PDA

View Full Version : Talk Like A Dinobot Day

SilverDragon
24th October 2008, 09:09 PM
I had this idea a while ago, but only now decided to post it. Yay for procrastination.

Yeah...so, there's all these Talk Like A X days (pirates, ninjas, etc.), yet so far, none specific to our fandom. So I had this idea. Basically, for one day, we all talk in the third person, like a certain bunch of metal dinosaurs.

Why the Dinobots? Well, aside from the fact that I love them utterly (so they were the first to pop to mind), they're probably the easiest Transformers characters to imitate in speech style (and probably the most enjoyable...well, I find it fun). That, and this year marks their return to an animated series since G1 all those years ago. I thought it was appropriate. Thus, I was thinking about October 27th, since that was the day in 1984 when 'SOS Dinobots' first aired. Of course, it'll be totally inconvinient, now I realise that we all have to go off and earn money in places where speaking in a retard voice would earn demotion.

Of course, you could all go make it 'Talk Like Inferno Day' (where you address everyone as 'The Royalty!') or something.

loophole
24th October 2008, 09:12 PM
my workmates allready think that im pretty weird and im an apprentice so i cant exactly get demoted, so it is very plausible :D

jacksplatt11
24th October 2008, 09:13 PM
Me Jacksplatt think good idea

Haha but yeah it might be a little hard to get away with in a workplace situation, I'll be at home so at least only my family would think I'm retarded :D

GoktimusPrime
24th October 2008, 09:29 PM
Technically you could just talk normally and that would still count as Dinobot speech because Swoop, Slag, Snarl and Sludge all spoke normally in the comics. It was only ever Grimlock who had the "grammar impediment" in the comics, and even then he was still more articulate than his cartoon counterpart. The cartoon Dinobots all spoke like cavemen though... 'cept in the movie and Season 3 where they spoke like cave-babies... it was kinda cute in the movie but got really freaking annoying in Season 3. (-_-)

One of my favourite moments in G1 where Grimlock shows that his words and wit can be as powerful as his brute strength:

Prowl: "All you've done so far is give orders and get on everyone's nerves."
Grimlock "If you think speech help, you make it. You better at it."
Prowl: "Me? It's not my job! Prime named you Autobot Leader, not me! You have a responsibility to your troops, a duty--"
Grimlock: "That it, isn't it? That what really stick in your craw! That Prime name me Autobot Leader and not you! Always saw yourself as next leader, didn't you? With your clever plans and fancy speeches!"
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/f/fc/Prowlg1exodus.jpg
Look at Prowl's expression - he'd been PWN'D! :D

Oh yeah, Snarl never spoke with any bad grammar in Transformers The Movie either. ;) *giggle* :D

P.S.: We should have a "Talk Like Seaspray" day or maybe a "Talk Like Warpath Day," POW!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Warpath%20Vs%20Kickback%20Photocomic/photocomic_warpathvskickback05.jpg?t=1224844431

STL
24th October 2008, 09:42 PM
Me am so down for it totally.

Pulse
24th October 2008, 10:04 PM
When I saw SW for the first time as a kid, I thought Yoda spoke funny :o but then I watched an episode with the Dinobots - & then I realised Yoda was much more intelligible than all 5 of them... :D

liegeprime
24th October 2008, 10:30 PM
Roooaaaaawrrk, aaarrkkwww, rrooaaaarrrk. :D:D:D:D

Lint
25th October 2008, 01:07 AM
When talk dinobot day? Lint can't wait till talk dinobot day!

jacksplatt11
25th October 2008, 01:30 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/0/04/GrimlockManga.jpg
Me Grimlock say repeat after me Grimlock, "27th October talk like Dinobot day..."

Kyle
25th October 2008, 09:47 AM
Me Kyle wreck any who no speak like Grimlock!

Metroplex
25th October 2008, 11:06 AM
"Me Grimlock kick butt"
*crunch*
"Me Grimlock need new strategy"

STL
25th October 2008, 12:16 PM
So 27th October is nominated me speak like Dinobot day?

Thanatos
25th October 2008, 12:48 PM
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.."

...what? Wrong Dinobot? ;)

GoktimusPrime
25th October 2008, 01:06 PM
Spoken with full honour!

Bartrim
25th October 2008, 09:20 PM
I don't know how talking like a dinobot would go down at work but every now and then I talk like animated Blitzwing and my manager thinks I'm cracking up from stress:D

SilverDragon
25th October 2008, 09:27 PM
I don't know how talking like a dinobot would go down at work but every now and then I talk like animated Blitzwing and my manager thinks I'm cracking up from stress:D

Me SD end anything about expressing feelings with 'in song' and people think me funny.

Me SD wonder what they teachers think.