PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Combiner Blast Off coming to Amazon US

griffin
25th January 2018, 08:47 PM
The leaked info and images about a Hasbro release of the Unite Warriors (Combiner Wars) Blast Off had it speculated that it might be another "May Day" online exclusive like Groove, Wildrider and Slingshot... and now that it has been listed on Amazon America (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/amazon-listing-for-transformers-power-of-the-primes-blast-off/40551/) (as a place-holder page - no images or details), if it does end up being another online exclusive, hopefully that means that it will be accessible to us, like the previous three were (I think all three were... just very limited stock).

griffin
11th February 2018, 08:43 PM
The Amazon listing has been updated to include Megatronus in the title (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/power-of-the-primes-blastoff-to-come-with-special-edition-megatronus/40639/), which reflects the information we already saw on the leaked photo of the toy's cardback (which had a redeco of the Megatronus Prime Master figure).
Still no official images or release details (expect them next weekend at the New York Toyfair).

griffin
25th June 2018, 06:06 PM
Packaging images for Prime Wars Blast Off (and Megatronus) have been released by Robotkingdom (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/06/24/power-of-the-primes-blast-off-first-in-package-images-366156), which has the Deluxe toy in book box packaging, priced at US$33 (about AU$47 before shipping), and being released July 1st.

FatalityPitt
25th June 2018, 06:07 PM
Blast Off looks amazing. I love the head sculpt and the way it's painted. The chocolate brown colour is also spot on. Sucks that he's going to be hard for me to get, especially since he's my favourite combaticon (I have fond memories of the G2 toy).

1AZRAEL1
25th June 2018, 10:44 PM
Wonder if Amazon AU will supply this figure too..... :rolleyes:

Bidoofdude
25th June 2018, 11:20 PM
Wonder if Amazon AU will supply this figure too..... :rolleyes:

I don’t see why Amazon aren’t supplying stuff here from Hasbro. Would make a lot of stress go away with getting the new waves with such shoddy odds most of the time at retail.

bowspearer
26th June 2018, 12:09 AM
I was worried we might get something that was a carbon copy of UW Blast off, however they've totally nailed making a Toy accurate Blast-Off out of the UW mould which strived for animation accuracy. A big hats off to Hasbro here.

1AZRAEL1
26th June 2018, 02:16 AM
I don’t see why Amazon aren’t supplying stuff here from Hasbro. Would make a lot of stress go away with getting the new waves with such shoddy odds most of the time at retail.

I was just taking a sly shot at the upcoming gst block of US not supplying to us because we have the AU store. We lack diversity in our selection of goods thanks to our government stepping in and doing it

But enough derailing. I do like the look of this figure, and this Prime Master will only be available with this set I take it?

UltraMarginal
26th June 2018, 12:05 PM
it's interesting that they have slightly modified the design, swapped the arms I think, so the nose of the shuttle is now on his back and not his chest. I'm tempted to see if I can make this change easily on my existing Takara version. Otherwise it's nearly different enough to get. nearly.

christalcase
26th June 2018, 01:37 PM
it's interesting that they have slightly modified the design, swapped the arms I think, so the nose of the shuttle is now on his back and not his chest. I'm tempted to see if I can make this change easily on my existing Takara version. Otherwise it's nearly different enough to get. nearly.

I think they first made this change with the TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Baldigus version so Hasbro must be using that version of the mold.

Deano85
26th June 2018, 04:45 PM
I'm definitely keen on getting this Blastoff, hopefully can find somewhere with cheaper shipping tho.

I got the Wildrider and Slingshot exclusives from robotkingdom back when they came out. So would be nice to complete Bruticus.

UltraMarginal
26th June 2018, 07:39 PM
actually looking at the pictures available, it looks like it can be configured either way, interesting

ReximusPrimal
28th June 2018, 10:15 PM
Any chance we will ever get this?

Convoid
13th July 2018, 08:09 AM
Available for pre-order at The Little Toy Company:

https://www.thelittletoycompany.com.au/transformers-preorders/transformers-power-of-the-primes-leader-optimus-primal-pre-order-ehn37

1AZRAEL1
13th July 2018, 08:45 AM
60 bucks? Wow, we really get the short end of the stick when it comes to exclusives here

dirge
13th July 2018, 08:47 AM
60 bucks? Wow, we really get the short end of the stick when it comes to exclusives here

Plus postage.

I'd like him, but I'm not paying $69 for a deluxe when I'm happy with the fighter jet version (it's more of a combat vehicle than a shuttle).

Omega Metro
13th July 2018, 09:36 AM
Plus postage.

I'd like him, but I'm not paying $69 for a deluxe when I'm happy with the fighter jet version (it's more of a combat vehicle than a shuttle).

Agree. I’m happy with the jet version.

Deano85
13th July 2018, 01:14 PM
Mine arrived from robotkingdom a couple of days ago. An awesome figure and really completes bruticus

reillyd
13th July 2018, 02:11 PM
Mine arrived yesterday from RK and I haven't stopped flying him yet. It's a VAST improvement over the jet version, and the colour apps in robot mode make him stand out from the uber expensive Japanese version (buy a whole box set).
The Megatronus is repainted differently to the prime master retail version - I quite like it, but will probably just stick him in the SDCC box set so I make up the twelve.

The packaging though.... its sweet. If you're on the fence, have a look at a YouTube video. Yes 60 for a deluxe is a lot, but I'm glad I have mine.

griffin
16th July 2018, 10:23 PM
In America this is an Amazon exclusive, and it is now listed there (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077YYP738/) for pre-order (has been in and out of stock already)... and gives us some nice official images as well (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-prime-wars-exclusive-blast-off-with-megatronus-amazon-listing/41594/).