PDA

View Full Version : AUS Toy & Hobby Fair 2009 Dates.

griffin
22nd October 2008, 03:23 AM
The 2009 Australian Toy, Hobby and Nursery Fair dates have been released - Friday 20th to Monday 23rd March. 8.30am to 6pm.
It will be at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre again.
www.toyfair.com.au (http://www.toyfair.com.au) for more details, or registration info.

I will be planning to go again next year, and maybe organise a fan-meet for that weekend as well. But we'll deal with that later.

TheDirtyDigger
22nd October 2008, 10:09 AM
Excellent.

Golden Phoenix
22nd October 2008, 10:56 AM
Looks good.
Hopefully you will able to get some good pictures like last year and get into the news again.

That was actually how I found this site.

Pulse
22nd October 2008, 12:58 PM
I wonder what upcoming goodies they'll show us then... :)

optimus1
22nd October 2008, 01:05 PM
Please tell me they give out free samples - Like that episode in the Simpsons with Homer at the Candy Convention!

Saintly
22nd October 2008, 01:55 PM
how's everyone getting in???

heroic_decepticon
22nd October 2008, 04:11 PM

by transforming into mini-casette mode or insect mode and hitching a ride in...

liegeprime
22nd October 2008, 06:27 PM
Isnt this the by invitation only fair thing that Griffin attended last year as well? too bad it isnt open to the public, not that i have any way of going in since its so far away , but it would be nice to have a sneal peak on all the goodies.

Golden Phoenix
22nd October 2008, 11:22 PM

*Jedi mind tricks*
I am allowed in

STL
22nd October 2008, 11:27 PM
I have business registration and can get easily get two to three passes on my end.

griffin
23rd October 2008, 01:40 AM
The registration requires a reason for your attendence (like, you're a retailer or media etc), but didn't verify our credentials when we showed up. It meant anyone could get in for the heck of it, and it's free. That doesn't mean they will be as relaxed next year or any year, but depending on the number interested in going, I could give you each instructions on how to register under my business name (or your own if you have one).
But if we have too many wanting to go next year, I might have to see if Hasbro want us to show up at a particular day and time so that we don't get in the way of their customers (they could easily have us removed if a dozen odd fans descend en-masse while they are trying to kiss the asses of major retailers who have millions of dollars to throw around).

Also be mindful that like 2007, there may not be any TFs out on public display next year (they had all the movie toys hidden in a back room, and only people on appointment - the retailers - would be ushered out to the display).

I guess post here if you are wanting to get into Toyfair next year, and I'll post more details when I get them, depending on how many are interested.

TheDirtyDigger
23rd October 2008, 06:48 AM
I would like to go and have an ABN/ business I can register under.

STL
23rd October 2008, 10:54 AM
I'd go if others were going. I'm not a fussy person about seeing toys in advance. Nothing matters till I have them in hand! So yeah, really only going for the social aspect but if there are a lot of others who want to go and see the toys instead, I'll be happy to not go so as we don't onslaught the entire Hasbro display. :)