PDA

View Full Version : C-131 Raiden Giftset on Oz Ebay

Rampage
21st January 2008, 06:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/G1-Transformers-C-131-RAIDEN-giftset-Japan-MIB-1987-toy_W0QQitemZ160200973841

looks like it's in very nice condition also but the price :eek:

Borgeman
21st January 2008, 06:26 PM
$1000? sure why not, lemme go and buy a winning tattslotto ticket, and ill be winning that within the week :p

George

TheDirtyDigger
21st January 2008, 07:06 PM
Let's all sit down now, bow our heads in silence and as a collective....pray for an Encore reissue.

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2008, 07:23 PM
Raiden is a Takara mould - so providing that:
a/ TakaraTOMY still have the mould
b/ TakaraTOMY believes that there would be sufficient demand
... then a reissue is possible.

We have seen reissues of other Japanese-exclusive G1 moulds before. But the one JP exclusive G1 reissue I really want is Lio Kaiser!!

Paulbot
21st January 2008, 08:19 PM
Oh! I got excited by the thread topic but that price is out of my league.

STL
21st January 2008, 10:10 PM
The seller worries me.... really does. He's not one to deal with.

But that aside, if it was the right time of the year, I'd be all over this at $1000. It's allure for me is purely it's Headmaster connection. Still behind the G1 most us consider to be real G1.

dirge
21st January 2008, 10:20 PM
I was thinking the same thing as STL. I wouldn't be handing a thousand dollars over to that seller. I _have_ Raiden, but even if I didn't I'd rather find a better seller overseas!

TheDirtyDigger
21st January 2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah at 5000+ feedbacks and exactly 99% positive, he screws over every 1 in 100 buyers (see I know math:p).

Be mighty frustrating to be that 1 in 100 on this auction.

STL
21st January 2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah at 5000+ feedbacks and exactly 99% positive, he screws over every 1 in 100 buyers (see I know math:p).

Be mighty frustrating to be that 1 in 100 on this auction.

The one thing I don't think eBay does well in feedback is it makes it hard to give negative feedback. Panbac's problem isn't (from my experience and others) that he doesn't deliver but the condition the item is in. Generally they do arrive but are in nowhere near the mint condition he claims they are in. Chrome, snapped off bits, rusting areas etc etc.

You want to leave him negative feedback but at the end of the day u did receive the item and it's what you were looking for though not in the condition you expected. Leavign a negative is a bit tight - especially when u have little space to type your complaint and face the prospect of retaliation.

I pretty much ignore him now unless I'm desperate for something.

griffin
22nd January 2008, 01:22 AM
Doesn't surprise me that this overpriced item is a panbac auction.

For those new, here's a little background info on just how reliable a panbac auction is:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2864

They would probably have a lot more negative feedback as well, but they are a dealer who refuses to give feedback to buyers first (dealers do that to prevent buyers from giving negative feedback, because it gives them the threat of retaliating with unwarrented negative feedback).

Anyway, a Raiden giftset can usually be found on US ebay every few months for about US$400-500, making it a hell of a lot cheaper than the local one. AU$2,000 Buy-it-now... that's just insane, and I hope no one is stupid enough to buy it without checking first its real current value.

SofaMan
22nd January 2008, 10:32 AM
We have seen reissues of other Japanese-exclusive G1 moulds before. But the one JP exclusive G1 reissue I really want is Lio Kaiser!!

.....Snap!

jaydisc
22nd January 2008, 02:24 PM
But the one JP exclusive G1 reissue I really want is Lio Kaiser!!

Couldn't agree more!

liegeprime
22nd January 2008, 04:02 PM
hmmm knew I heard from somewhere that ebay ID....