PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft Barbie dolls. Any give a damn?

DELTAprime
19th February 2018, 08:25 PM
So remember that 2013 Tomb Raider reboot that is now being turned into a movie that hopefully will be better than the average video game movie? Well Mattel are making Barbie dolls based on it.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2018/02/18/mattel-unveils-tomb-raider-barbie

Does anyone care? Cause I really don't think the Barbie and Tomb Raider audience overlap.

reillyd
20th February 2018, 03:03 AM
But she's so pretty, my precious.... she's mine, lol!

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th February 2018, 05:41 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see that Barbie is going for an attanetion grab more than nything else.

Look at us, we're empowering young girls, coz we have a Lara toy.
Even though the movie is probably like an M rating at least.
(Not a real mattel quote)

BigTransformerTrev
22nd February 2018, 11:45 AM
Geez, I just looked at the Barbie-Lara pic - could they make her chest any smaller? :rolleyes:

Bad enough they started shrinking her boobs from the 1999 game onwards, but this is ridiculous!

They make a Barbie Doll based on how she looked in the TR3 game and I will consider it.

drifand
22nd February 2018, 04:44 PM
Looks fine to me. or you can pay a hundred for hot toys version .
I would buy this over the Star Wars Kylo ren or Rey by Hasbro. but thats me.

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/02/191426/alicia-vikander-tomb-raider-times-up-harassment-interview

Her boobs isn't big. I am actually fine with this both movie and toy as appearance.

reillyd
22nd February 2018, 09:52 PM
Geez, I just looked at the Barbie-Lara pic - could they make her chest any smaller? :rolleyes:

Bad enough they started shrinking her boobs from the 1999 game onwards, but this is ridiculous!

They make a Barbie Doll based on how she looked in the TR3 game and I will consider it.

Yeah I think there's a trend towards making HEALTHY body images now, hence a variety of heights, chest sizes and weights. If you want .... ahem .... buxom you need to look to Phicen and similar. She is meant to be a role model for would-be female archaeologists, not us fanboys :D

BigTransformerTrev
22nd February 2018, 10:15 PM
Yeah I think there's a trend towards making HEALTHY body images now, hence a variety of heights, chest sizes and weights. If you want .... ahem .... buxom you need to look to Phicen and similar. She is meant to be a role model for would-be female archaeologists, not us fanboys :D

She always looked pretty damn healthy to me :D

Role model for female archeologists? Be it video game or movie, she still wears tiny skin-tight clothing and shoots everything in sight - somehow I don’t think a breast reduction is going to suddenly make her someone realistic for them to aspire to be ;)

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
22nd February 2018, 10:49 PM
She is meant to be a role model for would-be female archaeologists...

I didn't realise the archaeology curriculum included ice axe fighting and archery (https://youtu.be/3KkhD0MnaJU?t=1m52s)... :p

kup
23rd February 2018, 09:33 AM
Looks more like an action figure but I wouldn't get it regardless. I like Tomb Raider but not enough of a fan to buy merchandise.

The last Tomb Raider I played (recently) was the reboot from a couple of years ago and it was great though.

reillyd
26th February 2018, 05:21 PM
I didn't realise the archaeology curriculum included ice axe fighting and archery (https://youtu.be/3KkhD0MnaJU?t=1m52s)... :p

Indiana Jones did much of the same, including punching and shooting.

If I had a daughter, I would hope she become a rich tomb robber so I could retire in a life of luxury and no toy would be denied me :P

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
26th February 2018, 07:41 PM
Indiana Jones did much of the same, including punching and shooting.

If I had a daughter, I would hope she become a rich tomb robber so I could retire in a life of luxury and no toy would be denied me :P

I'd say the same about Indiana Jones, and I'd say the same about Daniel Jackson as well -- some kid's going to be real pissed when he finds out after he becomes an archaeologist that he won't be able to jump to other worlds through wormholes, fire automatic and alien weaponry and make out with hot alien babes.

mikeyc7m
28th February 2018, 09:09 AM
good to see a fully articulated doll from barbie. my daughter has a thousand, they can't stand by themselves so she's forced to hold them one at a time. perhaps the success of superherogirls has shown barbie the way forward.

shockNwave
28th February 2018, 08:37 PM

It looks like the days of Va-Va-Voom Raider;) are gone. Although it doesn't worry me because she will always be hot.

BigTransformerTrev
1st March 2018, 04:26 PM
It looks like the days of Va-Va-Voom Raider;) are gone. Although it doesn't worry me because she will always be hot.

Ha! I like that! :D

DELTAprime
1st March 2018, 08:54 PM

Thing is Lara Croft didn't become rich raiding tombs, she inherited it from wealthy ancestors. I think she's meant to be British nobility, but not royalty. She spends her families fortune doing "archaeology".