of thing. There will be no harrassment of any individuals etc, it's merely there to keep an open and honest record of the various issues with this business.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/536685143612487/

***PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS POST AND IF SO, PLEASE AT LEAST DO ME THE COURTESY OF SENDING A PM ***

Krayt
11th February 2020, 01:19 PM
Amazing package arrived last week....

Cromar
Zetar
Lancer
Nightbird
Galactic Man
Jetfire
3 Pack Cassettes....

Sent an email asking what stuff from my orders (12 items over 8 orders) was in, emailed a reply next day saying they would box it all up, and sent a couple of days later.... 7/12 aint bad!

Tomahawk
13th February 2020, 03:32 PM
Over $1000 paid to these people and no product, no response to emails and no professionalism at all. They are obviously over.

snaketales
13th February 2020, 05:25 PM
I haven't received a reply to my query, but I have received a shipping notice, which I guess is an answer in itself.

Tomahawk
14th February 2020, 06:45 PM
I cannot for the life of me understand why you would not communicate with your customers. Picking choosing who gets replied to. Ironically I paid more to use these guys because I wanted to support a local business. It was a conscious decision to not go straight to the overseas sites. Lesson learnt.

ZoonMaster5000
14th February 2020, 08:29 PM
I haven't received a reply to my query, but I have received a shipping notice, which I guess is an answer in itself.

I wouldn?t say it is, if you put a query through they should answer it full stop. It?s proper business etiquette

Krayt
14th February 2020, 10:13 PM
TBI Have just put out an update about the update.... which will be out be Sunday after COVID-19 made it obsolete.... but basically getting stuff from Asia is delayed. But the real information was in how they ship. after previous issues, they batch ship in $1000 lots. So basically like 2 new MP primes at a time... 2 BW MP Megs at a time... 4 omegas.... etc etc.... so maybe people can take this and realise why getting larger items out is taking them longer than people want

Tomahawk
14th February 2020, 10:49 PM
Where is this update/excuse/bs?
Do they send updates by Australia post? Coz they should just use the email provided by their customers or respond to their customers and save the Australia Post for actually shipping the items that have been ordered.
It really is beyond ridiculous.

Raider
14th February 2020, 11:01 PM
Where is this update/excuse/bs?

It was published on their FB page and I believe will end up on their news feed on their website. They stated that an item update will be available Sunday so anyone with outstanding orders should check that out when it drops.

Tomahawk
14th February 2020, 11:15 PM
Cant see it anywhere now. But regardless it?s a superfluous excuse to delays of stuff that already arrived in Oz. Nor does it explain not responding to customers, yet responding to some people apparently immediately.
It really is a shame. It would have been great to have a local ?go to? business.

deez
15th February 2020, 10:50 PM
Bull, China stopped shipping end of Jan, most the stuff was due to arrive middle of Dec/early Jan, where is the items that they have said arrived and pre-orders shipping?

WTF did they do the whole month of January? Looks like more and more lies to me.

Krayt
16th February 2020, 09:40 AM
Well late jan they boxed up half my items and sent them to me... and before that the answered an email I sent... so after their time off I think the answered emails and sent packages

And a quick look at Chinese CNY shutdowns... says China stops 10 days before so people can go home... so if CNY was on Jan 25, that’s Jan 15 that last shipments could have happened...

deez
16th February 2020, 12:23 PM
Well late jan they boxed up half my items and sent them to me... and before that the answered an email I sent... so after their time off I think the answered emails and sent packages

And a quick look at Chinese CNY shutdowns... says China stops 10 days before so people can go home... so if CNY was on Jan 25, that’s Jan 15 that last shipments could have happened...

Why are you defending them, just because they sent you stuff, does not mean they are in the right.

There is many people lacking items that they themselves have said items have arrived, in November / Dec. They are obviously lying and dragging things out for who knows why.

ZoonMaster5000
16th February 2020, 01:14 PM
Why are you defending them, just because they sent you stuff, does not mean they are in the right.

There is many people lacking items that they themselves have said items have arrived, in November / Dec. They are obviously lying and dragging things out for who knows why.

It?s a feedback thread and he?s simply leaving feedback good or bad. While I agree with you Krayt is well within his rights to safely post in this thread. Although I would like to know how late after release you received them

griffin
16th February 2020, 06:38 PM

Posting facts and their personal feedback is what this topic is for. A customer mustn't withhold legitimate information just because it might hurt OR help a business.

Krayt
17th February 2020, 11:53 AM
Hard to tell how "late" the things were...

Jetfire 2nd stock was waiting on smokescreen, but they shipped him without smokescreen
Galactic Man SW had to wait for Lancer.... This shipment was when Lancer arrived
Cromar came without hotshot, hotshot not arrived yet
3 pack cassettes were waiting on more things (ship 4 items option)
Zetar and Nightbird were waiting on more things (ship 4 items option)

So really... no major delay i was concerned about.

deez
17th February 2020, 02:59 PM
Hard to tell how "late" the things were...

Jetfire 2nd stock was waiting on smokescreen, but they shipped him without smokescreen
Galactic Man SW had to wait for Lancer.... This shipment was when Lancer arrived
Cromar came without hotshot, hotshot not arrived yet
3 pack cassettes were waiting on more things (ship 4 items option)
Zetar and Nightbird were waiting on more things (ship 4 items option)

So really... no major delay i was concerned about.

I paid separate shipping on all my items, soc Gx-71 has said arrived (still does on latest post) since Nov, I have no trust.

Will see what Queensland fair trade has to say in two days.

ChlorHex
18th February 2020, 01:39 PM
My experience so far...
All purchases have been fulfilled aside from an in stock purchase made over a month ago.
Not sure what's going on and i really don't want to be let down as I've been a satisfied customer but all these stories of unfulfilled orders are starting to concern me.

Krayt
18th February 2020, 01:57 PM
Honestly, I'm wondering if their is an issue getting stuff to WA/NZ via sendle.... seems to be where alot of complaints or issues arise.

There's one guy (Let's call him Mr Customer) with 6 orders, all separate, but some large items that from what i see, are waiting for all his items to arrive so they ship together (looks like 4/6 arrived very recently). Seeming free shipping appears to have been picked on all, this makes sense on that evidence, but to Mr Customer wanting each thing as it arrived (And yes I have a feeling this is a board member... but this was shown on FB yesterday..) their complaint is that 1 item arrived a while ago, so why hasen't it sent yet.

Then you look at how TBI seems to operate.... its been said by TBI before they wont answer emails about information found on the website.... so "Why hasn't my stuff sent" is easily answered by looking up the shipping info (Answer: when there are 4 things to send it will send because thats what was selected.)

So Mr Customer is upset he hasn't got his item. Mr TBI is upset he keeps getting asked about shipping. Mr Customer is upset his Q about shipping hasn't been answered.... and all the while the last item is about to arrive soon and kick the delivery into action.....

But for ChlorHex, your location says WA... and maybe sendle doesn't give the nice cheap rate for stuff crossing the country, so thats why your instock is a little slow, and Mr Customer's 6 orders aren't getting split up into more frequent sendles.

deez
18th February 2020, 06:00 PM
Honestly, I'm wondering if their is an issue getting stuff to WA/NZ via sendle.... seems to be where alot of complaints or issues arise.

There's one guy (Let's call him Mr Customer) with 6 orders, all separate, but some large items that from what i see, are waiting for all his items to arrive so they ship together (looks like 4/6 arrived very recently). Seeming free shipping appears to have been picked on all, this makes sense on that evidence, but to Mr Customer wanting each thing as it arrived (And yes I have a feeling this is a board member... but this was shown on FB yesterday..) their complaint is that 1 item arrived a while ago, so why hasen't it sent yet.

Then you look at how TBI seems to operate.... its been said by TBI before they wont answer emails about information found on the website.... so "Why hasn't my stuff sent" is easily answered by looking up the shipping info (Answer: when there are 4 things to send it will send because thats what was selected.)

So Mr Customer is upset he hasn't got his item. Mr TBI is upset he keeps getting asked about shipping. Mr Customer is upset his Q about shipping hasn't been answered.... and all the while the last item is about to arrive soon and kick the delivery into action.....

But for ChlorHex, your location says WA... and maybe sendle doesn't give the nice cheap rate for stuff crossing the country, so thats why your instock is a little slow, and Mr Customer's 6 orders aren't getting split up into more frequent sendles.

Still doesn't compute with my two orders that have been paid with separate shipping and both have shown arrived for along time, it doesn't add up and there is plenty of lies.

Krayt
18th February 2020, 07:19 PM
Still doesn't compute with my two orders that have been paid with separate shipping and both have shown arrived for along time, it doesn't add up and there is plenty of lies.

What are your 2 orders?

deez
18th February 2020, 07:53 PM
Gx-71, arrived said Nov, and MP-10g.

The arrived / March makes no sense and more delay tactic it looks.

Krayt
18th February 2020, 08:07 PM
Gx-71, arrived said Nov, and MP-10g.

The arrived / March makes no sense and more delay tactic it looks.

Probably coming in in batches, and working through as they arrive. Hence some but not all are out.

And MP-10g has only just arrived.... also waiting for it

P.s. Monty sucks..... GB forever!

snaketales
27th February 2020, 02:31 PM
Received Lancer yesterday. Paid in August, pre-order ETA November. I had a response to a query in December but radio silence thereafter until I got the shipping notification.
It was well packed, with a handwritten thank you note, and I have no complaints in that respect, but the lag time has me thinking twice about doing more pre-orders.

Batfan007
3rd March 2020, 12:25 AM
Received email notification of 3 items for shipment via sendle: (email date March 3rd 2019)

https://i.imgur.com/Jq2GHMG.jpg

Mirage
Thundercracker
Smokescreen

*3 other old items not shipped (also the most expensive of the 6 total items) SIEGE Astro Train, Planet X Grimlock, SIEGE Omega Supreme.

Not that ALL items I have asked for refunds for and not received at item, or a refund at this stage. will post when/if anything actually arrives.

No mention of the 3 missing items in email or to my customer queries (all old items from 2019).

After these items didnt turn up 3-6 months ago, bought them elsewhere, (rather than miss out altogether) so useless to me getting more doubles.

NOTE: The emails were only received after I opened a case with QLD Fair Trade, and im contact with others who received no communication from TBI for months on end, until they contacted QLD Fair Trade, and then in space of week or so after that contact they heard from TBI out of the blue.

jaydisc
3rd March 2020, 10:40 AM
Has ANYONE received ANY Takara Masterpiece figures since June 2019?

Krayt
3rd March 2020, 11:01 AM
Received email notification of 3 items for shipment via sendle: (email date March 3rd 2019)

https://i.imgur.com/Jq2GHMG.jpg

Mirage
Thundercracker
Smokescreen

*3 other old items not shipped (also the most expensive of the 6 total items) SIEGE Astro Train, Planet X Grimlock, SIEGE Omega Supreme.

Not that ALL items I have asked for refunds for and not received at item, or a refund at this stage. will post when/if anything actually arrives.

No mention of the 3 missing items in email or to my customer queries (all old items from 2019).

After these items didnt turn up 3-6 months ago, bought them elsewhere, (rather than miss out altogether) so useless to me getting more doubles.

NOTE: The emails were only received after I opened a case with QLD Fair Trade, and im contact with others who received no communication from TBI for months on end, until they contacted QLD Fair Trade, and then in space of week or so after that contact they heard from TBI out of the blue.

Are you saying your mirage is an extra?

If so i'll take it.... (If your offloading that is)

Oh... and sometimes they make a sendle with 1 order, then once sendle picks it up theres more info in the sendle description....

(Order "ORDER TBI-5716" became "Description 5716, 5565Jetfire, 5527,5428")

nalops
3rd March 2020, 02:49 PM
Still waiting on my Refraktor 3 pack through them. It's due in March after originally being due last year. I'm willing to wait until end of March but April would be last straw. How do I go about getting a refund if I've paid through Afterpay?

Krayt
4th March 2020, 11:07 AM
Still waiting on my Refraktor 3 pack through them. It's due in March after originally being due last year. I'm willing to wait until end of March but April would be last straw. How do I go about getting a refund if I've paid through Afterpay?

It's in the March due stuff, but their shipping is delayed due to China shutdown.... so I think it will probably slip again...

drifand
17th March 2020, 05:28 PM
I have toys ordered on Sunday with a China retailer shipped today. Is BAU.
There is no shut down for China side in terms of shipping out items. Production of things are slowed down. But I thought is better I say something than people just believe their toys are not shipping out of China as that is false.

deez
19th March 2020, 12:34 AM
There is no shut down for China side in terms of shipping out items. Production of things are slowed down. But I thought is better I say something than people just believe their toys are not shipping out of China as that is false.

Correct, it's an outright lie.

They never got my Gx-71 or MP-10g in and kept delaying and delaying. Took a police report and fair trade contact to get them to refund, waiting for refund of MP-48 as I highly doubt they will get that to me either.

All they do is lie, evade customer questions and get their cronies to do the talking. Avoid doing business with this shiesty fraudsters.

1AZRAEL1
24th March 2020, 03:09 PM
Got a bunch of stuff from them yesterday. Apeface and a few selects figures. Always packaged well.

Krayt
24th March 2020, 08:14 PM
Pretty sure reflector 3pack has shipped with some other selects..... but won’t be able to tell until work let’s me go back to the office

Krayt
24th March 2020, 08:16 PM

Shipping from a post office is different to a warehouse and full international shipping forwarder arrangement....

Not surprised something small can get out easy... but bulk is different

Krayt
31st March 2020, 12:30 PM
Pretty sure reflector 3pack has shipped with some other selects..... but won’t be able to tell until work let’s me go back to the office

Reflector, Smokescreen, Cromar and HotShot all safely here now

nalops
31st March 2020, 04:25 PM
Wait, you got the Reflector 3 pack? I'm still waiting on mine.

Krayt
1st April 2020, 01:28 AM
Wait, you got the Reflector 3 pack? I'm still waiting on mine.

Only just started shipping... have you got more items on order?

nalops
1st April 2020, 02:49 PM
Only just started shipping... have you got more items on order?

I do but I paid shipping for the 3 pack so hopefully get it soon then.

Krayt
1st April 2020, 04:20 PM
It might wait till the other stuff arrives....

What the rest? (PM if you dont want to say here)

nalops
1st April 2020, 05:31 PM
It might wait till the other stuff arrives....

What the rest? (PM if you dont want to say here)

I would've hoped not since I paid extra for postage but oh well. I ordered SS Bike sisters, Soundwave, Scavenger and Mixmaster which I used the 4 for free shipping. Then I also ordered the Wave 3 Seacons which I put in crate with in stock SS Ksi Boss and potp Nemesis Prime.

Batfan007
1st April 2020, 09:10 PM
Heard back from QLD Fair Trade that they had contacted TBI regarding the several hundred dollars of missing (not sent) items from 2019.
Got an email from TBI saying they would send out the items, but never received the oldest missing orders, they only sent some newer stuff and totally ignored my request to send the March/April year of *2019* items, and they still refuse to refund.
Put new reqests in at TBI about a month ago, but never heard anything back again. Only contact I got was the first email after QLD FT contacted them.

Gehirn
16th April 2020, 03:47 PM
Seems as though I have bought through these guys via their ebay (tbi_collectables). Item was in stock and now two weeks have past and no communication or item. Ebay feedback was great but then I discovered this thread and others so a bit concerned.

Batfan007
1st May 2020, 05:29 PM
TBI - #4575

FACTUAL RECORD OF EVENTS DEVOID OF "OPINIONS" OR DREADED "EMOTIONS" LEST THY INCUR THE WRATH OF THINGS FROM THE UNDERVERSE:

*Fact: Thou did receivith thine collectible mechanation from an alien nation on the calendar day and year of 30/4/20 that thou humbly requested on 'Smarch 07, 2019, perhaps lost to frost giants for many moons, promised in yonder new spring of 2019. Despite pleadings to the All Father, thou did not receive divine inspiration nor communication from the Oracle of Toys.

Reversals refused, collector not amused.

https://i.imgur.com/YvI2PHE.jpg

Gehirn
1st May 2020, 05:48 PM
Seems as though I have bought through these guys via their ebay (tbi_collectables). Item was in stock and now two weeks have past and no communication or item. Ebay feedback was great but then I discovered this thread and others so a bit concerned.

Just thought I'd update this.

After three weeks since I placed the order I was able to leave feedback and put in an item not received request to ebay. The following day I was contacted that they didn't receive my order due to an error between their Ebay and sales system.

They then offered to ship it out that day and give me a near 50% refund. I received the item about a week later (early this week) and the refund was processed.

While there were no replies during the first few weeks, they were pretty quick with replies and service afterwards. So my order worked out although slow, hopefully everyone else gets some sort of results either in getting the product or refunds.

Krayt
1st May 2020, 10:18 PM
TBI - #4575

FACTUAL RECORD OF EVENTS DEVOID OF "OPINIONS" OR DREADED "EMOTIONS" LEST THY INCUR THE WRATH OF THINGS FROM THE UNDERVERSE:

*Fact: Thou did receivith thine collectible mechanation from an alien nation on the calendar day and year of 30/4/20 that thou humbly requested on 'Smarch 07, 2019, perhaps lost to frost giants for many moons, promised in yonder new spring of 2019. Despite pleadings to the All Father, thou did not receive divine inspiration nor communication from the Oracle of Toys.

So your omega arrived at the same time that others who bought from TBI got theirs....

Tranceblade
2nd May 2020, 06:49 PM
TBI - #4575

Cryptic circles and squiggles in your image aside,
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

nalops
13th May 2020, 09:48 PM
Just got 3 Sendle notifications for pre-orders I made ages ago. Still missing 4 figures but it's a start.

Krayt
14th May 2020, 01:40 AM
What sort of stuff? And one sendle may have multiple orders... the initial email usually says one order number, but once sendle gets it, the next notification lists all included

nalops
14th May 2020, 01:17 PM
Ah ok. Well, hasn't been picked up yet it seems. Anyway, I have Refraktor 3 pack, SS Mixmaster, SS Arcee from pre-orders and PotP Nemesis Prime and SS Ksi Boss which were in stock when I bought but were crated to ship with wave 3 Seacons (which haven't arrived.) Then I just need SS Scavenger and SS Soundwave.

I did order White Tiger Ranger and MP Cheetor from them 29th April to send to a friend and arrived 10 May so they're ok with in stock orders.

Krayt
14th May 2020, 01:58 PM
Yay for stuffs.... my own refractor pack came a couple of weeks ago.

And just like digging into what’s shipping out.... waiting on redwing and MP-10g myself

nalops
18th May 2020, 10:09 PM
Finally got my pre-orders today after long time waiting. Unfortunately the Sendle courier seems to have placed something heavy on top of the box because 2 of the boxes are crushed. PotP Nemesis, I was probably going to throw away the box anyway but really wanted to keep the Refraktor Reconnaissance box :(

deez
22nd May 2020, 11:34 PM
Yay for stuffs.... my own refractor pack came a couple of weeks ago.

And just like digging into what’s shipping out.... waiting on redwing and MP-10g myself

Hate to be the one that gives you bad news, but they refunded me for mp-10g, then bought it for much cheaper =P

Krayt
23rd May 2020, 10:50 AM
Hate to be the one that gives you bad news, but they refunded me for mp-10g, then bought it for much cheaper =P

When was that?

Batfan007
8th June 2020, 08:30 PM
So your omega arrived at the same time that others who bought from TBI got theirs....

No idea what you are are talking about.

Saw multiple posts on social media in November/December 2019 with photo of TBI customers with their Omegas in hand.

The current year we are living is 2020, which is the year the Omega toy arrived here in WA at my house around April/May - you'll see my previous post is dated May 1st.

Please note my statement of facts devoid of "opinions"

That is all.

*Please at least to attempt to treat others here like human beings. I find your odd comment dis-respectful and un-necessary.*

Krayt
8th June 2020, 10:37 PM
No idea what you are are talking about.

Saw multiple posts on social media in November/December 2019 with photo of TBI customers with their Omegas in hand.

The current year we are living is 2020, which is the year the Omega toy arrived here in WA at my house around April/May - you'll see my previous post is dated May 1st.

Please note my statement of facts devoid of "opinions"

That is all.

*Please at least to attempt to treat others here like human beings. I find your odd comment dis-respectful and un-necessary.*

Saw about 15-20 posts online of omegas arriving at the same time yours did... late April early May 2020.... that’s what I referred too

Batfan007
12th June 2020, 01:56 PM
Added "Krayt" to ignore list.

Barely visit these forums at all anymore due to obnoxious people like that.

Krayt
12th June 2020, 08:52 PM

Geez.... all for offering advice and presenting facts.... guess the truth does hurt....

GoktimusPrime
12th June 2020, 09:50 PM

*internet high five* :)

nalops
13th June 2020, 11:07 AM
I thought after getting my recent package from them, they were finally back to better service but their silence since June 4 has me worried about the rest of my pre-orders, especially since I stupidly decided to get Wave 3 Seacons through them and I don't think I'll be able to get them anywhere else.

deez
25th June 2020, 12:23 PM
Anyone received MP lio from them yet?

nalops
17th July 2020, 03:30 PM
Has anyone received anything from them lately? I'm still waiting on Seacons and SS Scavenger and Soundwave....

calubin_175
19th July 2020, 04:12 PM
Is anyone able to launch a class action of sorts to retrieve lost monies due to them not responding and not refunding customers for overdue orders?

Sadly, this harkens back to the PC Scott Dwyer days.

Please advise on how to request a chargeback in terms of stating the dates etc. I know that it is 120 days from expected arrival and a maximum of 540 days after the transaction date for credit cards. I know a friend who has paid by Paypal for a preorder and is really in need of help on how to collect a refund.

For Queenslanders, has anyone gone up to the shop front to request a refund?

Thanks.

griffin
19th July 2020, 07:20 PM
Are they still difficult to reach through facebook? I think I saw a post pop up somewhere that they were relaunching or expanding something (I didn't take much notice, but remembered seeing their name or logo recently).

nalops
19th July 2020, 07:27 PM
Are they still difficult to reach through facebook? I think I saw a post pop up somewhere that they were relaunching or expanding something (I didn't take much notice, but remembered seeing their name or logo recently).

They seem to have recently opened a store. Hoping that means their online business gets going again but they've been very quiet for a while now unfortunately.

ChlorHex
20th July 2020, 03:02 PM
They're not even responding to queries made by their customers in their exclusive FB group - some who apparently have spent thousands in purchases/pre-orders.
I don't quite understand why the lack of effort to reassure their customer base.
Maybe the focus is now on walk in customers seeing that they've got a physical store.
As for myself, I'm staying clear - this is too reminiscent of PC before their downfall and i honestly don't need the hassle with paying for items and having to beg for them to be shipped to me.
Further to that, their pricing isn't competitive as what it was before and thus, weighing in all the above factors, the risks far outweigh the purchases.

jaydisc
20th July 2020, 04:15 PM
Please advise on how to request a chargeback in terms of stating the dates etc. I know that it is 120 days from expected arrival and a maximum of 540 days after the transaction date for credit cards. I know a friend who has paid by Paypal for a preorder and is really in need of help on how to collect a refund.

You seem aware of the date ranges. The next step is to contact your credit card company. If you or your friend used PayPal, it depends how you funded the PayPal transactions. If you funded with a credit card, then again, call your credit card company. If you funded with a bank transfer, you have less protection and dispute options. I'm not familiar with PayPal's timeframes as I always fund with a credit card.

If credit card disputes aren't an option, I believe others have had success filing a report with the Queensland Office of Fair Trading, who then chases TBI on your behalf.

The Queensland Consumer Rights website actually recommends that you contact Queensland Police:
https://www.qld.gov.au/law/your-rights/consumer-rights-complaints-and-scams/scams-fraud/report-a-scam

They even list the following example as a reason to contact the police:

"issues with buying or selling goods online (paid up-front for products that don’t arrive or don’t exist)"

nalops
21st July 2020, 09:43 PM
Seems like I'm FINALLY going to get the last of my Seacons from TBI. Still need my (now 2nd) Scavenger from them and Soundwave and I'll be pretty much done with this company until they get a LOT better.

deez
30th July 2020, 02:05 PM
Got my final refund finally (mp Lio convoy) only took 4 more months after they pushed back the date...please avoid this business.

calubin_175
12th August 2020, 07:45 PM
So are a bunch of orders from last year considered as scam transactions now? Did the Department of Fair Trading assist in processing any refunds?

jaydisc
13th August 2020, 08:49 AM
Yes, the office of Fair Trading appears to hav been instrumental in forcing TBI to provide refunds in some cases.

Did you pay via a credit card? Did you fund your PayPal transactions with a credit card? If so, contact your bank.

If not, contact Queensland Police and the Queensland Office of Fair Trading.

If you need supporting information, ask here, or there is also a group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/536685143612487) dedicated to helping people get their money back.

calubin_175
15th August 2020, 11:59 AM
Yes, the office of Fair Trading appears to hav been instrumental in forcing TBI to provide refunds in some cases.

Did you pay via a credit card? Did you fund your PayPal transactions with a credit card? If so, contact your bank.

If not, contact Queensland Police and the Queensland Office of Fair Trading.

If you need supporting information, ask here, or there is also a group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/536685143612487) dedicated to helping people get their money back.

Thanks, my brother was the one who needed help with a Bandai figure.

Sol_Bad
1st September 2020, 09:25 AM
Has anyone ordered in stock items with this guy? Is it safe to order them or nah?

nalops
1st September 2020, 10:03 AM
Has anyone ordered in stock items with this guy? Is it safe to order them or nah?

I did in May. Got the items delivered to my friend in about a week. Not sure how it'd be now though.

ChlorHex
1st September 2020, 01:13 PM

I had to politely remind them to ship my in-stock purchases previously as they'd forgotten.
This was a while back and i no longer shop with them as i was honestly rather appalled by their lack of care and lack of response given to buyers who have preordered and paid for their items but did not receive them - this was all openly shared in their own exclusive Facebook group.
I don't believe that consumers should beg and grovel for items that they have already paid for - this is unethical and disrespectful.
They don't have the best prices anyway.

I would recommend Ohmyprimus.com for their reliability, pricing, communication, packaging and follow-up.
They have a wider selection on top of the above great service and are big time sellers who will deliver on what you paid for AND they respect their customers.

Sol_Bad
1st September 2020, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas, I was looking at some none Transformers items that I was interested in. Sounds like it's best to avoid them.

nalops
3rd November 2020, 08:36 PM
Anyone got items from TBI recently? I ordered a supposedly in-stock Gen Selects Red Swoop on September 11 but absolutely no word since then.

spiderken17
9th November 2020, 07:50 AM
I thought these guys were proven shonksters.

Krayt
9th November 2020, 10:42 AM
I thought these guys were proven shonksters.

Depends who you talk too....

They had horrible luck with slow shipping from overseas suppliers, but have not failed to deliver so far...

The biggest issue is people wanting things basically straight after release... eg I just had my oldest order arrive no problems (MP-10G) because I was patient, but many couldn't wait, pulled their orders and then complained about it.

nalops
9th November 2020, 11:18 AM
But seems like they had enough stock of Red Swoop for them to offer it on sale which makes it hard to understand why I haven't received it yet or any communication about it for that matter.

Tha_Phantom
9th November 2020, 11:25 AM
But seems like they had enough stock of Red Swoop for them to offer it on sale which makes it hard to understand why I haven't received it yet or any communication about it for that matter.

You probably made a big mistake by writing feedback in this thread.

nalops
9th November 2020, 11:37 AM

I probably did, oh well. Guess I'll consider that money lost now. I've been stupidly patient with them too.

Krayt
9th November 2020, 11:57 AM

Why is that a mistake?

Sinnertwin
9th November 2020, 12:46 PM
Lemme get comfy...
Ok! Go!

nalops
20th January 2021, 05:50 PM
After putting a pre-order for SS Scavenger and SS Soundwave back in August 2019(!!!) among others, I finally got an update from TBI about my last open order.

Scavenger has been refunded and Soundwave is on the way (I assumed I was never getting it from TBI so I bought one from Amazon on sale. If anyone wants it, let me know).

After sending them emails periodically, I finally gave up and sent a complaint to Humm customer support early last December. Never heard back so assumed they weren't able to help but guess they in fact did. Should've gone to them sooner.

I wish TBI nothing but success since we do need more stores getting stock in, particularly exclusives, but I am done buying from them unless they're able to improve considerably, especially in communication, and remain consistently good.

I am finally free.

Krayt
26th March 2021, 09:10 PM
TBI sent me a shipping note for selects redwing the other day.... and have posted on FB that 99% of them have been sent out

Who else was waiting like me?

Choos
26th February 2023, 05:28 AM
On the Transformers Subreddit they are the only ones listed in the Australian section Buying Transformers Online

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/

Handsprime
26th February 2023, 09:39 AM
On the Transformers Subreddit they are the only ones listed in the Australian section Buying Transformers Online

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/

That's stupid. I've given up on Toyboy Importz after they couldn't get crosscut in stock and didn't refund me my deposit. Sent them a bunch of emails and never responded.