PDA

View Full Version : Toybot Importz feedback

Pages : [1] 2 3

BruiseLee
20th June 2017, 10:48 PM
Received my preorder today. Ordered in April and as per the eta, received in June. Limited number of items available at first but the range of bots have been growing nicely since then.

Good prices, flat rate shipping and the owners have a steady presence on this site and Facebook. I believe contact can also be made through Messenger as in addition to email, I also received my order confirmation and shipping notification on Messenger.

There is now also a payment plan available and Paypal is an option. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Sunsurge
28th June 2017, 11:27 AM
Thanks for sharing - it's good to hear some positive feedback on a new Aussie company.

I was pleasantly surprised to see them carrying Wei Jiang OS figures, especially the upcoming TLK Megatron.

Unfortunately they charge upfront for pre-orders though, so that counts me out on the pre-order front. Will be tempted though once they get it in stock.

Gutsman Heavy
28th June 2017, 08:21 PM
Thanks for sharing - it's good to hear some positive feedback on a new Aussie company.

I was pleasantly surprised to see them carrying Wei Jiang OS figures, especially the upcoming TLK Megatron.

Unfortunately they charge upfront for pre-orders though, so that counts me out on the pre-order front. Will be tempted though once they get it in stock.

They do offer a laybuy option through PayPal. Not sure exactly how it works.

OptimusNerd
29th June 2017, 08:15 AM
They do offer a laybuy option through PayPal. Not sure exactly how it works.

Yeah there is a new Lay-By option within Paypal, but it still requires you to pay the balance within two months (from memory) so not really useful for large/long term pre-orders. However it's all backed by PayPal.

doublespy
4th July 2017, 10:33 PM
Been busy with life but am happy to report I had a good shopping experience with them about two weeks back. Reasonably quick dispatch. Ordered on a Sunday, and was sent on Tuesday and arrived on Friday. Plus they had TW Primorion for a great price.

Raider
11th July 2017, 02:52 PM
Just received MMC R-27 Caladus. Was posted the day after I purchased. Very well protected in bubble wrap with autobot stickers as well. Very satisfied customer.

Jetfire in the sky
19th July 2017, 04:47 PM
I used this store to buy Fans Toys Stomp which they had in stock. Great service and one that I recommend.

CoRDS
19th July 2017, 08:06 PM
i ordered fans toys stomp last week, arrived this monday in perfect condition. great price, fast shipping excellent service.

UltraMarginal
20th July 2017, 09:38 AM
I have several orders outstanding with ToybotImportz, but that's because they aren't due yet.;)

This week they had a few items from different orders in stock already and chose to send them out to me early off their own bat. well packed, and arrived on Wednesday after shipping Monday. As an aside, the courier company didn't crush/destroy the shipping box. :eek:

Happy shopper. Now to find the time to open my goodies:o

Juggernaut
25th July 2017, 12:55 PM
Happy first customer here. Got my items safe n sound and quick

Omega Metro
18th August 2017, 09:28 AM
I have about 4 preorders so have not actually received anything yet. But they are very friendly. I'd also recommend contacting them if something you want is not on their site as they may be able to get it in. I enquired about XTransbots Andras and the preorder magically appeared on their site a few hours later.:)

Thurmus
18th August 2017, 12:58 PM
I received my first order yesterday.

It was packaged really well and they were excellent to deal with.

Their courier on the other hand are a disgrace. The box had a hole gouged in it and had been with the courier for delivery for two whole days before it arrived on the third. A bit of damage to two of the boxes inside but if it hadn't been packaged as well as it had it could have been worse.

I provided feedback on the courier to them and they were very receptive. I will not hesitate to order more from them in future.

BlitzKing
20th August 2017, 07:31 AM
Received my first shipping notification on the Wednesday then received my parcel on the Thursday. Parcel was a bit banged up but inside was perfectly wrapped and secured and even had some free insignia decals thrown in. Will definitely be placing orders with them in the future.

BlackEvora
28th August 2017, 06:04 PM
Just put in a pre order for a few things that were sold out everywhere else! So far they seem a very polite business with good contact with their customers. Beyond the usual "your order is recieved" email I was sent another one thanking me for my business.

Hopefully everything goes nice and smoothly!

GoktimusPrime
2nd September 2017, 12:59 PM
Placed my first preorder with Toybot Importz last night - due out middle of this month. Fingers crossed. :o

Their name is cumbersome to pronounce IRL though. :o But hey, so long as they provide a reliable service I don't care if they call themselves Shirley'z Plaztic Crackhouze. :p

Dinkydarth
7th September 2017, 02:06 PM
Ordered trypticon Sunday. Delivered Thursday. Packing and communication top notch. I was getting replies within hours, sometimes minutes.

graza78
12th September 2017, 08:56 PM
Preordered Fanstoys Grinder X and purchased Zeta Blast Off from Toybot Importz. Both arrived yesterday, packed very well and prestine. Bonus autobot and decepticon transfers were included for free (as well as a few fridge magnets). Couldn't be happier with the service they are providing, keep up the good work!

Gen Jay
13th September 2017, 07:17 AM
Preordered RH MP soundwave KO, MT starscream and MMC bugs.

After the recent bad experiences with PC , this is feeling better already, especially knowing that I'm paying thru PayPal.

FruitBuyer
13th September 2017, 09:08 AM
I sent them a message on Facebook and they responded within 15 minutes. Very happy after dealing with PC as well

EDIT: Received my Grinder X and it was fantastic the whole time. The shipping company constantly contacted me and even allowed me to redirect to my work place. Wonder experience and I definitely will be looking into buying stuff again in future!

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2017, 10:13 PM
Well this sucks. :(

We have received and started shipping out the Hasbro - Titans Return Siege on Cybertron box sets, unfortunately our freight forwarder has lost one of our shipments in which your order was contained.
We do sincerely apologise, this is the first time we have experienced this issue, it will take some time to sort out, but in the meantime we have placed another order for the box sets and expect this to be here late next week. (supplier is shipping directly to us)

If you like we are more than happy to refund you, we can notify you when the stock arrives and keep one aside for you in event that you would still like to purchase it.

I understand that this is your first order placed with us, and we will do whatever it takes for you to have the faith that we will deliver this item to you.

Although I do appreciate them keeping me in the loop. I just hope that the ETA for my order doesn't keep being indefinitely pushed back. :( #firstimpressions

Thurmus
14th September 2017, 11:23 PM
I would have said that what you got from them was a lot more detailed and honest than anything you would have got from PC.

I have decided I need to be patient, give these other Aussie retailers a chance and try and put the hair triggers away until they actually do wrong by me.

It aint easy but it makes life less stressful.

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2017, 06:09 PM
Totally agree. The transparency is much appreciated and really helps to make the waiting easier. PC leaves you so much in the dark that if it got any darker our orders would only be detectable by gravitational variations (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter). :p So for now I'm still willing to give Toybot Importzzz a chance, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't concerned. :o Hopefully TI will prove my fears unfounded. :)

CoRDS
15th September 2017, 07:38 PM
i had another delivery from Toybot importz this week and should have two more next week , a pleasure to deal with, amazing prices, great shipping (free this month) and great communication. cant wait for my toyworld devi to arrive :)

CoRDS
17th September 2017, 06:41 PM
got a delivery today on a SUNDAY ! for my badcube huff from toybot importz.

fantasticly packed and shipped fast. fantastic service as always

Gutsman Heavy
19th September 2017, 03:07 PM
Got my first delivery today, very happy.

Dinkydarth
20th September 2017, 12:50 PM
got my second delivery from Toybot Importz today. Took three days. The packing was excellent, lots of room in the box, lots of padding. No dents or blemishes at all.

CoRDS
20th September 2017, 02:46 PM
got TW constructor today from Toybot importz.

arrived in perfect condition.

now i just need to transform each part from bot to alt and then combine to check that its all good, then pack it back up and hand it over to my wife to put away so she can give it to me for xmas

Raider
20th September 2017, 04:27 PM
Too many goodies received from these guys lately to list them all. Excellent communication and very quick to post once they receive stock. Definitely my go to Aussie supplier now.

FruitBuyer
20th September 2017, 10:23 PM
Got a pre-order for Tyrantron so expecting that soon. Damn Toybot Importz are good!

Thurmus
21st September 2017, 02:19 PM
There is a strong rumour they will be pre-ordering the new Movie Masterpieces like Jetfire.

FruitBuyer
21st September 2017, 03:19 PM
There is a strong rumour they will be pre-ordering the new Movie Masterpieces like Jetfire.

Do you mean Move: The Best line? Because Jetfire isn't even rumoured to be a MPM release

Thurmus
21st September 2017, 10:22 PM
http://www.thechosenprime.com/MB16Jetfire

https://hlj.com/product/TKT10222

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/images-of-takara-tomy-transformers-movie-the-best-jetfire/39460/

FruitBuyer
22nd September 2017, 12:30 PM
Those are Movie: The Best releases, not Masterpiece Movie.

MB = Movie: The Best
MPM = Masterpiece Movie

GoktimusPrime
22nd September 2017, 07:42 PM
So a week later and Toybot Importz still hasn't delivered on my order that was due 8 days ago and I hadn't received any updates so I emailed them today to ask about it. To their credit they did reply very quickly and told me that they're expecting to dispatch my order on Monday so hopefully I'll receive it by the end of next week. The ongoing delays aren't great, but it's good that they actually replied to my email promptly. :)

#toybotimportzreplies

ozlee
24th September 2017, 10:24 PM
I've ordered Titans Return Siege on Cybertron boxset from them and it was delivered promptly with no issue (unlike some other shitty retailer). Will definitely shop with them again!

Thanks Toybot Importz :)

GoktimusPrime
29th September 2017, 11:52 AM
My SoC box set arrived 2 days ago. I ordered a Last Knight Hot Rod just on Tuesday night and it arrived this morning! :D

#toybotimportzdelivers

Omega Metro
29th September 2017, 06:23 PM
My first order arrived yesterday. Took 2 weeks to arrive via Sendle which is twice as long as Australia Post:(. The disadvantage of living in W.A I spose. Was packed well though.:)

Gutsman Heavy
4th October 2017, 01:02 PM
Got Cogman, he's great

ChlorHex
4th October 2017, 02:56 PM
Received my first order from them...
Excellent packaging all wrapped up in plastic (protects it really well with the recent rain).
Also received some free autobot decals.
Fantastic service and I'm definitely making more purchase from them! :)

lfpnrg
11th October 2017, 09:43 PM
Ordered TLK Deluxe Sqweeks & Hot Rod (in stock) on Sunday and received today (Wednesday), admittedly I am in the same state. Items were cheaper than I’d imagine if they’d show up at Aus retail and I loved that I could use PayPal, items were individually wrapped in bubble wrap with newspaper padding the box, really nicely packaged, and I appreciated the “thank you for ordering” email from the owners. Will be buying from these guys again, highly recommended.

UltraMarginal
12th October 2017, 09:43 AM
I have a hand full of things on pre-order from these guys and I've received about 7 shipments already.

Yes Model Data Clerk and Titans Return Seaspray and MPM-03 Bumblebee
MFT Galvontron and MFT Cyclonaus
Hasbro Cogman
Maketoys Contact Shot and Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide - Chinese Edition and Transformers Visualworks Art Book - Chinese Edition
FT Grinder,
FT Phoenix and Klaatu

their packaging started off very good but with feedback has become even better. There is often a sheet of faction labels thrown in and the books were packed excellently. the plastic wrapping is excellent, though possibly overkill given the amount of bubblewrap used inside. Nearly every box has had corner supports and I'm of two minds as to whether they really help or if they paint a target on the box.

having said that I am yet to receive anything damaged past a damaged box for FT Phoenix and that was a result of extremely rough treatment by the carrier.
I will continue to use toybotimportz for the foreseeable future.

ChlorHex
4th November 2017, 11:15 PM
Great prices, reliability, free faction stickers, excellent packaging... another order delivered with no issues.
These guys will get my money for all my third party purchases.

Omega Metro
4th November 2017, 11:45 PM
Great prices, reliability, free faction stickers, excellent packaging... another order delivered with no issues.
These guys will get my money for all my third party purchases.

I noticed you are in WA. Was the Carrier Sendle/Fastway out of curiosity? My 3rd delivery arrived on Monday via Fastway and this took nearly 3 weeks. 2 of my items had damage to the boxes before they were even packed. Can’t say I’m thrilled with TBI to be honest.

ChlorHex
5th November 2017, 12:34 AM
I noticed you are in WA. Was the Carrier Sendle/Fastway out of curiosity? My 3rd delivery arrived on Monday via Fastway and this took nearly 3 weeks. 2 of my items had damage to the boxes before they were even packed. Can’t say I’m thrilled with TBI to be honest.

All my deliveries were by Sendle.
They arrived within the expected delivery dates and I'd normally get a call from them that the parcel has arrived.
The boxes for my items were fine.
You might want to contact TBI regarding your issues.

Thurmus
5th November 2017, 10:39 AM

I had exactly the same problem only two weeks late and no attempt to deliver two days in a row. I let them know purely for feedback and a suggestion they not use them.

I wasn't concerned about the damage to that specific box so I don't know what they would do if I did have a problem. They did say for any orders specify that you don't want Fastway and they will make sure not to use them. They also offered free shipping on my next order although this was before free shipping became a thing.

For my next order I will offer to pay for shipping to avoid Fastway.

danny-boy
7th November 2017, 09:55 PM
Extremely happy with my first order. Pre-order came in stock within expected time. Parcel was sent Thursday via sendle and received Tuesday morning. Highly recommended.

1AZRAEL1
16th November 2017, 09:01 PM
Bought Phoenix and Koot last week, arrived today. Marvelous

Trent
16th November 2017, 09:30 PM
Got Galaxy Meteor. No complaints.

snaketales
23rd November 2017, 01:32 PM
I had ordered PC 17 from them last month, but it hadn't shown up after three weeks and there'd been no update on its tracking by the mail delivery service.

I let Toybot know and they sent a replacement out which I got two days later... the same day my original order showed up (a month after it had been sent).

Throughout Toybot Importz were great to deal with, so I'd give them a recommendation.

Gen Jay
23rd November 2017, 09:15 PM
My first order arrived today with free toyhax insignia s.

Very well packed and great service. Now waiting for my other two preorders to drop.

Oh and they’re having Black Friday sale. .

Holdobot
2nd December 2017, 08:22 PM
My first order just arrived, also with some stickers from Toyhax. Nicely packed. Won’t be last order. Was a Black Friday deal and free delivery for first order, so really happy.

BruiseLee
2nd December 2017, 08:37 PM
^ at the moment it's free shipping for any new orders so your next order should also be free if the free shipping offer keeps going (started in Oct, extended in Nov and looks like Dec too as it's still on the banner).

ChlorHex
2nd December 2017, 08:38 PM
These guys are my go to shop for bots!

Had to leave the country on urgent business and TBI kindly offer free express shipping to get the toy to me on time just before I left.

I received the parcel (haven't opened it yet as I'd to rush off for my flight) and I'm most grateful to these guys for EXCEPTIONAL AUSSIE SERVICE :)

Support these guys for their fantastic prices, free shipping and awesome service! *thumbs up*

Gen Jay
3rd December 2017, 08:17 AM
And recieved my MT meteor. Excellent packaging. Keep it up guys!

Dinkydarth
5th December 2017, 01:55 PM
Another hassle free transaction here. This time for a book. Keep it up TBI!

CoRDS
5th December 2017, 05:36 PM
got toyworlds liea today along with a bunch of MLP plushies for my daughter
excellent service as always

BlitzKing
8th January 2018, 03:35 PM
Got My KFC Stratotanker this week. Packed very well as usual and a free magnet this time, great!

BruiseLee
9th January 2018, 11:07 AM
Got my MAS01 Optimus from Toybot late last month! Once again a very easy purchase from these fine folk.

BlackEvora
12th January 2018, 05:25 PM
My MP39 is on the way, not long after they said it would be, honestly I'm a little shocked after my PC experience.

Dinkydarth
15th January 2018, 10:17 AM
got my MP Sunstreaker today. Also got another shipment a week ago for some other instock stuff.

So TBI have been consistently good so far for me for instock items, and for my pre-order they have also delivered, not long after estimated due date.

Jellico
19th January 2018, 02:21 AM
My MP39 arrived Monday but I did not get to pick it up till today.

Very happy with TBI. I have had some great email conversations and they seem well aware of what they are doing. I hope they are able to keep the good work up.

dsaint
19th January 2018, 08:52 AM
Have bought quite a bit of stuff over Christmas - there were delays in getting it out, but once they realised they had overlooked my items they made sure to ship them Express and I got them next day.

Good customer service and decent prices.

Thanks and regards
Darren

BlackEvora
28th January 2018, 01:01 PM
My mp39 arrived earlier in Jan, it's amazing, good price and reasonable deliver time. Some other businesses could learn from that.

CHILENO20
2nd February 2018, 11:06 PM
My first purchase from Toybot, LG 52 & LG 53. Both packed exceptionally well with great communication. Will happily buy from again. :D

BlackEvora
8th February 2018, 08:30 AM
Woohoo MP22 is on the way :) it's such a shock to get things in a reasonable time...

lukematthewsutton
13th February 2018, 12:38 PM
Has anyone else encountered issues when attempting to contact Toybot Importz lately?

Over the last two weeks I've sent them a number emails — an issue with one of my Fans Hobby monsterbots and a change of address for preorders — but have yet to get any response.

This is really unusual, since they've always been very responsive and helpful.

Jellico
13th February 2018, 02:09 PM
I last had contact on the 6th with Kylie who has been uniformly excellent.

Omega Metro
13th February 2018, 02:23 PM
I use Facebook Messenger. Always get a reply within a few hours.

lukematthewsutton
13th February 2018, 08:08 PM
Well that's good to know! It's starting to sound like an issue with email. I'll try other means.

Samtron
13th February 2018, 08:30 PM
Not to mention they’ve just had a bub which would mean some higher life priorities above and beyond the toy robot side of things. But yeah try Messenger, always get a timely response via that (or at least within a day or two of late I’ve found).

Jellico
14th February 2018, 10:40 AM
Well... I just had a package arrive from them unannounced. Superbly packed. So they are still around 😁

lukematthewsutton
16th February 2018, 10:41 AM
An update; I pinged them on Twitter. They were just having problems with the spam filter on their email account.

Now to wait patiently for my preorders :)

lukematthewsutton
16th February 2018, 10:43 AM
Not to mention they’ve just had a bub which would mean some higher life priorities above and beyond the toy robot side of things. But yeah try Messenger, always get a timely response via that (or at least within a day or two of late I’ve found).

Yeah! Totally understandable. I wasn't grumpy, just wondering what was up. For me, they've made access to third-party figures easy and reliable. I really appreciate it.

ChlorHex
16th February 2018, 12:38 PM
Yeah! Totally understandable. I wasn't grumpy, just wondering what was up. For me, they've made access to third-party figures easy and reliable. I really appreciate it.

They're a reliable team and I'm happy to support them through my purchases.
Love the fact that they offer free shipping and makes collecting so much more affordable here... and convenient!
I do wish that they continued to throw in free decals for 3rd party figure purchases though :)

CHILENO20
28th March 2018, 08:56 PM
My Perfect Effect order of PC-15, 17 & 20 all arrived today nicely packaged :D Will happily continue to keep purchasing from them :)

spiderken17
19th April 2018, 09:38 PM
Received a couple of items AOK today with some stickers thrown in which is appreciated. I only have one minor quibble and that it does not say on the website (or I cannot find) that Sendle (couriers) will not deliver to a PO box.
A week after the order I was only asked for an alternate postal address once I contacted them about a different item, I wonder how long it would have taken had I not emailed?
In the end, all is good, maybe need to be a bit more pro-active with potential issues but really a minor issue, definitely a shop I will use again.

Jellico
20th April 2018, 09:19 AM
P.O. boxes were mentioned on the website when using the free delivery option. Basically you had to pay for P.O. boxes.

ChlorHex
20th April 2018, 11:00 AM
A slight negative from my last experience - TBI forgot an item in my order so I had to contact them for that.
As I'm in WA, the wait times from original order to receiving the actual item took 2 and a half months in total.
I wasn't happy about that in the end... that plus the box was tattered through shipping.

FruitBuyer
23rd April 2018, 07:33 PM
Woohoo! I won in Toybotz birthday competition! Not saying what I won exactly but it's something I've always wanted!

Thank you Toybotz! You have another fan for life!

BruiseLee
23rd April 2018, 07:56 PM
^ congrats mate! Wish i could say the same. Those were some fantastic prizes up there. Got some nice sale goods coming in so that's good too! :)

Jellico
15th May 2018, 10:10 AM
Mis post.

CHILENO20
18th May 2018, 10:20 AM
Got my pre order Greatshot the oter day. Item came in well packed and communication was absolutely great. Happy to keep on using :D

1AZRAEL1
24th May 2018, 01:52 PM
Another happy camper with FT Rogue and KFC Star Saber replacement parts

snaketales
24th May 2018, 06:17 PM
Got my pre order Greatshot the oter day. Item came in well packed and communication was absolutely great. Happy to keep on using :D

That’s strange: I preordered mine in November and haven’t heard anything :confused:

ZoonMaster5000
24th May 2018, 06:57 PM
That’s strange: I preordered mine in November and haven’t heard anything :confused:

Wouldn’t stress it seems to take them a week or two to get all the orders out. Example; chileno20 received his greatshot on the 18th and mine was only shipped on Tuesday so I’m sure they are working on getting to your order.

Thurmus
25th May 2018, 09:12 AM
Received a delivery today. They put extra protection around it after the crushing of my last two orders by the courier.

Easy and friendly to deal with.

snaketales
26th May 2018, 01:56 PM
Wouldn’t stress it seems to take them a week or two to get all the orders out. Example; chileno20 received his greatshot on the 18th and mine was only shipped on Tuesday so I’m sure they are working on getting to your order.

Looks like you're right: I got an 'item sent' notification today.

ZoonMaster5000
31st May 2018, 02:53 PM
Still waiting on my delivery, has been onboard for delivery for 2 days now! My town is only small so it’s kind of ridiculous, worse thing is because it’s through Sendle I can’t contact the courier because I don’t know who it is?

I know it’s not TBI’s fault but has anyone else had problems with the Sendle setup? Might just pay extra for auspost from now on.

drifand
1st June 2018, 11:50 AM
Still waiting on my delivery, has been onboard for delivery for 2 days now! My town is only small so it’s kind of ridiculous, worse thing is because it’s through Sendle I can’t contact the courier because I don’t know who it is?

I know it’s not TBI’s fault but has anyone else had problems with the Sendle setup? Might just pay extra for auspost from now on.

Aust post has been very arrogant, My item was sent on 9th May and the item just sat there till 24th and when I queried the seller she told me she sent it within 48hrs since 9th of May, and Aust post accused her of lying instead of admitting they could be at fault.

Needless to say all complaints are useless. Was given a "You believe what you want" I quote speech from Aust post.

Samtron
1st June 2018, 04:17 PM

I've had nothing but a flawless experience with them from day one involving a large number of purchases utilizing Sendle and I'm in Hobart.

1AZRAEL1
1st June 2018, 04:48 PM
Aust post has been very arrogant, My item was sent on 9th May and the item just sat there till 24th and when I queried the seller she told me she sent it within 48hrs since 9th of May, and Aust post accused her of lying instead of admitting they could be at fault.

Needless to say all complaints are useless. Was given a "You believe what you want" I quote speech from Aust post.

Publicly shame them on Facebook. Sounds like poor form from AusPost

ZoonMaster5000
1st June 2018, 06:12 PM
I've had nothing but a flawless experience with them from day one involving a large number of purchases utilizing Sendle and I'm in Hobart.

Well I guess it’s not so much Sendle but fastway I’ve rang them twice now and they won’t tell me why it’s not delivered yet for 3 days now it’s come up as failed delivery being held at warehouse. I think I’m going to have get angry when I ring Monday

snaketales
7th June 2018, 11:11 AM
Looks like you're right: I got an 'item sent' notification today.

And it arrived today, hurray

ZoonMaster5000
7th June 2018, 02:33 PM
And it arrived today, hurray

Awesome! mine also arrived the other day. Can’t say I was very impressed with how it was packaged, reminded me of Amazon standards. I did take a photo if anyone is interested in seeing.

BlitzKing
29th July 2018, 02:14 PM
Has anyone had to cancel a Pre-order through them before? I send and email a week ago requesting to cancel a pre-order a follow up email a couple of days later and a Facebook PM with no responses. In the past I have had extremely quick replies to any questions I have had.

DarkHyren
6th August 2018, 12:56 AM
Has anyone had to cancel a Pre-order through them before? I send and email a week ago requesting to cancel a pre-order a follow up email a couple of days later and a Facebook PM with no responses. In the past I have had extremely quick replies to any questions I have had.Any update on this? They used to reply fairly quickly but I've been having similar communications issues with TBI as well.
I messaged them a week ago because I'd been waiting a month for an order that was in stock, they still havent messaged me back but I got an email notification today saying the order is finally on its way so that's something.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now as I know things happen which could cause them not to reply to all messages, but I'll be watching feedback that people post before I place any more orders.

Thurmus
6th August 2018, 02:20 AM
Every time I email their support email I get a response within a day maybe two at the most if they are following something up for me.

Convoid
6th August 2018, 06:33 AM
Has anyone had to cancel a Pre-order through them before? I send and email a week ago requesting to cancel a pre-order a follow up email a couple of days later and a Facebook PM with no responses. In the past I have had extremely quick replies to any questions I have had.

It's best not to cancel a pre-order. If you read their terms and conditions:

In the event you choose to cancel your pre-order, the full cost, including shipping, is non-refundable due to administrative costs and other fees incurred by us. We keep our product costs low by ordering in bulk and we are still obliged to pay suppliers for any pre-ordered products initially ordered. We are not able to cancel or reduce quantities from our suppliers once ordered.

https://www.toybotimportz.com.au/pages/terms-and-conditions

Omega Metro
6th August 2018, 08:33 AM

Yeah I wanted to cancel a preorder but read their terms and conditions and thought best not to. And I get no response from my messages either lately.

BlitzKing
6th August 2018, 06:37 PM
I got a reply eventually and it took about 2 weeks. In that time I did read their T&C's and then understood that they don't cancel pre-orders which is cool and there was something in the T&C's about longer response times then when they first started operating but it did say replies would be within 4 or so days.

I understand the reason behind not cancelling pre-orders but it kind of sucks because pretty much everything on their site is for pre-orders and some things you are pre-ordering over 12 months in advance. I was contemplating trying to cancel my pre-order for Fanstoys Blitzwing since it has been indefinitely postponed but will probably just have to wait until it is eventually released.

FruitBuyer
3rd September 2018, 03:58 PM
Got my Dinobot securely packaged. Thanks again TBI!

1AZRAEL1
3rd September 2018, 06:49 PM
Got my FT Omega and MP Dinobot last Friday. Well packaged too.

XMan
15th September 2018, 11:33 AM
Fantastic! I got Galaxy Meteor and I concur, the packaging was great, received within a week of ordering and definitely will be buying from the again!

XMan
22nd September 2018, 05:11 AM
Super happy! I was able to preorder Masterpiece BW Megatron - it is lovely customer service when you receive an email shortly after an order thanking you.

Toybot Importz is now my 'go to' online store :)

spiderken17
17th October 2018, 06:44 PM
Received my Hot Soldiers HS15 and HS16 preorder the other day all very well packed. I also received and extra bot as an apology for the order taking so long so things worked out in the end. Obviously a few bugs to iron out regarding preorders getting fulfilled but I am happy with the communication so will continue to use them.

The Letter M
1st November 2018, 05:10 PM
Has anybody had trouble getting a response on ETAs? I have a few orders outstanding and just not getting anything from them. Wreck-gar is now 3 months late. I'm having flashbacks to certain other Aussie web-based retailers.

1AZRAEL1
1st November 2018, 05:30 PM
They aren't going down that path, I can assure you. Is it for the POTP Wreck Gar? Website says eta October.

I am waiting on a few things, but I also check out other retailers' etas to see see if they're delayed or anything else. TBI always reply to FB messenger or emails.

Omega Metro
1st November 2018, 05:32 PM
Has anybody had trouble getting a response on ETAs? I have a few orders outstanding and just not getting anything from them. Wreck-gar is now 3 months late. I'm having flashbacks to certain other Aussie web-based retailers.

It’s very hit and miss with replies for me also. Still waiting for a few overdue items that they seem to refuse answering questions about. I have noticed the have updates on ETAs on the actual item on your orders page.

The Letter M
1st November 2018, 07:18 PM
They aren't going down that path, I can assure you. Is it for the POTP Wreck Gar? Website says eta October.

It did say August. Then it delayed because of Typhoons, then they had to chase it up...

Predaking was due for a late October restock, but isn't in stock with their supplier at all.

I am waiting on a few things, but I also check out other retailers' etas to see see if they're delayed or anything else. TBI always reply to FB messenger or emails.

I haven't had the same experience.

1AZRAEL1
2nd November 2018, 09:07 AM
Got MP Shadow Panther from them today. Knew would be on the way soon coz he was released recently. Another happy transaction.

The Letter M
4th November 2018, 03:56 PM
Got MP Shadow Panther from them today. Knew would be on the way soon coz he was released recently. Another happy transaction.

That's actually reassuring. Shadow Panther came out at the end of August and I would expect local importers to be a bit behind that.

The Letter M
8th November 2018, 04:36 PM
Has anybody had any luck contacting them? My emails are getting close to a fortnight without response. I'm giving them several days between follow ups/

XMan
8th November 2018, 05:00 PM
Which email are you using? support@toybotimportz.com.au I get a reply same day, last time I emailed Saturday 27/10 about P.E. Beast Gorira I received a reply within 2hrs

The Letter M
8th November 2018, 06:05 PM
Which email are you using? support@toybotimportz.com.au I get a reply same day, last time I emailed Saturday 27/10 about P.E. Beast Gorira I received a reply within 2hrs

Yup. That’s the email I’m using.

The Letter M
14th November 2018, 10:52 AM
MP Dinobot just arrived from their October restock batch. Came pretty much when I expected and was well packaged.

Samtron
14th November 2018, 11:34 AM
MP Dinobot just arrived from their October restock batch. Came pretty much when I expected and was well packaged.

See, all that worry for nothing :D

The Letter M
14th November 2018, 11:40 AM
See, all that worry for nothing :D

There's still a bunch outstanding, but to their credit it arrived pretty much on time.

Other
14th November 2018, 06:22 PM
Order a Black Power Baser on sale on the night of the 3rd, got a tracking number on the 7th and it arrived yesterday. No issues

1AZRAEL1
15th November 2018, 03:05 AM
There's still a bunch outstanding, but to their credit it arrived pretty much on time.

I got a bunch of stuff too I'm waiting on. Stuff that has been released elsewhere. They'll come soon enough.

Omega Metro
15th November 2018, 07:34 AM
I think they send out items once you have 4 items in stock in your ‘loot crate’. I’m still yet to find this ‘loot crate’ on their website though. Even though I send them messages asking what items are currently in the crate.....they don’t reply.

1AZRAEL1
15th November 2018, 08:25 AM
That's the new way the loot crate. The old way loot crating was unofficially done. I don't think they've got anything setup to show you what's in your loot currently. Maybe something they can look into.

Can't remember the date but after whatever date it was, you select it during purchase for free shipping, or other paid options to have sent when it arrives. After 4 items arrive in your crate, they get sent i believe.

Omega Metro
15th November 2018, 08:50 AM
That's the new way the loot crate. The old way loot crating was unofficially done. I don't think they've got anything setup to show you what's in your loot currently. Maybe something they can look into.

Yes that’s definitely something they need to do as I have no idea what is actually instock waiting to be shipped. I bought a MP Bumblebee a few weeks back which was an instock item and it hasn’t been shipped as yet. So would be nice to know what the other 3 items would be.

reillyd
30th November 2018, 05:07 PM
I just got a shipping item for orders I placed on Black Friday, and they've also included a preorder item I'd forgotten about. Thanks TBI

The Letter M
17th December 2018, 01:35 PM
Has anyone else had complete radio silence from TBI? I've been trying to find out where my stuff is at for around a month and they haven't been replying.

Omega Metro
17th December 2018, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=The Letter M;601369]Has anyone else had complete radio silence from TBI? I've been trying to find out where my stuff is at for around a month and they haven't been replying.[/QUOTE

Try Messenger

kovert
17th December 2018, 05:22 PM
Has anyone else had complete radio silence from TBI? I've been trying to find out where my stuff is at for around a month and they haven't been replying.

Could be due to the move. More info here (https://www.toybotimportz.com.au/blogs/news/we-re-moving).

ZoonMaster5000
17th December 2018, 11:44 PM
I’ve fallen out of sorts with them myself. I feel the prices are too high for the level of service being provided. I mean I’m still waiting for mp-17+ which was released in September which is nearing 3 months. Meanwhile I picked up mp-9 for $90 cheaper of another aus e-tailer and it should be here this week and not to mention the service is on a whole another level. So I’ll just see out my pre orders with them and casually part ways.

While I’m sure tbi are doing their best, for me it just doesn’t quite get there anymore.

ChlorHex
18th December 2018, 03:40 AM
I don't deny that their pricing isn't competitive these days and thus I've started sourcing my bots elsewhere.

What made them really attractive in the past was:
1. Very competitive pricing (not so much now)
2. Free shipping (now conditional on a minimum purchase quantity)
3. Free stickers (gone)
4. Great packaging (mostly yes)
5. Timely deliveries (haven't had issues for me aside from missing an item once)

They do deliver on their in stock items though.

I’ve fallen out of sorts with them myself. I feel the prices are too high for the level of service being provided. I mean I’m still waiting for mp-17+ which was released in September which is nearing 3 months. Meanwhile I picked up mp-9 for $90 cheaper of another aus e-tailer and it should be here this week and not to mention the service is on a whole another level. So I’ll just see out my pre orders with them and casually part ways.

While I’m sure tbi are doing their best, for me it just doesn’t quite get there anymore.

Raider
18th December 2018, 07:51 AM
I'm still very happy with their level of service and especially their packaging. Had a box delivered and my wife for some reason put it right where I park the car in the garage. I didnt see it and pinned it against the wall. None of the boxes inside the package were damaged :)

Omega Metro
18th December 2018, 08:36 AM
What made them really attractive in the past was:
1. AFTERPAY:D (trying to ween myself off Afterpay as I’m buying too much crap I don’t actually need).
2. Free shipping
3. Great packaging

It seems to have gone down hill since they started the ‘Loot Crate’ option. I have no idea what is actually in my Loot Crate and have asked to have it shipped but no luck.

Galvatran
18th December 2018, 03:03 PM
I'm still very happy with their level of service and especially their packaging. Had a box delivered and my wife for some reason put it right where I park the car in the garage. I didnt see it and pinned it against the wall. None of the boxes inside the package were damaged :)
She knew exactly what she was doing.
:p

Dinkydarth
18th December 2018, 03:30 PM
I've had only positive experience with them, but that was a while ago, whilst they were having free shipping and free stickers and great prices. I'm a bit hesitant now that their prices have gone up.

This seems to be a recurrent pattern amongst these retailers. Seems like they start off with low prices and personalised service, then decline as their business grows... Anyone else noticed?

hYpNoS
18th December 2018, 04:13 PM
I've had only positive experience with them, but that was a while ago, whilst they were having free shipping and free stickers and great prices. I'm a bit hesitant now that their prices have gone up.

This seems to be a recurrent pattern amongst these retailers. Seems like they start off with low prices and personalised service, then decline as their business grows... Anyone else noticed?

Gotta bring in people, then its the loyalist that keep them running until the service is normalized for anyone can get in.

Its why I'm pulling back my pre-ordering, if im not paying out the nose its services dropping off, no one down under is ever gonna reach BBTS HLJ levels of service, I mean they could but that's gonna need alot of patience

Tober
19th December 2018, 11:31 PM
What's the usual delay between an item being released in Japan and TI dispatching it?

I'm asking in regrids to MP-29+ Laserwave.

XMan
20th December 2018, 04:30 AM
I asked for an update to PE Beset Gorirain OCtober to which they replied "they will be with us within the fortnight and we dont have drama with customs. That was the end of October, I have asked agin and she said we dont have them, we will need to follow up with distributor.

Every other online store has had them for some time now.

drifand
20th December 2018, 09:34 AM
IMO what's missing is the person's involvement in OCTA, He is a member here and it feels like he isn't here. If this doesn't sound familiar then open your eyes and see WHICH Retailer here in OCTA has constantly been posting.

To me that indicates the retailer is interested in running a business.

Reliability is my only concern, and a lot of local retailers are great when they start and dwell off as time pass.

XMan
20th December 2018, 10:22 AM
Yeah sad but it is true

CHILENO20
21st December 2018, 06:29 PM
Got my PotP Wreck Gar & TCW-05 Sixshot Upgrade. Items were expertly packed, thanks TBI!!! :D:D:D

XMan
22nd December 2018, 05:38 AM
Still waiting for a reply to my numerous contact attempts. Ill have to get Afterpay to chase them up, which I did notice is no longer a payment option that is worrying.

Omega Metro
22nd December 2018, 07:40 AM
Still waiting for a reply to my numerous contact attempts. Ill have to get Afterpay to chase them up, which I did notice is no longer a payment option that is worrying.

The Afterpay option is still there for me.

XMan
22nd December 2018, 10:30 AM
All I could see is Oxipay. All good though they just replied they have a lot of stock sitting with DHL awaiting clearance

The Letter M
22nd December 2018, 05:03 PM
How did you score a reply? I haven't had any replies for a month. One item shows as "fulfilled", but no tracking and I doubt it would take 5 days to get from Bundy to Brisbane. Next stop will be Fair Trading, I think. I'm not after my money back, I'm after a reply to a reasonable question.

XMan
22nd December 2018, 06:36 PM
Kylie always replies, but this time it took a while, I had to be real persistent, two emails and then hit up their messenger and email update came through this morning explaining. They also said DHL are holding on to many items for the last 5 weeks and not releasing them to TBI. They have a new account manager rectifying the issue.

The Letter M
23rd December 2018, 05:37 PM
I think they fired me as a customer. :(

1AZRAEL1
23rd December 2018, 09:42 PM
Just a piece of information as to how Sendle works for those that don't know. Courier gets scheduled to pick up packages from a location, usually a couple of days in advance. Courier picks up then off to recipient. That, along with it being this close to Christmas, may take a little bit longer.

Sorry, but some impatience from people who have been burned by PC makes people paranoid about another business. Bombarding them with messages won't help get responses any quicker.

Samtron
23rd December 2018, 10:10 PM
Sorry, but some impatience from people who have been burned by PC makes people paranoid about another business. Bombarding them with messages won't help get responses any quicker.

Well said Azrael. I've had nothing but a great experience with the Flynns from day one and honestly if I expect free shipping, I buy/order stuff, I let it get added to the crate, and *queue dramatic music* I let it come when it comes. Simple. I don't bombard them with daily messages or impatiently sit there marking the days since ordering on a calendar and as a result I find that when a crate does eventually turn up it makes it all the more exciting to open. As a couple with a family (first and foremost) I think they do an admirable job and will happily continue to buy from and support them. Patience is a virtue, as they say.

ZoonMaster5000
23rd December 2018, 10:51 PM
What's the usual delay between an item being released in Japan and TI dispatching it?

I'm asking in regrids to MP-29+ Laserwave.

A while considering I’m still waiting on 2 mp-17+ prowl which was released about 3 months ago.

Autocon
24th December 2018, 01:03 AM
Also note lack of funding from gov to customs at airports.

The Letter M
25th December 2018, 07:53 PM

I stuck to their 5 day rule. I stuck to it 4 times and got nothing. This is a singly enquiry they didn't respond to for a month. I know they're busy and have lives and day jobs, but if you don't reply to my messages for weeks on end, it's not going to leave me with a very positive impression.

danny-boy
8th January 2019, 01:38 PM
A while considering I’m still waiting on 2 mp-17+ prowl which was released about 3 months ago.

Please tell me you're joking. MP-17+ is available everywhere. Why the delay? (flashbacks to PC).

Damn, I've got MP-36+ pre-ordered with these guys. :mad:

Tha_Phantom
8th January 2019, 02:13 PM

Try emailing them (if you haven't already). I got a response within the same day when I contacted them by email on the 4th of January. Prior to that I had only tried contacting via Facebook.

1AZRAEL1
8th January 2019, 03:28 PM
In case people missed it, alot of their shipments were held up in customs and they were waiting for it to be released.

Flashbacks of PC :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Letter M
8th January 2019, 03:50 PM
Try emailing them (if you haven't already). I got a response within the same day when I contacted them by email on the 4th of January. Prior to that I had only tried contacting via Facebook.

I would usually get replies (via email) almost instantly or not at all.

The Letter M
8th January 2019, 04:04 PM
My MP10G was "Fulfilled" on 15/12, but still no sign of it. *sigh*

1AZRAEL1
8th January 2019, 05:17 PM
My MP10G was "Fulfilled" on 15/12, but still no sign of it. *sigh*

What's the tracking show?

The Letter M
8th January 2019, 05:29 PM
What's the tracking show?

Nothing. No tracking. They didn’t reply to my email either so who knows.

XMan
8th January 2019, 05:54 PM

In case people missed it, alot of their shipments were held up in customs and they were waiting for it to be released.

I sent one yesterday to no avail unfortunately. A little annoyed as when they were replying they stated "the item is just two weeks...and we never have dramas with customs."

Yeah you just jinxed yourselves bad haha!

1AZRAEL1
8th January 2019, 08:19 PM
Nothing. No tracking. They didn’t reply to my email either so who knows.

If you didn't get a notification from Sendle and no tracking, I wouldn't know. Guess its the waiting game. Sending multiple emails or messages won't speed things up unfortunately.

Omega Metro
8th January 2019, 09:14 PM
I had a shipment sent out yesterday...finally.

GoktimusPrime
8th January 2019, 10:49 PM
I'm rapidly losing faith in these guys. I'm currently waiting on MP Cordon which was meant to be out last month, but I also just ordered another in-stock one from Mandarake for nearly half the price (loose complete). This is all too reminiscent of PC and I don't want to be looking to repurchase this toy off the secondary market at a jacked up price.

DELTAprime
8th January 2019, 11:09 PM
Gee guys. You're making me feel like there's no hope for an AU based TF retailer. They all seem to end up going down the same path.

XMan
9th January 2019, 05:10 AM
I have recieved a reply, stating the item I purchased was with them in November and "unbeknown (?) to us was refused entry and sent back, then returned in December"

Then it was a long winded message about Chinese Free Trade Agreement blah blah and how now they're attempting to get the item in smaller batches (at a much higher cost to us) that has nothing to do with me, and no need to highlight the fact your business model has failed, I don't need your guilt trip, then ends with "I hope this information has answered any alleviating questions and gave you an insight in to the frustrations we endure trying to import these goods."

I really feel like she wanted to say "...import these goods for you." Like its somehow the consumers fault :rolleyes:

hYpNoS
9th January 2019, 09:50 AM
I have recieved a reply, stating the item I purchased was with them in November and "unbeknown (?) to us was refused entry and sent back, then returned in December"

Then it was a long winded message about Chinese Free Trade Agreement blah blah and how now they're attempting to get the item in smaller batches (at a much higher cost to us) that has nothing to do with me, and no need to highlight the fact your business model has failed, I don't need your guilt trip, then ends with "I hope this information has answered any alleviating questions and gave you an insight in to the frustrations we endure trying to import these goods."

I really feel like she wanted to say "...import these goods for you." Like its somehow the consumers fault :rolleyes:

Wouldn't happen to be mp36+ would it?

If it is it *sorta* makes sense considering the whole legality issue with it, if its not then that sounds really worrysome

ZoonMaster5000
9th January 2019, 10:16 AM

If it is it *sorta* makes sense considering the whole legality issue with it, if its not then that sounds really worrysome

Mp-36+ wasn’t released in November so probably not what your thinking.

I think everyone just wants what they paid for in a reasonable time frame, waiting up to 4 months past release on an mp just isn’t on. Especially when mp’s released later are being shipped.

While I truly believe tbi are good people and are doing everything they can to make this work, they can’t keep consumers in the dark about issues they are having with importing our beloved toys.

XMan
9th January 2019, 11:35 AM

It’s PE Beast Gorira

The Ghost
9th January 2019, 02:32 PM
Aussie e-tailer rep is fast losing all credibility. I'm at the stage now where unless it's in stock, I'm not ordering because paying upfront for pre-orders seems to invite a world of pain. The worst is poor communication, which is inexcusable. I can forgive delays, but this lack of comms when you've already paid is just poor form.

Omega Metro
9th January 2019, 10:25 PM
Has anyone tried redeeming their TBI Rewards points and finding the codes never work? No idea what I’m doing wrong and they never respond.:confused:

hYpNoS
11th January 2019, 02:08 AM
Mp-36+ wasn’t released in November so probably not what your thinking.

I think everyone just wants what they paid for in a reasonable time frame, waiting up to 4 months past release on an mp just isn’t on. Especially when mp’s released later are being shipped.

While I truly believe tbi are good people and are doing everything they can to make this work, they can’t keep consumers in the dark about issues they are having with importing our beloved toys.

Which is fair, I'm too used to the "big guys" doing things promptly, makes me wonder how their services were when they first started

It’s PE Beast Gorira
Oh I see, that's a bummer :S

Aussie e-tailer rep is fast losing all credibility. I'm at the stage now where unless it's in stock, I'm not ordering because paying upfront for pre-orders seems to invite a world of pain. The worst is poor communication, which is inexcusable. I can forgive delays, but this lack of comms when you've already paid is just poor form.
I'm conflicted, on one hand they need time to grow and gain rep before they can reach those levels of service expectation, on the other we should expect reasonable service times

Makes me think back with you-know-who, seemingly had things working well, then it just dropped off a cliff dragging many of us with them, if it weren't for them maybe we'd be more patient seeing how small TBI is, I just wish importing from RK wasn't so cost prohibitive/not helping australian business

The Ghost
11th January 2019, 11:04 AM
I'm conflicted, on one hand they need time to grow and gain rep before they can reach those levels of service expectation, on the other we should expect reasonable service times

Makes me think back with you-know-who, seemingly had things working well, then it just dropped off a cliff dragging many of us with them, if it weren't for them maybe we'd be more patient seeing how small TBI is, I just wish importing from RK wasn't so cost prohibitive/not helping australian business

A good point, but the basics of communication is what will build the business. Great prices are one thing, but if customers lose confidence then what is it really worth? Coupled with having to pay upfront, it's a double whammy IMO.

And it isn't really about emailing back individuals. Just have updates on your website. Post updated ETAs (or judge them better, especially when it's delays are constant), address actual issues as something widespread (if one person is experiencing an issue, no doubt others are and many will keep quiet). Update your webpages. Kind of annoying to trawl through sold out items.

I'd love to support Australian businesses, but it's hard to support them if they don't support their customers.

hYpNoS
11th January 2019, 11:34 AM
I'd love to support Australian businesses, but it's hard to support them if they don't support their customers.

We can all agree on this

reillyd
11th January 2019, 02:09 PM
I had an item that was somewhat overdue, and took the advice here to contact them on Messenger. They dispatched my order the very next day, and got back to me shortly after about it. So I'm quite reassured, and will continue to be ordering from them.

DarkHyren
14th January 2019, 06:28 AM
I stopped buying from TBI about 6 months ago because it took them over a month to send items that were supposedly in stock and ready to ship when I purchased them.
I waited a month before contacting them because I am patient, but they never responded to my messages.
Fortunately a week after that I got a shipping notification and received my items thus didn't need to take further action, but they didnt apologize or reply to my query about where my items were for all that time.

Maybe there's more to the story on their end, but after Voldemort I'm not putting up with stores that wont communicate delays, wont reply to messages, and only send items when the customer asks for what they paid for.
That's exactly how the troubles started with "him" and look how well that turned out, so just be wary of stores that dont treat all their customers equally and with respect.

The Letter M
14th January 2019, 11:24 AM
The annoying thing is I got a response within minutes of mentioning Fair Trading, so I'm not quite sure how some emails go without a reply and some get a response straight away.

DaptoDog
14th January 2019, 02:04 PM
The annoying thing is I got a response within minutes of mentioning Fair Trading, so I'm not quite sure how some emails go without a reply and some get a response straight away.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sad but true.

The Letter M
14th January 2019, 04:34 PM
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sad but true.

Not even sure I got the grease.

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2019, 07:11 PM
Last week I received an email from them:

We've missed you!
Your business means a lot to us and we'd love to have you back.Here's a new offer to you.
"Make a purchase before 18th January, 2019 and earn 330 bonus points."
Hurry Up!
I haven't even bothered browsing their site. I don't want bonus points, I want DEPENDABILITY! I've been shopping with HLJ since 2003 and I'll happily shop with them anytime. They've never given me bonus/loyalty points, but they've never let me down. This is all I want - dependable service. Keep your discounts and bonus points - just deliver!

LOL :D

Omega Metro
15th January 2019, 08:10 PM
Got my fairly large order delivered today. Took 10 minutes to unwrap as usual.:D

reillyd
15th January 2019, 11:24 PM

Trust me, if you didn't use lubricant, you'd KNOW it ;p

The Letter M
16th January 2019, 09:48 AM
...I've been shopping with HLJ since 2003 and I'll happily shop with them anytime. They've never given me bonus/loyalty points, but they've never let me down. This is all I want - dependable service. Keep your discounts and bonus points - just deliver!

Yup. That's pretty much all I'm after.

BlitzKing
16th January 2019, 03:40 PM
Got my fairly large order delivered today. Took 10 minutes to unwrap as usual.:D

Yeah I got shipping notifications for 3 orders today which totalled 5 figures. Mainly Storm Collectibles stuff and one XTB figure but none of the FT pre-orders I have unfortunately. Hopefully this means they are back on track and whatever their customs dramas were are sorted. That being said I think I will be looking elsewhere to get my 3rd party figures from as there delays in that area with them do seem to be a bit lengthy for my liking.

Tha_Phantom
16th January 2019, 03:48 PM
Yeah I got shipping notifications for 3 orders today which totalled 5 figures. Mainly Storm Collectibles stuff and one XTB figure but none of the FT pre-orders I have unfortunately. Hopefully this means they are back on track and whatever their customs dramas were are sorted. That being said I think I will be looking elsewhere to get my 3rd party figures from as there delays in that area with them do seem to be a bit lengthy for my liking.

I got a shipping notice yesterday for Bumblebee Retro Vol 2 set and MP10G.

XMan
23rd January 2019, 05:02 AM
Anyone heard anything from these guys lately?

They can update their website, facebook, and post pics of their child's first birthday (WTF?) but can't update customers on paid items....

1AZRAEL1
23rd January 2019, 07:45 AM
Yea, I heard from them. And have a bunch of items arriving today. But I'm also only wanting to message them maybe once a month. I know my items are coming.

FruitBuyer
24th January 2019, 07:34 AM
Finally received a shipping notice for quite a few items, which I'm happy about. Still missing out on FlameToys Tarn, but I still trust these guys overall and understand that they're not like PC at all.

TaZZerath
24th January 2019, 07:53 AM
Seems to me these guys (a bit like TLTC) have had importing issues for their figures and been poor at communicating the bottlenecks when they occur.

In a way I can understand why it would be difficult... especially if their importers don't have any news to pass on. So it could be delays of an unknown source for them, so they can't say much to their customers, don't have ETAs, etc.... it could get quite frustrating!

After my TLTC bad customer experience i went to TbI for my Big Powered order (plus I could Oxipay it) and after recent feedback i was a LITTLE concerned... but now people's orders are being received i'm less anxious and willing to give them a try.

Tober
24th January 2019, 07:46 PM
Well, I'm still waiting on a bunch of orders that were released months ago. I emailed them a week ago and still nothing.

So at this point I am now forced to take it up with my bank and Oxipay. Again. :mad:

XMan
25th January 2019, 11:17 AM
Yea, I heard from them. And have a bunch of items arriving today. But I'm also only wanting to message them maybe once a month. I know my items are coming.

Yeah I stopped emailing them since me last a few weeks ago - great that people are starting to get their items

XMan
1st February 2019, 05:57 AM
Well it's the first of February and I still don't have my items as promised :(

I am not looking forward to MP BW Megs and hope nothing like this happens again :confused:

FruitBuyer
1st February 2019, 07:41 AM
Well it's the first of February and I still don't have my items as promised :(

I am not looking forward to MP BW Megs and hope nothing like this happens again :confused:

What items are you awaiting?

Tha_Phantom
1st February 2019, 08:40 AM
I got a ship notice from them yesterday for Cordon and Quietus. Just need to get Masterpiece Laserwave and all my stuff from them will have been delivered.

XMan
1st February 2019, 08:49 AM
What items are you awaiting?

Mainly PE Beast Gorira

danny-boy
1st February 2019, 11:22 AM
I got a ship notice from them yesterday for Cordon and Quietus. Just need to get Masterpiece Laserwave and all my stuff from them will have been delivered.

I’d guess their MP-29+ and MP-36+ will arrive in the same shipment. I’m waiting for MP-36+. Hopefully soon.

ZoonMaster5000
1st February 2019, 12:50 PM
I’d guess their MP-29+ and MP-36+ will arrive in the same shipment. I’m waiting for MP-36+. Hopefully soon.

I msg’d them about my mp-17+ prowls the other day. Got a reply saying they had them, didn’t speculate how long but mentioned they were hoping more orders were going to arrive before cny.

Other than the golden lagoon 3 pack Mp-29+X2 and mp-36+ are the only ones outstanding which will no doubt arrive after the Chinese New Year... hopefully

FruitBuyer
1st February 2019, 01:38 PM
Anyone else order FlameToys Tarn?

XMan
5th February 2019, 04:34 AM
Nah just PE Beast and MP BW Megs (I know of that ones delay)

Anyone had an communication from over the last few days?

GoktimusPrime
5th February 2019, 11:29 PM
The sounds of the cicadas chirping outside is pretty much reflective of what it feels like to wait for my overdue TBI order...

Raider
6th February 2019, 04:55 AM
Nah just PE Beast and MP BW Megs (I know of that ones delay)

Anyone had an communication from over the last few days?

This is on their website:

Due to customs and shipping delays; Expected Arrival is now Q1 2019

Update - 5/2/19 - Small Shipment has arrived from a different supplier; Main Shipment has yet to be cleared by Customs.

We will continue to bring in smaller shipments to fulfil orders until our Major Order has cleared.

FruitBuyer
6th February 2019, 07:50 AM
That's disappointing. Anyone with a better understanding of the situation understand why it's stuck with customs?

GoktimusPrime
6th February 2019, 08:42 AM
The excuse that I hear from others is because they use combined shipping containers from China because it's supposedly cheaper. But even if this is true, the prices aren't that much cheaper than getting toys directly from Japan.

I'm currently waiting on MP Cordon which I've already repurchased from a Japanese store and it:
1. arrived 20 days ago (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=26157)
2. cost me about half the price of TBI

I'm done with these guys. I just want the toy that I paid for. And it's such a shame because last year they were still pretty reliable and had excellent service (for me anyway).

DaptoDog
6th February 2019, 09:47 AM
I'm currently waiting on MP Cordon which I've already repurchased from a Japanese store and it:
1. arrived 20 days ago (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=26157)
2. cost me about half the price of TBI

I find that very surprising. Was this brand new or used? A casual search of NY and HLJ gives a price before shipping of ~$130-$160 compared to TBI pre shipping price of $180 but their shipping would likely be lower.

I'm just waiting on my only order of MP-36+.

Omega Metro
6th February 2019, 11:32 AM
It’s their stupid Crate system they have now. It seemed to work really well before they introduced it. I bought a bunch of instock items last week from their sale and still have not shipped them. Unsure if I’m spose to tell them to ship them or wether I have to wait. And I don’t even know what other items are in stock.

ChlorHex
6th February 2019, 01:23 PM
It’s their stupid Crate system they have now. It seemed to work really well before they introduced it. I bought a bunch of instock items last week from their sale and still have not shipped them. Unsure if I’m spose to tell them to ship them or wether I have to wait. And I don’t even know what other items are in stock.

You need to search up the "Ship my crate/loot" option and add that to your basket AND go through the motions as though you're making a purchase.
Only then will your items be shipped.
Otherwise, it'll just sit there.

Btw, does anyone know if multiple vouchers can be used at one go?
Got a 15 bucks voucher and a 10% off voucher that I'd like a clear off later on a purchase.

UltraMarginal
6th February 2019, 04:01 PM
https://www.toybotimportz.com.au/blogs/news/tbi-collectors-crate

this link shows how their entire crate system works at the moment. take note of the first comment as well. I have noticed that they have notes on some products to say they are in stock and ready to ship on the listing page. (I don't know how current they are with updating listings, but I'd suggest not too bad.

I think that there is an alternative where they just ship to you when it's most economical for them, depending on how much stuff is in your crate and how much shipping volume it takes up.

GoktimusPrime
6th February 2019, 09:32 PM
I find that very surprising. Was this brand new or used? A casual search of NY and HLJ gives a price before shipping of ~$130-$160 compared to TBI pre shipping price of $180 but their shipping would likely be lower.
It was LMIB, and by that I mean that the sticky tape and been cut but the toy was otherwise unhandled. Seemed to be a change of mind purchase from the original owner. So yeah, granted that it was technically a second hand toy, but still... managed to get it cheaper and faster than waiting for TBI to deliver the brand new Cordon that I paid for last year.

I got my other Cordon from Mandarake, who of course don't charge me until the toy ships. I'm really not a fan of stores that have the audacity to take my money first and then fail to deliver.

Raider
8th February 2019, 12:07 AM
It was LMIB, and by that I mean that the sticky tape and been cut but the toy was otherwise unhandled. Seemed to be a change of mind purchase from the original owner. So yeah, granted that it was technically a second hand toy, but still... managed to get it cheaper and faster than waiting for TBI to deliver the brand new Cordon that I paid for last year.

I got my other Cordon from Mandarake, who of course don't charge me until the toy ships. I'm really not a fan of stores that have the audacity to take my money first and then fail to deliver.

But where did you get it Gok? You said the cost was about half so that puts it at around $90? That is an insane price.

Mandarake for instance shows the price at around $130 before shipping. Then add shipping which is somewhere around $20-30 and you are at $150-$160. If you had a discount code with TBI then you could have picked up Cordon for around $155 incl. postage, $144 if you purchased it with another 3 items.

danny-boy
15th February 2019, 04:02 PM
The sounds of the cicadas chirping outside is pretty much reflective of what it feels like to wait for my overdue TBI order...

Yet another week passes and the cicada’s are still chirping.

Omega Metro
15th February 2019, 05:25 PM
Yet another week passes and the cicada’s are still chirping.

I even ‘shipped my Loot Crate’ last week and still no shipping email. They really need to work on their shipping policy as they don’t do what they state.

ZoonMaster5000
15th February 2019, 06:08 PM
I even ‘shipped my Loot Crate’ last week and still no shipping email. They really need to work on their shipping policy as they don’t do what they state.

There is a post on fb explaining their recent absence.

1AZRAEL1
15th February 2019, 06:42 PM
We are responding to emails when we can, our baby boy has come down with a bad viral chest infection earlier this week; we’ve been busy at the hospital and doctors. His well-being comes first.

Thanks for understanding.
-Kylie

Just fyi

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2019, 08:26 PM
But where did you get it Gok? You said the cost was about half so that puts it at around $90? That is an insane price.
Got it from Mandarake. It was 7500JPY ($96) before shipping, which is roughly half of TBI's price. I agree that it's insane, but I wasn't complaining! :D It still worked out to be less than $120 after shipping, so still cheaper.

But I'd still like to receive the one that I preordered from TBI since I damn well paid for the damn thing. They've been offering me discount codes which I couldn't care less about. It's all far too PC-esque for my liking.

drifand
15th February 2019, 09:26 PM
Just fyi

Don’t you think they should have sent a courtesy email to all?
FYI not everyone comes on octa to check updates.
Well is how they run it.

Raider
15th February 2019, 09:35 PM
Don’t you think they should have sent a courtesy email to all?
FYI not everyone comes on octa to check updates.
Well is how they run it.

I think they have more important things on their mind at the moment...

drifand
15th February 2019, 10:03 PM
I think they have more important things on their mind at the moment...

I don’t disagree, still?
Like would you know?

Any form of business would have just sent a quick email. I don’t think that’s over the top.

In fact if that’s the reply he got then is understandable other people are questioning and it would take like 5 minutes tops to send an email to your business group.

1AZRAEL1
15th February 2019, 10:45 PM
It was from the Facebook post, not a reply I got. A quick Facebook post is quicker than to send an email out to every single customer. Just saying.

drifand
15th February 2019, 11:54 PM
It was from the Facebook post, not a reply I got. A quick Facebook post is quicker than to send an email out to every single customer. Just saying.

Is not the main business form of communication as you see Goki has been asking.

Please try and understand the normal.

I don’t post on Facebook saying I am not coming to work. That’s my point I am getting at. What next? Tweeter or snap chat? Again what is 5 minutes of a quick write up and send to all? Am I wrong? I mean you are assuming people have Facebook accounts etc but the main business goes by email for notifications etc.

I am only being realistic, again this is their business and how they want to run it.
You have people got tired of waiting for replies. That’s all I am pointing out. And I am saying is all avoidable.

1AZRAEL1
16th February 2019, 12:11 AM
Is not the main business form of communication as you see Goki has been asking.

Please try and understand the normal.

I don’t post on Facebook saying I am not coming to work. That’s my point I am getting at. What next? Tweeter or snap chat? Again what is 5 minutes of a quick write up and send to all? Am I wrong? I mean you are assuming people have Facebook accounts etc but the main business goes by email for notifications etc.

Seriously? Compare apples with oranges all you like. People do post up on Facebook that they're sick and not going to work. But that's on the individual to tell their work. Completely different situation anyway. Sending out mass emails, on alot of occasions sends up red flags and boom ends up in junk boxes. Most people in this world do have Facebook anyway.

I posted up the information in here for those that didn't see it.

drifand
16th February 2019, 12:16 AM
And again not everyone comes to octa.

Mate either you are just being very ignorant that the business runs by email as the main source of communication and not by Facebook because I am not going to beat a dead horse around this subject. Does it says that on their website? We communicate with Facebook only?

“There are numerous ways to get into contact with us, we are active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and of course email.”

I am done. Is just simple feedback here. You need to cover all grounds.

1AZRAEL1
16th February 2019, 12:17 AM
The impatience I've seen in this world these days is beyond me. Maybe I just see customer service from a different point of view because I deal with the impatience of people day in day out. Everyone wants everything right now and complain when they don't. Not talking about just TBI, but everything in general.

1AZRAEL1
16th February 2019, 12:21 AM
To beat a dead horse, I do get messages back on Facebook and emails. I just don't expect responses so quick because I know they are just 2 people and have hundreds of other emails/messages to go through and they'll get to mine eventually so I don't need to send another and clog up their response time.

And as you say, they communicate across 4 different platforms, so they have to check each one, and when people send the same message to each, they'd have to read them all before they'd send a response.

drifand
16th February 2019, 12:26 AM
To beat a dead horse, I do get messages back on Facebook and emails. I just don't expect responses so quick because I know they are just 2 people and have hundreds of other emails/messages to go through and they'll get to mine eventually so I don't need to send another and clog up their response time.

And as you say, they communicate across 4 different platforms, so they have to check each one, and when people send the same message to each, they'd have to read them all before they'd send a response.

Or do a cut and paste, sorry we have blah blah blah... we apologise for this we get back as soon as we can. Hmm... too hard

I spell it out if you are not keeping up. Be responsible for your business. You know somethings up, do the basic post on all four social media you use saying the inconvenience and get back when you are ready. This includes the main email to your client base hence people who are impatient would cool and back off.

They have more important things to worry I don’t disagree here. But an email as a form of formal communication to your clients is the quickest way that everyone in business with them gets a notification of delays.

GoktimusPrime
16th February 2019, 12:48 AM
The impatience I've seen in this world these days is beyond me.
Cordon was released in October and it's now February. I don't think that I'm being unreasonable in feeling somewhat dissatisfied with the service I'm getting.

primetime
16th February 2019, 09:49 AM

HLJ currently has a TF sale on, MP Cordon works out to be $168 EMS shipped, no mess no fuss.

1AZRAEL1
16th February 2019, 11:09 AM
Or do a cut and paste, sorry we have blah blah blah... we apologise for this we get back as soon as we can. Hmm... too hard

I spell it out if you are not keeping up. Be responsible for your business. You know somethings up, do the basic post on all four social media you use saying the inconvenience and get back when you are ready. This includes the main email to your client base hence people who are impatient would cool and back off.

They have more important things to worry I don’t disagree here. But an email as a form of formal communication to your clients is the quickest way that everyone in business with them gets a notification of delays.

Social media is the new norm, fastest way to get notifications out instead of mass emails.

Cordon was released in October and it's now February. I don't think that I'm being unreasonable in feeling somewhat dissatisfied with the service I'm getting.

I do agree that delay sucks, surely there's a logical explanation for it. I don't know it.

drifand
16th February 2019, 11:30 AM
Right so when you place an order you get notified by Facebook.
I am done. That’s the normal go figure.

I guess when my doctor says he cancel appointments is done by Facebook too.

And you have to wonder if that’s the normal then why are people still questioning till someone posted here?

FYI this isn’t about which is the best or fastest. Is about ensuring you covered all grounds of your clients. Trying to blame a customer for not checking their Facebook or tweet or any form isn’t exactly what I call good form of communication. And I am not saying the owner did, I only gave feedback that it was easiest to send a mail to all TBI customers. Hence if I were to order something I am expecting delays. Or if you ordered something you know something is held back.

Mass email a burden? Not in such a case.

1AZRAEL1
16th February 2019, 11:50 AM
I'm done trying to argue with someone who is too stubborn to see it from another point of view. I've never been sent an email notifying of delays from any webstore. Keep comparing apples and oranges buddy. A doctor, or their assistant, will call to cancel an appointment for one patient. Again a completely stupid analogy.

I'm not blaming customers. I posted up something that some may have not seen. Tried to help. Guess I won't bother again if this is the repsonse I'll get.

Anyway, I'm done.

drifand
16th February 2019, 11:51 AM
Speak for yourself, you assume too much.

I gave a suggestion you went anal about it that isn’t the way.
You totally forgot not everyone uses Facebook

Examples from other site:

Nippon yasan: please note the change of arrival of this product has been push at a later date.

Hlj: we apologise for an outage that will take place from date to date

But yeah I making bs up. I don’t check hlj Facebook for updates not go to Nippon yasan Facebook page for updates.

And in case you didn’t know Facebook account can get suspended and you won’t be able to recover for a while. Hence nothing wrong with an email to your client base for a general update. We not talking about individual email queries.

I am not saying updates on Facebook is bad, I am saying it doesn’t cover the client base.

What was important here is the owner might not be around for a considerable amount of time and hence it would be nice if tbi customers were given a heads up of delays that may occur. (I would do this on all social media plus email my client base) because that is what is stated on website. But hey keep on disagreeing and say I am comparing, I am not, I only gave a suggestion.

Tranceblade
16th February 2019, 01:49 PM
How dare people cheap out on the seller you buy from, and then complain. /S

You wouldn't have this problem if you'd paid the extra to buy from a reputable seller like TFSource or BBTS.

BruiseLee
16th February 2019, 03:33 PM
Is all this negativity coming from what happened with PC?? I can tell you first hand that when your kids are in and out of hospitals and doctors with threatening conditions that nothing else would be on your mind save for the health of your children. Understand that people are upset about communication but as Az has mentioned, social media is very much acceptable in this day and age. It is also something you can do on the go which is probably what Kylie did while with her bub. I would not expect a mass email on this.

Also, pretty much all of us collectors are part of a community where news gets passed along. I noticed the post on FB as well and was going to share this here too but Az was able to update everyone first. Not everyone is on all media channels but we as a community can help inform.

1AZRAEL1
25th February 2019, 11:45 AM
Got some stuff from them. Sent them a message the other day as to status of a few things and got them sent. One was an in stock, other 3 were preorders arrived. Another happy transaction.

Jeffatron
25th February 2019, 12:20 PM
I ordered some items last month that were in stock, and the order sits at unfulfilled. I emailed them twice (first after 2 weeks and then again a week and a half later) and still no reply.

Omega Metro
25th February 2019, 12:45 PM
I ordered some items last month that were in stock, and the order sits at unfulfilled. I emailed them twice (first after 2 weeks and then again a week and a half later) and still no reply.

I feel your pain. Did you pay shipping or add it to your collector crate? They will only ship out when they feel like it if you choose the crate option.

DaptoDog
25th February 2019, 01:40 PM
Has anyone received their MP-36+ Megatron orders yet? It's now a month past their ETA. I'm not stressed about it given their family issues but will be emailing them seeking an update.

The Letter M
25th February 2019, 04:02 PM
Has anyone received their MP-36+ Megatron orders yet? It's now a month past their ETA. I'm not stressed about it given their family issues but will be emailing them seeking an update.

I have stuff that should have been shipped out in November and haven't had a response on it. Has been a bit miss and miss for me.

BigTransformerTrev
25th February 2019, 04:30 PM

I have stuff that should have been shipped out in November and haven't had a response on it. Has been a bit miss and miss for me.

It's funny that when I wrote a blog about it being hard times for Aussie Collectors (http://www.bigangrytrev.com/hard-times-for-aussie-collectors/) that when I asked interviewee's about were they put off by the antics of Aussie TF retailers such as Premium Collectables, Maynstream Merch and so on, completely unbidden the interviewees all talked about how good Toybot Importz was.

I wonder if the replies would be the same if I redid the interview now

Sinnertwin
25th February 2019, 04:55 PM
It's funny that when I wrote a blog about it being hard times for Aussie Collectors (http://www.bigangrytrev.com/hard-times-for-aussie-collectors/) that when I asked interviewee's about were they put off by the antics of Aussie TF retailers such as Premium Collectables, Maynstream Merch and so on, completely unbidden the interviewees all talked about how good Toybot Importz was.

Worth noting that Amazon have resumed their international shipping too. It would be an interesting read, not so much for ToyBotz Importz, but in general, like an update so to speak.

ZoonMaster5000
25th February 2019, 08:54 PM

I’m still waiting on MP-29+ and only just received Mp-17+ the other week so I wouldn’t be getting your hopes up any time soon

GoktimusPrime
25th February 2019, 08:59 PM

There was a time when PC was reliable too. :(

Those who fail to learn from other people's mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

ChlorHex
25th February 2019, 09:10 PM

Interesting... same experience here.
2nd time now that a shipment has arrived missing items.
Purchased only in stock stuff so I'm quite peeved that it hasn't been fully fulfilled as I don't do preorders.
Emailed twice over a period of a couple of weeks but haven't heard back either.
They've started an auto reply thing with a queue number... that gives me a really bad vibe what with PC doing that before as well.
Not asking for anything more than what i paid for as well as acknowledgement that they're going to rectify the mistake they made :mad:

BigTransformerTrev
26th February 2019, 06:44 AM
Worth noting that Amazon have resumed their international shipping too. It would be an interesting read, not so much for ToyBotz Importz, but in general, like an update so to speak.

Well with Amazon US now available to us again, Toymate spreading and the possible relaunching of ToysRUs, an update might have to be titled ‘Not quite as Hard times for Aussie Collectors’ :p:D

Jeffatron
26th February 2019, 06:47 AM
I feel your pain. Did you pay shipping or add it to your collector crate? They will only ship out when they feel like it if you choose the crate option.

Sadly not, I picked another option and it says "sendle shipping courier"

GoktimusPrime
26th February 2019, 09:36 AM
that gives me a really bad vibe what with PC doing that before as well.
↑ EXACTLY THIS!

Not asking for anything more than what i paid for as well as acknowledgement that they're going to rectify the mistake they made :mad:
Ditto. I don't even care about an acknowledgement or apology or anything, just give me what I've freakin' paid for. I have another preorder with them although the set hasn't come out yet... but I'm probably going to double purchase it because I just don't trust TBI anymore. :( :mad:

I am just over Aussie online retailers now. I went with PC out of a sense of patriotism and got burnt. I then supported TLTC, TLTC, Armoured Heaven and TBI and have also been burnt (although TLTC and AH have refunded my money). I'll stick with more reputable overseas online retailers or even pay extra for local independent store purchases. Indies charge more than the majors because they don't have the purchasing power of the majors. But if they prove to be more reliable in getting in stock, then sure, I will pay for that reliability and convenience.

Jeffatron
26th February 2019, 10:48 AM
↑ EXACTLY THIS!

Ditto. I don't even care about an acknowledgement or apology or anything, just give me what I've freakin' paid for. I have another preorder with them although the set hasn't come out yet... but I'm probably going to double purchase it because I just don't trust TBI anymore. :( :mad:

I am just over Aussie online retailers now. I went with PC out of a sense of patriotism and got burnt. I then supported TLTC, TLTC, Armoured Heaven and TBI and have also been burnt (although TLTC and AH have refunded my money). I'll stick with more reputable overseas online retailers or even pay extra for local independent store purchases. Indies charge more than the majors because they don't have the purchasing power of the majors. But if they prove to be more reliable in getting in stock, then sure, I will pay for that reliability and convenience.

I usually purchase through saviers toys and I've never had a bad experience. But I guess there's always a risk when you're dealing with an independent company rather than a large corporation

danny-boy
26th February 2019, 11:55 AM

Well they’ve got a new estimate - delayed March 2019.

Yeah these guys have Premium Collectables written all over them. I’m expecting March to come and go and the inevitable ‘delayed April 2019’.

UltraMarginal
26th February 2019, 12:37 PM
Even BBTS have listings that are updated at the end of a month to say arriving next month. they never email all their buyers updating this sort of thing, you have to go to the listing on the website to find out and sometimes its not till a few days into the new month until the listing updates.
I have experienced this myself. It's frustrating but what are they going to do when that's all the information they have. I've seen this with listings of Hasbro product, let alone third party or otherwise.

DaptoDog
26th February 2019, 12:56 PM
I’m still waiting on MP-29+ and only just received Mp-17+ the other week so I wouldn’t be getting your hopes up any time soon

Thanks but that's discouraging.

Well they’ve got a new estimate - delayed March 2019.

Yeah these guys have Premium Collectables written all over them. I’m expecting March to come and go and the inevitable ‘delayed April 2019’.

Right well that's annoying. We know this release is not delayed, RK was shipping these from end December.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now but won't be ordering again. This was my first and only order because I wanted to buy locally.

Jeffatron
26th February 2019, 01:10 PM
Even BBTS have listings that are updated at the end of a month to say arriving next month. they never email all their buyers updating this sort of thing, you have to go to the listing on the website to find out and sometimes its not till a few days into the new month until the listing updates.
I have experienced this myself. It's frustrating but what are they going to do when that's all the information they have. I've seen this with listings of Hasbro product, let alone third party or otherwise.

Delays are understandable, even if the root cause is the company itself sometimes they (and life) just happens. But it's the complete lack of contact to support queries that is annoying.

1AZRAEL1
26th February 2019, 01:30 PM
Yep, these guys are like PC :rolleyes:

In regards to MP36+, it's not like RK has to deal with nanny state customs in importing replica firearms. It sucks but it is what it is.

And yes sometimes the website isn't updated on every single item they have for sale. BBTS can update it because they have a dedicated team of people. These guys are are 2 people with a kid and day jobs. Sure I can understand the frustration, but I can also see it from their point of view.

Omega Metro
26th February 2019, 01:56 PM
From what I’ve heard, they seem to get a lot of stock that gets stuck at customs/freight forwarders. That’s one reason why people are not getting their stuff on time I’m guessing. As for responding to messages, I had a response a few days ago so they are responding.

Jeffatron
26th February 2019, 03:17 PM
Yep, these guys are like PC :rolleyes:

I agree to a certain extent to this comment... they don't appear to be doing anything criminal however I can see why they are starting to get that comparison. I ordered IN STOCK items pretty much a month ago.

For the record, I personally don't think they are doing a PC, but I can see why others might.

In regards to MP36+, it's not like RK has to deal with nanny state customs in importing replica firearms. It sucks but it is what it is.

I sort of agree with this, if you're going to compare retailers then at least compare them with someone in the same country.

And yes sometimes the website isn't updated on every single item they have for sale. BBTS can update it because they have a dedicated team of people. These guys are 2 people with a kid and day jobs. Sure I can understand the frustration, but I can also see it from their point of view.

If you choose to start running a business, whether it be for plastic toys for man children like ourselves or be it for something else... you're a business. If they don't have enough staff or time to run the business then that's something they either rectify, or deal with being compared to someone like PC.

Like I've said before, delays happen. But if those delays in communication and / or shipping are in part due to not having enough resources to run the business, then there has to come a point where they expand or close down. I'd prefer it to be the former as I think they do have good intentions (see my point on the comparisons with PC and RK), but they losing the risk of losing customers.

DaptoDog
26th February 2019, 03:55 PM

I sort of agree with this, if you're going to compare retailers then at least compare them with someone in the same country.

To be clear, I only referenced RK to show that the product is shipping from other retailers, meaning this is not a case of a product delay.

I take it that it could have been held up at customs but at this point that is just an assumption since they haven't explained why it is delayed.

Having never ordered from them I don't know if the delays being described here are normal or have gotten worse.