PDA

View Full Version : Removing broken pegs from pegholes

canofwhoopass_87
28th August 2017, 09:03 PM
Ahoy there fellow travelers !

Had a G1 Rodimus arrive with a broken peg (most likely from his gun) stuck inside the fist.

Any solid techniques to get this annoying little broken stub out?

Deonasis
28th August 2017, 09:47 PM
I guess you either drill it with quite a smaller sized drill bit or put a screw in it part way and pull it out.

To drill it I would measure the depth of the hole, put tape below that depth on the drill bit (so you dont go too deep) and clamp the figure so you have two hands to control the drill. The drill bit would be 1-2mm narrower than the whole and any remaining plastic hopefully can be scrapped out.

gamblor916
28th August 2017, 09:59 PM
I'd put it in hot not boiling water to see if it loosens first.

canofwhoopass_87
29th August 2017, 08:00 AM
Hmmm lets see how it goes. Cheers fellas

millhouse
29th August 2017, 11:55 AM
I've used a small screwdriver to effectively hand-drill the core out. You can then apply some pressure inside the hollow core to drag it out of the fist without damaging the figure itself.

canofwhoopass_87
29th August 2017, 09:02 PM
I've used a small screwdriver to effectively hand-drill the core out. You can then apply some pressure inside the hollow core to drag it out of the fist without damaging the figure itself.

Sounds like a solid technique old boy!

millhouse
30th August 2017, 09:49 AM
Sounds like a solid technique old boy!

It's easy - just not the quickest, but I'm a fan of it purely because its super easy to stop yourself from damaging the figure.

Jetfire in the sky
30th August 2017, 03:15 PM
I had this happen a couple of weeks ago with MP Loudpedal and his stand, the little peg snapped of in the flight mode display hole.
I used a drill, its all about the right size, cleared it out in a sec, drill very carefully though and make sure if anything the drill bit is undersized.