PDA

View Full Version : Big W 20% off all full priced toys this weekend

KaRNiV8L PRiME
15th November 2017, 08:16 AM
Big W will have 20% off all full priced toys this weekend but also 10% off for friends and family. Hopefully they work in conjunction with each other :)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/news/2017/111502.jpg

griffin
15th November 2017, 11:02 AM
Excellent.... now, if only they had something I wanted. :(

DELTAprime
15th November 2017, 12:58 PM
Thanks KP. I might pick up that RID Bludgeon this weekend. I wouldn't normally buy RID but that one looks really cool even if it's just a G1 homage.

Gen Jay
15th November 2017, 01:25 PM
Wait... 20% plus additional 10%?

ChlorHex
15th November 2017, 02:17 PM
Excellent.... now, if only they had something I wanted. :(

Same here. My local Big W is a sad place for a collector. Heaps of Lego though.

hYpNoS
15th November 2017, 10:51 PM
Hope this clears the surplus broadsides most big w's near me seem to have.

Got burnt out on a dud and decided to go for takara's but it annoys me seeing 10+ of the things there haunting me :c

UltraMarginal
17th November 2017, 02:26 PM
I'll be picking up a broadside this weekend. and a movie deluxe or two.

Deonasis
17th November 2017, 03:37 PM
I am keen to look for Scorn and Nitro, they appear to be fantastic figures.

Jellico
18th November 2017, 08:42 AM
It doesn't stack :(

griffin
18th November 2017, 09:47 AM
It was probably wishful thinking... but I guess it means that you get 20% off toys, and 10% off everything else.

Jellico
18th November 2017, 12:08 PM
I have an update. 30% works in store. Not online.

Deonasis
18th November 2017, 12:50 PM
What figures/waves can I expect to find at BigW this weekend? My closet store is 30min away (fwp) and I don't want to call the store with a whole shopping list of potential figures.

My own interests are the Titans Return deluxes and TLK main line but any advice may help people.

Paulbot
18th November 2017, 03:35 PM
The extra 10% does work in store? Now I find out. (But it'd be 10% off the 20% off price though wouldn't it?)

What figures/waves can I expect to find at BigW this weekend? My closet store is 30min away (fwp) and I don't want to call the store with a whole shopping list of potential figures.

My own interests are the Titans Return deluxes and TLK main line but any advice may help people.

From what I've seen at various Big Ws in Victoria: TLK Optimus And Megatron leaders, Hound and Megatron voyager, wave 1 and 2 Deluxes.

Mostly early waves of TR deluxes but have seen the Twin Twist, Misfire, Windblade wave.

Deonasis
18th November 2017, 04:20 PM
Thanks Paulbot!

BigTransformerTrev
18th November 2017, 06:45 PM

Yeah mines 40mins away and I have a $150 gift voucher my brother gave me for my 40th. Sadly there seems to be little to justify the drive even given the circumstances

griffin
18th November 2017, 07:30 PM
The Mega 1-step Dragonstorm could be worth getting, at 20% (or 30% off if it actually works in-store)... which would bring it down to about $80 or $70.
Yes, it is a simplistic, oversized gimmick toy, but the blacklight gimmick is fun to use on your toys, to see which plastics are light reactive.

And this toy is about AU$110 at retail in America, so if you can get it for about AU$70 at BigW this weekend, it's a huge difference to what Americans have to pay.

DELTAprime
18th November 2017, 10:56 PM
It doesn't stack :(

I have an update. 30% works in store. Not online.

Yeah we had a few issues today at work with the promotion and it took a couple of hours to get it fully working. I guess it would have been the same for all stores not just mine.

BigTransformerTrev
20th November 2017, 07:44 AM
The Mega 1-step Dragonstorm could be worth getting, at 20% (or 30% off if it actually works in-store)... which would bring it down to about $80 or $70.
Yes, it is a simplistic, oversized gimmick toy, but the blacklight gimmick is fun to use on your toys, to see which plastics are light reactive.

And this toy is about AU$110 at retail in America, so if you can get it for about AU$70 at BigW this weekend, it's a huge difference to what Americans have to pay.

I had considered it and may have even grabbed it if I hadn’t had to drive so far. But I figure this toy is likely to end up like the TF4 Stomp’n’Chomp Grimlock - ending up about a 3rd it’s original price in many stores