PDA

View Full Version : OTCA Mobile site

techx
3rd October 2017, 11:01 PM
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if OTCA has a mobile site as I have a hard time with the mobile screen viewing the pages.

I searched and nothing came up but I could have missed it.

Thanks in advance.

techx

griffin
4th October 2017, 07:13 PM
At this time, with the current version of this board, we don't have a mobile version.
Do the global fansites have mobile versions, or are mobile friendly websites?

jazzcomp
4th October 2017, 08:28 PM
I can't access the quick links and search from my android browser (chrome or default).

Probably not fan sites but the other forums do :cool: :eek:

UltraMarginal
5th October 2017, 09:58 AM
I thought Seibertron had made their site mobile friendly at least, it's OK to look through.
I've just tried to post a message on their forum and it's a fair bit easier to handle than this site even though visually it looks the same as their full site on my desktop.

Jetfire in the sky
11th October 2017, 10:57 AM
This site is ok in landscape on the iPhone.

techx
23rd October 2017, 08:57 PM
I can't access the quick links and search from my android browser (chrome or default).

Probably not fan sites but the other forums do :cool: :eek:

Same thing with my android phone. Using the Android 8.0 now and still same issue.

Trent
23rd October 2017, 09:10 PM
This site is ok in landscape on the iPhone.

Indeed it does.

I've never seen the appeal of mobile websites. The positives of slightly easier viewing are far outweighed by the limited functionality.

DaptoDog
23rd October 2017, 09:35 PM
TFW has a mobile version and it works great on Android. However, they of course have site sponsors. While it would be great if OTCA had it I certainly don't expect it.

Paulbot
16th December 2021, 10:02 PM
Are other people seeing a new mobile friendly version of the forum or is just me?

griffin
16th December 2021, 11:28 PM
I found a "mobile device" setting while looking for a language display setting... so figured I'd see what it does.

I failed to fix the language issue, but if something good comes from the mobile device setting, at least that's something.

Skyfire
17th December 2021, 06:31 PM
From my side, I don't like the mobile interface. The What's New button is gone, my avatar picture disappeared (though it has always been absent on the What's New page) and you can't immediately see who posted last and when, which is useful when seeing if a post is updated.

kovert
17th December 2021, 08:56 PM
Looks like a completely different website. Generic graphics are showing too.

Jaxius._
17th December 2021, 11:35 PM
Wasn’t like this earlier today

Paulbot
18th December 2021, 10:56 AM
I found a "mobile device" setting while looking for a language display setting... so figured I'd see what it does.

I failed to fix the language issue, but if something good comes from the mobile device setting, at least that's something.

Cool. I was mostly surprised nobody Elise was commenting on it.

(There’s a link in the footer that can show you the full site on your mobile again too)

1AZRAEL1
18th December 2021, 01:20 PM
Wondered why it was looking all weird. Full Site link changes it back.

DELTAprime
18th December 2021, 07:47 PM
The mobile version might not have the look of the full site, but I'm happy with it. It made posting from work earlier today easier.

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th December 2021, 02:40 PM
I had a try earlier and it was a tad awkward on my phone. I also managed to delete my post while trying to edit a typo, so that was a bit unfortunate.

Autocon
19th December 2021, 10:04 PM
Baaah not likey. Will need time to adjust. Its all very different.

Autocon
19th December 2021, 10:44 PM
Im on full site. How do you get to the latest post on mobile version? I couldnt get past the first page