PDA

View Full Version : UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Pages : [1] 2 3

Krayt
21st August 2017, 11:32 AM
EDIT UPDATE - contact details for Australia (to chase up damaged or missing issues, or to update your payment details)

Since the change of Australian distributor, and change of billing to the UK head office of Hachette, contact details and payment details have changed.
Payments will appear as a UK charge, with foreign fees if your bank has foreign transaction fees.

If you need to contact them in the UK...
Email - customer_service_aus@hachette-service.com
Phone - Call this number: 02 8378 7930 (Open Mon-Fri 17.00-23.00 AEST) - it is an Australian number that will redirect to the UK at their expense. (you won't be charged for the international phonecall, if calling within Australia).

If you have been sent a "backorder" notice because they couldn't supply a certain volume (probably ran out of copies), contact them if it doesn't show up after 6 months. That's a long wait, but that is what I was told, as it probably takes a few months for replacements to be found or maybe reprinted, and shipped from their side of the world (if they are sending stock in batches to Australia).

-----------------------------------------------------------

From this news topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=24263) - IT"S BEEN SIGHTED HERE IN AUS!!!

$7.99 Issue 1...

$19.99 ongoing

Website is updated with AUS details too...

http://www.transformerscollection.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TransformersG1Collection/

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/082401.jpg
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/082402.jpg

reillyd
21st August 2017, 01:29 PM
Thank goodness. The cost of shipping forwarding was too expensive to justify, but this is at least affordable

tinyJazz
21st August 2017, 06:05 PM
So can you buy these at physical stores or do you have to subscribe? I only want issue 5 haha

DarkHyren
21st August 2017, 06:13 PM
So can you buy these at physical stores or do you have to subscribe? I only want issue 5 hahaYou can buy them at newsagents, though if you want issue 5 you'll have to wait till about October 16th (as 1 issue comes out a fortnight).

Also might be worth mentioning to anyone interested, subscribing is the best option if you plan to get them all as not all newsagents end up getting issues in, I've seen it happen in the past where they will get issues 1-5 in but then stop because of low sales etc, so subscribing is the best option if one doesnt want to miss out

Paulbot
21st August 2017, 06:28 PM
IT"S BEEN SIGHTED HERE IN AUS!!!

$7.99 Issue 1...

$19.99 ongoing

Website is updated with AUS details too...

http://www.transformerscollection.com/

I've been waiting!

Seeing the Star Trek version at the Newsagents gave me hope.

I am torn though as I only really want half of this. Anyone only want the IDW volumes? We could team up!

BigTransformerTrev
21st August 2017, 07:23 PM
I am torn though as I only really want half of this. Anyone only want the IDW volumes? We could team up!

I collected the Star Trek fact files twenty years ago - still in a box somewhere.

So these are covering IDW as well eh? Awesome! All of it or just selected issues? Are they covering the Dreamwave era as well?

Paulbot
21st August 2017, 07:27 PM
So these are covering IDW as well eh? Awesome! All of it or just selected issues? Are they covering the Dreamwave era as well?

Volumes release in the UK so far have included Marvel US, Marvel UK, Dreamwave and IDW - supposed to be all G1 so not things like the Armada or Movieverse comics, but it does have ReGeneration One.

BigTransformerTrev
21st August 2017, 07:47 PM
Volumes release in the UK so far have included Marvel US, Marvel UK, Dreamwave and IDW - supposed to be all G1 so not things like the Armada or Movieverse comics, but it does have ReGeneration One.

Cheers for the info. Hmmm.... it says 'definitive' but not 'comprehensive' so I assume it wont include absolutely everything. Was just wondering if I should stop buying regaulr comics from this point on as they will eventually show up in this set but who knows eh.

DarkHyren
21st August 2017, 07:55 PM
Looking at what has been released (list on wikipedia) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_The_Definitive_G1_Collection) I'd say there's a good chance that it will be all of DW and IDW.
The latest mentioned volume as far as numbering is 64 which has comics from 2014-2015 so I think there's a good chance that volumes 65-80 will have comics from 2015-2017, so I'd say if it's G1 it will be in the collection somewhere

Jazzman
21st August 2017, 09:15 PM
I never had anything to do with the comics back in the day so I'm in now to make up for lost time. I'm really only interested in the Marvel stuff but will give the more modern stuff a shot too. :cool:

Bumblebee2000
21st August 2017, 10:58 PM
Will probably have to go all in* because I don't know a single newsagent that will carry this for more than 4 issues but I've dreamed for quite a while of a collection weaving the US and UK Marvel issues together in chronological order. :D

*Only problem with IDW is I've already got most of it from Costa's Chaos.

Omega Metro
21st August 2017, 11:39 PM
Will probably have to go all in* because I don't know a single newsagent that will carry this for more than 4 issues but I've dreamed for quite a while of a collection weaving the US and UK Marvel issues together in chronological order. :D

*Only problem with IDW is I've already got most of it from Costa's Chaos.

I phoned my local newsagent today and asked if they had it. They did but won't order the future issues for me due to people dropping out once they have to pay full price. Why bother getting the first issue in if they won't support the future ones?:confused:
Ended up subscribing online after 200 attempts to navigate the stupid website.

griffin
22nd August 2017, 06:58 AM
It's a shame, but expected... it will make it difficult to acquire the few issues that I want (the recoloured issues), or even to just stop at the end of the 1980s comic if they are releasing them at random here as well.

Paulbot
22nd August 2017, 08:25 AM
It's a shame, but expected... it will make it difficult to acquire the few issues that I want (the recoloured issues), or even to just stop at the end of the 1980s comic if they are releasing them at random here as well.

Based on the website the release order here is the same (random order) as in the UK. We're just six/seven months behind.

If they were in order I'd just get the first 20 and call it a day.

Other
22nd August 2017, 09:22 AM
It's not really 'random', it's a deliberate order that ensures buyers can't complete any of the particular series in the collection until the end of the collection. The idea is to string you along for the full length of the run and keep you paying from start to end even if you don't actually want a bulk of the individual volumes. Odds are good you'll get a chunk of Marvel G1 upfront but then the rest is strung out over the next six+ years

Jazzman
22nd August 2017, 09:59 AM
It's not really 'random', it's a deliberate order that ensures buyers can't complete any of the particular series in the collection until the end of the collection. The idea is to string you along for the full length of the run and keep you paying from start to end even if you don't actually want a bulk of the individual volumes. Odds are good you'll get a chunk of Marvel G1 upfront but then the rest is strung out over the next six+ years

2 issues per month... Guess it'll be just over 3 years

Paulbot
22nd August 2017, 10:16 AM
2 issues per month... Guess it'll be just over 3 years

3 years and about $1600. It's a bit of a commitment but the string it out business model is sound! I'm just about ready to subscribe for something I only want a third of. :o

Jazzman
22nd August 2017, 12:30 PM
3 years and about $1600. It's a bit of a commitment but the string it out business model is sound! I'm just about ready to subscribe for something I only want a third of. :o

I hear ya... :eek:

Sunsurge
22nd August 2017, 05:20 PM
Yippee! just found Issue 1 at a newsagent today in Craigmore. Didn't ask if they'll be carrying the entire range but I will ask when I go pick up Issue 2.

Krayt
22nd August 2017, 06:04 PM
I did the "Star War Fact File" back in the day..... 100 issues got extended when ep 2 came out... was going really well... and the stopped before ep 3!!!!

:mad:

DarkHyren
22nd August 2017, 06:44 PM
I did the "Star War Fact File" back in the day..... 100 issues got extended when ep 2 came out... was going really well... and the stopped before ep 3!!!!

:mad:I know what you mean, I was collecting the Star Trek ones and they just kept increasing the amount. Which wouldnt have been so bad if they were hardcover and you didnt have to "build" them by pulling apart the pages to stick in a folder, it severely decreased the structural integrity doing so (as anyone that has experience with these things knows).

Hopefully the Australian site mirrors what the UK site have done for this transformers book collection, which is allowing people to buy individual issues, as that way those who only want certain stories dont have to subscribe or look for them in newsagents. That way even if it gets extended past the 80 volumes (which it very well might) those that arent interested in everything can get the bits they do want.

I personally dont have anything that's going to be in this collection apart from US G1 so I'll probably get it all, them being hardcover as well as complete in chronological order (when one has the complete collection, or so it seems) is a big draw point for me

Sunsurge
22nd August 2017, 07:01 PM
Anybody else planning to keep these MISB?

BigTransformerTrev
23rd August 2017, 08:23 AM
3 years and about $1600. o

Whoah - I hadn't done the calculations before - that's a hefty amount! :eek:

Ah well, I would have just wasted the money on hookers and coke anyway :p

A lot of it may be doubling up for me as I have almost every single IDW issue as well as 95% of the DW ones. However they are all individual comics which are packed away and it's really hard and time consuming to find a specific issue if I want to read it. In that regard this set will be good to grab for me.

Anybody else planning to keep these MISB?

They come in boxes? :confused:

DarkHyren
23rd August 2017, 12:50 PM
Whoah - I hadn't done the calculations before - that's a hefty amount! :eek:

Ah well, I would have just wasted the money on hookers and coke anyway :p

A lot of it may be doubling up for me as I have almost every single IDW issue as well as 95% of the DW ones. However they are all individual comics which are packed away and it's really hard and time consuming to find a specific issue if I want to read it. In that regard this set will be good to grab for me.I think another plus is that these are hardcovers and should last a lot longer (especially if they get read) then the single comics and paperbacks.
I checked ebay prices on some random issues and if you sold your old stuff you could probably cover the costs of this collection, though personally I think it's nice to have some to read and some to keep (which is what I'm doing for my US G1 comics collection).
They come in boxes? :confused:In this case the "B" could mean "baggies", though it's more shrink wrap then anything :p
As for my answer to the question of "would I keep them sealed", maybe for a time at least until I have a lot or all of them in order, but I'll probably open most eventually.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd August 2017, 12:56 PM
In this case the "B" could mean "baggies", though it's more shrink wrap then anything :p

Ah, that makes sense :)

Sunsurge
23rd August 2017, 04:34 PM
They come in boxes? :confused:

You know what I mean ;) Keep them sealed up/unopened.

Paulbot
23rd August 2017, 06:20 PM
I assume it you subscribe they won't come sealed (except in Postpak envelopes!). If you just buy in store your collection will probably end around issue 10 at the latest... don't tend to see many of these partworks on the shelf on an ongoing basis.

UltraMarginal
23rd August 2017, 06:47 PM
The newsagent at Macquarie shops here stocks heaps of this stuff and will order individual issues in. I've been cherry picking the Starships collection for months.

I'm still torn as to getting this or not. I love the idea of a nice hardback collection but the cost of literally buying a second copy of everything I have just to fill in a few gaps not covered by the IDW classics. is really hard to justify.

It's like buying someone's complete G1 collection so I can have the mail away exclusives.

DarkHyren
23rd August 2017, 10:56 PM
I assume it you subscribe they won't come sealed (except in Postpak envelopes!). If you just buy in store your collection will probably end around issue 10 at the latest... don't tend to see many of these partworks on the shelf on an ongoing basis.From previous experience with this company (I used to get the Marvel hardcover collection via mail subscription) they send you the same books they would send the newsagents, which are all shrink wrapped. This didnt change even when local newsagents stopped selling them, so I think they just shrink wrap every issue of every hardcover partwork.
So if that sort of thing matters to anyone there you go, subscribers will get "MISB" copies of each issue.

Now for a question. When I first saw posts online about people finding this here in Australia they posted pictures like this:
http://i.imgur.com/jnXHRrel.png

However the one's I found today all looked like this:
http://i.imgur.com/HtgbXhgl.jpg

At first I was worried that there was no poster but I opened it up anyway and found this:
http://i.imgur.com/yNqoqADl.jpg

The thing is you can see that my poster/booklet is marginally smaller then the ones that came with other copies people found. So my question is, did anyone get the version with the (seemingly) larger fold out poster/booklet and what measurements does it have?
To inform others the (seemingly) smaller fold out poster/booklet is 68cm wide and 47cm tall (approx) when fully unfolded, and was folded 3 times (so in half, half again, and half again).

valkyrie_76
24th August 2017, 09:37 PM
Do you get charged for postage for these items? I am tempted of doing the order but want to know if thats extra.

DarkHyren
24th August 2017, 09:45 PM
Do you get charged for postage for these items? I am tempted of doing the order but want to know if thats extra.I dont think so, when I was getting the marvel version of this it was the same price delivered as it cost in the newsagents and I dont see anything to indicate that they have added a delivery cost for this Transformers one, so I think it's still included.
Obviously someone that has secured their subscription can tell us for certain.

Bumblebee2000
25th August 2017, 03:58 PM
I dont think so, when I was getting the marvel version of this it was the same price delivered as it cost in the newsagents and I dont see anything to indicate that they have added a delivery cost for this Transformers one, so I think it's still included.
Obviously someone that has secured their subscription can tell us for certain.

Subscribed yesterday. No postage, which I believe the website says somewhere, will edit this if I find it.
EDIT: http://www.transformerscollection.com/subscription-gifts/ At the top

Seraphim Prime
25th August 2017, 06:12 PM
I'm still torn as to getting this or not. I love the idea of a nice hardback collection but the cost of literally buying a second copy of everything I have just to fill in a few gaps not covered by the IDW classics. is really hard to justify.

It's like buying someone's complete G1 collection so I can have the mail away exclusives.

This is what I'm thinking too.

I've got the first lot of G1 classic reprints that IDW did, and have been working through the Classic UK reprints (patiently waiting for the ever-deferred Vol 6!), have been picking up all of the IDW TPB since Infiltration.

The only thing I'm really missing in DW G1, but don't want to have to spend $1,500 just for those.

I might pick up the first issue and make my mind up based on the quality of the binding.

griffin
25th August 2017, 06:43 PM
At least the first issue is a really good story to have in a complete volume, even if you already have the individual issues... and only $8 to risk, to see what it is like.

Paulbot
26th August 2017, 02:07 PM
I caved, bought issue 1. Will probably subscribe once I get home and can open it.

The publisher sells volumes individually on their website in the UK, but not here, and they don't post internationally. I looked into a mail forwarder from the UK but postage rates from UK to AUS are high too, plus the forwarding company's fees, so even trying to just get the volumes I really want that way wasn't going to be that much cheaper and was going to be a hassle.

Sunsurge
26th August 2017, 03:41 PM
The thing is you can see that my poster/booklet is marginally smaller then the ones that came with other copies people found. So my question is, did anyone get the version with the (seemingly) larger fold out poster/booklet and what measurements does it have?
To inform others the (seemingly) smaller fold out poster/booklet is 68cm wide and 47cm tall (approx) when fully unfolded, and was folded 3 times (so in half, half again, and half again).

Yeah I've bought 2 copies from 2 different newsagents where the poster is larger than the book. I'm sorry I can't give unfolded dimensions because I haven't opened them yet, but the folded dimensions are 28.5cm x 22cm.

I caved, bought issue 1. Will probably subscribe once I get home and can open it.

The publisher sells volumes individually on their website in the UK, but not here, and they don't post internationally. I looked into a mail forwarder from the UK but postage rates from UK to AUS are high too, plus the forwarding company's fees, so even trying to just get the volumes I really want that way wasn't going to be that much cheaper and was going to be a hassle.

Fairly sure those with a subscription can order individual copies from the Aus website. Do you know anyone with a subscription, or is there anyone on this forum with a subscription who might place an order for you?

Paulbot
26th August 2017, 07:49 PM
Yeah I've bought 2 copies from 2 different newsagents where the poster is larger than the book. I'm sorry I can't give unfolded dimensions because I haven't opened them yet, but the folded dimensions are 28.5cm x 22cm.

Mine's the same, 57cm x 88cm unfolded. Was pleasantly surprised to find the poster was a Japanese G1 poster

Fairly sure those with a subscription can order individual copies from the Aus website. Do you know anyone with a subscription, or is there anyone on this forum with a subscription who might place an order for you?

The website does say if you start a subscription late, you can order the back issues - but the way it reads doesn't answer if you can only order all the back issues or if you can pick and choose. And I wonder about old issues selling out if you don't order them in a relatively quick time frame. The UK site actually lets you go issue by issue and throw them in a cart which the AUS site doesn't.

Overall, I'm happy with the volume. The reproduction quaility is on par with recent IDW reprints, and I'd say slightly better than IDW's Classic UK books. Unlike the IDW reprints the Marvel elements are present (Spider-Man, the Marvel anniversary border) and the original colours are used (Purple Soundwave). With the UK issues there is something a little off that I can't quite put my finger on and I'm going to do some closer comparisons when I can. I do want to see how some of the more recent reprints look in this series.

DarkHyren
26th August 2017, 11:55 PM
Yeah I've bought 2 copies from 2 different newsagents where the poster is larger than the book. I'm sorry I can't give unfolded dimensions because I haven't opened them yet, but the folded dimensions are 28.5cm x 22cm
Mine's the same, 57cm x 88cm unfolded. Was pleasantly surprised to find the poster was a Japanese G1 posterCheers lads. Actually it didnt even cross my mind that the posters might be different looking as well, below is what the smaller one looks like (minus the logo in the bottom right) is the larger one the same?

http://i.imgur.com/ngbQdNg.jpg

Since PB you said it's Japanese G1 that makes me think it would have like StarSabre or something on it, I mean I know that the image I've linked is also technically Japanese but you know what I mean lol

Paulbot
26th August 2017, 11:59 PM
My poster's the same one as you've posted (which has a Japanese origin sorry for the ambiguity!).

DarkHyren
27th August 2017, 01:28 AM
My poster's the same one as you've posted (which has a Japanese origin sorry for the ambiguity!).haha all good, as I said I knew that this poster is technically also Japanese, just wanted to make 100% :o
Also you say this set will have everything including the marvel issues with spidey (which I know have been cut out of some reprints) and is as good as or better then the IDW prints?
Yeah I think I'll be subscribing then.
Oh and since issue 2 has Spotlight: Shockwave and some other IDW comics let us know how those compare to the originals if you can, if the whole series from old to new is up to scratch then I have even less worries choosing this as the printing to collect

Paulbot
27th August 2017, 11:51 AM
Just receiving the Target 2006 volume: This volume didn't censor Marvel appearances the way the black-covered IDW Classics Vol 2 did, so that's a good sign. The US stuff in this comes across better than in the IDW book. Whiter paper I think or slightly less dark printing makes the skin tones (for example) better. Like the IDW issues the work to make the colours solid robs some of the finer detail (compared to the originals and Titan reprints).

Comparing the UK issues in it to IDW Classics UK, the new book is superior. The IDW book is washed out and the pages reduced in size. The new version is much brighter and despite some minor loss as the top or bottom of some pages (where the original UK issues went right tot when edge). Quality or reproduction is on par with the Titan books.

I need to take some pics though to showcase the above thoughts.

Paulbot
27th August 2017, 06:55 PM
Some pics to show the differences. In each the first image is the original Titan reprint, the second is the latest IDW reprint, and the last is the Hachette version.

(Some of the distorions are just from the way the pages fell as I was taking the photos.)

As noted above, the Hachette version is closer to the original reprints (including no "corrections" but working from the same files that IDW used) and brighter/more vibrant than the IDW books.

Click on any for larger view.

http://i.imgur.com/iHCYJ7rl.jpg (http://imgur.com/iHCYJ7r)

http://i.imgur.com/zs8H0O3l.jpg (http://imgur.com/zs8H0O3)

http://i.imgur.com/ks1sserl.jpg (http://imgur.com/ks1sser)

http://i.imgur.com/eZdwCbvl.jpg (http://imgur.com/eZdwCbv)

UK issues

http://i.imgur.com/FaBNlPsl.jpg (http://imgur.com/FaBNlPs)

http://i.imgur.com/WcAiC2nl.jpg (http://imgur.com/WcAiC2n)

griffin
27th August 2017, 07:26 PM
I picked up one yesterday, and here are some photos of the inserts and poster...
(worth the $8... but I won't be subscribing, even though I love the idea of free gifts and that the $20 covers postage, so the books are really just costing about $16 -
cheaper than current TPBs that are half the size)

Good news for those in New Zealand though - one of the four contact addresses is in New Zealand (along with UK, Australia and South Africa), so these look to be intended for release in NZ and SA.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/082403.jpg
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/082404.jpg
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/082405.jpg
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/082406.jpg

For those like me who will only be wanting select issues, look for a big/high-traffic newsagent, who usually gets in all of the issues of these
part-release series. I found one that says they often get most or all issues... so hopefully that means they will get them long enough for me to get the UK recoloured issues.
(or hopefully the local distributor will be selling copies online like the UK source)

STL
27th August 2017, 08:54 PM
You're a legend, Paulbot, but damn you're tipping me over the edge!

griffin
27th August 2017, 10:51 PM
You're a legend, Paulbot, but damn you're tipping me over the edge!

I'm really starting to think about it too now.
Putting aside the total cost, it's really only $20 every 2 weeks for a hard-cover book of about 200 pages.
With bonus material in the back, and maybe $3-4 postage included in the $20 every 2 weeks... that's definitely cheaper than the Soft Cover TPBs that are smaller and more expensive. Plus there are a few freebie items at the start (and it would be great if they had a few extra freebie items later on in the subscription period).
I could then sell off the various IDW TPBs (I never bought Marvel TPBs, so I don't mind having a second set that I can read, and leave the original issues protected and untouched)... and even if I only get $10-15 for the IDW TPBs, that would make these ones practically free.

There are 18 volumes so far released in the UK (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_The_Definitive_G1_Collection) (and Paulbot did up an estimation (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=558610&postcount=6) of other issues a couple months ago), and it's not like they have done up a "big" first volume, to then have regular volumes be half the size... the other volumes so far released also look to be about 200 pages as well. They must be printing a lot of these to get the cost down so cheaply to sell it for just $20 (including postage and freebies).
And since these look to be released in Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, hopefully that means they will have enough subscriptions to make sure this goes all the way to the end, and not axe it early (especially since these are being done in random order - if they were going from 1 to 80, an early end wouldn't leave us with half stories all over the place).

Paulbot
28th August 2017, 01:48 PM
I'll try to take some more comparision pics, I realised for example I didn't capture how some of the art that goes to the page edge in the original issues is cut off.

I'm really starting to think about it too now.
Putting aside the total cost, it's really only $20 every 2 weeks for a hard-cover book of about 200 pages.
With bonus material in the back, and maybe $3-4 postage included in the $20 every 2 weeks... that's definitely cheaper than the Soft Cover TPBs that are smaller and more expensive. Plus there are a few freebie items at the start (and it would be great if they had a few extra freebie items later on in the subscription period).
I could then sell off the various IDW TPBs (I never bought Marvel TPBs, so I don't mind having a second set that I can read, and leave the original issues protected and untouched)... and even if I only get $10-15 for the IDW TPBs, that would make these ones practically free.

My thinking has been similar. I've not subscribed yet but it's pretty much certain I will.

One thing to note though from reading the subscription paper work, for mail subscribers you get sent two volumes a month for $20 each, rather than getting them each fortnight.

There are 18 volumes so far released in the UK (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_The_Definitive_G1_Collection) (and Paulbot did up an estimation (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=558610&postcount=6) of other issues a couple months ago), and it's not like they have done up a "big" first volume, to then have regular volumes be half the size... the other volumes so far released also look to be about 200 pages as well.

I've been working on an update to that post too that should be up in the next day or so.

griffin
28th August 2017, 04:46 PM
If anyone is thinking of subscribing, consider doing it online (compared to calling in, mailing or emailing), as you get the free mug with your second delivery if you order online.
(it does note that the free gifts are "while stocks last" and may differ from the ones shown, but I would imagine that they would have received enough in Australia to cover a fair few early subscribers - they might not actually run out, but it covers them in case they get more subscribers than expected)

The direct link to the Transformers Comic page on the Australian distributor's site is here (https://www.bissettmags.com.au/title?Internal=850) (the UK website just redirects you to it anyway). Click on "Subscribe" and it will take you to their cart/checkout screen, for you to fill out your details.

I think it will be interesting to see if we end up with the bad issues that needed to be reprinted and sent out to people in the UK, or if the reprints will be done in time for their later release here.

UltraMarginal
28th August 2017, 04:48 PM
One thing to note though from reading the subscription paper work, for mail subscribers you get sent two volumes a month for $20 each, rather than getting them each fortnight.

Which is worth noting, as if you're interested in just subscribing until you get all the 'free' gifts, you're not actually receiving them with each issue but with each delivery, so it'll cost $200 (10 issues) before you receive all 5 promotional gifts.

griffin
28th August 2017, 05:03 PM
Ah yes... as I recall from the UK subscribers talking about it on TFW - it will be a monthly delivery (or every 4 weeks), of two issues with each delivery.

It saves them on postage, but I think it would still be a good deal, to get two HC TPBs delivered for $40 (which has as much content as about 3 SC TPBs), compared to individual SC TPBs costing $30-40.
For me, if I subscribe, the first half will be really worth it, but then the IDW half will only be worth it after I sell off my SC TPBs.

I can probably understand why they are doing this in a random order (to prevent a heap of people cancelling their subscription halfway who might just want the original series), but it means that people who are new, or never had any of the comics, can't sit down and read each volume as they come out... they will have to wait 3 years until the volumes are all released.
(I hope they chase you up when your credit card is about to expire, as most people will have a new credit card issued in the next 3 years.)

Ravagecat
28th August 2017, 05:04 PM
It's definitely a great Offer but like most I think I'd be doubling up on a lot of the content so will probably give it a miss.
One thing that worries me though if I was to subscribe is how the books will fair during transit. As a previous subscriber to the Marvel Chess Set with the same distributor (Bisset), The Chess pieces where always shipped in just a satchel bag with no bubble wrap and only the box the piece was packed in to protect it. Fortunately for me none ever arrived broken, but there were a few that the boxes were squashed and the booklets bent etc.
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but it's something to consider. These books being big and heavy are likely to possibly ding and tear if they're shipped the same way.
If what I mentioned does become an issue, the good news is you can opt out of the subscription at anytime with 28 days notice

DarkHyren
28th August 2017, 11:59 PM
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but it's something to consider. These books being big and heavy are likely to possibly ding and tear if they're shipped the same wayThey will be shipped the same way if the Marvel graphic novel is anything to go by, those were also posted just in plastic bags.
I will say this though, I did get one of those Marvel books in a pretty beat up condition and they sent me a replacement free of charge.
This was a few years back but if they are still mailing them out the same one would hope they still have a policy to replace badly damaged items.
I do think there should be an option to pay like $1-2 for them to slip the books into a cardboard sleeve for extra protection (if they wouldnt do it free) though.

griffin
29th August 2017, 06:19 AM
I do think there should be an option to pay like $1-2 for them to slip the books into a cardboard sleeve for extra protection (if they wouldnt do it free) though.

On the bissettmags website, they have some of their subscriptions listed as premium, for a couple dollars more for each issue - maybe that's what it is... posting in a box instead of a cheaper bag.
(it didn't look like the Transformers subscription had that option though)

DarkHyren
29th August 2017, 01:42 PM
It's hard to tell with them, their website isnt the most user friendly and doesnt go to much effort to explain what all the options are on some subscriptions.
I also noticed that the website says current issue is 0 for transformers so maybe there will be other options soon, though I think premium vs non premium is basically for subscriptions where the magazine can come with extras, like the ones where you get a magazine and a little car or something to build something with.
I notice that most of the ones that say Premium seem to be those types so I'm saying that's what it probably is.

Ravagecat
29th August 2017, 02:25 PM
I think premium vs non premium is basically for subscriptions where the magazine can come with extras, like the ones where you get a magazine and a little car or something to build something with.
I notice that most of the ones that say Premium seem to be those types so I'm saying that's what it probably is.

I think you're on the right track there with the Premium subscription option that some have. When I was getting the marvel chess sets they gave me the option to pay $2 extra per issue and I received 8 bonus pieces from the fantastic 4 lineup.

philby
29th August 2017, 02:54 PM
For someone who has never read either US or UK old marvel comics, how do they hold up today and is this volume a good start?

griffin
29th August 2017, 06:01 PM
For someone who has never read either US or UK old marvel comics, how do they hold up today and is this volume a good start?

This volume (with the UK story Target 2006) is a great start... even if you don't buy any more (but some newsagents will still keep getting them in if you wanted to pick and choose stand alone stories).

Target 2006 (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Target:_2006) is probably the most well known, and arguably the best Transformers comic story from the 1980s (at least to this fan :p ). And for a many of us old timers, it was the first UK exclusive story that was fully released here in Australia, because the UK comic only started being imported and sold at newsagents from a couple of issues before Target 2006 started.
Since it ties into the Transformers Movie, which was out in cinemas shortly after this story ended (the delay here probably meant that this comic story was being released while the Movie was in cinemas here), it was very well thought out by the writer Simon Furman (there are still some continuity errors), because he had to make sure he didn't do anything that contradicted the US comic... and if he did, he had to make sure it was "fixed" before that US story was released in the UK.
And since the future universe (post-movie) was not going to be dealt with in the US comic, Furman was able to use this Target 2006 story to set up his ongoing future universe, for years to come. (then later when Furman took over the US comic, he was able to shoehorn/reference a little of his UK future universe into the US comic universe)

Paulbot
29th August 2017, 06:24 PM
Additionally, the US issues in this book are a good sampler for their tone. They are three stories that are "buy these new toys" issues and they are good examples of the "human reaction to TFs" angle that a lot of the stories have.

The US issues also give a fair indication of the art you'll expect from the majority of the US run. The UK issues aren't reflective of the overall look - the more 'painted' style of colouring disappears soon after this story - but they do give an idea of how that series, with 11 page chapters in pacing compared to the 22 pages of the US books.

Compared to today's comics. Well MTMTE/Lost Light owes a lot to the UK comics and is an exception, but the focus is not on big splashy art that other modern comics books have. And the stories are dense, a lot happens in each issue compared to the average comic book these days.

griffin
29th August 2017, 06:46 PM
Looks like we are getting the error printings, which isn't surprising since the ones in the Newsagents are the display copies from the UK (with AU stickers over the UK price).
That first issue (Volume 6) has a slightly bigger black box at the top of the spine... which is really insignificant, but obviously bothered enough people to have Hachette reprint the entire book again, and send it out free with a later delivery (so that the combined image from the spines wouldn't have one with the black top be out of alignment).
I don't know if this means they will send out the corrected volume to subscribers here as well, or if the later reprinted/resent issue will also affect us (or have the corrected volume sent out to subscribers here first because we are several months behind).

Also... for anyone hoping to chase these up later online, like on ebay, and are wanting the combined image on the spines, be aware that there are 4 or 5 volumes that were released last year in the UK as a trial to see how they would be received, and the spine images are different to this year's subscription versions... possibly because Hachette added more volumes to the series (maybe the trial run was more popular than they expected), and the spine image was stretched.
As such, if you are hunting down various issues to complete your set, make sure you verify the version of the volumes that have been released twice.

(this is a review of the first few volumes (http://www.danlevan.com/2017/01/29/transformers-definitive-g1-collection/), if anyone is interested)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/082407.jpg

griffin
29th August 2017, 07:17 PM
Additionally, the US issues in this book are a good sampler for their tone. They are three stories that are "buy these new toys" issues and they are good examples of the "human reaction to TFs" angle that a lot of the stories have.

I meant to comment on those as well, but I got a bit side-tracked by the UK story. :o

Those three issues are still a good read (I flicked through them with this volume), but I'm actually not a big fan of this Circuit Breaker story-arc, because she only ever captured Autobots, which wasn't fair on them when it was a Decepticon who set off her hatred of Cybertronians... and it seemed really unlikely that she managed to capture 13 Transformers and none were Decepticons.
So we never got the satisfaction of seeing her capturing a Cybertronian that deserved it, and it wasn't until another 2 years that she finally took on a Decepticon herself (the "destruction" of the Battlechargers in issue 23 was not actually by her, so it wasn't until issue 45, and then another two years in issue 68, when she started taking on Decepticons).

philby
30th August 2017, 11:41 PM
Ok cheers, it sounds like at least this volume is half decent and pretty cheap, I might grab it if I see it :)

Sunsurge
31st August 2017, 05:05 PM
So I opened up Volume 6 the other day and had a read. Now this is the first time I have ever read a Transformer comic, whether it be US or UK, and IMO it wasn't that exciting.

But then I unfolded the poster and Wow! it was much bigger than I expected. Also love seeing that G1 style, it reminds me of looking at the back of a Transformers box when I was a kid.

Are the poster's going to keep coming with each Issue? I'd keep collecting just for the poster alone.

I did notice on the backside with the character bios that Hot Rod's name was
misspelled as "Hod Rod". Boo! let's all demand a replacement ha ha ha.

UltraMarginal
31st August 2017, 05:55 PM
I did notice on the backside with the character bios that Hot Rod's name was
misspelled as "Hod Rod". Boo! let's all demand a replacement ha ha ha.

you didn't notice that Jazz's picture is of Prowl ;-)

Sunsurge
31st August 2017, 09:21 PM
you didn't notice that Jazz's picture is of Prowl ;-)

:eek:

DarkHyren
31st August 2017, 09:25 PM
Are the poster's going to keep coming with each Issue? I'd keep collecting just for the poster alonePoster is issue 1 only. If you like the sytle of that poster you can find it and other ones in the series online (for example the one with the book can be found here) (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/wallpapers/Transformers-Generation-1-Wallpapers/Generation-1-Battle-Scene/) and take them to say officeworks and have them printed for a few bucks.
I mean there could be posters at a later date, but as far as I know no, there are no more posters coming.

bowspearer
1st September 2017, 12:35 AM
so it wasn't until issue 45, and then another two years in issue 68, when she started taking on Decepticons).

At the same time, what she did to Unicron in Issue 75 did massively make up for alot of that.

Sunsurge
1st September 2017, 06:28 PM
Poster is issue 1 only. If you like the sytle of that poster you can find it and other ones in the series online (for example the one with the book can be found here) (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/wallpapers/Transformers-Generation-1-Wallpapers/Generation-1-Battle-Scene/) and take them to say officeworks and have them printed for a few bucks.
I mean there could be posters at a later date, but as far as I know no, there are no more posters coming.

That is an awesome idea. I found a few more G1 battle posters on that link you posted too. Cheers!

Jazzman
1st September 2017, 07:20 PM
So guys has anyone received anything yet from their online subscription order?

Bumblebee2000
1st September 2017, 08:59 PM
Not yet.

Subsribed from 2 so might be different for the 1 club.

DarkHyren
1st September 2017, 10:37 PM
From what others have said about recent years Bissett magazines send two issues at a time, so if you ordered from issue 1 you'll get your first delivery when issue 2 is out (so that you get issues 1 & 2 together) if you ordered from issue 2 you'll get your first delivery when issue 3 is out (so that you get issues 2 & 3) and so on and so forth

Jazzman
1st September 2017, 10:52 PM
Yeah, just checked my despatch history and there's nothing listed as outgoing. I ordered back on the 21st of August - just thought I'd have seen something by now. I'll keep waiting... :)

Jazzman
6th September 2017, 02:25 PM
This is for online subscribers - had a response back from my email:
"We do ask that you allow at least 21 days for your first delivery to arrive, due to processing and packing time. Issues 1 – 3 are scheduled to be dispatched on the 8th September.
Each issue costs $19.99 inc GST (except for Part 1, which is $7.99 inc GST and Part 2, which is $12.99 inc GST). Dispatches are run approximately every 28 days. Charges processed 5 – 10 days after a dispatch."
Woohoo! :D

Paulbot
6th September 2017, 03:41 PM
I ordered online and am pretty sure I selected credit card payment, but today got a letter from them for direct debit details. I did find their online ordering system pretty bad, no detailed "confirmation" screen, no automatically account created and no option to create an account during the transaction. Have to check what they emailed me compared to the paper letter.

griffin
6th September 2017, 09:01 PM
I ordered online and am pretty sure I selected credit card payment, but today got a letter from them for direct debit details. I did find their online ordering system pretty bad, no detailed "confirmation" screen, no automatically account created and no option to create an account during the transaction. Have to check what they emailed me compared to the paper letter.

That doesn't sound good.
I asked a heap of questions about the series, and doing multiple subscriptions (for Americans who are interested), and they gave a cut and paste of what looked like FAQ answers from a website somewhere... including the bit that Jazzman posted above.
In other words, they couldn't answer my questions, and it sounds like their online subscription system in Australia is severely flawed, considering this is a company that looks like it has been doing subscriptions for a while.

Paulbot
6th September 2017, 10:04 PM
Well I checked the email they sent me after I subscribed and all it said was

You will receive further information about your collection with your first despatch.

No details of my payment method (or that I was starting with issue 2) but at least the letter I got gave me my customer code so I can create an account on their website now.

Edit: Their website needs a usability review. The sign up/membership forms are awful. And I've signed in, linking my subscription, and it tells me I have no subscription. Going to have to give them a call tomorrow.

Jazzman
6th September 2017, 10:43 PM
That doesn't sound good.
I asked a heap of questions about the series, and doing multiple subscriptions (for Americans who are interested), and they gave a cut and paste of what looked like FAQ answers from a website somewhere... including the bit that Jazzman posted above.
In other words, they couldn't answer my questions, and it sounds like their online subscription system in Australia is severely flawed, considering this is a company that looks like it has been doing subscriptions for a while.

Eek :eek: that's a worry... Well, let's give them the benefit of the doubt. In 2 days we'll see if the Despatch Info has changed for a start.

Jazzman
6th September 2017, 10:49 PM
Well I checked the email they sent me after I subscribed and all it said was

No details of my payment method (or that I was starting with issue 2) but at least the letter I got gave me my customer code so I can create an account on their website now.

Edit: Their website needs a usability review. The sign up/membership forms are awful. And I've signed in, linking my subscription, and it tells me I have no subscription. Going to have to give them a call tomorrow.

Never had any problems with the subscription itself, Paulbot - other than the website being hard to navigate. But an account was created on signup, and "active" status was displayed for my subscription.

Paulbot
7th September 2017, 08:57 AM
Never had any problems with the subscription itself, Paulbot - other than the website being hard to navigate. But an account was created on signup, and "active" status was displayed for my subscription.

That neither of those happened for me meant something went wrong. But they still sent me an email and a letter so I'm in their system somewhere.

DarkHyren
7th September 2017, 09:46 PM
Issue two is out in newsagents now ($12.99) for anyone that hasnt subscribed yet.
For those interested issue 02 is volume 36 and contains Spotlight: Shockwave, Spotlight: Soundwave, Stormbringer 1-4, Spotlight: Nightbeat, Spotlight: Hot Rod.
Going to have another quality comparison PB? The last one was very informative :)

Sunsurge
7th September 2017, 11:27 PM
Yeah I picked up Issue 2 today. Read the Spotlight:Shockwave. Shockwave took down all 5 dinobots by himself! Since when did the Dinobots become so weak? I can understand Devastator being a tough ask but Shockwave?

I spoke to my local newsagent and as a general rule they get the first 3 issues of a series as standard. in. Beyond that, they are happy to keep ordering in if you ask them to. Pay as each issue arrives, they will hold each issue for up to 1 month and you can cancel any time.

I think I'll do that rather than subscribe - website sounds a bit dodgy.

Burn
8th September 2017, 08:52 AM
That neither of those happened for me meant something went wrong. But they still sent me an email and a letter so I'm in their system somewhere.
I got the e-mail, but no letter, nor anything about signing up for an account on their website.
Can't link a subscription either because I don't have a number.

Paulbot
8th September 2017, 07:07 PM
I got the e-mail, but no letter, nor anything about signing up for an account on their website.
Can't link a subscription either because I don't have a number.

That's where I was until I got the letter. I didn't get a chance to call them up so might email them about my subscription and follow up with a call on Monday.

Issue two is out in newsagents now ($12.99) for anyone that hasnt subscribed yet.
For those interested issue 02 is volume 36 and contains Spotlight: Shockwave, Spotlight: Soundwave, Stormbringer 1-4, Spotlight: Nightbeat, Spotlight: Hot Rod.
Going to have another quality comparison PB? The last one was very informative :)

Sure, when I figure out how I get my copy. I have those issues as original comics and in two different IDW reprints. I'd expect as they are working off native digital files there won't be much difference but we'll see.

Yeah I picked up Issue 2 today. Read the Spotlight:Shockwave. Shockwave took down all 5 dinobots by himself! Since when did the Dinobots become so weak? I can understand Devastator being a tough ask but Shockwave?

Shockwave is one of the extraordinary powerful bots in the IDW verse. And that issue is also a homage to the original Marvel comics in which basically the same set of events happened. But there's also an easy out, the energon fields weakened the Dinobots ;)

Jazzman
9th September 2017, 05:42 PM
Got a follow up email with the following info - nothing new:
"Issues 1 – 3 are scheduled to be dispatched on the 8th September. Free gifts are dispatched as follows.
Dispatch 1 - 2 Transformers Keyrings (Autobots & Decepticons Symbols)

Dispatch 1 - Transformers Wallet

Dispatch 2 - Tin Plate cover (Issue #50 from Nov 1988)

Dispatch 4 - Transformers Bookends (Autobots and Decepticons Symbols)

Plus for customers who subscribe online:

Dispatch 2 - Transformers Mug"

GoktimusPrime
10th September 2017, 03:11 PM
I've decided to selectively collect parts of this series just to fill in gaps in my G1 comic collection. Picked up issue 1 today because although I already have Target 2006, I'm conveniently missing the 3 US issues that it's reprinted. Unfortunately I find that the reprint quality in the Definitive Collection book isn't as nice as that of the Titan Books reprint from 2002. The TB reprints beautifully restored the original comics from 1986, giving us more vibrant colours and sharper images. The Definitive Collection reprints feel like a step down from that with relatively more faded colours and blurrier/grainier lines. The print quality isn't bad per se, but it's just not as good as its forerunners. It's a real shame though because the original UK comics were so beautifully illustrated and coloured. Unlike TF comics today they didn't rely on digital enhancement. So much of the lighting and visual effects in the artwork were entirely drawn and painted by hand. As a fan of the G1 comics it disappoints me to see that quality not being fully presented well due to a reduced print quality.

https://image.ibb.co/jMoxzF/comics_compar_target2006.jpg

Paulbot
10th September 2017, 03:23 PM
I concur that the Titan reprints are better, but they are more than a decade out of print and not easily available for people. These new reprints are far superior to IDW's Best of UK reprints and their Classic UK reprints. The Titan books were also a lot more expensive to buy when they were released than these reprints are.

GoktimusPrime
10th September 2017, 03:44 PM
That's definitely true on the price. I was undecided about getting issue 1 until I realised that it had those 3 US issues that I'm missing. Adjusting for inflation, those 3 US issues alone would be worth a bit over $6, so from my POV the Target: 2006 reprint cost is less than $2. :) The Titan Books were certainly dearer but definitely worth the price given the superior print quality.

P.S.: Although the price of these Definitive Collection books is set to go up. A newsagent told me that issue 3 is going to be $20 and apparently that's going to be the price for the rest of this series. So the relative dollar value will be less compared to the $7.99 that I paid for #1. :o

Lord_Zed
12th September 2017, 07:07 PM
But when are they actually going to collect Time Wars in a book?

Paulbot
12th September 2017, 08:17 PM
I rang today to enquire about my subscription (after several more issues logging in to their website). Apparently my credit card hadn't gone through which is why they sent me a direct debit request form. They now have my credit card so hopefully it's sorted.

I asked why I couldn't see my subscription in my account (despite having a number) and was told that was a known issue and I should just call for the time being if I have questions about where my subsription status is at.

But when are they actually going to collect Time Wars in a book?

Should be Volume 15, but who knows when that will come out. I suspect the one you want most will always be one of the later ones :o

BigTransformerTrev
18th September 2017, 08:40 PM
Got a follow up email with the following info - nothing new:
"Issues 1 – 3 are scheduled to be dispatched on the 8th September.

So has anyone gotten their first issue yet? I'm still a'waitin

verboten82
18th September 2017, 09:44 PM
So has anyone gotten their first issue yet? I'm still a'waitin

Just received issue 1,2,3 today . I explicitly said send from issue 2onwards, but they sent all 3. they billed me for issue 1 and 2 ($20)

Also got the keychains and the wallet

reillyd
18th September 2017, 10:43 PM
Just received my three. I wish they were released in chronological order but it's such a nostalgia trip to read Target 2006 today

griffin
19th September 2017, 05:33 AM
Just received issue 1,2,3 today . I explicitly said send from issue 2onwards, but they sent all 3. they billed me for issue 1 and 2 ($20)

I think they are set shipments of two issues (with the first being 3 issues), so maybe they can't start from a single issue?
(it would be nice to get proper answers from them, instead of a cut-and-paste of their FAQ to questions I didn't ask... :rolleyes: )

Is the spine different on Volume 6? Does it have a smaller black box at the top where the number is printed, that matches the size of the other two volumes? In the UK, they reprinted and resent out volume 6 because of that small little sizing difference on the spine.
It was done for free over in the UK (both in-store and to subscribers)... but I guess they were able to make a little money back on it here by bundling it with the first shipment and charging for it (even if you ask to start from the second issue).

BigTransformerTrev
19th September 2017, 10:03 AM

Also got the keychains and the wallet

Just received my three. I wish they were released in chronological order but it's such a nostalgia trip to read Target 2006 today

hmmmm, nothing here yet. Hopefully its just because I live fairly remotely and there is no problem with my order or anything.

Jazzman
19th September 2017, 11:27 AM
hmmmm, nothing here yet. Hopefully its just because I live fairly remotely and there is no problem with my order or anything.

Yeah mine's due today...

Bumblebee2000
20th September 2017, 09:29 PM
Received mine today and also got billed for an issue #1 I didn't ask for. The spine is different to the one I got from the newsagent.

Also, whoever was in charge of the wallet's design sure does have a thing for UK Magnus, not that I'm complaining.

Krayt
20th September 2017, 09:36 PM
How are people's corners?...

I'm away, but apparently mine are at home, posted in a flimsy bag with holes whee the book corners would have been rubbing stuff

Jazzman
20th September 2017, 10:29 PM

I'm away, but apparently mine are at home, posted in a flimsy bag with holes whee the book corners would have been rubbing stuff

My 3 issues with gifts arrived safely, but a few of the actual pages of issue 1 hadn't been cut properly in a corner, and were still attached together i.e couldn't be opened. Unbelievable :rolleyes:

DarkHyren
21st September 2017, 12:53 AM
My 3 issues with gifts arrived safely, but a few of the actual pages of issue 1 hadn't been cut properly in a corner, and were still attached together i.e couldn't be opened. Unbelievable :rolleyes:If you like you can call or email Bissett and explain to them what's happened and most likely you will get sent a replacement free of charge

I'm away, but apparently mine are at home, posted in a flimsy bag with holes whee the book corners would have been rubbing stuffYeah this is something I mentioned earlier, that I have a bit of a problem with the way Bissett mails things out to people. I understand the whole "but it's free shipping" argument but while it might be fine to mail cheap paper magazines in plastic bags it's not acceptable for a hardcover book that costs $20 per issue. It shold at least be sent in a tough or padded bag, not wrapped in plastic.

Was hoping it had changed since last time I used them a few years back but I guess it hasnt. I might try and just see if a local newsagent can get them in each fortnight instead, sure I'll miss the free gifts but the book will get to me in better condition

Jazzman
21st September 2017, 12:18 PM
If you like you can call or email Bissett and explain to them what's happened and most likely you will get sent a replacement free of charge
Nah, was just making a fuss... it's not a problem :cool:

reillyd
21st September 2017, 06:18 PM
Mine arrived okay, but the bag was pretty flimsy. I'd gladly pay a premium for a box or padded envelope. Maybe if enough people complain, they will change shipping method?

Jazzman
21st September 2017, 07:00 PM
Mine arrived okay, but the bag was pretty flimsy. I'd gladly pay a premium for a box or padded envelope. Maybe if enough people complain, they will change shipping method?

A group complaint may be a good idea?

griffin
26th September 2017, 06:03 AM
In the UK, it looks like there is one other set of bonus items - a set of six exclusive art prints, spread out over the run of the series, with this one of Jazz being set for release with the final two volumes (http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/09/25/transformers-definitive-collection-premium-print-6-andrew-griffith-349570) (in about 3 years time). It will be interesting to see if we get them here as well, as they note that these go out to "Premium Subscribers" in the UK, which we don't have here.

Jazzman
26th September 2017, 09:54 PM
In the UK, it looks like there is one other set of bonus items - a set of six exclusive art prints, spread out over the run of the series, with this one of Jazz being set for release with the final two volumes (http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/09/25/transformers-definitive-collection-premium-print-6-andrew-griffith-349570) (in about 3 years time). It will be interesting to see if we get them here as well, as they note that these go out to "Premium Subscribers" in the UK, which we don't have here.

Be nice if it showed up as an optional extra that you could purchase... :)

griffin
9th October 2017, 09:34 PM
28 days and still no books... despite their website (and recorded message on their phone) saying that your first shipment will be within 21 days.
It was definitely ordered, and confirmation email was received... I'm beginning to wonder if they can be trusted for 80 volumes if they can't even get the first one sent out (and I had better not miss out on the freebies too).

Paulbot
9th October 2017, 10:09 PM
I got a "tracking advice" email today saying my first shipment from them is due to arrive tomorrow.

I missed the "first" shipment because their website hadn't recorded my credit card details and I had to sort that out on the phone and have been patiently waiting since for something to be delivered.

Jazzman
9th October 2017, 10:21 PM
Hmmm... haven't had any probs with them (except for one of the issues having a few pages uncut). I just received my 2nd notice last night. First subscription was for 3 issues and a couple of freebies. This delivery is supposed to include the mugs...

BruiseLee
9th October 2017, 10:35 PM
I still haven't got my first shipment either. I did get a notice that a shipment is due tomorrow but not sure if this is issue 2 & 3 or 4 & 5 now. Guess I'll find out soon...

griffin
9th October 2017, 10:37 PM
When I called them up a week or two ago, they told me that even if you subscribe later, they will slowly catch you up with the volumes, by sending out up to 4 at once every two months, instead of just two volumes like those who subscribed in the first month (as such, it will mean paying more each time until you catch up). And if you have been buying them at the newsagent, you can designate which volume you want your subscription to start at (otherwise it starts at the first release by default).

Hopefully it means you still get all the freebies as promised, since they say that they come with the first, second and fourth delivery... no matter how late you sign up.
I guess they could always claim that they ran out, as I remember that they had the disclaimer of "while stocks last" written somewhere.

griffin
10th October 2017, 09:53 PM
Mine finally arrived today, so it must have been a shipping day for everyone... I just don't know why it was more than 21 days as claimed by
them to be the longest it takes for the first delivery.
It included three volumes (which other people received three weeks ago.... which was 10 days after I subscribed, so I don't know why I missed that
shipment), along with the bonus wallet and key rings.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/101001.jpg

It includes an info letter, and an itemised receipt/invoice... noting that one of the volumes was free, which should be the first one, as it is the
corrected reprint that the people in the UK got for free as well (it has the corrected spine - yes, they reprinted the entire volume at their expense
because of half of a centimetre of black box on the top of the spine).

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/101002.jpg

The info letter says what I posted yesterday about them sending extra volumes (and charging you for them), until you catch up... but that's after
this first shipment.
It notes that they will be sending out two volumes every four weeks, as some had noted back when they were first being found (I was never really
sure if it was't a monthly shipment, which would be easier to keep track of).
This should mean, in four weeks time, I should get 3 or 4 volumes, while people who subscribed before September, would just get 2 volumes next time (as I'm currently 2 volumes behind).

I still wish that they were sending the volumes out in order, in that each pair of volumes every four weeks would have one from the start and one
from mid-way, so that people still have to stay subscribed to get the entire run of Gen1 or IDW, but allows you to be able to sit down and read
them from the start without having to wait 3 years to do that. There are some stories contained within a single volume, but with both UK and US
blended together in order, it really needs to be read (for the first time) from start to finish.

I must say... I'm really happy about having the first of the recoloured UK volumes with Volume 16. The weird thing is that the first few UK Issues
drawn by Andrew Wildman, was really hard to get used to in colour, despite me preferring his art on the US issues. But I really liked the Dan
Reed issues after that... his art really needed the colour, and it is beautiful.
The thing I am most looking forward to is finally seeing some non-toy characters in colour for the first time, to see what they really look like
after all of this time.

Jazzman
10th October 2017, 10:00 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but as a newbie to the comics I'd like to know exactly how the UK and US issues work together? Seems there were "fill in" stories in between the main US stories? Or something along those lines... :confused:

reillyd
10th October 2017, 10:19 PM
Initially they (UK) were fill in, but they developed into their own continuity parts of which got reworked in into the US. They contained some AMAZING stories, painted artwork, and storylines the US never got. That's why even 30 odd years later they stand up so well. Furman didn't talk down to the audience (kids) and so they're remarkable stories even when reading as adults.

My shipment arrived today, along with the beautiful tin plate of TF#50.
They also included an apology letter, saying they will be resenting free of charge a copy of issue 1 (due to the printing error) and will be sent around issue 7.

My only complaint is that these are printed smaller than the UK comics which were magazine sized. Some of the artwork looks better at that resolution. But the bonus (and why I am buying) is they won't be yellowed with age, and some of the UK exclusive b&w issues will FINALLY be printed in colour.

Jazzman
10th October 2017, 10:31 PM
Firman din' din talk down to the audience (kids) and so they're remarkable stories even when reading as adults.

Yeah, I noticed the more adult-like content just from my first 3 issues. Really enjoyable. Was also great to see Skids get some love. I'm really only collecting for the original US and UK G1 stuff... it's like a whole new world *cue the Disney song* :D

Paulbot
10th October 2017, 10:32 PM
It includes an info letter, and an itemised receipt/invoice... noting that one of the volumes was free, which should be the first one,

No, Primal Scream was your free volume (as per the inserts with the first volume and the details on their website).

griffin
10th October 2017, 10:48 PM
No, Primal Scream was your free volume (as per the inserts with the first volume and the details on their website).

(goes off and looks at the insert mail-away)
You're right... the third issue is the one that is free.

I guess since this shipment included the corrected version of Volume 6, those of us who started this month, won't get sent out a second one for free (I suppose it meant those people who got Volume 6 posted to them last month, got the "error" version).

I still have a spare Volume 6 though, as I bought it at the Newsagent before I had decided to subscribe, and I didn't think to ask for my subscription to start at the second issue (which apparently you can note which you want to start from, in case you were buying them from newsagents for as long as they were ordering them in).

BruiseLee
10th October 2017, 10:50 PM
Mine came in today as well. First 3 released volumes and the freebies. Not sure why they shipped issue 1 again as I selected to receive from issue 2. Ah well, not too fussed so guess I'm paying $8 for 1/2 cm less of a black border.

GoktimusPrime
10th October 2017, 10:58 PM
Eh... can't justify getting volume 3 because I have all but one of the issues reprinted in it. The only one I don't have is UK#198 ("Cold Comfort and Joy!") and uh... it's not an issue that I'd be willing to pay a premium for because most of these Xmas stories were pretty lame and this doesn't seem to be much better. :/ I'd get it if it were reprinted individually, but yeah... nah.

Paulbot
11th October 2017, 09:51 PM
Mine came in today as well. First 3 released volumes and the freebies. Not sure why they shipped issue 1 again as I selected to receive from issue 2. Ah well, not too fussed so guess I'm paying $8 for 1/2 cm less of a black border.

Just opened my delivery and it's the same for me. I selected to receive from issue 2 as well on the website, but they charged me for issues 1 and 2 too (with issue 3 free).

Hmm, also some pages of issue 2 (Stormbringer) are joined together and will need me to take a razor to them.

Issue 3 is good. I notice some "IDW" corrections to the Marvel colouring (Soundwave is blue, Seawatch's boat mode looked "wrong", a coloured in Skullcruncher that previously block-coloured) but apart from the solid colours nothing too jarring as edits.

It is weird but cool to see Race With The Devil and Survivors. Weird though for them to then emulate the dot colouring for the UK issues they are colouring for the first time - it doesn't make them consistent with the US stories if you're not using their original colouring.

I'm curious what they'll do with black and white stories that Marvel UK did color in the original run and the collected comics (like The Big Shutdown for example).

Jazzman
12th October 2017, 12:03 PM
Ok, so my next 2 issues arrived, along with the tin cover plate, and the mug. How the mug didn't get destroyed in the satchel bag is beyond me. It comes in a small cardboard box and a little bit of bubblewrap... that's it. Well, for once I have to doff my cap to Auspost! :p

BigTransformerTrev
13th October 2017, 12:22 PM
Ok, so my next 2 issues arrived, along with the tin cover plate, and the mug. How the mug didn't get destroyed in the satchel bag is beyond me. It comes in a small cardboard box and a little bit of bubblewrap... that's it. Well, for once I have to doff my cap to Auspost! :p

Well my mug was destroyed, the handle was all smashed :(. I just emailed the company about it asking for a replacement.

Edit: They emailed back saying that they would provide a replacement mug and to give it up to 28 days to arrive.

Jazzman
14th October 2017, 01:39 AM
Well my mug was destroyed, the handle was all smashed :(. I just emailed the company about it asking for a replacement.

Edit: They emailed back saying that they would provide a replacement mug and to give it up to 28 days to arrive.

Yeah well it's crazy how they send these things out. Surely a cardboard box wouldn't cost that much extra to post the mugs and comics out in safely (and avoid replacements)...

Paulbot
15th October 2017, 09:55 AM
With a disclaimer that I have previously written a TF chronology and have a stronger interest in this than others...

On a second look at the Primal Scream volumne I realised that only three volumes into this series the reading order is already questionable. "Cold Comfort and Joy" (UK198) needs to come before "Time Wars" (UK199-205) partly because one of the characters in this story doesn't survive Time Wars!

Looking at some listings for upcoming volumes, they suggest they are putting "The Man in the Machine" (US51/UK211-212) in the same book as "Space Pirates" (UK180-187)... so when reading in order we'll see Fort Max quit after the devastating battles of Time Wars and the Underbase Saga before he's been in either!

Swap the two stories around (Man in the Machine in Primal Scream, Cold Comfort and Joy in Space Pirates (with the Firebug story) and all would be well.

DarkHyren
15th October 2017, 10:17 AM
On a second look at the Primal Scream volume I realised that only three volumes into this series the reading order is already questionableWell, that is offputting to say the least. I hadn't gotten around to subscribing and only have the first two from newsagents but seeing that makes me hesitant to put any more money into the thing.
If you're going to charge as much as this ends up being you should get it right, otherwise why should I buy these over say downloading scans off the net and reading them in the correct order

Paulbot
15th October 2017, 02:04 PM
... otherwise why should I buy these over say downloading scans off the net and reading them in the correct order

Well one of these options is the legal way to read these stories...

Apart from this odd swap, the other UK released/announced contents look okay

I'd be interested to see if the placement of #51 in the Space Pirates volumes turns out to be correct (it's on Wikipedia but not on the official site) or if it's sorted out before the book goes to print.

reillyd
19th October 2017, 09:45 PM
otherwise why should I buy these over say downloading scans off the net and reading them in the correct order

Well one reason is that the reading experience will be better because of the quality of the artwork, digital restoration, and newly coloured materials that was previously only b&w. It just sucks that the release order is a mixture of tf uk, I'd, dreamwave. But people would just subscribe for the uk then cancel with the full set

DarkHyren
20th October 2017, 01:08 PM
It was a rhetorical question guys, I didn't think that needed to be said :rolleyes:
My point was if I'm paying for a $20 steak I shouldnt be served a squashed $2 maccas cheeseburger.
Sure both put food in your stomach, but when you're paying for (what is supposed to be) quality you should be getting quality.
Yeah I'm a perfectionist at times, but when one is paying this sort of money why shouldn't one expect high quality with minimal mistakes (rhetorical).
Minimal meaning someone being the wrong shade of blue in some panels then the correct shade in others. Whole stories in the wrong place showing characters that are dead suddenly alive again is not what I'd call "minimal".

I wont get into legal debates here but suffice to say I dont care about the legality of reading a 20-30 year old comic online/downloading it.
Now if someone can tell me that they'll be reprinting the issues that have the wrong comics in them to put them in order then sure I might bite, but for me them being out of order like that in a way that I cant put them in the right order (other then in my head or while reading) is a bit of a deal breaker.

Paulbot
20th October 2017, 01:57 PM
Now if someone can tell me that they'll be reprinting the issues that have the wrong comics in them to put them in order then sure I might bite, but for me them being out of order like that in a way that I cant put them in the right order (other then in my head or while reading) is a bit of a deal breaker.

At this point based on what is actually in print, when complete 1 out of 80 volumes will have an 11 page story in a spot that, chronologically, is incorrect.

That volume has been in print long enough that if they were going to fix it (like they have for some volumes and pulled some in advance) they would have done so by now.

So far this is the only glaring problem with the volumes currently released in the UK, but if that's a deal breaker, than I'd suggest not spending over a grand on this series, and buying the IDW reprints instead.

Krayt
28th October 2017, 08:32 PM
So has the second delivery gone to all yet?

Jazzman
28th October 2017, 09:51 PM

Got mine a couple of weeks back, yes.

BruiseLee
28th October 2017, 10:35 PM

Still waiting for mine as well.

Paulbot
29th October 2017, 09:33 AM
I just got my second shipping notice this morning

Krayt
31st October 2017, 11:05 AM
So shipment 2 arrived yesterday... and already i see shipment 3 arriving for people on facebook :-(

griffin
31st October 2017, 11:11 AM
If you missed the cut off for the first scheduled shipment in September they are supposed to catch you up over the first few shipments by sending 3 or 4 volumes instead of 2... at least, that's what they said would happen. Maybe that will start to happen after the freebie shipments are done, so that it doesn't cost them as much postage.

reillyd
31st October 2017, 10:14 PM
My third shipment arrived, containing Volumes 6, 8, and 37

Paulbot
31st October 2017, 10:29 PM
If you missed the cut off for the first scheduled shipment in September they are supposed to catch you up over the first few shipments by sending 3 or 4 volumes instead of 2... at least, that's what they said would happen. Maybe that will start to happen after the freebie shipments are done, so that it doesn't cost them as much postage.

Yeah I think the wording said it would catch up but not that it was be right away

So the corrected spine Volume 6? (That some of us got in our first shipment). Is it different to the volume 6 you got in your first shipment?

I'd be interested to see if the placement of #51 in the Space Pirates volumes turns out to be correct (it's on Wikipedia but not on the official site) or if it's sorted out before the book goes to print.

It also appears UK issue 93 (also a Christmas issue like UK 198) is going to printed in the wrong place from a chronological point of view. Since the contents for volume 6 - 8 and 10 are known and its not in any of these it would have to appear in volume 5 (before the coneheads and Insecticons have come to Earth and be really out of place) or in volume 9 (and the flashbacks are just a bit longer ago than Jetfire explains).

reillyd
31st October 2017, 10:53 PM
Mine was corrected spine - gee I hope they aren't sending out bad stock to customers.

I really don't mind the odd issue out of sequence (I.e. UK 93) but you have me worried they may be leaving things out entirely. I only bought because it promised a complete UK run. The wiki (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_The_Definitive_G1_Collection) doesn't list anything before Uk 78 (e.g. 'In the national interest"). Do you think they can squeeze 77 issues in the first Five Volumes?

Paulbot
31st October 2017, 11:12 PM
Not sure what the deal with the corrected spine is but seems "later" subscribers got sent it in their first shipment.

I'm confident still that issue 93 will be there somewhere, just a question of where?

This was my original thoughts for the first five volumes but I'm working on an update to post soon

ol. 1: Power Play (Marvel US #1-4, 33-34, Marvel UK #13-17)
Vol. 2: The New Order (Marvel UK #18-21, Mavel US #5-8, Marvel UK #29-32)
Vol. 3: Crisis of Command (Marvel US #9-12, Marvel UK 41-44)
Vol. 4: Dinobot Hunt (Marvel UK #45-50, Marvel UK #13-16)
Vol. 5: Second Generation (Marvel UK 59-65, Marvel US#17-20, Marvel UK #74-77)

griffin
1st November 2017, 07:21 AM
I picked up mine from the post office yesterday, and it was the second shipment of "issue 4 and 5" (and mug & tin plate thingy), with a note to their UK and Ireland customers that the fixed spine of issue 1 (Volume 6 - yeah, this out of order number thing is not going to get confusing at all), will be sent out with issue 7 (which is the third shipment that some people are getting this week.
I think they could have sent out the corrected spine to us here, because of the delay from the UK, but maybe they had to sell/send the misprinted spine because the print run would have already had our allocation included, and maybe it was best to sell as many as possible at newsagents to get some money off them (and send out the rest to subscribers).

What is the tin plate thing for anyway? And were the corners bent on everyone else's, because it scratched up the edges, which is really noticeable with black being on silver.
I'm surprised the mug made it intact, as its box was squished.... and it was really dirty for some reason, with actual dirt on the base and dust inside.

BruiseLee
1st November 2017, 10:47 AM
That tin plate is wierd. Just something to slap up on the wall but I'm not a fan of the image. Funny that it's a straight scan from a comic book. You can see a staple in there :D

Got the mug in one piece too and given that the package was chucked over the wall and was sitting next to the rocks, i'm suprised that it didn't come in multiple pieces!

BigTransformerTrev
1st November 2017, 12:06 PM
Ok, I'm bloody confused :confused::confused::confused:

What exactly are we supposed to have?

Today I got a second copy of Issue 6, which has the exact same spine (Grimlocks face) as the previous one they sent me. Is that the wrong spine or do I have two of the right one?

And what does everyone else have? I have from my three deliveries so far:

Issues: 6 (x2), 8, 16, 18, 29, 36 & 37

Gifts: Wallet, Keyrings, Tin Plate, Cup (broken) & Cup (unbroken)

Does anyone else have any issues or gifts I don't? Only 3 deliveries in and I'm completely lost

griffin
1st November 2017, 01:26 PM
That's all correct.
Since you subscribed before the September shipment you are at your third this week, which gives you "issues" 6 & 7 plus the reprinted first issue (volume 6).
The reprinted issue has the same image on the spine, it's only difference is the size of the black bar at the top... as it wouldn't line up with the rest. See my photo in post #108.
It's such an insignificant thing that might have bugged a couple of people, but most wouldn't notice or care. It could be why no freebies come with the third shipment as it has the reprint as a bonus item that adds to the weight of the package.

BigTransformerTrev
1st November 2017, 01:37 PM
That's all correct.
Since you subscribed before the September shipment you are at your third this week, which gives you "issues" 6 & 7 plus the reprinted first issue (volume 6).
The reprinted issue has the same image on the spine, it's only difference is the size of the black bar at the top... as it wouldn't line up with the rest. See my photo in post #108.
It's such an insignificant thing that might have bugged a couple of people, but most wouldn't notice or care. It could be why no freebies come with the third shipment as it has the reprint as a bonus item that adds to the weight of the package.

Cheers for the clarification :)

I'd been a bit thrown by A: Getting a 2nd identical copy (though I now see the difference you noted) of #6, B: getting varying amounts of books in shipments and C: getting my replacement cup rather than a new gift :o

Seems like this company is making a few mistakes but at the same time is doing their best to rectify them. Maybe Funpub should take notes :p

griffin
25th November 2017, 03:14 PM
The next shipment should come out on Monday... which will be the fourth for those who subscribed early, and you should be getting the free bookends with it.

I'll be getting the my third delivery, so nothing free for me this month.

Paulbot
27th November 2017, 05:54 PM
The next shipment should come out on Monday... which will be the fourth for those who subscribed early, and you should be getting the free bookends with it.

I'll be getting the my third delivery, so nothing free for me this month.

Got my third shipment today (Issue 6 - Vol 37 and Issue 7 - Vol 8 (with Issue 1 / Vol 6) which was the same as others got earlier.

Now I like Target 2006. It's the first Transformers comic story I ever read, but now I have three versions of Volume 6 which is a bit much...!

reillyd
27th November 2017, 10:14 PM
Mine arrived today. One was I'd bleh, the other US/UK headmasters. Given the nostalgia of Titans Return, I am going to enjoy reading this one.

Oh and bookends!

BruiseLee
27th November 2017, 10:24 PM
Also got my third shipment today and yes that also brings me up to 3 x issue 6. So putting them together it's 666?!? Well, guess when it comes to TFs, I tend to give in to temptation...

Krayt
27th November 2017, 11:32 PM
It really annoys me how they have different issues going out to different people....

I was one of the first to sight it, buy it, and subscribed all on day one.... And somehow I'm in the late subscriber group?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BigTransformerTrev
28th November 2017, 09:14 PM
Mine arrived today. One was I'd bleh, the other US/UK headmasters. Given the nostalgia of Titans Return, I am going to enjoy reading this one.

Oh and bookends!

Yeah thats the shipment I got too.

It really annoys me how they have different issues going out to different people....

I was one of the first to sight it, buy it, and subscribed all on day one.... And somehow I'm in the late subscriber group?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Pretty sucky. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have even known it was available here

BruiseLee
23rd December 2017, 10:47 PM
So with weekend deliveries for the holidays I received today issues 8, 9, 10 and 11 with the bookends for my fourth shipment. Wasn't expecting this many but good holiday reading there.

griffin
27th December 2017, 07:08 AM
Check your mailboxes today, as the next shipment is due.

Krayt
27th December 2017, 09:28 AM
So with weekend deliveries for the holidays I received today issues 8, 9, 10 and 11 with the bookends for my fourth shipment. Wasn't expecting this many but good holiday reading there.

Yeah I got the 4 issues too....

I wonder why? Coz a double sized shipment means a double sized hit to the bank :(:mad:

If it's just to put us into line with the ones that were 2 ahead I can survive.... If it's to skip a month I'll be upset.... And if it's to finish it earlier and we are constantly doubled I don't know what to feel....

Jazzman
27th December 2017, 10:54 AM

I wonder why? Coz a double sized shipment means a double sized hit to the bank :(:mad:

If it's just to put us into line with the ones that were 2 ahead I can survive.... If it's to skip a month I'll be upset.... And if it's to finish it earlier and we are constantly doubled I don't know what to feel....

Surely it'll just be a catch up...

griffin
27th December 2017, 11:12 AM
If you were a shipment behind, that should be the catchup. We should see how many volumes the early people got, to see if this is what's happened.

Jazzman
27th December 2017, 11:20 AM
If you were a shipment behind, that should be the catchup. We should see how many volumes the early people got, to see if this is what's happened.

Auspost says my delivery is still in NSW... not sure I'll get it before the New Year :(

Paulbot
27th December 2017, 03:56 PM
I'm in the slower shipment and picked up four books today from the post office. Assume it's just the promised catchup.

Krayt
27th December 2017, 04:17 PM
I'm in the slower shipment and picked up four books today from the post office. Assume it's just the promised catchup.

There was a promised catchup?

Paulbot
27th December 2017, 05:29 PM
I can't find where I read it online, so maybe it was in the paperwork with the first issues, but there was definitely something about how multiples issues would be shipped in order to catch "new" suscribers up to the point where they are getting the latest issues each month.

griffin
27th December 2017, 06:37 PM
There was a promised catchup?

It was buried in this topic, but it was noted in post #107 (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=574635&postcount=107) that they told me that over the phone, and in post #108 it was included in the letter most people got with their first shipment.

The info letter says what I posted yesterday about them sending extra volumes (and charging you for them), until you catch up.

I was expecting it to start straight away, but it looks like they only start catching you up from the fourth shipment... after most of the freebies are sent.

griffin
28th December 2017, 07:26 AM
Auspost says my delivery is still in NSW... not sure I'll get it before the New Year :(

The larger packages of 4 volumes must be taking longer, as mine didn't show up yesterday either.

reillyd
28th December 2017, 05:25 PM
I got my next shipment today - Regeneration One

BigTransformerTrev
29th December 2017, 09:27 AM

Hmmm.... I didn’t get 9 & 11 - did everyone else get 4 issues or did some just get two like me?

Jazzman
2nd January 2018, 03:17 PM
Hmmm.... I didn’t get 9 & 11 - did everyone else get 4 issues or did some just get two like me?

Issues 10 & 11 for me

Paulbot
17th January 2018, 12:41 PM
Got notice that my next shipment is arriving tomorrow, which seems quick

griffin
17th January 2018, 12:47 PM
It is early by two business days... and the last one was 2 business days late because of the Christmas long weekend. So from that, its only 3 weeks and 1 day after the last shipment.

griffin
19th January 2018, 06:29 PM
Did it show up?
I haven't checked my mailbox yet, and wasn't going to waste a trip if it's not actually released yet.

BruiseLee
19th January 2018, 06:51 PM
Did it show up?
I haven't checked my mailbox yet, and wasn't going to waste a trip if it's not actually released yet.

Got mine yesterday.

How far is your mailbox from the house??

Paulbot
19th January 2018, 07:02 PM
Got mine yesterday too.

griffin
19th January 2018, 07:28 PM
Got mine yesterday.

How far is your mailbox from the house??

Ah, I meant PO Box... which isn't too far away, but I haven't had a reason to check it yet.

reillyd
22nd January 2018, 02:04 PM
Mine arrived today. IDW Heart of Darkness, IDW Dark Cybertron

Jazzman
22nd January 2018, 08:39 PM
Whilst I'm enjoying the IDW stuff I'm also wondering when are the first 2 years worth of the original Marvel comic gonna make it our way? :confused:

Paulbot
22nd January 2018, 08:55 PM
Whilst I'm enjoying the IDW stuff I'm also wondering when are the first 2 years worth of the original Marvel comic gonna make it our way? :confused:

You're in luck. The next release is Volume 1 and has the first 4 issues of Marvel US and the first few stories from Marvel UK. Although the next issues (vol 2) are some time off.

Jazzman
22nd January 2018, 09:40 PM
You're in luck. The next release is Volume 1 and has the first 4 issues of Marvel US and the first few stories from Marvel UK. Although the next issues (vol 2) are some time off.

Sweet, now I'm happy as Larry! :D

Bumblebee2000
29th January 2018, 10:56 AM
If someone is willing to help, tfw2005 member tk1998 is looking for someone in Australia to send this series to them. This was over PMs so can't link it, but they might just be after the first few issues. That might have changed since December though.

If you want more info, just contact (preferably) them or me. Thanks.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/members/tk1998.122568/

Paulbot
14th February 2018, 06:51 PM
Next delivery due tomorrow for me.

Krayt
15th February 2018, 05:52 PM
1: Power Play
26: War and Peace

reillyd
15th February 2018, 10:03 PM
I can't wait for power play. While obviously we've all read US 1-4, being able to read the UK material in print..... it will be wonderful

bowspearer
17th February 2018, 09:23 PM
Not sure if spoiler warning are required here as these issues are all out overseas and listed on Wikipedia.If so, consider yourself warned.

Anyone else starting to get the feeling that they're deliberately going to hold off on getting us the last of issues 1-24 until the very end of the run?

Issue 30 is confirmed as "Titans Returns Part 1" already and by that point, they'll have only given us 9 issues of the original Marvel UK/US run and its conclusion. That storyline is barely a year old, if that and we're already getting it when the whole point of this was meant to be allowing people to get stuff that is old and out of print.

To top it off, they've already started shifting Marvel UK/US volumes back in place of newer stuff: Issue 8 was originally "Perchance to Dream", Issue 11 was meant to be "Legacy of Unicron" and Issue 13 "The Cosmic Carnival". Instead they were swapped out for "Hearts of Steel", "The Iron Fist" and "Dark Cybertron: Part 1".

The whole thing seems to have been done so blatantly, that it's almost like Hachette had an "oh crap, we're being too blatant about it" moment, because issues 33,34 and 35 are "New Order", "Dinobot Hunt", and "Destiny" respectively.

The whole release order is really starting to look dodgy - it's almost as if they know once those 24 issues go, they've lost a massive chunk of their subscribers so they're trying to string them along for as long as possible and force them to get a heap of stuff they don't want, to get what they do.

I knew there'd be a bit of that, but when they're giving us TPBs of some of IDW's most recent stories before they're even giving us half of the early stuff, then it really is starting to look dodgy.

Paulbot
17th February 2018, 11:14 PM
Of course they are. They want to make money. The point of this wasn't to give us old stuff that's out of print since most of it is in print in IDW Classics volumes, the point was to have a "complete" G1 collection.

bowspearer
17th February 2018, 11:27 PM
Of course they are. They want to make money.

Like I said, I expected it to some degree, but this is going well and truly beyond the pale.

Paulbot
18th February 2018, 01:46 AM
If I was them, I would have held off most of the Marvel Us/Uk stuff to the end, that we got volume 1 this week instead of this time next year surprises me more than that they are putting out some recent IDW stuff.

I'd personally also like to get the earlier volumes, but I signed up knowing and budgeting for the fact that I'd have to get all of them to get the ones I actually need.

Jazzman
18th February 2018, 04:37 PM
Really I signed up just for the Marvel US & UK series, but I'm really enjoying everything else... I keep asking myself 'man, why oh why didn't Michael Bay use the IDW stuff as movie material?!"

griffin
18th February 2018, 05:49 PM
Next delivery due tomorrow for me.

I only just got my email today, for a delivery tomorrow... I wonder why they are splitting up the shipments now. (my credit card shouldn't have been an issue)
They used to send the notifications and books all at once before this shipment.

Paulbot
7th March 2018, 11:12 PM
There's talk of a reboot at IDW which could give this line a definitive end point (and one that would be pretty close to the 80 volumes originally promised). That could be a good thing.

reillyd
8th March 2018, 01:47 AM
Not sure if spoiler warning are required here as these issues are all out overseas and listed on Wikipedia.If so, consider yourself warned.

Anyone else starting to get the feeling that they're deliberately going to hold off on getting us the last of issues 1-24 until the very end of the run?

Issue 30 is confirmed as "Titans Returns Part 1" already and by that point, they'll have only given us 9 issues of the original Marvel UK/US run and its conclusion. That storyline is barely a year old, if that and we're already getting it when the whole point of this was meant to be allowing people to get stuff that is old and out of print.

To top it off, they've already started shifting Marvel UK/US volumes back in place of newer stuff: Issue 8 was originally "Perchance to Dream", Issue 11 was meant to be "Legacy of Unicron" and Issue 13 "The Cosmic Carnival". Instead they were swapped out for "Hearts of Steel", "The Iron Fist" and "Dark Cybertron: Part 1".

The whole thing seems to have been done so blatantly, that it's almost like Hachette had an "oh crap, we're being too blatant about it" moment, because issues 33,34 and 35 are "New Order", "Dinobot Hunt", and "Destiny" respectively.

The whole release order is really starting to look dodgy - it's almost as if they know once those 24 issues go, they've lost a massive chunk of their subscribers so they're trying to string them along for as long as possible and force them to get a heap of stuff they don't want, to get what they do.

I knew there'd be a bit of that, but when they're giving us TPBs of some of IDW's most recent stories before they're even giving us half of the early stuff, then it really is starting to look dodgy.

I'm getting the same feeling bowspearer. I'm really enjoying the uk material, but I want to read it in order TOO. Same with the Dreamwave material . When I hear that they're fitting Titans Return in there too..... grr.....

There are plenty of publishing options to expand it without milking the cow dry. Do small chunks of UK and Dreamwave, and intersperse it with the older IDW material rather than the new. Heck they could even throw in some translated manga and I'd buy it. It's not that I mind buying some extra IDW to get it in a TPB but why couldn't it be the earlier stuff that isn't fresh in my memory still.

griffin
11th March 2018, 10:30 PM
The next pair should be out this week... so keep an eye out for the email or the package.

griffin
17th March 2018, 07:39 PM
I didn't get an email this week, so maybe next week.
I remember one of the last two shipments was a week early, so maybe this is just going back to the proper schedule.

Paulbot
17th March 2018, 07:58 PM
Nothing for me yet either.

Paulbot
18th March 2018, 11:21 AM
I've received notification that the shipment will arrive tomorrow.

reillyd
19th March 2018, 03:02 PM
Mine arrived today, but haven't opened them yet to check if spines are damaged. Shipping in a bag is a bad idea

bowspearer
19th March 2018, 06:47 PM
Mine arrived today, but haven't opened them yet to check if spines are damaged. Shipping in a bag is a bad idea

This is nothing - the number of Build The Millenium Falcon issues I've had to get replaced by them is way too high.

reillyd
19th March 2018, 07:35 PM
This fortnight's issues were IDW Primacy/Monstrosity, and IDW windblade.

Next set of issues should contain some UK material (UK 240-260, 323-326) from the middle and end of the UK run. Not quite sure why there is such a large gap, but maybe some of it was out of chronological sequence?

Paulbot
19th March 2018, 07:44 PM
This fortnight's issues were IDW Primacy/Monstrosity, and IDW windblade.

Next set of issues should contain some UK material (UK 240-260, 323-326) from the middle and end of the UK run. Not quite sure why there is such a large gap, but maybe some of it was out of chronological sequence?

That should say UK 204-260, US 76-77 (323-326 is just reprints of US content). There was no new UK content after #289 (outside the annuals).

UltraMarginal
26th March 2018, 02:07 PM
So, is it fair to say that this will likely contain the entire IDW continuity up to the Unicron story later this year? That will make it a pretty impressive collection of material.

reillyd
26th March 2018, 03:32 PM
Can't guarantee it will have Unicron, but if it's a reboot we are heading too it would make a good end. They keep changing the plans for what is included, but the most recent content has been IDW Windblade, Dark Cybertro, and Primacy/Monstrosity.

Paulbot
26th March 2018, 06:27 PM
So, is it fair to say that this will likely contain the entire IDW continuity up to the Unicron story later this year? That will make it a pretty impressive collection of material.

As I speculated earlier, I think it would make a very clear cut off point, something like 90ish volumes in total, instead of the current open ended nature.

Paulbot
12th April 2018, 07:00 PM
Feels like I just got the last two volumes, and the next two are already nearly here. Tomorrow apparently!

Jazzman
12th April 2018, 11:27 PM
Feels like I just got the last two volumes, and the next two are already nearly here. Tomorrow apparently!

Few more days till they arrive up my way. I decided not to read the last 2 issues, wanted to wait till I had at least 4 in hand so I can sink my teeth into them (even though they're not in order). Just feels like 2 issues go too quick, haha.

reillyd
16th April 2018, 08:42 PM
My next two issues arrived today, slightly dented too. But the content, well it's almost enough to overlook it. Volume 19 contains UK 240-260, gloriously coloured for the very first time (previously black and white, when the uk comic was on the decline in sales). It brings back very warm memories leafing through it.

BigTransformerTrev
20th April 2018, 04:33 PM
My next two issues arrived today, slightly dented too. But the content, well it's almost enough to overlook it. Volume 19 contains UK 240-260, gloriously coloured for the very first time (previously black and white, when the uk comic was on the decline in sales). It brings back very warm memories leafing through it.

I loved Volume 19 as I hadn't read 240-260, first time I have ever seen Quickswitch in a comic :)

Liking all of these so far, only thing is I'd like to see them have a range of characters on the front covers. We've had two with Optimus and two with Megatron and I'm guessing we will get more before the volumes come to an end. With hundreds of characters to choose from, it would have been nice to see a different Transformer on the cover of each one.

KELPIE
23rd April 2018, 02:47 PM
Liking all of these so far, only thing is I'd like to see them have a range of characters on the front covers. We've had two with Optimus and two with Megatron and I'm guessing we will get more before the volumes come to an end. With hundreds of characters to choose from, it would have been nice to see a different Transformer on the cover of each one.

That's my main complaint.

Especially since this is mainly a subscription service, I don't think I've seen any of the later versions sitting in newsagents anywhere.

We've had Prime 3 times I think Starscream a couple Megs a couple...

I'd love for something random like Flywheels to be on the cover of the issue with City of Fear in it.

How far ahead are the subscribers in the UK?

Bumblebee2000
23rd April 2018, 05:19 PM
That's my main complaint.

Especially since this is mainly a subscription service, I don't think I've seen any of the later versions sitting in newsagents anywhere.

We've had Prime 3 times I think Starscream a couple Megs a couple...

I'd love for something random like Flywheels to be on the cover of the issue with City of Fear in it.

How far ahead are the subscribers in the UK?

Issue 35 by the looks of this. Speaking of characters who aren't Optimus and Megatron, there is Bludgeon, Bombshell and Brainstorm pictured there. Also characters that don't start with B but I'm a sucker for alliteration.
https://hachettepartworks.com/transformers-the-definitive-g1-collection?page=3&loading=true

philby
23rd April 2018, 07:38 PM
Are they including the Dreamwave comics in this thing?
And if so have they said which volumes they will be included in?

Paulbot
23rd April 2018, 08:22 PM
Are they including the Dreamwave comics in this thing?
And if so have they said which volumes they will be included in?

Yes, the Dreamwave G1 comics are in Volumes 25-32.

Would be nice if they include some of the art for the unpublished issues as bonuses too.

UltraMarginal
24th April 2018, 01:42 PM
Yes, the Dreamwave G1 comics are in Volumes 25-32.

Would be nice if they include some of the art for the unpublished issues as bonuses too.

25 - 32, I didn't think Dreamwave produced that much material.

Paulbot
24th April 2018, 06:42 PM
25 - 32, I didn't think Dreamwave produced that much material.

This is how I see, confirmed releases are in bold.

Vol 23- Regeneration One volume 3
Vol 24 - Regeneration One volume 4

Vol 25 Generation One Vol 1 #1-6
Vol 26 Generation One Vol 2 #1-6
Vol 27 Generation One Vol 3 #1-5
Vol 28 Generation One Vol 3 #6-10
Vol 29 The War Within #1-6
Vol 30 War Within 2 Dark Ages #1-6
Vol 31 Transformers/G.I. Joe #1-6
Vol 32 Micromasters #1-4 and Transformers/GI Joe 2 #1 (maybe...)

Vol 33 Megatron Origin, first IDW volume

griffin
24th April 2018, 07:49 PM
Dreamwave also did all that Armada/Energon series as well... which probably won't be in this publication, as it focuses on Gen1 era or characters.

I am really liking the look of the coloured UK comics though - they aren't a rush job, and are coloured in a style that fits in with the other 80s TFs comics of that time... it makes me really want to read them all over again, they have been really worth the subscription.

UltraMarginal
26th April 2018, 01:35 PM
Thanks Paul,
That feels like there isn't any more than a standard trade worth of material in each volume. I thought there would be more, the paper stock must be quite thick.

Paulbot
26th April 2018, 03:11 PM
The books vary from volume to volume, and bonus stuff gets added, but content wise they have about 7 x 22 page issues each.

Simon Furman noted some bonus features in the War Within Dark Ages volume covering the incomplete third series. I’ve asked him a follow up to see if the published issues will get reprinted as the tweet suggests not.

philby
28th April 2018, 06:06 PM
Thanks for that! Are those volumes all released at the moment? Or is the printing and release schedule kind of random like what you receive?

Paulbot
28th April 2018, 06:13 PM
Thanks for that! Are those volumes all released at the moment? Or is the printing and release schedule kind of random like what you receive?

The release schedule is random order volumes come out two a month, but it’s fixed in that we all get the same random order volumes each month (several months behind the UK getting the same).

philby
29th April 2018, 12:48 AM
This is how I see, confirmed releases are in bold.

Vol 23- Regeneration One volume 3
Vol 24 - Regeneration One volume 4

Vol 25 Generation One Vol 1 #1-6
Vol 26 Generation One Vol 2 #1-6
Vol 27 Generation One Vol 3 #1-5
Vol 28 Generation One Vol 3 #6-10
Vol 29 The War Within #1-6
Vol 30 War Within 2 Dark Ages #1-6
Vol 31 Transformers/G.I. Joe #1-6
Vol 32 Micromasters #1-4 and Transformers/GI Joe 2 #1 (maybe...)

Vol 33 Megatron Origin, first IDW volume

Issue 35 by the looks of this. Speaking of characters who aren't Optimus and Megatron, there is Bludgeon, Bombshell and Brainstorm pictured there. Also characters that don't start with B but I'm a sucker for alliteration.
https://hachettepartworks.com/transformers-the-definitive-g1-collection?page=3&loading=true

ok I get it now, looking on that website link it lists ISSUES in order of printing and release, but those are not the same thing as VOLUMES which dictate the stories contained and chronology.

So...

Vol 25 Generation One Vol 1 #1-6 ---> ??
Vol 26 Generation One Vol 2 #1-6 ---> issue 15
Vol 27 Generation One Vol 3 #1-5 --->??
Vol 28 Generation One Vol 3 #6-10 --->??
Vol 29 The War Within #1-6 ---> issue 5
Vol 30 War Within 2 Dark Ages #1-6 ---> issue 36
Vol 31 Transformers/G.I. Joe #1-6 ---> issue 11
Vol 32 Micromasters #1-4 and Transformers/GI Joe 2 #1 (maybe...)??

Paulbot
29th April 2018, 01:08 AM
That’s right, until they release more details the issue/release number and contents remain a mystery. (But educated guesses can be made on content).

Simon Furman confirmed for me on Twitter that the completed issues of Age of Wrath wont be included in this series, so the one and only issue of DW’s second crossover won’t be either. I still think they’ll reprint the Micromasters mini, but I’m not sure what else they’ll put in it to fill out the volume. Maybe, big maybe, those Armada issues with G1 characters?

reillyd
1st May 2018, 01:47 PM
I so wish they would take Furman's scripts, and at least publish them (nor get an artist to draw). I hate incomplete stories, and the Armada/Energon just got unresolved. The ones with the G1 characters were so frigging cool. I don't care who the publisher is, how much they want for the trade, but I would buy he unpublished issues in a heartbeat

Krayt
1st May 2018, 09:23 PM
Sounds like you need these reillyd...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcG4gKEU8AAB-e9?format=jpg

reillyd
1st May 2018, 11:14 PM
Oh my gosh, how did you lay your hands on a copy of those, and signed no less!
Don't suppose you would be interested in parting with any of them by chance?

Krayt
2nd May 2018, 12:05 AM
Oh my gosh, how did you lay your hands on a copy of those, and signed no less!
Don't suppose you would be interested in parting with any of them by chance?

SF himself sells them every now and then on eBay.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152227189402?rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover %252F1%252F711-53200-19255-0%252F1%253F%2526customid%253DTFWNews%2526toolid%2 53D10001%2526campid%253D5336425390%2526mpre%253Dht tp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%25252Fitm%25 252F152227189402%2526srcrot%253D711-53200-19255-0%2526rvr_id%253D1516664396644%2526rvr_ts%253D1c06 b8e01630ad4fa7e5bda7fffc21a6&ul_noapp=true

griffin
2nd May 2018, 08:57 AM
He also sold a heap at BotCon 2012.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/bc12/d22.jpg

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/bc12/m64.jpg

gamblor916
2nd May 2018, 10:38 AM
At this stage are there ways to get individual issues? They seem to have disappeared form the local newsagents. I'm after vol 1 Power Play.

griffin
2nd May 2018, 11:57 AM
You should be able to buy them from the website if they still have stock.

UltraMarginal
2nd May 2018, 12:12 PM
At this stage are there ways to get individual issues? They seem to have disappeared form the local newsagents. I'm after vol 1 Power Play.

Some good newsagents do stock them. there is one at Macquarie Shopping centre near me that does. I've been cherry picking the Star Trek starships collection from there for the last two years. I bought the Transformers coloured UK issues volume last week.

gamblor916
2nd May 2018, 12:23 PM
I might have been too late to grab them. The ones I found in store at most only had 2 copies.

UltraMarginal
2nd May 2018, 02:15 PM
This place only ever gets in 2 or 3 copies of each release. They also send back what they don't sell after a few weeks or so as well. you kind of need to keep your finger on the pulse. They will order in back issues for you but you have to pay up front and it can sometimes take a long time (months) for a particular issue to arrive. that's what I found with the starships especially the very popular ones.

Paulbot
8th May 2018, 09:56 PM
I got a shipping notice for the next two volumes arriving tomorrow (the second Regeneration One volume and first issues of the IDW "ongoing" series*)

Checking the latest list of upcoming volumes I see they are including the recent GIJoe/Transformers series - the one that's almost a parody - which is an interesting choice. I'm still wondering how/when/if/which they'll reprint the Hasbro expanded universe stuff.

*Not issue 1 though which is coming in the Wreckers volume, also an interesting choice but there is a narrative break.

griffin
13th June 2018, 10:09 PM
The next two volumes were sent out this week.
Issue 22 is Volume 7 - covering UK #96-104 & US #24-26. (includes the story that heavily features Outback in it)
Issue 23 is Volume 33 - covering IDWs Megatron Origin and Spotlight Blurr & Orion Pax.

BruiseLee
18th July 2018, 03:21 PM
Just saw a post on FB that Bissett Mags have ceased trading. Called the number to confirm and there is an automated message asking us to call UK. Has anyone heard anything about this?

griffin
18th July 2018, 09:30 PM
Just saw a post on FB that Bissett Mags have ceased trading. Called the number to confirm and there is an automated message asking us to call UK. Has anyone heard anything about this?

That would really suck if true... as we are only a quarter through the set, and it's not all together, making it really incomplete.
And what's worse is that I stopped buying TPBs because I expected to be getting the IDW comics with this series, so didn't want to be doubling up.

Paulbot
18th July 2018, 10:21 PM
Oh what?

I got two issues last week but will be really put out if they aren't releasing the rest.

DarkHyren
18th July 2018, 10:26 PM
Transcript from the message you get when you try and call Bissett Magazines customer service number (03 9872 4000):
"This is an important message for Bissett Magazines customers. Please note that Bissett Magazines has ceased trading. For information about the series you are collecting please contact the publishers customer service center in the UK. Contact details can be found on the inside front cover of the series you are collecting. Thank you"

Here's the email address for Hachette Partworks in the UK for anyone that wants to find out what's going on with the Transformers collection:
hachettepw@jacklinservice.com

Now I'm sort of glad I never got around to subscribing, but if it wont be too hard to get the series I may still do so.

UltraMarginal
19th July 2018, 09:47 AM
I really hope for those who've invested so much in this already that someone else picks up the line here. assuming that they (hatchette) haven't already organised something.

I'm guessing Bisset are the local distributers.

Jazzman
19th July 2018, 12:31 PM
Well, I've sent an email... will wait and see what the reply says. Deeply disappointed :(

Now I'm curious - where can a get the original first 2 years of the US Marvel G1 comics in a physical form? I don't want to read them online...

Paulbot
19th July 2018, 01:18 PM
Well, I've sent an email... will wait and see what the reply says. Deeply disappointed :(

Now I'm curious - where can a get the original first 2 years of the US Marvel G1 comics in a physical form? I don't want to read them online...

IDW have also reprinted all of the US G1 Marvel run across 8 volumes (https://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=transformers+classic&search=Find+book). Some local comic shops might have copies.

There's an Australia edition, across two volumes, of the first 16 issues of the G1 comic. See this thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=21418). Some online stores might have it.

DarkHyren
19th July 2018, 02:24 PM
I'm guessing Bissett are the local distributers.Correct, Bissett have been distributing many (if not all) of these sort of week by week collections in Australia for years, possibly decades.
Well, I've sent an email... will wait and see what the reply says. Deeply disappointed :(Let us know what they say, Bissett closing up shop is going to affect a lot of people in a lot of fandoms.

Food for thought: I wonder if Bissett will do some sort of clearance sale on any stock they might have sitting around, if so might be a good chance to grab some of the older series like the Marvel chronology that have already finished etc.

UltraMarginal
19th July 2018, 03:55 PM
are they distributing eaglemoss product here, or are eaglemoss looking after that themselves?

UltraMarginal
19th July 2018, 03:58 PM
are they distributing eaglemoss product here, or are eaglemoss looking after that themselves?

I just answered my own question: this is the Eaglemoss Australian site for the Star Trek Starships collection.

Dear valued customers,

It is with regret that we have to inform you that we have temporarily suspended order taking for our Australian and New Zealand shops whilst we resolve an issue with our local fulfilment partner. Sadly, our partner has gone into administration and so we’re working hard to find a solution to re-supply your collections in the very near future.

For those customers who’ve ordered and not yet received items, we will be in contact to discuss your orders over the coming days.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience and hope to be back online shortly. If you would like to be notified when we’re live again then please add your email address to the below field.

If you have further questions please contact shop@eaglemoss-service.com

Best wishes,

The Eaglemoss Team

Jazzman
19th July 2018, 10:27 PM
IDW have also reprinted all of the US G1 Marvel run across 8 volumes (https://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=transformers+classic&search=Find+book). Some local comic shops might have copies.

There's an Australia edition, across two volumes, of the first 16 issues of the G1 comic. See this thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=21418). Some online stores might have it.

That's awesome, thanks so much! :)

Jazzman
19th July 2018, 10:29 PM
DarkHyren - no probs I'll post here as soon as I get the reply

Jazzman
20th July 2018, 09:38 AM
Guys, here's the email response I got from Hachette:

"Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

We are aware of the situation regarding Bisset Magazine Services. Kindly note, the publishers are working on a solution. We ask for your patience for the time being and you will be notified shortly on the way forward.

In the meantime, may you please confirm your full names, full address, name of the collection, the last issue number you received and your contact details.

If you require any additional information, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Alice.

Customer Care"

So looks like anyone with subscriptions should drop them a line with the requested details. The return email was:

hachetted400@jacklinservice.com

griffin
20th July 2018, 03:00 PM
I'll send them an email to see if there is any official announcement we can make on this site and on our facebook page (and on the global fansites), to reassure Australian subscribers that they will still be able to keep getting these.
Hopefully it doesn't mean that there are several volumes sitting at the Bisset warehouse, that is now the property of the Administrators, and won't be released back to Hatchette without payment, or sold onto the subscribers.

It is worth mentioning that the UK subscribers are about 20 volumes ahead, as they have just passed the halfway mark with either 41 or 43 currently released in the UK.

I forgot to mention last week, that the two issues sent out here were number 24 & 25...
Volume 14 - Space Pirates (UK 172-173, UK 180-189, US 43 & 51, UK 1988 Annual)
Volume 43 - All Hail Megatron Part 1 (issues 1-8)

Jazzman
24th July 2018, 07:06 PM
I'll send them an email to see if there is any official announcement we can make on this site and on our facebook page (and on the global fansites), to reassure Australian subscribers that they will still be able to keep getting these.
Hopefully it doesn't mean that there are several volumes sitting at the Bisset warehouse, that is now the property of the Administrators, and won't be released back to Hatchette without payment, or sold onto the subscribers.

It is worth mentioning that the UK subscribers are about 20 volumes ahead, as they have just passed the halfway mark with either 41 or 43 currently released in the UK.

I forgot to mention last week, that the two issues sent out here were number 24 & 25...
Volume 14 - Space Pirates (UK 172-173, UK 180-189, US 43 & 51, UK 1988 Annual)
Volume 43 - All Hail Megatron Part 1 (issues 1-8)

No word yet, Griffin?

griffin
24th July 2018, 07:31 PM
Still no reply yet. :(

Jazzman
31st July 2018, 09:28 PM
Still no reply yet. :(

No update yet? May be worth a follow up inquiry...

BigTransformerTrev
1st August 2018, 11:36 AM
That would really suck if true... as we are only a quarter through the set, and it's not all together, making it really incomplete.
And what's worse is that I stopped buying TPBs because I expected to be getting the IDW comics with this series, so didn't want to be doubling up.

I did the same - I’ve just been reading them online and waiting for this series to realease physical copies :(

Frankly Bissett should have emailed their subscribers to let us know they were shutting up shop. If it wasn’t for this thread I would have been in the dark about the whole situation.

griffin
2nd August 2018, 10:40 PM
No update yet? May be worth a follow up inquiry...

I have resent the email to the contact address that is now on the website posted in the first post of this news topic, which says the following...

We are aware that Bissett Magazine Services (the company managing your subscription) has closed and we are working with several other publishers to ensure your subscription continues with as little disruption as possible. We have setup the email and phone number below so you can get in touch with our UK customer service team without calling an international number - the line is open from 16.00 to 23.00 AEST Monday to Friday.
We will update this site with more information as soon as possible but please rest assured we are looking at a number of options to keep your subscription running and we can guarantee we will keep your issues reserved for you.
Email: customer_service_aus@hachette-service.com
Tel: 283787931 (tel:283787931)

I'm not sure if that phone number will work, as there is too many digits for a landline, and not enough for a mobile number... it was likely to have been typed up by someone in the UK.
It might be a Sydney number, with the "02" prefix missing the 0, which is how you would call the number if inside the UK, with the country code (when you dial into Australia with the 61 country code, you drop the 0 from the state prefix of a landline number, or 0 from the start of a mobile number).

I'll give them a day to reply, and then I'll start spreading the word about this contact email on other sites.

UltraMarginal
3rd August 2018, 01:32 PM
I have resent the email to the contact address that is now on the website posted in the first post of this news topic, which says the following...

I'm not sure if that phone number will work, as there is too many digits for a landline, and not enough for a mobile number... it was likely to have been typed up by someone in the UK.
It might be a Sydney number, with the "02" prefix missing the 0, which is how you would call the number if inside the UK, with the country code (when you dial into Australia with the 61 country code, you drop the 0 from the state prefix of a landline number, or 0 from the start of a mobile number).

I'll give them a day to reply, and then I'll start spreading the word about this contact email on other sites.

I guarantee you're right, they've dropped the 0 in favour of the 61 and not replaced it.

griffin
15th August 2018, 05:48 PM
The very basic reply I got from Hachette in the UK, which doesn't inspire much confidence in them finding a solution to this...

Hi there
Thank you for your email.
We are looking to find a solution so you can finish your collection. We will be taking over all the Australian subscriptions but it may take a little time.
Please keep an eye out for announcements on this. You will be updated as soon as possible.
If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact us.

If you were subscribed, I would recommend contacting them at the email address noted above, to see if they put you on a mailing list - Email: customer_service_aus@hachette-service.com
At the very least, the more people here who are known by them, the more likely one of us will be updated with some news from them... even though it has already taken a month now with nothing set up or an update. (we should have received two volumes last week if Bissett didn't collapse)

UltraMarginal
16th August 2018, 11:37 AM
I was in the newsagent yesterday and they had the latest starship (115) and there were some new transformers books on the shelf, a week ago they had none of either. so they must have found a solution, perhaps it's taking them a while to get the subscription information out of the local company.

griffin
16th August 2018, 12:19 PM
Fatbot posted on facebook that he got an email saying it is going through eaglemoss... but other people including me didn't get that email.

Jazzman
16th August 2018, 02:36 PM
Fatbot posted on facebook that he got an email saying it is going through eaglemoss... but other people including me didn't get that email.

Yeah, I've received zilch... :confused:

BigTransformerTrev
17th August 2018, 12:07 PM

Yeah, I've received zilch... :confused:

Yep I received nothing either :(

I've just emailed both Hatchett and Eaglemoss about this so hopefully will get some more info on the situation.

Jazzman
17th August 2018, 08:05 PM
Yep I received nothing either :(

I've just emailed both Hatchett and Eaglemoss about this so hopefully will get some more info on the situation.

Keep us posted ;)

valkyrie_76
19th August 2018, 07:36 PM
Any work on this yet?

Also, did a payment go out before they cancelled the subscription?

BigTransformerTrev
20th August 2018, 09:10 AM
Keep us posted ;)

Any work on this yet?

Well I got the exact same response email from both Hatchett and Eaglemoss, 4 minutes apart and from the same person, even though the email addresses the reponses originated from differed, so obviously they must have a single person handling both inquiry accounts:

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your email.

Sorry to hear this, we are looking to take over the subscriptions from Bissett but we don't have an eta as to when at this time.

We will be in touch with any information and keep an eye out for updates.

Kind Regards,

Joshua