PDA

View Full Version : $20 off anything on eBay

Kazza
27th July 2017, 10:08 PM
Code:

THANKYOU20

https://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/thankyou?_trkparms=%26clkid%3D6358803597934204944

jazzcomp
28th July 2017, 10:42 AM
Minimum spend of $100.

ChlorHex
29th July 2017, 06:03 PM
Please note that this is an invite only discount code.
I just made a purchase and this code wasn't accepted.
After chatting with ebay, they stated that it isn't meant for all buyers.
So if you didn't receive a message in your inbox for this, you can't use it.

canofwhoopass_87
29th July 2017, 10:01 PM
Please note that this is an invite only discount code.
I just made a purchase and this code wasn't accepted.
After chatting with ebay, they stated that it isn't meant for all buyers.
So if you didn't receive a message in your inbox for this, you can't use it.

Explains why it didn't work for me :rolleyes:

Thanks Chlor

BruiseLee
29th July 2017, 10:08 PM
Shame about the code not working.

Quick tip for this is to add the item to cart rather than doing a buy it now. When in cart you can try to add the code and if it doesn't work you can remove the item from cart.

ampoldj
30th July 2017, 09:18 AM
Actually if you can use it there should be a $20 voucher you can select

Kazza
30th July 2017, 09:40 PM
That's odd, it was advertised on a banner on ebay home website. I never got a personal email from ebay saying this is a special code for me alone. Sorry guys if I stuff you over on your purchases. :(:o

canofwhoopass_87
30th July 2017, 09:53 PM
That's odd, it was advertised on a banner on ebay home website. I never got a personal email from ebay saying this is a special code for me alone. Sorry guys if I stuff you over on your purchases. :(:o

No need to apologise Kazza - its easy to check codes before we buy anything anyway.

I reckon we should have a dedicated ebay sales thread, which we can update with offers.

Thanks for sharing the regular updates, you've saved members on here a lot of money.

drifand
31st July 2017, 10:36 AM
I believe it was still worth a shot, and sometimes it happens.

I had a whole cart of items added and voucher applied and worked. Checkout paid but Ebay does not recognise the orders. :(

I had to workout with paypal for refunds.

Ebay had privately asked to me to repurchase and they will credit, but I am reluctant to until Paypal refunds all my transactions.

ChlorHex
31st July 2017, 06:27 PM
I believe it was still worth a shot, and sometimes it happens.

I had a whole cart of items added and voucher applied and worked. Checkout paid but Ebay does not recognise the orders. :(

I had to workout with paypal for refunds.

Ebay had privately asked to me to repurchase and they will credit, but I am reluctant to until Paypal refunds all my transactions.

How did ebay not recognize the orders when you'd already paid at checkout?

ChlorHex
31st July 2017, 06:29 PM

It's all cool man :)
You do a great job alerting us to sales.
I got 10% off from ebay in the end... better than nothing I guess.

DaptoDog
1st August 2017, 02:50 PM
That code works for me thanks mate.

drifand
1st August 2017, 05:01 PM
How did ebay not recognize the orders when you'd already paid at checkout?

Normally when you checkout, you pay with Paypal and is done.

emails will come in stating you paid this > this > this > this with voucher etc..
emails from Ebay > you purchased etc... < this was not showing.

also your purchase history should reflect what you just purchased, >this wasn't showing either.

I asked Ebay and they said there wasn't any of such transactions, even though Paypal clearly stated the ebay transaction id etc...

Hence I am just getting refunded before I purchase again as Ebay says they will credit me once I buy again.

griffin
1st August 2017, 05:27 PM
Maybe the banner only showed up for those who were eligible, if they were logged in at the time.

Skullcruncher
2nd August 2017, 05:00 PM
And you can only use it once unfortunately.

The Ghost
3rd August 2017, 11:28 AM
What is with these selective invite codes? Just random?

Gutsman Heavy
3rd August 2017, 12:43 PM
The banner disappeared for me but the code still worked

ampoldj
3rd August 2017, 04:40 PM
What is with these selective invite codes? Just random?

This time i believe for those who bought something in June

drifand
3rd August 2017, 05:02 PM
having a nightmare with Paypal.

It feels like they can't refund me due to a system error on Ebay even though Ebay had formally asked me to get refunded.

Instead Paypal plays the is Seller's fault game and is asking the seller to respond and if not I get refunded.

I clarified with Paypal I said that should NOT be the case as it should be refunded due to a system glitch. I mean what would you do if the seller says I send now? Is not a registered product from ebay as is already not in the database and they wont honour if the item is defective? and is like I am ignored.

So technically I am waiting 10 days for bs reasons of waiting for seller to respond when it should be refunded immediately. I just lost my appetite to buy the items again even though Ebay offer the 10% coupon.

The Ghost
3rd August 2017, 10:29 PM

Urgh, I have like 4 July purchases... smh

BruiseLee
3rd August 2017, 10:35 PM

Tried to use it but it's a no for me. Also had bought done things in June and July so might not be it. Ended up using the 10% off one :)