PDA

View Full Version : POTP Optimal Optimus leaked toy photos

griffin
16th March 2018, 09:19 PM
From one of the regular Chinese leaks comes in-hand photos of the wave 3 Leader class POTP toy Optimal Optimus (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/03/15/transformers-power-primes-optimal-optimus-hand-images-360881)... showing us the different modes, and accessories.

DELTAprime
17th March 2018, 02:15 PM
I wonder what Hasbro's thoughts were in regards to being able to form the larger beast mode without the smaller Optimus Primal at all. Seems kinda odd compared to POTP Optimus Prime and Rodimus.

i_amtrunks
17th March 2018, 06:05 PM
The wave of nostalgia that hit me when I saw those photos was very unexpected.

That is one good looking figure, no idea if we will ever get it here with the way the toy shelves are going but I won’t lie, it made me grin and go “wow”.

I think it is also one of those figures that will be amazing to the fans of theBeast Wars series and probably get a mostly “meh” from everyone else! :p

griffin
17th March 2018, 08:24 PM
I wonder what Hasbro's thoughts were in regards to being able to form the larger beast mode without the smaller Optimus Primal at all. Seems kinda odd compared to POTP Optimus Prime and Rodimus.

I had the same thought at first as well, but then realised that you do need it for its robot mode and vehicle mode (like Optimus and Rodimus), and the Gorilla mode is basically a bonus third mode that the other two toys don't have (their trailers don't have a third mode). So in a way, the Leaders still have the same basic formula, but this one has an extra feature that the other two don't have.

SharkyMcShark
17th March 2018, 09:55 PM
I really adore the idea of the leader class figures in this series, but none of them have really grabbed me yet. TBH I thought that the original Optimal was a weak design anyway, even as a 10 year old when I got it.

Bidoofdude
17th March 2018, 11:17 PM
As someone only familiar with Season 1 BW characters (I loved the Rattrap and Waspinator deluxes), this guy still looks really cool. I'd get him if I had an emotional attachment to him.

griffin
26th April 2018, 09:04 PM
More official images of Optimal Optimus (http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/04/25/power-primes-leader-class-evolution-optimal-optimus-new-stock-photos-362970), from official sources this time.