PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - POTP VOY Elita-1

griffin
15th April 2018, 04:26 PM
(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Elita-1
Series - Generations
Sub-line - Power of the Primes
Size/class - Voyager
New/remould/redeco - remould Starscream
Wave - 2
Released here - not yet (Asia & America FEB 2018)
Approximate Retail Price - (about AU$50) US$25
Approximate Size - 20cm?
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - fighter jet
Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner core
Main Colours - red, white, pink
Main Accessories - 2 x combiner foot, 2 x guns, gold Enigma

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/transformers/2018/gpp26.jpg

snaketales
23rd May 2018, 10:13 PM
The mold suits Elita more than Starscream to my eyes. The thinner legs make a better looking profile: she doesn't have clown feet like Starscream.
Wings feature a lot of red foil stickers, which I kept catching the edges of when transforming. I can easily see these becoming loose over time.
Mine, like most others it seems, came with the feet on the wrong legs. To be honest I didn't notice at first. The only real difference is it enables her feet to be flat on the floor.
Her wing backpack seems to be connected by only one metal pin, which an enterprising customiser may be able to remove for a more streamlined, albeit partsforming, robot.

Jellico
24th May 2018, 06:28 AM
Not great not bad. Posing is mostly limited to looking epic.

I sort of feel bad saying this but Elita Infinite has the best combiner butt. Which if you know anything about human biology and how hard combiners struggle to have any sort of shape to them is sort of funny.

M-bot
24th May 2018, 09:14 AM
Agree with Snaketales that Elita is a much better use of the mould than Starscream. Just wish she’d been released first.

Not quite the same tabbing issues as my SS has. Stickers are still a mess and will be replaced on mine by a fabulous looking set just released from Toyhax/Reprolabels. Loving the colours on her too.

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2018, 02:52 PM
I can't help wonder if this toy would've been better without any stickers.

Jellico
24th May 2018, 04:41 PM
I have seen some photos without stickers and it looks good on first inspection. On second inspection you notice some painting sloppiness. I am starting to think the stickers allow the painting specifications to be less stringent by covering the edges.

Deano85
24th May 2018, 05:42 PM
Wish we would get a Thundercracker repaint of the Starscream version. Hopefully a better looking head too.

Jellico
24th May 2018, 05:50 PM
I would love to see someone carve up Elita and Starscream and build a Slipstream.

M-bot
24th May 2018, 08:43 PM
I can't help wonder if this toy would've been better without any stickers.

I’m certain of it.

shockNwave
25th May 2018, 09:20 PM
She's definitely better than Starscream in both jet and robot modes. I like how her feet kind of look like she's wearing runners. It makes her look more athletic. The only drawback I see is that her firearms are crappy compared to Starscream's.

hYpNoS
25th May 2018, 10:17 PM
I find her arms don't close as well as starscream's meaning you might have the combiner peg locks move about too much but other than that she's eh, seems the mold as a whole is meh in general

ampoldj
27th May 2018, 01:39 PM
I like her face sculpt as most of the fembots just can't get over the orange plastics...

Sutton
30th May 2018, 09:15 PM
First thing I did was take off almost all of the stickers - looks 100X better. Paint isn't sloppy on mine at all.

Also find the jet mode looks better with the fists put away for 'combined' mode, even though I think that means losing one tab...

M-bot
31st May 2018, 06:12 PM
Perplexing why they made the combiner foot out of orange plastic and then paint it almost completely black (except for *inside* a peg hole). If you want it black, why not mould it from black plastic like the Dinobots? If you want it to have that shiny painted look, why do it for her combiner feet and not the Dinobot's ones? Surely it adds unnecessarily to the cost?

prjkt
1st June 2018, 07:15 AM
Perplexing why they made the combiner foot out of orange plastic and then paint it almost completely black (except for *inside* a peg hole). If you want it black, why not mould it from black plastic like the Dinobots? If you want it to have that shiny painted look, why do it for her combiner feet and not the Dinobot's ones? Surely it adds unnecessarily to the cost?

Probably still cheaper than doing a whole injection moulding just for the combiner feet - Elita doesn’t have any black plastic parts at all to have shared a sprue with those feet

M-bot
1st June 2018, 09:36 AM
Probably still cheaper than doing a whole injection moulding just for the combiner feet - Elita doesn’t have any black plastic parts at all to have shared a sprue with those feet

That actually makes some sense.

UltraMarginal
1st June 2018, 11:27 AM

Both of you shut up with your logic!!:D

Dimi194
1st June 2018, 02:31 PM
So I agree with the jet mode vibes-totally trash, looks like a squashed robot with wings :p:p:p

However I love the robot mode-the sculpting makes her look both sleek but bulky, and I think the wings help give her awesome presence, along with the large rocket boot-heels. Headsculpt is great and the colours are wild but really pop, no issues with my robot mode stickers.
But the guns are so small (and the handles are a bit too short too)-if they were just 25% bigger it would be epic, OR if there were peg holes on her forearms, but alas, can't have everything.
Really hoping for a fembot combiner, I'd happily do 2 redecos of the same (new?) mold, so she can have symmetrical arms/legs.

Happy with this one!

Paulbot
2nd June 2018, 03:58 PM
First thing I did was take off almost all of the stickers - looks 100X better. Paint isn't sloppy on mine at all.

Could you, or anyone that’s done this, share some photos? Particularly the sticker-less jet mode?

1AZRAEL1
2nd June 2018, 05:32 PM
I hope for a Slipstream out of this mold too. I reckon her green and purples will just pop

Sutton
2nd June 2018, 11:33 PM
Could you, or anyone that’s done this, share some photos? Particularly the sticker-less jet mode?

My photography stinks, but someone over at TFW did it -

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/20180213_005238-1-jpg.27915055/

The paintwork or mine is crisp, but some other folk's have got slightly fuzzy lines like this one - but honestly even then it's still heaps better IMHO.

BigTransformerTrev
18th July 2018, 08:57 AM
To be honest, I thought since there were so many differences between this toy and how she looked in the G1 cartoon I wouldn't like this toy too much. I was pleasantly surprised that when I took her out of the box I found otherwise :)

Yes, her body doesn't look like the lithe agile G1 incarnation but I think for a new generation this version works very well. For an Autobot leader and the leader of the female Autobot contingent, I think a big bulky imposing body type works. She has relatively the same colour scheme as G1 and the same curves coming in from the sides of her chest (even if her chest is now even bigger than the mousepad (http://www.bigangrytrev.com/elita-one-mouse-pad/) I have of her :p). I would have liked to see her have a big rifle rather than two small pistols though, though they work well on the jet mode. Her head sculpt is great!

With her alt-mode, once again I thought I would be annoyed that she wasn't a ground vehicle like in G1 but for a new generation it works. I think the mode works better for her than Starscream, as you can imagine her to be a Cybertronian jet which makes the jet more believable than as an Earth jet. And the Autobot femmebots were in sore need of a jet on their team, everyone else being either ground vehicles or helicopters.

So overall, while not G1 accurate and I'll admit to not being a fan of the stickers, I think this is a great version of the character for a new Generation, very good!

dirge
24th February 2019, 04:50 PM
Finally grabbed her at Myer's sale. Held off for ages mostly because while I've had Chromia for years, I didn't fancy chasing down Moonracer and Firestar. But I finally saw and grabbed a retail Moonracer yesterday.

Anyway... I agree re the stickers, they're a bit ambitious and will peel easily. I would have prefereed the more Barbie-esque pinks that the G1 cartoon gave us, from a POV of G1 accuracy - but I can understand why Hasbro went down the crimson & salmon path they did - a $50 boy's toy in "girl" pinks may struggle to sell (even more than she has).

I didn't grab Starscream, but I can say I like this mould. She's something of a backpack-former, but doesn't feet like it since the plane mode doesn't have a lot of undercarriage junk.

GoktimusPrime
24th February 2019, 09:43 PM
I didn't grab Starscream, but I can say I like this mould. She's something of a backpack-former, but doesn't feet like it since the plane mode doesn't have a lot of undercarriage junk.
<shameless plug> I'm selling a POTP Starscream atm if anyone's still looking for one. </shameless plug> ;)

tinyJazz
13th March 2019, 03:40 AM
Disappointing. I really wanted to like this figure, but the voyager Starscream is already so terrible there’s not much you can do to improve it. :/ Still has flimsy clown shoes for feet that come apart every time you try to pose her. Doesn’t feel like a solid figure at all. I think Elita & Starscream suffer from being shoehorned into a linewide combiner gimmick, but even the CW voyagers weren’t this bad.

That said, I do like her colour scheme and I especially love her headsculpts. I ended up swapping her head onto delicate warrior’s body (3rd party not-Arcee figure), it’s actually a pretty good fit, just needs a little custom work on the deco.