PDA

View Full Version : Action Robo (HK based..?)

philby
3rd August 2017, 12:26 AM
Hi, has anyone bought from Action Robo before? I have seen them mentioned recently on FB but haven't tried them. I may have heard them mentioned elsewhere previously too. I think they are based in Hong Kong. Looking to see if anyone has any feedback or stories before I think about plunging in...

valkyrie_76
3rd August 2017, 06:22 AM
Action Robo is very good. I used them a couple of years ago with no problems.
Also been to their shop in HK and the owner is really good.

Trent
3rd August 2017, 06:59 AM
I used them as recently as last week. They took a few days to post but other than that I'm happy with them.

Nighthawkblack
3rd August 2017, 12:07 PM
I've spent way too much time on these chargebacks. My bank is giving me the cold shoulder on this last grand. I don't know what to do. This company sucks.

valkyrie_76
3rd August 2017, 12:20 PM
I've spent way too much time on these chargebacks. My bank is giving me the cold shoulder on this last grand. I don't know what to do. This company sucks.

Wrong thread?

Ralph Wiggum
3rd August 2017, 12:21 PM

Geez I hope ur in the wrong thread :eek:

valkyrie_76
3rd August 2017, 09:55 PM
I used them as recently as last week. They took a few days to post but other than that I'm happy with them.

Mr Lam and his wife run the shop in HK but they also have a day jobs they both do plus look after their little one so little delays can happen.

..........................at least you get the item you pay for :D

BruiseLee
3rd August 2017, 10:44 PM
Geez I hope ur in the wrong thread :eek:

I sure hope so or this would be the worst luck with online shopping...

spiderken17
4th August 2017, 12:39 PM
I have used Action Robo before as well and was very heppy with them.

philby
4th August 2017, 02:52 PM
Ok cheers, good to see some.people have used them. I ended up making an order with RK instead as they had a couple more things I wanted but i will definitely keep an eye out for this store too.

Bladestorm
4th August 2017, 06:50 PM
I go into their shop semi-regularly.
As mentioned, they have day jobs so even the shop is only opened for limited hours (after 5 pm).

Whilst I haven't brought stuff shipped from them (I buy in-store) they are definitely a legitimate shop/business who have a very good reputation on the ground here. I've always found them to be happy and helpful although can be a little over-priced on their official Hasbro/Takara stuff compared to other stores nearby. Sometimes I will pay the higher price if I can't find something at my other regular haunts or for the peace of mind of legitimacy.

Ode to a Grasshopper
15th April 2019, 07:04 PM
Got an order from them today. All good on speed and handling, though I wish they had a set-currency option on the site rather than defaulting to US$.