PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversay toys that are out

MV75
20th October 2008, 03:02 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/transformers-universe-25th-anniversary-optimus-prime-released-166025/

Thought I'd add a generic title for this thread so that others can be added as global sightings are found.

griffin
20th October 2008, 03:39 PM
Not too surprising, as a November release date indicates the month that they hope to have an item in most stores, and as such start shipping stuff out to stores in the weeks leading up to it. Or if there isn't a specific release date that stores can't sell them before, Hasbro will just send out stock as soon as it arrives from China, early or late.
Our release date is late November, but we could effectively see them in stores here anytime from now.

FFN
20th October 2008, 07:27 PM
Given it's $69.99 over there (ouch, Hasbro :(), can I expect our price to be in the several billion Australian dollars?

MV75
20th October 2008, 10:01 PM
Yea, even the first posters there were baulking at the price. :)

I'd expect no less than $150AUD. Well, maybe one cent less.

GoktimusPrime
20th October 2008, 10:17 PM
...even current after-market prices for Encore Convoy are much cheaper than that. (example (http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Optimus-Prime-Encore-Convoy-G1-Reissue_W0QQitemZ290268148712QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem290268148712&_trkparms=72%3A1205|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A13 18&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)). IMO Encore Convoy represents better value for money.

FFN
21st October 2008, 04:48 PM
Value for money depends on how much Hasbro AU charges for this set, because you're still paying for a sh*tload in air mail to get Encore Convoy from that auction there.

SilverDragon
21st October 2008, 09:53 PM
...Okay, even if this represents an opportunity to own a slice of G1, I think I'll pass if the AU price is OVER $9000.

Metroplex
21st October 2008, 09:55 PM
It will be interesting to see the AU price for this but I still want it!

swoop
22nd October 2008, 08:13 AM
Maybe it wont be as expensive as everyone is dreading it will be, they might have learnt there lesson as far as the really expensive transformers go and will keep the price low like they did with animated roll out optimus prime. I keep my fingers crossed

Soundwarp
22nd October 2008, 08:20 AM
How can they charge so much for Optimus Prime, i mean come on the mould is the same the paint is the same....
Does it cost heaps to neuter his stacks does it???

swoop
22nd October 2008, 08:30 AM
Its probably because of all the extras included and its an anniversary edition so they can get away with chargeing that much. But I agree it is a lot of money for a figure that has been reissued so many times in the last 8 years.

dirge
22nd October 2008, 10:30 AM
Hasbro do have a habit of charging a lot for bells & whistles, if they think the collector market will cop it.

To be fair, we sometimes get good deals like Reissue Astrotrain.

MV75
22nd October 2008, 11:33 AM
Or Commemorative Soundwave. That one seemed like a side effect of a brief concussion by whoever was pricing that day at Hasbro/TRU. :D

optimus1
22nd October 2008, 12:32 PM
Hasbro do have a habit of charging a lot for bells & whistles, if they think the collector market will cop it.

To be fair, we sometimes get good deals like Reissue Astrotrain.

+ 1 on that Dirge

I love how I got my Hasbro Reissue Astrotrain from a Kmart for about $30 :D

I hope the 25th Anniv. Prime isnt too overpriced, i wouldnt mind it for display

MV75
22nd October 2008, 12:43 PM
I love how I paid ~$16/17 for mine. :)

Pulse
22nd October 2008, 12:56 PM
Well, they were bound to reissue Prime for the kazillionith time :D but I'm guessing he'll be priced at around about $100... :rolleyes:

kup
22nd October 2008, 01:00 PM
Its also probable that Takara may have its own release of this next year. It may simply be a special release of Encore Prime with G1 Mangas or something.

i_amtrunks
22nd October 2008, 02:01 PM
Well, they were bound to reissue Prime for the kazillionith time :D but I'm guessing he'll be priced at around about $100... :rolleyes:

That'd be my guess too. $99.95 or some such rubbish.

Far too much for what is essentially a rose red Prime with some useless extra's.

I dont know if I want it to sell well or not, I'd like some more domestically available re-issues, but I do not want to encourage second rate and gimmick heavy versions like this Prime.

FFN
22nd October 2008, 07:42 PM
That'd be my guess too. $99.95 or some such rubbish.

Far too much for what is essentially a rose red Prime with some useless extra's.

I dont know if I want it to sell well or not, I'd like some more domestically available re-issues, but I do not want to encourage second rate and gimmick heavy versions like this Prime. Overstatement much?

MV75
22nd October 2008, 08:23 PM
I reckon. The toy only has as many "gimmicks" as the 1984 version did. :D

It's the unrelated accessories that push it into the expensive territory.

DigDug
22nd October 2008, 08:46 PM
I hope they reused the 20th anniversary DVD Prime voice recordings for the Autobot insignia. That would make it all worthwhile :p

jacksplatt11
22nd October 2008, 09:04 PM
I hope they reused the 20th anniversary DVD Prime voice recordings for the Autobot insignia. That would make it all worthwhile :p

Are you being sarcastic? It's always hard to tell on the net haha..

I only say that because I thought the 20th anniversary prime recordings were hugely disappointing, simply for the fact it wasn't Peter Cullen's voice.. Why they didn't use his is a mystery to me..

STL
22nd October 2008, 10:13 PM
I think this time they're using Cullen's voice, right. Iceburn should be able to confirm

DigDug
22nd October 2008, 10:39 PM
Are you being sarcastic? It's always hard to tell on the net haha..

I only say that because I thought the 20th anniversary prime recordings were hugely disappointing, simply for the fact it wasn't Peter Cullen's voice.. Why they didn't use his is a mystery to me..

Lol, I thought there was no need for explanation :) DVD Prime's voice recordings were awful! They sounded like uncle Bob's Optimus impressions... but they made a tough decision to not buy the toy a lot easier!

jacksplatt11
22nd October 2008, 10:44 PM
Haha yeah I thought so, but its always hard on the net and on sms to read sarcasm, due to no tone and all... But I agree, it was pretty awful... I just use mine as a stand :D

iceburn
22nd October 2008, 11:40 PM
I think this time they're using Cullen's voice, right. Iceburn should be able to confirm

100% correct! but i'm unsure if its my gadget's battery that is weaken or probably the recording sounded "weak" and "slow".

there are both transforming sound too.
can't really remember all of them. i'll go get it tomorrow of out the big box and have a go at it again